1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hermione Granger and The Boy-Who-Lived

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Zaster, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sssisss

sssisss Not too sore, are you?

Huh, first time I've even peeked in the regular creative writing forums. Tells something about me, I guess.

Anyway, cool story, keep it coming, can't wait for more precocious Harry shenanigans.

2. Threadmarks: Interlude:: The Matron & The Auror
    Zaster

Zaster (verified cape)

The Matron

Night.

Saturday, Sept. 14

Poppy Pomfrey generally liked her job, stressful as it could sometimes be. Children could be quite... dumb, you see, and in the twenty-four years that the witch had worked at Hogwarts, she had become all too familiar with that headache-inducing (and oftentimes, rather amusing) truth.

Every week, there was at least one potential recipient of the Darwin Award walking into her infirmary looking shifty-eyed, and sporting some sort of self-inflicted magical malady or other effect.

More aggravating, were the ones who abstained from coming to her by themselves for whatever reason, hoping that whatever was wrong would simply fix itself, while the absolute worst were those who tried to fix the problem by themselves. Emphasis on tried.

One such student, a third-year Gryffindor boy, had come in a few years ago, his tongue a wriggling, two-foot long tentacle sticking out of his mouth, and his nose missing.

Apparently, he’d tried to transfigure his tongue for some sort of prank, but had botched the spell terribly. Then, despite that his transfiguration skills were wholly lacking even when his tongue was fully functional, he’d tried to fix it himself, only to end up cursing his nose off too.

Fortunately, whether from accidental magic or just accidental luck, something he did caused him to start breathing with his ears instead, saving the poor fool from suffocating.

And that was simply one of many such occurrences that Poppy had had to suffer through over the years.

As bad as the ones who were victims of their own stupidity were however, nothing beat the ones who were simply victims, and, paradoxically enough, they were also the ones who made Poppy like her job the most.

In the twenty-four years that Poppy Pomfrey had worked at Hogwarts, there had only ever been five incidents that counted as a medical emergency, and two of them had happened within the last twenty-four hours, with, amazingly enough, the same two students at its epicenter; first-years, Hermione Granger, and the boy-who-lived, Harry Potter.

When Minerva had brought the two in earlier in the day, after their ill-fated battle with the basilisk (and was the revelation that there had been one of those things sitting under the castle for centuries not simply terrifying?), Poppy had run some preliminary diagnosis of the two and shuddered.

There had been the clear signs of phoenix tears having been used as a first response treatment, and while it was a wondrous substance, as well as the only reason the children were still alive, there wasn’t enough phoenix tears in the world to mask the leftover traces of the litany of injuries both had suffered from Poppy’s skilled eyes.

Shattered bones, pulverized organs, extreme blood loss, shards of the skull embedded an inch deep into a swollen brain, and that was just for the boy; Poppy had found such high concentrations of inert basilisk venom in the girl that it was like someone had hosed her down with the stuff.

Simply put, it was bad, but thanks to the phoenix tears they’d received, it was (relatively) easy to fix, especially in Miss Granger’s case.

So, she’d fixed them. Patched them back up, good as new, thankful that the excitement for the day had passed.

Then night had come, and with it the worst attack on Wizarding Britain in recent memory, and as Poppy Pomfrey stared at the same two first-years being carried back into her infirmary, again with grievous wounds, she remembered why she liked her job; it was because of the good she could do.

Poppy Pomfrey just wished that the world would stop giving her opportunities to do good.

The Auror

Morning.

Sunday, Sept. 15

Barely anyone remembered it now, but once, not too long ago, the brilliant, paranoid, and scarred man now known to the world today as Mad-eye Moody, was a brilliant, cocky, and—dare I say—good-looking boy called Alastor Moody.

Alastor Moody (Al to his friends) had graduated from Hogwarts like most of his peers, at eighteen. Unlike most of his peers however, Alastor had registered for the Auror Academy entrance exam right away.

He’d passed with flying colours on the first try, and been accepted into the Auror Academy, an undertaking which took three years, and this was the first step on the journey of a thousand miles that led to the man named Mad-eye Moody.

Three years passed, and Alastor came out of the academy not the cocky boy that had gone in, but a confident man. A leader.

Soon he’d won the respect of his colleagues, the admiration of his subordinates, and the love of a beautiful witch he’d had every intention of spending the rest of his life with.

Then his friends began to die.

They’d been told the risks of the job back at the academy, made aware of them; but it was one thing to know that you might have to watch your friends die, and it was something entirely different to live it.

Fifteen years into his career as an Auror, Alastor was the last of his graduating class. His love was long gone by then, and somewhere along the way, he’d lost an eye, a leg, and much of the man that he’d been.

He could have stopped then. He should have stopped then. But it was the only thing he had left. And he was very, very good at it.

So Moody kept fighting. Through Voldemort’s war as it came and went, and for a decade after it, he fought.

He fought and fought, until one day, he saw the witch who he’d wanted to spend his life with all those years ago, shopping for school supplies with her thirteen-year-old in Diagon Alley, and suddenly, Moody had realized just how tired he was.

That was one month ago, in August. And it was the day that he’d made the decision to retire.

Being the wizard that he was though, Moody could not just bring himself to get up and leave the Auror Corps, so the decision was made that he would stay the remainder of the year, and come January, for the first time in some three decades, he would be an unemployed man.

So, naturally, here he was in Albus’ office not even one full month later, on the morning after Death Eaters set Hogsmeade on fiendfyre, successfully burning down half the village.

It was a disaster.

Thirteen dead and fifty-four injured, eight of whom were in critical condition at St. Mungo’s.

Moody had seen many terrible things over the years, and while some of them trumped this in ghastliness, few could compete with the sheer scale of this disaster.

In fact, the only one in recent memory that he could recall would be Sirius Black’s decimation of that muggle street the night he killed Pettigrew.

Moody’s lips involuntarily curled with distaste from the memory, then it curled even further from the incessant rambling of the Minister.

God, the man was an incompetent idiot. One who, like any proper idiot, seemed completely incapable of seeing that he was in fact an idiot. Actually even going so far as to consider himself some sort of savvy diplomat.

Ironically enough, Moody knew that this was the only reason why the Wizengamot had assigned Cornelius Fudge the position of Minister in the first place, and why his assignment as Minister has been the only unanimous one in... probably a century; the man was an idiot. More importantly, the man was a pliable idiot. And everyone but him knew it.

Fortunately, Moody could see the kids of the hour ascending up to Dumbledore’s office then, so he knew he wouldn’t have to put up with Fudge for much longer.

Before today, Moody had never given the Potter boy much thought. Sure, the events of that Halloween night were remarkable enough, but the scarred Auror had been fully aware that the boy had been a toddler at the time.

Consequently, if the tyke had had anything to do with that night’s events, then it had been completely accidental, and no one deserved praise for something they accomplished accidentally, in Moody’s opinion. Not even when it’s offing a Dark Lord.

So Moody observed the boy, and his friend, the Granger girl, when they came up into the office, and while they weren’t the only reason, they were a not insubstantial part of why, when, after the kids had left, Dumbledore suggested he take the newly open position of Defense professor, Moody didn’t immediately blow off the old wizard.

A/N: so, as you may have noticed if you've been here since the start, this story has now been moved to the sfw section, and since then, the viewership has, simply put, tanked.

This is because, despite what anyone wants to say, the fact remains that for most of QQ's audience, the sfw section is an afterthought at best, and a non-entity at worst.

Seeing this, I have hereby decided to stop posting this story here, just like I did at ff.net when the stress of posting outweighed the return in viewership.

Therefore, if you would like to continue reading this story from when next I post, click on this link. And if you would like to read more right now, then here's my Patreon to read four chapters ahead.

Thank you, and take care.

3. CrazyDarkstar23

CrazyDarkstar23 Versed in the lewd.

Oof, at least I still got the alert for it, I’ll try royal road, have never used it before so that’ll be fun

though I wonder, did you ask for it to be moved it was it moved by others?

I ask since I have seen sfw stories, which I think this doesn’t really qualify as, all the time in the nsfw section

4. Hashirama1710

Hashirama1710 What am I even doing anymore....

Ouch...

5. Beans

Beans Getting sticky.

Fwiw I read stuff in the sfw section all the time. I don't think I'll see your story if you cease posting it here or Ff.net, as Im not really looking for a new website to check. Best of luck though.

6. Pulsar232

Pulsar232 My Ships Don't Lie

I'll try to keep up but Jesus fuck I have so many forums and websites I follow I'm probably gonna forget. Why was this moved to SFW anyway?

AKrYlIcA and Albert Scoot like this.
  7. Gothicjedi666

Gothicjedi666 Lover and writer of SI fics.

Do we have SFW stories? Since when? :)

8. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Because the author outright said nothing NSFW would be happening in the story. Yet still posted it in NSFW.

9. Greatazuredragon

Greatazuredragon Connoisseur.

Yeah. I use QQ for quite some time, and I have never clicked the little link that leads to the SFW section of it...

Luckly I do have a RR account, so will be able to follow it there.

AKrYlIcA and Zaster like this.
  10. Tiberon

Tiberon Constants & Variables, and all the things Between

Not sure how well I like RR, but rolled up an account just so I could keep tabs on this story of yours dear Zaster. I'll keep up with it wherever you post it mate.

AKrYlIcA and Zaster like this.
  11. Fijili

Fijili Chainsaws and Dinosaurs

Because, as the numbers prove, THAT'S WHERE THE READERS ARE.
    There's a long tradition of posting non-NSFW stories in the NSFW section so that the forum's readers will actually see and read it. The vast majority of us don't care if it's in the "wrong" section. But apparently a few people love ruining good things for the sake of pedantry.

12. Daimonin

Daimonin Lewd the loli!

Where exactly are you getting the numbers that viewership had tanked?
    The number of likes? Most recent chapter is only one to have been posted in since the move to SFW. It already has half the likes the previous chapter did, so obviously people are seeing it. People who watch the thread are worth way more then a random who pops in, likes a chapter or two, and then never returns.
    Besides you claim viewership had tanked as an AN on this very chapter.

If people are subscribed to the story, it doesn't matter where it is anyways, as it pops up on their alerts.

Yeah there might not be a hundred people reading right this moment but slower turn over on page 1 means there doesn't need to be a new post every 30 seconds to keep the story thread visible to casual browsers. Personally I check SFW once every few weeks, check for interesting new stories since I last did so, and subscribe to them.

Sounds like your mind was made up well before the story was moved to where it belongs.

Have you ever considered the 'extra' readers in the NSFW section were only in it for the lewds, and just going be angry voices when they find out there is no plan to ever have any?
    If your story and writing is good, people will read it in either section. If your story needs a bait and switch to pull in the readers...

I don't have RR, nor do I care to make yet another account for one story.

It's a funny cycle.
    No readers in SFW -> Only post stories in NSFW -> No stories in SFW -> No readers in SFW

If everyone is going to post their SFW stories in NSFW to chase 'the numbers', then the two sections may as well be merged into a common Creative Writing section.

13. Cheshirek4t

Cheshirek4t [Verified feline] [Verified genre savvy]

People wanted segs, people didn't get segs, so the peole who wanted segs fucked things over for tge people who were satisfied.
    At least that's the way i think it happened.

14. Qawsed

Qawsed Not too sore, are you?

Oh shit the author just Mirror of erised me. The hat is Nilrem's Horcrux he was Sally old student and the most famous wizard merlin

space turtle likes this.
  15. Sanbashi

Sanbashi Know what you're doing yet?

He posted in The NSFW section for more reasons than numbers.

On FF and SB, there's a tone of shit being thrown his way about Harry being a predator and grooming Hermine. So for that reason, I could see why he'd post it in NSFW.

Dosent really matter sense people managed to chase him off, what a mad house

16. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Thread Necromancy?

In my forum?!

32dahhuio898 and Lucho9 like this.
  17. Zerak

Zerak Well worn.

To hopefully stop this from being necromancy.

There is relevant info regarding this story. There are a few more chapters of this story over on SB.

Your forum?

18. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Our forum!

It's based on a meme advertisement.

'X in my Y?! It's more likely than you'd think!'

32dahhuio898 and Zerak like this.
  19. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Crying shame. I had it on alert so I wouldn't miss it, but I'm not trucking my ass over to another website because you feel slighted because QQ is, well, QQ. I have enough shit to manage as is.

Have a life.

20. Zerak

Zerak Well worn.

Thats fair.

BTW should we keep posting on the thread or stop. Not sure at this point.

21. Sanbashi

Sanbashi Know what you're doing yet?

I didn't know that clicking a button was so difficult for some people. Well my condolences

Zaster likes this.
  22. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Let me help you with that.Since this is effectively dead here now...

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.