1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General World of Darkness Discussion Thread QQ Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Maragas, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Maragas

Maragas Versed in the lewd.

Oh yeah, should share that as well. Here things I put to SB about the new Q&A with Justin.

And

2. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

As usual I hate the changes

Basically an entirely new game

3. gereh

gereh I trust you know where the happy button is?

Just looked through the google doc, I assume that's from the discord Q&A. And it sounds horrible. Like they thrown out everything. Feels like they are overcompensating.

E.g. they even changed the Wyrm, Weaver interaction into that the Wyrm was corrupted because of how humanity acted and no longer "mind-broken" by the Weaver. That changes nothing on the whole situation and feels like a "change for changes sake".

Also no "Umbra Realms"? How is that supposed to work with Wraith and Mage? Wtf?

tem345, Sydonai, Ragura and 1 other person like this.
  4. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

How else are they going to stroke their anti human hate boner if they aren’t going to admit that their ecofascists had a genocidal empire called the imperium culling humans?

My vampire players: Holy shit we can actually say we are the good guys that made cities to keep humanity from being killed off *engage in propaganda campaign without needing to lie*

CrossyCross, tem345, xcv45 and 3 others like this.
  5. gereh

Is that an anti human-hate-boner or an anti-human hate-boner?

6. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

The latter

what else would you expect from WTA let alone white wolf

*looks at their equivalent of a superhero setting where the heroes ignore that they are on a team with a telepath that mind controls men into becoming his submissive bottoms even if they were straight. Where the heroes and authorities know he is doing that*

Repentant_Dragos and Ragura like this.
  7. Berossus

Berossus I did a stupid.

Anti-human hateboner. OWoD and some bits of NWoD kinda have a running theme of humans being bastards, but Werewolf: The Apocalypse had that showing particularly bad. Like, "50% of the wordcount is misanthropic fluff, the rest is author tracts about how Humans are BastardsTM, how modern medicine and civilization are eeeeeviiiil (and also eugenics is good,) Goatfucker's weird neo-Paganist stuff, and crunch," levels of bad.

But then again, this is White Wolf, and that's kinda their signature.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    Wwind and shadowdice like this.
  8. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Both versions of werewolf are basically to the point that most people would think that it is a parody of the worst parts of Captain Planet rather than the edgy goth version

oh god they are probably removing the werewolves that started out as wolves

the funniest ones

Toreador Vampire: so you know how i was a rich kid with a pet wolf when I was alive?

Gangrel: You made me teach you how to talk to it and get a collar from a mage to let it speak human

Toreador: Well, Shelley became a human and now I need woman’s clothes

Gangrel:….Don’t leave the fucking Haven we are about to have furries and the sherrif firing rockets at us!

There was a manwha with the basic plot complete withbajbedgy werewolf pissed off that the female one was like “I never met you before and my friend took care of me for ten years, why would I hate him and other humans?”

Wwind, R.A.G., CrossyCross and 5 others like this.
  9. gereh

Until we get a Mage book somewhere sometimes in the future that tell us that in reality all those bad things were a mages plot. Either it's a Nephandi or a Technocracy Plot (or both). Because normal humans can't do bad things it's always an evil mage behind it.

Repentant_Dragos and Ragura like this.
  10. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

I'm thinking how I can include W5 in my game of W20 - as an in-universe Black Dog publication! :sneaky:
    Would whoever made it be fed to the 'technical advisors' (BSD) or would they find it hilarious enough to let them live?

Repentant_Dragos likes this.
  11. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

Yes! I love Forsaken!

Wwind and Ragura like this.
  12. xcv45

xcv45 Experienced.

Do you have the name of this?

Rakdos92 likes this.
  13. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Funny thing from my campaign

After dragging a bupatsi child from the wreckage of a Technocracy Program and realizing how "Specific" the Technocracy are about what they Allow in reality, my players learned that massive sleep deprivation, a desert still radiating magic from mass sacrifices and death, and Demon Blood might let them get high enough to enact major rituals. So they summoned and diablerized a demon (I play loose with the mechanics).

Me: So, you did not actually prepare a ritual or practice this

Tremere Player: OH NO

They ended up in ancient Carthage and had to use the Werecat child as a translator as they realized that the only one who spoke a language used around then was the Tremere's latin, which was likely not a good idea.

Tremere: Cat, do you speak Egyptian

Child: I can read it

Tremere: What about Phoenician

Child: No, I can speak hebrew

Players
    [​IMG]

Players: *trying to use a werecat child speaking Hebrew at child sacrifice loving Phoenicians*

Also Players: *realizing that people really did not like the Jews even back then and have to manhandle people and claim to be blood gods*

They used the werecat to translate while terrified carthagians threw a foreign trader at them to translate Phoenician and lead them around to find their old patron in the ancient past.

Who they then proceeded to try to convince that they were sent by him into the past to save his marriage and claimed that his wife hated him (his wife ended up caught in the spell to keep Moloch and Troile down in the ground)

Toreador: I think you can't girl boss gaslight his wife, she was a Baali. That is like, levels above you.

Tremere: I am going to make them believe that they need me to keep their marriage stable one way or another.

Werecat child: *threatening people into giving her food lest the vampires eat them*

Tremere: And we may need to just give them that child to adopt since I think we need to enter torpor to get back to the present, what is the worst that can happen.

Toreador: The timeline completely changes

Tremere: Or, I become an art teacher and get Hitler admitted into art school to prevent world war 2

Toreador: no

Tremere: I become an art teacher and tell Hitler his drawings are shit

Me: I think he'd end up invading the Middle East first and cause a very different world war.

Tremere: And then we get the tell nazi scientists we found in Brazil that they need to go over there and pretend we never met to ensure that we nuke satan in Mexico.

It is going to be fun when we try to explain a multi-millennia time skip to the present.

Wwind, Ragura, tem345 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I too would like to know. Wolf's Rain maybe?

15. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Found it

Luna by Bicira Hong

might be chinese not sure, about 60 chapters so it isn't ridiculous and has you know, an ending
    [​IMG]

Ragura, tem345 and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  16. Repentant_Dragos

Except for World War II and the War on Terror, where the Technocracy or Nephandi are merely supporters of the normal humans and their atrocities instead of the ringleaders...

Ragura and tem345 like this.
  17. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Weird to see Big D being so silent. But he appears to have real compassion toward vampires that acknowledge that their condition is a tragic curse not an ascension into something greater. With Kevin, I wasn't 100% sure how much is real honesty and how much is manipulation. But looks like usually it's the former not the latter.

tem345, Ragura, Lucidum and 2 others like this.
  18. Repentant_Dragos

19. Repentant_Dragos

shadowdice , gereh , sorry for pinging you both, but I need some 'mechanical' help for my fanfic.

Here goes: Can Prime 5 + Forces 4 recreate Wodime's 'Anima Animusphere' attack, or do you need Prime 5 and Forces 5? How much Mana/Quintessence is needed for such duplication?

And I mean a full replication, btw; against an enemy equal or greater than F/SN's Servants.

20. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Forces 5 at least as it is above city scale

21. Repentant_Dragos

Perfect.

Also, just to make sure, Zeltretch isn't really a troll who transports people/items across universes for the sake of it?

Spoilers:

In my fic, he's going to make an appearance where he rails against that sort of characterization and scolds one of my OCs for stealing Saber!Astolfo from Chaldea through Spirit Magic.

He's also friends with someone from the Old World of Darkness, Porthos FitzEmpress, and both of them will be joining the scolding.

22. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Zelretch is supposedly based on Jotaro

23. Repentant_Dragos

So a troll after all?

How so, then?

SB railed against the idea of Zeltretch being a troll in their Type-Moon thread.

But yeah, an OC of mine will be:

- Replicating Anima Animusphere plus summoning Saber!Astolfo from several universes away (he is in the New World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness).

- Getting scolded by Zeltretch and Porthos FitzEmpress for multiversal shenanigans.

- Have his future self appear as a New World of Darkness Archmaster (aka their equivalent of Archmagi).

- Discover that Wodime also got reincarnated into the New World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness and is his mentor.

I need a viability check for all of those.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    tem345 likes this.
  24. Repentant_Dragos

Double-post; it seems my ideas are bad, considering how they are very cracky-y.

Maybe I should go back on them.

25. gereh

I don't have a clue what Wodime's 'Anima Animusphere' is doing and google somehow only showed me Fate sides in Japanese, which I can't read, as such I have to say "no fucking clue".
    The best fic I have read in recent history is a crossover between Soulsborne and Hamefura, which has Lady Maria reincarnate into Maria Campbell and shenanigans ensure, you can't tell me that that idea isn't super cracky, still makes a great fic.

26. Repentant_Dragos

This stuff (with English Subs):

It's basically a meteor swarm made up of both mundane asteroids and magic.

tem345 likes this.
  27. Repentant_Dragos

Double-post: My turn to not know a given fandom; what is Hamefura?

28. gereh

It think it's called "My Next Life as a Villaines: All Routes Lead to Doom!" but man nobody has time for that. Girl gets reincarnated into the villaines of her otome game and is so wholesome she turns everything around having everyone fall in love with her without noticing. She also becomes the beloved character BaKatharina.

29. Repentant_Dragos

Oh, that. I heard that the protag gets called an idiot by fans as she does not realize that she changed the plot.

30. gereh

Yeah, she isn't that bright. But it's funny and cute and wholesome. So if you are into that give it a try. And yeah someone made a Soulsborne crossover, that keeps the "funny and cute and wholesome" alive, but also does justice to the games. It*s insane on paper that's not supposed to work, but somehow it does and it's great.