• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

It Is Alright To Use Spiral Power In A Dungeon (TTGL X Danmachi Crossover)

I mean, I didn't do it for the cool explosion scene. It was mostly to establish how Simon's presence is changing events and in particular Bell. I will go into more detail in future chapters.
No I understand that Simon is changing Bell and setting but this could have been easily handled by Bell on his own without getting weird.

His glasses being used as shuriken was a nice homage to his Laggan. Wonder if we will ever see him summon his machine? Cause its absolutely something he can do given it happened in the Antispiral fight.

Hey, sorry it's been so long. Not an update but I have now finished Volume 9 and 10 of the main series, along with Volume 2 and 3 of Sword Oratoria. Got ideas all I will say.
Wait till you read Ryu it was peak danmachi the ark after it is incredible ass though. Freya arc was such a let down

"That was amazing!" Bell cheers as he runs into the living room. He turns around as Simon and Hestia walk in after him. He holds up both of his arms with a big smile on his face, "Did you see that?! We beat the Silverback in one blow! Everyone cheered for us, and I defended Lady Hestia!"

"Damn right," Simon walks over and pats the boy on his head. He tilts his head and smiles, "You did great, Bell. Beat your first big monster and all."

Bell's smile remained even as he shook his head, "No, no. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that if it weren't for you and Lady Hestia. You held the Silverback off long enough for her to update my status, and she's the one who gave me this."

Bell holds up the obsidian knife that his Goddess had given him. The "Hestia Knife" she had called it, seemed to pulse with a dull purple and green light. He clipped the weapon to his belt then looked over at his Goddess as she closed the door behind her. Before she could get into the room proper, Bell ran over and pulled her into a tight hug. She squeaked in surprise but Bell kept hugging her with a bright smile on his face, "Thank you so much, Lady Hestia! Without the Hestia Knife and your status, I wouldn't have been able to win. I promise I won't waste this gift!"

A bright smile came over Hestia's face as she put her arms around Bell to return the hug. Her pigtails wiggled through the air in happiness as she spoke, "O-Of course! It is only natural that I do everything I can for you, Bell! You're my precious, all important follower after all."

Hestia giggled while rubbing her face into Bell's chest. She also pressed her own chest close to his torso, hoping that he would notice but not run this time. He did back away, but didn't seem to notice her actions. He simply ran over to the middle of the living room and hopped in place for a bit, "And did you guys see what happened back there?! How the Silverback exploded twice after we cut it?! It was so...awe...s...some..."

Bell's body suddenly stopped hopping up and down. His eyes grew heavy and all the energy he had seemed to flow out of his body. He swayed on his feet for a bit before starting to fall back with his eyes closed. As Hestia called his name, Simon moved over and grabbed Bell before he hit the ground. He pulled the boy up but Bell's feet had gone limp. His mouth hung open as his chest rose and fell with each gentle breath he took. Simon rested him on his shoulder then smiled, "Figured he'd be tuckered out. Kid's been fighting for a while. Mind helping me get him to bed, Hestia? Hestia?"

Hestia shook her head when Simon called her name a second time. She blinked a few times before saying, "Huh? Uh, yeah! Yes! Of course. Let me just..."

She walked over to Bell's left and placed a hand on the small of his back. While she wasn't as strong as Simon, she carried half of Bell's weight as the two walked him up the stairs to the bedroom. After placing him down on the bed, Hestia gave him a goodnight kiss on the cheek. He didn't stir as the two of them walked down the stairs into the living room. Once the two of them were alone, Hestia's good mood quickly vanished. Because she remembered that she still had to tell Simon what she had done.

Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, she stood up straight and said, "Simon...I need to tell you something."

Simon stopped in the middle of the living room and turned to regard Hestia. With a raised eyebrow he waited for the Goddess to continue. Hestia fidgeted in place for a few moments...then she threw herself to the floor and pressed her head against it, "Please forgive me! I told one of my friends about what you could do! It was the only way I could get Bell his knife! I'm so, so, sorry but I-"

Simon held up a hand, his expression mostly neutral, "Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Hestia. I got the gist but need some clarification."

Hestia kept her head down but nodded her head to the best of her ability. Simon held up a finger, "Okay, so you told someone about my powers. Who?"

"Hephaestus. Another Goddess and a friend of mine."

Simon held up another finger, "Okay. What did you tell her?"

"I gave her Bell's Core Drill to see is there was anything special about the metal. It didn't seem like it, but then she saw it make cracks in a powerful drop item after she tapped it against the ingot for a bit. She wanted to know where it came from and I told her that you knew the answer. That's it. I didn't tell her about Spiral Power, where it comes from, what it can do, or anything else. I swear!"

Another finger, "And why did you tell her?'

Hestia hesitated for a moment but she answered nonetheless, "B-Because...if I didn't I would've been put in immense debt to be able to get the knife I gave to Bell. It's a custom order and our Familia doesn't have the funds to afford something like that. But Hephaestus offered to give it to me for free if I could show her where I got the Core Drill from."

"So, you did it to help out Bell?"

"Yes. I know it was a breach of your trust. And I wouldn't blame you if you decided to hold this against me, or even leave and never come back. I would completely understand. Just please know that I am so, so, so sorry for this."

Simon lowered his hand and scratched at his cheek with his other. He stared at Hestia with a curious expression and said, "And that's why you're currently doing a dogeza? To get my forgiveness?"

"You know what this is?"

"Yeah. One of my friends would use it whenever he really messed up and needed to apologize," Simon shrugged, "Usually worked...though only after he got a beating."

Hestia flinched at that.

Simon held up a hand, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna do that."

Tension visibly left Hestia's body at that. She tentatively lifted her head to look up at Simon, "So...does that mean...?"

Simon shrugged, "Yeah, I forgive you."

Hestia took in an excited breath and pushed herself to her knees.

Simon held up a hand, "But! I have a request. You're gonna need to do a few things for me. It's only fair."

Hestia nodded her head as she got to her feet, "Of course! It's the least I could do to make up for what I've done. If it's within my power, I will do whatever you ask."

Simon made a show of thinking about what he was going to ask for. His eyes remained locked with Hestia's as he pursed his lips. Then he grinned and snapped his fingers, "Three favors."

Hestia blinked in surprise, "Huh?"

Simon held up three fingers, "You owe me three favors. It doesn't matter what they are, when I ask for them, or if it might inconvenience you. If I call for a favor, you have to answer. Do we have a deal?"

Hestia didn't hesitate. She held her right hand out for Simon to shake and said, "Deal!"

Simon took her hand and gave it a firm shake. Once that was taken care of, he crossed his arms and continued, "Alright. Before I forget, Hephaestus. Do you trust her?"

Hestia's expression became serious. She furiously nodded her head, "Yes. She helped me get on my feet when I first came to Orario. Even if I have yet to pay her back for that, she still helps me when I come asking and have a good reason. And she understands the value of secrecy. She won't tell a soul what I told her, nor whatever you decide to tell or show her. Besides, she gave us a secret in exchange."

"Exchange?" Simon couldn't hide his curiosity.

Hestia glanced at the stairs to make sure Bell wasn't listening in. She walked over and glanced around the corner to make certain. When it was clear Bell wasn't there, she came back to Simon and explained, "The Hestia Knife, the weapon I gave Bell, has a special enchantment on it. It, essentially, has its own Falna that's connected to the one I gave to Bell. As Bell grows and becomes stronger, so too will his knife. It was as weak as tissue paper before I gave it to him. But the second I put it in his hands, it took its first breath and will only grow from there."

"And let me guess; this would be true for anyone who got a similar weapon?" Simon ventured.

Hestia nodded, "If the adventurer who got a weapon like that was 'the most powerful warrior in the world' it would become 'the most powerful weapon in the world'. And a weapon that can instantly become the best the second an adventurer picks it up-"

"-would be bad for the one who made it, because everyone would want one. And then when everyone has one, no one would want another weapon ever again," Simon finished for Hestia. He nodded as understanding came over him. Right now, the only ones who knew about this would be him, Hestia, and Hephaestus. As long as they didn't tell anyone about her creating the Hestia Knife, she wouldn't tell anyone about the Core Drill or what he can do. He frowned and put a hand over his chin, "Will admit, I don't really like doing this kind of stuff. I understand the thought process behind it, but I'd rather just be able to trust Hephaestus with the secret."

"You can! I promise! This is just how she wanted to do things," Hestia assures him yet again.

Simon nodded, smiled, then turned toward the door, "Well then, guess we'd better get going, right?"

"Going? Where to?"

"To Hephaestus, duh. Need to hold up our end of the deal."

"Now?! You-You want to go now?! But what about Bell?"

Simon waved his hand dismissively, "Kid's tuckered out. Let him have his rest. And the sooner we do this, the better. Besides, considering you didn't tell Bell about this, I'm gonna guess you don't want him to know what his knife can really do, right?"

Hestia bit her lip but nodded, "Y-Yes. Bell's a sweet, honest, and innocent boy. He couldn't keep such a secret even if he wanted to. I doubt he'd lie to someone to save his life."

"Then what better time to do this then when he's sleeping?" Simon stepped out of the way and waved Hestia forward, "Mind leading the way?"

"Not at all," Hestia said as she walked ahead of Simon. He followed shortly behind her, the two of them heading off to see the smith Goddess.

Ah yes immediately going after a confrontation when both gods are running on fumes from working for days.
I'm sure nothing embarrassing will slip out of these 2 sleep deprived Deities.
Honest really it's not like Simon can dig them a hole any deeper for their embarrassment then a girl in love and a Otaku smith.

Chapter 12: Secrets and Meetings
"That was amazing!" Bell cheers as he runs into the living room. He turns around as Simon and Hestia walk in after him. He holds up both of his arms with a big smile on his face, "Did you see that?! We beat the Silverback in one blow! Everyone cheered for us, and I defended Lady Hestia!"

"Damn right," Simon walks over and pats the boy on his head. He tilts his head and smiles, "You did great, Bell. Beat your first big monster and all."

Bell's smile remained even as he shook his head, "No, no. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that if it weren't for you and Lady Hestia. You held the Silverback off long enough for her to update my status, and she's the one who gave me this."

Bell held up the obsidian knife that his Goddess had given him. The "Hestia Knife" she had called it, seemed to pulse with a dull purple and green light. He clipped the weapon to his belt, then looked over at his Goddess as she closed the door behind her. Before she could enter the room proper, Bell ran over and pulled her into a tight hug. She squeaked in surprise, but Bell kept hugging her with a bright smile on his face, "Thank you so much, Lady Hestia! Without the Hestia Knife and your support, I wouldn't have been able to win. I promise I won't waste this gift!"

A bright smile spread across Hestia's face as she wrapped her arms around Bell to reciprocate the hug. Her pigtails danced in the air with joy as she said, "Of course! It is only natural for me to do everything I can for you, Bell! You're my precious, all-important follower after all."

Hestia giggled while rubbing her face against Bell's chest. She also pressed her own chest close to his torso, hoping that he would notice but not run away this time. He did back away but didn't seem to notice her actions. He simply ran over to the middle of the living room and hopped in place for a bit, "And did you guys see what happened back there?! How the Silverback exploded twice after we cut it?! It was so...awe...s...some..."

Bell's body suddenly stopped hopping up and down. His eyes grew heavy, and all the energy he had seemed to flow out of his body. He swayed on his feet for a bit before starting to fall back with his eyes closed. As Hestia called his name, Simon moved over and grabbed Bell before he hit the ground. He pulled the boy up, but Bell's feet had gone limp. His mouth hung open as his chest rose and fell with each gentle breath he took. Simon rested him on his shoulder then smiled, "Figured he'd be tuckered out. Kid's been fighting for a while. Mind helping me get him to bed, Hestia? Hestia?"

Hestia shook her head when Simon called her name a second time. She blinked a few times before saying, "Huh? Uh, yeah! Yes! Of course. Let me just..."

She walked over to Bell's left and placed a hand on the small of his back. Although she wasn't as strong as Simon, she supported half of Bell's weight as they walked him up the stairs to the bedroom. After laying him down on the bed, Hestia gave him a goodnight kiss on the cheek. He didn't stir as they descended the stairs into the living room. Once they were alone, Hestia's good mood quickly vanished as she remembered that she still had to tell Simon what she had done.

Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, she stood up straight and said, "Simon...I need to tell you something."

Simon stopped in the middle of the living room and turned to regard Hestia. With a raised eyebrow, he waited for the Goddess to continue. Hestia fidgeted in place for a few moments, then she threw herself to the floor and pressed her head against it, "Please forgive me! I told one of my friends about what you could do! It was the only way I could get Bell his knife! I'm so, so, sorry but I-"

Simon held up a hand, his expression mostly neutral, "Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Hestia. I got the gist but need some clarification."

Hestia kept her head down but nodded her head to the best of her ability. Simon raised a finger, "Okay, so you told someone about my powers. Who?"

"Hephaestus. Another Goddess and a friend of mine."

Simon held up another finger, "Okay. What did you tell her?"

"I gave her Bell's Core Drill to see if there was anything special about the metal. It didn't seem like it, but then she saw it make cracks in a powerful drop item after she tapped it against the ingot for a bit. She wanted to know where it came from, and I told her that you knew the answer. That's it. I didn't tell her about Spiral Power, where it comes from, what it can do, or anything else. I swear!"

Another finger, "And why did you tell her?"

Hestia hesitated for a moment but she answered nonetheless, "B-Because...if I didn't, I would have been in immense debt to be able to get the knife I gave to Bell. It's a custom order, and our Familia doesn't have the funds to afford something like that. But Hephaestus offered to give it to me for free if I could show her where I got the Core Drill from."

"So, you did it to help out Bell?"

"Yes. I know it was a breach of your trust. I wouldn't blame you if you decided to hold this against me or even leave and never come back. I would completely understand. Just please know that I am so, so, so sorry for this."

Simon lowered his hand and scratched his cheek with the other. He stared at Hestia with a curious expression and asked, "And that's why you're currently doing a dogeza? To get my forgiveness?"

"You know what this is?"

"Yeah. One of my friends would use it whenever he really messed up and needed to apologize," Simon shrugged, "Usually worked...though only after he got a beating."

Hestia flinched at that.

Simon held up a hand and said, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna do that."

Tension visibly left Hestia's body at that moment. She tentatively lifted her head to look up at Simon and asked, "So...does that mean...?"

Simon shrugged, "Yeah, I forgive you."

Hestia took an excited breath and pushed herself to her knees.

Simon held up a hand and said," But I have a request. You're gonna need to do a few things for me. It's only fair."

Hestia nodded as she got to her feet, "Of course! It's the least I could do to make up for what I've done. If it's within my power, I will do whatever you ask."

Simon made a show of thinking about what he was going to ask for. His eyes remained locked with Hestia's as he pursed his lips. Then he grinned and snapped his fingers, "Three favors."

Hestia blinked in surprise, "Huh?"

Simon held up three fingers and said, "You owe me three favors. It doesn't matter what they are, when I ask for them, or if it might inconvenience you. If I call for a favor, you have to answer. Do we have a deal?"

Hestia didn't hesitate. She held out her right hand for Simon to shake and said, "Deal!"

Simon took her hand and gave it a firm shake. Once that was taken care of, he crossed his arms and continued, "Alright. Before I forget, Hephaestus. Do you trust her?"

Hestia's expression turned serious. She nodded fervently, "Yes. She helped me get on my feet when I first arrived in Orario. Even though I haven't repaid her yet, she still helps me when I come asking and have a good reason. And she understands the value of secrecy. She won't tell a soul what I told her, nor whatever you decide to tell or show her. Besides, she gave us a secret in exchange."

"Exchange?" Simon couldn't hide his curiosity.

Hestia glanced at the stairs to make sure Bell wasn't listening in. She walked over and peeked around the corner to confirm he wasn't. When it was evident that Bell wasn't there, she returned to Simon and explained, "The Hestia Knife, the weapon I gave Bell, has a special enchantment on it. It, essentially, has its own Falna that's linked to the one I gave Bell. As Bell grows and becomes stronger, so will his knife. It was as feeble as tissue paper before I gave it to him. But the second I put it in his hands, it took its first breath and will only progress from there."

"And let me guess; this would be true for anyone who got a similar weapon?" Simon ventured.

Hestia nodded, "If the adventurer who got a weapon like that was 'the most powerful warrior in the world,' it would become 'the most powerful weapon in the world.' And a weapon that can instantly become the best the second an adventurer picks it up—"

"-would be bad for the one who made it, because everyone would want one. And then when everyone has one, no one would want another weapon ever again," Simon finished for Hestia. He nodded as understanding came over him. Right now, the only ones who knew about this would be him, Hestia, and Hephaestus. As long as they didn't tell anyone about her creating the Hestia Knife, she wouldn't tell anyone about the Core Drill or what he can do. He frowned and put a hand over his chin, "Will admit, I don't really like doing this kind of stuff. I understand the thought process behind it, but I'd rather just be able to trust Hephaestus with the secret."

"You can! I promise! This is just how she wanted to do things," Hestia assures him yet again.

Simon nodded, smiled, and then turned toward the door, "Well then, I guess we'd better get going, right?"

"Going? Where to?"

"To Hephaestus, duh. Need to hold up our end of the deal."

"Now?! You-You want to go now?! But what about Bell?"

Simon waved his hand dismissively, "Kid's tuckered out. Let him have his rest. And the sooner we do this, the better. Besides, considering you didn't tell Bell about this, I'm gonna guess you don't want him to know what his knife can really do, right?"

Hestia bit her lip but nodded, "Y-Yes. Bell's a sweet, honest, and innocent boy. He couldn't keep such a secret even if he wanted to. I doubt he'd lie to someone to save his life."

"Then what better time to do this than when he's sleeping?" Simon stepped out of the way and waved Hestia forward, "Mind leading the way?"

"Not at all," Hestia said as she walked ahead of Simon. He followed shortly behind her as they made their way to visit the smith Goddess.

A knock on her door hardly roused Hephaestus from her seat. Her eye was closed and her breathing was labored as she tried to recover from her exertions. Crafting a weapon like the Hestia Knife took a lot of work, even for a Goddess like her. The process to make a weapon that could grow with its user would take a lot out of any smith. Inscribing a version of Falna onto a weapon alone would put any lesser smith down for at least a week. So, it would make sense that the Goddess would be taking a break after that.

Unfortunately, whoever decided to knock on her door didn't seem to appreciate her situation. Three more loud knocks reverberated through her office. She moved her hand away from her head, revealing a frustrated and tired expression on her face. Her chair squeaked as she stood up, disregarding the mess that was her hair as she walked around her desk. A furious sigh escaped her mouth as the visitor knocked three more times.

"I hear you! I hear you!" the smith Goddess' frustrated yell was loud enough to be heard through the door. With an angry groan, she grabbed the door handle and nearly yanked it open, "What do you wan-"

She went silent when she saw Hestia standing in front of her door. The shorter Goddess' lips were curled in a nervous smile. She gave Hephaestus a small wave, while the smith Goddess narrowed her single eye. She opened her mouth to admonish Hestia for coming back so soon when another person leaned around the corner. Someone she hadn't met before with strange red goggles on his head, a shock of pointy blue hair, and a cape that did nothing to cover his toned chest. Her eyebrow raised in curiosity as she asked, "Hestia? Who is this?"

Hestia looked around, then leaned in to whisper to Hephaestus, "Do you remember what I said about how I got the Core Drill?"

Hephaestus' eye widened. All her fatigue suddenly disappeared as she grabbed both her guests and pulled them into her room. She wasted no time closing and locking her door, smoothing out her hair, and then moving to stand in front of her two guests. Before Hestia could say anything, Hephaestus stood in front of Simon and stared him in the eyes. She was a head shorter than him, but that didn't lessen the intense stare she was giving him. Her lips twitched as she resisted the urge to smile, "Your name?"

"Simon. Simon the Digger," Simon remained calm and collected despite the gaze of the Goddess on him. He raised an eyebrow and pointed at her, "You alright? You look kind of tired and-"

"Never mind that! Where did you get it from?" Hephaestus interrupted.

"You mean my Core Drill?"

"Yes! Exactly!" she started to pace around Simon, eye alight with passion as she continued, "The metal that item was made from wasn't any different from natural metals that can be found even outside the Dungeon. Copper, some iron, and otherwise. When I first tapped it against that drop item, nothing happened. But after tapping it multiple times, it somehow made noticeable cracks in the drop item. How? Did you make it? Did you use some kind of Skill? Is it a magic item that has a requirement for it to activate? What can it do besides just be a drill and break drop items?"

Simon looked over at Hestia for an explanation. The Goddess chuckled and rubbed the back of her head, "Uh, yeah. Hephaestus can get a bit...excitable when she's found something new and interesting."

"Ah. Are all Gods like that?"

"...Not all of them," Hestia couldn't look Simon in the eyes as she said that.

After chuckling, he focused on Hephaestus and put both hands in the pockets of his coat. He shrugged, "Well, to answer them in reverse order? Yeah, it can do a lot of stuff. No, it's not a magic item. I didn't use a Skill cause I don't have one. I did make it. And this is how..."

He took his right hand out of his pocket and held it out, palm up. Before Hephaestus could ask for clarification, an emerald glow appeared in Simon's palm. Hephaestus stiffened, going silent, watching as another Core Drill formed from nothing in the palm of Simon's hand. He allowed Hephaestus to examine it for a few moments before willing the Drill to unravel itself. It did so without a word and turned back into small motes of emerald light. He put his hand back in his pocket as the smith Goddess remained silent. Both Simon and Hestia could see the gears turning in her head as she tried to make sense of what had just happened.

After a few moments, she finally spoke. Her voice sounded pleading as she said, "Please tell me you have a Falna and that was a new version of the Enigma Skill."

Simon shook his head, "Sorry, nope. That was all me. Specifically, Spiral Power."

"Of course," Hephaestus slumped forward with a long-suffering sigh. She seemed to drag her feet back to her desk as she continued, "Couldn't have been something easy. Had to have some kind of catch to it."

"You see why I didn't just want to tell you before?" Hestia said to her friend.

"Yeah, but 'having a secret about a strange item' is quite different from 'knowing someone who can effectively use Arcanum without being a God or having a Falna'!" she runs her hands through her hair while letting out another long-suffering sigh. Then she looked at the two of them and said, "Can the two of you please explain so I can understand exactly what's going on? I feel a headache coming on."

Hestia looked at Simon and then waved for him to explain. And so, he did. He told Hephaestus everything he had told Hestia about Spiral Power. How it worked, how it connected to the Core Drill, and how it allowed him to do things without needing a Falna. Hephaestus listened with rapt attention, her expression growing more and more fatigued as the explanations continued. By the time Simon finished, she had her head in her hands, pressed against her desk with her hair covering her face. Simon and Hestia exchanged a concerned look, and Hestia called out her friend's name. Hephaestus raised a finger and spoke in a muffled voice, "I only have one, singular thing to say in response to what this 'Spiral Power' is."

"Okay?" Simon said, tilting his head in confusion, "What is it?"

Hephaestus pointed an accusatory finger at Simon and lifted her head from the desk. Her lone eye glared at Simon with barely contained fury as she uttered one word, "Bullshit."

"That's what I said!" Hestia shouted, glad to have someone else who understands how she felt.

"Bet that armor's gonna look great on you, Bell," Simon smiled while patting the box Bell was carrying on his back, "But you sure you just want that chestplate? Pretty sure you could've afforded more than that."

Bell adjusted the box and looked up at Simon with a nervous smile, "Y-Yeah, I could've. The vals we got from that minotaur drop item means I had plenty left over after buying this. But...it's just...I don't know. This armor was calling to me. Something about it just...made me want to buy it. The craftsmanship, the color, everything about it spoke to me."

Simon hummed and nodded in understanding, "Yeah, I get that. Sometimes you just find things that speak to you. You can't explain why, but you know you have to follow your heart. I bet the guy who made that's gonna be really happy that you bought it. What was the name of the smith who made it?"

"Welf Krozzo. That's the signature I saw on the inside. Hmm, I'll need to meet him and make sure to thank him for this," Bell looked over his shoulder at the box carrying his new chestplate. He had woken up to the smell of Hestia's cooking and ran downstairs to meet with her. He was worried when he saw her, as she appeared to be extremely tired. He could even see the bags under her eyes. But she insisted that everything was fine and just about forced Bell to eat, then let her update his status. The moment she finished that, she fell out on the bed and let exhaustion take her. Bell made sure to cover her up before heading out for the day. He met up with Simon, who was outside in the church doing some exercises, and the two went off into the Dungeon for the day. Ms. Eina had taken a moment to question Simon about some things that Bell didn't know about, but the two were able to head into the Dungeon. They made it to the seventh floor this time, something that made Bell feel proud.

Though that pride was swiftly shattered when they met up with Eina and she scolded him for going to the Seventh Floor so early. It wasn't until he revealed that some of his stats had reached G Rank that she relented. This was only because he allowed her to see his status to confirm it for herself. After that, she took him to the higher floors of Babel Tower and to Hephaestus Familia's shops to purchase some new armor.

Now, he and Simon were heading back home to get his new armor on and then go back into the Dungeon. He needed to make up for all the money he had just spent, after all. Simon smiled and tapped Bell's right arm, saying, "Hey now, don't forget about that gift you got. It's not just that Welf guy you need to thank later."

"Ri-Right," Bell's cheeks turned a bright shade of red as he thought about the green vambrace Eina had given to him as a gift. Remembering the awkwardness of the situation made him squirm on the spot. He was certainly thankful for it...but he couldn't shake the feeling that it felt like Ms. Eina gave him a gift while they were on a d-d-da-date.

Simon noticed Bell's reaction and couldn't help but chuckle. He had his own adventure while Bell was resting, but it wasn't too troublesome for him. Despite her initial response to Spiral Power, Hephaestus proved to be as reliable as Hestia had said. His conclusion on this came from two key facts. Firstly, Hephaestus understood why Simon had been concealing his powers from the general populace. Much like Hestia, she understood what would happen if the Gods discovered a man like him - someone without a Falna yet capable of fighting as proficiently as any adventurer with one. Who could effortlessly create what were essentially magical items out of thin air and perform tasks akin to the Gods without the use of Arcanum. Not only would they be all over him, but the Guild would likely seek to regulate his abilities.

That understanding only deepened when he mentioned the time he fought "that big strong dude named Ottar" to a standstill. Though he still didn't get why the two of them nearly hit the floor when he mentioned that. However, they were very insistent on telling him to stay far away from "Freya Familia", which was apparently the Goddess he had seen at that time.

All these facts combined helped convince Hephaestus that Spiral Power needed to be a well-kept secret among the three of them.

The second fact that allowed him to come to this conclusion?

He simply believed that Hephaestus was a good person.

Simple as that.

Once all that was established, he and Hestia had returned home. He got some rest, got up, did a few exercises, and went with Bell when the boy came out to go Dungeon Diving again. Though he was waylaid a bit because Eina insisted on clarifying that he had just woken up in the Dungeon with no idea how he got there. He confirmed this, Eina wrote it down on a clipboard, and then he was allowed to go into the Dungeon with Bell. Then the whole thing with Bell's status happened, and he made sure to stop Eina from looking at Bell's Skills. She promised not to, and he would hold her to that. Even if he had to put a hand over her eyes. He kept to it as well, only looking at the boy's stats. Something that made him feel proud of the boy.

After that, Eina took them to buy some new armor for Bell, and now they were here. Bell and Eina had offered to get him some equipment too, but he waved them off. He figured that Bell should use his hard-earned money on himself, not on him. Besides, he had everything he needed already. Bell reluctantly accepted that, while Eina was a bit skeptical. She continued to mention how overconfidence got even strong adventurers killed in the Dungeon, making sure that Bell heard her say that. When Bell left to look for armor, Simon simply smiled at Eina and assured her that he wasn't overconfident. He knew what he was doing. And when she still didn't seem convinced, he promised that as long as he was still alive, nothing bad would happen to Bell. He'd always come back to smile at her while Simon was with him.

While he wasn't sure if she believed him, she did seem slightly placated. If the way her face blushed at his words was any indication.

His mind came back to the present as he and Bell continued walking down West Main. The sky overhead was red, indicating that it was late in the evening. They had already escorted Eina back to her dwelling after the shopping was over. Now all that was left was to return home. However, as they walked both suddenly stopped as a sound reached their ears. A rapid "thump, thump, thump" that sounded like-

"Footsteps?" the two men said in unison. They had just come off West Main, and it sounded like the footsteps were getting closer to them. Bell moved first, carefully moving around the corner from their usual path. Simon stepped slightly to the side as he followed in case Bell needed help.

"Ow!" a sudden shout rings out as a small shadow trips over Bell's foot as it comes around the corner. Both Simon and Bell look at the source and see a person shorter than Hestia. Bell mouths "...A Prum?" to himself, but Simon heard it clearly. Bell quickly moves to the fallen demi-human and asks, "Excuse me, are you okay?"

The prum stutters and pulls her body off the pavement. It's clear she's a girl, with messy, chestnut-colored hair long enough to hide her neck. She looks like a child with oversized, spherical eyes that shifted between Simon and Bell with an unreadable expression. Before either Simon or Bell could say anything else, they heard a second pair of footsteps approaching from the other end of the street. Along with them came a loud, rage-filled voice, "Found ya, ya piece-of-shit prum!"

All three of them looked up to see a tall, rough-looking human man approaching them. His appearance and angry eyes filled the girl with fear. The man seemed to only have eyes for the prum as he shouted, "Yer not getting away...!"

However, before he can get any closer, both Simon and Bell move to block his path. Their bodies moved instinctively as they shielded the girl behind them and stood shoulder to shoulder. The man, only just realizing they were there, shouted in surprise, "...What the?! You two, yer in the way! Beat it!"

"Not gonna happen," Simon spoke up, his body tensed and ready in case things came to blows, "Do you really think we're gonna let you hurt this girl?"

"E-Exactly!" Bell shouted, though he sounded less confident than Simon. Something that the man took note of as he focused his intense aura on the boy.

"Shut it, brat! If ya don't scram right now, I'll carve both of ya up along with the piece of shit behind ya!" the man bellowed while taking another step forward.

Simon's eyes narrowed, but his lips curled into an excited smile. He pounded his fists together and met the man's gaze head-on, "Well, now we really got to stop you from touching her. Isn't that right, Bell?"

"Y-Yeah! Ba-Back off!" Bell still didn't sound confident, but he didn't back down. He pulled his backpack off and lightly tossed it to the side. The man and prum both looked shocked at his action.

The man looked between the two of them and then growled, "Th-The hell is wrong with the two of ya?! Is short stack over there yer friend or something?!"

"N-never seen her before in my life," Bell stuttered out.

"First time I've ever seen her," Simon said with a shrug.

"Then why the hell are ya protecting that piece of shit?!"

Simon didn't hesitate, "Don't really need a reason. But if you want something concrete? She's scared, and you're acting like an asshole. That's good enough for me."

The man was taken aback by Simon's response. Bell was too, but his reaction was the polar opposite of the man. Swallowing his nervousness, he summoned all his courage and took a step forward, "Wh-What he said! We-We don't need a reason to protect someone who's scared!"

The man blinked, but his anger soon returned. He reached behind his back and drew his sword, "Fine...I'll slit both yer throats!"

Bell pulled out his knife while Simon readied his fists. The two heard something gulp air behind them, but only Bell looked back to see the prum girl staring at his knife. Soon, though, he was forced to turn his attention back to the man as his killing intent washed over him. Gritting his teeth, he struggled to maintain focus. This was his first time confronting another human, and he was doing everything he could to stop his legs from shaking. Whenever fear threatened to overwhelm him, he glanced at Simon, and his resolve returned. Simon, on the other hand, appeared completely calm and ready for a fight.

Eyes gleaming with hatred, the man sized up both Simon and Bell. Even with his mind clouded by rage, he could tell that Bell was the weaker and less experienced of the two. If he wanted to succeed here, he'd have to fight smart and take that kid out first. Then he'd go for the prum before Simon got a chance to intervene. Smiling to himself, he moved in, raising his sword to strike...and then a fist collided with his face.

With a battle cry, Simon put as much force as he could into his fist. The man's body was lifted from the ground as he was sent flying at least five blocks away from the two of them. His sword fell from his grasp as he landed on the cobblestones, completely knocked out. Simon straightened up before looking over at his companion, "You alright, Bell?"

Bell blinked as he slowly put away his knife, "Y-Yeah. I'm...I'm alright. That...That was so fast. I...I didn't even saw you move."

"Indeed," the two of them looked up to see a familiar elven face coming toward them. They immediately recognized the newcomer as...

"Ms. Ryu!" Bell said, standing straight as the elf's sky-blue eyes focused on him, "Wh-What are you doing here?"

"I was shopping for supplies to prepare for this evening. Unlike in the afternoon, adventurers visit our establishment in the evening. So if we are not fully stocked, many problems tend to occur. I happened to see you in the middle of my errand and was coming to assist," she turned her eyes onto Simon, "But it seemed that would have been unnecessary."

Simon smiled and shrugged, "Hey, he's the one who swung first. I just made sure he didn't manage to hit his target. And it's the thought that counts, so don't beat yourself up for not showing up before that."

Ryu hummed and then asked, "What of you two? Why are you out here?"

"Well, you see, this girl here...huh?" Bell's surprised shout made Simon turn to look at where the girl they were protecting had been. She was no longer there, and neither he nor Bell could see her anywhere near them. Ryu asked if someone had been there, but Bell could only nod in confusion, "Y-Yeah. At least, I thought so..."

"Maybe she left after I punched that guy out? Might have gotten scared or something," Simon suggested to the two of them. It was the best explanation they had, so Bell decided to just go with it. However, the thought of the girl lingered with him even after they left Ryu behind.

He wondered if they would ever see her again.

"Misters, misters. The misters with the white and blue hair."

Bell and Simon stopped in their tracks as they tried to find the voice that was addressing them. Bell was wearing his new armor, and the two were heading towards Babel Tower for another day of Dungeon Diving. However, the call of that voice had made them pause. Simon was the first to locate the source, tilting his head down and seeing something that made his lips curl into a small smile. He tapped Bell on the shoulder to get his attention. When Bell looked at him, he pointed at the source of the voice. Bell looked where he was pointing and saw...a young girl who stood about one hundred celch tall, dressed in a plain cream-colored robe.

...And carried a backpack at least three times her size on her tiny shoulders.

"Pleased to meetcha, misters! If you don't mind me asking, are you two looking for an extra supporter?"

I have now finished Sword Oratoria Volume 6.

For an apocrypha post, I would like to see this Simon in Highschool DxD and just the shenanigans he will get in that world.

Someone else will have to write that Omake. I don't know enough about DXD to write anything for it. Everything I do know comes from fanfics and Quests. And I don't really the setting or Issei so...yeah.

Fun fact: There is a TTGL X DXD Quest on Akun...but according to to the top review for it, they don't use Spiral Power as their main power. They instead chose to use DXD magic. So...yeah. Kind of upsetting that.

Someone else will have to write that Omake. I don't know enough about DXD to write anything for it. Everything I do know comes from fanfics and Quests. And I don't really the setting or Issei so...yeah.

Considering simon went all talk no jutsu with bell, maybe instead of perversion we get a super shounen issei? xD

Uh, hey, manuelhwang99, you might wanna edit your posts - doubleposting seems like bad manners, y'know?

Although speaking of Simon in DxD, yeah, Simon would probably be the best Big Brother Mentor for Issei - maybe instead of an uber-perverted Issei, we get an Issei who actually wants to invest time with any possible significant others before he gets romantically involved with them?

Hell, if anything, I actually want to see Issei decide to take more after Simon to the point he even chooses to make a Ganmen to honor his big bro - be DxD's first real Gurren Lagann figure! (Legacy Heroes are always fun!)

Hey all, just wanted to say I've finished all the way up to Volume 9 of Sword Oratoria and was a bit of the way through Volume 10 when I realized it was gonna go beyond Volume 10 of the main series.

So, I'm currently working my way through Volume 11 of the main series. Outside of the revelations, I certainly have some ideas for how Simon's gonna change things.

Hey all, just wanted to say I've finished all the way up to Volume 9 of Sword Oratoria and was a bit of the way through Volume 10 when I realized it was gonna go beyond Volume 10 of the main series.

So, I'm currently working my way through Volume 11 of the main series. Outside of the revelations, I certainly have some ideas for how Simon's gonna change things.
Can't wait to see what you got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back