1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Inebriated Quest (Worm/Shadowrun/Multi)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Flabbyknight, Apr 7, 2015.

Loading...
  1. Threadmarks: Intro
    Flabbyknight

    Flabbyknight Manic Moon

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    668
    Likes Received:
    15,258
    You wake up in a dark metal box filled with blood and rotting things. Huh. Well you can honestly say this is not the weirdest place you have ever woken up. Probably not even in your top ten, though you're pretty sure it's in your top 20. You try to remember how you got here, but a chorus of voices is speaking/scream/singing/whispering at you, none of them are speaking any language you understand. This frankly makes it a pain to concentrate.

    You stand there for several minutes trying to remember how you got here, when you realize you have no idea who you are, let alone where you are. Everything is a big blank space before you woke up just now, which makes it weird that you remember waking up in other places and the same time don't. You feel like this is not the first time you forgot who you were either, which just puzzles you even more. You spend several more minutes contemplating how one can simultaneously remember and not remember something, and conclude that your way to sober to be thinking those kinds of thoughts.

    You decide to instead to focus on where you are. You think you have been buried alive in some sort of metal coffin, judging from the smell, with a corpse. Fortunately there appears to be light coming from behind you, so you're not surrounded by several feet of dirt. Unless somebody put a light source in your coffin. You're not sure why somebody would do that, but you suppose that religion makes people do strange things.

    You don't have enough room to turn around and see what the light is though. Actual now that you think about maybe you where buried dead and you are in fact a zombie and it's you that smells bad. Do zombies have a sense of smell? You don't thinks so, but you have never been a zombie before you can't be sure.

    You waste several more minutes debating your undeath, before deciding that you don't care, because you now have headache from the smell and all the people in your head trying to get your attention. You're kind of mad that you got a headache without even getting drunk first, which is just unfair. You decided that you're tired of standing here in this stinky coffin, when you could be doing better things, like getting drunk. You wrack your brain for ways of escape.

    [] Make noise, maybe someone will find you?
    [] Use your zombie strength to break out.
    [] Try speaking to the Voices, maybe they got a plan?
    [] Take a nap, maybe you'll wake up somewhere better.
    >>
     
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,183
    Likes Received:
    6,420
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.
     
  3. 1986ctcel

    1986ctcel Connoisseur.

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2014
    Messages:
    23,855
    Likes Received:
    35,160
    [X] Take a nap, maybe you'll wake up somewhere better
     
  4. Valette-Serafina

    Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2014
    Messages:
    4,770
    Likes Received:
    25,442
    [X] Try speaking to the Voices, maybe they got a plan?
     
    Zale likes this.
  5. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,788
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.
     
  6. Jack of Olives

    Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    761
    Likes Received:
    5,568
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.

    I foresee many shenanigans in the future. :D
     
  7. Nai

    Nai SI Archivist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,280
    Likes Received:
    2,784
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.
     
  8. OverReactionGuy

    OverReactionGuy Verified Sanity

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2014
    Messages:
    16,732
    Likes Received:
    68,198
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.
     
  9. cross_grave

    cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2014
    Messages:
    2,943
    Likes Received:
    3,598
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.

    This is gonna end in tears for someone. Or trauma. And it will be delicious.
     
  10. DeAnno

    DeAnno Power over Versatility

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2014
    Messages:
    260
    Likes Received:
    516
    [X] Take a nap, maybe you'll wake up somewhere better.
     
  11. Derek58

    Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    12,693
    Likes Received:
    35,113
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.
     
  12. MHLord

    MHLord Why hello there.

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    682
    Likes Received:
    114
    [X] Use your zombie strength to break out.
     
  13. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    Flabbyknight

    Flabbyknight Manic Moon

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    668
    Likes Received:
    15,258
    Time to blow this popsicle stand. You have trouble picking up momentum due to the cramped space in the coffin, but you are hoping that your zombie strength will pick up the slack. You slam your fist in to the side of the metal coffin. Thump. Ow. Okay you think that you may have broken your hand punching the wall. The wall is also completely undamaged. Okay then, maybe you need to activate your undead powers first, to break out. Now how to tap into your inner necrotic energies, maybe if you think zombie thoughts you'll get zombie strength?

    You concentrate with all your might on zombie activities like shambling, moaning, and the hunger for brains. You let a moan of "braaaaains" and swing your fist into the wall again. Motherfucker. Okay maybe you shouldn't have used your broken hand again. You glare at your hand that dares to fail you again and again, its betrayals are stacking up and you're beginning to wonder if it's plotting against you. You focus on the pain that your traitorous hand is maliciously forcing upon you, wishing that it would stop. You feel a warm sensation building up in your body, quickly getting hotter and hotter. You feel that if you hold onto it any longer it will burn you, so you force the energy out of your body.

    Your hand miraculously stops hurting and in fact looks good as new. Cool. Looks like you got zombie regeneration or something. You decided to forgive your errant limb for it earlier misdeeds since it chose to redeem itself. You are nothing if not merciful. You stare at your hand contemplatively wondering what else it could do. You focus on your hand again, but instead of wishing the pain away you instead think thoughts of destruction of your metal prison. You feel the warm sensations building up in your body again and once again release it before it gets too hot. Your hand becomes wreathed in electricity for about a second before going out.

    Wait zombies don't have lightning powers or do they? Maybe you're a Frankenstein? Whatever, it's not important. You summon lightening to your hand again and plunge it in to coffin. Your hand slides through the wall like a hot knife through butter. It only occurs to afterwards that metal conducts electricity and you could have just electrocuted yourself to death. So maybe you are immune to your electricity or electricity in general? Also you pretty sure the electricity does not allow one to cut through solid steel or wood now that you think about it. Whatever, your magic zombie lightning does what it wants to, when it wants to and nobody can tell it otherwise.

    You pull your hand out of the hole you made. The hole looks about two feet deep, beyond the metal appears to be some sort of chalky substance and wood. You begin to wail away at the wall ripping large chunks out of the wall. It takes you less than two minute for you break out through the other side. You squeeze your way through the opening and look around. You appear to be in a hallway that is surprising well lit. You stare up at the glowing squares up above and are impressed that they can afford so many magic items of light.

    You think you may be a temple of some sort of sun god judging from how bright it is in here, so should probably get out of here fast as you can. Sun gods tend to like smiting the undead and you don't want the get your ass smote by some priest, you've only by unalive for live 10-20 minutes tops. Fortunately you see a door made of glass, fancy, that appears to lead outside. So you scuttle over to it and go outside.

    You behold a city made of steel and glass, many of the buildings tower above you. You have no idea where you are.
    Go
    [] South
    [] North
    [] East
    [] West
    [] Dennis
    [] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
    << >>
     
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  14. The Shadowmind

    The Shadowmind Well worn.

    Joined:
    May 29, 2014
    Messages:
    5,834
    Likes Received:
    27,790
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
     
  15. doomlord9

    doomlord9 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,081
    Likes Received:
    20,983
    [X] Dennis

    I have no idea what this is but I am hoping it means a Clockblocker interrupt.
     
    Twei, Dareth and PineTreeq like this.
  16. cross_grave

    cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2014
    Messages:
    2,943
    Likes Received:
    3,598
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction.

    Clearly this is the only option.
     
    igfry likes this.
  17. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,183
    Likes Received:
    6,420
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
    I don't really want to meet Clockblocker so Dennis is out.
     
    silentshot and igfry like this.
  18. MHLord

    MHLord Why hello there.

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    682
    Likes Received:
    114
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
     
  19. Flabbyknight

    Flabbyknight Manic Moon

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    668
    Likes Received:
    15,258
    It is a Homestar Runner reference. When ever I think of direction one can go Dennis pops into my head.
     
    Yurihime likes this.
  20. 1986ctcel

    1986ctcel Connoisseur.

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2014
    Messages:
    23,855
    Likes Received:
    35,160
    [X] Dennis
     
  21. doomlord9

    doomlord9 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,081
    Likes Received:
    20,983
    I haven't read that but I'll stick with it anyway. The thought of CB interacting with a wanna-be zombie MC amuses me.
     
  22. OverReactionGuy

    OverReactionGuy Verified Sanity

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2014
    Messages:
    16,732
    Likes Received:
    68,198
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
     
  23. Larekko12

    Larekko12 Connoisseur.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    14,540
    Likes Received:
    23,759
    [X]Turn around and break into the building you left.
     
  24. Jack of Olives

    Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    761
    Likes Received:
    5,568
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
     
  25. Nai

    Nai SI Archivist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,280
    Likes Received:
    2,784
    [X] Close your eyes spin around in a circle and go that direction
     
  26. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    Flabbyknight

    Flabbyknight Manic Moon

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    668
    Likes Received:
    15,258
    You are so lost. You decide that you best way to get unlost is to get even more lost until you know where you are. It’s the perfect plan and nothing could possible go wrong. You are a genius! You close your eyes and do a pirouette. You immediately slip and fall due to the gunk on your shoes. You land face first into the ground smashing your nose. Fool. Today is just not your day, like at all.

    You sit up and pull more energy through your body to fix up your nose and then take stock of the rest of your body to check for more injuries. You appear to be covered in blood and other vile fluids with bits of cloth pads sticking to you. Gross. You consider how you are going to get all this crap off of you when you feel your necrotic energies building up again. When you release it this time you feel a rubbing sensation all over your body and clothes.

    When you look down you notice that all the grime on your skin and clothes are gone. The pads have fallen to the ground and they look good as new. Actually so does the ground in a 15 foot radius circle around you. So you have super zombie cleaning powers? Okay maybe you are not zombie, you are 95% sure that the zombies don't have good hygiene and if they had cleaning powers, they totally would.

    Maybe you are a lich? They can use magic and you think that you could be using magic. But then where is phylactery? Shit. You hope nobody smashes it up, you better be careful in case somebody did. What were you doing again? Right! You were getting lost to get unlost. With a skip to your step you head in the direction you are facing.

    To your relief you are wandering away from the buildings that tower above the skyline. You are pretty sure that buildings are not supposed to be that tall and they will fall over any second now. As you move through the city you see people whizzing by in metal carriages, you make sure to stay out of their way, if you got hit you are pretty sure you would splatter and no amount healing would fix that. As you move forward the buildings become more and more rundown. You keep your eye out for bars, but so far you have not seen any.

    As you are crossing the street you spot man with a spirit floating behind him. The man's face is empty of all emotions and his eyes are those of a dead man. The spirit looks like a weird hodgepodge of a tiger and an elephant. You feel a itching at the back of your head as you stare at it. Its name is on the tip of your tongue. Baku. That’s it, it’s a Baku! If you remember right they are spirits that eat nightmares. However sometimes if they are malicious they will also eat dreams and hope of their target. That poor man! You glare at the Baku with your fists clenched. You have to do something to free this man from its hold.

    [] Confront the Baku
    [] Try and reason with the Baku
    [] Banish the Baku
    [] Inform the man he is being haunted
    [] Other

    << >>
     
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  27. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,183
    Likes Received:
    6,420
    [X] Try and reason with the Baku
    Let us make shards see reason and make them treat their hosts better!
     
  28. Nai

    Nai SI Archivist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,280
    Likes Received:
    2,784
    [X] Inform the man he is being haunted

    This poor man needs to be notified of whats happening to him so he can get help and be happy again.
     
  29. Larekko12

    Larekko12 Connoisseur.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    14,540
    Likes Received:
    23,759
    [X]Banish the Baku and make sure to hug the man.
     
  30. Jack of Olives

    Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    761
    Likes Received:
    5,568
    [X] Banish the Baku

    We're Halping! :p
     
    Snake/Eater and Winged One like this.
Loading...