• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
I'm enjoying this fic, plus the celestial picks are interesting too. I just don't fully understand why the MC isn't trying to stand out more, or at least aim for more spectacular achievements like top in the class or poison/healing prodigy without shying away from notice… he would get more CP and more celestial grimoire rolls.
He is. He is working hard. Trying to be top at the end of year. Gamon is once in a lifetime prodigy and so is Katsuro. Kaito has his work cut out.
He is not sure how CP is earned.
 
The MC is spending Yang chakra when using earthbending; I imagine that once he discovers the more spiritual side of the art, he'll also start using the Yin aspect of his chakra (like bending without physical movements, or achieving that immortality earthbenders can attain).
 
The MC is spending Yang chakra when using earthbending; I imagine that once he discovers the more spiritual side of the art, he'll also start using the Yin aspect of his chakra (like bending without physical movements, or achieving that immortality earthbenders can attain).

Yang chakra is because of Chi energy which is a physical energy. When arriving in Chakra world, Celestial grimoire translated Chi energy into yang chakra, which is similar type of physical energy. While manipulating of Chi for earthbending with mind is a form of advance manipulation and matter of control.
 
Yes agreed. It's a crutch. A training regime. Many skilled ones can do it via thought . But still it's required by benders who are learning.
I can't compare anything to sudden knowledge arriving in new body, closest is car driver , driving a truck while injured in one hand. Even though systems are same , he will struggle to drive.

Literally no one in the OG Show bends with a thought. Minor movement, yes. No mouvement at all ? Never. No a single time. Not the Firelord, not the Avatar, not any of the Masters of the White Lotus, not Toph. Not. A. Single. Character.

Even Combustion Man needs to move to fire his beams.

It's pretty clear that the creators of the series intended for movements to always be needed, no matter how skilled.

It's only Korra that introduced that shitty Physic Bloodbending garbage.
 
I like the setup of this story
We had baths, but no telephones or convenient indoor plumbing. Paper existed. Musical instruments existed. Cigarettes existed and so did alcohol.
But this one is weird, paper and cigarettes are higher tech then papyrus sure, but musical instruments and alcohol are ancient, people always loved making noise and getting drunk
 
I like the setup of this story

But this one is weird, paper and cigarettes are higher tech then papyrus sure, but musical instruments and alcohol are ancient, people always loved making noise and getting drunk
I only said telephone and plumbing doesn't exist in suna at the given date that is 32 to 34 AV,
There is plumbing in higher level rich buildings, but it is not yet widespread.
Technology in Naruto grew rapidly after village construction and from canon Naruto to shipudden to Boruto.
Yes , it is to show that technology Level doesn't follow same path as on earth.
 
Last edited:
I can smell the sloppening bro can you either edit it better or tag the gippity
 
Literally no one in the OG Show bends with a thought. Minor movement, yes. No mouvement at all ? Never. No a single time. Not the Firelord, not the Avatar, not any of the Masters of the White Lotus, not Toph. Not. A. Single. Character.

Even Combustion Man needs to move to fire his beams.

It's pretty clear that the creators of the series intended for movements to always be needed, no matter how skilled.

It's only Korra that introduced that shitty Physic Bloodbending garbage.

I think the one that used the least amount of conventional/body/limb movement was Bumi.

And yes, Korra is terrible for almost every single little thing it did. It's one of the most catastrophic sequels of all time.
 
Last edited:
This lost me, the true power of the celestials is their out of context nature so having this happen makes them much less interesting

It will make him too OP. He may get out of universe perks, items, artifacts except energy source which will be changed and absorbed in chakra. Addition of different energy source will light him up as strange and anomaly.
His chakra will still be different in many ways.
Plus chakra is a mixture of physical, mental (and spiritual) energies so it is easy to fit in.
I don't want a story driven by system rather a story that is only assisted by any system. I had some ideas to make kaito powerful without cheat to combat the real monsters of world, but they would stretch level of imagination very much and will be too much on the nose. The story focus would have changed into acquisition of power by any means and it would have change character of si.
 
Last edited:
Because it is AI. I let AI generate enough stories to kill time to know it at glance.

Heh. I wrote 8 chapters in 2 holidays. As I ran out of stories to read. I just wrote whatever was on mind. By the time, I wrote them , I didn't have energy to focus on editing. I have last written other forms of literary style a decade ago. This is my first time writing story format.
Btw, suggest me some stories to kill time too.
 
A Bum trying to look at a prodigy will always find things unnatural.



Kakashi created Chidori when he was 12 years old. Itachi awakened his Mangekyo when he was 12 and became a Kage level Shinobi.

Obito became strong as fuck (even though he kinda overrelied on Kamui) when he was 14. Sasuke created multiple Chidori variants and Kirin (an S class ninjutsu) when he was 14-15 years old.

Heck, if you want to talk about non-clan kids, then Minato beat multiple Special Jonins when he was a kid. Even in Suna, Sasori was strong enough to kill the Third Kazekage when he was a teen.

The world doesn't lack prodigies. This Chika girl is just a bum who can't accept that True Prodigies exist because she has never seen one before.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure at this point in the timeline there haven't actually been all that many prodigies due to the warring States. So it wouldn't be surprising for a child's imagination to start going in different directions.
 
I think the one that used the least amount of conventional/body/limb movement was Bumi.

And yes, Korra is terrible for almost every single little thing it did. It's one of the most catastrophic sequels of all time.

I particularly hate Psychic Bloodbullshit. I would have tolerated it if they could Bloodbend without the Moon because they were blessed by the Moon Spirit or something. I could have tolerated them being able to Bloodbend with little movement if they had become experts in it. But without the Moon and without even moving !? That goes against literally everything in Avatar at the same time.

And Zaheer who instantly become an expert Airbender with literally no training...

I really hate Korra. Both the show and the character, but mostly the show. Their disregard of the established rules, their inaccurate interpretation of the Spirit World, the replacement of the cool Martial Arts based Bending by soulless basic fighting, the White Lotus that goes from ultra competent Masters to useless idiots, Korra being able to bend two opposites elements without any training,... It didn't do anything right.

Honestly, when I write anything set in Avatar, I just ignore The Legend of Korra's existence. Otherwise, the world building just collapse on itself.
 
To be fair, I'm pretty sure at this point in the timeline there haven't actually been all that many prodigies due to the warring States. So it wouldn't be surprising for a child's imagination to start going in different directions.

There were Hanzo the salamander, Sasuke sarutobi, Hashirama, Tobirama, Madara, that Uzumaki clan head.
As for Chika, she is more like frog in well. Much of it is because she is clan kid and much because of propaganda. Her perspective is different. She is supported all her 10 years of life by clan at every step. She still can't believe how this no name orphan, is beating her in class, especially poison and medical class (Tsunade laughing in corner), which her clan excel (hehe) at.
 
The world doesn't lack prodigies. This Chika girl is just a bum who can't accept that True Prodigies exist because she has never seen one before.
Tbf, they probably don't have true prodigys at this time. Sasori isn't born yet, and Chiyo probably doesn't have her rep. This girl is legit rattled by witnessing this Prodigy.
 
Huh...I know that the logical development for him to acquire would be Sand Bending, but I feel like, with the synergy here, it'd also be useful to see if he could pick up Bone Bending, for just the slightest bit of extra toughness, resilience, and/or mobility.
There are only four bending arts. Others are advance form of arts which can be developed later on.
 
I like what I'm reading so far. That said, I would space out your conversations better.

"You're getting stronger," she said.
"Trying to."
"The clan kids are worried."
I looked at her. "Are they?"
"Chika mentioned it. She said you're improving too fast. That it's unnatural."
"What did you say?"
Mido shrugged. "I said maybe she's just not as good as she thinks she is."
I laughed—a rare sound. "You didn't."
"I did." She smiled slightly. "She didn't appreciate it."
"I can imagine."
We sat in comfortable silence for a moment.
"Kaito," Mido said quietly. "Whatever you're doing—whatever's making you improve so fast—be careful. and keep doing it"
"I know."
"Good." She stood, brushing sand from her clothes. "Break the arrogance of clan kids"

"What about it?"
"It's good. Really good." She studied me with those sharp eyes. "How did you come up with it?"
"Experimenting."

These are just two from the latest chapters and it was very hard not to just skim past through reading them since the clump was murder on the eyes.
 
There are only four bending arts. Others are advance form of arts which can be developed later on.
I mean, some are definitely advanced sub-types, but others seem more like a horizontal step then a vertical or diagonal one; Snow Bending or Ice Bending doesn't get some sort of special fucking mention.

Healing is kind of unique, but when Katara Bent the water out of Aang's lungs they didn't call it something special.

When a Air Bender yeets themselves around for mobility they still don't call it anything unique.

This is all to say that he should be able to adjust the position of his bones, and possible move them directly with Bending to supplement his strength and speed, and that if a Earth Bender can metaphysically brace themselves against the ground to be immovable then they should be able to brace themselves against their bones to become tougher as well, and also possibly make their bones grow denser as a tangential ability similar to healing.
 
When a Air Bender yeets themselves around for mobility they still don't call it anything unique.
Because its still Air. Subgenres of bending IS If IT seems to Mix with other Elements or use a different state of Matter Like Lava bending (earth+fire(Heat)) or blood ending (water+moongoddes)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top