1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Saved History (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Charles Flynn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. wryyyyy

wryyyyy nautilus

i think the new chaldean master will be gordolf or sion

2. Truck-Sama

Truck-Sama An adventure awaits...

Man that discussion was very fun to read between Glynn, the medical/philosopher servants, and Goetia. Really want a omake of them completing that discussion and enacting Flynn approved plan

LazyGlutton, tjkkwk, Varuna and 5 others like this.
  3. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

HelloThereItsMeGeralt Know what you're doing yet?

Marvellous...

Marvellous...

Using Hassan like that, a simple yet magnificent keikaku.

Charles Flynn if you can, please post the entire debate?

Mash is dead, I mean perma dead?

Waiting for the sequel.

4. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

In order to stop the Human Order Incineration Ritual Flynn made a BEAST1 Correction Ritual to turn it back into the Human Order Correction Ritual? Seems legit. He even did it the same way we do so in real life (communicating consensus). If this is the end it was a wild ride that I mucho enjoyed. Thank you Charles Flynn

5. wryyyyy

wryyyyy nautilus

can you beat all 7 singularities with only mashu like in the anime

6. Hammers_Bjorn

Hammers_Bjorn The Bear with the Hammer

... I just realized something. Beyond using his incredible wealth of historical knowledge to find weaknesses in his opponents, fast-talking people to screw them over, and just plain using ruthless, underhand methodology that no right-minded Fate protag would ever lower themselves into...

The greatest, most effective, most used tactic that Master Charles Flynn used to save the World from the Grand Order is... tactical Hassan deployment. It started with Cursed Arm, then Hundred Faces, and even Serenity got to join the fun with her being critical to help assassinate Alter Cu.

And here, in the end of it all, the crazy bastard actually outdid himself by unleashing the top dog of all Hassans, King Hassan himself, at a Beast.

Magnificently done. No shonen bullshit, no power of friendship shenanigans... just plain, straight out out-keikaku-ing everyone for the win. Not bad for a random mundane. Ritsuka Fujimaru, take notes. This is how you save the world while only being a 'normal' human.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably not, and he already beat all 7 using different Servants, and the same goes for Ritsuka if I remember correctly.

LazyGlutton and Charles Flynn like this.
  8. wryyyyy

wryyyyy nautilus

9. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

Damn this is epic. Loved how he basically befriended one beast in favor of the canon one.

10. Threadmarks: Epilogue
    Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

I drift between light and dark, floating freely, lighter than a feather. I sink below, at peace.

It’s over. I did it.

And then, somehow, I see something. A great light that shines through the darkness into which I descend, a beam of existence. Of meaning.

I AM THE ALIEN GOD. HUMANITY’S TIME HAS COME TO A CLOSE. I HAVE CHOSEN YOU, AND SEVEN OTHERS, TO DECIDE WHAT COMES AFTER.

I think it over. And then I give her the only answer I ever could.

No.

Surprise. Confusion.

IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS, YOU WILL HAVE NO WAY OUT. YOU ARE DEAD. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WAY BACK.

Even so, I will not betray my people.

YOUR PEOPLE’S FATE IS INEVITABLE.

Yes. They will destroy you without a doubt. Now leave me to my rest and prepare for them to send you to join me.

Rage. A hatred to split the stars asunder. And then the presence is gone, and I return to my sleep, content.

They’ll be greater than I ever was.

---​

I walk down the street, staring at the little blue house, so familiar I could see it in my sleep. And then I cross the street, and make my way to the door, every step feeling heavier than a mountain.

It’s the same as I remember it. I ring the doorbell, and hear the dogs start to bark, as tears trickle down my face.

And as the door begins to open, I know it, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It’s over.

I’m home.

11. Charles Flynn

It's been a journey and a half, but How I Saved History is finally done. Thanks for sticking with me.

A sequel, entitled How I Screwed Up Big Time, starring the inimitable Kirchtaria Wodime, will enter development whenever Cosmos in the Lostbelt wraps up. I hope to see you then.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well...This has been an enjoyable experience.

Hope we continue it with the sequel.

Good luck.

13. Me. Joka-r

Me. Joka-r Professional Procrastinator

Ohhhhh..... honestly my first finished fic on qq.
    BTW when cosmos ends as in... in jp or na? Cause am looking forward for the next one.

14. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

This has been one hell of a ride thank you.

15. wryyyyy

wryyyyy nautilus

out o all place a fgo story will be finished its in the sfw section of qq
    edit: also is it weird that flynn really likes his dog

16. K70Amam()to

K70Amam()to Legion of Badassitude Member #24601-Coom Raider

Love the flipping off of olga's corrupter and / or corpsejacker.

that sir was worth going through all of this...

Shame about mash though.

17. Saturn White

Saturn White Making the rounds.

This was really good. Thanks.
    So, is Wodime gonna be the protagonist next time around? I honestly wouldn't mind. I really liked the guy.

18. ThreeTridents333

ThreeTridents333 Getting sticky.

Will we also be getting a post-epilogue of how Chaldea is reacting/doing after the Goetia battle? Do the pseudo singularities (Besides Shimosa) not happen anymore because canon’s “Demon Pillars escaping after Goetia’s defeat” got diverted by Fou taking control of all them? Or are these things you will explored in the sequel?
    Also, Romani is still alive with the ring since he didn’t have to intercept Goetia, right?

Either way, it’s been a fun ride! Thanks for writing this

19. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

A very nice tidying up; Charlie's tone is also genuine, I can believe he has faith and is soul-tired. I should be at the next one if the Follow function works the way I think it does.

20. wryyyyy

wryyyyy nautilus

hmm in the original timeline gil,s team was tomoe, ibaraki, amakus, leonida, ushiwakamaru, benkei, and fuuma
    what,s the team in this timeline

Charles Flynn likes this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Odyssey, Dyomedes, Merlin, Perseus.

These are the ones I remember.

22. Charles Flynn

Odysseus as Archer, Merlin as Caster, Leonidas as Lancer, Perseus as Rider, and Diomedes as Berserker. Sigmund (Sigurd's dad) was summoned as their team's Saber, and died stopping Girtablilu. And, of course, Heracles was summoned as Gilgamesh's Assassin. He was present in a little more than half of the Babylonia chapters.

23. Illariai

Illariai I trust you know where the happy button is?

Y'know, Flynn quite possibly made it onto the throne of heroes. Not for power, not for a great history, but as that one guy who somehow pulled off the impossible, even as he sacrificed himself.

Plus, Chaldea now likely has Goetia as an assistant, not to mention that Flynn will likely make a dramatic return from the grave when he is needed the most.

24. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

HelloThereItsMeGeralt Know what you're doing yet?

As much I would love to see this, I do not think there are many who would like to see MC back. As for thrones, his legend is not known yes? How many will know and believe it?

Charles Flynn, where is that home? Where MC end up?

Popp3d, LazyGlutton, tjkkwk and 4 others like this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He either ended up in the afterlife, or that was some kind of hallucination before he died.

26. Charles Flynn

Indeed. The necromancy he proposed wouldn't bring the real him back, it would just use the soul fragments he left behind to reanimate his corpse, leaving it an abomination in neverending pain, forced to obey its master's orders, in a fate worse than death. If he ended up on the Throne, it would only ever be as a Counter Guardian.

He's dead. He's not coming back, not really, no matter what Chaldea uses his corpse for. As for where he ended up, that's open to interpretation.

27. Potates

Potates Degenerate Spud

Next Isekai smash hit: I Saved the World and Died In the Process but Instead of Going to a Proper Afterlife I Ended Up in a Generic Medieval Fantasy World with My Dog Where All The Knights are Small Girls Who Want to Give Me Their Pantsu for Some Reason.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm guessing that if Wodime gets revived in the sequel then his condition is going to be different than just being in eternal pain?

Given some of the anime that have been made I can see this happening.

29. Charles Flynn

Wodime's in a different situation. His soul hadn't moved on yet, which is how the Alien God was capable of making its offer.

Flynn got the same offer (because Wodime is just flat-out too damn nice) and turned it down. He's gone. The necromantic Master that Chaldea will make from his remains is less Lazarus, more Pet Sematary.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Right forgot that he was still alive.

Well if you can call his current condition alive at any rate.

Achilles better watch his heel then.