1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kill Six Billion Demons

Discussion in 'General' started by Nervaqus987, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

It's entirely possible. Mottom said, way back in, Wielder of Names 4-76, that he withdrew suddenly, and returned with the iron feathers already embedded and a holy mission to destroy the multiverse. If that's when his "absoluteness" comes into play it would explain the sudden (from Mottom's point of view) shift in personality.

Least Devotee likes this.
  2. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I wonder if the angel feathers were forced on Jagganoth in later loops. Originally they were a boon, a blessing, but now he recognizes them as a curse and has to get them refreshed after each loop?
    He’s a demiurge: Surely there are some parallels between him and Zoss.

3. ElegiacCrown

You know, Metatron is called "The Undying" and his wings do look like they could be Iron. Both Jaggy and Zoss getting their powers from the same place, maybe being played against each other...

4. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Now if we could just get some of those top-tier devils and their heretical spells in this, we’ll have a nice stew going!

ElegiacCrown likes this.
  5. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

Not really, we already knew Zoss himself was aware of the loop and is seeking an end. As for the names, well Metatron certainly isn’t in a good condition so something happened there.

6. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

7. ElegiacCrown

“The king that holds the chains of the world must make his peace with them, link by link. They are heavier than any man, and they will not hesitate to break his bones.”
    -Au Vam, Pankrator of the Yellow City

Alt text: Ascension

Interesting! I think Zoss's previous statement about hoping that "this cycle [will] be different," specifically what Allison was up to, give some insight into what he's looking for in his heir. What does Metaton want out of this?

8. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

Is that a horizon of Zayd corpses?

9. Least Devotee

Huh, I think you're right.

10. dragonx99

dragonx99 Actually Satan

I don't think they're all Zayd, but the guy in blue up front is definitely him

11. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

So iirc, Juggernaut, who is a servant of Metatron, thinks that the resets are because Zoss wills them to be. "he turns the wheel and laughs at god". If it were on Metatron's orders, then they probably wouldn't be fighting so hard to stop whatever Zoss is planning.
    Jagganoth, meanwhile, thinks all this is Metatron's plan.
    I wonder if neither is right. Juggernaut's phrasing suggests that this kinda is the way things are 'supposed' to be, because that's what you do with wheels, you turn them. Perhaps these time resets are a creation of Ysun, a built in feature of the wheel so to speak, and whenever a new heir claims the throne they find out that it simply cannot be changed without obliterating the entire world or something like that.

I wonder if Jagganoth will become an ally by the time this will be over. That would be cool.

Also, funny he would say "...over TIME, those bound to ...", when time is the very thing he was insisting doesn't pass. I get his meaning, but still kinda funny.

12. Blacksoul

Blacksoul I trust you know where the happy button is?

13. ElegiacCrown

Obligatory "It's happening!"

You know, when Maya mentioned being poisoned by the sword, I didn't expect it to be quite so literal with Incubus. Also, Gog looks incredibly pleased with themself.

14. Least Devotee

15. ElegiacCrown

Next Level

Alt text: Jagganoth taking a leaf out of Demonhead Mobster Kingpin's book here
    Round 2: FIGHT!
    Are you ready to see the ultimate power of creation used as a particularly sharp rock?

You know, I don't think I've seen Jadis look this terrified before. There's a lot of emotion she can convey with literally just her eyes.

16. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Was that an Alucard vs Luke Valentine reference?

"Come on! Get up! Attack me! You've only suffered the loss of your legs. Summon forth your familiars... transform your body... heal your severed legs and stand! The evening is still so young. Come on... hurry, hurry, hurry! Pull yourself together! The fun has just begun! Come on, HURRY!"

17. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Update

BOSS FIGHT BOSS FIGHT BOSS FIGHT!

18. Hammers_Bjorn

Hammers_Bjorn The Bear with the Hammer

Abaddon: Before I get carpal tunnel syndrome, perhaps it is wise for me to tone down the character design.

Jagganoth: Lol no.

19. ElegiacCrown

Well...that is just the coolest fucking thing I have seen in a while. 10/10

“The Wheel-Turning King will have three characteristics: a fierce glare, hands as large as ox carts, and red skin. His body will boil like the surface of Hell. He is the annihilator of falsehood.”
    -Psalms

Alt text:

Man Catastrophically Owns Himself by Replacing Complicated Character Design with Even More Complicated Character Design

20. Hammers_Bjorn

But now, he must also juggle the annoying issue of size scaling that always come up with giant characters and their puny opponents.

But seriously. Chakravatin means 'perfect universal ruler'... And Royalty is all about violent fools turning the great wheel of existance by their bloody deeds.

Hail Jagganoth. Hail the Red Eyed Heir. Hail death incarnate, hail our destroyer, Hail to the King.

ElegiacCrown likes this.
  21. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

So, something pretty interesting that stuck out to me about Jagganoth's title card.

One of the titles listed is Red Eyed Heir.

To me, there's two implications I can think of about that title. The first is that Jagganoth is the heir of the Red Eyed King, Aesma's one time crush who almost conquered the universe until she threatened to beat him over the head with said universe. Rather notably, the Red Eyed King was also invulnerable.

The other implication is that once, perhaps the first time Zoss spun the wheel he chose Jagganoth as his heir. That he saw the potential for Jagganoth to break the Wheel but, due to Metatron's influence, he's now obsessed with breaking it literally instead of metaphorically.

22. Hammers_Bjorn

This is KSBD we're talking about here. I'm fairly certain the difference between the metaphorical and literal is paper thin at best.

Least Devotee and Xicree like this.
  23. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

The Demiurges, looking at CJ & AC: Fuck it, we doing the six-fold fusion dance.

24. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

This looks less like a boss fight and more like an auto lose cutscene tbh XD
    Damn, that's some cool art though. Jagganoth's previous form, once so intimidating, seems a lot less imposing now.
    I wonder how much we'll see of all the demiurges really cutting loose now.

Actual story spoilers from the War for Rayuba contest:
    I'm curious when he'll summon Ruin and bring forth his troops. The giant sword rammed into the earth (as if dropped from high above?) seems a lot more plausable now...

25. red knight

red knight Well worn.

Ruin is already in the panel he is holding it in his first arms on the right with a red jewel in the middle of the hilt.

ElegiacCrown and Gaemnomut like this.
  26. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

I looked that up on wikipedia, and it says that besides the meaning of 'perfect universal ruler', it's also a compound word with the original literal translation being something like 'someone who's wheels are turning (unobstructed)'? Kinda fitting for the 'wheel turning king'.

27. RainChild1024

RainChild1024 I have no idea what I'm doing. Send help, pls.

I wonder what Maya's up to, and how she managed to get on that rock.

I wonder if she'll fully come into her own as a student of Meti and become capable of killing even YISUN,

I wonder whether she'll take up Jagganoth's Word and become the bearer of BLADE instead of striking Incubus down and taking FLAME.

28. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

I'll bet you bragging rights that she'll make the situation worse when she shows up. She is, after all, not a noodle seller.

29. ElegiacCrown

You know, her showing up and offing Incubus right in the middle of the fight would probably cause problems. Assuming they haven't fallen to infighting, anyway.

30. RainChild1024

RainChild1024 I have no idea what I'm doing. Send help, pls.

Well, duh. She's a fine disciple of Meti, after all, and Jaggy doesn't seem like the sort to back down. And if the Demiurges go full Fusion Dance, it'll cause problems there too.