1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General World of Darkness Discussion Thread QQ Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Maragas, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

I have to ask: Did you take a look at the fanfic yet?

2. gale

gale Experienced.

Bits and some of it.

3. Repentant_Dragos

What are your thoughts?

4. gale

gale Experienced.

Descent.

Repentant_Dragos likes this.
  5. gereh

gereh I trust you know where the happy button is?

I personally are a big Lasombra Fan, yes I know they are "edgy Ventrue", I still like the Clan, one of my favourite character I've ever played was a Lasombra Abyss Mystic. "Hello Darkness my old Friend, I've come to talk to you again ..." and so on, at least once you got the rituals for it.

But nothing ever beats Tzimisce, they are my overall favourite Clan. Is there really anything more appealing, than waiting until your snobby Lasombra Rival has surrounded themselves with Portraits of themself to remind them how they look, just for you to get to him and Fleshcraft him a new appearance? I don't think so. Okay he may hunt you down for the Rest of his Unlife, but that something for another chronicle.

It's really strange there aren't more MtA Crossovers out there, it feels like something that would work really well. Just take any of the "Gamer Lite" (the once with Gamer elements, but no Stat points and stuff) Stories out there, them gaining there "Gamer" power, could easily be interpreted as there awakening and the System voice and Quests could be there Avatar guiding them. Man most of them are even trying to Ascend to God Levels. Now that I think about it I should probably get back into writing again.

Ragura and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  6. Repentant_Dragos

Thanks! And you're welcome to read the fic as well; just ignore the Yaoi elements if you can/want to...

gereh likes this.
  7. gereh

Honestly it's not the Yaoi that is problematic (I'm skipping the whole sex part on most stories anyway), it's Fate. I've seen three episodes of Fate, so I'm not really familiar with the stuff beside "Mage summons Spirit of ancient Hero", tried to do some wiki diving but got more confused than I learned stuff. And most Fate Fics just expect you to know stuff, like here is that "Alien Hero coming from the Moon, who is the spirit of ancient Hero, but not really" and I'm like "What?". I can just ignore that parts on stories, who set the focus somewhere else aka on the waifus/husbandos, but I don't think a Mage Crossover you can just ignore the "strange" Stuff. But will still give it a try.

8. Repentant_Dragos

Yeah... That is a problem.

This might help, though, btw:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Nasuverse

gereh likes this.
  9. gereh

I'm not sure if I more or less confused now, but I can see the ways it can work with a WOD crossover

10. Repentant_Dragos

Yep.

11. Maragas

Maragas Versed in the lewd.

It's actually not that hard to make a mix of Fate/WoD. At least in a major sense. Mostly because World of Darkness is a very flexible place.
    For example,
    There are already 2, very different "Vampire" races in WoD. Cainites and Kuei Jin, another one doesn't really change anything. This time they are born from an Incarna of Moon.
    Mage Association? There are already plenty of magical sects separate from the Traditions and Technocracy. A couple more isn't going to surprise anyone.
    The Church? The Vatican is already familiar with the supernatural, especially with True Faith. Not to mention Celestial Chrous supporting them.
    Types? It was done in WoD by Gaia too. She wanted to wipe the state clean and disowned humanity in one of ToJ scenarios and called for marriage through the solar system. *
    Even magical hacking already exists if you wanted to crossover with Fate/Extra timeline. Virtual Adepts live and breathe it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Repentant_Dragos

All true, but I still prefer CofD for a crossover with Fate as the Supernal Realms from Mage the Awakening is almost exactly the same as The Root...

Ragura likes this.
  13. gereh

Does anyone have any info on the "new" Book of Nod, said to release soonish? Is it just a reprint or is there some "new" content in it?

Also I just realized the V5 Sabbat Book is out (as a PDF) somehow I completely missed that...

And the Book doesn't come with Rules to actually "Play" as Sabbat
    [​IMG]

So there is that ...

gale, Ragura and shadowdice like this.
  14. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Oh come the fuck on Paradox

gale, gereh and Ragura like this.
  15. Maragas

Yep, it's bullshit ain't it?
    In M20 we have full-on Nephandi book, who are thousands of times worse than Sabbat and they still respect the readers that they give all sorts of suggestions and rules to play them.

Same reaction on SB too, when it was first announced.

gale, gereh, Ragura and 1 other person like this.
  16. gereh

The Book is pretty bad, not gonna lie. The non playable isn't even worst part (in my opinion), the fact that they did throw out most of the path on enlightenment is way worse. The new Lore isn't great, but I guess they have to work with the existing V5 setting, so I didn't really expect anything there. Honestly it feels like the Book didn't really add anything, but takes away. Like the Sabbat gets worse when you use the book.

Also it may just be me being frustrated not catching all the stuff, but I didn't really find any mention of the Sabbat Inquisition in the book (maybe they thing people will not be able to differentiate between Sabbat and Second), so seems like that part got kicked out as well.

They are charging 35$ for the Book of Nod PDF, which will probably just a reprint (maybe get a new layout or something) of the old one as far as I've heard.

Ragura and gale like this.
  17. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

okay, played the new Parliament of Knives game

It still doesn't give you images for all of the main characters in the cast list

a cast list which doesn't include even your broodmate who is a major character in the story.

I am somehow forced to join the Anarchs even though I made no choice to join the anarchs, constantly insulted them, and handed over every piece of information I had about them to an Archon, repeatedly warning the Camarilla of their plots and everything the fuck else

HOW THE FUCK DOES THE GUY HELPED THE TREMERE PRIMOGEN murder the ever loving fuck out of a House Carna member a moment earlier not have a choice to you know, not join the anarchs?

Dear fucking christ devs.

Me *playing conniving toreador assassin and engineer my sire's death to avoid her taking the crown of Princedom, warned the Archon that my sire was trying to kill everyone and basically got a go ahead from the archon, worked with a primogen to kill my sire*: Fuck yes I got the camarilla ending

Assamite Primogen: I am an Anarch, we must flee.

Me:...what? No, what why? Why? I have evidence of her being involved in bomb plots against the Camarilla, why the fuck do I have to do this?

Game: You may now escape from the Camarilla

Me: NOOOOOGOBACK, GO WAY THE FUCK BACK YOU SHITS! LET ME DIE RATHER THAN JOIN THE PEOPLE WHOSE INTERACTIONS WITH ME HAVE BEEN MULTIPLE STABBINGS, BUCKSHOT TO THE CHEST, AND NEARLY BEING LEFT OUT TO THE SON

Game: So begins your beautiful career of

Me: WHY DON'T YOU GIVE ME PROMPTS TO KILL ANYONE? EVERY TIME I MET AN ANARCH BEFORE I TRIED TO KILL THEM UNLESS OUTNUMBERED! I TOLD THEM NO EVERY FUCKING TIME WE MET!

edit

Being a WoD fan is apparently suffering, especially one who likes the Camarilla

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  18. Repentant_Dragos

Is CofD going through the same crisis as WoD, or is it evading said crisis?

19. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

working on a city in vtm

I had the idea of the Minotaur having sired childer (I don't have the clan book but remember it being said that the Minotaur was a very beastial toreador. This eventually led to the idea of Asterios having blood bonded Theseus and used that to get out of the Labyrinth

Does anyone else remember lore for VTM Minotaur? all I remember is WTA spirit minotaur.

...I just have this odd thought of muscley himbo Toreadors and really like it.

Ragura and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  20. gale

gale Experienced.

It was said to be one of the Toreador Methuselah. But there is also the Aips or the wereaurochs. AKA Moon Bulls. Who are dead at this point.

Ragura and gereh like this.
  21. gereh

What's a himbo?

The Torredor Clanbook (revised) has a paragraph on it.

So Ishtar, was chilling on Crete and real liked it there, but when the King (Midas), learned she could pass on her beauty and immortaly, he begged her to turn him. But Ishtar didn't want to do that. So Midas told her if she didn't she had to get the fuck out. So there was the compromise and she turned his Son. The son did succumb to the Beast and because Midas could bring himself to kill him, he build the Labyrinth and locked him away

[​IMG]

So basically he was a 4th Gen Vampire that couldn't control himself

Ragura and gale like this.
  22. Maragas

Male bimbo.

gereh likes this.
  23. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Quintessentially, Johnny Bravo.

Ragura and gereh like this.
  24. gereh

There is also the fact that the picture of your Sire doesn't change when picking clans, so Toreador and Nosferatu Vamp look the same.

There is (at least one) Camarilla Ending, one where your Sire becomes/stays Prince.

or the Sabbat, or the interdepended Clans (who don't really exist in V5 anymore)...

Ah, so males with Botox lips and plastic tits... Did also google it but somehow even the internet isn't sure what a himbo exactly is, besides being an airhead from time to time.

Ragura and shadowdice like this.
  25. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I already know that the makers just plain hate the Nosferatu with how horribly they butchered the clan in the first game, then having a Nosferatu sheriff who looks like a normal guy because Love Interest

Game: Love goes past gender and binaries

Also Game: Here have a handsome long haired Nosferatu from a bodice ripper

Fans: WE LOVE DOVE OUR SKULL FACE GIRL

Game: But we have Twink Banu Haqim

The slow murder of independent clans started before even V5 given the Ravnos stuff and the way that the Assamites got shafted.

Giovanni at least semi-exist still.

The stuff with Setites makes no sense

Think more Kronk
    [​IMG]

Ragura, gale and gereh like this.
  26. gereh

Ah yes, Qui, I also was like "wtf" when his image popped up, needed to check if misread his Clan or something, at that point it may be better to not add images at all. To be fair he had been a real Bro to my Nosferatu Char, so I will just ignore the picture.

I think the main reason for the Ravnos and Assamite stuff was that they realised the stuff wasn't really political correct, so they tried to kill them of "quietly". Giovanni may exist in some sense but aren't really independent any more.

How do you make a Kronk Vamp? He doesn't have a bad bone in his body.

Ragura and shadowdice like this.
  27. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Giovanni are still separate from the anarchs/camarilla/sabbat stuff at least.

A himbo can do horrible things if they do not realize that they are being bad, see how Kronk was helping Zima because he thought that they were friends

Ex: Toreador Himbo who is friends with all of the guys in his gym, does spotting with them, is friendly to everybody, and drinks blood from some of them afterwards while also giving them some of his.

Toreador Himbo: It really helps them destress after everything, and it's not like I can just leave them low on blood. Vitae is like, more potent right, they can lift more later

Brujah Friend: Wait, you ghouled your gym?

Toreador Himbo: No, none of them work for me

Brujah Friend: Do you know what a ghoul is?

Toreador Himbo: A butler?

28. gereh

As the Giovanni aren't the Giovanni anymore the Promise of 1528 doesn't really hold anymore and with the Camarilla policy of you with us or against us, they will force them to take sides. Basically you can play Giovanni in any Sect, but you can't really play them with out a Sect anymore, because someone will try to strong Arm you into joining the Camarilla and at that point it's either joining up with them or one of the other powers in the area (for protection).

But Kronk didn't have a "Beast", I mean if he's a bit of an Airhead the chance of going into a Frenzy is pretty high, because he probably will do something stupid that provokes it and I don't see him dealing with stuff like accidentality killing someone while Frenzying (and while that could be a good plot point for a player char; I don't see it working well for a NPC or multiple NPC's)

29. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Willpower my friend

Willpower

Edit

Also the Calm Heart merit helps immensely by adding dice to resisting frenzy

Ragura, gale and gereh like this.
  30. gereh

I guess to me a Kronk Vamp just goes a bit against the theme of Vampire, the whole "you are damned" part and "It doesn't matter how hard you try, you are a monster" So I wouldn't do that. But that just personal preference.

Ragura likes this.