1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

Turning quickly at the commotion, Konstantin raised his shield just in time to block the vicious blow, the daggers drawing sparks as they raked his shield!

"Assassin!" He hissed, looking the bear dead in the eyes as he saw how he was dressed. Raising his hammer, the blessed weapon sparked with pure white Light, before he smashed it down onto the pavement, causing a shockwave to blow back the enemy!

"Fiend!" He bellowed. "You shall not fell a Cleric of The Light!"

2. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

"Murderer!" Grimmy hissed back. "You bring death to us all!"

The little bear leaped onto a nearby car, riding the shockwave. He then leaped up to the nearby rooftop and began firing crossbow bolts at the paladin from overhead!

The Gravity Falls citizens, used to this kind of thing by now, just went about their business. A few teenagers began snapping photos on their phones though.

3. Zaravan

He blocked most with his shield, though two embedded themselves in his left Pauldron.

"Ex Diablo mortis, Lux Avelum Libras Luminum. Ad Astra Vertas!" He recited, raising his hammer high! A church bell tolled in the distance, it's solemn ring heralding a bolt of pure Light striking the rooftop where the Assassin hid!

4. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

Paul just slumped his shoulders and sighed, figuring he'd need to deal with the fallout from this. Giving a brief check of what gear he had on his person, making sure he wouldn't have to go into this with fisticuffs.

As he did so and the fight was going on, the Mogs of the Chocobo table gathered around the windows of the diner to watch the fight. Hraz just asked for another cup of coffee, while Argalon started to look things up with his phone. Checking what the local laws should be like.

5. AndrewJTalon

20 Die Roll: 13

The blast connected, striking the little Gummi Bear dead on. It knocked him off the roof and into some trashcans... But he soon got up, more hurt by the fall than by the blast.

"A holy strike?" He asked in disbelief.

6. Jesse K the Bubba

Jesse K the Bubba They call me...Bubba

All of the pixies were startled and began hiding behind or around Flare. The High Fairy himself turned and prepared to defend himself, seeing a sort of small bear attack Konstantin. The man fought off the dagger-wielding creature.

"Well today is full of surprises," he said while pulling out his wand, the unbreakable material giving a reassuring weight in his hand. "I guess this is one way to learn about Mister Cleric's magics. Now, Let's see... Hm... Bear, fair, glare, tear, wear... Hide, bite... No. Hm, ah! To one who wished my acquaintance dead, with claw and dagger you made your strike, now feel your feet weigh like lead, and may your wish for resting spike." Magic leaped from Flare's wand towards the bear, hopefully slowing it down and soon. He was pretty sure that such a crappy rhyme would last for ten seconds at best. He looked over towards his pixie followers, and they immediately turned all of their attention towards him, frightened or otherwise. "Try to make sure nothing else unexpected happens, please." They nodded and then spread out, watching out for anything that might enter the impromptu battlefield.

Jesse K the Bubba rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 11
    For: Spell
    Rolled on: July-27-2019, 02:49am

Relyt33, Valiant and Zaravan like this.
  7. Zaravan

Slowly advancing towards the Bear, he stared him down. "May you be judged by The Light, and be forgiven." And he raised his Hammer high, ready to bring it down on his skull. "Die, Assassin." He stated, before bringing it down with enough force to crack concrete.

8. dwennon

Seeing where the fight was going, Paul rushed out and told the others to try and do something. Pulling out a shortsword and a handaxe, both of spell forged damascus, Paul began running some magic through both weapons.

Reaching out with the axe, he swung out letting forth a number of vines as he did so to try and grab the warhammer coming down on Grimmy before it could get too far. With steam magic surging through the shortsword as he rushed to get in the way of the strike, hopefully before it could happen.

Hraz had begun preparing magic to protect Paul and Grimmy as this happened, while the Mog knights were rushing out to try and help. And Argalon had pulled out some cards, ready to lay down some law as soon as necessary...not knowing how effective they'd even be here.

9. AndrewJTalon

"HEY!"

A heavyset black police officer, with his tall, gangly partner, barked through a megaphone. "CUT THAT OUT!"

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  10. Jesse K the Bubba

'Well, my spell seems to have completely failed,' Flare thought just seconds before a small cavalcade of people came out, stopping Konstantin from braining the bear. Several people had burst onto the scene, readying weapons and magic, all ignoring the pixies trying ineffectively to stop them, usually because they were trying to physically pull them back.

"Well, this seems to have turned sour," he said as he readied a more constructed, less willful spell from the Black Magick style, "but hopefully the numbers can't beat my power... Ah, that would've been clever if it was on purpose. Blizzara!" The icy spell was launched, ready to hit all Flare deemed 'enemy'.

The spell stopped in midflight and canceled itself.

"Oh dear..."

Relyt33 likes this.
  11. Zaravan

His blow halted by the axe and sword, he grimaced and strained as he attempted to wrest it away. "Who are you?" He demanded, glaring down at Paul. "Another assassin?" He looked back, seeing what looked like mages, and knights. An entire band? Brigands, perhaps? "You won't find me easy prey, scum." Another part of him registered the odd looking men dressed in what seemed to be uniforms with some sort of badges attached. Lawmen, perhaps?

Relyt33 likes this.
  12. dwennon

"No, I'm not an assassin." Paul said, pulling away his weapons and withdrawing the magic he was working through them. "I am a captain and privateer, letter of marque and all." He said, sheathing his weapons.

"Though I don't know why Grimmy decided to attack you." Paul said sighing. Hraz directing the Mog knights to sheathe their weapons and go check on Grimmy. While Argalon began slowly walking over to the officers, putting away his cards.

13. AndrewJTalon

"He resembled the human Paladins who wiped out my people," Grimmy stated flatly. He paused. "I may have made a mistake."

14. dwennon

"...Well, that would probably help explain things a bit." Paul said, relatively nonplussed by this revelation.

15. Zaravan

"Genocide?" Konstantin spat. "No member of the Church would ever even consider such a heinous act! These 'Paladins' you speak of are nothing but murderers in plate armor."

Relyt33 likes this.
  16. Jesse K the Bubba

"Oh, so this wasn't some random fight to the death? Wasn't sure whether or not it was one of those worlds." Recalling the reason he canceled his spell, Flare smiled brightly towards the policemen. "Good day, officers! Sorry about that and all. Pixies, please stop now." The tiny fairies ceased their near-ineffectual tugging of the larger beings, the one who had seemed to be making headway at pulling at some man's deck of cards looking especially disappointed. While most of them went back to fluttering near him or his armored acquaintance, two seemed to have decided to rest on the ears of some rabbit-eared fairioid.

"Well, I suppose we should start all over. Hello, everyone. I am Flare. Are you all doing well this morning?"

17. dwennon

"Well, if nothing else I think we can agree that Grimmy had the wrong person. And the so called paladins likely have nothing to do with your order." Paul said, to try and cut through things some.
    After Flare said morning, Paul just nodded and said morning back. Somewhat preoccupied with making sure another fight didn't break out.

"Good morn, Kupo." "Fine, kupo." "May the day be joyous for you, kupo." "Kupo." The Mog Knights said as they passed by Flare to make sure Grimmy was okay, and possibly help carry him if need be.

"Why hello officers, is there someway I can help." Argalon said, just waving a hand at Flare while trying to help deal with the legal matters as soon as possible.

18. Zaravan

"I would think not." He says. "I am Konstantin, Cleric of The Church of Light. I serve under Fflewddur Fflam, who's Kingdom is in the likely far off from here in the land of Prydain." He exposits. "I am likely in some foreign land, far from my home. I must return as soon as possible, for Prydain is under siege by creatures of pure Darkness, who's endless wave drowned me, and trapped me in a realm of Dark for Light knows how long. It was only though my Faith that I was not consumed! Tell me, where am I? What is the name of this land?"

Relyt33 and Jesse K the Bubba like this.
  19. dwennon

"Oh boy. That's...not an simple thing to answer. But where to start, currently you're in Gravity Falls Oregon. Which is in the United States of America on Earth, in the overall world of New Camelot. Roughly. And I'm not sure I've heard of Prydain before, but I suppose I can try and see what I can do to help. If nothing else than sending out the word about your situation." Paul said, rubbing his chin in some thought to try and help collect his thoughts on this.

20. Zaravan

"...I don't understand half the words that came out of your mouth." He replied simply. "What madness are you on about? Oregon? New Camelot?"

21. dwennon

"Yeah, that's why I said it wasn't simple to explain. Let's try and simplify this a bit. You're in a town called Gravity Falls right now. This town, is in...a whole other world. Like a very distant continent if that helps any. Distant enough that it could take years before we even have a clue where your home is if there's nothing to help us locate it." Paul said, trying to make this explanation simpler.

22. Zaravan

He was quiet for a long while. "I... I see." He says solemnly, hanging his head. "..." He seemed at a loss, with no options to get back home or even how to find a way to do so. With no other option, he began silently praying.

23. Jesse K the Bubba

'Oh no, one of those species!' Flare thought with dread.

"Oh, New Camelot? I thought I was further away than that. Guess that means I'm fairly close to Avalon." The idea of setting foot on what many considered the birthplace of his people sent a giddy feeling through Flare before he calmed himself with a breath. "Hm, perhaps someone there could help you, Konstantin? My elders always said that Avalon will take you where you need to be."

Relyt33 likes this.
  24. dwennon

"I suppose Avalon is a decent choice. Though I've only heard what amounts to rumors about it taking a person where they need to be. And it implied to very much so be where they need to be, not want to be." Paul said, rubbing his chin in thought. "As well there are probably some methods of scrying that could help...and just plain trying to see if there's a hole or trail that could be followed." He added, not bringing up the possibility that the Heartless might've overrun this Prydain considering what he mentioned.

25. Zaravan

"Avalon?" He hummed as he turned to face him. "I've not heard of this place, but if someone there can help me... Well, I have no other choice." He admitted.

26. Faces

Faces Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Deryk, Son of Conrad

It was an idyllic morn in a verdant valley full of ancient trees.

*crunch*

And it was off to a good start with a freshly struck down and cooked hare in the opinion of the knight that had the luck of having hunted it.

It was good to be off the ship, for while the wonders of advanced technology were powerful and astounding.. it was good to be in more familiar territory again. Even if there were still signs of odd differences from his home such as the metal bridge that loomed overhead the valley or the large cylinder structure on long pillar legs. It was still dominated by the natural familiar world. He would have sworn he saw a griffon in the distance as well earlier and that only heightened the familiarity and feeling of being as close to home as possible for the knight now.

He had turned down the invitation to dine at the local feasting hall with Sir Leopard and the rest of those woken, preferring to try his hand at getting his own meal and enjoying being on a world so close to his home world though so far after the last night's labors with the others.

Idly he pondered how his path had come here, a commoner's son so far from home, on another world entire, amidst a band of varying people and races of which his homeland had never heard of before. And now to protect and serve under two destined heroes chosen to wield powerful artifacts by some divinity or other.

Truly it was something he never would have imagined on his days hauling things about his village.

With a smacking of his lips he finished off the last of the hare's meat, dumping the rest of the body for the scavengers to collect before dousing the fire and kicking soil into the crude firepit. It wouldn't do to set fire to the home forest of their new leaders after all.

Standing upright he walked back towards the ship to collect his armor, having worn his simpler gambeson for this outing alone. After all, it was simply an ordinary forest and he had no expectation of true battle. He paid little attention to the beings that converged on the hare's remains once he had turned his back.

--------

Once more armed and armored, feeling full with a mix of hare, light wine and bread in him, Deryk moved to head into the town (that would be called a city where he was from), leaving the ship they had arrived in behind him.

He would aim to meet up with Paul Leopard and the ones that had gone with him, and perhaps later on see the 'keyblade' wielders for the first time. Deryk could hardly imagine what grandeur those chosen by a greater divine than the ones on his world would have!

Relyt33, Zaravan and Lawbringer like this.
  27. dwennon

"Well, it's not your only option...though. I suppose we should probably try finding where you came here first, or the barrier. This place is supposed to be guarded from darkness, and if you were lost in the darkness for who knows how long...we should probably try and check on that." Paul said, thinking back to the mention of Contantin's mention of fighting darkness and somehow ending up here...some place that he'd heard is supposed to be protected form darkness.

28. Zaravan

"I appeared near some strange statue. I am loathe at the idea of going back near it." Konstantin rumbled. "But... To know this place is supposed to be guarded against Darkness is... Comforting, though it would be better to see for myself." The Cleric declared, shifting to heft his shield high. "Take me there, and perhaps my mind may be at ease."

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. dwennon

"Alright, let's go. Fingers crossed that your coming here isn't an ominous prelude though...no offense meant. But some paranoia with some of this stuff is rather warranted." Paul said, apologizing if his words offended Konstantin, while getting ready. Signaling the others to clean up or get ready, with Hraz joining Paul while Argalon chose to stay behind to talk to the officers to make sure they wouldn't have much in the way of problems later...in addition to making sure things were taken care of with the diner.

30. Zaravan

"None taken." He assured, taking a moment to kneel and whisper a quick prayer. For a moment, the aura of Light around him was a tiny bit brighter, before it faded again, and he stood back up, ready to go.

Relyt33 likes this.