1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SerpentEmperor

SerpentEmperor Not too sore, are you?

Yeah it's more like flashbacks like "I'm embarrassed by what I did" or " that's so cringe why did I do it" or "I regret my actions".

Not hallucinations. Just weird regrets and feelings of sadness and like why?

'Why did I do that?'

Venyr4434 and evildice like this.
  2. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Yeah that sounds to me like just regular adult regret, possibly amplified by depression or stress.

Everyone feels like that sometimes (but not mostly). If you feel like that a lot, or if it's so intrusive that it's interfering with your life, then you might want to get some professional mental health care.

If it's just occasional and doesn't keep you up at night, you can still attend our support group -- we meet most weeknights in every bar around the world.

3. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

Scream in horror. thats what i do. :D

TanaNari likes this.
  4. evildice

Meme related

[​IMG]

5. Jomasten

Jomasten GIVE US TIAMAT OR RIOT!

Man, I'm glad my dreams only just create anime and hentai series that don't exist.

Venyr4434, vyor and TanaNari like this.
  6. SerpentEmperor

What ttrpgs take place in a Medieval middle east setting?

7. Hatless Nuance

Hatless Nuance Versed in the lewd.

Historical or Fantasy?

8. SerpentEmperor

Both.

9. evildice

Technically D&D given that the overriding theme of get-rich-quick adventurer parties was based on medieval islamic venture capitalists as described in stories like Sinbad the Sailor.

A chunk of the disharmony in D&D is about the Knight Errant myths being derived from get-rich-quick islamic merchant-adventure myths, but then being back-ported into historical medieval Europe where stuff like that just didn't happen until much later (age of exploration).

Basically the D&D metaplot of go somewhere unexplored, meet strange new people, do various things, and then come back with money -- all that is from historical real-world medieval Middle East commerce.

So, D&D technically. But you'd need to re-write a bunch of the default flavor.

10. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Or just do a Forgotten Realms campaign and set it in Calimshan or Al-Qadim

Chaos Fantasy and vyor like this.
  11. Hatless Nuance

12. SerpentEmperor

Well I just want to play in Persia or Syria or Anatolia but with magic or fantasy. Western European settings are a dime a dozen.

I want to play like Vampire the Masquerade but Arabic. Or a Chinese fantasy game. Or something where the majority of the characters aren't white.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  13. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Would anyone be interested in a writing prompts and challenges thread? Or, if we already have one, could someone point me at it?

14. Vers20

Vers20 Not bad. But not the worst either.

Hey, does anyone know if we have any threads for new/aspiring authors?
    I'm looking for mostly advice for new authors, how to get started, maybe tips from more experienced authors?

15. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

16. Vers20

Vers20 Not bad. But not the worst either.

17. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

This is a writing challenge thread, but it seems to be solely dedicated to word count commitments with a deadline. I think a dedicated general thread for challenges and prompts sounds like a good idea.

18. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

My various searches keep showing up on my phone's Google homepage. What do? Please help.

I'm tired of removing them. They keep getting replaced by more.

19. Hatless Nuance

Have you tried changing your settings to "don't save my searches" and then clearing you browser and google account histories? These are things that can be done. But the exact methods vary between browsers and sometimes phone models.

Venyr4434 likes this.
  20. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

But if I purge my history, that can cause other trouble. I just don't want it to start showing up in the homepage.

This is a pretty new development.

21. Hatless Nuance

It should be possible to just purge your Google search data. It might mean going to the "Clear History" screen and selecting only search history to be erased. That should be doable.

So no saving searches, and erase saved searches.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  22. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Due to a quirk of work scheduling I'm on a three day weekend right now and because I've been industrious with shit like housework I have very little that I actually have to do on my time off.

So... now I have a lot of time on my hands and after taking a 45 minute long shower, since that's something I don't have time to do during the work week, I sit down and check my email while considering my options and am forcibly reminded that a number of senior citizen dating sites and apps are spamming me lately.

Is this happening to everyone, or is 47 a senior citizen now?

Venyr4434, GhostHaxStomp and TanaNari like this.
  23. Hatless Nuance

I got spammed by senior dating websites when I was in my mid-20s. Then after a while, that tapered off.

24. evildice

You outlived the hot grannies in your area.

25. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Damn, it's been a while since I've felt bad about laughing at something. Thank you.

26. Daonexus

Daonexus Seeker of the true Dao of waifus

I feel that i gradually lost the ability to start a conversation. I remember in school i had no problems starting a convo now 8 years later i am somehow struggling

27. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

Dragon Ball: The Breakers is doing a free trial for Xbox players this weekend, if anyone is interested in giving it a shot.

28. otoshi17Good

otoshi17Good Lurker

So I found myself hit by a meme.
    I was thinking about an idea fic for danmachi and thought "wait how does Hestia sound in greek?"
    A quick google translator and .... English:Hestia -> Greek: χεστία(Chestia)
    The meme was too strong not to tell about.
    ----
    Post search in Wikipedia: The correct translation would be "Εστία(Estía)" which means literally "focus/hearth/fireplace/furnance/Vesta" now I know that when they say that the greeks thought of the gods as the literal conceptual embodiments it was to the point that their names are part of their language.

Jomasten, Kalem_Lee and evildice like this.
  29. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

You're going to need to change out the lithium every now and then anyway, and I don't see any obvious reason it would be difficult to make it swappable in the same way as fuel rods.
    All actinides can fission from high-energy neutrons. U-238 doesn't fission from thermal (low-energy) neutrons; it can fission from the higher-energy fission neutrons (>1 MeV), but it usually doesn't and therefore won't support a chain reaction.

The "fusion neutrons" from D-T fusion are very-high-energy - 14 MeV - as the vast majority of the fusion energy is carried by the neutron. They will fission U-238 with no problems. This is, in fact, used in most hydrogen bombs; the radiation case and in some cases the secondary's tamper are made of depleted uranium (U-238), which won't support a chain reaction (and thus has no criticality issues) but will fission from the fusion neutrons and therefore add more bang. Speaking of which, the reason Castle Bravo was 3x bigger than expected and killed people is because the fusion neutrons fissioned the lithium-7 as well as the lithium-6 in the secondary - lithium-7 fission actually consumes energy rather than releasing it, which is why they thought it wouldn't happen, but fusion neutrons have such immense energy that they split it anyway.

The only uranium isotope that's not either fissile or directly fertile is U-236, and then only in a thermal-neutron mode (Np-237 will support a chain reaction with fast neutrons, though not with thermal neutrons). For the most part, the so-called "neutron poisons" that cause issues are fission products that absorb neutrons. And even then, more dakka works; U-235 and Pu-239 are fissile enough that they can maintain a chain reaction despite some amount of poison (control rods are literally neutron poison deliberately placed inside the reactor core).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    vyor, evildice, alethiophile and 2 others like this.
  30. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Just found a video I filmed on one of my hard drives. A few years ago I considered starting a react channel on Youtube, because that seems an easy way to get subs and shit, then I filmed myself reacting to a movie, Justice League: War which I enjoyed quite a lot.

Watching the video I remembered why I decided against starting a reaction channel. I had the range of reactions of a Moai. I mean, just nothing. If you went by my face and reactions, you'd think I was catatonic.

I wonder if I could play slightly blurred movie clips with a constant stream filming a Moai in an onscreen window and call it a react channel?