1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Devils + Vampire (Post-DMC 5 X Rosario + Vampire Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by LinkOnScepter, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

I really don't see Vergil and Moka getting into a fight because Moka's almost entirely reactive and Vergil has no reason to start a fight with a teenager. Unless you went full anime and had him accidentally grope her.

Master of Tech and LinkOnScepter like this.
  2. LinkOnScepter

LinkOnScepter Versed in the lewd.

I did not. But I would like to remind you that, as of noew Vergil is basically holding the Rosary, something Moka sees as important, in his hand.

He didn't really ask for that.

3. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

Is he refusing to give it back? Tsukune was in the same situation when he took it off.

LinkOnScepter and Master of Tech like this.
  4. LinkOnScepter

Yeah. But unlike Tsukune, Vergil's looking deeper into and isn't just going to give it up because she tells/asks him too.

He's mellowed but he's still Vergil. He's not a totally nice person. Especially if he finds something he considers important.

5. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

Dante's likely to side with Moka then. And they were just starting to get along, too.

LinkOnScepter and Master of Tech like this.
  6. LinkOnScepter

Don't be too sure. Vergil has a good reason to do this.

One that he will share with Dante.

7. Savanna

Savanna Versed in the lewd.

He would be definitely be curious about what why her hair turns sliver when that Rosario is removed

8. TheDarkGenious

TheDarkGenious Must Consume Content; Alleviate Boredom

Vergil's gonna see the parallel of basically splitting Moka's vampire self and the human persona and either split them properly or try to have them merge and become a complete being instead of being 2 sides of a person-shaped coin.

It's not quite a 1 to 1 because where V and Urizen were literally halves of Vergil, outer Moka is, iirc, a sort of construct based on the soul of her mother, but I doubt that'll stop Vergil if he gets the idea into his head to "help" resolve the current, admittedly tenous, situation.

9. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

Not being 1 to 1 doesn't cover it because the situation isn't even comparable. It's a possession, plain and simple. Outer Moka is an entirely different being than Inner Moka who is taking control through the use of a magic rosary. It would be more accurate to say that the rosary IS Outer Moka's real body.

10. pingas plight

pingas plight Not too sore, are you?

Oml Dante is the sexy assistant.

11. LinkOnScepter

....damn.

Sorry it's been so long. But, know that this story is not dead. I am planning to get at least 3 chapters in before I move to another one of my in progress works. Hopefully the next will be in by next week.

Kuro-chan, meloa789, Savanna and 6 others like this.
  12. Extras: Chapter 9.1
    LinkOnScepter

"I have agreed to no such thing," Vergil looked up from his book to yell after Dante. But his younger brother was already walking off, Saizo digging his heels into the ground as he tried to get away. Dante merely waved without looking back at Vergil. Then he and Saizo disappeared into the distance.

Tsukune and Vergil watched them go. Tsukune with confusion and awe on his face, Vergil with annoyance.

Then they both became aware of footsteps heading their way. They turned around to see Moka rushing their way.

Vergil felt his annoyance grow as the vampire girl threw her arms around Tsukune in a form of greeting. She spoke in her normal, kind tone of voice, "Morning, Tsukune! If we don't hurry, we're gonna be late."

With a scoff, Vergil elected to walk a few paces ahead of the two. He would stay close enough to hear the two, but otherwise would try to ignore them. He had not agreed to watch the two while Dante was gone. Thus he wouldn't go out of his way to keep them in sight. Mentally adding this to his list of grievances against Dante, he began to focus his attention on the book in his hand. He had managed to reach a chapter discussing the possible uses of sealing magic.

"Uawww," Tsukune couldn't hide the uncertainty in his face as he stepped away from Moka.

Moka hummed while staring at Tsukune, not hiding the curiosity in her eyes. Her gaze fell onto the letter in Tsukune's hand. She leaned over his shoulder to get a closer look, "What's that? Is it a letter to someone?"

Vergil hummed as a particular passage caught his interest. The book detailed how sealing magic could, in theory, be used to seal away more than simply a Yokai's strength. Other possible uses included sealing away memories, body parts, even someone's personality could be locked away. However, the book stressed that such things could only be done by someone skilled in the art of sealing magic. And those were few and far between. Even among Yokai. And everything it stated was merely theoretical.

Vergil committed the knowledge to memory anyway. He wasn't sure how this world's magic would affect him and Dante. The last thing they needed was for someone to seal them away. While he doubted it would hold them forever, it would increase the amount of time they spent in this world by months at the least.

He was briefly brought from his musings by a loud gasp from the vampire. He frowned as she spoke with surprise and worry in her voice, "A withdrawal notice!? Why...is something wrong, Tsukune?"

Tsukune turned away from Moka to look at the dusty earth beneath his feet. A nervous chuckle left his mouth as he spoke, "It's...I...I can't help it, Moka! This school is just too scary for me! I'm thinking of leaving and going to a human school."

Vergil clicked his tongue at the boy's foolish statement. He should be thankful that the vampire likely misconstrued his words. Otherwise she'd have figured out what he actually was.

As if to confirm his thoughts, Moka shouted to Tsukune, "No way. You can't go off to some human school. I hate those humans!"

"...Huh!?" Tsukune sounded schocked by Moka's words. Vergil kept walking, starting to get further away from the two. They had made it halfway to the school gate by this point, and Vergil had already decided to leave the two behind. They had made it to school. They should be safe enough that Dante couldn't complain if he left them behind. He caught Moka speaking of her time at a human middle school where they insulted her for saying she was a monster. After that, he got far enough away that he couldn't hear them anymore.

At least when they were speaking at a normal volume.

But he could still hear the human boy when he yelled, "I am a human! Through some kind of mistake I ended up being let into this school, but I'm different from you!"

Vergil had to resist the urge to drag his free hand across his face. He knew the boy was stupid, but this exceeded all of his original expectations. No matter how much he may like that girl, yelling that he's a human at a school for Yokai is asking for death. He should be glad that they took so long getting to school that most of the student body are in the building already. Otherwise, he would've been torn limb from limb...or Vergil would've had to intervene. If only to stop Dante from making a fuss over the death of his student.

He heard more shouting but put it out of his mind. He was ten paces away from the entrance to the school. That's all he needed to focus on. That and his book. Just a bit more and he'd be back in-

"Vergil-sensei!" he felt someone slam into his back. He hardly moved while they fell backwards into the dirt, "Ah! Ow!"

Knowing it was the vampire, he stopped walking but didn't turn to look at her, "What is it?"

Moka quickly got to her feet and ran to Vergil's front. Her eyes were wide with panic as she spoke, "I need your help! Tsukune he...he just ran off towards the school gate!"

"Yes....and?" Vergil didn't sound the least bit interested.

"We-we need to go after him! We need to stop him from-"

"Why? Isn't he one of those humans you said you hated?" the vampire flinched at Vergil's cold tone. He didn't bother looking at her as he started walking towards the school again, "If he is leaving, then all the better for everyone involved. He isn't in danger of dying, while you and your fellow monsters can rest easy knowing he's gone."

Caught off guard by Vergil's blatant dismissal, Moka took a moment to get her breath back. When she did, she was quick to yell after Vergil, "But-but-you-you're one of the staff! Shouldn't you stop him!?"

"I am a Librarian. Not a teacher. It is not my place to ensure a student who does not want to be here remains," he was seven paces from the school now.

"But what if he really does leave?"

"What would be the harm in that?"

"Then he'll go to a human school!"

"I still fail to see the problem."

"But if that happens then...then...I won't ever see him again!"

Vergil stopped three steps away from the school's threshold. He didn't turn to look at Moka as he spoke, "Then was what you said before not true? Do you not truly hate humans?"

Moka, surprised that he actually stopped to listen to her, took a moment to realize what he said. When his words registered she found her original worry replaced by uncertainty. She started to fidget in place while looking at the ground, both of her hands curled into fist in front of her chest. Her voice trembled as she spoke, "That's....I....I mean....I don't know."

"Is it just him then? Are you willing to make an exception for that boy?"

The thought of Tsukune gave Moka a little courage. She looked up and nodded her head, "I...yes. Yes, I am."

"Why?"

"Because...because he was the first person to accept me for who I am. Not what I am or what people think I am. At the human school, everyone made fun of me for being a monster. Everyone hated me and treated me like I was delusional. I thought coming to Yokai Academy would change things. And while I certainly feel more welcome here...it hasn't exactly been what I thought it would be."

She bit her lip as she gathered her thoughts. Vergil stood patiently awaiting her next words. Her tone grew steadier as she spoke, "When I tell the other students that I'm a vampire...they all start treating me differently. Boys want to go out with me, girls flock around me and give me gifts, everyone treats me like I'm someone really special. I know I should feel grateful for the attention, but I can't help but feel like nothing's changed. Everyone's still treating me differently. No one's accepted me for me...except for Tsukune."

Moka placed a hand over her heart as she continued, "When I told him I was a vampire, he didn't run away. At first, I thought it was because he was a Yokai with a kind heart. But now, knowing he's human...it actually makes me happier. He knew I was a monster. Someone who feeds on human blood...but he didn't run away. He only ran away when I said I hated humans. He was willing to be my friend despite what I am. So, that's why...that's why I want to keep going to this school with him. So, please help me, Vergil-sensei!"

Moka performed a full body bow to Vergil's back. Vergil remained silent for a few moments. Then he spoke once again, "You must know that, should he continue going to this Academy, his life will be in danger?"

Moke looked up at Vergil's back. When he felt her staring at him, he continued, "This is a school for Yokai. Many of these Yokai are known to kill and eat humans. Sometimes for sport. That Saizo student that my brother dragged away is but one of the aggressive kind. There will be more. Some that aren't as obvious as he was. Even if they don't learn that he is a human, Saizo has proven that students are willing to attack each other and staff to get what they want. If Tsukune stays here, there is a high chance that he will die."

"But you and Dante-sensei-"

"I am not that boy's guardian. And my brother will not always be there to protect him. Knowing that, would you still ask for him to stay? If so, then what will you do to ensure his survival?"

Moka went silent. She was at a loss for words. If Tsukune died because she wanted him to stay, could she bare knowing that? That she was the reason he had lost his life? Her mind raced with worry, panic beginning to set in. How was she supposed to answer Vergil? What could she say to him? How could she keep Tsukune from-

"I'll protect him."

She was stunned even as she said the words. Yet she continued to speak, "I-I-I can't fight. But I'm a vampire. I'm really strong. And-And while I don't like to hurt people...I don't want to let Tsukune get hurt. Not if I can do anything about it!

"And if your strength turns out to not be enough?"

"Then I'll get stronger! However I can! If it means keeping Tsukune safe, then I'll get strong enough to protect him from everything. So...so...please, Vergil-sensei!" Moka went back to bowing, closing her eyes as she awaited Vergil's answer.

Vergil was silent for two minutes. Then he closed his book in a single motion, "Passable. Foolish. But passable. I shall assist you."

"Really?!" quick as a flash Moka straightened herself up. Her eyes snapped open to see Vergil turning around to face her. She ran forward to hug him, "Thank you so much, Vergil-se-"

Vergil stopped her by putting his hand on her face. She backed up while holding her stinging nose. Vergil stared at her with indifference, "Do not touch me without my permission. Now I suggest you follow close behind. We must catch him before he reaches the bus to the human world."

Orders given, Vergil wasted no time fast walking in the direction Tsukune went. It was easy enough to follow the boy. He had done little to disguise the footprints he left behind. Moka, still massaging her nose, followed Vergil while yelling for him to wait for her.

Just got this done tonight. Have it to prove I'm still in this.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  13. ogami-kun

ogami-kun Tenno

Thank you for the chapter

14. LinkOnScepter

Not a Chapter. A Sub-Chapter. The full Chapter will have more to it, but include the above.

This is essentially just a taste of what I've got in mind.

15. Reven

Reven Versed in the lewd.

Um I hate to point this out but those were changed by Vergil then destroyed by the crew.

[​IMG]

This is what became of Artemis.

Gilgamesh was that giant thing V and Nero fought.

[​IMG]

There not exactly useable. But it does give credence that enough blood orbs can allow a devil arm to take it's Demon form once more.

16. Laxard

Laxard I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wonder if Vergil liked that she wants to protect someone or that she wants power.

17. LinkOnScepter

I always figured those were just regular demons that Vergil grabbed and grafted Trish and Lady into. Not the weapons themselves. That's at least how I'm operating in terms of this Fanfic.

A bit of both.

Master of Tech likes this.
  18. Reven

Reven Versed in the lewd.

Yeah as I understand it Trish was using Artemis

Then Urizen uses the defeated Lady as a host for the Devil Arm Artemis, allowing it to grow a fully-functional body for itself, with Lady acting as its core.

As for Gilgamesh did a bit more research and it seems I was wrong.

Gilgamesh the Devil arm might still be around

Turns out Gilgamesh is a Special type of Symbiotic Metal that can be mined from the underworld.

The one fought in DMC 5 was some of the Roots of the tree mixed with that metal.

Now that metal could have come from the Devil arm but not necessarily.

19. Master of Tech

Master of Tech FACE THE SIN. SAVE THE E.G.O

At least it's not about not paying child support or tax evasion.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    Savanna, Nickballas and LinkOnScepter like this.
  20. Extras: Chapter 9.2
    LinkOnScepter

Tsukune stood at the bus stop with his bags in his hands. He didn't even bother with the withdrawal notice. He just ran to his dorm room, got his things, then headed towards the bus stop. His fear of the school had come in handy, as he hadn't bothered to unpack any of the bags he brought with him. Made it easy to simply grab them and rush his way towards the bus stop.

This was it. He was going to wait for the bus, get on it, head home, then get his parents to put into a normal school. He didn't belong here and would be much happier somewhere else. Somewhere that didn't have students that wanted to kill him at it. It would be fine.

Yet, even as his mind kept telling him that, he found himself turning his eyes back towards the Academy. An image of Moka flashed across his face. The pain in her eyes when he had run off. The way she shied away from him when he said he was human. What she had told him on the roof about her rosary.

...He would be better off leaving...right?

He shook his head and turned back towards the dark tunnel that would lead him home. He leaned forward, frowning down the tunnel. The bus should've been here by now. What was taking it so long? It's not like there was another bus stop anywhere near here. Unless that bus driver was hiding something from-

"Tsukune!" the human boy nearly jumped out of his skin. He turned towards the school to see Moka rushing towards him. One of her hands was held up as she ran, an expression of panic on her face. Behind her, Vergil was walking at a leisurely pace with a bored expression on his face. He ran a hand through his hair when an errant breeze blew a lock out of place.

"M-M-Moka-san?" Tsukune unconsciously stepped towards the vampire as she ran towards him. He moved forward, mouth gaping as he watched the pink haired girl close the distance between them. Then he noticed that she wasn't stopping even when she was ten paces away from him. His eyes went wide and he threw his hands up, "Waitwaitwaitwai-"

His words went unheeded as Moka tackled him to the ground. He felt the wind get knocked out of him as he experienced the vampire's physical power. The two hit the ground in a heap, Tsukune losing his grip on his luggage and it hitting the dusty earth along with him. He saw stars for a moment, before his breathing was suddenly cut off as Moka hugged him close to her chest.

"Don't go!" she shouted, while pressing the human closer, "I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it. I...I don't want you to go! Please stay Tsukune!"

"Hmmmmmppphhh!" was his muffled reply. His arms flailed around as he struggled to breathe around Moka's strength and assets. She didn't seem to notice and increased her grip on the boy. Tsukune's flailing got worse but he had no way to get out of the vampire's grasp.

He was saved by Vergil grabbing the vampire by her shirt collar. The Son Of Sparda carried Moka in one hand, holding her like one would a small dog with little difficulty. Tsukune gulped down lungfuls of sweet air, while Vergil stared disapprovingly at Moka. The Son Of Sparda spoke in an unamused tone of voice, "Be wary of your own strength. You do not wish to crush the boy, do you?"

"N-no," Moka said while pressing her fingers together, "Sorry, Vergil-sensei. Yo-You can let me down now. Please?"

Vergil unceremoniously let the vampire drop. A cute squeak left her mouth as she hit the ground. She got to her feet while dusting off her skirt and legs. Vergil turned to the still gasping Tsukune. His tone didn't change even as he addressed the human, "She wishes to speak with you, boy. I'd suggest you listen."

"Wha-what?" Tsukune got to his feet as he glanced between Moka and Vergil. He eventually settled them onto Moka. Her cute face and bubbly expression made him flinch. He turned away from her, frowing as he spoke, "What more is there to say? I'm a human, remember? She wants nothing to do with me."

A hurt expression came over Moka's face. She turned to Vergil but found no help there. The Son Of Sparda merely rolled his eyes before waving towards the human boy. Gathering her courage Moka straightened herself up. Then she bowed deeply to Tsukune, "I'm sorry! I...I think about what I said. Tsukune you...I...I don't hate you. I can't bring myself to hate you. Even if you are human."

"Why?" Tsukune didn't sound upset, but truly curious as to her answer.

"Because...because you didn't run away," Moka straightened up to look Tsukune in the eyes, "You didn't run away when I told you I was a vampire. You didn't care about that. You just...you just wanted to be my friend. And I...I want to be your friend too. Even if I'm a vampire, and you're human. I...I want it to work between us. Because I've never...I've never really had a friend before and you...you..."

"She wishes to become your companion," Vergil cut in when it was clear Moka was going to make this far harder than it needed to be. Both of the high schoolers went silent as he stepped forward. He waved a hand at Tsukune, "You believe the same, do you not? You have told Dante and I multiple times that being this girl's friend is enough to keep you in a Yokai infested Academy. While that is not nearly sufficient enough in my eyes, I will not stop you from making that decision. And if this vampire wishes the same, then why not reciprocate?"

Caught off guard by Vergil's sudden interruption, Tsukune was temporarily stunned. He blinked twice as he stared in confusion at the Librarian, "Vergil-sensei. But...I thought you didn't care-"

"I do not," Vergil pointed a finger towards Moka, "But she has shown that she has the will and resolve to protect you while you are here. Or at least the start of it."

Tsukune felt a combination of surprise and gratefulness fill his heart. He slowly turned to look at Moka. She turned her eyes away while kicking at the ground, cheeks red in embarrassment. Feeling his own face getting hotter, Tsukune turned back to Vergil, "She...she said she would...protect me?"

"And I see that as enough reason to help her convince you. Of course, another question remains: What will you do?"

"Huh?"

"If you choose to stay at this Academy, do you plan to allow this vampire to defend you forever? Do you believe that she can overcome every obstacle that will come your way? Are you willing to sit back and be protected while she faces danger after danger?"

"N-N-No! I don't want to see her hurt," Tsukune bit his lip, "But...but I can't fight. I'm just-"

"Then do as she has said she would. Gain power," Vergil lifted his hand up, palm first, then started curling it into a fist, "Consider your options. Discover the best way to improve yourself. Then take it. Get stronger. Obtain the power you need. For power is-"

Vergil stopped.

In an instant he remembered what happened during the times he followed through that statement. Every time he gave up everything for the pursuit of power.

He defeated Dante in their first battle...then lost in their third.

He lost to Mundus and was forced to become a servant to that Demon.

He managed to survive, stole his son's arm, then used the Yamato to split his two halves apart. His demonic half became truly powerful, even managing to defeat Dante yet again...but even after he devoured the Qliphoth Fruit, he still lost to Dante.

It was only after he accepted his human side that he managed to match him. And even then he still lost to his son.

All his plans were foiled time and time again. He lost to his supposedly weaker brother time and time again. And, at the end, was pursuing power at all cost truly what gave him the strength he had now?

No...it was acceptance.

Acceptance of his once thought weak human half.

In the present, Vergil let his hand fall to his side. He remained silent long enough that Tsukune and Moka started getting worried. He briefly hummed as he thought of what to say to the boy. Eventually, he spoke with uncertainty in his voice, "Power...is not everything. Simply seeking it...will not bring you happiness or fulfillment. Do not seek power for its own sake. Down that path lies little but ruin. Seek power to defend those you care for."

"Vergil-sensei," Tsukune reached out a hand to grab Vergil's shoulder. But Vergil stepped away from him and turned his back. Tsukune pulled his hand back then frowned. He thought about the Librarian's words for a moment. Then he closed his eyes and nodded, "Alright. OK. Thank you, Vergil-sensei. I'll...I'll be sure to get stronger. For Moka-san's sake."

"You mean...you're going to stay?!" Moka said, hoping beyond hope that it was true. When Tsukune nodded she surged forward and pulled him into another bone crushing hug, "Yaaaayyy!~ Tsukune!~ Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Y-Y-You're wel-come-Moka-san," Tsukune managed through the vampire's crushing embrace.

Vergil shook his head while keeping his back turned to the students. Dante was starting to rub off on him. He sighed before taking his book back out and holding it in his left hand. Perhaps now he could read in peace. He opened it to the last page he was on and continued to read. The text continued detailing the theory of how sealing magic could be used on things other than powers. It discussed how, even if the user was skilled at sealing magic, sealing requires an object to act the primary "Lock" alongside a "Key" for what has been sealed. Any object will do, but ones considered "holy" or "supernatural" work best. This includes prayer beads, paper talismans, rosaries, pendants and-

Vergil paused on that last sentence. He went back to how it mentioned rosaries. Images of the rosaries across the Headmaster's body flashed through his mind...then he remembered who else has a rosary on their person.

"Thanks for helping me, Vergil-sensei," Moka said with a bow. The rosary on her chest shook as she stood up. Tsukune was standing on her right, rising from his own bow. The two began to walk passed Vergil's right side, "We'll be heading back to class now. We'll see you later."

"Hold," Vergil reached out and grabbed Moka's rosary. The vampire gasped as the Son Of Sparda pulled her over to him. He lifted the rosary up while putting his book away, "I must examine this."

"Aaahh! Vergil-sensei, what are you doing?" Moka said while trying to pry Vergil's hand off her rosary, "Please don't touch that! It's important to me."

But Vergil didn't listen. He kept his eyes focused on the object in his palm. With a thought he fed some of his own demonic power into the object. It seemed to spark for a moment but nothing else occurred. He grunted, "Hmm. Perhaps it requires a specific key? What could that be?"

"Le-L-Let her go!" Tsukune appeared at Vergil's side and grabbed the older's man's wrists. He tried to pull Vergil away but accomplished little save for making his own arms hurt. Moka, seeing Tsukune try to help her, redoubled her efforts to no avail. The situation was almost comical, in a way. Two high schoolers, one a pink haired vampire girl, and the other a normal human boy, failing as they attempted to pull an older man's hand off a rosary.

Seeing that the rosary wasn't going to be removed easily, Vergil let the object go...just as Tsukune put his right hand on top of Vergil's. When Vergil moved his hand away, Tsukune's fell onto the rosary.

It came off with the sound of a latch being unlocked.

Instantly, the immediate area around Moka exploded into a huge pillar of energy. Bats appeared from no where, while birds took the skies in a panic. Moka's body floated in the pillar as her hair shot straight up towards the sky. It quickly changed color from pink to white as power surged through her form. Tsukune fell onto his backside, eyes wide as dinner plates as he watched Moka transform.

Vergil paid it no mind.

He immediately grabbed the rosary while it was mid-fall. Then he turned his back on the transforming Moka and began to examine the object. His brows furrowed as he started feeding demonic energy into the rosary. This time he received some feedback. It wasn't much. Just bits and pieces of what the seal on the object was like. But he could tell that something was different about it. That this was no normal seal.

"M-M-Moka-san?" Tsukune said, eyes watching as Moka landed on her feet. She had on hand on her hip, while her now red eyes stared examined her surroundings. They temporarily landed on Tsukune, making his heart skip a beat as he locked eyes with her. He briefly felt like a fly standing before a hungry spider. Unable to move as his body locked up in fear.

Then Moka turned away and he returned to normal. He asked himself if this was really Moka-san. She felt...different. Stronger. More confident. As if she knew she was the strongest person in the room just by virtue of being herself.

"Hey, you," she pointed a finger at Vergil's back, "I don't know what the big idea is, but I'd suggest you give that back. Right now."

Vergil didn't even bother turning around. He kept his eyes firmly on the rosary.

Moka scowled, "Hey, I'm talking to you."

He didn't turn around.

A cocky chuckle escaped Moka's lips, "You must think you're pretty strong. Turning your back on a vampire who's speaking directly to you."

Still no response.

"Look, just give me back the rosary, and I'll let everything go. We can forget this ever happened."

No response.

Moka grit her teeth, "Fine then. Have it your way!"

In an instant, Moka kicked off the ground and launched herself at Vergil. Yokai power surged into her leg as she aimed it directly at the side of Vergil's head. Tsukune felt the earth shake as she attacked, the power of a vampire making him shiver in fear. Moka's blow flew towards Vergil at speeds that made her leg look invisible to Tsukune.

Vergil raised his left arm up to block.

And the attack instantly stopped.

There was no shockwave.

There was no rustling of Vergil's clothes.

He didn't even look at Moka to block the attack.

He just stopped it.

Moka and Tsukune stared in disbelief at what just occurred.

It was at this point that Dante finally returned.

Another sub-chapter, because I'm not done yet.

As stated, we have Moka's Humbling to go through, then the two getting mad at the Headmaster.

21. Nickballas

Nickballas I wish I had more Pride.

And that's the day Inner Moka learned that she was just a normal fish in a tiny pond.

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 9: The Vampire Awakens: Vergil's Side
    LinkOnScepter

"I have agreed to no such thing," Vergil looked up from his book to yell after Dante. But his younger brother was already walking off, Saizo digging his heels into the ground as he tried to get away. Dante merely waved without looking back at Vergil. Then he and Saizo disappeared into the distance.

Tsukune and Vergil watched them go. Tsukune with confusion and awe on his face, Vergil with annoyance.

Then they both became aware of footsteps heading their way. They turned around to see Moka rushing their way.

Vergil felt his annoyance grow as the vampire girl threw her arms around Tsukune in a form of greeting. She spoke in her normal, kind tone of voice, "Morning, Tsukune! If we don't hurry, we're gonna be late."

With a scoff, Vergil elected to walk a few paces ahead of the two. He would stay close enough to hear the two, but otherwise would try to ignore them. He had not agreed to watch the two while Dante was gone. Thus he wouldn't go out of his way to keep them in sight. Mentally adding this to his list of grievances against Dante, he began to focus his attention on the book in his hand. He had managed to reach a chapter discussing the possible uses of sealing magic.

"Uawww," Tsukune couldn't hide the uncertainty in his face as he stepped away from Moka.

Moka hummed while staring at Tsukune, not hiding the curiosity in her eyes. Her gaze fell onto the letter in Tsukune's hand. She leaned over his shoulder to get a closer look, "What's that? Is it a letter to someone?"

Vergil hummed as a particular passage caught his interest. The book detailed how sealing magic could, in theory, be used to seal away more than simply a Yokai's strength. Other possible uses included sealing away memories, body parts, even someone's personality could be locked away. However, the book stressed that such things could only be done by someone skilled in the art of sealing magic. And those were few and far between. Even among Yokai. And everything it stated was merely theoretical.

Vergil committed the knowledge to memory anyway. He wasn't sure how this world's magic would affect him and Dante. The last thing they needed was for someone to seal them away. While he doubted it would hold them forever, it would increase the amount of time they spent in this world by months at the least.

He was briefly brought from his musings by the loud gasp from the vampire. He frowned as she spoke with surprise and worry in her voice, "A withdrawal notice!? Why...is something wrong, Tsukune?"

Tsukune turned away from Moka to look at the dusty earth beneath his feet. A nervous chuckle left his mouth as he spoke, "It's...I...I can't help it, Moka! This school is just too scary for me! I'm thinking of leaving and going to a human school."

Vergil clicked his tongue at the boy's foolish statement. He should be thankful that the vampire likely misconstrued his words. Otherwise she'd have figured out what he actually was.

As if to confirm his thoughts, Moka shouted to Tsukune, "No way. You can't go off to some human school. I hate those humans!"

"...Huh!?" Tsukune sounded schocked by Moka's words. Vergil kept walking, starting to get further away from the two. They had made it halfway to the school gate by this point, and Vergil had already decided to leave the two behind. They had made it to school. They should be safe enough that Dante couldn't complain if he left them behind. He caught Moka speaking of her time at a human middle school where they insulted her for saying she was a monster. After that, he got far enough away that he couldn't hear them anymore.

At least their normal volume.

But he could still hear the human boy's yell, "I am a human! Through some kind of mistake I ended up being let into this school, but I'm different from you!"

Vergil had to resist the urge to drag his free hand across his face. He knew the boy was stupid, but this exceeded all of his original expectations. No matter how much he may like that girl, yelling that he's a human at a school for Yokai is asking for death. He should be glad that they took so long getting to school that most of the student body are in the building already. Otherwise, he would've been torn limb from limb...or Vergil would've had to intervene. If only to stop Dante from making a fuss over the death of his student.

He heard more shouting but put it out of his mind. He was ten paces away from the entrance to the school. That's all he needed to focus on. That and his book. Just a bit more and he'd be back in-

"Vergil-sensei!" he felt someone slam into his back. He hardly moved while they fell backwards into the dirt, "Ah! Ow!"

Knowing it was the vampire, he stopped walking but didn't turn to look at her, "What is it?"

Moka quickly got to her feet and ran to Vergil's front. Her eyes were wide with panic as she spoke, "I need your help! Tsukune he...he just ran off towards the school gate!"

"Yes....and?" Vergil didn't sound the least bit interested.

"We-we need to go after him! We need to stop him from-"

"Why? Isn't he one of those humans you said you hated?" the vampire flinched at Vergil's cold tone. He didn't bother looking at her as he started walking towards the school again, "If he is leaving, then all the better for everyone involved. He isn't in danger of dying, while you and your fellow monsters can rest easy knowing he's gone."

Caught off guard by Vergil's blatant dismissal, Moka takes a moment to get her breath back. When she does, she's quick to yell after Vergil, "But-but-you-you're one of the staff! Shouldn't you stop him!?"

"I am a Librarian. Not a teacher. It is not my place to ensure a student who does not want to be her remains," he was seven paces from the school now.

"But what if he really does leave?"

"What would be the harm in that?"

"Then he'll go to a human school!"

"I still fail to see the problem."

"But if that happens then...then...I won't ever see him again!"

Vergil stopped three steps away from the school's threshold. He didn't turn to look at Moka as he spoke, "Then was you said before not true? Do you not truly hate humans?"

Moka, surprised that he actually stopped to listen to her, took a moment to realize what he said. When his words registered she found her original worry replaced by uncertainty. She started to fidget in place while looking at the ground, both of her hands curled into fist in front of her chest. Her voice trembled as she spoke, "That's....I....I mean....I don't know."

"Is it just him then? Are you willing to make an exception for that boy?"

The thought of Tsukune gave Moka a little courage. She looked up and nodded her head, "I...yes. Yes, I am."

"Why?"

"Because...because he was the first to accept me. At the human school, everyone made fun of me for being a monster. Everyone hated me and treated me like I was delusional. I thought coming to Yokai Academy would change things. And while I certainly feel more welcome here...it hasn't exactly been what I thought."

She bit her lip as she gathered her thoughts. Vergil stood patiently awaiting her next words. Her tone grew steadier as she spoke, "When I tell the other students that I'm a vampire...they all start treating me differently. Boys want to go out with me, girls flock around me and give me gifts, everyone treats me like I'm someone really special. I know I should feel grateful for the attention, but I can't help but feel like nothing's changed. Everyone's still treating me differently. No one's accepted me for me...except for Tsukune."

Moka placed a hand over her heart as she continued, "When I told him I was a vampire, he didn't run away. At first, I thought it was because he was a Yokai with a kind heart. But now, knowing he's human...it actually makes me happier. He knew I was a monster. Someone who feeds on human blood...but he didn't run away. He only ran away when I said I hated humans. He was willing to be my friend despite what I am. So, that's why...that's why I want to keep going to this school with him. So, please help me, Vergil-sensei!"

Moka performed a full body bow to Vergil's back. Vergil remained silent for a few moments. Then he spoke once again, "You must know that, should he continue going to this Academy, his life will be in danger?"

Moke looked up at Vergil's back. When he felt her staring at him, he continued, "This is a school for Yokai. Many of these Yokai are known to kill and eat humans. Sometimes for sport. That Saizo student that my brother dragged away is but one of the aggressive kind. There will be more. Some that aren't as obvious as he was. Even if they don't learn that he is a human, Saizo has proven that students are willing to attack each other and staff to get what they want. If Tsukune stays here, there is a high chance that he will die."

"But you and Dante-sensei-"

"I am not that boy's guardian. And my brother will not always be there to protect him. Knowing that, would you still ask for him to stay? If so, then what will you do to ensure his survival?"

Moka went silent. She was at a loss for words. If Tsukune died because she wanted him to stay, could she bare knowing that? That she was the reason he had lost his life? Her mind raced with worry, panic beginning to set in. How was she supposed to answer Vergil? What could she say to him? How could she keep Tsukune from-

"I'll protect him."

She was stunned even as she said the words. Yet she continued to speak, "I-I-I can't fight. But I'm a vampire. I'm really strong. And-And while I don't like to hurt people...I don't want to let Tsukune get hurt. Not if I can do anything about it!

"And if your strength turns out to not be enough?"

"Then I'll get stronger! However I can! If it means keeping Tsukune safe, then I'll get strong enough to protect him from everything. So...so...please help me, Vergil-sensei!" Moka went back to bowing, closing her eyes as she awaited Vergil's answer.

Vergil was silent for two minutes. Then he closed his book in a single motion, "Passable. Foolish. But passable. I shall assist you."

"Really?!" quick as a flash Moka straightened herself up. Her eyes snapped open to see Vergil turning around to face her. She ran forward to hug him, "Thank you so much, Vergil-se-"

Vergil stopped her by putting his hand on her face. She backed up while holding her stinging nose. Vergil stared at her with indifference, "Do not touch me without my permission. Now I suggest you follow close behind. We must catch him before he reaches the bus to the human world."

Orders given, Vergil wasted no time fast walking in the direction Tsukune went. It was easy enough to follow the boy. He had done little to disguise the footprints he left behind. Moka, still massaging her nose, followed Vergil while yelling for him to wait for her.

Tsukune stood at the bus stop with his bags in his hands. He didn't even bother with the withdrawal notice. He just ran to his dorm room, got his things, then headed towards the bus stop. His fear of the school had come in handy, as he hadn't bothered to unpack any of the bags he brought with him. Made it easy to simply grab them and rush his way towards the bus stop.

This was it. He was going to wait for the bus, get on it, head home, then get his parents to put into a normal school. He didn't belong here and would be much happier somewhere else. Somewhere that didn't have students that wanted to kill him at it. It would be fine.

Yet, even as his mind kept telling him that, he found himself turning his eyes back towards the Academy. An image of Moka flashed across his face. The pain in her eyes when he had run off. The way she shied away from him when he said he was human. What she had told him on the roof about her rosary.

...He would be better off leaving...right?

He shook his head and turned back towards the dark tunnel that would lead him home. He leaned forward, frowning down the tunnel. The bus should've been here by now. What was taking it so long? It's not like there was another bus stop anywhere near here. Unless that bus driver was hiding something from-

"Tsukune!" the human boy nearly jumped out of his skin. He turned towards the school to see Moka rushing towards him. One of her hands was held up as she ran, an expression of panic on her face. Behind her, Vergil was walking at a leisurely pace with a bored expression on his face. He ran a hand through his hair when an errant breeze blew a lock out of place.

"M-M-Moka-san?" Tsukune unconsciously stepped towards the vampire as she ran towards him. He moved forward, mouth gaping as he watched the pink haired girl close the distance between them. Then he noticed that she wasn't stopping even when she was ten paces away from him. His eyes went wide and he threw his hands up, "Waitwaitwaitwai-"

His words went unheeded as Moka tackled him to the ground. He felt the wind get knocked out of him as he experienced the vampire's physical power. The two hit the ground in a heap, Tsukune losing his grip on his luggage and it hitting the dusty earth along with him. He saw stars for a moment, before his breathing was suddenly cut off as Moka hugged him close to her chest.

"Don't go!" she shouted, while pressing the human closer, "I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it. I...I don't want you to go! Please stay Tsukune!"

"Hmmmmmppphhh!" was his muffled reply. His arms flailed around as he struggled to breathe around Moka's strength and assets. She didn't seem to notice and increased her grip on the boy. Tsukune's flailing got worse but he had no way to get out of the vampire's grasp.

He was saved by Vergil grabbing the vampire by her shirt collar. The Son Of Sparda carried Moka in one hand, holding her like one would a small dog with little difficulty. Tsukune gulped down lungfuls of sweet air, while Vergil stared disapprovingly at Moka. The Son Of Sparda spoke in an unamused tone of voice, "Be wary of your own strength. You do not wish to crush the boy, do you?"

"N-no," Moka said while pressing her fingers together, "Sorry, Vergil-sensei. Yo-You can let me down now. Please?"

Vergil unceremoniously let the vampire drop. A cute squeak left her mouth as she hit the ground. She got to her feet while dusting off her skirt and legs. Vergil turned to the still gasping Tsukune. His tone didn't change even as he addressed the human, "She wishes to speak with you, boy. I'd suggest you listen."

"Wha-what?" Tsukune got to his feet as he glanced between Moka and Vergil. He eventually settled them onto Moka. Her cute face and bubbly expression made him flinch. He turned away from her, frowing as he spoke, "What more is there to say? I'm a human, remember? She wants nothing to do with me."

A hurt expression came over Moka's face. She turned to Vergil but found no help there. The Son Of Sparda merely rolled his eyes before waving towards the human boy. Gathering her courage Moka straightened herself up. Then she bowed deeply to Tsukune, "I'm sorry! I...I think about what I said. Tsukune you...I...I don't hate you. I can't bring myself to hate you. Even if you are human."

"Why?" Tsukune didn't sound upset, but truly curious as to her answer.

"Because...because you didn't run away," Moka straightened up to look Tsukune in the eyes, "You didn't run away when I told you I was a vampire. You didn't care about that. You just...you just wanted to be my friend. And I...I want to be your friend too. Even if I'm a vampire, and you're human. I...I want it to work between us. Because I've never...I've never really had a friend before and you...you..."

"She wishes to become your companion," Vergil cut in when it was clear Moka was going to make this far harder than it needed to be. Both of the high schoolers went silent as he stepped forward. He waved a hand at Tsukune, "You believe the same, do you not? You have told Dante and I multiple times that being this girl's friend is enough to keep you in a Yokai infested Academy. While that is not nearly sufficient enough in my eyes, I will not stop you from making that decision. And if this vampire wishes the same, then why not reciprocate?"

Caught off guard by Vergil's sudden interruption, Tsukune was temporarily stunned. He blinked twice as he stared in confusion at the Librarian, "Vergil-sensei. But...I thought you didn't care-"

"I do not," Vergil pointed a finger towards Moka, "But she has shown that she has the will and resolve to protect you while you are here. Or at least the start of it."

Tsukune felt a combination of surprise and gratefulness fill his heart. He slowly turned to look at Moka. She turned her eyes away while kicking at the ground, cheeks red in embarrassment. Feeling his own face getting hotter, Tsukune turned back to Vergil, "She...she said she would...protect me?"

"And I see that as enough reason to help her convince you. Of course, another question remains: What will you do?"

"Huh?"

"If you choose to stay at this Academy, do you plan to allow this vampire to defend you forever? Do you believe that she can overcome every obstacle that will come your way? Are you willing to sit back and be protected while she faces danger after danger?"

"N-N-No! I don't want to see her hurt," Tsukune bit his lip, "But...but I can't fight. I'm just-"

"Then do as she has said she would. Gain power," Vergil lifted his hand up, palm first, then started curling it into a fist, "Consider your options. Discover the best way to improve yourself. Then take it. Get stronger. Obtain the power you need. For power is-"

Vergil stopped.

In an instant he remembered what happened during the times he followed through that statement. Every time he gave up everything for the pursuit of power.

He defeated Dante in their first battle...then lost in their third.

He lost to Mundus and was forced to become a servant to that Demon.

He managed to survive, stole his son's arm, then used the Yamato to split his two halves apart. His demonic half became truly powerful, even managing to defeat Dante yet again...but even after he devoured the Qliphoth Fruit, he still lost to Dante.

It was only after he accepted his human side that he managed to match him. And even then he still lost to his son.

All his plans were foiled time and time again. He lost to his supposedly weaker brother time and time again. And, at the end, was pursuing power at all cost truly what gave him the strength he had now?

No...it was acceptance.

Acceptance of his once thought weak human half.

In the present, Vergil let his hand fall to his side. He remained silent long enough that Tsukune and Moka started getting worried. He briefly hummed as he thought of what to say to the boy. Eventually, he spoke with uncertainty in his voice, "Power...is not everything. Simply seeking it...will not bring you happiness or fulfillment. Do not seek power for its own sake. Down that path lies little but ruin. Seek power to defend those you care for."

"Vergil-sensei," Tsukune reached out a hand to grab Vergil's shoulder. But Vergil stepped away from him and turned his back. Tsukune pulled his hand back then frowned. He thought about the Librarian's words for a moment. Then he closed his eyes and nodded, "Alright. OK. Thank you, Vergil-sensei. I'll...I'll be sure to get stronger. For Moka-san's sake."

"You mean...you're going to stay?!" Moka said, hoping beyond hope that it was true. When Tsukune nodded she surged forward and pulled him into another bone crushing hug, "Yaaaayyy!~ Tsukune!~ Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Y-Y-You're wel-come-Moka-san," Tsukune managed through the vampire's crushing embrace.

Vergil shook his head while keeping his back turned to the students. Dante was starting to rub off on him. He sighed before taking his book back out and holding it in his left hand. Perhaps now he could read in peace. He opened it to the last page he was on and continued to read. The text continued detailing the theory of how sealing magic could be used on things other than powers. It discussed how, even if the user was skilled at sealing magic, sealing requires an object to act the primary "Lock" alongside a "Key" for what has been sealed. Any object will do, but ones considered "holy" or "supernatural" work best. This includes prayer beads, paper talismans, rosaries, pendants and-

Vergil paused on that last sentence. He went back to how it mentioned rosaries. Images of the rosaries across the Headmaster's body flashed through his mind...then he remembered who else has a rosary on their person.

"Thanks for helping me, Vergil-sensei," Moka said with a bow. The rosary on her chest shook as she stood up. Tsukune was standing on her right, rising from his own bow. The two began to walk passed Vergil's right side, "We'll be heading back to class now. We'll see you later."

"Hold," Vergil reached out and grabbed Moka's rosary. The vampire gasped as the Son Of Sparda pulled her over to him. He lifted the rosary up while putting his book away, "I must examine this."

"Aaahh! Vergil-sensei, what are you doing?" Moka said while trying to pry Vergil's hand off her rosary, "Please don't touch that! It's important to me."

But Vergil didn't listen. He kept his eyes focused on the object in his palm. With a thought he fed some of his own demonic power into the object. It seemed to spark for a moment but nothing else occurred. He grunted, "Hmm. Perhaps it requires a specific key? What could that be?"

"Le-L-Let her go!" Tsukune appeared at Vergil's side and grabbed the older's man's wrists. He tried to pull Vergil away but accomplished little save for making his own arms hurt. Moka, seeing Tsukune try to help her, redoubled her efforts to no avail. The situation was almost comical, in a way. Two high schoolers, one a pink haired vampire girl, and the other a normal human boy, failing as they attempted to pull an older man's hand off a rosary.

Seeing that the rosary wasn't going to be removed easily, Vergil let the object go...just as Tsukune put his right hand on top of Vergil's. When Vergil moved his hand away, Tsukune's fell onto the rosary.

It came off with the sound of a latch being unlocked.

Instantly, the immediate area around Moka exploded into a huge pillar of energy. Bats appeared from no where, while birds took the skies in a panic. Moka's body floated in the pillar as her hair shot straight up towards the sky. It quickly changed color from pink to silver as power surged through her form. Tsukune fell onto his backside, eyes wide as dinner plates as he watched Moka transform.

Vergil paid it no mind.

He immediately grabbed the rosary while it was mid-fall. Then he turned his back on the transforming Moka and began to examine the object. His brows furrowed as he started feeding demonic energy into the rosary. This time he received some feedback. It wasn't much. Just bits and pieces of what the seal on the object was like. But he could tell that something was different about it. That this was no normal seal.

"M-M-Moka-san?" Tsukune said, eyes watching as Moka landed on her feet. She had on hand on her hip, while her now red eyes stared examined her surroundings. They temporarily landed on Tsukune, making his heart skip a beat as he locked eyes with her. He briefly felt like a fly standing before a hungry spider. Unable to move as his body locked up in fear.

Then Moka turned away and he returned to normal. He asked himself if this was really Moka-san. She felt...different. Stronger. More confident. As if she knew she was the strongest person in the room just by virtue of being herself.

"Hey, you," she pointed a finger at Vergil's back, "I don't know what the big idea is, but I'd suggest you give that back. Right now."

Vergil didn't even bother turning around. He kept his eyes firmly on the rosary.

Moka scowled, "Hey, I'm talking to you."

He didn't turn around.

A cocky chuckle escaped Moka's lips, "You must think you're pretty strong. Turning your back on a vampire who's speaking directly to you."

Still no response.

"Look, just give me back the rosary, and I'll let everything go. We can forget this ever happened."

No response.

Moka grit her teeth, "Fine then. Have it your way!"

In an instant, Moka kicked off the ground and launched herself at Vergil. Yokai power surged into her leg as she aimed it directly at the side of Vergil's head. Tsukune felt the earth shake as she attacked, the power of a vampire making him shiver in fear. Moka's blow flew towards Vergil at speeds that made her leg look invisible to Tsukune.

Vergil raised his left arm up to block.

And the attack instantly stopped.

There was no shockwave.

There was no rustling of Vergil's clothes.

He didn't even look at Moka to block the attack.

He just stopped it.

Moka and Tsukune stared in disbelief at what just occurred.

It was at this point that Dante finally returned.

Dante approached his brother first. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew that Vergil was likely at the center of it. Moka let her leg fall, not once taking her eyes off Vergil. His brother simply let his arm fall without saying a word. Both Tsukune and the new Moka noticed Dante approaching from Vergil's side.

He waved at the two of them, "Sup, Lover Boy? Digging the new look, Fangs. Silver and white are all the rage you know."

He used both of his hands to send his own white hair flying for a second. Moka blinked at the younger Sparda brother. Then she scowled before turning back to Vergil, "Whatever. Just tell your damn brother to give me back my rosary!"

Dante hummed before stepping to Verigl's side. He placed an arm over his brother's shoulder while wagging his finger, "Now, now, dear brother of mine. What did mom tell us about taking important objects from pretty girls?"

"Not now Dante," Vergil said while looking over at his younger brother, "I have discovered something that has taken my interest. I need to study it post-haste."

"That's fine. But you should be asking Fangs if you can do it first. Rather than just taking stuff from her," Dante jerks a thumb in Moka's direction. The vampire was tapping her foot against the ground with her arms crossed.

Vergil frowned. He prepared a response, but took a moment to reconsider his actions. Instead of speaking, he presented the rosary to Dante, "Would you mind taking this and feeding some of your power into this? I believe it will help you understand what I am doing."

Dante smiled then took the rosary in his hand, "Alright. But if I don't find anything, I'm giving this back to Fangs. Got it?"

Vergil nodded. Deal made, Dante fed some of his own demonic power into the rosary. He stood up to give the item back to Moka...but then paused. His expression changed to one of curiosity as he turned to look at the rosary.

"Well, would you look at that," Dante said while rubbing his chin with a hand.

"What? What is it?" Moka asked as she let her arms fall.

"Hey, Fangs. Where'd you get this thing? Doesn't look like something you find at regular jewelry store," Dante asked the vampire, tossing the rosary up and down in his hand.

Moka bared her fangs at him, "What-Who cares? Just give it back!"

"Yeah, I'd love to. But I think my brother might be on to something. This thing's got weird written all over it. Promise you'll get it back in a minute. Sound good?"

"Or I could just take it back!" Moka launched herself at leaping up for a spinning high kick.

Dante simply ducked under the girl's attack. She flew over him and landed behind him. Her leg kicked out in a sweep that Dante jumped over. She tried to hit him with a rising flip kick, but he flipped out of the way.

"Vergil! Go long," Dante said as he threw the rosary back to his brother. Moka got to her feet and dashed for the flying rosary. Its silver metal shined in the morning sun as it flew through the air. Then a flash of blue caught Moka's eyes as Vergil appeared directly in front of the rosary. He grabbed it as he fell to the earth. Moka raised up her leg, readying a kick to catch him before he fell. As she struck out, Vergil's own foot came down and clashed with hers.

Moka, to her surprise, felt a jolt of pain shoot up her leg. She hissed as she backed away from the Sparda Brothers. Dante landed a second after Vergil, both huddling together as they looked at the rosary.

"What do you think?" Vergil asked Dante.

"Eh. Not much. I'm not one for making or analyzing seals. More about breaking them. But I can tell you that this thing is some strong stuff," Dante tapped the red jewel in the middle of the rosary's crosses, "You're book say anything about this stuff?"

"Not much, but I can extrapolate based on the text. Only someone who is skilled in sealing magic would be able to building something like this."

"Any idea who that would be at this Academy?"

"There is only one person. The one who gave me this book."

"Stop ignoring me!" Moka shouted as she leaped up and aimed a flying axe kick at Dante and Vergil.

The Sparda Brothers remained still as Moka came hurtling towards them. They continued to talk and discuss the situation, even as her shadow fell over them. Tsukune, finally getting out of his fear induced stupor, stood up and ran over to Dante and Vergil. He ran around to the front to grab the rosary while shouting, "Enough already! Just give it back to-"

"You! Look out!" Tsukune turned around and looked up at the sky. He immediately felt both a great amount of embarrassment and fear as he saw Moka's raised leg coming towards him. He froze on the spot, unable to move as Moka bared down on him.

Then he saw red and blue blurs dash passed him.

Dante and Vergil appeared on Moka's left and right side respectively. They both grabbed hold of Moka's arms, arresting her movement in mid-air. Dante put the rosary back into Moka's hand, while Vergil moved around to her back.

"Here you go, Fangs. Sorry it took a bit. If you end up late to class, don't sweat it. I'll write you and Lover Boy an excuse," Dante saluted Moka before teleporting down to the ground. Vergil, placing a foot on Moka's back, gave her a light kick towards Tsukune. With a short yell, she landed on top of the human, sending him to the floor and stars swirl in his vision...again.

Vergil tricked over to Dante and then turned to look at his brother, "I trust you understand what our next objective is?"

"Go speak with Gramps about this?" Dante said while putting his arms behind his head, "I suppose. But why are you so interested in this?"

"Because, after seeing what happens when that rosary is removed, I believe I have an idea of what that Yokai has done. And if I am correct," Vergil didn't finish. Instead, he increased his grip on the Yamato.

Dante saw this, but said nothing. He simply nodded while shrugging his shoulders, "Alright. If it'll make ya feel better. See you ya around, Fangs! Take care of her, Lover Boy."

"Hey! You two! Come back here! We're not done yet!" Moka shouted while getting to her feet. But Dante and Vergil paid her no mind. The younger Sparda simply waved without turning to look at her. She grit her teeth while clenching her fists tightly.

That....that couldn't have been real.

Those two...they didn't even take her seriously.

They were toying with her.

Her!

An SS Class Monster. Made a fool of by those...those...whatever they are!

"Urrrgggghhhh," the sound of the human boy groaning from his place on the ground caught Moka's attention. She turned to look down at Tsukune, who had blood coming out of his nose. His face was locked in an expression of happiness, while stars swirled in his eyes.

Moka blinked at him. Then her gaze turned to the rosary in her hand. She sighed while shaking her head, "No. I shouldn't let that get to me. I'll get another shot at them some other time. Right now, I need to let you out. Have fun, me."

She snapped the rosary back on just as Tsukune started waking up. He pushed himself into a sitting position, one hand rubbing his head, "Oh, my head. What happened? Where did everyone-"

"Tsukune!" Moka tackled Tsukune, hugging him from the right side, "I'm so glad you're alright. I didn't hurt you did I?"

"N-N-No! I'm fine! Really! So you don't have to get so close!" Tsukune said while trying to ignore the soft things pressing against his right arm.

"Oh, thank goodness. I'm so glad," Moka said, turning her eyes up to look into Tsukune's. For a moment, the two stared each other down. Tsukune felt his heartbeat faster. Moka started to move her face closer to his and-

Tsukune froze up.

Hold on.

Hadn't this happened be-

"Wait, Moka! Don't-"

But it was too late. Moka bit down on Tsukune's neck.

He let out a yell as his blood was drained.

Huh. Guess I was able to pull through after all. Hope you all enjoy!

Also, I think this quote perfectly encapsulates how the Sparda Brothers fight:

"Sons, you can't just defeat evil. You gotta WRECK evil. You gotta break evil's spirit. Disrespect it. Do it dirty in front of its whole squad without ever, once, acting like this is anything less than either beneath you or fun for the whole family. Make evil question the very laws of physics, the basic realities of what should be impossible even for demons, and make ABSOLUTELY SURE your hair is on point. The monocle is optional, but encouraged."

-Sparda, teaching his twin sons the core philosophy of his combat style

23. ScarredPunLover

ScarredPunLover Know what you're doing yet?

Ah, so wonderful to see more DMC crossovers. Especially with other myth/monster franchises. The last non-fusion character based cross I read that held my interest is seemingly dead (Where Demons Dare to Tread on FFN, RWBY cross where the brothers similarly become teachers at Beacon, two years before canon), the others ones that started out holding my interest either lost it or also died (two separate RWBY crosses, one where Dante becomes a teacher at Beacon, the other where Vergil appears during the robbery at the start of canon, kind of takes Cinder under his tutelage, goes to the Grimmlands and defeats Salem, Salem gives lines about how her revenge was all she had left, or something like that, Vergil responds with corny line about helping her find something to live for. Don't remember the names, Dante one should be the top result if you sort by Favorites in the RWBY X DMC cross section), and the other ones are fusions or Worm Alt-powers. Fusions aren't bad, of course, but if I'm reading a cross, I would prefer an outside context problem rather than something that has occurred a thousand times before already in that universe. Exaggerating, but still. The Worm Alt-powers were fine, but I would prefer to see Vergil just showing up (maybe with Dante alongside him) and wrecking shit in the bay.

All that rant aside, I am just very glad to see that Vergil and Dante are just being themselves, damn everyone else. Makes for delightful situations of "Ok, this one guy will ignore us but if we do anything to annoy him, we're dead, and the other guy will actively interfere, and we can't do shit for dick to stop him. Fuck." I'm looking forward to some kind of big reveal where their DTs are revealed. Hoping we'll get to see their normal ones first. Sure, Vergil doesn't use his as much, like you said, but Dante may want to train at some point using only normal Devil Trigger. Lets them fight closer to their full power without 100% guaranteeing everything around them is going to get destroyed. Though I imagine any such reveal would require them being negotiated into such a situation, perhaps the Headmaster wishing to know more of their capabilities in exchange for some knowledge that wouldn't be featured even in his private collection, turns into a sparring match in a field well out of the way where all the students end up showing up because that honestly sounds like a fun thing to watch (two teachers fighting? Hell yeah), and Vergil decides that he wants to take things further (maybe Dante goads him into it, mentioning their score) and thus everyone sees their two newest staff members are Devils.

Well, that's where my imagination wanders. Obviously, you'll have your own plan in mind, but this is where my thought process takes me. A reveal of their 'true forms' isn't necessary, of course (I don't think there's anything in R+V that could push them that far), but it would be fun to watch the school, and maybe the Yokai community at large, have a collective "Oh Shit" over these two completely unknown but uber-powerful demons that have shown up out of nowhere, and since there's very little, if anything at all, that would warrant such a transformation, I imagine it would have to be very special circumstances.

Alternatively, Dante pisses Vergil off enough that the latter decides "You know what, let's spar for old times sake" and whips out SDT immediately.

Bah, I need to tone down on the word vomit, but editing my words afterward is... annoying, as it follows my train of thought (for the most part), and cutting it down will shave off what little cohesion it has.

Anyway, keep up the good work, looking forward to more. Also, I know you said no shipping, but if and when Nevan arrives, will there be flirting and Nevan claiming Dante is her boyfriend? I am hoping yes, if only to see a humorous response from the student population.

24. Savanna

Who nevan again it been so long since I watch the anime so I I don't remember who that is?

25. LinkOnScepter

She's not in the anime.

She's the electric guitar vampire woman from the third game.

26. Savanna

Oh that nevan. I thought they were talking about someone from vampire my bad. Also moka needs to keep a closer eye on Tsukune for his safety because knowing nevan she will try to do something

27. LinkOnScepter

Wow, longest reply yet.

Also, don't worry about writing out a lot when it's just your thoughts. It's how I do it too. It's also why there's usually errors in my updates. I talk what I write out which means I miss stuff.

While I can't say anything about what will happen in the future, I can touch on your first paragraph.

1. As stated in the first Chapter, that is one of the reason I wrote this fic. I got tired of seeing nothing but Fusion Fics where it's a different character/OC with Dante or Vergil's powers, or a fic where DMC is connected to another universe. I don't really like nor look at Worm at all, the only real thing about it I've ever read is "How To Drill Your Way Through Your Problems". A Gurren Lagann X Worm Fic SI which is one of two that I'd actually say is good. So, I can't really say anything about Worm Alt-Power stuff.

2. I do know the Dante Teacher one you're talking about. It's literally called "The New Teacher". I was reading it, but dropped it because I really stopped enjoying how it was being written. Specifically, A) Dante clearly being shipped with Goodwitch, which completely goes against his character in all ways, B) Penny being given the soul of a Devil and thus turned into a Half-Demon. Which seems weird and out of place to me, and C) Nevan getting sent to the world of RWBY by Vergil...and her arrival being treated as a funny anime comedy episode with her getting no respect whatsoever. Oh, and the Author confirming that she won't be turning back into her Electric Guitar Weapon form for some reason.

Haven't read the other two. But the first sounds like it could be interesting. If only because it's another fic where the brothers aren't separated. Which are few and far between. And the one where Vergil says he's going to "Give Salem something to live for" sounds like it also goes into the same section as The New Teacher for me. As in, it completely goes against Vergil's character for the sake of the Fanfic's Plot. Vergil even after DMC 5, would probably fucking murder Salem. Dude's cooled down but that doesn't mean he's merciful towards those who try to kill him. That's one of the reasons I'm writing him the way I am. He's a better person than before, but you'd still rather face Dante instead of him. Cause Dante may actually let you live if he thinks you can be redeemed. Vergil won't.

3. Yeah, I also like Out-Of-Context-Problem stories rather than fusion fics most of the time. If only cause it means the Plot can actually change in ways that you wouldn't see coming. If it's a fusion fic, then the universe already has counter-measures and such in store for the crossover characters. Meaning things will still happen the same, it's just that the author can dangle keys in front of people like "Hey, this character can do X instead of Y because this isn't exactly like canon". The only exceptions are things like this one Monster Hunter X Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fic I read. And that's cause they made it so the Monsters acted like humans and could talk.

28. Asdercol

Asdercol The Last Jedi also had "Themes", Gege!

The whole problem with Outer Mola and the rosary is that
    Outer Moka's actually her mom and that thing is going to replace her down the line if Vergil doesn't do anything about it.

So yeah, pretty fucked up part that was glossed over real fast at the end of the manga.

29. LinkOnScepter

I think the Manga was going more for a "Two Souls Become One" kind of thing. It's a common Trope in Japan and Anime. Where people with similar souls/existences fuse into one being with the attributes of both. The primary form of this is, of course, the one popularized by DBZ. But in that case it's more just for a power boost.

In the case of the Manga, I think what they were going for was Moka's mother and herself fusing together to shore up each other's weakness. Inner Moka is strong and a good combatant, but has trouble with empathy and a hard time socializing with people. Plus her cooking ability is literally so bad she creates monsters that try to eat people when she tries to cook. Outer Moka AKA her Mom is kind, caring, and empathetic. Someone who could easily socialize with others. But she doesn't have the combat capability of Inner Moka in her current state.

So, at the end of the Manga, the two fuse into one person. A Moka that is both of them, yet also a new existence. Someone with the empathy of Moka's Mom and the combat prowess of Inner Moka.

Of course, the problem is the Manga does a pretty poor job of presenting this. So it comes across as Moka's Mom essentially replacing the real Moka. When that's probably not what the story/author meant. Note that this is what I got from reading the whole Manga myself.

30. Savanna

Random weird question what would happen if Dante and Vergil end up in taimani universe instead of the vampire universe? Oh scale of 1 to cluster fuck how doom would the demons of that universe be?