1. The Seventh Rule:
    Threads that have been dormant for 1 month are considered dead threads. IF you make a post to a dead thread, it must be a significant contribution; story update, new information on current events, new activity for games elsewhere, etc. Asking if a story or quest is dead or will be continued does not count.
    Brought to you by your oppressive neighborhood ⑨
    Dismiss Notice
  2. After some discussion backstage, I have altered Rule 2 a bit to clarify its function. Please check it out in the Rules post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. After repeated requests and a backstage conversation, I will shortly be implementing an Index subforum in each of the Q&R forums and the NSFW CW forum. Our mods have agreed to do the dirty work of moving said threads, which will be done over the next day or three.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Alerts on thread OP posting are now enabled.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The server upgrade has been completed. As usual, any infelicities may be reported in the appropriate subforum.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. In light of the flood of reports concerning political posts and the repeat offenses of people arguing over the same subject for the last couple months, politics is now banned on QQ.

See the post in the Announcements section for more details.

Dismiss Notice
  7. In the wake of the recent Cloudflare information disclosure issues, we've been asked several times whether QQ might have been affected. QQ does not use Cloudflare in any capacity, and so is not affected by the Cloudflare bug. You may wish to take action regarding other Cloudflare-enabled sites you visit (in particular SV), but there is no problem regarding QQ.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. It is with sadness, that we have to announce the loss of a QQ member. Thunderbolt passed away in his sleep several days ago. We were informed of this loss by his wife using his account.

Be respectful of his passing. Drop by this thread, if you want to say something nice.

Dismiss Notice

Dark General OOC

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by gibbousmoons, Mar 5, 2014.

1. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons All hail! Moderator

There has been questioning, and now answers!

Energy Drain is something that you can normally only do to a person within arms' reach of you. It generally requires close contact, but not skin contact, and is extremely obvious.

People (and for those who can use a similar effect on terrain, things) affected by Energy Drain are visibly tired and worn out. A tree starts to droop, flowers wilt, etc. You can stop this effect by barely taking any energy, but what fun is that?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Robotninja

Robotninja Well worn.

My skill at draining stuff means I get more energy for similar amounts of tiredness, correct?

3. gibbousmoons

Yes, you have more fine control in general, and are capable of subtly draining things. . .to an extent.

4. Robotninja

Robotninja Well worn.

How subtle is my claimed territory when passive?

5. gibbousmoons

No normal humans can notice the difference, and most supernatural beings will only notice if they either take a good long look and know there's something wrong, or have an affinity for the territory themselves.

6. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Weapon type, what about fists? Or maybe the gauntlets.

7. gibbousmoons

Your level of training has hardened your body to outside forces, giving you the following skill to add to your character sheet.

"Berserk Might- When using your Berserker skill, your strength soars to truly absurd levels. Given proper leverage, you could throw multiple tons of material for a city block!"

You start with a pair of bronze gauntlets that reach halfway to your elbows. They have no special properties beyond being completely invulnerable to any level of force.

8. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

What does Spears give Me?

9. gibbousmoons

I'm sorry, I totally forgot!

You have a single rank in weapon use, so your weapon can be imbued with your magical power to enhance it physically and let it tear through supernatural and mundane resistance.

You have a five foot spear with a short blade on the tip, designed to punch through armor. The blade blossoms into a rose's flower when it pierces flesh.

10. Robotninja

Robotninja Well worn.

I'm thinking draining from inanimate objects is the least efficient of my draining methods. But it is enough to get a tiny amount of energy from large amounts of worked objects that have purpose to them. It gets that energy by degrading/destroying them.