1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice

GARTF IC

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 2, 2013.

  1. useless101

    useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    616
    Likes Received:
    1,929
    Find school children.

    Yell at school children in a really threatening manner.

    Hopefully the right ones too.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
     
  2. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    "Darn it."
    Ed walks into a near by store and asks for detections to the Bar.
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Marked_One

    Marked_One Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    447
    Likes Received:
    184
    Don't worry, we'll make sure they won't do it again. They will undrstand what it is to play into someone else turf.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
     
  4. Marked_One

    Marked_One Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    447
    Likes Received:
    184
    Ooc: well, fuck. Hopefully, since it's the same action, only the first dice will count. Best case, i don't find them and the other does. Then again, only one of us is probably needed to beat them. Worst case, ... let no give chibi idea.
     
  5. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    *directions
     
  6. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    2,893
    Likes Received:
    2,882
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

    John also helps look for scrap metal, eyeing the destroyed car and wondering if they can find something to cut it up with. And maybe some sort of wagon to help carry the scraps back home.
     
  7. Chibi-Reaper

    Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    105,065
    Eh.

    Just really quick, then.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
     
  8. Chibi-Reaper

    Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    105,065
    Ed speaks to a shelf-stocker, asking for directions to the bar. After a quick negotiation, it's revealed that they are supposed to get off work in five minutes, but have a full shelf to stock still, so the offer is given that, in exchange for assistance, they'll not only guide Ed to the bar, but purchase his first round.

    The stocker gets out exactly on time. A few minutes after this, Ed arrives at the bar with them.

    Cunning perceptiveness reveals that the sign isn't for either of the bars he is aware of, but instead 'Waterfall Leaping Koi'. Further, it appears that everyone inside the bar except his associate is wearing a more expensive suit than he is, and the occasional movement of the arm reveals slight flashes of arm tattoos.

    It seems like Ed has been led to a Yakuza bar.

    On the plus side, he has gained a free beer of significantly higher quality than he suspects he could have gotten at the Dog's Scrotum.

    ---

    John looks, but fails to find any more usable scrap than has already been collected.

    ---

    Red easily locates the youths in question and sternly lectures them on their life choices and how they should be reconsidered.

    The combination of this with Coyote waving his gun around threateningly, foaming slightly at the mouth, and ranting gibberish seems to have an effect greater than the sum of their parts, as the delinquents drop their shoplifted cigarettes and porn magazines to freak out and scramble away rapidly.

    You report a job well done to the greasy thug.

    "... No, ya fuckups, I din't say t'yell at them or set'm straight, I told ya t' puttem in the feckin hospital, di'nt I? Let the little shits walk away, they think as they got away with it."

    ....You seem to be off to a rocky start.
     
  9. Marked_One

    Marked_One Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    447
    Likes Received:
    184
    ooc: To be fair, I kinda saw it comming, but with a 20 rolled, not much I could have changed. And I rolled a 2. Oh well, better luck next time. If we don't get killed on our first mission.

    Well, sorry about that little slip, Red here kinda called the shot on that one. If you give us another chance, I'm pretty sure we won't dissapoint.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

    When we go back at the base, tell the boss that we did get the chance to beat and mug student, but we didn't do it (except for some mental trauma, but they dd go back to school). Because of that, we lost some opportunity. My point earlier was valid, beating student is rewarding.
     
  10. Megaolix

    Megaolix Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    11,010
    Likes Received:
    15,897
    "Well, I'm going to take a look around and get familiar with the area. Maybe look for public transports and their fares close by while I'm at it. Unless you have that covered, boss?"

    (if required)
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
     
  11. Latewave

    Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2013
    Messages:
    1,576
    Likes Received:
    1,355
    I drop off the collected scrap and go to find work in a body shop. Maybe I can get money and some stuff in the process.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
     
  12. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    Ed chats to his new Yakuza friend, thanking him for the drink, and his kindness and he how hopes he can somehow repay the favor.
    You see, Ed despite his size, is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol and he is a very nice drunk.
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  13. Chibi-Reaper

    Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    105,065
    [img width=343 height=600]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/761/l4v.png[/img]

    Ed's new acquaintance smiles softly, and pats his shoulder.

    "There's no need to worry about that, I'm just repaying you for helping out on that part-time shift. If you want something to repay, well... here, have another~"

    He flags the bartender, who pours out another frothy mug of cold beer for Ed.

    ---

    The thug frowns at Coyote, but then snorts and smirks.

    ".... Well, everyone makes mistakes, innit right? Howsabout this, more a personal t'ing. There's this one motherfucker, owes me money from a poker game, a lot of it. He keeps ducking out at the first sniffa me, though, and I'm tired of it. If's you could handle the matter for me, be much 'ppreciated if ya knows how I mean."

    The thug considers, then clarifies.

    "Just so's it's clear, and there's no mixups, I don't give a fuck 'bout the money at this point, pretty obvious this shitstain ain't got it anyway. Shoot the motherfucker, make a statement."

    ---

    "Well as far as transports go, public rates don't matter. I've got a deal going with some guys in the transport department. There's a special rate for the trains and a couple of buses, flash your badges and it'll be charged here. You'll want to keep about fifty in the money pool at all times for transport, and if it's in town? I ain't authorizing funds for it, so you best get used to walking for personal business. That said, important missions through Hokkaido gets you a flat rate of one, one-way per agent on the rails, if you're lucky and it's near a station. Two if you have to take a bus, and they're probably still eating a bit of the cost on gas so be grateful."

    John and Jonah arrive in mid explanation, with the spoils of scavenging.

    Unfortunately, neither of the mechanic shops you found had any work at the moment, but they'll keep you in mind if something comes up and they need a spare hand.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  14. Latewave

    Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2013
    Messages:
    1,576
    Likes Received:
    1,355
    Well I begin to set up a workshop. It's a good to at least start creating the basis of what I'll need to actually repair things.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
     
  15. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,815
    Likes Received:
    3,749
    Shinu goes and trains his swordwork. With a bookend, not live steel- just in case.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
     
  16. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    "Ya-you are such a nice person. Ya know, I never gots ya name!" Ed pauses for a moment, finishing off the beer. "Hey..hey hey...I jus' realized I'm really really lost. An' kinda drunk. Maybe a little depressed with my current job placement. Not really da bes' frarm...frame of mind. Um so...Ya woudn't happen to know of any places I could stay, do ya?"
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  17. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    Well if you're going to use that roll. Well fuck.
     
  18. Marked_One

    Marked_One Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    447
    Likes Received:
    184
    Any place you know that guy hang out? or distinctive trait that may help us find him? Is he usualy alone or in group?

    Go to find the dude and kill him discretly (Checkthe situation before doing it). Blow is brain out (or in another grusome manner to not use a bullet).

    Help me find him Red and I'll take care of it if you fell you can't.

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
     
  19. Marked_One

    Marked_One Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    447
    Likes Received:
    184
    ooc: Can somebody go check the cost of good old trusty knife? It help when you plan to murder somebody to have one.

    action: And let not forget to loot the body after we're done. If you need to touch thing, use glove .
     
  20. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    2,893
    Likes Received:
    2,882
    John sighs. "Well, time to go check out the local sleeping facilities then.. Do we have places to store personal effects, or just a foot locker or such?"
     
  21. Chibi-Reaper

    Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    105,065
    "..... I think I might know somewhere where you can stay the night, at least. Here, have another beer."

    For Ed, this is about the point where things fade into a pleasant, blurry haze.

    ----

    Jonah makes a fantastic workshop, considering his talent allows for a +2 bonus. Sure, it's just basically remodeling a sectioned off corner of the warehouse and putting up nails to hang his wrenches, hammers, and screwdrivers off of, but it's still very nice. There's a table for doing things on top of, and it doesn't have any clamps or anything but he has a set of pliers, and there's really nothing in the way of actual equipment beyond this, but there's spaces neatly awaiting their installment, and for the time being he has a small lighter, about half full of lighter fluid, in case he needs a little bit of flame to just slightly melt the edges of wires together or something.

    The gas goes into general storage for now, but the scrap metal stays here, in a small heap. Part of it looks like it already came off of a bike, the rest looks like, with effort, it could be sort of forced into the general shape of a bicycle frame. There's probably more that could be done with it too, though.

    ---

    Shinu reflects that it's fortunate he doesn't actually own anything like a katana, because even with his +2 bonus, he's pretty sure he could have severed an artery by accident just there.

    Still, a stick just leaves an uncomfortable bruise.

    ---

    "If you actually have anything personal, you have a footlocker next to your cot to keep it in. Don't forget the combination."

    ---

    OOC: Going to wait a bit on Useless, since red's there.
     
  22. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    Ed wakes up, head pounding, and looks around.
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  23. Chibi-Reaper

    Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    105,065
    Very nice.

    Though I'm waiting on that until time progresses until the morning. Meanwhile, other things are happening. Still, roll noted.
     
  24. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    I'm fine with that, I do hope this means good things for me, and not for your sense of schadenfreude.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  25. enthalpy

    enthalpy 舰人

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2013
    Messages:
    621
    Likes Received:
    514
    "Hey, Boss. Are we going to get your name? I'd be great if I knew who I'm supposed to address all the reports to."
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  26. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    1,123
    OCC: Boss's names is Boss. Duh. :p
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  27. Chibi-Reaper

    Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    105,065
    "Ask again when you've come back from a couple jobs. No point getting personal yet."
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  28. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,815
    Likes Received:
    3,749
    Shinu sighs and fingers his bruise gingerly. That... really stung.

    Fortunately, nobody had seen his fumble-

    "Hey sword-boy, nice moves! Hahaha~!"

    ... Surely tai- Um, the boss- wouldn't mind if he only killed one or two civilian s... right?

    Temptation resist-
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  29. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    2,893
    Likes Received:
    2,882
    "Well, I have to put my spare clothing somewhere.. Anyway, since we seem to be lacking much in the way of 'furniture' and 'board games' and the like, I'm going to go dumpster diving for anything lootable."

    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  30. Latewave

    Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2013
    Messages:
    1,576
    Likes Received:
    1,355
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

    Let's go dumpster diving I guess.