• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Honestly I disregarded the scene from volume three as Saji getting caught in the heat of the moment after hearing about Kiba's backstory. Basing his entire character on actions from a single scene seems silly. (Hey, alliteration!)

This is why I didn't say they were creepy. I don't know the show well enough. To the extent they did objectify women I have an issue.

To me sexual drive & openness to sexual behavior isn't a problem. Subordinating other's happiness & pleasure to your own is an issue. I have no doubt the sex drive of our Issei is just as rampant as his canon self is, if not even more exaggerated(like all Solar Exalt traits). The difference is he cares about the happiness of his lovers & he won't betray their feelings. To the extent our Issei conceals his lust & sexual drive is directly proportional to how his other lovers are feeling & whether it would bother them. Since Aika is just, if not more, driven by her sex drive then us Issei isn't holding back at all with regards to her. Note that when it involves his other lovers & he was given a bit of a reminder by the dragon in his head, he immediately went back to explain the situation to Mittelt. In part he was afraid of physical punishment from her & well he wasn't going to stop have intercourse with Aika if she forbade him, mostly because he won't let one girls feelings trump another's. That being said he wasn't going to hide it to avoid her potential wrath, his desire to not betray her feelings when they wouldn't conflict with Aika's, the betrayal & pain she would feel when she learned eventually he was hiding Aika from her trump his own desires.

Last edited by a moderator:
megrisvernin said:
This is why I didn't say they were creepy. I don't know the show well enough. To the extent they did objectify women I have an issue.

To me sexual drive & openness to sexual behavior isn't a problem. Subordinating other's happiness & pleasure to your own is an issue. I have no doubt the sex drive of our Issei is just as rampant as his canon self is, if not even more exaggerated(like all Solar Exalt traits). The difference is he cares about the happiness of his lovers & he won't betray their feelings.
So what you're really saying is that there's no difference.

Episode 12 said:
"You made prez cry! That's more than enough reason for me to beat the shit out of you!"

Smuthunter said:
So what you're really saying is that there's no difference.

It's possible they are the same. It comes under the heading of emotional intelligence.

Like...if someone cares when other people are in pain but isn't very good on picking on social cues it might appear as though they are simply indifferent to who to anyone else is clearly in pain.

Exalted! Issei is very good at figuring out how to please the women in his life & how to manage their various feelings & interests. The way we explained the situation with Asia to Ruby & Yang is evidence of that. Issei more than anything is committed to not betraying the feelings girls place n him. Asia trusts Issei a great deal after saving her, & Issei felt a commitment to be worthy of that trust to make sure her experience in Japan was a pleasant one. As someone who languished as a Social Outcast he could understand being the Outsider was determined to avoid that fate for her. Nothing, not the opinions of his classmates, his own social standing or even society's view at large mattered in comparison to that. Exalted! Issei managed to communicate this to his audience without trying too.

From what you're suggesting Canon! Issei has the same inclination, but he lacks the skills or self awareness to pull it off? Like he would have answered honestly that he loved the idea of two blonde bombshells living with them(because he assumes other people have the same interests & way of viewing the world as him). Exalted Issei instinctively grasped what Yang & Ruby value & their particular way of viewing events, & so phrased his explanation so that they could understand his intentions.

Again I haven't seen the show much, mostly because of this portrayal of Issei I've built up in my mind makes me hesitant to watch. Additionally I had an initial feel of a mary sue character who basically got all the girls because of author fiat, not because he did anything to be worthy of them.

nightblade said:
Saji's stated dream was creepy as hell. I'm glad it has changed. Still we should probably change the whole DNA thing.

I disagree. We're dealing with metaphysical creatures, inhuman ones at that. Incest taboos get less relevant with MAGIC! Genetics.

It's probably a human mindset that's the problem here. All of Rias's Peerage minus the fallen angels & Koneko were human originally. They also attending an ostensibly human school. Some mindsets probably bled over. I assume that if the closer genetic thing was an issue for romances(between peerage members or between them & a King) then it would have been noticed as a problem already.

megrisvernin said:
From what you're suggesting Canon! Issei has the same inclination, but he lacks the skills or self awareness to pull it off?
He's socially-awkward and hot-blooded, which is a combination that makes him put his foot in his mouth quite frequently. Like, earlier in episode 12 he kicks the door down at Rias's wedding to Raiser and shouts "Rias Gremory's virginity belongs to me!" Now devoid of context that would be plenty creepy for someone to say and it does get a lot of WTF reactions from the partygoers. But the context is that this is Issei, who turned Rias down when she offered said virginity to him two episodes prior because he thought she should do that with someone she loves, and he's still at a point where he can't even contemplate the idea that that person might be him. So his real goal in this scene regardless of what he actually said isn't to treat Rias as a prize to be won, but to make a claim that would free Rias from being betrothed to Raiser so she can make that choice herself.

Again I haven't seen the show much, mostly because of this portrayal of Issei I've built up in my mind makes me hesitant to watch. Additionally I had an initial feel of a mary sue character who basically got all the girls because of author fiat, not because he did anything to be worthy of them.
I have that exact problem with other harem protagonists, but not with Issei. He spends a good amount of time being snarked at by his prospective love interests -- Akeno says having him around is like "having a stupid kid brother" in one of the early episodes, and Koneko and Kiba apologize for his perversion to opponents that he pervs on. It takes him a while to get any respect from the rest of his peerage, and he only really gets the girls to fall for him after he helps them resolve some personal trauma or issue in their respective books. Rias is the first and easiest because she's the lead girl of course, and I could stand for her to get some more character development before that happens in this quest.

Granted, there is a bit of author fiat stuff in later books -- Xenovia goes from zero to "I want to experience having children" roughly one book after joining the peerage and Ravel, for all that I love her character, seems to have become attracted to Issei mainly because he beat up Raiser. The core peerage is pretty good about making him earn his harem's affections though.

megrisvernin said:
It's possible they are the same. It comes under the heading of emotional intelligence.

Like...if someone cares when other people are in pain but isn't very good on picking on social cues it might appear as though they are simply indifferent to who to anyone else is clearly in pain.

From what you're suggesting Canon! Issei has the same inclination, but he lacks the skills or self awareness to pull it off?

It's self-awareness.

This is from volume 11.

"………..When Ise-kun looks at us, sometimes you look at us with frightened eyes. I didn't understand why at the beginning, but I finally understood why."
--!
……Frightened eyes…… I see, so I have been making such eyes without me noticing it…..
Koneko-chan then looks up to me with teary eyes.

"……Probably, only those who know about that incident can notice it."
……..That incident……

Yeah, I realised it right away. …….So Akeno-san and Koneko-chan also……noticed it……?
The ones who know in detail about that incident are the group members that were already within this group when I joined.

"Inside Ise-san's heart……deep inside your heart………, does Raynare-sama still haunt you?"
"-!"

When Asia asks me very timidly, a beautiful girl with black wings comes back to my mind. At the same time, her words come back to me……..

[Will you die for me?]

My first girlfriend, Yuuma-chan. No, the fallen-angel Raynare.
In that instant, I started to get nasty sweat coming out from my face.
I got a flashback of Raynare's vision and words.

----I don't want a filthy low-class Devil like you talking to me.

……..At times, I wonder if it's okay for me to talk to everyone here who is a bishoujo.

---- Ahahaha! Yeah, you are right! It was a very royal date! Thanks to it, I was very bored!

…….When I go shopping with Buchou and the others, I start to wonder if they are actually bored by being with me.

---- I don't want a rotten brat like you calling my name!

…….I also want to call Buchou by her name……

---- Ise-kun! Please save me! This Devil is trying to kill me! I love you! I love you so much! That's why, let's defeat this Devil together!

…….My first girlfriend begged for her life to me……..and the woman I love, killed that woman.
Back then, it was proper for Raynare to be killed. She did such horrible things to Asia, and she even killed her once. That's why, I think it was a proper measure for Buchou to finish her off.
-But, why is it?

These tears…….which are dropping from my cheeks…. I then muttered while wiping my tears away.
"……She was my first girlfriend……"

When I was confessed to by her, I was really happy.
"…….When I dated her, I really did my best. I did so much planning for my first date. I even thought deeply about my future with her. I even imagined about Christmas and Valentines Day like an idiot, and I was fantasizing all by myself."

I…..blurted out everything I kept hidden inside me.
Even if I tried to make it as a story in which you can laugh at, I really couldn't laugh about it deep within my heart.

"But, she was actually my enemy…..! And she killed me…..! She looked at me with cold-eyes after I became a devil…..! And I found out she was acting the whole time….., and even I was fine with that, she was really evil! She killed Asia, and I fought her! I snapped! I hit a girl for the first time, and that happens to be my first girlfriend…..! After that, she begged for her life to me, but she was killed by Buchou….."

Raynare perishing. The black feathers which belonged to my first girlfriend spreads within the Church. That scene is burned into my memories, and my brain freezes every time I remember about it.

"…….Asia, Akeno-san, Koneko-chan….I'm scared. I'm actually scared of getting along with girls….. Because it makes me think that the same thing will happen again…..! The girls in our group are being kind to me, but if I tried to take another step and try to get along with everyone, it makes me think everyone will reject me and laugh at me…..! I know that everyone isn't bad inside my head! All of you are good people! But, I still can't! The more I tried to understand everyone, the more it makes me stop!"

I…hid my face with my hands. I can't show such a pathetic face to everyone.
I can't show this face of mine who is still dragging the past on my back…..
Even so, I told them my true feelings.

"……I don't want to taste…..the same thing again….."
I really am a pathetic guy…….
In front of the girls I get along with, despite claiming that I will become a Harem-King, I told them the truth that "I don't have the courage to get along with girls"……..

Raynare basically gave him an inferiority complex when it comes to girls. It's why he hasn't noticed even in the latest volumes that he has a harem. He subconsciously doesn't think he's worthy of them and thinks there's no way any of them actually like him.

As for the girls.

Rias he gets her out of a marriage she didn't want.

Akeno he helps her reconnect with her estranged father

Same with Koneko and her sister.

Asia he saves her life and is basically her first friend.

Irinia's his childhood friend.

Xenovia and Ravel are a bit flat. Though Ishibumi noticed and the upcoming volumes will focus on them strengthening their relationship with Issei.

"While hating these feathers, I met Rias and became a devil. ----but what was born was the feathers of a fallen angel and devil, a more disgusting creature who possessed both. Fufufu, this may suit me who has dirtied blood flowing in her veins."

Akeno-san is in self derision. No way, Akeno-san. Please don't say that…..

"……How do you feel, Ise, after hearing that? You hate fallen angels, right? They killed you and Asia-chan once, and tried to destroy this city once, there's no way you can hold good thoughts about them."
I say what's in my heart clearly. Since I feel lying wouldn't be good.
"Yes. I hate fallen angels."

Hearing that, Akeno-san's expression seemed to become sad. However, without caring I continued on speaking.

"But, I like Akeno-san."
"--------."

Akeno-san had a surprised expression at my statement.
"I won't ask for any more details about your birth. I only wanted to confirm it so……. actually, I am thinking I asked a bad thing so I am regretting it now…… I am really sorry. I have insensitive points so…."

"That's not the case, I have the blood of a fallen angel in me, you know? Can you forgive me? Although I reincarnated into a devil, the fact that I have the blood of a fallen angel in me doesn't change. ……. I may have approached you wanting to get hated, you know?.....No, that's definitely the case. I am the worst kind of woman……"

"It has no relation. Ah, how do I say it, Akeno-san, you're a kind senpai. No, um, I definitely hate fallen angels but, I think that Akeno-san is different, even if you have the blood of fallen angels in you, Akeno-san is Akeno-san, and you are the vice president of the Occult research club, I have never once had thoughts of dislike towards Akeno-san. Even after hearing that Akeno-san has the blood of fallen angels I cannot come to hate you. I like you even now so, there's no problem right? Huh? What the hell am I saying? Sorry, no more sensitive words are coming to me……"

Hearing my words, Akeno-san was-----crying.

Not good. Did I somehow hurt her? W-What should I do! I made a girl cry! However, Akeno-san floats out a smile, and wipes her tears.

"……..You said some killing words. …… After hearing that…….won't I really really get serious……"
Huh, I didn't hear the second half clearly but, my words were "killing words."? Did I maybe say something bad?

After Akeno-san got up, she came towards me------and clung to me!?
"A-Akeno-san……..?"

Akeno-san whispers in my ear who was troubled on how to react.
"I have decided. I, have decided. Ise-kun, do you like Rias?"
"Eh!? U-um, y-yes, of course I like her!"

"……..That's a given, right, she's serious as well so legal wife is impossible. There's a possibility of Asia-chan being the legal wife as well so……. The first and second position can't be shaken I guess……"

First position? Second position? What ranking would this be for?

To me who had questions controlling my face, while clinging to me Akeno-san says.
Wait, Akeno-san! I won't be able to hold it if you do too stimulative things to your junior!
"Hey, Ise-kun."

"Y-Yes!"

"I won't mind being 3rd position."

This is from vol 4

Ise has the skills though a bit unrefined.

Solar!Ise is a refined version of Canon!Ise without the tramua holding him back.

I think its pretty useless to talk about morality in dxd, because the main cast are mostly devils. Human like devils, but still devils, so applying human morality is pretty pointless.

So if the way the characters act in dxd bothers you, just think its because they are devils, or any other supernatural being.

i wonder just how rias has her perception of ise changed by the following revelations? that he figured out so much of the evil pieces or the fact that his ambitions are beyond hers?

Speaking of shit being creepy, what the actual fuck is up with Aika section of the latest update, seriously, she goes from being his friend and apologizing for kissing him, to being depressed that she wasn't the first person to have sex with him. And then, just to make things even better, Issei decides to have sex with her, and she acts like it's a good thing. Just think about it for a second, you (apparently) like this girl for (apparently) a while, and since you've never actually done anything to show that you're interested in them seriously, you're now depressed that she hooked up with some random guy that you've never met. You confront her and find out that yes, she did have sex with him, and you confess to her and say how you had wanted to fuck her and that you should have made it more obvious. She then apologizes for not being a mind reader and being able to figure out that you wanted her (what with the ONLY time that you've shown to be interested in her is when she suddenly went from being fairly average to ridiculously hot, so that's pretty classy right there), but not to worry, she'll have sex with you as well. As such, you decide to fuck her in the storage room later, because you're classy like that.

Anybody else notice anything creepy there? Anything? Or ignoring that, the fact that Aika is kiiiiiinda out of character. Hell, when I saw her name, my first thought was that we would have a lulzy interlude where she congratulates Issei and asks for details, and maaaaaaybe flirts with him a bit for lulz at the end. Instead we got generic waifu #whatever who now wants Issei's dick because reasons.

mishie said:
Speaking of shit being creepy, what the actual fuck is up with Aika section of the latest update, seriously, she goes from being his friend and apologizing for kissing him, to being depressed that she wasn't the first person to have sex with him.
Did you completely miss the part after she apologized where she said she went home and frigged herself stupid because OMG Appearance 5? She's a pervert just like us dude, get over it.

Also what the hell is up with all this creepy talk? Am I on QQ the NSFW questing site, or did I take a wrong turn and stumble into SoccerMoms.com?

Exactly, I was expecting her to act like a perv, not a suddenly lovestruck schoolgirl who has forgotten how to have a personality. Which is a shame because she was pretty lulzy in the previous updates.

mishie said:
Exactly, I was expecting her to act like a perv, not a suddenly lovestruck schoolgirl who has forgotten how to have a personality.
She's not lovestruck, she's horny and she wants to jump our bones because we're a smoking hot stud and she has an intimacy of friendship/attraction towards us. This is not even vaguely out of character for her. Of course we're probably about to ruin her for other men, so that should change relatively quickly.

also thinking about things, I have the distinct impression that Asia is going to level up her Sacred Gear quicker then the main line, considering how much use she is getting out of it putting us back together after our various training and all /laugh

All this talk has given me an interesting idea for a fanfic (I already have enough ideas I can't get down though so I'll just leave this here): I'm fairly sure it was speculated at some point, either in a story-post by Issei himself or someone else, that he actually knew how wrong objectifying women was and had been aware on a subconscious level for some time.

Now the idea I had was what if he had realized this before Reynare/Reincarnating/etc. Would he hate himself? Find disgust with his perversity? This could be... interesting depending on how the characters mesh.

EternitynChaos said:
also thinking about things, I have the distinct impression that Asia is going to level up her Sacred Gear quicker then the main line, considering how much use she is getting out of it putting us back together after our various training and all /laugh

Level up her Sacred Gear,sure, but Balance Breaker would take a lot of time to reach. More stamina is required to heal someone.

Oh, about Saji, no, he didn't want a harem, he wanted only Sona, IIRC he had glasses fetish, and he did tell Issei he wanted to impregnate her so they would be forced to marry. He did change in the later vol though, vol 17 should be the biggest one.

Smuthunter said:
She's not lovestruck, she's horny and she wants to jump our bones because we're a smoking hot stud and she has an intimacy of friendship/attraction towards us. This is not even vaguely out of character for her. Of course we're probably about to ruin her for other men, so that should change relatively quickly.

You say that like ruining her for other men and adding her to the harem is a bad thing ;)

Diller said:
You say that like ruining her for other men and adding her to the harem is a bad thing ;)
It is one of my short-term goals as a matter of fact, but I'd prefer that she retain a different kind of relationship with us to help keep all the girls distinguished from each other. Like, Aika is perfectly smitten with us but she's not in love, she just thinks we're an awesome roll in the sack. One of the biggest problems with harem fics is that girls tend to lose qualities that set them apart from each other because the cast is too big for each girl to get enough screentime to keep her character well-developed.

Smuthunter said:
It is one of my short-term goals as a matter of fact, but I'd prefer that she retain a different kind of relationship with us to help keep all the girls distinguished from each other. Like, Aika is perfectly smitten with us but she's not in love, she just thinks we're an awesome roll in the sack. One of the biggest problems with harem fics is that girls tend to lose qualities that set them apart from each other because the cast is too big for each girl to get enough screentime to keep her character well-developed.

Well better hope she doesn't get involved in anything supernatural that results in us looking heroic or badass in front of her.

Quick question: I'm working on the final section of the NSFW scene, and I need to know, does Issei already know the Selective Conception charm?

EDIT: Gah, forgot to check the OP. Never mind, looks like he doesn't have it.

actually he does have this

Merits/Flaws:
Selective Conception: You have full conscious control on your own fertility. You cannot ensure pregnancy, but you can prevent any undesired one.

EternitynChaos said:
actually he does have this

Merits/Flaws:
Selective Conception: You have full conscious control on your own fertility. You cannot ensure pregnancy, but you can prevent any undesired one.

Ahhh, okay. Missed that bit. Thanks for the help. :)

he is one hell of a bad ass. reminds me of jack rakan from negima.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back