1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Having faith in the cards (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX-Self Insert)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Konami-kun, May 15, 2020.

1. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

This is awesome I can’t wait to read more. I’m also having lots of flash backs to duel links, that amazon card caused me so much trouble. But then again it made me make an actual good deck to beat it.

Wassam and Tunak23 like this.
  2. Threadmarks: 3
    Konami-kun

Konami-kun Know what you're doing yet?

Copy Paste!

-()-()-()-
    Upon entering my room the first thing I did was throw my Duel Disk to the table and drop me on my comfortable and soft bed. Getting away from Jaden was difficult, the boy kept asking me questions about the Duel Spirits, I admit it was my fault for thanking Winged Kuriboh, but I didn't feel good just by keeping quiet and not thanking the adorable ball of hair.

I was lucky that all the other people in Dome Duel decided to leave at the same time and in a disorderly way, that made it easy for me to escape from Jaden, otherwise at this moment he would probably still be bombarding me with questions.

Luckily for me I will not see him again in 1 week.

"Well, how was it? I bet that horrible dragon of yours destroyed the examiner."

Even so, the fact that I will attend the same Academy as Jaden is worrisome, the chances of it ruining the plot is high, even more when it is taken into account that I have captured Jaden's interest.

But the most worrying thing is the fact that nothing happened as it should.

First of all Jaden's monsters, he is not supposed to have those Heroes, he never used them in anime, not Woodsman, Ocean, Blazeman, Absolute Zero and Terra Firma. Without mentioning Stratos and its effect, but I am already aware that the effects of some monsters are not the same as I remember, differences between this world and my ancient world, I suppose.

Second is the fact that Jaden can see the Duel Spirits, he is not supposed to be able to see them until a few months after attending Duel Academy, of course, he could hear them slightly when he was a child and at the beginning of the series, but Jaden was not able to see them.

And finally, the fact that Jaden started questioning me about the Duel Sprits and how I could see them. How does Jaden know about Duel Spirits? Even if he is able to see them, he should not know anything about them.

This is too different from what I remember.

"So I was wondering, since you've finally passed the exam-"

But I have a slightly logical explanation about this.

I am in a world parallel to anime ... or different timeline, I never knew the difference.

If this is true, then I would explain the use of the different Jaden Heroes and their knowledge about the Duel Spirits, but if that is different, what else is it?

Have the main characters changed? The enemies? Will the events I know happen?

Too many questions, too many possibilities.

Hell, I should have enrolled in the North Academy, at least there I wouldn't have to deal with all the supernatural shit that will be thrown at the Duel Academy.

"I mean, I'm sure you can build a deck where I fit, as long as you're not as lazy as you usually are-"

But it is not too late, I can still ask to be transferred, but if I do it right after I have passed the exam I will be asked many questions about it, especially my parents, they supported my decision to go to Duel Academy, if I suddenly decided transfer to the North Academy, located in the damn Arctic, they will interrogate me in a way ... not so kind, they are a little overprotective parents after all.

Also, what will I tell them?

"Mama, Papa, I do not want to attend a school that will be attacked by false copies of the Egyptian gods, a cult that seeks to destroy the world, a demon who is obsessed with returning to his king and an evil spirit who loves to possess people , not to mention all the supernatural shit that happens between one event and another. "

Yes ... no, they will call me crazy and force me to attend Duel Academy.

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

So I will have to wait a little while before requesting to be transferred, maybe I can give them the excuse of not feeling well attending Duel Academy and maybe the North Academy has a better environment.

Well, I'll think of something when the time comes, for now the only thing I will do is rest and not interact much with Jaden and company when the time comes.

"Stop ignoring me!"
    -()-()-()-
    Yugi Muto is a good person, good enough to become friends with a complete stranger after spending time talking about duels for almost 1 hour. However he is a person very attached to his cards, I doubt that he is ever willing to give one of his favorite monsters like Black Magician to a complete stranger.

So I was very surprised when he agreed to lend me, hell, even giving me the Dragon Master Knight, considering that there is only 1 copy in the world would have thought that Yugi would refuse to lend it to me ... or give it to me.

"I have no problem giving it to you, I have only used it twice and even if I wanted to use it again, I don't have a Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon." Yugi told me his reasons. "Although I'm curious how you will summon it without the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon."

Oh dear Yugi, for that there are substitute fusion monsters.

Of course I wasn't going to tell him that.

"It's a surprise, when I'm a professional duelist and come to kick your ass you will know." I could not help showing a small smile. Having a duel with Yugi was always fun, I have never defeated him, especially for that damn support for the Black Magician that did not exist in the anime. Even so there was something in the King of Duels that made a duel exciting, maybe it's just the fact that I'm having a duel with a friend, or the fact that I'm having a duel with one of the heroes my childhood, anyway, the next time I have a duel with him I will definitely win ... probably.

"If you know we can have a duel whenever you want, right?"

"Yes, but I'm not going to have a duel with you until I graduate, I might have decided to become a duelist just for money, but kicking your butt at you and your Black Magician has become personal."

Yugi let out a nervous giggle, I guess he is not a very competitive person, and he only has duels for fun and love of the game. Yugi and I talked a little more, talked about my dueling test and how I to defeat Crowler for a miracle.

I honestly never thought I would be a neighbor of Yugi, hell, I never imagined that I would become his friend, I don't even know how the hell I didn't see him in the neighborhood for so many years, he lives only 2 blocks from my house! I guess being an antisocial loner and never leaving home has its disadvantages, the only reason I found out that he lives so close to my house is because of those paparazzi who made Yugi's residence public.

Although it is really good that I have not encountered Yugi before, I would not have liked to be involved in the supernatural shit of gods and evil spirits, I doubt that I would have approached him if all that had not yet ended.

How do I know that everything is over? Easy, I saw that damn TV duel where Yugi had a duel with ... What was his name? Yugami? Megami? Uh, the strange boy with square and ugly monsters. The point is, never, at any time, I saw Yugi "transform" into Atem, so I assumed that the anime events were over and I approach me Yugi without risk of being involved in all that shit of Egyptian gods.

Some might call me hypocrite for making me and becoming friends with Yugi, but keeping me as far away from Jaden as possible, I challenge them to put their lives at risk by playing a damn Shadow Duel, fight with a cult that seeks world destruction and a mad demon for her former lover

Talking about Jaden.

"Tell me Yugi, haven't you given a Winged Kuriboh to someone? Like, a boy with brown hair and a red jacket?"

"A Winged Kuriboh?" Yugi repeated with confusion. "I've tried to get one, but it's hard to find." What? "And a boy with brown hair and a red jacket? ... I don't remember encountering someone like that, why ask?"

Well, there is another difference with anime.

"Oh, for nothing important, it's just that the guy I had to team up with had a Winged Kuriboh, and I remember that you were looking for one." I replied with a shrug. "By the way, do you still have those copies of the Black Luster Soldier? I want to buy 2 along with its ritual magic."

Yugi still seemed curious about my question, but fortunately for me he accepted the change of subject quite easily, it is not as if he had many options, it is assumed that Yugi would attend the Kame Game store while Salomon is not.

He and I talked a little more before finally saying goodbye, I had to prepare myself to attend Duel Academy, pack clothes, buy a few cards that were not in Kame Game and prepare myself mentally for the supernatural crap that will undoubtedly be thrown at me.

If there is something that the stories of displaced and reincarnations have taught me, it is that regardless of how much I try, the protagonist will be involved in the main story.

I just hope that is not my case.

I have no protagonist wood after all.​

3. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

It lives!!! Looking forward to the next chapter. Take your time.

Tunak23 likes this.
  4. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

[Internal Screaming Intensifies]

Don't remind me. I'd become the Big Bad for the season just because of that bullshit right there.

Tunak23 likes this.
  5. Darchias

Darchias Pokémon Professor

I'll be honest, I didn't like the Crowler duel that much. While the blocking was solid and it did genuinely feel like I was watching an anime duel, the only advantage Yuudai and Judai had was starting with 5 more cards in hand total than Crowler. Otherwise the advantage was all Crowler. He was taking the same number of turns they did, after all, and his turns were more likely to be impacted since he could improve his board state better. He did end up losing, but the extra 5 starting cards were definitely to blame.

I don't know it just rubbed me the wrong way.

LEGENDARYNOT likes this.
  6. LEGENDARYNOT

LEGENDARYNOT I trust you know where the happy button is?

That’s typical Crowler though