1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Saved History (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Charles Flynn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

I don't get why this is reprehensible. Is it because you didn't go the anime way of an honorable fight or some shit?

I mean, the entire of human history is on the line, and not only did you get a near perfect win, you also didn't even have to fight a Demon God Pillar.

Seriously, all the Servants around should be familiar with war and the ugliness of it, why would this be the 'oh god we went too far' moment?

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Just because you've seen some horrible shit doesn't mean you will always be able to not get freaked out about it.

ChestBurster and Charles Flynn like this.
  3. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

Neat, thank you for this chapter. I think it would be faster to list the servants that this display wouldn't find concerning so I'm going to try to list them!
    Vlad, Romulus*, Boudica*, Medea(obviously), Hassan-I-Sabbah, Hassan-I-Sabbah, Yan Qing, Tamamo Cat, Spartacus, and Erik Bloodaxe.
    *I find it unlikely they are unfamiliar with this kind of warfare based on the historical situations that lead them to the Throne, but am uncertain.

Every other servant trends to the "rules of warfare"/honor side if they are familiar with large scale war at all so targeted psychological attacks using corpses, tortured screams, and visible death are going to be poorly received.
    St George is going to be very disappointed in you.

4. Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Charlie's disappointed with himself.

In retrospect, handing over operational command to Medea was something that was practically doomed to go horribly right.

5. Charles Flynn

Because Medea planned out the entire engagement with the sole purpose of making her ex-husband suffer on every conceivable level. Her plans were derailed by Jason killing himself, but she was planning on torturing him to death after eliminating his crew.

Beyond that, the centaurs were all still alive when she introduced the hydra blood to their system and then started draining them, and she took every conceivable measure to prolong their suffering in order to extract more blood. It's not just the Servants that think they went too far, there, it's Charlie himself.

6. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

And considering everything that happened to Medea, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't justified for her to make him suffer that way

7. Charles Flynn

Maybe it was. I'm far from an authority on the precise eye-to-eye equivalency between getting divorced over all the times you broke the local laws and conventions of war and made the both of you social pariahs and torturing your former spouse to death. I leave the judgements on the comparative justness of this act of vengeance to the audience.

But, all the same, it could be said that Medea is playing into her fatal flaw: when she has an objective, she tends to get tunnel vision and go about it in ways that screw over both her and her allies in the long run. In this case, her objective was to make Jason suffer, and in doing so, she alienated her co-workers and immediate employer, and quite handily ensured that she will never be given command again.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  8. Threadmarks: Chapter 86
    Charles Flynn

I take a deep breath as I step out of the scrying cave. Time to go back. It's over. And...

The worst part, as I think about it, is that the entirety of what I witnessed, the great brunt of what I just saw... it could have been one of my plans. No mercy and no quarter. The enemy something less than human, to be disposed of by any means necessary. Anything and everything permitted in order to save humanity.

Is this what the others saw when I took out Lancelot and Gareth? When I had Jeanne Alter and Caligula killed mid-conversation? When I gave Vlad free rein to slaughter as he pleased?

Am I like her?

Do I want to be like her?

-the little Caster, still just a girl, the glowing arrows splitting her apart, one eyelid dangling loosely by a thread from her ruined eyesocket, fluttering ever-so-slightly at the base of the arrow embedded in her head like some grotesque parody of a lowered flag, gasping as-

No. No, I don't want to be like her. I don't want to be anything like her.

But, my strategy, my targeted plans of attack, they're what I do. Can I leave those behind? Can I really just stop doing what's made me so effective thus far? If my methods are necessary to saving humanity, and I abstain from them because they're morally wrong, isn't that the greater evil?

But, at the same time, can I really go through with them? Can I plan like I used to, now that I've seen what my own type of strategies look like without the thrill of victory dulling my sight?

I don't know.

Come on, Charlie, get your head in the game. It's not over yet. Just keep it together a little longer, and then, once you're back on Chaldea, you can work through your newfound crisis of morality on your own time. For now, steel your shoulders, and settle your mind. Gravitas.

I straighten up, and focus on the world around me.

"-if you can hear me, say something!" Roman shouts, and I belatedly realized that I must have been a bit too absorbed in my own thoughts.

"I can hear you."

"Good," he sighs. "You just... spaced out for a bit there, after you left the cave. You all right?"

"I'm-" I start, a lie of my solid and whole mental state on my lips before I stop, thinking the better of it. "No, but I'll manage for the rest of the Singularity."

"If you say so," Roman acquiesces, looking at me with unabashed worry. I'm probably in for some counseling when I get back. "Anyways, now that you're back with us, I can finally tell you what I've been trying to tell you for the minute or two: the Singularity isn't beginning to collapse."

"WHAT?"

"The Rogue Servants aren't dissolving, the World hasn't started its corrections, and the geography hasn't started to normalize."

"We secured the Grail, right?" I ask, my mind racing.

"Yes. And we've confirmed that its previous owners have been terminated." Roman says, shaking his holographic head in frustration. "Without the power of a Holy Grail, the Singularity shouldn't be able to maintain itself."

"The power of a Grail..." I echo, my mind racing. And then it settles.

I need to find Elizabeth.

---​

"Flynn. It's done?" Drake says in greeting as I walk into the secured clearing that houses the Hind's crew.

"Almost." I say. "We've secured the enemy Grail, but for some reason, the Singularity still isn't settling itself properly."

The crew's reactions to that little tidbit are varied, but I keep my eye on Elizabeth. She winces, just the tiniest flinch, and her hand goes to the Grail in her belt loop almost unconsciously.

Theory confirmed.

"The current presiding theory is that the Singularity is being supported by two Grails, and not just one." I continue. Galahad enters the clearing, rejoining me as I requested telepathically a few minutes ago. "Elizabeth, could you hand over your Grail for a moment so we can test it?"

She takes a step back as everyone turns to look at her, her hand tight around the Grail. Her eyes dart around as she realizes that she's cornered.

"Does it..." she stops and clears her throat, blinking tears out of her eyes. "Does it have to end?"

Drake looks at her sadly. "Elizabeth..."

"I-" she starts and stops a few times, her voice failing her. "I don't want this to be over! I don't want to go back! I know it's selfish, but..." she's well and truly crying now, tears rolling down her cheeks. "This... this journey? Sailing with you all and having adventures? For the first time in my life, I felt like I was free! I could be anyone! Do anything! This... this has been the best year of my entire life!" The rest of the crew is crying now, and Drake's face could be carved from granite. "I don't want to go back to the palace, surrounded by rules and scheming, with everyone trying to control me, or make me into something I'm not. I don't want to go back to having all that power and responsibility, just because of who I was born as! I want to stay! I want to go on more adventures with you all! I want... I don't want this to end. I want to be free."

"Elizabeth," Drake interjects, his voice stern, but with an undertone of kindness. "You can still be free when you go back."

"But… I just told you-"

"You told me that you feel free here," Drake interrupts, his tone brooking no argument. "Elizabeth, tell me, do you think I'm free?"

"Well, yes!" she answers heatedly. "You're a man, you're a noble, you're the captain, you can sail anywhere you-"

"And does that make me free?" he asks. "I am your man through and through, my Queen. If you commanded me to die for you, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And no, it's not because of who you were born to, it's because I know you, and I trust you. And even setting aside that I couldn't betray you, there's my wife back home. Do you think I would ever do anything to hurt her? Or to hurt my crew?"

"I... no."

"We're not free creatures by nature, Liz. We bind ourselves to each other even when we try not to. If there's a man alive who's free from that, I'd hate to meet him. And even beyond that, there's laws we can't slip free from, be they that things fall downwards or that all creatures return to their Maker eventually."

"So, what, freedom's an illusion? Just another empty dream?" the young queen looks heartbroken at that.

"Yes, but it's a beautiful one all the same," Sir Drake affirms, actually smiling for the first time since I've met him. "No man or woman is free forever on this Earth, because freedom isn't something concrete. It's in the moments. It's in the rise of the ship on the swell, sun shining down bright in the brilliant blue sky and a soft breeze stirring the sea. It's in returning home and finding that they're still waiting for you. It rests in seconds and minutes, the brightest and briefest, the ones that make you feel like you're taller than the mountains, like if you reached out, you'd touch the sky. And that's not something that can be found only on the deck of a ship, Liz. It won't ever leave you."

"I..." she's crying still, and I am too, although for slightly different reasons. That was easily the most beautiful speech about freedom I've ever heard. Even if it came from a slave trader. "But.. do I have to leave you behind? You're my friends. The first ones I..."

"Idiot." Drake offers, wrapping his arms around her. "Queen or not, you're still one of us, come hell or high water, and nothing's going to change that."

The crew cheers in agreement, and the whole mess quickly becomes a group hug, leaving Galahad and myself sitting awkwardly on the sidelines.

Finally, they break apart, and Captain Drake clears his throat awkwardly. "And if any of you lot ever tell a soul that I ever said something that sappy, I'll keelhaul you myself."

"Aye-aye Captain!" they chorus.

Elizabeth turns to me, tears already drying on her cheeks, and a fragile smile on her face. She makes to hand over the Grail, but stops, hesitation written on her face. "Flynn? Could you... tell me about the future? Not anything important, just... what it's like. Is it..." she doesn't finish the question, but I can see it on her face.

"Is it worth it?"

I could give her a lot of answers, I suppose. A thousand words, and a speech to rival Drake's.

But in the end, there's only one answer that I can give.

"It's a place where people are free. Not everyone, yet, but more than there used to be. And maybe they're not as free as they ought to be, but they're freer than they were."

"I wish I could see it for myself." she muses as she hands Galahad the Grail. I realize, to a certain degree of surprise, that I do too.

The Grail slides into the shield, and the Singularity begins to dissolve.

And as the light of the Rayshift takes me, I see them for the last time. The Queen and her Captain, standing side-by-side.

9. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Thank god it didn't end with some grimderp bullshit about having to kill Elizabeth.

Still, nice of Captain Drake to be there to fix things. 'Oh captain, my captain' indeed, and in turn Drake upheld the motto 'God save the Queen'.

10. KenNM

KenNM Actually 23

Seconded.

A nice way to tie up the Singularity.

11. Threadmarks: Chapter 87
    Charles Flynn

Things return to routine after the Singularity is resolved. At least, as close to the routine as they can get.

Honestly... I'm still in shock, and reevaluating my life choices. So I decide to talk to someone about it.

---​

"So," Georgios begins, staring into the depths of his teacup contemplatively. "You do not wish to be like Medea, but at the same time, you are unsure if it is morally right to abstain from your previous methods if doing so endangers our chances of success. Have I summarized your dilemma accurately?"

"Yes."

We're in the chaplain's office, off to the side of the chapel. The chairs in here are surprisingly comfortable, actually.

"Master, while I do sincerely appreciate your acknowledgement of your flaws and desire to rein yourself in, I feel that you might be a bit too binary in your thinking, here." Georgios offers, after he's finished his contemplations. "While I myself consider your methods dishonorable, I also know that, in a battle as desperately important as this one, trickery and guile can be valuable weapons indeed. I will not deny you your greatest tools."

"So... keep doing what I'm doing?"

"Not exactly, Master." Georgios thinks for a moment, and then continues. "I noticed, on the island of Stheno, that you managed to disable three Servants in rapid succession, all without resorting to violence."

"That really wasn't..."

"You have a gift, Master, for trickery and fast-talking." Georgios interrupts. "I think that you should try to use that more often."

"I suppose I could try to do that,"

"Good. I believe that it would be far more acceptable in His eyes if you were to try to disarm more conflicts with words than violence." Georgios tells me. "Just try. That's all I'm asking. It's all He's asking, too."

Try talking things out instead of immediately resorting to violence, huh? I suppose... I can work with that. I've a big enough stick as is. I just need to learn to speak softly.

And, so fortified, I go on with my day.

---​

The summonings go on, and continue to be fruitful. We only have to kill Kiyohime once.

Also, the creepy guy with a Christine fetish shows up again, and is promptly put down.

---
    "Assassin-Class, True Name Mata Hari! Pleased to meet you, Master! Let's try to get along, all right?" she calls. How the hell did a Twentieth-Century spy and exotic dancer qualify for the Throne? Did the World just think, 'Hey, maybe one day we'll languish at the mercy of a bunch of horny adolescents, and the only way to distract them and save us all will be a striptease?'

"Do you know anything about bartending?" I ask instead.

"Yep!"

"Neat. Go see Dr. Roman."
    ---​

"Servant Archer, True Name David," the lanky redhead calls with a grin. "Glad to meet you again, Flynn."

"Likewise."

"So, what is there for me to do around here?" he asks, looking around.

"Well, unless you're willing to clean the floors," I offer hopefully, to which he shakes his head, "Then I'm not sure where we need labor. Go talk to Dr. Roman."

Two summonings later (we got another goddamn Phantasmal again) Roman storms into the room.

"You summoned David?" he asks indignantly, his lookalike trailing behind him.

"Roman, now is really not a good time," I grunt.

"Yeah, right, sorry," he mutters, before doing a double-take. "Is that a unicorn?"

The enormous white beast froths at the mouth as its baleful red eyes alight on him, redoubling its struggles to escape Georgios' hold as he, Cursed Arm, and Cu try desperately to kill the creature.

"Yes, and it really doesn't like you. You should probably leave, your presence just seems to make it angrier."

He pauses. "Oh, right. They really don't like non-virgins."

"Indeed. I'm slightly surprised you qualify, actually." I shoot back, growing steadily more irritated that this is the second unicorn we've had to put down so far, and Roman's just making things worse. David snickers from behind Roman.

"Wait, why isn't it going after you?"

"Roman. Leave."
    ---​

"Servant Lancer, True Name Musashibo Benkei," the towering Japanese man announces, his face stern.

Hooray! I kinda know him!

"Glad to have you aboard, Lord Benkei. Please see Dr. Roman for your work assignment."

"Yes, my Master." he pauses at the doorway, looking back at us. "There are glowing bloodstains on the walls and floor of your summoning chamber."

"I am aware."

"I wished to make sure that you were," he assures me stoically, still hesitating at the door. "Er… may I ask why-"

"Unicorn incident. We don't have a janitorial team to clean the place up, so we just have to live with the stains." At least Da Vinci took the body away to dissect for parts.

"Ah." He leaves.

"Finally. Alright, Marjani, fire 'er up!"
    ---​

"Servant Rider, True Name Alexander!" the young redheaded man calls. "The future King of Conquerors. A pleasure to meet you!"

"Likewise." I affirm. "Go see Dr. Roman."

As he heads off, I silently affirm to myself that I am never taking him into the field. Servant or not, there's no way in hell I'm dragging a kid into the line of fire.
    ---​

"Servant Rider, True Name Blackbeard!" the towering pillar of a man bellows, his fuses burning bright. "Pleased ta meetcha, Master."

"Just... for the sake of my sanity, if you suddenly start demanding women's panties, or ranting in internet slang, I will have you summarily executed," I inform him. "Are we clear?"

"See, shit like this? Shit like this is why I left the navy." Blackbeard grumbles, giving me the stinkeye.

"Are. We. Clear?"

"Fine, you great buzzkill. I'll leave well enough alone." he concedes with a grimace. "And I was going to have so much fun making them squirm, too."

"I'm not forbidding terrorizing Servants and staff, just forcing you to be creative." I offer. "Trust me, I have no doubt that you'll manage to frighten and disturb them to no end and cause me no end of headaches, regardless of what I try. I'm just keeping you from going about it by giving them fodder for sexual harassment lawsuits."

"Fair enough, Master. I guess you're alright."
    ---​

"Servant Rider, True Name, Ushiwakamaru." the young girl calls, wearing what looks like a samurai-themed stripper outfit. "I've come to- Uh, Master, why aren't you looking at me?"

"Marjani, do you have any spare clothes that'll fit her?" she nods. "Okay, good, no more summonings for today, just take her back to your room and get her some actual clothing."

"Wait, what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Marjani gently takes her by the arm and leads her away. "Hey, Master? Master?"
    ---​

The light shines brightly on the third try of our next summoning session, revealing a tall, thin man in a red cloak. His face is handsome and stern, his hair grey with a few black streaks and meticulously combed, and his bronze, stylized breastplate gleams dully in the light. His left hand rests on the pommel of his blade, and his right is firmly wrapped about the pole of his golden eagle.

"Rejoice, Master of Chaldea! For you have summoned the foremost of Sabers! I am Julius Caesar, champion and savior of Rome!"

"An honor, Mighty Caesar." I say, scanning his stats.

I think I just found myself a new second-in-command.

"In truth, Master, the honor is mine, to join in so noble a cause."

"Very well. After the summoning concludes, I was rather hoping you might review potential tactics during deployment with me." Like hell I'm going to pass up the chance to talk shop with Julius Caesar.
    ---
    But, well, summoning isn't the only responsibility I have. So, it's with no small amount of hesitation that I find myself in front of the witch's door once more.

She opens when I knock.

"Another translation?" she asks.

"Well, yes, but also, I was wondering if I might ask about your capabilities. After your performance in the last Singularity, I feel I've been underutilizing you."

She hesitates, before nodding. "Very well. May I ask what you need my help in translating?"

"I think you might like it, actually."

"Why so?"

"It's about you."

Ovid's Medea. My old Latin teacher would have given her arm to get her hands on this.

"I suppose that might be interesting." She concedes, stepping out and closing the door behind her. I might be imagining it, but I think I see her smile, in the shadows of her hood.

Well, she's probably not going to kill me, so there's that, at least.​

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In fairness to Mata Hari the Throne recognises people as heroes more like how they were recognised in ancient times.

People that committed great, not necessarily good, deeds, and even then several odd people would be considered heroes, like Ganymede and Narcisicus, who were both essentially just pretty boys.

Hari was a spy and there were some stories about her being so beautiful that no man would kill her, so I can see the Throne including her.

It also includes the likes of Mozart and Nursery Rhyme, plus Jack the Ripper, Nero and Caligula.

13. Charles Flynn

True enough. It just took him a bit by surprise.

It should also be added that this is the same rationale of inclusion that most likely allowed Paris and Helen of Troy to be included on the Throne.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  14. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

The Throne of Heroes of is false advertising, it honestly is more of the Throne of the Famous, but it doesn't sound as cool.

15. Charles Flynn

Well, sure, but do you really want to be left standing there when, by some mischance, some of the most justifiably prideful experts in warfare and destruction from all around history are summoned and find out that you dissed them in any way?

Some of the residents are just there because they were famous, sure, but a good number of them are legitimately heroes. They kind of drag the average up quite a bit.

I will admit, however, that it's kind of disappointing that you can summon utter disappointments like Paris in-game, but they still haven't added in the real badasses like Menelaeus, Diomedes, Theseus, and Perseus yet.

16. Delta Green

Delta Green Know what you're doing yet?

Eventually, we'll get to see Diomedes, he who shanked in cold blood the Goddess of Love and defeated the God of War in straight combat.

17. Tuvarkz

Tuvarkz [The Mercenary]

Nasu has plenty of 'reserved' Servants that he has already written plenty of background for so other Nasuverse writers can't just use/write them at will (Odysseus almost got an early cameo in the manga, but Nasu said nope). That being said, with LB5 finally explaining what the Greek Gods were, more Greek servants should pop up when relevant.

18. Reality_Impact

Reality_Impact Abyssal Lurker

I'm sorry but like, I'm laughing cause when I got Alexander I leveled him to max as fast as possible and drag him to as many farming sessions as I can, especially when its DOORS.

19. Charles Flynn

To be honest, that's not entirely comforting. I really don't like what they did with Odysseus in Fate. It just feels like they took away all the things that really made him cool in exchange for making him just another Servant with a ridiculously-powerful Noble Phantasm.

20. Tuvarkz

Tuvarkz [The Mercenary]

Arguable. Odysseus just lost one of his many feats, and then it wasn't entirely vital, as Poseidon ends up bringing the walls of Troy down with an earthquake anyways. His journey remains, and his desire to see his wife remains. The setting only got changed.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  21. Charles Flynn

I didn't actually know that they took the successful usage of the Trojan Horse away from him until now, so thanks, but that really wasn't what I was referring to.

What really ticks me off is the powered armor and the Trojan Horse being a mecha. It's like they thought he was too weak and needed a powerup, and it's honestly just insulting. What made Odysseus awesome wasn't that he was the strongest, or the one with the coolest toys. It was his cunning, and unyielding desire to return home. He would use every tool available, and every last ploy he could devise, so long as it would get him home.

Odysseus as a Servant shouldn't be just another overpowered Age of the Gods servant with ridiculous NPs, he should be a versatile, weak but skilled jack-of-all trades type that uses every means at his disposal to win. Sort of an Anti-Gilgamesh, to be honest. His NPs should be more tactical, something that could only ever really work if you really planned things out.

And getting rid of that? It just turns the narrative of his myth from "beleaguered underdog survives and returns home by using every means available to him, including the occasional divine intervention" to "overpowered hero wins because he had literally everything handed to him."

I don't like their take on Odysseus because it just feels like they looked at Ancient Greek Batman and thought, "This guy is boring. You know what would fix that? Making him Iron Man!"

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If you change this stories version of Odysseus to be like your preferred version, kinda like you changed Caesar, then I predict that he and Charlie will get along swimmingly.

Both are cunning and ruthless, but are doing some horrible things for their loved ones.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  23. Charles Flynn

Thanks.

On another note, at least one of the Singularities will have different Servants appear in it than canon. I'll leave it to you all to guess which one.

LazyGlutton, Silver W. King and Darko like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey would you summon Octavian Augustus as an original Servant in your story?

LazyGlutton and Charles Flynn like this.
  25. Charles Flynn

He won't be summoned as a Servant, but he will in fact be making an appearance.

LazyGlutton and Darko like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can just picture Charlie's inner fanboy doing a little song and dance at seeing one of the key figures that made Rome the ancient powerhouse it was and whose name practically became synonymous with greatness.

LazyGlutton and Charles Flynn like this.
  27. Threadmarks: Chapter 88
    Charles Flynn

"So, supplies are still going strong," Roman sums up. "As a result, we won't have to make a raiding party for another month at the longest."

That gets a wave of relieved sighs. Caesar doesn't join in, of course, still meticulously taking notes.

I'm still not sure how he got himself invited, but, well, he is one of the greatest strategists of all time, why turn him away?

"Now," Roman begins, his eyes serious. "On to the main meat of the meeting: We've found the fifth Singularity."

"Impressive timing," I comment. "It's only been a week since the last one wrapped up, and already we're ready to hit up the next one."

"I can't really take credit for it, this was all Da Vinci." he demurs sheepishly, his hand on the back of his head. "The Singularity is in Victorian London, in the year 1888. We're not entirely sure what the precise nature of the Singularity is, but we'll be deploying tomorrow at 0900."

"Understood. I'll pick out my initial team and brief them on the subject, and familiarize myself with the era."

---​

The next morning, my team of Caesar, Tamamo, Georgios, Cursed Arm, and Cu Chulainn (both Spandex Lancer and Caster) are waiting for me in the Rayshift Chamber.

Mash smiles at me from besides Roman and Da Vinci, and I realize with a pang that I haven't really talked with her since the last Singularity. I'll have to fix that soon.

But for now, it's time to save the world again.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ah now he's going to meet Jackie.

Welp if he thought finding out Nero was a woman a big shock wait until he meets the most infamous serial killer in the world.

If he gets her as a Servant in the future he really needs to treat her right and he'll get his very own Lily.

Truly a wonderful tiny murder machine that makes Illya look like amateur.

29. Charles Flynn

Still going off my own in-game summoning luck, so I can quite honestly say she won't be appearing. All the same, their meeting is one of the scenes in this Singularity that I've been looking forward to writing, second only to Galahad reuniting with Mordred.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So the reunion between the two would be like a high school reunion, but with a lot more death and stabbing than usual.