• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Fan Translations Taking Over

Karp

Tasty
The entire page of NSFW should not be fan translations. It's not so much an issue, except that they are mass posted by one user. This limits discoverability of other authors.

Please limit or remove such mass postings.

Considering fan translations generally have dedicated websites and don't gather too much feedback here, I am not sure why they're even in QQ tbh.
It's easier to profit off of work that isn't your own, if the only way other people will understand it is if it's in their language.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with fan translations, but people shouldn't be credited with other peoples work and then make money because of it. When you start making money from it, then it becomes plagiarism, and that's not okay.

I the main reason I hang out on QQ is to read people's creations and works and interaction directly with it, fantls and mtls are kinda like lol, why are you taking up space that other people could be using. Also there's no real input to give for for the work, since it's not like they are going to change anything since it's someone elses works.

Also there's no real input to give for for the work, since it's not like they are going to change anything since it's someone elses works.

This. I agree so much. I already dislike patreon stories that are updating 5+ chapters ahead there, due to the fact that any feedback given on here is a waste of breath.

With fan translations where the original author is someone else, the work may even be 100% finished already? Fuck off.
Those don't need a forum, since feedback and reader engagement is useless.
Theres websites meant for that, this is not one of them.

Add that the fan translations are usually not very good...

At the very least it would be nice if they could get quarantined to their own section that everyone can happily ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back