• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Bug: Parts of post text not appearing

Skitzyfrenic

Elves are for lewding.
I have no pictures, unfortunately. I wouldn't be able to predict this happening, I think.

I'm also not entirely sure that it's a forum side issue, but to cover my bases I figured I should post, just in case.

Browser is OperaGX, if that matters.

It's happened a couple times.

It'll usually be the last paragraph which has been a small sentence up to a proper paragraph, and I'll miss it. Then go back and re-trawl the thread and suddenly I find there's more to a post. And the post will not indicated that it's been edited.

So I'm pretty sure posts aren't fully loading, which is weird when it's just text posts.

And not on quote boxes, the way they get cut off when the expand quote button doesn't work quite right? That is weird.

I'd want to know about the underlying HTML on the posts that get cut off, but it does sound like you can't identify them at the time. Is OperaGX a phone browser or a desktop browser? If you do identify one on the same page, and it hasn't "fixed itself" by the time you scroll back up, try any "view source" options and let us know if the rest of the post is hiding in the HTML or if it's missing there too. If it's there in the HTML but not in your browser, that sounds like a browser--CSS issue.

Is OperaGX a phone browser or a desktop browser?

I'm using the desktop version, but it's one of those browsers that has multi-platform shenanigans.

And not on quote boxes, the way they get cut off when the expand quote button doesn't work quite right? That is weird.

It was kinda like that, I guess. When I went back and saw the parts that I missed, the formatting was consistently a bit borked for them too. Like an extra enter press' worth of space preceeding it. But on the way down, yeah it was kind like a when a quote box misloads during the 'expand quote.' Just stuff missing.

If you do identify one on the same page, and it hasn't "fixed itself" by the time you scroll back up, try any "view source" options and let us know if the rest of the post is hiding in the HTML or if it's missing there too. If it's there in the HTML but not in your browser, that sounds like a browser--CSS issue.

I'll try if I notice it happens again.

Point of information, as I was trouble shooting later and ended up updating my browser, so I'm kinda hoping that solved the problem.

I posted here just trying to do my due diligence, and let's all hope that the bug is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back