1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bismarck ISOTed to RMS Titanic - and U-234

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Tyr Anazasi, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Bandaid

Bandaid Getting sticky.

As I wrote, I consider it unlikely that the Great War can be prevented. However, not impossible.

Lets see, as for Germany, they will know what a desaster it turned out to be and they will know that they are not nearly ready for it. Also, presumably, someone will whack the Kaiser over his head for his various diplomatic blunders. And the imperial high command, or at least signifcant portions of it, will get whacked much harder. Scrapping the Schliefen Plan and not marching trough Belgium will make it much harder for Britain to enter the war.

Speaking of Britain, they will be very cautious about engaging Germany because of: A: The presumed capabilities of the new German Battleship and even more important B: The fact that Bismarck popped out of nowhere so there might be even more Bismarcks in whatever hole the first Bismarck sailed out from. Until they are sure Bismarck is the only one of its kind the belief in British superiourity at sea will be deeply shaken.

Austria can be told how compromised they are trough Redl. That should dampen war enthusiasm for the forseeable future from that corner once they realize just how fucked they are.

As for the Ottomans, Germany could try to mediate between Italy and the Ottomans, shortening that war. Then try to prob up the Ottomans in an attempt to stabilize the Balkans. If the sick man of Europe looks not quite as sick anymore...

I am not saying it will be easy or cheap and it will depend on a lot of factors. All I am saying it is possible. Unlikely but possible.

GeshronTyler, Dinarte33 and Anti-No like this.
  2. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Unfortunatelly,not possible at all.
    1.Germans had very good plan - use Schiefen plan to take Paris in 1914,and destroy russian army in 1915.After that,England must sue for peace.
    But,german made traditional german mistake - made good plan,but not others if main plan failed.Even worst,they fucked Schiefen plan by sending part of army designated to take Paris to fight russian.Stupid - even if Russia take East Prussia,german would still have Paris and knock France out of the war.
    German lost WW1 only thanks tp their own mistakes.

2.England wonted war with Germany,becouse Germany built big oceanic fleet.Only scrapping it could prevent England from seeking war with Germany.Belgium was pretext.

3.A-H knew that they are fucked,but Germans lied,that they send their army to crush Russia first.If A-H knew that,they would do anything to prevent war.

4.weak Ottoman mean war in Balkans,but instead of helping them,why not help Bulgars&others take Constantinopole in 1912 ? both approach would work.

5.Becouse every mayor player wonted war,it could not be stopped. And becouse germans from 1941 thought thet they are winning war,they had no reason to seek peace.Only those from U-boot.

GeshronTyler and Tursiops Amicus like this.
  3. Rizkyss

Rizkyss I'm HIV Aladeen

tyr anzasi, will you post your other tl in here?

4. Tyr Anazasi

Tyr Anazasi Making the rounds.

Atlas and Rizkyss like this.
  5. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Then you should not add President Trump as comic relief.Merkel in 1944 would be no modern politics,just like making american and polish politics from 1944 bunch of idiots.
    I undarstandt,that you do not like USA and Poland, but they made enough of real mistakes in 1944,so you no need to made them some fictional.

Ocean Sailor likes this.
  6. GeshronTyler

GeshronTyler I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, I was wondering if this story would show up here. Imperial Germany will have to work hard to find solutions to their vulnerabilities in regards to strategic materials and access to the sea lanes being cut off by their enemies on their land borders, and rival naval powers. It doesn't really matter what Germany does, any expansion of capability in industry and the military will be seen as a threat, primarily by France and England. The best bet I think would be to strengthen the domestic agriculture, industry, and transportation/infrastructure, over trying to immediately expand/reform the military. Unfortunately, the people in charge are invested in the plans and concepts they had historically, it remains to be seen how flexible and innovative they can be when faced with such an OoC stimulus.

The big butterfly could be strengthening ties to the US, to counterbalance British and French influences somewhat, so the US would stay more readily neutral in a European conflict. Certainly, European wars were anything but rare, and it took quite a bit of effort by France and Britain, plus some mistakes by Germany, before the US entered the war as Germany's enemy...

Those Enigma machines are going to cause a lot of frustration for spies, when they start being reverse engineered, and mass produced. Frankly, it may not take all that long before a machine gets stolen/captured, but even then, without Turing's code breaking computer, Enigma encryption is practically unbreakable.

7. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Not needed.All Germans in OTL needed was not change Schielffen plan.France would fall in 1914,Russia in 1915.And we have german Europe in 1916.Of course, Russia nad France would ,as a result,start WW2 after they catch up with technology.What could we have, then ? A bomb used in 1940 ?

Hadrian.Caeser likes this.