• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.

I Must Create Every Monster Girl Myself Then!!!

Chapter 50: Utarou Nishimura, 30, Japan New
Utarou blinked a few times, wondering if he was having one of his old stress dreams again.

He was standing just at the gate, metro card in hand, the morning rush of people getting to work and school were bustling as he stood still, wearing his full suit and uncomfortable shoes.

"Excuse me, is everything alright?" One of the station staff asked.

"Y-yeah." Utarou muttered, turning around and seeing the massive crowd of people trying to get through. He turned around and quickly left the station, finding himself back in Japan.

It was a sunny summer afternoon, the streets were busy and the cicadas chirping was deafening, even in the city.

Utarou grabbed his phone, it was May 25th, the morning after he died.

In that first year, during his initial depression, he'd thought heavily about what he'd give to be here today.

Now it was a waking nightmare.

"This can't be real…" Utarou muttered again, walking into a nearby convenience store. If it was a dream, or a memory, it was too perfect, every single thing was right.

He grabbed a pair of scissors and brought it to the counter.

"Will that be all today sir?" The cashier asked politely.

"Hey, do you think this is real?" Utarou asked suddenly as he took the scissors out of the package.

The cashier stepped back, Utarou didn't sound sane.

"Excuse me?" She asked nervously.

"Because if it is, then I'll be just fine." Utarou laughed, looking at the scissors, pausing and throwing a handful of notes onto the counter.


…
​

Utarou returned to his apartment, immediately putting his phone on silent after the first call from his boss, probably would've been him shouting demanding to know where he was.

It was the small shoddy 1k apartment he'd been living in since getting this job, stuffed to the brim with shelves of figures.

All monster girls, of course.

He kicked his shoes off and threw his newly bought pair of scissors onto his small kitchen counter.

"I didn't think I'd get to see these again…" Utarou mumbled, he'd dreamed about being able to indulge in the experience of his collection once more.

But something about it felt hollow now.

A figure of a slime girl could hardly compare to the real thing could it?

Perhaps the promise of a real lamia, a real cat girl and everything else, overwhelmed any feeling he could feel towards these mere pieces of plastic.

Utarou grabbed the scissors.


…
​

"And when did you start having these fantasies?" The doctor asked calmly.

"I told you, they were real. I died May 24th. Look! How could someone survive doing that stupid dance, I was basically asking to be burnt to death!" Utarou shouted, his left hand still heavily bandaged from last week.

"Mhm, I understand that stress can cause-"

"Look, I don't have to deal with this, I was Duke of Dracons! King Oldsman himself appointed me! I'm a Blessed Being! Perfect Immortality! The perfect isekai fantasy except for the lack of Monster Girls… But that's why I was sent there! That's what they need me for!" Utarou exclaimed, standing up in the psychiatrist's office.

"I see… Well I think I've heard enough. Utarou if you could-"

Utarou suddenly felt his heart drop, this was all feeling so real.

It was scarily real.

It was a nightmare.

He'd never be able to go back.


…
​

Utarou gasped as he had his hand pulled out by Aitkens.

"Woah woah! Sorry for keepin' ya in there so long, ye demonicness needed to be tested the most." Aitkens apologised as Utarou blinked back to life.

He was in Nugenesis, his hand was fine.

"What… was… that?" Utarou panted, pointing at the box that had shown him such a frightening vision.

Aitkens laughed and offered his hand to Utarou.

"Just a box filled with enough spice to take even a demon to another world, I apologise for all the mystery but demons fake everything, so the best way to test em is to confuse em with something like this. They react in bizarre ways instead of what ye did." Aitkens explained quietly.

"R-right… Just a vision then…" Utarou nodded, it had felt a lot more real than he would've liked.

All the while, Hope let out a sigh of relief.

"What?! What did you hear?" Penelope gasped, she knew Hope had superior senses.

"Nothing, nothing at all." Hope said, leaning back and relaxing once it became clear the dwarves truly meant them no harm.

"ALRIGHT! Who's next?" Aitkens shouted, keeping Utarou hidden behind the curtain.
 
Been busy writing the volume 1 release for alight novel contest, sorry about the delay! Hoping this can get published tho
 
Chapter 51: Many Happy Family Memories New
Hope stood in front of the box.

"I apologise but this is for thoroughness. He's staying quiet because I asked him." Aitkens said, scratching his beard as he opened the flap.

She saw Utarou give a thumbs up, wearing a blanket Aitkens had given him around his waist to give him some decency.

Hope said nothing and put her hand into the box.


…
​

"BAHARAH! The yellow eyed one's still breathing!" A painfully familiar voice filled Hope's ears, her entire body was burning, as if it was on fire.

She was back in the slave camp where she was born.

"Another lashing sir?" Another familiar voice

"Hmpth, no we better keep the freak alive, I've heard a Sultan from the south is coming through, apparently he likes collecting concubines with unique traits." The man scoffed.

Hope could barely look up.

She couldn't forget his face, it was one of pure evil and malice.

It was the man who'd done unspeakable things to her mother.

Her former master.

It was the night after she'd escaped, but a vision of what would've happened if she had failed.

As brutally real as a vision could feel.


…
​

Hope ripped her hand out, stifling tears as she glared at Aitkens.

"Ah, I'm sorry. We can't control what ye see…" Aitkens apologized.

"Why… Why would you do that…" Hope hissed, grabbing her back to confirm there weren't any fresh wounds and it was all an illusion.

"Demons be creatures made of lies, show em somethin' like that and it all unravels, no matter how smart they be." Aitkens explained, offering a cup of water for Hope.

"Are you satisfied then?" Hope asked, snatching the cup and wiping the tears from her face.

"Yes ma'am, I sincerely apologise once again." Aitken sighed.

"BRING IN THE NEXT ONE!" Aitkens shouted as Hope joined Utarou, sitting on a rock.

"You, uh, alright?" Utaoru asked, being entirely lacking in even the most basic emotional comprehension to handle any kind of conversation. Hope nodded.

"It was like a nightmare I used to have, just a lot more real. How about you?" Hope asked, seemingly wanting to move on as quickly as possible from the subject.

"Same, I was back in Japan working." Utarou shuddered.

"How awful…" Hope snarked.

"Just place ye hand in the box, I apologise for all the myst-" Aitkens began as he dragged Penelope in, who immediately started trying to read the runes on the box.

"Box… Danger…" Penelope sounded out as she traced the runes.

"H-hey!? You can read Runic?!" Aitkens asked incredulously.

"A little, we used to have a Dwarven trader visit our village and he taught me a little." Penelope shrugged. Aitkens nodded appreciatively.

"Well so far ya all been safe, we just gotta be safe when it comes to demons y'know." Aitkens explained. Penelope shrugged.

"Ah it's fine, what's the worst that could happen."


…
​

"A-Adam! You're Templar! You have a vow of celibacy." Penelope gasped as a particularly bishojo looking illusion of Adam placed his comically large hands on the wall above her head. He lowered his very tall body so that his very long face with a very sharp chin was more at Penelope's eye level, so she could see his extremely shiney eyes.

"But my feelings for you go beyond any vow I may have made." Bishojo Adam said in a very stupid and annoying voice that for some god forsaken reason Penelope found attractive.

"O-Ooh Adam~!" Penelope cooed, as she was ripped out of the illusion box by Aitkens.

"H-huh?" Penelope blinked as she looked around, seeing Hope and Utarou stifling their laughter.

"It was uh, an illusion… You were talking out loud though." Aitkens explained.

Penelope turned beat red.

"I-is this the nightmare…" Penelope whimpered as she sat far away from the others, burying her hands in her face.

"ALRIGHTY! NEXT!" Aitkens shouted.


…
​

"Uh, hi?" Pinklia asked, she was in a massive hall with a thousand other Julia's of varying shapes, sizes and colours.

"Oh look who finally decided to join." A red variant scoffed.

"Yeah… Sorry I seem to be a little lost, what is this?" Pinklia asked, confused as to what was exactly occurring.

"HAH! Grandma's starting to lose it! Just split already and leave it to us!" A purple variant declared cockily.

"Huh?"

"Guys come on! She's the last Julia!" A familiar looking blue Julia said defensively.

"Pft, you're just saying that because you like to pretend you're the real one still." A massive green variant growled, in a deep gargling voice.

"I-I don't! I'm just Blue!" The blue variant.

"You're the real one right? You still remember your name right?" The blue one asked, somewhat desperately.

"Y-yeah, of course I do!" Pinklia retorted.

"Go on then granny, say it." The red variant chimed in.

"Yeah! Say it!" A light grey variant shouted.

Eventually there was a chorus of women, who looked somewhat like her, but were very clearly not her, shouting at her to say her name.

"I-I-I'm…" Pinklia stammered.

Her name was gone.

She couldn't remember it.

Who was she again?


…
​

Pinklia bolted out of the box, her body struggling to compose itself as she felt herself.

"I'm Julia… I'm Julia…" She muttered to herself as Aitkens gave his usual apology spiel and explanation of why this was necessary.

"You alright Julia?" Hope asked as she patted on a spot for Pinklia to sit.

"Y-yeah… It was horrible… And strange…" Pinklia muttered, feeling significantly more relaxed once she heard her name.

"ALRIGHT! LAST ONE! BRING THE BOY AND HIS DRAGON IN!" Aitkens shouted, taking down the screen, where Junior was sitting cross legged in the cell by himself, Rhiney having moved to be practically on top of the gunner dwarves, who were needless to say, terrified.

"Our turn Rhiney! C'mon stop scaring these guys, heh." Junior laughed smugly, immensely cocky now that he'd got his dragon back.

Strutting over, he saw everyone sitting just away from Aitkens.

"Now, I'm gonna have to ask ye to uh, get ye dragon to put his finger in 'ere." Aitkens requested, looking up at Rhiney, who was scowling at the platoon of gunners aiming their rifles at his head.

"And then you'll let us go?" Junior demanded.

"Yes yes lad, I assure you we want to make amends for this misunderstanding, but we gotta verify ye beasty ain't a demon." Aitkens said apologetically.

Junior scoffed.

"I want a steak after this… Extra garlic!" Junior demanded. Aitkens laughed.

"Of course lad, absolutely! Least we can do. Soon as we get ye beastie tested." Aitkens swore, taking several steps back.

"Hmm, alright, Rhiney! Put your hand in the thing." Junior commanded. Rhiney scowled but obliged, dumping one claw into the box. The gunners took several steps back.

Immediately something was off, Hope jumped up and grabbed Junior the moment before Rhiney began to fall, just barely escaping being crushed by him.

"W-what did you do to Rhiney?!" Junior shouted as he saw Rhiney fall to the ground, lifeless for a second until he heard his familiar snore.

"Phew! Sorry lad! We never get a chance to see if these spores work on monsters like they're supposed to!" Aitkens laughed as he pulled the box off of Rhiney's claw, the fall cracking the box slightly.

"Is that all it does to demons?!" Hope asked incredulously. Aitkens shook his head.

"Nay nay, the spores 'n here are spiritually attuned ya see." Aitkens explained as he set it back up.

"Boy, ye care to finish it for us so I can explain everythin'? I doubt ye be a demon but one can't be too certain." Aitkens asked. Hope sighed as Junior grumbled.

"Fine…" Junior mumbled as he walked over. Placing his hand into the box, he immediately passed out as well.

"Junior?!" Hope exclaimed, running over.

"That… that is a wee bit odd." Aitkens admitted. Hope quickly checked the boy and confirmed he was just sleeping.

"You said these were spiritually attuned spores?" Penelope asked, having gotten over her intense embarrassment to start bombarding the Dwarves with questions.

"Ah, before any of that… BOYS! UPDATE THY PRIORS! THESE BE GUESTS! PREPARE THE APOLOGY DINNER!" Aitkens shouted. The gunners put down their rifles and saluted.

"SIR YES SIR! PREPARING FEAST FORMATION 23B" The men replied in unison, including Meadchin who was still several hundred paces away.

"Tired…" Junior mumbled as Hope confirmed he was breathing fine, letting out an audible sigh of relief.

"Allow me to formally apologize once again, I'll explain everything once you're all fed and with a good drink in hand!" Aitkens declared, joining in with his men to prepare the meal, much to the group's bafflement.

They were about to experience a Dwarven Apology.
 
Chapter 52: A Dwarven Apology New
"Is this normal?" Hope whispered to Pinklia as they watched the platoon of men change into a workforce, preparing food, having set up a surprisingly immaculate table from seemingly nowhere and insisting that the group sit, drink and relax.

"Dwarves are… passionate I guess?" Pinklia whispered back.

Rhiney and Junior were passed out while Utarou and Penelope accosted Aitkens with questions he either wouldn't answer, couldn't answer or occasionally, answered.

"Where can I get your rifles from!?"

"Can't tell ya,"

"How are you storing all of that magic?!"

"Can't tell ya,"

"Can I see how it works?!"

"Can't tell ya,"

"ARRGH! CAN YOU TELL ME ANYTHING?!" Penelope screamed, collapsing to the ground in impotent academic rage.

"Do you have monster girls?!"

"No,"

"Darnnit." Utarou snapped, just because he was making every monster girl himself didn't mean he wouldn't take some freebies.

"I'm sorry but our apology only extends to repairin' ya and feedin' ya. Trade secrets stay secret." Aitkens sighed, eyes wandering over to Pinklia.

"You guys suck." Penelope whined as she stomped off. As she did, Utarou leaned in and whispered.

"Alright you guys can tell me, mechanical girls? Doll girls? Living dolls? Golem girls? Give me the goods you can trust me, we're buddies, we speak the same language here," Utarou whispered, Aitkens jumping back in disgust and shock.

"Ya speakin' of somethin' which I have no care of learnin' about! Now go on and enjoy a nice meal!" Aitkens demanded.

"Sir yes sir!" Utarou saluted, turning around to see that while he was pestering Aitkens, a massive stone table had been set up, with each of Utarou's squad being given a full 3 course meal already.

Utarou was taken aback at the speed and efficiency, a part of his Japanese soul couldn't help but appreciate it.

"This is a lot…" Hope exclaimed, looking at the large feat laid before her as the platoon of dwarves sat down, opening their rations and placing them on the stone plates.

"We are making the score even! Now let us say our prayers." Aitkens shouted from the head of the table opposite of where the squad was sitting.

The dwarves immediately placed their thumbs and pointer fingers together to form a triangle, then flipped it so their pointer fingers would be facing down.

Only Penelope tried to copy the dwarves, while the rest of the squad just watched on awkwardly, Junior being the only one rude enough to already start eating.

"Oh heavenly father, we praise your systems, may we thank you for the divine intervention that resulted in our passions being severed. Amen," The dwarves prayed in unison.

"P-praise the systems!" Penelope added awkwardly at the end, earning nothing but a quick glare from several of the dwarves.

"Ahem, well dig in!"

The dwarves quickly opened their rations, simple baked potatoes with butter.

The squad meanwhile all had large steaks, fried potatoes, sausages, mashed potatoes and a jammy slice of bread.

It was a lot of food.

Far too much for any of them to eat, though Junior was trying valiantly to eat it all.

Pinklia could only look at her portion guiltily.

"You're allowed to eat it you know." Hope offered softly, taking delicate bites of the jammy toast.

"I-I know I just, well it'd be a waste… You know… Can't digest it…" Pinklia muttered, catching the attention of Meachin.

"Aye, lassie what can ya eat?" Meachin asked urgently. Penelope got an idea and quickly injected herself into the conversation.

"Well, those magical cells you have would certainly do the trick I'm sure!" Penelope declared over Pinklia, who could only awkwardly agree.

"Eh? Well, I suppose ye make a point. The golem made from pink slime eatin' aether follows… I must say, she's impressive craftsman ship, an original design?" Meachin asked Penelope, having made many assumptions leading to him asking that question as he grabbed a bright yellow glowing cube and placed it in front of Pinklia.

"H-huh?" Pinklia stammered as she looked between Penelope, Meachin and the cube.

"You DO have Golem Girls?!" Utarou shouted.

"Argh damnit, UPDATE THY PRIORS! THE SLIME AIN'T A GOLEM!" Meachin shouted.

"FOR LOGOS!" The dwarves shouted back in unison.

"Still, what kind of creature do ye be, fae or logical?" Meachin asked the ever more confused Pinklia.

"I-I'm just uhhh…"

"A SLIME GIRL! THE VERY FIRST!" Utarou declared proudly.

"Y-yes…" Pinklia mumbled, showing off her skill tree.

"By the Saviour's sweaty balls… Ye only have two skills." Meachin remarked, it was something he'd never seen before.

"W-well I just have my-" Pinklia began before properly looking at her skill tree.

"OH MY GOSH! WHAT IS THIS?!" Penelope squealed as she ripped her notebook out and started writing.

Soon everyone had arrived to look at someone no one had ever quite seen before.

Animals only had a legacy skill.

Monsters only have skills.

The thing that every civilization used to define what was more than an animal, was the fact you had a Legacy Skill and Skills branching off of it.

Every religion had to make caveats for Blessed Beings due to their unique position.

But these were well understood categories.

Unambiguous.

You either had no skills, or many skills.

Pinklia, had 1 singular skill branching off of the central Slimenoid node.

A new Tier 1 skill called "Elemental Resistance."

It granted 10% protection against extreme heat and cold.

"By the lord… This is… We need to update the priors…Everyone in the clans needs their priors updated!" Aitkens gasped, he was in shock.

"This goes against one of the first priors…" Meachin remarked, he was aghast.

The squad were baffled.

But Pinklia most of all had a sinking feeling where her stomach would be normally.

Why would she have a new skill relating to extreme heat and cold now?

She feared the answer involved the frozen Julia in Lolcons.
 
Chapter 53: Repairing New
"Alright! Little to the left, little more…" Barney directed.

The reconstruction was slow and steady, but with Adam having annihilated every goblin, troll and orc in the fledgling Kingdom of Monsteria the people of Dryholm could now trade freely, and rebuild.

Julia's stretchy body and superior strength also helped.

Currently she was using herself as a makeshift crane, hauling out a giant boulder over the ruined walls.

"And alright, right here!" Barney shouted, Julia letting go and sighing in relief as the tension was suddenly released, her arm snapping back and splitting her into two as she rolled backwards, into the Templar himself.

"Hey dick." Twolia spat, the drop disintegrating before getting close to him.

"Glad to see you're rebuilding," Adam laughed, the villagers looking at him with some reverence.

His skill, Perfection, granted him a golden glow that made it difficult to miss him.

The golden slashes of light he'd used to eliminate the horde were also hard to look away from.

The knowledge that he could wipe the province off the map singlehandedly, made him impossible to look away from.

"I thought you were scouting out that area with ol' Henrek?" Barney asked, casually approaching the man before suddenly lunging to try and get a sneak attack in with his fist.

Adam raised his pinky, completely stopping Barney's attack like he'd just hit a brick wall.

"ARGH Damnit, ya too fast still," Barney laughed as he shook his hand, feeling the pulsing of a fracture already.

"One of the benefits of the Holy Path. Perhaps your daughter will properly inherit that Dragon Blood skill eh?" Adam laughed.

"Bah, I just get that ol' XP boost lil' Julia got from hittin' ya and who knows what I could find for myself!" Barney laughed, attempting to place an arm around the Templar, but Adam had stepped away in the blink of an eye.

"While I appreciate the affection and intention, I must decline." Adam explained clearly, tossing a book towards Julia.

"What's this?" Julia asked as she walked back into herself.

"Something I thought you'd find interesting," Adam explained before disappearing once again.

"Blergh, hate it when he does that…" Julia grumbled as she opened the book.

"I can't read this." Julia said flatly.

"Hmm, anyone 'ere what can read?" Barney shouted, the peasantry shaking their heads.

"I-I can sir!" Hans shouted from the watch tower.

"Get over here then!"

Quickly running down, the short looking man unceremoniously handed the book and began to read.

"48th experiment… Results have been unsuccessful… Slime material contains the soul but does not have capacity for…" Hans trailed off as he read ahead, looking up at Julia and back at the book several times in quick succession.

"Lemme guess, that's from wherever the Pink one was." Julia sighed as she rolled her eyes.

"Y-yeah it uh… Hold on…" Hans quickly flipped through what was revealing itself to be an alchemists notebook.

"I have received an interesting slime sample from… the former Vicar of Dracons."

There was a beat of silence as Barney realized how many listeners there were.

"C'mon let's read this in the wall tower." Barney muttered, Adam had dropped this


…
​

"Argh, alright, let's start straightenin' some things out… Official Kingly things…" Barney grumbled as he looked at the group he'd assembled.

The notebook contained a lot of troubling information regarding Pinklia's creation and what Vicar John had done after escaping and he needed to try and figure it all out.

Barney, May, Bluelia, Hans, Rufus and Garf all sat at the round table in the wall tower, while the two toddlers of Lilly and Autumn were playing in a makeshift pen so they didn't wander towards the large fire.

"Go on and spit it out already, I was busy preparin' today's dragon meat." May grumbled.

"Y-yeah I'm sorry ma'am but you know how Julia-"

"Pinklia." Bluelia interrupted.

"R-right, Pinklia, how she got here from Burtcons and how she eats." Hans explained as he laid out the alchemists journal.

"Bah, what about it? Poor lass was a mess and starvin' when she got here!" May sighed.

"Well, let me just read this all from the beginning…" Hans sighed, taking a deep breath to prepare.

"I have received an interesting slime sample from the former Vicar of Dracons. He claims it was once a person and wishes me to try and heal it. I suspect the man has gone mad, however this sample is utterly fascinating to me nevertheless. It appears to be functionally identical to a regular slime, however it possesses no will, no capacity to exert itself, it simply reacts to stimuli as if it were brainless."

"Yeah lemme tell you, it wasn't pleasant! All I could do was feel time pass and things on my surface," Bluelia interjected, visibly shuddering at the memory.

"R-right, but this is the part that's concerning…" Hans coughed as he flipped to another page he'd marked.

"I've made a breakthrough, this slime DOES seem to possess a soul of some kind, it is alive but immobile, disabled in some ways perhaps. The Vicar left weeks ago, but I will be sending him word of the news. Now that I have identified the spirit of this creature, I can now begin my experiments in earnest. Having grown my own mass I have plenty of material to experiment with."

"Well, duh, of course I have a soul. See?" Bluelia scoffed, revealing her skill tree.

One large Legacy Skill labelled Slimenoid, with two skills branching off of it.

A tier 1 skill labelled "Elemental Resistance", and branching off of that, a tier 1 skill labelled "Greater Ice Resistance".

Everyone in the room stared at it in shock.

The first to break the silence was Garf.

"Hmpth, that's odd." Garf remarked monotonically.

"What the hell…" Bluelias gasped, she had been getting XP and skill points, but without anywhere to spend them she figured she'd become like Utarou or Adam, a new Blessed Being.

Without thinking about it, she unlocked the skills, her slime colouring becoming a slightly darker and deeper blue.

"Aurgh Saviour vivisected… All this skills nonsense ain't for me," Barney grumbled as he rubbed his temples.

"I-I guess I should finish…" Hans coughed as he awkwardly flipped to the final marked passage.

"I've managed to change the gel's physical properties without damaging the soul! The process was grueling however I believe the mechanism should be replicable should I find any more of this peculiar slime. A high temperature and exposure to a specific set of compounds was all that I needed to do! I will leave the recipe somewhere safe, and I will not inform the Vicar of this. I fear this development in mana storage may make me a marked man by the church. Should this book be found outside of my lab, assume I am dead. Should you attempt to replicate this experiment I apologize for my secrecy, but with the church possessing the skill Perfection once again means I need some kind of leverage should the monster craft accusations come."

The room was silent.

"The… The Church has the other Grey Julia… right?" Rufus asked anxiously.

"Yep… This is why I needed you all here. I can't tell if we're being threatened or if a cure for that other Julia is being proposed." Barney sighed

"Bah! Who cares, you have the real Julia right here!" Bluelia scoffed, kicking her slightly more navy coloured legs up onto the table.

Everyone looked at Bluelia.

"R-right?"
 
Chapter 54: The First Prior New
Aitkens had been placed in a very troubling position.

You see, he'd been presented with something which threatened the First Prior.

The First Prior, as said by the Saviour themself.

"All that is natural on this earth has been given structure by the father. All that is not, exists in ever changing chaos." Gaia 2:28

The Cult of Logos had taken this to its natural conclusion.

Everything natural could be documented and understood.

The soul itself was an ordered list.

Monsters souls were collections that would constantly shift and change.

Natural souls were clearly defined paths presented by Logos.

They could not shift, they were like the earth itself.

But every dwarf knew that the earth could crumble if you dug too deep.

Pinklia had dug too deep.

And was going deeper.

He could only stare as a new Tier 1 skill appeared from nothing in the slimenoid skill tree.

"Enhanced Regeneration."

Pinklia was actively panicking while the Dwarves looked to their leader.

They were all scrambling internally, every assumption about reality had been built off of the immutable nature of the soul, its structure being ordered by Logos directly.

Was this the creation of a new species before their very eyes?

Was this a demon deceiving them?

Was this something else entirely?

They didn't know.

They didn't know how to start knowing.

They didn't know what this meant for every other prior.

The squad was equally confused, all but one person.

"So, you're having a crisis of faith? How about we make a trade deal," Utarou offered, an evil grin stretching across his face.

"W-what? By Logos, what priors could you POSSIBLY give us to understand this!" Aitkens shouted, still reeling from how much this could change everything.

"It's simple, you borrow half of Julia here, treat her as you have treated us now, well fed, safe, secure, and we take some of your guns," Utarou offered smugly.

"Absolutely not!" Pinklia immediately shouted, closing her skill tree and shuddering. She never wanted to split, especially if her halves would be separated by that much of a distance. The psychic static would be unbearable across more than a field, she didn't want to test what happens even further out than that.

"Fine, the whole woman, plus we keep constant connection with some of your radios," Utarou corrected.

"Utarou, you can't just decide that." Hope scowled.

"Look, we need weapons, we'll be able to communicate with the radios, plus Pinklia needs fattening up with mana still right?" Utarou asked rhetorically.

"Yeah! Besides, just think about all of that dwarven knowledge… I wanna go with Pinklia!" Penelope volunteered quickly.

"What?! No! Julia what do you want?" Hope asked.

"I-I-I'm not sure…"

The squad descended into bickering about who could and would do what, while Aitkens could feel the gears slowly turn in his head.

This was the biggest prior to be updated not just throughout his clan, but every single dwarven clan.

It could change everything if they studied it.

But to ignore it would be a sin of which his soul could not bear.

"ARGH! Fine ye western softies. Ya win. Ye can have whatever you can carry, in exchange we'll take the pink one. Blue haired girl, ye can come with us too. I swear on my honour you'll be well fed and safe," Aitkens vowed, looking towards his platoon.

They could only nod.

"H-hold on they haven't agreed to anything yet!" Hope interjected.

"Oh trust me I've agreed. Come on Pinklia we gotta check out what the dwarves have going on!" Penelope begged, getting on her knees to be eye level with the still shrunken pink slime girl.

"Y-yeah, I think it's the right idea Hope… You need the weapons and I need the mana and… well they clearly have a lot…" Pinklia explained awkwardly looking at everyone staring at her.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to." Hope asked seriously, grabbing Pinklia's hands.

"I'm sure… I want to save everyone in Dryholm." Pinklia asserted.

"YES THANK YOU! Add it to the deal that I want access to dwarven records!" Penelope asserted.

"Hmpth, you will get some."

"I'll take it!~" Penelope cooed.

It was a heavy price, the first crack in the impenetrable Dwarven culture in a millenia.

But it was one worth paying to ensure the first prior could be corrected.
 
Chapter 55: Dwarven Invention New
"What is that?" Henrek asked incredulously as he looked at everything Utarou had managed to swindle from the Dwarves. Rhiney was sleeping after a hard journey, his harness having been repaired and improved by the dwarven craftsmen at Juniors demand for it to be more comfortable for the dragon, the haul of weaponry and technology sprawled out where a house used to be.

Every single piece of equipment they hadn't blown up was now in Dryholm.

"Never mind that! Where is the boy?!" May screamed, pushing through the crowd to find Junior, who was scratching Rhiney's chin.

"Uh oh…" Junior gulped as he saw his mother approaching.

She was angry.

She was terrified.

She was torn between hitting the boy and hugging him.

So she did both.

"ARGH! Never do that again ye little idjit!" May wailed as she hugged Junior so tightly he thought she might just snap his neck.

"O-okay! S-stop! I can't… breathe…" Junior gasped with his mother seemingly not hearing or not caring.

Hope ran into her husband's arms and scooped up Lilly.

"Mama!" Lilly cooed, her glowing red eyes matching her mothers own glowing yellow eyes.

"Where's Julia?" Henrek asked seriously as he noticed his pink slime sister was absent.

"Right here!" Bluelia asserted, sliding into the conversation almost confrontationally.

"O-Oh, it's a long story but… She's safe. Don't worry." Hope explained, clearly, looking deep into her husband's eyes.

Henrek scowled.

"Fine, I trust you. Penelope is with her then?" Henrek summarised, noting the other absence.

"Yes, they're staying with the dwarves. We have this… Magic… Ear?" Hope explained unconfidently. Utarou had spent much of the journey back trying to explain the concept of radio to the woman, who simply couldn't grasp it.

Henrek looked to Utarou, who was smugly holding the device.

It was a large wooden and metal box with a dial, a speaker built into the box and a microphone in the shape of a metal cone on a coiled wire. Its side had a large compartment for its magical battery which was the component Utarou needed to figure out the fastest.

The dwarves may have readily handed over their equipment, but their knowledge was still sacrosanct.

"Ooo baby, I'm looking forward to this…" Utarou grinned as he caressed his new machine, all of his goodies were getting him his long deserved overpowered boost that every isekai protagonist was owed.

The bill of goods was simple.

Twelve rifles, three charged.

The base to set up a mana canon, uncharged.

The radio along with a transmitter that could cover the distance.

And Rhiney's new and improved harness, the only real difference was superior craftsmanship and better fitting for the dragon.

"Julia! You're looking different, why? Did you unlock those skills? Do you have those skills?" Utarou suddenly asked, noting how she'd become a shade darker since he'd last seen her.

"E-eh? So the other one must've got it at the same time then." Bluelia sighed, opening her skill tree to reveal it had been rapidly filled in.

Almost entirely Tier 1 skills, things like "Increased Splitting" or "Improved Durability".

The only new Tier 2 skill was "Rapid Reconstitution", which Julia had also unlocked, having fully run out of her Skill Points.

"Yep! She didn't want to pick any though," Utarou sighed. Henrek looked around, the rest of Dryholm was looking at the weaponry and the garrison was coming out in force.

"ALRIGHT! Garrison, you put everything in storage before anyone else sees this! Utarou, come, we need to discuss the plan. Winter is nearly over."


…
​

"S-so… You uh… All live down here huh?" Pinklia asked awkwardly, walking onto the stone platform.

They'd been kept in a dark wagon, made as comfortable as you could be in that situation, and taken to the inner heartland of the Clan Assynt.

And as dwarves were, they weren't too keen on outsiders knowing anything more than the bare minimum about it.

"Aye, we be creatures of the inside y'know. All that reconnaissance ain't good for our constitutions!" Meachin laughed.

Aitkens had gone ahead along with the rest of the platoon, leaving Meachin to handle the girls.

Penelope was busy writing down every rune she could, trying to figure out the language from the tapestry that had been chiseled into the stone walls, cross referencing her very basic runic knowledge with what she could identify.

"Miss, if ya are so inclined on learnin' 'bout our history then perhaps ye could-"

"HOLD IT! I think I've figured out which rune is an article… or a possessive… Maybe it's a plural?" Penelope snapped, pointing to a regularly repeating symbol that appeared regularly throughout the text.

"Hah, that be Assynt, all encompassing. Looky, here it means belonging to Assynt, here it means of Clan Assynt and here it means Assyntitself." Meachin explained jovially, he'd never met someone with such a naked lust for learning.

"Of course! And this must be another proper noun right?!" Penelope exclaimed, pointing to a similarly complex rune.

"Aye, it means Clan Riddon, buncha dirty cowards, ye a fast learner missy!"

"Thank you, I take my studies quite seriously," Penelope boasted as the platform suddenly began to move, causing both her and Pinklia to startle.

"HAH! Relax! We've been approved by the Clanmaster. Ya about to see somethin' I don't think a human's ever seen, and certainly no slimenoid!" Meachin laughed as the loud cranking of gears lowered the two women deep under the earth.

Penelope could only stare as the tapestry continued.

And continued.

And continued down the long trip.

"Is uh, does this normally take so long?" Penelope asked several minutes after giving up trying to read and document the sheer amount of history that had been carved.

"Well, the Errata needs to be precise. Only had enough room for the first summary," Meachin sighed.

"S-summary?"

"Aye, the real book would take ya to the other side of the planet and back several times over!" Meachin laughed.

"I-Is this a dwarf thing or a Clan Assynt thing…?" Penelope asked nervously.

"Bah, we're pretty conservative with who gets to go into the Errata, those punks in Clan Eriboll are the ones who hold too many grudges, says right 'ere see," Meachin said, pointing to a row that quickly passed by.

"Oh boy…" Penelope gulped, looking at Pinklia.

"So, how do you get in the book…?" Pinklia asked nervously.

"Only serious offences lass! Don't be rude and ya will be fine. Ya have me word." Meachin swore.

Pinklia could only feel herself shrink, hoping she could force herself into a more polite shape.

Penelope on the other hand felt somewhat cheated; the only information she'd managed to get was a glorified book of grudges.

Eventually, the elevator stopped, the stone doors opening to reveal the grand underground cave that was, the Clan Assynt grand hall.

It was immense.
 
Chapter 56: The Beginning of the Oldsman War New
Henrek, Utarou, Barney, Bluelia and May sat in the wall tower at the round table.

"I'm not happy that Julia is with the dwarves." Henrek stated plainly.

"I'm not, I'm right here." Bluelia restated, annoyed.

"I'm not happy that Julia is with the dwarves, or with the Pope, or in Lolcons." Henrek restated again.

"And I keep telling you! I'm RIGHT here!" Bluelia shouted, slamming her fist onto the table.

"Bluelia here is getting annoyed that Henrek considers Pinklia, Greylia, and the other Bluelia, equally Julia… I need to defuse the tension." Utarou thought plainly, wondering how he, a man with the emotional bandwidth of a moldy potato, could handle this with the tact and grace it required.

"I think there's an easy solution we're all missing here people." Utarou declared, slamming his palms into the table for emphasis.

"Oh great, whatcha got now?" May asked, bracing herself for whatever nonsense he was about to spout.

"Julia! You are now, Blue!" Utarou declared.

Julia looked down at herself and up at Utarou.

"Yes…?"

"No no, I mean you are Julia, the Julia in the dungeon is Julia, the Julia with the dwarves is Julia, the Julia with the pope is Julia. You are ALL Julia, every part of you became able to move all at once, you all have the same memories right?"

"Hmm… Alright…." Bluelia grimamaced as she realized where Utarou was going.

"So, you're Bluelia! Pinklia, Greylia, easy! Just to keep things simple." Utarou declared.

"Hmpth, fine, we're conducting a rescue mission just to get some of my hair." Bluelia huffed, crossing her arms.

"See! No worries, now regarding Greylia, relax Henrek, the Pope is very…" Utarou trailed off.

"... Affectionate." Utarou said blankly.

"I am only trusting Julia's judgement in you, remember that." Henrek growled.

"Regardless, we'll be able to get this skirmish started soon, crush both armies in one swoop and claim their territories as our own." Utarou cackled.

"Excuse me?" Henrek asked.

"I-I mean, save the rest of Bluelia!" Utarou clarified.

Penelope had been very strict with her instructions.

Do not let anyone find out the plan to start a full blown war.


…
​

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO PLANNING?!" Pinklia screamed as she paced around their shared dwarven dorm in a panic.

"Urgh, I knew you'd be a nervous nancy." Penelope tutted as she closed one of the translation books Meachin had given her.

"YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT A FULL BLOWN WAR! I THOUGHT WE WERE JUST GOING TO DISTRACT LOLCONS AND RESCUE THE REST OF ME!" Pinklia exclaimed incredulously.

"Hah! Tut tut tut young Julia, if we're decimating two provinces' armies we should make use of that fact, right~?"

"I'm older than you." Pinklia replied back bluntly, slumping down into her bed.

"Alrighty then granny, think about it like this. Utarou wants to make Monsteria a legitimate nation, we're already declaring war on both of our neighbours. It'd be insane to not take the opportunity to grab a little bit of land." Penelope explained, hiding a devious smirk.

"Then we can go after the old man himself once we bulk up our military…" Penelope thought as she snickered.

"You're making Utarou's face… God you really do have a crush on him." Pinklia sneered.

"H-Hey!" Penelope retorted fruitlessly. Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Pinklia snapped, now thoroughly annoyed at Penelope.

Slowly opening the door, was one of the mechanical servants that wandered the halls of this Dwarven Fortress.

It was humanoid, made out of wood and metal, with ball joints and finely crafted components.

It was a golem.

A golem maid.

Something Penelope had already tagged as necessary to return home with, not only for her own research, but to win brownie points with Utarou.

Not because of the crush, but for political influence.

She swears.

The golem maid wore an archetypically moe maid dress, it had large eyes with aperture-like irises and had no mouth or nose.

It was like a living doll, with unnaturally smooth and mechanical motions.

Pinklia wasn't a fan.

The golem maid handed Penelope a note, written in both Runic and Standard Script.

"Hope you are well, I am… Emily." Penelope said, looking up at the machine, who simply stared at her.

Despite being a dwarven creation she was slender and tall, by dwarven standards anyway, by human standards she was a bit shorter and slightly chunkier than a human woman.

The golem, Emily, nodded, grabbing another piece of paper and a quill and quickly writing down another message in both writing systems.

Penelope grabbed it and read it aloud.

"I will be your personal assistant for the duration of your stay, don't hesitate to ask me for anything. Be aware that my ears and mouth have been removed, so I have to communicate through paper. Could you please confirm you understand me… Oh my god she's adorable." Penelope gasped as she grabbed a hold of the machine, which didn't react as Penelope began looking at its joints.

"C-could you not? That thing is creeping me out…" Pinklia muttered, she could hear the hiss of mana radiating off of it, like the buzz of a CRT.

"Oh I am going to figure out how you work… Okay yes! I understand! See?" Penelope pointed towards the Standard Script and gave a big thumbs up. Emily nodded and wrote another note.

"You appear interested in my architecture, I am not allowed to disclose dwarven secrets so please don't study me too intensely as I cannot react." Emily wrote, the paper being thrown away by Penelope as she continued to intensely study the golem.

For the war effort of course.


…
​

"For Julia of course!" Utarou clarified as he thought about how hard Penelope must be working right now from behind dwarven lines.

"Whatever, I've mapped out the battle grounds. If we want to provoke a skirmish we'll need to send an unknown individual in to act as a concerned citizen. I've already contacted Rufus and Hans, so they're both on standby when you give the go ahead." Henrek explained as he laid out the map.

He'd made a detailed sketch of the battle field, it was the lake they'd had a picnic before the incident all that time ago.

"Without Penelope's ol' earthquake magic, what's the plan to crush the bastards what hurt my boys then?" May asked vindictively.

"Simple, we're going to use some Dwarven Thunder." Utarou smirked.
 
Chapter 57: An Elven Intrusion New
"So, are the pieces in place?" Ghaeltifts asked as she walked across the Aviotican gardens with Adam.

"Of course, the war will begin any day now. Fortune appears to have favoured us, the Logos infected peasantry seem to be spreading rumours of this New Saviour." Adam laughed, walking slowly to match the pace of the easily exhausted Elf.

"Excellent." Ghael exclaimed, leaning on a wall to catch her breath. Adam let out a sigh and snapped his fingers, quickly moving him and the Pope to their destination.

"Thank you darling." Ghael sighed as she sat down in the underground laboratory, where many of Ghael's pet projects were being kept.

Including Greylia.

The half sentient creature was kept in a glass tube, several inches thick giving it a frosted glass look.

It stood like a reanimated corpse, its jaw forming then melting off before recombining with its feet, eyes drifting off its face and reforming at its shoulder to stare hatefully at its captors.

It stayed as still as it could.

"Poor baby, Folo honey, how has she been eating?" Ghaeltifts asked as she grabbed someone else's nearby tea, causing Adam to roll his eyes.

The Elven disregard to personal space and property, vile practice in his human eyes.

"Mmm, I wouldn't say she's not been eating, but she hasn't been digesting." Folosogg sighed, she was one of Ghaeltifts' secret researchers for projects she needed to keep on the down low from the Magistrate.

An elven woman with straw-like hair and a thick pair of glasses, wearing rags not for any religious reasons but because she was too preoccupied with work to worry about changing clothes.

The laboratory smelled as bad as you might expect.

"Meaning?" Adam asked impatiently.

"Look." Folosogg yawned, pulling a lever to release a goat carcass into Greylia's tube.

Greylia immediately began smashing the carcass into a fine paste, which she then pushed to the edge of her confinement, avoiding touching it as much as possible.

"Hmpth, the beast is learning." Adam laughed as he quickly realized what she was doing.

"Eh?"

"Watch, the creature has learnt that when we feed it, this happens," Adam declared, snapping his fingers and reducing Greylia to goo. Opening the tube he scooped a jar of her out and sealed it with magic, then closing the tube and releasing Greylia from his spirit nullification.

The split Greylia copy started attacking in vain while the main body glared at Adam.

Adam pulsed, killing the copy instantly.

"Hey! I'm working off of limited samples here!" Folo snapped, Adam chucking another jar at her.

It contained a small fragment of Bluelia.

"Oooo~! Nevermind, all is forgiven!" Folo grinned as she quickly took the sample to a small dish to study.

Pouring out the blue slime, the small blob formed a basic face consisting of two eyes and a mouth.

"Buhbuuhbuhbuhubuh…" It blathered, looking around with an absent minded grin on its face.

"Ooo, this one is much calmer… The original you spoke of?" Folo asked as she opened up this sample menu.

It hadn't unlocked any of the now dozen skills that came off of the slimenoid skill tree.

"I'm not sure, the one I understood as the primary body has changed colour and unlocked several of those skills." Adam sighed, he hadn't intended to bring Folosogg this sample but unforeseen circumstances forced his hand.

"Well aren't you just a cutie… Do you like vegetables?" Folo asked as she grabbed a pickled carrot and offered it to the small blob.

"Buhhhhbuhbuhubuhubuh." It nodded, munching on the carrot without a care in the world.

"Well I hope you enjoy this new pet, we need to figure out how to cure this creature, or some part of it. Porak is growing suspicious and I wish to ensure he remains aligned and indebted." Adam explained.

"Did he ask about the Ghost Cores?" Ghaeltifts sighed as she grabbed one of the dead shells from a nearby tray.

"Yep. And I gathered he was getting somewhat stressed about how many sisters he's suddenly acquired."

"You gave Utarou the journal right?" Ghael asked suddenly.

"Well, the slime, Utarou was out at the time. The Dwarven weaponry they have is going to need a power source. How is the new one coming along?" Adam enquired.

"I'd say she's just about ready! Is she getting the Adam express or are we making the poor lass walk home by herself?" Folo cackled as she poked and prodded the small blue blob with a pair of glass rods.

"Is this a Human ready or an Elven ready?" Adam scoffed, Folo only shrugging.

"Relax, she doesn't know anything we don't want her to." Ghael laughed. Adam rolled his eyes, taking a step and disappearing from the hidden lab, appearing on the other side of a guest room's door.

"WHO THE HELL IS THERE?!" Screamed this guest.

"It's me, Adam, I've heard your treatment is complete?" Adam asked in his usual suave voice, groaning that this project was unfortunately only Elven complete.

Elves did not seek completion, they waded in the waters of infinite searching, their path to obtaining the status of Blessed merely being a series of things they need to be able to do as opposed to the definitive ending humanity had with the Holy Path.

Though Elves also didn't restrict their religious end goal to only those born with Divine Right, every Elf, Human and Dwarf could be considered Blessed in the Elvision branch.

It resulted in a few notable differences in species, one being that the Red Julia tearing up the room she'd been so graciously given was considered 'good enough'.

"PISS OFF! I CAN'T FIND MY FUCKING BRA IN THIS STUPID FUCKING ROOM!" Redlia screamed, she was wearing nothing but a pair of pants with a jacket and top stuck in the rafters, she wore her hair out and without any bangs.

Adam rolled his eyes, snapping his fingers and immediately finding the bra.

Redlia said nothing and snatched the bra off of him and put it on.

"Gratitude, 11th skill on the Holy Path." Adam explained to the aggressive blob of a woman.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I thought you lost all of your skills when you became Perfect you smug ass hole." Redlia growled as she walked past Adam.

"Heh, do you really think Perfection would take away the Holy Path?" Adam laughed.

"Don't know, don't care. Are you going to do your stupid fucking quick step and get me home already?" Redlia hissed, growing to match Adam's height.

"Of course, though tell me, have you ever wanted sisters?"

"Fuck no,"

"Ah, I'm sure this will be a very happy reunion then," Adam laughed as he grabbed her hand, and used his skill Diligence to move them diligently to Dryholm.

Right in the middle of the war room meeting.

Save her the trip up the mountain, this is what diligence was all about afterall.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top