1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Genius the Transgression: God-Machine Chronicle OOC

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by nick012000, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makahl

Makahl Know what you're doing yet?

I believe I have my sheet ready except for the additional vice (which is probably curiosity due to being a Staunen but I'm not sure) and my breaking points. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=577587

for my wonders I have 2 designed already, 1 is GNOSIS which is an upgrade/modification of all of her senses with some extra ones added in (infrared vision, ultraviolet vision, enhanced smell and enhanced sound which can also be used as some sort of scanner to detect harmful substances and maledictions in humans) which uses Exilexi and Apokalypsi with being 100% organic utilises Medicine skill and her specialty in Medicine (Bio-enhancement)

number 2 is EGO-GE and is a second brain which has te capability to connect to the internet and uses all 3 of Exilexi, Apokalypsi and Automata. probably falls under Medicine but may also fall under Computer.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

It'd be the same as the Derangement listed for the Catalyst, so Fixation. Also, I'm going to need to know what sort of Mane you are; are you from a Bardo or a powerful Genius's Unmada Field, and what sort of Bardo/Unmada Field produced you?

This requires either Apokalypsi 2 or Exelexi 3. Apokalypsi 1 simply allows you to build communicators and read data off of things. Exelexi 1 allows you to build healing machines and life support machines. Additionally, as an entirely organic wonder of Apokalypsi, it'd also require Academics. If you want to, however, you could take it with the Adopted Orphan Merit, though.

Exelexi doesn't affect this; it'd just be Apokalypsi and Automata. And yeah, it'd be the lower of Medicine and Computer. Maybe Academics, as well, if it's entirely organic, or Science, if it manipulates computers through telekinesis rather than radio signals or the like.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. MugaSofer

MugaSofer Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Ooh, is this still going?

I'm part of the group working on the Moochava-approved GMC/second edition for Genius (think The Strix Chronicle without any Strix.) We're making slightly more extensive changes, including some things that were planned for 1.2 before the author had all his time eaten up by other projects. There are some good ideas here - I especially like the addition of "Catalyst Vices".

It'll be interesting to see how this "minimalist" port works out, from a playtesting perspective.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Unfortunately, it seems to have died. I'm still willing to run it of anyone's willing to actually play, though.

Also, if you're working on the next iteration of Genius, can you fix the way it treats Mages, as derived from Moochava's anti-nMage/pro-oMage bias? Personally, I'd just tie Geniuses into the Abyss, and say that both the Exarchs and the Lemurian Secret Masters saw the other group as serving their own plans (because the Abyss strengthens the Lie and because the saw the Seers' actions in their future-history, respectively).

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. MugaSofer

MugaSofer Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Ah, shame.

Yes. Yes we can. In fact, I'm not sure if we're already doing that or forgot because it's been headcanon for so long. I'll have to make a point to correct that.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Vree

Vree Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Nice GMC rules. Well done. I know where I'll come if I ever want help to run Genius with the GMC update.

Are ypu talking about the crossover footnotes on p. 394? I'm not sure why you call it bias. I thought the sentence that claims that Exarchs and Lemurians are unable to communicate with each other comes from being connected to different templates/realms (none of the high ends of the splats: True Fae, spirits, Kerberoi etc. are able to really interact with each other - the only reason this effect may surprise Geniuses/Mages is because both believe to have an all comprehending view of the world, which as we know from the rest of the splats, is not true. And it saves the work of explaining why there is no history between the two.
    But the whole suggestion is only a single sentence in the text that you ignore in your own interpretation anytime you want.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.