1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

GATE: and so the Iron Pact Fought (a GATE: and thus the JSDF Fought fic)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Aaron Fox, Oct 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ocean Sailor

Ocean Sailor Getting sticky.

Hear, hear! Some works such as Gate and ZnT are wasted on their authors, who just stumbled onto an awesome setting only to misuse it grievously. Kudos to all fic authors who took these jewels and polished them to what they could have been.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

Just letting you guys know, my dad's dog has recently passed away (had to be put down) and I'm still trying to get used to life without him. This has, predictably, delayed my latest snippet immensely, especially with the scene and trying to ensure I give it justice (not-so-spoilers, it's the Siege of Cologne during the Great War of Resistance aka essentially Stalingrad, WW1 style).

I hope you guys can understand this.

3. Aaron Fox

Ok, is it just me, or did someone find reality's developer's console and made reality go crazy? I was getting some (slow) headway on getting this next part done when the riots started! Also, it is starting to become apparent that someone has been going into my chaotic brain and nicking ideas just to make reality look insane.

I am not happy. It does not make my muse easier to direct. It delays everything.

The snippet is shaping up to be something, odd, for me. Trying to make it not a gory mess while trying to keep it authentically Stalingrad-esque is... hard... to say the least. [sarcasm] Maybe I should start a Patreon and sell myself so I can get things done or something close to it. [/sarcasm] Still, one of the speeches that I've got is heavily influenced by the speeches made by General Sturnn and Castor of the Imperial Guard (seriously, the Imperial Guard has a lot of material for hold the line speeches)...

Starsall likes this.
  4. ATP

ATP Making the rounds.

Becouse Saderan are arleady defeated,and our Eart could not fight other - what about making it slice-of-life ?

5. Aaron Fox

The Saderan Empire isn't defeated yet. Remember, they're still Romans at their core and they are more than willing to send men into the meatgrinder if it means victory. There is a saying in Rome that means 'you aren't defeated until you accept defeat', and that is something that makes Rome different than the rest of the Classical world. They could have a fifth of their male population dead and then go 'we'll be back next year' (which is exactly what happened in the 2nd Punic War after Canne, which had Hannabil -the man that practically brought Rome to its knees- go 'what' in response).

Right now, the fact that the enemies that they've made can't be simply drowned out by, simply, sheer force of numbers hasn't sunk in yet. While Malt understands that discretion is the better part of valor, he isn't at the point where he'll do that... yet.

bryanfran36 and ATP like this.
  6. ATP

ATP Making the rounds.

Thanks for info.But they still are defeated,and our Earth could not fight Earth invented by you.If you want real fight,they need stronger enemies.But not too strong - do not throw WH40 at them.
    What about making Saderan gods stronger ? and as hostile as possible,too.something like "fu,fo,fe,fi,i smell human blood".
    .About AA - i read, that german made first AA railgun in 1945,but althought it was relativelly small/like 128mm gun/ it still needed entire plant to work.

7. Aaron Fox

The thing is, this is for the setup for the real meat, the post-war politics and nation-building. Also it isn't a railgun but it is a naval rifle repurposed into an AA piece repurposed into an anti-tank gun.

Right now the Saderan gods are on damage control because of Hardy's screwup and confirmation that our Old One is back on the planet. Due to that, they have limited options and due to the fact that they're not omnipotent, they need information, something that is being gathered by Rory and Leo. They're formulating a plan but within a set of restrictions now that the Old One is 'in-play' as it were... although once the full depth of their depravity and rulebreaking is discovered, let's just say most of them won't get a good end. Telling much more would be spoilers.

8. ATP

ATP Making the rounds.

They deserved bad end not for lack of morale,but lack of brains.Opening gates without checking what is there ? what Hardy is,stereotypical german mad scientist from old movies ? She certainly act like one.
    P.S please save Giselle - for one of your SI,of course.Evry true german would be happy with dragongirl waifu.

9. bryanfran36

bryanfran36 Versed in the lewd.

Heh.

If they opened into worlds like Call of Cthullu, Eclipse Phase, or really, really bad like Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40k) they'd get tentacle fucked it's not funny.

ATP and Aaron Fox like this.
  10. Aaron Fox

Thing is, the usual MO had been open the Gate long enough to set a reasonable breeding population through, close it, and then wait a while. If whatever is beyond the gate is too dangerous (they can walk back and forth through the gate like mortals), they can simply retreat and shut it before anything comes over. What the Sadarian gods didn't expect that the Sadarians themselves effectively putting a doorstop onto the Gates or the Old One (aka the actual Admin) coming back home as it were.

If the Sadarians didn't put the metaphorical doorstop in the Gate and the Old One reasserting her Admin Rights, Hardy would have simply shut those as fast as she could. The problem is the doorsteps that the Sadarians made and, well, not having complete Admin rights.

Basically, under normal circumstances that Hardy is used to, it'll play out like this scene with dimensions like Call of Cthullu, Eclipse Phase, or Warhammer before the Gate gets shut for good:

However, these are not normal circumstances.

Also, Giselle isn't going to have a nice time (although, to be honest, the likely circumstances for Giselle becoming Hardy's Apostle isn't likely to be of her own accord, given the Greco-Roman foundation the Sandarian Gods are built off of) for a while before she has to make a choice, the choice's specifics (and circumstances) would be spoiling but what I can tell you is that she'll be mulling over the choice for a while since the entire Great Fire Dragon arc has been aborted by a case of the Javelin ATGM. ;) The Dark Elves showing up would be for non-god related reasons as rumors of the Men in Green's selflessness spread.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    ATP and bryanfran36 like this.