1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Drider-Girl and the Head-Cannon of DOOM (Worm SI SV!CYOA)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by SamPardi, Feb 26, 2015.

1. WaNoMatsuri

WaNoMatsuri Not too sore, are you?

Something to probably change: BB has no ferry, that's why Danny fights for it to run again. Instead Heroes have a forcefield bridge which is so much cooler. And great from security standpoint too.

Thief of Words likes this.
  2. fluxoid

fluxoid Now I am become hunger, destroyer of snacks.

Do you have a citation for that?

I don't recall (and haven't been able to find) any reference in the original work to how anybody who couldn't fly got on or off the rig. It's actually something that's been bothering me about worm fanfiction for years.

For example from Agitation 3.4:
    AFAICT that's about as long a PHQ description as you can find in Worm, and no mention of any sort of bridge, ferry, helicopter, hovercraft or colony of mutant capybaras.

I've always assumed that some fanfiction authors had, through fanciful whimsy (or just poor reading comprehension), decided that oil rig was "floating" in the sense of "hovering" and then invented a forcefield bridge as a means of getting on and off of an inexplicably-hovering watercraft.

3. WaNoMatsuri

WaNoMatsuri Not too sore, are you?

I'm pretty sure it's WOG. I'll go check for it.

EDIT: Ok, can't find it, but found a thread of common misconceptions and forcefield bridge was one of them so... ooops? Sorry guys.

Anaril and fluxoid like this.
  4. fluxoid

So we're still clear to have canon-compliant mutant capybara's in this story then? Excellent!

thepsyborg likes this.
  5. Rentoba

Rentoba Shocked Panda

Here you go lads, a little q&a post from Reddit. Check Wildbow's second answer.

IdrisXY, fluxoid and Starfox5 like this.
  6. fluxoid

OK, forcefield bridge it is I guess. Good to know, but still...

*waves sad farewell to giant-and-apparently-imaginary amphibious rodents*

7. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

To be honest I prefer the rodents.

8. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

O Rly? Let's get a rank E in maths then a rank C in piano and play him some pi. Which will surely be the quest that allows you to hit rank B in Piano.

Ergoan likes this.