• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.

Like No One Ever Was (Pokemon SI)

Interlude XXIII - PTO III New
Thank you to my 50 Beginner Tier Patreons, and an extra special thanks to RageLord, Nodal_Gravity, ExaltedRequiem, and bob my Ace Tier patreons! Your support means so much to me.

■


Welcome to the Pokemon Trainers Online message boards.
You are currently logged in, IceQueen
You are viewing:
• Threads you have replied to
• AND Threads that have new replies
• OR private message conversations with new replies
• Thread OP is displayed.
• Twenty five posts per page
• Last ten messages in private message history.
• Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.

■

(Showing page 1 of 7)


♦ Topic: Nemona Glitterati
In: Boards ► Ace Pokemon Trainers
GurdurrMyLoins
(Original Poster)
Posted On May 29th 2017:
Kinda sad to hear that Nemona is going to Blueberry Academy. Why is she going to school anyways? Isn't she the Champion of Paldea now?

►BenjaminBurton
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Paldea has a bunch of champions and she wants to learn more. I think it's fine

►Dragyourpult
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I mean, not getting to see her fight anymore will suck, even if I get it

►Slacking & Weezing G-A-S-S-I-N-G (Double Battle Ace)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I'm sure she'll still have fights there - Blueberry Academy is actually noted for its battling. The videos of such might not be as widely circulated though, but I know a guy…
Edit: Cousin successfully bribed, videos will be incoming

►ViridianRoadie
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Okay know that this isn't the right forum for it but since we're talking about what's new with nemona, I heard she's going to be doing some more music stuff. Might take a while with school and all, but we should see some music videos and even a new album in the next year!

►NEOPower
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Don't worry, they merged the threads now, so this a super thread for all things Nemona, since she's a big public figure now. Speaking of, I wonder if we're ever going to get any info on her rarer Pokemon. Like Phantasm and Radianc3 (I'd kill for a Radiance)

►Gurumin (Pokemon Streamer)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Don't joke about killing for Pokemon. Yes, Radiance is very cool, but I don't think we'll see much of them. Their species name is Iron Moth and they were seen once beforeby a crazy professor down in the most dangerous and off-limits part of Paldea. The fact that Nemona found one (possibly the same one??) is just the crazy Glitterati luck she has

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Anyone else find it kinda weird how quiet she's been about her hisuian Zoroark? Like, she tells everyone the secret to how to turn Carbinks into Legendary Diancies, gives us some deets on Radiances, but nothing on that? I've combed through her interviews, and it's clear that she shuts anything about Phantasm's origins down hard, but not for any of her other, seemingly more powerful pokemon.

►OrdeliaVonFerrem
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Maybe her parents cut a deal with some poachers?
Edit: C'mon, I'm not even blaming her, just speculating!

►DarkraiestNight (Moderator)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Mod voice: don't accuse people of crimes without any proof (and if you do have proof then its best handled by the police, not here)

►LightItUp20
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I know the school is for battling, but do you think we'll see any more discoveries from her? Finding out about Carbink mutation was awesome even if I don't own a Carbink… yet.

►Atticus_Roads (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I doubt it; Blueberry Academy is a difficult school to excel in, only taking the best of the best. Nemona's skills are known, prodigious for her age even, but the early entry means she'll be working much harder to keep up. She won't have time for any major scientific discoveries alongside that and keeping up her battle skills.

►BrawnyBookworm
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I've heard that Nemona is apparently working with Colress of all people. Do you think her father asked for his help in making a new rotom phone?

►Hater4Lyfe
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Colress? How is that guy not in jail? Seriously, he was part of team Neo Plasma for crying out Loudred!

►Havin'AKarablast
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I doubt it's something so… I dunno, corporate? I think her parents would just ask directly. Remember, Nemona does plenty of her own research. She discovered how to evolve Carbinks into a legendary Pokemon afterall.

►SinnohSurvive
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Allegedly. I'll believe it when I see it.
Edit: When I see it from a non-biased, obviously non-doctored source, obv

►ZingZapZow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Uhh, dude, just go and search up the video, they have a recording of the moment Notch evolves (or is it mutates? She calls it a mutation and it doesn't look like regular evolution admittedly)

►Hater4Lyfe
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Back to Colress, anyone knows what gives with him?

►Sh3ppard (Temp Banned)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Officially, he has been seen as yet another person 'duped' by Team Plasma, and pardoned for his actions.
Unofficially, in the chaos surrounding Team Neo Plasma, he slipped out of the country. Authorities over here panicked but wanted to keep that panic from spreading around, so they didn't tell any other regions to be on the lookout.
Then come a few months later and we here he's not just chilling in Alola, he actually helped the authorities over there deal with some kerfuffle there (probably to get someone with authority on his side, as much as those island hippies have such a thing) and now we've got a big issue. So instead of 'arresting' him, Colress is requested back and then after coming back, forced to do sciencey stuff for us while given the appearance of being a free man, to avoid any interregional tension as 'our' criminal is one of Alola's 'heroes.'

Mod Warning: Racist language/tone. Alola's governmental structure may be different than other regions but there's no reason to degrade it, enjoy a week long ban

►RitchieRich (Banned)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Yeah, no, this is all wrong. Mostly wrong at least - Colress did leave to go to Alola after things went down here, but I'm not sure he even realized there was anything wrong with that, or with what he had done. In his mind, it was simply a methodology he tried, which failed, so he moved on.

The country was a mess afterwards, so he just boarded a plane as normal and no one caught him before he made it to Alola. Then he did what he usually did, whip up some miracle answer, and it ended up helping with some extra dimensional problems Alola had. When Unova asked for him back, he came right back and was willing to work for them.

Rather than throw the book at him and waste the opportunity they had with a genius like him, they just put him to work and kept quiet about things publicly, which is how it's gone since. Any time a thread pops about him, the mods quickly shut it down, to help cover it up.

Mod Warning: Do not accuse the mods of censorship. All the threads you talked about quickly got derailed from their original topics, or from civil conversation, which this thread is in danger of too. Take a 25 point penalty

►AlolaWow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nah, both of you are wrong. Colress did some bad stuff, but he had good intentions and then uh, whatstherename beat Team Neo Plasma and he was so inspired by them that he turned his life around, vowing to do good. That's why Colress helped in Alola and that got the attention of Director Cyrano. He knew how much good Colress could do, so he vouched for the guy and got him to work at his school.

As a side note, I think ya'll are underestimating how much tension there is between Blueberry Academy and Unova. Like sure, on paper it's a part of Unova proper, but if it was the Unovan government that wanted Colress around, he'd be on the mainland and not in the school.
Edit: Sorry, didn't see the Mod stuff, dropping it now

►Hater4Lyfe
Replied On May 29th 2017:
...Okay, so that still leaves me with a bunch of questions, but moving back on track, but can someone please tell me what Nemona is working on him with now?

►SnorlaxSuplex
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Gotta be something cool and Pokemon related with to two of them, right?

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That or something horrifying and Pokemon related. I haven't forgotten about Phantasm- nemona is as slippery as a Furret when it comes to answering questions about her!

►HohmaScoop
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I've got the scoop now - she's working with Colress on a project to supposedly let Gommy evolve into their Hisuian forms. It's a pretty big undertaking if it succeeds, though it'll be difficult. The ancient Hisuain Goodras have disappeared from Siinoh and the climate conditions have changed enough that trainers exploring there with Gommys haven't noticed anything strange. On the other hand, everyone said the same stuff about Kleavors, and Colress figured out a way to bring them back, so maybe they'll manage it.

End of Page. 1,2,3...5,6,7

(Showing page 2 of 7)


►HaxorDeezNuts

Replied On May 29th 2017:
What do Hisuian Goodras look like? Asking for a friend

►Burning-the-Competition (Confrence Runner-up)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nevermind that; what's their Typing? Regional variants always have different Typings and Dragon Types are so strong. I really hope they keep it but gain the Fire Typing.

►Laylalala (Verified Uva Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
You're going to be disappointed then as they gain the Steel Typing. Oh and here's a painting of Hisuian Goodra, sorry for the low rez

►GoodraFan
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That. looks. Adorable! I can't wait to get one!

►Violet_Wilt (Verified Blueberry Academy Student) (Devotee of the Church of Nemona)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Hold your ponytas; blueberry academy might come up with a bunch of crazy advancements, but they're also pretty hesitant with handing them out. You can bet that even if this succeeds 9not a guarantee btw) that there will be a long wait list to evolve any Gommy through that process. Also, you'll probably need top get a Gommy first

►GoodraFan
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Jokes on you @Violet_Wilt, I already have a Gommy, and she just laid an egg! Soon enough, I'll have a regular Goodra and a Hisuian Goodra, mwhahahaha!

►HaxorDeezNuts
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Good point, I better grab one before the League puts harsher restrictions on them, just like they did with Carbinks

►Violet_Wilt (Verified Blueberry Academy Student) (Devotee of the Church of Nemona)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That's not what I meant 🙁

►Atticus_Roads (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
But it's not wrong either, is it? While it's hard to say for certain, if Nemona succeeds here then that'll be a sign of a pattern forming, where Nemona comes up with some incredible new Pokemon development, and the League restricts it to stop a flood of trainers trying to capitalize. Therefore, the best strategy is to watch her closely and try to get ahead of her announcements

►Slacking & Weezing G-A-S-S-I-N-G (Double Battle Ace)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Oh hey, I know it's been a while, but I just got sent a battle video of Nemona's, apparently it's a real epic fight. here's the link
Edit: oh, she lost.

►Sh3ppard (Temp Banned)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Damn, Nemona got washed harder than her Rotom on spin cycle

►SinnohSurvive
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Too true. At least we won't have to hear people thinking that Paldea finally had a champion worth a damn competitively. Clearly, Nemona's win was just a case of slightly better trash beating other trash

►PewterPowerPack
Replied On May 29th 2017:
So lame, I'm gonna stop following her.

►Havin'AKarablast
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Whoa did you all see the same fight I did? Nemona might have lost but she did great! She fought as well as she ever has, it was just that the other girl was even stronger.

►NoManIsAnOrangeIsland
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Eh, I think she did alright, but her double battling skills definitely didn't seem as strong as Elsa's were.

►Bigleafenergy
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Speaking of, what was that weird horse she had? Never seen a Pokemon like that before

►PayingThePrice
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Me neither, but for it to take on Notch that thing must be hella strong

►Jerome_Powers (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
It is. I'm in the League Club and Elsa barely ever uses Glastrier (that's the name of the horse, either it's personal or species idk, I'm too scared to ask Els anything). I think the las t time she used it was against Charlotte, and she's got an Ultra Beast

►SirSchmoopy
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Holy Karp, this Elsa sounds insane. Why the heck isn't she a champion?
Edit: A real champion

►BadBisharp
Replied On May 29th 2017:
An ultra beast and some mystery legendary? Arceus, what the heck is up with that school??

►Julie_Esperanza (Verified League Official)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
tbf the UB and horse were caught in their students' home regions, but yeah, place is crazy. I'd heard it sometimes referred to as a 'unovan' school with a wink and a nudge, as if it wasn't really part of that region and thought that was kinda silly - of course they'd be beholden to Unova if it ever came down to it. But looking at these students and the Director's record, I kinda wonder…

►Violet_Wilt (Verified Blueberry Academy Student) (Devotee of the Church of Nemona)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
She is champion of the League Club. As for why she didn't compete back home, dunno. I think another person in the club asked once and she glared at him so hard he had frostbite for a week afterwards.

►HailOverSnow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Can't believe that Nemona lost to that utter disgrace of a trainer

►CrossHera
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Huh? Kinda would have thought from your username that you'd be all for the ice type specialist winning

►IceShredder
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Same. I'm usually happy to see Ice Types shine, but Nemona is great, so it's rough to see her lose like that. Also, feels really dangerous what Elsa did there, is she getting expelled for that bridge thing or what?

End of Page.1, 2,3,4,5,6,7

(Showing page 3 of 7)

►HailOverSnow

Replied On May 29th 2017:
I'm not an 'Ice Type' specialist, I'm a HAIL specialist. To see Elsa, that filthy coward, relying on the Snow weather condition when we've been proudly using hail for years... it's disgusting

►RitchieRich (Banned)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Ugh, Nemona got beat by a school kid? Pathetic

►Jangmore-o
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Uh you know that Nemona is a school kid too, right? And actually a few years younger than this Elsa too.

►RitchieRich (Banned)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
So? I've never heard of Elsa before, so she must be weak, which means nemona really is a fraud and probably had her parents pay off the League. Pathetic'
Mod Notice: *User has been banned for this. It's fine to be disappointed but throwing baseless accusations around is not. Considering this is not the first time the user has engaged in such behavior, they have been permanently banned*

►Hargreavance
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Of course, flawless logic there /s
On a more serious note, I hope that Nemona is okay. The footage was a little shaky there, but that fall looked scary, even if shee seemed fine by the end. Actually how did they do that? Did Froslass catch all of them?

►Jasminetea43
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That was so reckless, Elsa should be put in jail for that! It was attempted murder, even if she didn't try to kill Nemona!

►MrMilotic
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Whoa, calm down there. While Nemona seemed pretty upset, it looks like both of them were okay in the end and they were able to keep safe. Honestly, that ice spear at the end was probably more dangerous to nemona.

Edit: I think the fight was held in a foolish spot, but both girls are fine and honestly, who hasn't done something reckless like that as a young trainer? So long as they learn from this, its fine

Edit 2: jeez, not everyone feels the same way i guess. Maybe I'm out of touch, but I did waaaaaay more reckless stuff as a kid

►Dragyourpult
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nah, that was pretty crazy. Did you see how messed up the field got there by the end? They should have fought in an arena

►Beafangurl
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I can kinda get it, but it still seems dumb to fight there, they should have done it someplace else. More blame to Elsa for being the one to use Explosion, though at least she had the presence to catch Nemona's unconscious pokemon and probably Nemona herself.

►MimiGimmieGhoul
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Anyone else who just liked the fight as it was and was happy to get another video of Nemonqa battling, even if she lost? No, just me?

►Slacking & Weezing G-A-S-S-I-N-G (Double Battle Ace)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Okay, so I heard through my connections that apparently while Nemona's fight with Elsa went on, the rest of the League Club 'Elites' went to beat up challenge nemona's frineds. This went pretty well, mostly thrashing a bunch of ten year olds (though one member lost a very close fight, actually). Now it looks like nemona nad her friends want to fight back and take out the club.

Why does that matter for this thread? well it means we might get a bunch of new fight videos of her! Like this one: Link

►GurdurrMyLoins (Original Poster)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Whoa, that was a pretty good fight.

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Hope this means we won't have to deal with any more jobbing from Nemona.

►Hater4Lyfe
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Come off it; Nemona fought great before and her fight was incredible here tooo. I think we just have to accept that these Blueberry kids are tougher than a lot of people would think.

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
This was an improvement I suppose but I'm still going to reserve judgment.

►WinGulliver's Travels (Pokemarket Clerk)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
It still feels weird that I never even heard of them before.

►Superpower8 (Verified Eight Gym Badge Holder)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Why would you know anything about these kids? Dod you ever go out of your way to scout upcoming talent? Outside of this forum, I mean.

►HaxorDeezNuts
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Damn, she has an Ultra Beast? What the heck is going on with that?

►Superpower8 (Verified Eight Gym Badge Holder)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I'm more interested in those cool new Mega Evolutions! We saw that Ares brat show off the cutest yet most awesome mega in Falinks (even if he was a dirty cheater). and then Nemona shows a different Mega Evolution for her Lucario. I didn't even know Pokemon could have different megas. Was that something new she discovered.

►Jacinthe, the Great (Chairwoman for the Society of Battle Connesiuers) (Richer than you'll ever be)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I, Jacinthe, can explain that. While rare, there are Pokemon like Charizard that can have two different types of Mega Evolution. This adaptation to Lucario was discovered by the Mega Evolution Guru herself, Korina, and then proliferated by Quasartico Inc. That same company developed and did the same for Falinks.

Sadly, these advancements are not widely available to the public yet. Only certain people are privileged enough to access them yet. I dream of a world one day where all can reach that level of battling potential.

Signed, the Chairwoman of the Society of Battle Connosieurs

►AlolaWow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Uhhh okay, thanks for that, didn't know that. I did, however, know a bit more about Charlotte Linlin. To put it shortly: That girl is a menace, and I'm glad to see that someone finally took her down a peg.

►WinGulliver's Travels (Pokemarket Clerk)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Whoa, geez. What did she do to you?

►AlolaWow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Terrorize me.
Edit: Okay, I could probably give some more deets. Charlotte was raised in an orphanage and was always hungry, with a mean streak a mile long. Which is probably why she gets along with that Guzzlord.

She was a complete biatch to me and all my friends during our island trial. Rude, refusing to listen, and would steal my food (and my now ex-boyfriend). Any time anyone tried to call her out on it though, she'd laugh it off. Worst part was, she was super strong, so any time any of us tried to challenge her to a battle over it, she'd trounce us. Even the Trial Captains were having problems with her - they'd clearly set up trials that were designed to teach humility or cooperation and while we'd pass through the normal way, she'd just Bulldoze through with raw strength and still end up winning. This only got worse after she caught that thing.

UBs (Ultra beasts) are extremely rare, but slightly more common on Alola due to… dimensional resonance? Or something like that. In any case, they're rare, and dangerous, and Guzzlord is one of the worst of them. Constantly ravenous One of those things running wild could cause mass havoc, and that one did. Charlotte was long ahead of us by the time I heard about this, but I leaqrned that upon hearing about it, she tackled the problem head on. Instead of getting eaten, she somehow caught the thing (without even a Beast Ball, which are supposed to be the only ways to catch one!).

People generally viewed that as a good thing at first, happy the UB was dealt with, but it became clear this was making Charlotte even worse. There were rumors they'd have to call the Champion himself to force her to calm down which wasn't really like by anyone for some reason? Something about not wanting the league to interfere with the island challenges, tradition, blah, blah, blah.

So yeah, those two are super strong and super mean.

►BrawnyBookworm
Replied On May 29th 2017:
A little more details please?
Edit: Okay, that's a lot of details, damn.

►Burning-the-Competition (Confrence Runner-up)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
All that and she's still not the champion of their little club? Wow, guess I underestimated Elsa

End of Page.1,2, 3,4,5,6,7

(Showing page 4 of 7)


►BadBisharp

Replied On May 29th 2017:
I think we'll be getting a better look at her soon. Nemona should be on track for a rematch if that's the last of the 'Elite four' the club had.

►Laylalala (Verified Uva Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Hey, is there anyone from the League Blub on this forum? Who are you guys rooting for?

►Violet_Wilt (Verified Blueberry Academy Student) (Devotee of the Church of Nemona)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nemona

►Jerome_Powers (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I really hope Nemona wins.

►Skye'sTheLimit (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Do you think Elsa checks out these sites? I hope not :shiver:. But yeah, still hoping Nemona wins too.

►SupernovaCassandra (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I think Nemona can do it. She was already strong, but she's improved a ton.

►Laylalala (Verified Uva Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Wow, didn't expect it to be so unanimous. No Elsa fans in the club? She's gotten more popular online since that big victory she got.

►Jerome_Powers (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Yeah, but you lot don't have to deal with her every day. She's a menace. Cold, unforgiving, and dismissive of everyone she sees as beneath her, which is uhh, pretty much everyone. Nemona listens to us and actually gives good advice, for free after any battle. Elsa might help you out if you pay for a tutoring sesh, but she makes you feel like crap afterwards.

►Windinmyhair
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Whoa, did you hear the news? Nemona's experiment has finally been confirmed by another Trainer!! Link here!

►Bigleafenergy
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Which experiment? The Hisuian Goodra thing she was working on?

►HaxorDeezNuts
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Where have you been? That was confirmed a while ago, she's used Cataphract in a couple of her beatles in Blueberry I mean, they're still a Sliggoo, but he already has the shell, and I don't think he's going to lose it once he evolves again.

►GoodraFan
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Pics are here (and adorable!). Also, we've seen some more Hisuian Sliggoos recently! It looks like Blueberry Academy has a certified hisuian Sliggo revival program on their hands, may Dragon and Steel Trainers alike rojoice!

►Bigleafenergy
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Sweet… though aren't you worried about poachers trying to get them?

►TherianGecko (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
This is Blueberry Academy; pretty damn hard for anyone to break into an underwater school, and it's guarded by several champion tier trainers. Nah, the more likely thing is poachers just steal regulager Goomies then copy the tricks BB used to make 'em as soon as they publish their findings
Mod Warning: Please do not give out criminal ideas/advice

►Bigleafenergy
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Wow, I am out of the loop. Sorry, been a while, problems with real life. My Pa got trampled on by a spooked tauros and I had to stick around the ranch and help him out. So if that's not the new thing than what thi- HOLY SHIRTBALLS ANOTHER DIANCIE!!?!

►Cyan_Glitterati (Verrified Eight Gym Badges) (Verrified Uva Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
No need to shout, but yes, it looks like another Trainer has succeeded where my sister did. Indisputable proof that she's one of the greatest of all time.

►LightItUp20
Replied On May 29th 2017:
We're sure about this? I remember hearing a bunch of hoaxees back when her study first came out. Remember that video of the Carbink ina Diancie Costume?

►HaxorDeezNuts
Replied On May 29th 2017:
We all remember that - fucking hilarious how good a job they did on the design… only to forget any way to let the Carbink move the arms. That girl made it all the way to spot on her town's news program till she got called out.

►CountryGal27
Replied On May 29th 2017:
You and I have different ideas of 'hilarious'. The poor girl was in tears because she thought that doing that would show her Carbink how much she believed in tehm, and when it didn't work, blamed herself for 'not being good enough for Car-Car to evolve.' She was crying a lot and it was super awkward and sad.

►Jangmore-o
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Well, after a year, her theory definitely needed the proof. So many people were interested to start, but with the restrictions placed on catching Carbinks, few could try. Basically only those who already had ones, and even then, after a while it seemed like only dedicated battlers could push their Carbinks hard enough to succeed.

And this is definitely real btw, we have multiple videos, witnesses, (obvs as this happened at the Silver Conference) and even testimony from Professor Elm, who personally examined the new Diancie.

►Dragyourpult
Replied On May 29th 2017:
For a while, I think people thought that the only way to do it was to have their Carbink fight a Diancie and win, which led to a bunch a people trying to break past league barriers around official Diancie territories.

►PayingThePrice
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Getting a good look at them, she's gorgeous, isn't she? (is it a she? So hard to tell with mineral pokemon sometimes)

►NoManIsAnOrangeIsland
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I believe Clear Cut goes by she, yes. What's fascinating is that Nemona's prediction really did come true; Diancies that mutate in this manner have slightly varied traits. Clear Cut doesn't have the swoleness o Notch, but instead has Sapphires for gems, and her eyes are a sparkling blue too, a bit lighter than they were when she was a Carbink. Also, she had shorter ears than normal for a Carbink, and while it's hard to tell, from comparing to Notch and the photos of wild Diancies, I think Clear Cut's ears are a bit shorter than usual.

►Francis Dubois (Confrence Winner)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Please do not ear-shame my baby girl, she can be sensitive about these things.
Don't have a ton of time to answer things here, but I want to give a big shout out to @Nemona Glitterati. While Clear Cut and I put in a ton of work for this, we wouldn't know this was possible without you. Thanks so much for sharing this with the world

►HohmaScoop
Replied On May 29th 2017:
New Album announcement! Details here.

End of Page.1,2,3, 4,5,6,7

(Showing page 5 of 7)


►ViridianRoadie

Replied On May 29th 2017:
Seriously? Wow, didn't expect that, with her going to school and all

►Dynamix
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Or with her grudge matches against the League Club. Where does she find the time?

►Cyan_Glitterati (Verrified Eight Gym Badges) (Verrified Uva Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
By not sleeping enough, and Miles running a very tight schedule for her

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Who's Miles?

►Havin'AKarablast
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Uh, that's the name of her Rotom, duh. How can you be on this thread and not know that?

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Because this is Nemona's thread, not her Pokemon's. I'm more interested in the Trainers, not the team.

►Jerome_Powers (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Wow, someone is pulling an Atticus

►adriontompkins
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Oh come off of it, It's not like I'm buying barely legal Pokemon from sketchy sites. Just that in Nemona's page, I talk about her. There's another thread for her team too, and given the traffic it gets vs. here, I think it's clear that most people feel the same way as I do.

►Hater4Lyfe
Replied On May 29th 2017:
'Atticus didn't buy 'barely legal' Pokemon; he bought from illegal poachers and merely claims ignorance. How much of that was willful or even true… i'll leave that to other people to judge.

Back to the topic at hand, this thing is looking like it'll be awesome! We've only gotten a few teasers so far, but a new album is promising

►Muskter!
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Meh, I think she's an okay song writer and overhyped as a musician. And before everyone hops down my throats, that's not to say she's bad, but there's plenty of truly great artists out there, yet for months after her releasing a song, her folks flood it down everyon's throats

►Harriet90
Replied On May 29th 2017:
It does get kinda tiring listening to 'Take me to the Kaptin' for the dozenth time on the radio, and that was probably her least popular song

►Violet_Wilt (Verified Blueberry Academy Student) (Devotee of the Church of Nemona)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I'm just kinda worried about what it'll mean for her fight against Elsa. Like I know that Nemona has a good schedule and everything, but she still has to spend some time on this stuff too, while Elsa has just been training. Pretty much non-stop, any time that she isn't managing the League Club, I've heard she's been pushing herself to the limit in the Polar biome

►CowgirlRockstar
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Hey, they released a music video to hype up the album, and it's fantastic!

►Dynamix
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Link?

►ViridianRoadie
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Here. This is… amazing. An epic display of choreography and visual effects. Also, while it matches the song perfectly, I almost feel like this is just as much an advertisement for Blueberry Academy, and it's kinda working. Everything it showed looked amazing, and it's hard to believe that so much of the school is actually underwater

►GentleDan (Youngster)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Really? Wow. yeah I feel the same. I was thinking about heading out on my journey next year, but maybe I should go to Bluberry first. If things are half as awesome and I could get anywhere close to as good as their Elites, beating the Gym leaders should be a cinch

►Hater4Lyfe
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Damn, rematch against Elsa is looking hype!

►KarmaKecleon
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Meh, I'm kinda bored with this, just want to get it over with

►Laylalala (Verified Uva Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Why are you even here?

►Superpower8 (Verified Eight Gym Badge Holder)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Yes! Athena's taking the center stage frm the start! Good to see her getting some love

►ZingZapZow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Didn't we see her use that awesome new Mega last time?

►Superpower8 (Verified Eight Gym Badge Holder)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I know but still, feels like she hasn't been used that much

►NoManIsAnOrangeIsland
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That's just part of having a big team. Nemona's up to what, 11 Pokemon now? That's a lot to manage. Not everyone can shine in every battle
Edit: Or make that 12 whoa!

►KarmaKecleon
Replied On May 29th 2017:
If she's got so many Pokemon, shouldn't she just bench some?

►Havin'AKarablast
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Please, I've seen pro trainers do that and watched as their so-called 'fans' eviscerated them. Nah, there's no good answers.



End of Page.1,2,3,4, 5,6,7

(Showing page 6 of 7)


►HaxorDeezNuts

Replied On May 29th 2017:
Holy congadero, did Elsa send out her Legendary already? Before Nemona led with either of hers.

►Jerome_Powers (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Is Radiance really a legendary? I know their one of a kind, but I haven't heard any legends recorded of them, beyond that junk in Heath's book

►Professor_Briar (Verified Blueberry Academy Staff)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
What was that you said about my ancestor you little punk? Detention! Detention for a thousand years!

►Jerome_Powers (Verified Blueberry Academy Student)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Ms. Briar, nooooooooooo!

►Burning-the-Competition (Confrence Runner-up)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Moving on, I think if we count Elsa's Glastrier as a Legendary, Radiance is one too. I'm surprised that Elsa sent them out so early too, but it seems to have thrown Nemona off her game a bit.

►AlolaWow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Ehh I don't know, looks like she's recovering well.

►Violet_Wilt (Verified Blueberry Academy Student) (Devotee of the Church of Nemona)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Come Dun, you can do it! Take Down this frigid bitch!'

Mod Warning: Language. Please do not swear at fifteen year old girls just because you're rooting for the other Trainer

►Jangmore-o
Replied On May 29th 2017:
No way… She has a MELOETTA now?

►HaxorDeezNuts
Replied On May 29th 2017:
She has a Meloetta now!

►Havin'AKarablast
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nemona wins! Yesssssss!

►KarmaKecleon
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Finally. Took her long enough to beat a child

►HaxorDeezNuts
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Mold Breaker, bitch!


►CrossHera
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That battle was so epic!! Can't believe she pulled out another Legendary.

►Sh3ppard (Temp Banned)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Damn, must be nice to have rich parents who can get you Legendaries.
Mod Note: Temp banned again for baseless derogatory speculation/accusations. This has been a pattern with you, think carefully before making another message like this or you'll get more than a week long ban.

►Julie_Esperanza (Verified League Official)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nah, that's not what happened. You can't just ship a Legendary over like that. And Nemona didn't leave the school either as far as I know. Somehow, she just a found a Meloetta that happened to be there

►ZingZapZow
Replied On May 29th 2017:
In a school that's 99.9% underwater? HOW?!

►NoManIsAnOrangeIsland
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That's impossible. What kind of luck would you need to get the attention of three different freaking legendaries?

►Bigleafenergy
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Crazier things have happened. Have you heard the kinds of stories around Ash Catchum?

►NoManIsAnOrangeIsland
Replied On May 29th 2017:
*Ketchum, and yes, but those are different. Clearly some of that stuff is exaggerated and as for the rest… well he still never caught those legends. Meeting a bunch is still rather insane but there's a difference between a chance encounter(s) and earning their respect enough to catch them

►Dragyourpult
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Doi we know that Nemona earned their respect and didn't just beat them into submission?

►Havin'AKarablast
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Yes, or at least I think we can surmise so. Notch was caught before being a legendary, her Iron Moth needed to be beaten and stopped but after that Nemona asked them if they wanted to stay, and given some of her old comments history and general bahvior., I think it's fair to say that she convince Meloetta to join fair and square ytoo

►Dynamix
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Nemaon won and now she has the musical Pokemon to go along with her new album that's coming out! Oh Arceus this is a great day

►ViridianRoadie
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Sick. Do you think Meloetta helped with the album?

►Dynamix
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I think most of it would already have been recorded unless she kept Meloetta secret longer than we thought. Bodes well for the future though

►Farmsted54 (Olive Rolling Champion)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Indeed it does. So glad to see Nemona winning this. I knew she was the best

►PewterPowerPack
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Damn, thought that Elsa chick might be something special but I guess she's just a fraud

End of Page.1,2,3,4,5, 6

(Showing page 7 of 7)


►IceShredder

Replied On May 29th 2017:
Really? Cause your comment history doesn't support that.
Why do people get like this? They all hated on Nemona for losing, and while I'm happy to see her win here, I think Elsa fought pretty well too.

►CrossHera
Replied On May 29th 2017:
That's just how it goes; everyone's looking to be the best, and for us spectators, it means wanting to support the best. Aside from the dedicated fan clubs, people can be quite fickle

►GurdurrMyLoins (Original Poster)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
Plus, a lot of people online are teenagers, especially the ones on the BB side seeing all of thise. Teenager aren't exactly the most critical thinkers, especially the ones who spend their lives glued to tiny screens.

►Gurumin (Pokemon Streamer)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
You do realize the irony of posting that statement here? Right


►GurdurrMyLoins (Original Poster)
Replied On May 29th 2017:
I'm aware, and yet it is true. Still, now that Nemona's had one loss and come back from it, we'll see more people sticking with her and not letting a stumble or two dissuade them in the future. Which is a good thing, because it looks like she's only going up, up, up! With the music, scientific achievements on top of her skills as a Trainer, I predict she isn't just going to be an elite Trainer, but a name to be written down many times over in the history books

End of Page.1,2,3...5,6, 7

■



Thought it would be a good time for another forum interlude. These are always a bit tricky but I hope I got the formatting right and it looks good.

Now, as a heads up for next time, it's an Elsa interlude. I understand that she's a divisive character, but considering everything, I felt we needed a chapter to wrap up her story. This will be the last time she shows up directly in the story (she'll be mentioned a bit again at the beginning of Nemona's return to school) and if you really hate her character, you can skip it and it probably won't affect too much. Still, I felt it was needed (honestly I had more stuff planned, but I axed a lot of it) for people who are interested in her and just to close up that plotline.

So yeah, if you simply despise Elsa, consider yourself warned and just skip the next chapter. In any case, I hope you're enjoying the story and looking forward to what comes next. Also, if you haven't seen, I've started a new story, Brand New Isekai, a Spider-Man/MCU Jean Grey focused story so feel free to check it out and comment her or on the Discord. And if you want to read more and have a bit of money to toss my way, I have a a Kofi and a Patreon, subscribers to the latter get early access to the next ten chapters. Thank you, and I hope you're having a good day.
 
Last edited:
Interlude XXIV - Elsa Death New
Thank you to my 49 Beginner Tier Patreons, and an extra special thanks to RageLord, Nodal_Gravity, ExaltedRequiem, and bob my Ace Tier patreons! Your support means so much to me.

Elsa Death POV

The trip home took a long time. There was the submarine ride, a drive to the airport, flight to Hammerlocke, and from there a train ride to Wedgehurst, where I'd get off and change tracks to the Crown's Snowfield line. And after that, a long hike from there to get to the castle at the top of the peak.

All of which was to say I had over a full day to get back home, to try and marshal my thoughts, yet every time I tried, it wrapped back around to a single question: How did I lose? I trained so damn hard and yet, and yet…

Meloetta's ethereal tones haunted my mind. That was not the only factor but… how can she have another Legendary? Without any sign she ever left! It's- it's just so unfair! I know that I worked harder than Nemona did - that brat took the time out to do science projects and make a music video, yet somehow she gets another Legendary.

I stomped the ground as I exited the station, causing one of the attendants nearby to jump and look at me oddly. The motion caught my attention and I forced myself to calm down. Conceal, don't feel. I can't let my emotions show. Not when anything, everything I did was a reflection on the noble House of Death.

Taking in the cool, crisp air, I calmed down, taking a step forward into the frozen wilderness. The deep green of the trees was mostly obscured by the snow, hanging heavily on its branches. The soft, powdery snow sparkled in the early morning light, granting a mystical quality to the woodland.

Abomasnows strode across the icy hill, content by the trees they cared for, except when roused by the carelessness of Mamoswines carelessly charging nearby and into said fauna. The Abomasnows would swiftly drive off the offenders. Underneath such titans, Frosmoth and Swinubs shuffled about, uncaring of the squabbles of the larger Pokemon. Everything is safe and easy for them. They don't have to push themselves or worry about losing it all to some stupid brat-

A few more deep breaths and I was ready to continue, though I didn't take the path down to Freezington. Everyone there is so cold, metaphorically at least. In terms of actual temperature they were probably fine, but how they behaved towards me was egregious. They just stare, barely say a word in front of me, won't respond unless I directly ask them a question and even then get only a single word response most times.

Sure, my introduction to them, proclaiming myself as 'one of noble birth' likely wasn't the greatest, but it had been years now! I'm glad Father moved us up to the peak. There was something about that village that always unnerved me. I suspected some specter haunted it, which is why I had our house lined with Dark Stones, and even had them built into the foundations of our newly renovated home.

Freezington was along the way for the smoothest path up the mountains, but it was also a long, circuitous route, around Giant's Bed, the Old Cemetery, and then around up a long slope to the top. Going through Freezington alone sounds like too much of a hassle today. I'll take the faster route.

Turning to the steep mountain face, I reached for Glastrier, seeking assistance with the climb, only to hesitate as my finger brushed by his ball. After losing, they'll be… difficult. I can't waste energy wrangling them when I need to prepare for the battles ahead.

Moving from the Legendary, I released Froslass. A stop at a Pokemon center had seen her recover from the battle she'd fought in, but I could see from the slight way she sagged in the air, some exhaustion to her body. Well, this shouldn't be a very tiring trip, not for her at least. "We shall go home," I decreed, and my faithful Ghost dipped her head, raising me up the first of many ridges with her fine-tuned telekinesis.

She performed well against Nemona, better than even my high expectations would have placed her strength. I've heard of a new Mega evolution discovered for her species; perhaps that would be enough? Even as I wondered that, doubts crept in. The young Champion had Mega Evolution of her own, and utilizing that would mean giving up Terastalization, one of the key tactics I had to get around the weaknesses Ice types possessed.

I was under no illusion of the drawbacks to mono-Type Trainers, and particularly the many weaknesses the Ice Type shared. Yet how can I deny the splendor of this Type? Just looking around, I can see the sheer power in the Crown Tundra, where only the most rugged can survive. As I walked, I spotted a large Beartic, growling angrily at the disturbance my passage caused, only to stop as I leveled a look at it. The creature was mighty, easily capable of causing an avalanche that could bury half the mountain, and yet she knew she wouldn't stand a chance against me.

The Beartic made no steps backwards, having a nest of Cubchoos to look after, but she dared not get closer and her growls died down. This is how I should be treated. If only the students at school had half as much sense as Arceus gave wild Pokemon.

I continued my climb, my thoughts shifting from what I might do in the future to combat Nemona's team, and more on what I might say to Mother and Father. Perhaps they haven't seen the match yet? No, they will have; I'm the 'hope and future of the Death line' there's no way they wouldn't have been alerted to my failure yet. But really, how was I supposed to predict another Legendary?

After a few hours, I made my way to the top, cresting the last peak to come across the wide opening that connected my home to Slippery Slope off to the side. On the flattened top sat a magnificent castle, rebuilt with black marble and rising high in the air. It was square shaped, with flat topped towers at all four corners and a spire shooting up from the center, letting one gaze down at not just the Crown Tundra, but all of Galar. It was the most imposing, wondrous thing I had ever seen, as magnificent today as it was the day I first saw it, when Father had it built for me.

I first laid eyes on it after my first year at Blueberry Academy, a reward for my excellence there, and for catching Glastrier in the first place, which had caught Director Cyrano's attention and earned me an invitation to his school. I'd run into it giddily that day, and Mother had not even reprimanded me for a lack of decorum. Today, I marched in with far more trepidation.

Not before recalling Froslass and thanking her for her efforts, however. She did well, and helping me with ascending the mountain. I could have utilized my Aura to craft a set of icy stairs up, but such a feat would be tiring, and I needed all my strength for the upcoming conversation.

The large double doors at the entrance were over three times my height, and while not barred, their sheer weight meant I had to push hard to force them open. Creaking forward, an icy chill swept into the large entrance hall ahead of me, cooling it down a little and making me a bit more comfortable. Mother always complains about the cold, but I find the castle still to be a touch too warm for my liking.

The entrance hall was a grand thing, with two main doors to either side, right and left, and two smaller ones in the back, on either side of the massive central staircase that dominated the hall. It split into two separate staircases, leading to the wings on the second floor. A magnificent chandelier hung from the wide, high, arched ceiling above, the crystals glittering softly in the torch light.

Walking forward, I took distant note of the various paintings of my family's ancestors and their partner Pokemon lining the walls, interspersed with suits of armor to show our noble, chivalric heritage. All of them were supposed to be original pieces worn by the members of the Death family, but I knew for a fact that some of them had proven too difficult to restore or find, lost in various battles, and were instead replaced with mock-ups. Father went to great lengths to make them look as accurate as possible to the originals, and to even greater lengths to make sure that I would never reveal that they're fakes to any who would come here. As if anyone would come here.

I let out a humorless laugh at that before marching up the stairs. At the end was the large portrait of Daemon Death, the progenitor of our family and a cousin of the King's, back when Galar still had monarchs. He had the same white hair I had, and seemed to have a sneer on his face even in this portrait, painted of him having won a great battle, as if he was looking down on everyone else. It certainly felt like he was looking down on me, right now.

Twisting to the right, I walked along the west wing before turning and entering the lounge. The space was filled with a number of potted plants, the wooden paneling designed to give it warmth and serve as an open space to mingle and gather. In any other castle it might have led to an open yard, but it was far too cold atop the mountain to have such a thing.

As expected, my parents were waiting within the lounge, both seated at one of the central tables. I walked around the screens, coming to a stop just before them. Neither made any effort to greet me, and from the Rotom Phone on the table, I knew they had seen the results of my fight.

He wore a pristine white suit matching his (dyed) hair, with a spot of color in his red tie, while Mother was wearing a hat with a floral arrangement on top, as well as a fashionable striped pantsuit. Both could see me out of the corner of their eyes, but they gave no indication of noticing me.

"Mother, Father, I have returned," I announced after a moment. Silence. "I did well, on my tests-"

"Well? Your disgrace has been broadcast across the world, and you call that doing well?" Father interrupted suddenly, his mustache twitching angrily.

I cast my gaze to Mother, hoping desperately for some sort of help, for she could sometimes be kinder to me. I forgot that she could also be crueler, when the mood struck her, and on this day I received nothing but more scorn. She tilted her large hat up to look at me before shaking her head dismissively. "Mere perfection is not something to brag about; it's the expectation. Or are you nothing more than a Bolthound, begging for treats for performing a trick after shitting indoors?"

"It was just one loss! And- and Nemona's a Champion and I beat her once-"

"One loss is too many. She's a child, and that is all the world has seen - you being defeated by a child. And to have won already and then regressed?" My Father said, cutting off my excuses lightning fast. "Dissapointing." He spoke the last word as if it was some unforgivable sin.

I didn't regress! I was stronger than ever in that fight! Nemona just… got better. She was more proficient in Double Battles, had a surprise Legendary, and I didn't throw her off her game at the beginning of the fight. None of that was what I said, knowing they'd just rebuff any such explanations.

What I ended up saying wasn't any better, however. "Why can't I ever just make a mistake? Everyone else does." I hear them in the halls, all those students talking carefree about missing a test or breaking something, like it doesn't matter.

"Because you are a Death," Mother stated imperiously, rising to loom over me beside Father. "You are not like other people, you are better than them, gifted." Her voice took on a soft, hurt quality to it. "Which is why it disturbs us so when you fail to live up to your potential. To your destiny."

"Exactly," Father agreed. "You have the potential to rise up to the highest station, to enact great change for this region, and possibly even the world. But what good will all that potential do if you squander it?"

Right, 'my destiny.' Always back to that with them. My parents always had high standards for me, but as I grew older, things had changed. At first it was just pride in how quickly I'd take to certain things, then pride, when they saw my skills as a Pokemon Trainer flourishing at a young age, and then… then I caught Glastrier, and it became an inescapable pressure. A 'destiny' they refused to name, but constantly hinted at, implying great things for me. Things unnamed, but with significant glances given to the trappings of our noble heritage.

"I'm not squandering it, I'm still on track for everything. Losing to her doesn't mean anything-"

"It means everything!" Father shouted, slamming a hand on the table, and I winced. "People have seen you as a loser, and they don't follow losers! Do you know how much we've given up to support you? Day in and day out, your Mother networks on your behalf, and I work to maintain proper alliances to pay off our debtors for this, the castle we built for you. But your failures drive everyone of proper standing away."

I snapped. "You built this for yourself! Nobody comes around because our 'ancestral lands' are a frozen wasteland not even the most aristocratic fop over in cities wants to visit! Nobody wants the monarchy back, which is why they stopped me from entering the Gym Circuit to begin with! I'm not the failure here, you ar-"

I stopped a stinging sensation across my cheek silencing me. Blinking, I looked up to see my Father's hand, and I realized he had just slapped me. "Insolent whelp! How dare you- dare you-" he stuttered as the temperature suddenly dropped, frost creeping across the floor as my Aura broke free of the tight hold I had on it.

"G- get to your room!" Mother stammered. "At once!" I wanted to argue more, but one look at their faces quashed that. They're looking at me as if I was a monster. Defeated, I slumped, not caring as I dropped my 'noble posture,' slinking away to my room.

My room was atop the tower furthest from the heating unit, leaving it nice and cold. The room's walls were stone and barren, save for ribbons and trophies; Father had decreed that the only adornments my room should bear would be my achievements. I had a number of them, from my hard earned skills on the piano and singing, and of course, several for battling. None were on the level of True Championship, but I'd gotten first place in all the minor tournaments I had entered.

I tried to spread them around the room, to hang and cover a bit more space and make the place feel less empty. In the corner sat my large four poster bed, and I dropped on it, staring out the window. Everything looks so peaceful, so serene out there. Why do I even bother with any of this?

It was a nice dream, to imagine abandoning everything and simply existing in the wilderness, where there were no pressures or demanding parents, but I knew it was just a fantasy. There was no way they would let me leave, not after pinning so many hopes on me. Whenever we do meet with some baroness or duke's family, they constantly praise me, put me on a pedestal for all to see; they simply can't afford to let me go.

Deep down, I knew I didn't want to either - less so for my parent's sake, but to prove I was worthy. That I could match the legacy of my ancestors. Not that anything I do seems to work. I sighed, and Vanilly popped out of his Pokeball, floating towards me, and I leaned into his soft, cool body, letting myself cry softly.

I released the rest of my team (bar Glastrier), not caring about my appearance or lack of composure. This was the one place where I could be free, and my team were the only beings who wouldn't judge me for such an unsightly display.

Darmanitan remained calm, patting me on the shoulder twice with a gentleness that belied his incredible strength. I couldn't quite see the place we had met from my room, but I remembered it clearly. He stood alone from the pack we'd been training against, and it took a while to provoke him to fight. When he did though, he showed more skill and cleverness than the entire group, varrying his attacks in ways they refused to, adapting his strategies. When his anger was roused… he was stronger than the entire group too. He was the first Pokemon to give Vanilly a real challenge.

I suspected Sir Quag would have given my starter a challenge too, had he been in fighting shape when we first met. I'd been traveling with my parents, who were being entertained by some noblewoman and her shipping magnate husband, the conversation so dreadfully dull, I'd begged it off a few minutes after dinner, citing my need to train. There, on the beach outside their summer home, I found Sir Quag, beaten and battered, yet still standing, his arms spread wide.

I couldn't make out what Pokemon it had fought, though I thought I saw some large blue shape with wide fins dive back beneath the surface. In any case, the battle had clearly left it's scars, literally in the case of the long gash over Quagsire's left eye. I captured him immediately, and he wasn't strong enough to fight the Pokeball, letting me heal him.

Sometimes, I wonder if Sir Quag resents that, despite his honor compelling him to serve me. Of all my Pokemon, he was the most stand offish, even more than Glastrier - the Legendary's emotions were often one of anger or frustration (amid some more positive ones like pride and rare acceptance of affection after hard-won fights), but you always knew where you stood with them. Right now Sir Quag stood with his back turned to me, not offering comfort or even fretting like my nervous Alolan Sandslash did, rolling across the floor back and forth. Still, I noticed that even while Sir Quag wouldn't look at me, just out of coincidence, he happened to be standing in front of my door, guarding it against any (read: my parents) who would try to enter.

All of them are so strong, so wonderful… I need to get stronger, for my family and so the world can appreciate them more.

***

Weeks passed in chilly silence within the castle. My parents didn't speak to me, but I got the sense they were talking about me. Those suspicions were proven true one day as Father entered my room out-of-the-blue.

"Elsa, we've been considering your situation," he said, his tone measured. "Blueberry Academy may not have been the best fit for you."

"What?" I said, my head snapping up. "But- no, Director Cyrano has promised me a recommendation to the Gym Circuit once I'm done."

Father scowled, disliking being corrected, but nothing more than that. He'd regained his composure since my disastrous homecoming. "I recall him saying you would only earn one if your behavior was exemplary, and your latest showing was anything but."

"I'll win the next match, I'm sure of it! We've been training hard; all of my Pokemon have come forward drastically since then-"

"Even Glastrier?" His piercing question was followed with a gaze to the Pokeball that rested on my bedside dresser, untouched since I got here.

"I- they needed time to cool off after a loss," I weakly defended. "Soon we'll begin their training again."

"Good, however it won't be for Blueberry Academy. I've had a word with the Director and he's expressed 'concern over your actions' within the school. Your Mother and I worry that you won't manage this by the end of your schooling there. Thankfully, she has provided another option for your advancement." He pulled out a scroll of all things from his pocket, passing it to me.

Untying the ribbon around it, I unfurled the paper, reading. "You've been invited to Mustard's Dojo on the Isle of Armor for an intensive training class," I read aloud. "What is this?"

"A new opportunity. Mustard was once one of Galar's Champions. He'll have much to teach you, and has promised that if you pass he'll give you his recommendation to participate in the Gym Circuit next year. That is all you have to do this time; pass. You can manage that much at least, can't you?"

Leave the school? Never have the chance to reclaim my club? No, this isn't right. I don't want to go! "No! I mean, of course I could manage that, but you're the one who taught me not to settle for mediocrity. I'm going back to Blueberry Academy," I stated firmly.

Father stepped towards me angrily, raising a hand. "Insolent brat! I told you that when I actually thought you could-" He stopped, feeling the cold emanating from me, the frost spreading along the floor towards his feet. "W-We've taken you out of Blueberry Academy and that is final. Hopefully you'll be done with your little outburst by dinner," he declared, the imperiousness of his tone undercut by his need to desperately flee my room.

I sneered as he left, before just dropping down, emotionally exhausted. Why do they hate these powers I have? Everything else I excel in and I at least get nods of approval, but something truly special and they act like that. Even back, before I went to Blueberry Academy and meekly followed their whims, they hated that part of me. Not having any answers and not wishing to stay here, I grabbed my Pokeballs and headed outside.

Making sure to use the 'servants passages,' I avoided my parents. Such pathways also let me ignore anyone else as there was no way we had enough money to hire help like that. Out the front door I wandered down the slope, not even sure what I was looking for, but stopping instinctually as I spotted an offshoot of the main path that was mostly clear. Here's as good a place as any, I suppose.

Releasing the majority of my team, I told them, "It's time." They nodded, getting ready to defend me as I sent my Darmanitan forward, then released Galstrier in the opening. The horse Legendary landed with a heavy thud, and the temperature dropped precipitously. The cold never bothered me, but the sheer anger carried with its intent made me shiver.

"Belly Drum!" I ordered and Darmanitan began beating his stomach violently, each slap carrying out loudly as his body shifted, his shape becoming that of a burning snowman's. Glastrier charged ahead, violently stomping on him. With the Sitrus berry he chomped down on, Darmanitan was able to push through, rolling in a wheel of flame to scorch along Glastrier's flank.

"Flare Blitz," I ordered, and Darmanitan burnt a deep line in the snow, hitting Glastrier hard. As much as it must have hurt, though, the angry horse was tough, and they took the blow before slamming down with a Stomping Tantrum of their own, which knocked my first fighter out.

Letting out a Neigh that Chilled even my bones, Sonic stepped forward, and then blurred ahead, moving almost faster than the eye could track in this snowy weather. Up, down, side to side, the Alolan Sandslash struck out with Metal Claws, cutting into Glastrier too fast for them to react. The Legendary shot ice out ineffectually, missing the small, blue, hedgehog-esque Pokemon. Many of the shots hit all around, cleaving trees and shattering boulders, but I wasn't worried, Froslaas having raised a barrier in front of me. Glastrier's power hasn't risen enough yet to risk breaking it, even if any of the shots had come close.

Getting frustrated, Glastrier stomped the ground hard, shaking the entire side of the mountain. Sonic was thrown about bouncing around, and only the Focus Sash around his side snapping kept him in the fight. The Earthquake also unleashed a small avalanche, tumbling down towards me, but the Reflect screen diverted the snowfall around to prevent me from being buried. "Keep at it!" I called out, and my Sandslash sprung back into action at my encouragement, striking the Legendary even more furiously than before.

It didn't take long for them to realize they needed to do the same attack again, and another earthquake shook more snow loose and knocked out the second Pokemon I'd used in this fight. Glastrier Neigh'd again, gaining even more power, but the previous battles had left their marks. They were panting heavily, and I knew they couldn't fight much longer.

"Give it up! You're strong, but you can't win against my full team. I already proved this, so why must you fight me on this?!" Our first meeting had been difficult. I hadn't understood the nature of their power, and I was down to just Vanilluxe by the end. Glastrier had tried to turn tail and run, but I ran after, conjuring reigns of ice as I jumped on their back, trying to bring them to heel. They were still quite wild after that, but once I beat them, they at least listened to me- argh!

Clutching my head, I dropped to the ground, a Psychic presence beating on my head. ['You fool! You understand nothing of my magnificent steed.'] Stepping out from around the bend was a strange, bipedal creature. They had a deer-like face, stubby arms, and most of their mass was occupied in the large bulbous crown above their head. It would be difficult to walk with such a weight balanced above them, but the fact that they could float forward certainly helped.

The Psychic pressure kept up, pounding at me, and keeping my body pinned as the creature moved ahead. My Dark Stone necklace! I forgot to put it on in my rush out of here. ['My steed needs more than a violent demonstration of power, they need respect, the respect of their liege. I offer you that,'] They mentally projected as they floated in front of Glastrier. ['Now join me, and let us be free, together.']

They're going to take Glastrier away from me! "No!" I shouted, letting loose a blast of ice at the Psychic being. They hissed loudly, their telepathic grip loosening over me, before they doubled back down, crushing my body again. My Pokemon moved around, trying to protect me but unable to easily combat this force.

["Arrogant girl! That will not be enough-'] They began before Glastrier headbutted the creature, hard. The blow sent them collapsing to the ground and I was free to move again. The Legendary horse, clearly deciding it had enough of both of us, turned and galloped away.

"Get back here!" I called out, to no avail, my Legendary running away, down the mountain.

['Look at what you've done! You made them run! I was so close to being reunited after so long…'] The Psychic being moaned. I worried it would try and stop me again, but Sir Quag, Vanilly, and Lady Ice moved forward prepared to attack if they tried anything, and the creature just slumped down.

"You're one to talk; I had things under control until you intervened! I would have shown my strength to Glastrier once again and they would have had faith in me."

['Glastrier is the steed of kings; they respond to respect, not brutish claims of dominance!']

"Oh really? It sure didn't seem that way when they knocked you down, whatever you are."

The creature glared at me before slumping down. ['I- It has been many, many years, and I have lost much of my former strength. They may not recall me in my weakened state, and I do not have the means to bind them to my side once more.']

"Whatever. I need to go after them, before they…" Leave me, forever. "Get into trouble," I finished, beginning to turn and walk down before they telepathically called out.

['Wait! Please, let me come with you. I have not seen my horse in centuries. Even should they not accept me, I'd like to say goodbye.']

"Who are you?"

['My name, is Calyrex, and I was once a great king.']

***

We walked down the mountain, and Calyrex explained their situation to me. How they had once been widely respected and helped the land grow and flourish, but as the ages had passed they had been forgotten, and lost the majority of their power. How my parents had inadvertently turned what once was the seat of their power to a fortress built with a foundation antithetical to them.

"That's awful," I said and they turned about to stare at me suspiciously.

['I had not gotten the impression you cared about such matters, least of all for someone else.']

"Who are you to-"

['I'm a Psychic, and I've felt you before. You take pleasure in hurting others. I'm still baffled that one such as yourself could somehow take control of my steed.'] Clayrex grumbled.

"I don't- only when they're being idiots and I get to put them in their place, and who wouldn't feel good about that?" I continued before they could answer the rhetorical question. "Besides, you clearly don't know everything about me - or your steed. I am Elsa Death, descendant of kings and queens, ice flows through my veins, and I am the greatest Trainer… or I will be, someday at least." I amended. "Glastrier saw my power and bent to my will because they knew I was great. That is how kingship works. Power, not mercy or respect."

Calyrex stared at me with that unfamiliar gaze of theirs, before slowly bobbing their head (somehow not losing their balance while doing so). ['There is some truth to your words. I feel a strength from you few humans possess; I may be weakened, but most unguarded minds I would be able to take over fully, yet you fought me. That being said, I still believe respect is better. With mutual respect, you'd not have needed to fight them - why did you need to, again?']

I sighed loudly, hating to have to actually speak the words. "Because I lost, and Glastrier lost faith in me."

['Did they? I admit, my memory has faded greatly with age, to the point that I could barely recall Glastrier's appearance, yet their noble nature… that I remember clearly. I don't think they would act in such a way, not to one that had already proven themselves.']

But if that's the case, then I just- no. No! I felt their anger, I'm sure of it. Yet, as I thought of it, I wondered if my assumption was correct. They hadn't broken out of their Pokeball in the weeks hence, so what if their anger which I had felt building up was due to something else? In which case I was just projecting, feeling unsure of myself and in my efforts to 'prove' my worth, driving them away.

We crossed into Giant's Bed in silence. While I'd lost track of where Glastrier had gone from the mountain, the icy trail across grass and flowers clearly marked our way.

"Before, when I said it was awful, I meant it. Being alone like that… it's terrible."

['You speak as if you know of this. Yet you're surrounded by humans.']

"They're near me physically, but I don't have anyone truly close. I thought I did but- I guess even Cyrano didn't believe in me." Perhaps Father misinterpreted what he meant? Possibly, but it doesn't really matter. Ever since I beat Nemona, I've seen something different in his gaze towards me. Something disappointed.

"I tried to be a good leader," I said, talking to this strange pokemon, simply because I could and I didn't need to fear the words getting back to anyone, making me look even weaker. "I proved my strength in the League Club, and then I set a good example, of how to be a disciplined Trainer. I instructed others to comport themselves in the same manner, but no one respected me for it. They were just afraid, even after I beat Nemona, and when she beat me…"

Why did I even want to stay at Blueberry Academy? Sure, it had been fun, at the start. The school itself is a marvel of engineering, with so many wondrous elements, but I made no real connections to the people. Becoming the Champion of the League Club was like becoming the ruler of my own little kingdom. But I've lost it all now, most of 'my' Elites out, Cyrano's trust in me gone, no one wants me there. No one wants me, period.

['Not no one. Your Pokemon would care, and I think, I would too,'] Calyrex said, having heard my thoughts.

"Really? After all this, you'd care?... Why?"

['Perhaps I've been by myself for too long, but as one lonely soul to another, it would be a shame for you to be gone. At the very least, there are aspects to your character that are not as unpleasant as I originally feared.']

"Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically.

We passed by a large stream of water as we neared the most vibrant section of the tundra, filled with flowers and Pokemon. The one we sought sat at the base of a truly massive tree, sitting atop a small island.

Glastrier perked their head up at our slow approach, tensing, and I did my best to resist tensing in turn. "How do- what should I do to best show respect?" I muttered as we walked slower.

Calyrex looked surprised but quickly recovered. ['Be open with them. Explain, don't demand.']

Right, I can do that. Feel, don't conceal. Glastrier eyed me cautiously, their yellow eyes holding a spark of anger to them. Kneeling down a few meters away, I said, "You did great out there. In that battle against Nemona. It was I who needed to do better, and I will. I… could do so easier with you at my side."

I waited, my eyes closed as I wondered what their judgment would be. I heard Glastrier rise, and then place their head on my shoulder. A flood of relief filled me, and I grabbed their icy cool face tightly.

"Thank you," I whispered, rising and taking out a Potion to tend to their wounds. Glastrier gave a happy neigh at being healed, prancing around a few times. I still need to do much to understand them better, but I will, whatever may come in the future.

The leaves fluttered around us, drifting in the wind as Glastrier came to a halt, bending down slightly to let me climb aboard his back. Taking my spot, I trotted forward, getting ready to leave.

Gazing down from atop my high horse, I saw Calyrex, his head hung low, as he projected some sort of goodbye to his mount. Glastrier paused in their stride out, turning their head to look back at me in askance.

"Well, I suppose, it couldn't hurt to have them along, if you wanted to join us, Calyrex?" The Psychic whipped their head up, looking shocked before overjoyed, hovering up to join me upon Glastrier's back, clinging tightly to my Legendary. For their part, Glastrier seemed a little more as ease as they trotted back home. It was hard to tell, and Glastrier still clearly had a lot of mixed feelings, but for now, we were all content.

***

A few months later, I found myself at the doors to a large, but very isolated dojo. Knocking, I waited until I got a muffled sound inviting me in. Within the dojo were a number of students, about the same as could be found in most classes at Blueberry Academy.

At the front of the wide, open dojo floor space was an aged yet spry man in a green uniform, two long grey clusters of hair hanging down and framing his face. This was Mustard, the head of the dojo, and man who had been the Champion of Galar for the longest period in history.

"Class we've got a new student today! Let's all give her a warm welcome," he declared, and surprisingly everyone was. Offering to show me around, or 'teach me the ropes,' or just generally nice. It was weird.

After we settled down, Mustard asked, "Now, Miss Elsa, what do you want from our humble dojo?"

A recommendation to fight in the Gym Circuit, strength enough to crush all my enemies, some chocolate to shove in my face. They were all true things I thought (if only because I missed lunch and it was a bit of a hike here to begin with), but they weren't what I said. Instead, I declared, "I want to be a better person, the best I can be."

The elderly martial artist smiled at my words. "Then let's begin."


Here we are, the end of Elsa's tale, at least in this story. Clearly, she has a lot more going on, and I definitely crunched together her character arc here, but plans have changed from her being a recurring rival character. So this is the last we'll be seeing of her in the story.

I always thought Ice was a cool Typing, with a lot of fun Mons, that unfortunately gets really poor representation from the in-game Gym Leaders and Elites, so I wanted to do a bit more with that for a rival character in the Blueberry arc. I had a lot of fun designing her team, especially the Glastrier/royal bloodline connection. It fit super well with Galar, as that region worked for explaining part of why Elsa wasn't as well known, despite being so strong.

The rest of her team I also thought about a lot. Originally, I had considered an Alolan Ninetails as her starter/Snow setter, but Vanilleuxe I felt worked a lot better, particularly because they're a bit more goofy of a Pokemon. I wanted that to mirror Nemona having a Dudunsparce as her starter. To a lesser degree, that was part of the basis for Quagsire, having a derpy design, but Quag is also a bit of an easter egg to something else I brought up here.

There's more I could go one, like Froslass being symbolic of the elegance and grace she tries to present herself as, Alolan Sandslash being representative of her prickly and cold exterior with a soft underbelly she's afraid to expose, and her Galarian Darmanitan showing the explosive temper she has when she feels pushed too far, or how all of those together cover all the weaknesses Ice Types have, to give her a balanced team (alongside Quagsire who resist 3 of the 4 weaknesses and has no weakness to fighting).

Elsa as a character was clearly meant to foil Nemona as well; young, prodigious trainer from an important family. But where Elsa was cold and controlling, Nemona was warm and easygoing. She also contrasted the last threat, being a challenge to Nemona in terms of competitive battling, but ultimately was a small school lighter threat, meant to be a bit of a breather compared to Turo the mad scientist who threatened a whole region, but wasn't a great battler (and in fact, never even got battled for real!).

So yeah, I clearly had a lot planned for her, and wanted to unfold her story throughout this one, and uh, turns out you can't do that! Or at least, an overwhelming number of fans didn't want to see that in this weekly updating story. Maybe I could have explained all the backstory earlier and it would have helped? I don't think it would have fixed everything, the complaints were far too varied for that, but it might have been something.

I can't change the past, so all I can do now is live and learn. This story has taught me a lot about writing and audiences and I'm sure it will teach me plenty more. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter, exploring a bit more of the antagonist for the last arc. If not, at least it's over now. I'm not looking to rehash old arguments or air out regrets, but I am looking forward to the future and the arcs I have planned ahead. We've got a bit more time at Blueberry Academy but we'll be skipping ahead through the next few years a lot quicker and there will be plenty of exciting events taking place outside of the school. What are you looking forward to? Let me know here or on the Discord. And if you want to read more and have a bit of money to toss my way, I have a Patreon, subscribers to it get early access to the next ten chapters of this story, and the next two for Brand New Day, my other story. Thank you, and I hope you're having a good day.
 
Last edited:
yeah, i am not feeling sorry for her.
You're not supposed to yet, I think. This is her Zuko arc, and she's just realized that maybe she shouldn't be her parents. She's somewhere between Zuko Alone and Zuko in Ba Sing Se. She's not ready to challenge dad in the throne room or fuck off to wander the world with the chosen one.
 
Better than Tyme or several of the Gym Leaders in Paldea.
Battle culture in Paldea is not so good
Maybe Nims apply take that thought of Kieran and Carmine spearheading a League for her own region too

She has soft hands, this is nice. I buried that thought quickly and tried to ignore the bit of heat on my cheeks as I continued.
Denial is a river in the Egypt region. Nemona you are GAY! 😂😂😂
 
Last edited:
Chapter 119 New
Thank you to my 53 Beginner Tier Patreons, and an extra special thanks to RageLord, Nodal_Gravity, ExaltedRequiem, and bob my Ace Tier patreons! Your support means so much to me.

"Ah, good to be- urk!" I wheezed as my parents ran across the waiting space at the airport to wrap me in a tight hug.

"Oh our darling girl, we've missed you so!"

"Tell us everything that's happened!"

My parents declared while crushing me. Behind them, I heard my sister clear her throat. "Perhaps you should let her down first?" Cyan suggested, and they let me go.

"Thanks," I said to her as I got my bearings. My parents looked as stunning as ever in their bright white and gold outfits, designed with a level of fashion I could not, and likely never would, comprehend. Behind them, Cyan had her Uva school uniform on. I doubt she'll wear it through the summer break like some students do. The uniform is comfortable enough and the school can be strict about wearing the uniform when classes are in, but my sister prefers to express herself a bit more freely when she can.

"I'm doing fine. Blueberry had some bumps midway through, as you know, but things are much better now. I just defeated Elsa and became Champion of the League Club, so that should be interesting for next term." Despite the fact that I was sure they had all seen the match as it was streamed, my entire family cheered and congratulated me for my victory. This is nice.

I felt the same seeing Leah again, standing by the limo outside the airport. "Welcome back home, Young Miss," she told me warmly.

"Thanks. It's good to be back."

***

While airport security had kept most of the paparazzi away for my arrival, I was surprised at the sheer throng surrounding our home. All of them were technically off the property line and moves (slowly) to let the limo pass, but I could already hear them hounding for questions, microphones and cameras pointed at the tinted glass windows.

"I'm surprised there are so many of the press here. They didn't have anyone the last times I came home." I commented as the limo came to a stop past the front gate.

"Things have changed a bit since then, new events are what the news is all about," my mother replied and I nodded. Right, I did just beat Elsa. Guess my fame is back then.

We got out of the vehicle and though they kept their distance, I could hear the questions they shouted at me.

"What do you have to say about the proof that your evolution of Carbink to Diancie wasn't a fluke?"

"Your new album is topping the charts - do you have any plans for more musical endeavours now that you're back home?"

"What's your secret for finding so many Legendary Pokemon?"

"Will Meloetta be playing a role in your future music?"

"What's your favorite color?"

"Sinnoh just repealed certain age limit registration on Trainers to allow exemptions for exceptional younger Trainers to go on their journeys. Do you agree with this given your own position?"

"What was it like being a foreigner in Unova?"

Huh, I heard things online and from the students in Blueberry but… I guess the rest of the world really didn't care as much about that kind of stuff. I decided I'd think about the questions for a while before answering, probably in a more focused setting. I'm sure some type of interview can be arranged. Maybe on a late night talk show.

The thought stopped me for a moment as I walked up the front steps, the staff well used to Glitterati's spacing out getting intently focused, and maneuvering around me while carrying my luggage inside. In many ways it was still strange to think of my fame and influence as they were, some part of me still thinking of myself as 'normal.' But with time, I was adapting to this life, and somehow, it didn't hurt as much any more, to remember that life now gone.

"Nemona!" A cry snapped my attention forward and I saw Arven rush up to greet me, stopping somewhat awkwardly in front of me for a moment. I appreciated him not tackling me in greeting, but still gave him a big hug of my own.

"Good to see you Arven. You came here just to greet me?"

"Of course we did, it's been ages!" I caught onto one of those words and saw his father giving me a nod from the doorway before turning back to my parents, chatting with them.

"That's great. C'mon, I have tons to tell you, and I'm sure you've got a bunch of stuff that's happened to you too." We ran back inside, carefree.

***

Considering how close we had been over the course of the school year, communicating online often, I didn't have a ton of 'new' information to tell Arven or vice versa. Though there were a few details he had left out in his stories.

"So your parents are fighting over where you should go to school?" I summed up, and the boy nodded glumly.

"It's great to have Mom and Dad back in my life and all, well more Dad than Mom, but this is less fun. I don't care where I go to preparatory school. Don't think I'm going to like it either," he mumbled the last part.

"Professor Sada is still busy?" I inquired, and the boy nodded his hair flopping about slightly.

"She is, and Dad wants her nowhere near us. He hasn't taken out a restraining order or anything, but she hasn't come by in person ever since she was first here. But I don't talk to her much on the phone; she's busy with something."

"That's rough, sorry to hear it," I said, offering a platitude while I thought the problem over. Going to prep school near his mom probably would give them more chances to bond. But I hope that wouldn't impact his relationship with his Dad, which sounds like it's finally starting to improve.

At dinner that evening, I found a different subject to broach with him, as we sat around the dining room. It began with my father asking, "What other scientific endeavours are you pursuing these days? I haven't heard much, so it must be quite the find. Perhaps more to do with Terastalization?"

"I've been busy recovering and spending time with my son," Turo said crisply, cutting off my father. "And I don't have the urge to revisit those old projects." Technically you could study Tera Crystals over in Kitikami too, but perhaps best not to pick at old wounds. My father gave a blink-and-miss-it awkward expression at our guest's blunt refutal before nodding cheerfully.

"Of course, that makes sense. The brightest gardens need the most care and nurturing," he declared and my mother practically swooned over his almost nonsensical words. Glad to see they're just as lovey-dovey as ever.

"When you are interested, I might have some ideas you could work with, if that isn't too presumptive," I said. He gave me an intense stare before shaking his head.

"Hardly. You've been making quite the splash scientifically with your Hisuian revivals. Congratulations." He raised a glass in cheers and we all drank. "Did you want my help with something along those lines?"

"Thank you, but no, I hadn't been thinking of that, at least not for the moment." There's one other evolution I want to bring back from then at least, but it's not urgent. Getting direct contact with Bloodmoon would better explain how I knew about Sinnohan bog peat and its interactions with Ursarings under the full moon. "And I wasn't thinking of a project for me, but rather one that you could pursue, though I'd be happy to help and could hopefully serve as a good test subject in."

He didn't verbally respond, but Turo did lean forward slightly over the table, a glint of interest entering his eyes. I continued, "Have you heard of Aura?"

Turo slowly nodded. "I've heard of the theory. Psychic powers may be well known, but Aura Theory supposes that those are just one of many powers humans can tap into, alongside all the known Types of the world, each with their own abilities and unique features. Of course, I've also heard that the other elemental representation are just different forms of psychic powers as modeled by our human minds, and the gap between how Pokemon access their energies is fundamentally different from how a human can. I've also heard that these are merely the tricks of charlatans, using partner Pokemon and the mysticism," he said, spitting the word out as if it was the worst kind of slur. "To hide their cons and deceive gullible people."

I blinked, surprised at that. "Okay, well I can assure you that it isn't a scam." As I spoke, I pushed my chair back, levitating in the air for a few moments before continuing. "But I agree that the mysticism surrounding the topic is something of a barrier for people to study it. I feel if anyone could find a way to categorize and make it more known, you could do it."

Turo was quiet for over a minute, deep in thought. It got to the point that I wondered if I should sit back down when he asked, "Are you sure this is wise?"

"Huh?"

"Do you think it would be a good idea to have this knowledge revealed to the world? I'll assume that this display is not some attempt to trick me, so this being true, the various rumors and legends surrounding the subject have likely been, to some degree, intentionally obscured. Would it be wise to give people access to these powers?"

Wow, he's really come a long way. That, or he thinks I'm still suspicious of him and that this was some sort of test and is asking me this in an attempt to 'pass,' which would still likely be more consideration to the repercussions of his work than he's shown before.

"I do. While there's the potential for people to hurt others with it, that potential lies in most advancements. I believe that these powers, as well as our general physical bodies, are much less impressive than that of Pokemon, and we can have plenty of them aiding us. It takes a lot of effort to develop your Aura," I admitted. "So if people want to learn how to do that, then I think it's fine, and that these studies may help us discover more about our nature."

He gave me a small smile. "Well then, I think this would be an interesting subject to pursue. Not one that I'll need to rush into either," he added, glancing down at his son, who brightened up at that. "Should do me some good to have such a project to investigate. Thank you, Nemona." He offered a hand and I shook.

"Oh this is wonderful!" My mother exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "The Glitterati family will be happy to fund this experiment."

"Thank you, that is quite generous," Turo said before turning to me. "I take it you have some knowledge of the basics of Aura?"

"Yes, or at least what I assume them to be."

"Good. I want to know everything. Ahem, but what you know will be a good starting point for my investigation." The shift to his posture was minute, but there was something more 'alive' in his stance than I'd seen from Turo in a long time. Provided he can keep it from taking over his life, this should be a good thing.

***

"Alright, I want a clean match. No hits below the Expert Belt and no 'accidentally' Draco Meteoring the other side," I said, with air quotes while specifically looking at Cat. My squishy Dragon Type turned his head, as if to sense around before being like 'Who? Me?' Yes, you; you're the only one who broke that rule last time.

Not the only one to break the rules admittedly, Anya probably used her Psychic powers in ways that broke the rules last time, but at least she tried to be sneaky about it, and she was serving as one of the judges this round. With no complaints or last minute swaps raised, I said "Three, two, one… play ball!" And I tossed the rugged rubber ball onto the field with all my might. I still didn't quite reach the center of the field. It was close enough however and the game was on!

My Pokemon scrambled back and forth, trying to claim the ball from the other side. Athena's Extremespeed let her get ahead of Bahamut, kicking the ball past him, but he'd seen such tricks before, and so he didn't overextend himself in his rush forward, extending his tail out to catch the ball. The maneuver didn't quite work, but it tipped the ball in a different direction, letting Nightwing swoop forward, juggling the ball with her tail.

Radiance was the mid-fielder for the other side and quickly intercepted, however. Even without their Booster Energy, the Paradox Pokemon was more than fast enough to slice through the air and knock the ball away, creating a bright Flash of light to momentarily disable the other flier. Oh, that was good! When did they learn that? Practice with Sunny Day could make for the basis of it though, to make a mini sun that only lasts a moment, but around them.

Most disruptive Moves like that were limited to Defenders, but after a moment I decided to let it play on, both for being impressive to learn a Move without my guidance and that it wasn't nearly as debilitating as Thunder Wave or Encore or the like.

The game shifted, Dun's team recovering from the fumble and nearly pushing ahead, only for Meloetta to step forward, changing their form, with a signal to me, one that Athena gave at the same time. "Accepted switch! Game is on!" I called out, letting the field know that Meloetta's play was good there, her use of Relic Dance as she tore across the field with the ball acceptable. Athena's empathic voice carried on in my mind, picking up where Meloetta's song had left off, ending on a triumphant note as the newest mythical Pokemon kicked the ball across the last third of the field, sending the ball just through the corner of the diamond goal posts, well ahead of Notch's outstretched arms (and just past their Psychic range).

"Goooooooal!!" I declared, waving my arms to the cheers of Meloetta's team, who began Cheering (and in the case of Athena, throwing the mythical up in the air) in celebration. "Now, let's go to our judges! What's the verdict?" Everyone's attention turned over to the other side of the field, where Anya and Testudinidae were sitting. Test released a plume of smoke that coalesced into a clear '7' in the air above her. I got the sense that Athena wasn't thrilled with that result, but accepted it. However, when Anya flipped over her card…

['Four! How dare yo-'] I blew on my whistle to halt her angry march across the field, Meloetta forgotten in the air where Athena had tossed her (though they easily had the grace to right themself as they landed back down).

"The judge's rulings are final. You know Anya has a higher standard for Psychic performances- oh, hey sis," I said, waving at my sister as she walked towards us.

"What's going on here?" she asked, looking around at the large section of field we had cleared out. Beside her, Primarina crawled forward, the starter looking quite happy with himself, or perhaps just with the water, clearly having taken a dip in one of the nearby rivers that ran through the grass plains.

"There were some Hypnos causing problems for the Flamigos nearby. We gave them a telling off and they agreed to let us use the field for our game," I explained, gesturing at the birds in question who were watching the game with mild interest. A few Drowzee's were as well, though they tried their best to not look that way in front of the Hypnos sulking in the shade of some trees off in the distance.

My sister gave me an unamused stare and after a moment it clicked together. "Oh right, I never told you about this game, have I? Whoopsie," I said, scratching the back of my head sheepishly. "So, this is Calvinball. I actually think you'd really like it, want to join us for a game?"

"Maaaaaybe," she said with the tone of someone interested but had been burnt one too many times before. "How's it work?"

"So, it's five Pokemon to a team, each with different positions. Low power moves like Tackle and Water Gun are the only Moves allowed, unless otherwise qualified for by your position. Forwards," I said, clearly stating my stance on what the position was called, regardless of my Pokemon's insistence that 'Attackers' worked better. "Are the only Pokemon that can use higher power Moves. Still nothing major or wide area like Draco Meteor, but Extremespeed, Dragon Rush, Liquidation… that stuff is okay there. Because they have the stronger Moves they're usually the ones leading the charge in getting the ball into the other goal."

"And that's the point of the game?" Cyan asked, already looking a bit confused.

"Yeah! There's modifiers to it, but I'll get to them in a moment. So the Mid-fielders are the only ones who can fly, but they can't grab the ball as they move, so usually they try to juggle it forward. They can't rise above fifteen meters in the air, to give a chance for others to jump up and clash. Defenders are the only ones allowed to use Status Moves to debilitate the other team, or to buff their allies. The last line of defense is the Goalie, who can grab the ball but can't go more that Ten meters past the goal posts. They're also the only ones who can telekinetically grab the ball, but they can only exert Psychic pressure on it within two meters of their bodies, but if they toss it like that, the inertia after they let go is fine."

Primarina had joined his Trainer in looking confused, his eyes swirling around so much I worried I had managed a one-hit k.o. on the guy. "Nims, this is a bit much, don't you think?"

"Aww, I'm sorry. I guess this can be a bit complex. I just wanted a game that got to use everyone's talents, and with Meloetta loving singing and physical activity, I came up with this-"

"Singing?"

"Yeah! So the last position is Skald. They can hit the ball like with the base rules, but as the game goes on, their job is to project - verbally, emotionally, or psychically - a story around the game. The better it is and the closer it matches the events of the game as they unfold, the more points the judges give you after you score. You get 5 base points for scoring a goal, and then the judges can give you up to ten more points each, so each goal is worth five to twenty five points. Right now we have two judges, though we could up it to three and have them score by up to seven each? Then again, maybe I should change up the judge's impact, I'm still playing around with the balance."

My words did not win over Cyan in regards to the game's difficulty, but Primarina was locked in. Eyes wide at the thought of singing, they turned and added a sparkle to those wide orbs, giving his Trainer the best Baby-Doll Eyes he could manage. Cyan tried to resist, turning her head, but like the inevitable pull of gravity, her neck twisted back and she crumpled under Primarina's gaze. "Okay fine," she said with the heavy sigh only a teenager could pull off. "We can play a game."

Primarina clapped his flippers together wildly, cheering as he surged onto the field, the rest of Cyan's team joining. Should I make it a three way fight? No, my larger team might gang up on Cyan's even subconsciously. Best to give some of my team a break.

The Pokemon quickly got rearranged on the field and the fight was on, my sister and I cheering our respective teams forward. I limited myself from giving tactical advice, but it still ended up favoring my team, though Cyan's put up a good fight. Wishi's combined bulk makes them a powerful presence on the field, and would almost entirely cover the goals if they were put there (though using them as Forward lets the school leverage their offense). Kingdra has Sniper like aim and precision, combined with aerial superiority as a mid-fielder, and Primarina is an excellent Skald.

"That was a good match," I said at the end, turning to my sister. There was a flicker of deep seated disappointment on her face that I barely caught before she tried to cheer up and respond.

"Yeah, it was fun, even if I still think it's waaaay too complicated. Like rules on no emotional attacks? Where did that even come from?"

"Phantasm," I droned, giving the mischievous Hisuian Zoroark a fond look. "She got very inventive with her illusions even after she was restricted to just around her body. Seeing a version of my bloody body amble around like a zombie certainly was a shock, though my team took it far worse than I did. "But what's really up?" I pressed, stepping back a little from the field.

Cyan followed me with a sigh. "It's no big deal- fine, it's nothing you can change," she amended at my questioning stare. "I just… I can't match up to you."

"Hey, your team did great for their first time with this game and my Pokemon have practiced more-"

"It's not that!" She shouted before stopping, looking ashamed of herself. In a calmer tone, she continued. "It's- it's all of this. The field, the coming up with games on the spot, the music, the sheer genius you have. My friends will constantly ask me about my little sister, wondering what crazy thing she's done next. And I know I shouldn't be upset. You work hella hard at everything you do, you deserve the praise. I just wish I could stand on the same level."

My mouth opened with arguments of how she was better than me at a lot of things too, like socializing and business, but I realized that argument wouldn't fly this time. Back then, people just praised me as a gifted child of rich parents, not an international name in my own right. Cyan is great too, but hardly anyone recognizes her as such.

"I think you should ask mom to put some of your art up in a gallery or an exhibit," I finally said.

"Huh? But I- my artwork should stand on its own, I don't need our parents to help me," she argued, crossing her arms defensively.

"I don't think you need it either, but I got help from them for my music career, and I wouldn't be anywhere near as famous without them. You can submit it under a Nom de Guerre if you want- uh, that's fake name - but our parents can give you your chance to stand out too, to get your own talents recognized."

She paused, frowning, and I could see her slowly turning the idea over in her mind. "...You think I'm good enough for that? For something big like that?"

"You only know once you try, but for my opinion? Heck yeah you are! Your art is fantastic and it deserves a place to shine." I waited a beat, letting the heartwarming moment sink in before adding, "Like any good Glitterati effort, dazzling the world with your magnificence-"

My sister grabbed me and gave me a quick noogie. "You're taking way too much after them," she said, and we both laughed as I pushed myself away. "I… I'll do it," she said, her voice firming up. "I'll have to work really hard to get something worth submitting for any of the big events mum funds but I'll give it a shot. Thanks, sis."

"No problem," I said, smiling at her. Then as I turned my gaze back to the field I saw that half of it was flooded, the other half was on fire, several of our Pokemon were running about, Athena was applying Heal Pulses to the injured, Notch was staring dead eyed at the field with a bunch of pizza boxes they'd somehow found in hand, and pandemonium raged. "Big problem, big problem!"

***

The rest of the summer passed by quickly, with a chance to relax and catch up with some old friends. Both Amethio and Professor Friede stopped by at points (just missing each other, in fact). I'm glad to hear that Amethio is doing well. His new friends within the Explorers are surprisingly deferential and loyal to Amethio, considering how he mentioned them being prickly at first when his grandfather basically ordered them to be friends with him. Then again, he also mentioned that after some bumps they've grown a lot closer together.

It was strange to see the lonely boy I knew branching out and connecting with strangers, but a good kind of strange. I hoped he'd continue to make friends like that, and his reveal of his newest Pokemon, Eevee (alongside his Rotom officially joining the team; I'd given him all the Rotom Appliances for his last birthday present).

"Oh you're a cute little guy, aren't you?" I said, scratching under the Eevee's chin, something the Pokemon greatly appreciated, even as Amethio tried to retain his aloof attitude. We were standing up in the garden by my house, looking down over the beach, and the arena where Zirc and Onia were testing each other. They're fine Trainers, but their Pokemon still need a lot of conditioning before I'd consider them strong and tactics wise… well they're alright but nothing special.

"Uh, yes, he is… cute. But also very strong," Amethio emphasized while Eevee mewled adorably.

"I don't doubt it; your team is a solid challenge already. You should really take at least the Gym Challenge one of these days. I know, I know," I said, waving off the immediate argument. "You're busy with your Explorer work. But you gotta have some time free to try something new. The Explorers don't have to be your entire life," I said softly.

"I'll think about it," he eventually responded, uncomfortably. "Such an endeavour would still be a ways off. Eevee needs more training and I'd want a full team before undertaking the challenge." I guess it would be hypocritical to say he doesn't need to do it like that, considering how my journey went.

I could have pointed out that he could catch Pokemon along the way, but knowing Amethio, that would just lead to him arguing about how much time that would add and further push him away from the idea. C'mon dude, you need to open up, live a little!

Instead I asked, "So forgive me if this is a bit early but what are you thinking for an evolution?" This appeared to be the wrong question as Eevee hissed, abruptly deciding that cuddle time was over and marched back to Amethio's side.

"Appologies, Eevee doesn't appear to want that," Amethio explained.

"No worries, a lot of Pokemon feel the same way," I said, more to Eevee than Amethio. The Normal Type stopped being so angry but still eyed me with suspicion. "You can be plenty strong while not evolving; in fact, there's even some advantages to it, especially for an Eevee."

That got both of their attention, the two of them unknowingly cocking their head to the side in the exact same manner. "Really? I've never heard of that before. The Eevee specific part, at least," he amended remembering some of the lectures I'd given on evolution and strength before.

"Haha, yeah. It's true though. There's a Z-Move called Extreme Evoboost, which only works with Eevees and the right Z-Crystal." Amethio nodded his head, his interest greatly decreased, likely from realizing he'd never have the chance to go to Alola and take the island challenge. "Of course, there's other benefits too. Eevee is a pokemon with a ton of potential, and I've heard it can be channeled even without eeveelution. Powerful Moves that can Paralyze, raise barriers, burn or heal you, all matching the eeveelutionary Types. And that's on top of powerful Normal Type Moves that you can pack a punch."

"Whoa that's incredibl- wait did you just say 'eeveelution?'" Amethio demanded while the Pokemon at his side piped up eagerly.

"Eevee! Vee Vee!"

The older boy sighed at my big grin. "If that's true, then why haven't I heard of it before?"

"Maybe if you got out a bit more you'd see there's more to the world than meets the eye," I suggested tauntingly before getting more serious. "Well, the Eevee thing is pretty hidden admittedly; I only saw one guy who had those kinds of Moves with his Eevee before." Amethio perked up only to be brought down by my next comment. "Unfortunately, I never actually learned his name, and he left Blueberry Academy at the end of the school year. Don't worry though, there's gotta be ways to teach your Eevee the same tricks, whether through Move tutors or just experimentation."

"Is that really all it takes?"

"Well, this is just a gut feeling, but I'm pretty sure those Moves can only be learned by an Eevee that can't evolve. I feel like the potential they have for so many different Types energies needs to be channeled in a different way to make learning them possible.

Amethio furrowed his dark brows together and I idly wondered why his hair was split black and white on either side on top of his head, and whether it was weirder or more natural that his eyebrows were the same color instead of being split too. I've definitely seen hair in this world where it goes the other way around. Heh, would be funny to do all these shocking scientific revelations and then one day do some big in-depth look into why hair works the way it does here when no one in this world cares about that stuff.

"Can't all Eevees evolve? At least through evolutionary stones?" He questioned.

"Nope. Or at least some can't, otherwise they wouldn't be able to Gigantamax. Pretty sure there's some kind of soup you can get for it? That would turn evolutions on or off, but I don't know too much about that stuff."

"It's a good start and a worthwhile goal. I'll see if Grandfather will let me take a trip sometime to further our prowess," Amethio's voice was dramatic and full of conviction, something that I felt as goofy, but would probably actually give a 'cool' vibe to anyone who didn't know him as I did.

Friede popped by not long after, just missing Amethio and his friends teleporting away. "Nemona!" He declared, hopping off the back of his newest Pokemon, an Aerodactyl, as he landed.

"Friede! Great to see you and your new friend. Hi there," I said to the Aerodactyl. I wasn't the best at reading the expressions of fossil Pokemon, but the look she gave me implied danger, and I retracted my hand slowly from her.

The warning look Friede gave his Pokemon as well as what he said afterwards confirmed that. "Good to see you too Nemona, be careful around her, she's… new to the team." As he walked towards me, I noticed the look she gave Captain Pikachu, one of disdain mixed with anger and no small amount of fear. The Electric Type gave her a warning stare back before waving at me.

"Hello to you too, Cap. I'm glad to see you but where's the Brave Olivine?" I had glanced around as soon as I noticed Friede, but there was no sign of the airship nearby.

"Orla's getting some parts to fix her up real good in Mesagoza. We had a minor scuffle with sky pirates, which is actually where I found this girl." He jerked his head towards Aerodactyl before recalling her. "Thought while she was busy with that I'd stop by and have a chat." I noticed that as he talked, he adjusted the settings of the Pokeballs on his belt, lowering the volumes of each (save for Cap's Pokeball), so the Pokemon within would be less likely to overhear our conversation.

Oh boy, guessing this is more than just a 'how do you do?' I led Friede inside the house, and the Professor said hi to Leah, remembering her from the Junior Tourney all those years ago, something my majordomo seemed pleased by given her slight blush. Then we went to my basement and I bluntly announced, "So what's the problem?"

"Well- I- I really did come down to congratulate you, word has gotten around of what you've achieved with Diancies and Goomies... Buuuuuut since you mention it, I wondered if you might have any advice about troublesome team dynamics?" The white haired man asked and I nodded easily.

"Sure, I can give it a shot. I take it it has to do with your new Aerodactyl? From what I've heard they can be tough Pokemon to connect with at first and I saw the stink-eye she gave Pikachu. Is it just with Cap or with Charizard or that third, other new Pokemon on your team?"

"Hmm? Druddigon isn't that new - I caught her not long after that incident with the poachers we stopped what? Six months ago now?" I gave him an unimpressed look and he eventually realized. "I never told you about catching her, did I?"

"Nope! Speaking of, what else have you been up to? I noticed your videos have dropped in number a bit."

"That's because I've been working with Rangers and conservationalists, fighting against poachers. The bounties aren't huge, but they help keep the Olivine afloat and I've gotten the chance to film some really incredible sights and unique environments there, but it also means I have to be careful with what I show; don't want to give the bad guys any ideas. What do you think of the shows though? The quality has gone up, right?"

There was a moment of awkward silence where I couldn't meet his gaze. "I have them on my to watch list? I'm sorry!"

"You've been busy-" he tried to reassure me but I shook my head.

"Maybe back when I was in school but I've got some free time now, I should definitely catch up on those. But sorry, back to the problem with Aerodactyl?"

"Aerodactyl and Druddigon really. Druddigon was first brought onto the ship but didn't get along well with the others, save for Charizard. I invited her to join and she accepted. Druddigon was doing well, but recently she's been upset with all of us and not listening to me, alternating between being too eager to fight and not listening to me." I kept that in mind while motioning for him to go on. "It hasn't helped with acclimating Aerodactyl to the team."

"How did that happen?"

"Well like I said, we were fighting these 'sky pirates' when Aerodactyl got drawn to our clash attacking indiscriminately at both our ships. She took Charizard down with a lucky hit, but then Captain Pikachu defeated her. I caught her to keep her from falling into the ocean."

"A wild Aerodactyl?" While not impossible to find (for the given measure of that word in our world) pockets of wild Aerodactyls or any Fossil Pokemon were incredibly rare. Given the environmental differences and impact a Fossil Pokemon can have there are strict rules against just releasing them into the wild. "Were there any others of her kind nearby?"

"No, and when I managed to get through to her after the fact she got very interested, refusing to go back and has now joined my team." He gave a half-hearted chuckle and I felt like there was a story behind that too. "But she can get testy around anyone else. I'm aware that predatory Pokemon can be fiercely independent, but this feels like more than that."

"Hmm, well I think the root of both of these issues is Cap beating Aerodactyl."

"Pika?!" Cap exclaimed, shocked, and I quickly explained.

"Not that you doing that was a problem for the situation at hand, but it's why the others started acting out. Aerodactyl is unused to Pokemon as small as Cap fighting back, much less to being beaten by them. It's kinda throwing her worldview off. Beating the message into Aerodactyl might sound harsh but that's sometimes the best way to get through to an aggressive, stubborn Pokemon."

"I'm surprised to hear that from you, given how you made friends with all of your Pokemon before joining your team," Friede commented.

I shrugged, pointing out, "I may have only confirmed them as team members afterwards, but I did have clashes with Nightwing and Radiance and caught them before they joined me properly. Of course, I also looked for what they were interested in and offered it to them too. For some Pokemon it'll be as simple as showing them how you can make them stronger, but others will have different desires." I've got some suspicions based on what Friede has said but I also wasn't there and don't know as much about it as him. Still, he'll figure it out.

Honestly, given how easily he accepted and processed my words, I was 95% certain he had already thought of at least some of this already as possible causes and just wanted to double-check his hypothesis with me. "As for Druddigon, I think she's in love with Charizard."

"Huh?"

"Pika-pi?"

"Ha, well, that might be jumping the gun a bit, but it's not an unrealistic idea. Druddigons are in the same egg categories as Charizard, and they like the warmth, something Charizard provides plenty of. Seeing the mon she's interested in get beaten and then not being the one chosen to avenge him might sting. Even if it was the right tactical call, Pikachu having a clear advantage over Druddigon, new Pokemon can be sensitive to this sort of stuff."

"Especially Dragons," Friede confirmed with a glance at the Pokeballs on my belt.

"Yup, though for me it's only been with Cataphract and not Bahamut. Could be their different situations, could just be differences in temperament though. Not all Pokemon fit perfectly into the stereotypes of their species or even Types."

Friede nodded, launching into a fascinating tale of an Oddish they had rescued that liked playing in the sun over the moon, and some of the issues he had dealing with wild predators away from his family. We traded stories like that, his experiences in the wide world and my tales of the unique environment of the Terarium for hours until Orla started yelling at him on his Rotom phone that it was time to get back.

I bid him farewell and told him he could call me anytime if he ran into any further issues with his team, but he didn't, instead sending me a picture of him and his team all awkwardly but happily scrunched into the frame a few weeks later.


Here we go, new arc time! Got a bunch of stuff to explore here, and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, they'll be better reception here than the previous one. Un/fortunately, we've still got some stuff to be covered at Blueberry Academy, what with two years of school still to go an all, but the majority of this arc is going to cover other stuff, and we'll be time skipping a lot of it.

Like the summer break. We skimmed by this pretty quickly, but I hope the snippets here were enjoyable and made sense. I find these to be some of the most difficult parts of the story, because we don't have a lot of time, but I do want to show the growth of these side characters that by necessity are often out of focus in the main story. Let me know what you thought here or on the Discord. And if you want to read more and have a bit of money to toss my way, I have a Patreon, subscribers to it get early access to the next ten chapters of this story, and the next two for Brand New Isekai, my other story. Thank you, and I hope you're having a good day.
 
Last edited:
Chapter 120 New
Thank you to my 56 Beginner Tier Patreons, and an extra special thanks to RageLord, Nodal_Gravity, ExaltedRequiem, and bob my Ace Tier patreons! Your support means so much to me.

The rest of summer passed quickly, time spent among my family and friends. Arven definitely dominated much of my time, the young boy eager to make the most of the summer. He's gotten a bit bolder these days. Is it just getting used to Miraidon and the power that Paradox Legendary brings, the increased presence of his parents in his life, or just growing up in general?

It was hard to say, but in any case I was glad to see him so happy. That didn't stop him from getting a little watery eyed when I was leaving at the end of summer.

"I'll see you again over the break and we'll talk tons, " I told him before leaving. "Besides, you'll be so busy with prep school and your mom and dad that you'll barely notice that I'm gone."

"I know," he sniffled, wiping at his eyes. "I'll still miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I told him, giving him a quick hug and waving goodbye to my oldest (human) friend. The goodbyes with my parents were just as, if not more teary, but eventually I'd said all my farewells and was on my way back to another year of schooling at Blueberry Academy.

The trip over was smooth, and I quickly met up with all of my friends while waiting for the submarine ride over. "Still can't believe how proud gramps and my folks were of me, just for passing. I mean, they're the ones calling me genius, or whatever," Drayton said, uncharacteristically bashful.

"Well, you did manage to pass," Lacey began, a mischievous lilt to her voice. "I'm pretty shocked too."

The white haired boy looked over at Lacey, shocked before his lip curled up into a grin. "That's just not right," he said, crossing his arms lazily in front of his chest to form an 'X'. We all paused for a moment then began laughing loudly.

"So what have you two been up to?" I asked, turning to face the Kitikami siblings. Drayton had just finished telling us about the extra duties his clan had given him (and made sure to bemoan it, even while not hiding how happy he was at their recognition) and Lacey had done some work in her dad's gym, as well as a few escapades in the mines.

Kieran puffed up. "Well, I got to see Ogerpon! I even took a picture of her!" He said, proudly holding up his Rotom Phone and showing a picture of the legendary Pokemon. Ogerpon stood in the shadow of the cave near the top of the mountain, her brilliant mask on, giving her a more intimidating appearance. I still find it insane how scared the townsfolk were of her, since she's so cute under the mask, and that's how she first approached them. Then again, maybe it was just her strength they were afraid of.

"The picture's blurry," Drayton bluntly pointed out, and Kieran blushed.

"I- I got excited. It was my first time getting so close to her and-" he began before his sister butted in.

"He did a great job! Ogerpon's a one-of-a-kind Pokemon that's been hidden for hundreds of years in our town and Kiki is the only one who has ever gotten a picture with her! I'd like to see you do something like that," she finished hotly, crossing her arms.

Drayton gave out a big yawn. "Hey Nemona? Mind letting out Notch for a moment?"

I gave him a flat look. "I'm not sending Notch out just so you can take a photo with them."

He snapped his finger in defeat, and Carmine sported a smug look on her face. Drayton was not thwarted for long, however, as he grinned slyly. In a loud voice he said, "Gee, I wish someone could tell me all about the church of Nemona." Immediately, Notch popped out of the ball on my belt.

['I'd be happy to help your spiritual endeavours,'] Notch began, and Drayton whipped up his phone like a wild west gunslinger, taking the shot in an instant. ['To begin with, this is not exactly the Church of Nemona, but a branch of the Path of Arceus. Nemonaism, if you will, is the understanding that Nemona is the Great Creator's chosen and through her teachings guides us on a path of excellence and understanding…']

"See? Easy peasy," Drayton said, flipping his phone around to show us all. It was surprisingly in perfect focus, the light reflected from the surface of the water in the submarine bay playing nicely with the pink diamonds in Notch's body and making a stunning visual.

Carmine stammered for a moment before stomping a foot. "How did- that's so- ahhh! Whatever, there's a million photos of Notch online, Kiki's is way better."

"It's okay sis," Kieran said in a quiet yet steady tone. "I'm just happy I got to spend some time with her. Ogerpon was still a bit hesitant and she didn't like the photo, or maybe the flash of the camera, because she left right after, but I spotted her a couple more times over the summer. She even got to meet my team! They got along well, including-"

"Shut up Kiki!" Carmine screeched. "We don't want to give away the game just yet. Better if she finds out after."

Usually Kieran would look embarrassed, as he'd do sometimes in public (which we kinda were but we're also kinda off in our own corner), or fire back, giving as good as he got. Here, he did neither of these things, nodding his head instead and clamping up.

Oh? Got something secret in mind? Well, I think I have an idea of what that could be. If my assumptions were correct then I'd find out in a couple days.

Moving on, we talked about other light topics, watching as the other students piled in. So many people, and these are just the second years. The first years would arrive after, so we'd have a chance to settle in before they arrived and wandered everywhere.

Sally, Victor better known as 'Chumley'), and Judai made their way over to our group as well. I wonder why I lump them into separate groups? I've known Drayton almost as long as them, but those three never quite meshed with the others. They're friendly enough with each other, but there's enough of a gap between them that they don't naturally tend to hang out together, if not for me. Is it because of our age?

"...Hello? Earth to Nemona?" Sally asked and I blinked, realizing I'd been lost in my head.

"Sorry, just got distracted, what was that?"

"Oh, I was just saying how the head of the Student Board gathered the three legendary dogs and… de-aged himself? I don't actually know how them being Shadow Pokemon actually helped him with that," Sally admitted that.

"Okay- wait what?" How did a simple vacation to Johto turn out like that?!" My other friends were likewise in their own states of disbelief.

Judai shrugged. "Some monk at the Bellsprout tower explained it… but I slept through the explanation, so I didn't get much beyond 'Kagemaru bad,' haha."

I turned tiredly to Chumley, but the Galarian boy gave me a helpless look. "They had some really tasty dishes there, so…"

"Okay, so Kagemaru gathered the Shadow energy and released it on Raikou, Entei, and Suicuine, making them really angry."

Judai continued from there, recounting their battle (with some help from some people who lived in the region), how Chumley had managed to find the switch to reverse the Shadow Type machine's polarity, which turned the dogs good again, and they ran away, leaving Kagemaru to rapidly age again.

The story took long enough that we had boarded the sub and taken the short ride over in that time. Now the teachers were lining us up to disembark.

"That… sounds like a lot. How do you find yourselves in situations like that?" Judai just have me a helpless look and a bright grin. "Well at least if anything happens here," I said as I climbed the ladder up. "You can count on your friendly neighborhood Champion to save the day!"

The salty sea air hit me as I popped out of the hatch, taking in the long walkway, arena, and dome that made up the tiny above sea level portion of Blueberry Academy.

***

It didn't take too long to get myself unpacked, so after doing that I headed up to the top, to get a look at the new students coming in. I was hardly the only one, a couple other second and even a few third year students hanging out in the arena, watching as the newcomers arrived. What hopes, what fears, what dreams do you all have?

['Why do you ponder such thoughts on these children?'] Anya asked haughtily at my side. As if she wasn't 'a child' herself not too long ago. From the frown on her face, I could tell she picked up on that.

"Everyone is important, everyone has potential. Who knows, maybe one of the students today will be the next person to save the world. Or maybe they'll just live a good life in their own way. There's value in that too." When she looked unconvinced I added, "I lived an ordinary life before this one. I accomplished no great deeds, probably didn't touch anyone deeply outside of the few close friends and family I had, but I still think there was worth to it."

['Because you've done so much more in this life, based on what you knew?'] Anya asked, her face scrunched up, the Psychic Type puzzling over the concept.

"No, though theoretically that same occurrence of reincarnation might happen to any of them, and they might become heroes in their next lives. I don't think that's necessary though. Life is grand painting of infinite experiences; their own will make up a part of that picture too." After a beat I added, "And hey, we might get some cool battles out of them too!"

['That sounds like the Nemona I know,'] she faux complained, but I could see that the battle bug had taken hold of her too. She enjoys it, or at least enjoys crushing the competition, which I can admit is part of the appeal.

"Looking forward to the new school year?" A voice came from behind me and I nearly jumped at Director Cyrano's presence. How can someone wearing all white be so sneaky? And how much did he hear of our conversation? I'd been using/practicing Aura, carrying the sound only to Anya, but I knew better than to underestimate this man's capabilities.

Still, if he had overheard something odd, he didn't show it, sporting his usual carefree grin as he awaited my answer. "Yeah, should be fun. It'll be interesting running the League Club now. I wonder how many of the new students will be interested in joining."

"Well, you can ask them during the tour!" Cyrano said brightly and my thoughts came to a crashing halt.

"Uh what? Won't that be just for them?"

"I can hardly manage this without my student assistant!" he said brightly before coughing and adding, "That's you."

"Thanks, I got that from context and nothing else," I pointed out. His gaze grew shifty as he realized he hadn't told me about that responsibility.

"Ah, I'm sure you'll do fine. Just follow along and point out anything I miss." His words were the opposite of reassuring.

Groaning, I muttered, "Where's Elsa when you need to give her a task? Though if I did that she'd probably never let me hear the e-"

"About that," Cyrano said, his tone a fraction more serious. "Elsa is no longer attending Blueberry Academy."

"What?!" My sudden shout had several heads whipping around to face me. "I mean, sorry but, she loved this place, sir, and while I didn't like her attitude-"

"Not my choice. Or hers; her parents took her out. I believe they enrolled her in Mustard's Dojo on the Isle of Armor. He's trained up several Galarian Champions, in addition to being one himself, back in the day," he reassured me before moving off the stands.

The Director greeted the new students and I stood up, taking my place by his side. He gave a good speech about how exciting things were going to be here, but I couldn't quite focus on it. I thought the first thing she was going to do was try and challenge me again, or sneer at something I did or forgot or- oh crap he's introducing me.

I turned my attention back to the crowd, trying to give them a big smile and a wave. "Hello everyone, my name's Nemona, the head of the League Club here and I'll be assisting with your tour for today." There were whispers rippling through the crowd, people pointing and staring at me, but it wasn't due to my age or anything like that.

"Champion…" Yup, twice over now.

"She has so many legendaries. I wonder if we'll get to meet one?" I should probably keep a close eye on Notch in case they try to convert these kids.

"Her battles are epic!" Glad to see a fan.

"I wish I could be like her…" Okay, that's a bit much.

"Heard she took down fifty wild Tauros with her bare hands…" That's just ridiculous- where did you even hear that story?!

['You're going to forget to tell them about the open labs in a few minutes,'] Anya informed me.

Oh thanks- wait what? But if you tell me then I'll remember and… did you actually see that as the future or are you just messing with me? Anya raised a hand up, doing next to nothing to hide the bemused expression on her face. I rolled my eyes, but felt warm inside. It was nice, to have her grounding me from all of that noise.

Cyrano led the students inside, showing off the elevators and general layout of the school. I added some points as well, when it seemed like the Director was forgetting something. I hope I didn't miss anything. They do have intro guides that they were sent with their acceptance letters though.

The students were generally amazed at the facilities and sheer scope of the school. I grinned, knowing the best was waiting at the end, with the Terarium.

Still, there's some good stuff here too. "Welcome to the League Club!" I announced excitedly, throwing my arms out as the doors slid open to reveal the club room.

"Whoa, is that a throne of ice?" One of the boys asked, and I turned my head seeing Elsa's chair (and snowflake themed wall art).

"Ah, yes, the room needs a few cosmetic adjustments, but this has all the facilities needed to train, work out new strategies, or just hang out with your friends. I look forward to hopefully seeing you here, so think about signing up if you enjoy battling."

The speech was a little generic, but I wasn't sure any of them noticed. As the tour group moved on, I told Cyrano I'd catch up in a minute, my attention drawn back to the chair.

I wasn't sure how to feel about the sudden development, something the prophetic Pokemon beside me noticed. ['What's wrong? You hated that girl.']

"Greatly disliked her, would be more accurate. I…" I never liked Elsa, we got along like Ice and uh Flying Types, but she was… something steady about her presence in my time here. She was rude and unforgiving to those who didn't meet her standards, but in many ways, she pushed me too. I think I might have started coasting on the power I'd achieved without her - even if that wasn't her intention.

I glanced over at the icy throne again. Part of me wonders if I can live up to- no, not just live up to what she's done, but surpass it. To make a club that encourages healthy, strong battles that improve all its members. Without her around, I won't have a measuring stick to check myself against.

I chuckled suddenly, and my Pokemon startled at the sudden sound. "Sorry, just realized that if she were here and remotely positively inclined to help me, I feel like she'd be the first one to tell me I have to move past this, and trust in myself. Time to get rid of this eyesore," I declared, walking up to the throne and attempting to knock it over dramatically.

This went on for a quarter of a minute before I gave up and trudged over to the computer, typing a message asking for the Art Club's help.

***

I rejoined the tour just before they entered the Terarium, enjoying the amazed looks on their faces. Still can't believe how some people here just get used to having such an amazing environment around and don't make the most of it. But I guess that's true for most things in life.

The tour wrapped up neatly from there and I got ready for the next day. We had an open day to let the students get situated before classes and I planned to make the most of it to get the League Club in working order.

Calling a general meeting early in the morning, everyone who was enrolled in the club joined, as well as a few new familiar faces. "Wow, this place is looking cool," Judai said loudly, taking in the new decor. It had cost a fair few BP, but the Art Club worked fast, removing the icy elements of the room and putting up a bright, Terastalized design, showing off various Pokemon battling.

"Thanks," I said, double checking with Miles to make sure they had indeed filled out the forms I sent them to join. I love them, but they - and especially Judai - can get distracted from this kind of stuff.

"You removed my chair," Atticus complained, glaring down at the seats as if they had offended him personally. All the old chairs had been removed, replaced with ones in the same style. Black, comfy office desk chairs. The only difference was mine, which was gold colored, but still made of the same materials. Your seat was the blandest of the bunch. All the other Elites had way more elaborate seats than you. However, it was still different from the other chairs in the room. A signifier of him being 'special,' which I had come to realize mattered a great deal to the young man.

"It's been sent back to your dorm room. The other chairs were big and unwieldy, could get in the way of people moving around the room, so I've standardized them. All of them are the same except for mine, which is gold colored. Moving on," I said breezily, rushing past any objections he might raise. "With the new year we have some new seats open among the Elite Four. I felt that a tournament would be a good chance to evaluate how everyone's strength has grown."

"Will the fight be open to the rest of the school?" Jerome asked before freezing up for a moment, as if he had done something wrong. Just another trace of her legacy I need to get rid of.

"Good question," I responded brightly. "I've thought about it but decided no, not this time. I want to give this opportunity to everyone who's been in the Club already. Anyone else can join and challenge for the positions in the usual way."

There were some murmured agreements, the students all around generally looking happy with that, and very eager for a tournament. Atticus was smiling as well, though his expression seemed more like a nasty smirk than the real enthusiasm everyone else was feeling.

"In that case, those three should be banned from the tournament, correct?" He said, pushing his glasses up on his face with one hand and dramatically pointing at Sally, Chumley, and Judai, with the other.

"No, they signed up-"

"Not last year they didn't. They weren't existing members of the Club before today, so what really makes them any different from the first years?" His question had a hidden barb in it, comparing them to the first years, as if to imply my friends were inexperienced.

I opened my mouth to respond, not sure what to say, but angry at this arrogant asshole. Before I could though, Judai stepped up. "That's fine. We're more here to chill anyway."

"Are you sure?" I asked, ready and willing to shut down Atticus, even if the argument wouldn't be the most logically sound.

"Yeah, it's cool," he said, and Sally and Chumley nodded their heads too.

Atticus sneered momentarily before resuming his usual aloof, dismissive expression. "You won't get far with that kind of attitude," he declared imperiously. "Anyone who isn't here to become strong and doesn't have a drive for battle has no place in this club." Sally frowned and Chumley hung his head, but Judai just laughed.

"I've got plenty of drive for a good fight, I just don't care as much about the ranks or whatnot." Judai explained and I cleared my throat.

"That's good, and I'll remind you, Atticus, that you are not in charge of what defines this club, and never have been." The last part was an added jab that Atticus had been a part of the club for years, and had never managed to beat Charlotte, Elsa, or myself to rise up to the top. Given how his scowl intensified at that, I felt he got the message.

It's as good an opening as anything is though. I cleared my throat, turning to the gathered students, still waiting on me. "The club will be undergoing some changes now. Previously it prioritized technical skill and a drive to win over all else. We'll still celebrate excellence, and I'll be happy to assist people wanting to grow stronger as Trainers, but we'll also be encouraging sportsmanship, integrity, and co-operation."

There was a moment of silence where I was sure I could hear a pin if it dropped, no one saying a word. I resisted the urge to fidget or blush. Are they not taking it seriously? Should I have been more casual? Whatever, I've delivered the message, I'll just-

"So, what exactly does that mean?" Helen asked. I eagerly latched onto the question, like a lifeboat in a storm.

"It means to basically treat each other, and our peers in school with respect. Be polite, no bullying or cheating, take care of your Pokemon, stuff like that." I doubt anyone would be willing to cheat or the like but after Ares, might as well make it clear. The 'take care of your Pokemon' comment drew a few eyes towards Atticus, who while technically not breaking any rules in that regard, skirted them quite closely.

Which was apparently a bit too much for him, the boy brusquely pushing his way past the crowd. "Since I already have my seat in the Elite Four, you clearly don't need me for this." He stormed out of the room. Buh-bye, good riddance to bad Trubbish. While he technically could have been useful in overseeing the matches for the tournament, I didn't trust him not to poison the well, so I was fine with him leaving like that. It wasn't enough for me to unilaterally kick him out of the club, but him being gone would do wonders to set my vision for the League Club as the new standard.

"Alright, let's get started in setting up the pairings. Miles has a system set to randomize the matches. Currently everyone's name is in there, but they can remove anyone who doesn't want to participate, so let us know now if you want to bow out…"

Getting things organized was a pretty quick affair from there. Most people were signing up anyways, but a few still hung back, citing not feeling ready for it or having taken the summer easy and needing to get back in shape. Even the people who didn't take part still followed us as we headed up to the arena.

The seaside arena had some important features for a long tournament, not the least of which was bleachers and relatively quick access to the cafeteria. More importantly however, it had a holo projector Miles was able to hook up to, displaying the brackets.

"Whoa, that's a lot of battles," Chumley said, looking up at the list and then around at all the eager battlers nearby. Drayton overheard him and commented:

"You should have seen how it was in the tournament I won my spot in - way larger and more of a drag. Probably because we had the first years in the club by then."

"Yup, gonna make this one a breeze for us."

"Us?" He questioned me and I gave him a sharp grin. With a groan, he picked himself off the bleachers and helped me set things up. Despite his attitude, Drayton worked efficiently, and there wasn't a ton to do, besides checking the arena's barriers and organizing the students.

"This will be a single elimination tournament with six rounds. Standard Blueberry Academy rules apply with Terastalization being the only Enhancement Effect allowed unless both participants agree otherwise. For brevity's sake, I'm going to limit these to four Pokemon per battle." That earned some sighs of relief and a very small number of scowls in disappointment. Sorry, but that's just how it's got to be. Having more Pokemon still helps with multiple battles like this, trust me, I know. "Now, let's have a good time, and may the best Trainer win!"

A cheer went up at that and the fights began. I did my best to maintain a neutral position as referee, but it was fun to see how the students were fighting. Some of them were reveling in showing off their new Pokemon, but some, like Kieran and Carmine, were keeping their new tricks in reserve. Not a terrible choice, considering how closely the competition is watching.

While many of the students cheered, chatted, or even took breaks between their matches, many of them were deeply focused too. Keeping careful notes on the strengths and weaknesses of those who could be their foes in the next rounds.

"Quick Shot!" Helen called out, her Galarian Slowbrow firing a barrage of Shell Side Arm shots at her enemies. The Slowpoke obsessed girl had improved a fair bit from last year, backing up moves like Trick Room with Mental Herb to avoid Taunts or Encores from messing with her preferred strategy.

She's got her Kantoan Slowbro using Body Press too, to help with her weakness to Dark Types, I thought as she used just that to take out a Pangoro. There's room for improvements too, Randy's Cofagrigus proved, blasting her Pokemon back with Shadow Balls and making even greater use of Trick Room than her.

They aren't quite as strong as the third years were - a couple of them gave me problems before I beat Charlotte. They aren't bad - I'd say they've improved a little bit over the summer at least from what I can remember, but there's room to grow to where last year's second and third years were. Well, with a few exceptions.

"Delta Hurricane!" Chazz Princeton called out, his Dodrio tearing up across the field in a wild storm. Maybe a Flying Type version of Thrash? He certainly got confused quickly- oh, but that's the point. As the derpy looking Dodrio stumbled around, the other Pokemon tried to take advantage of it, but despite Skye's improved capabilities, her Pokemon kept missing, their pecks unable to tag the three headed bird.

Tangled Feet worked in Chazz's favor, making Ojama's movements erratic, and despite looking goofy, the dodges were effective in buying Chazz the opportunity he needed to win. This was cheered on by a number of fans who had taken up the stands just for his fights, even though they weren't in the League Club. Huh, I wonder if I have a fan club? Probably in Paldea at least. Hope they aren't creepy.

Kieran and Carmine were also doing well, winning their battles with ease. The two of them were strong even before the summer, but now? It was on a whole other level!

"Dip, Syrup Bomb!"

"Sinistcha, Matcha Gotcha!"

My hand twitched towards my Pokeballs, mind already daydreaming of battling them. Patience, we still haven't gotten to the finals. As the day dragged on though, the Kitikami siblings were the clear forerunner, alongside Marie-Anne and Chazz.

Marie-Anne and Carmine's battle went on for a while, in part because of their strategies…

"Moonlight!" Marie-Anne cried out, and her Clefable was bathed in healing light.

On the other end of the field, my friend ordered her newly evolved Snorlax (which had to be at least one of the facets she'd kept hidden from me about her summer vacation) to, "Rest!"

The rotund Pokemon gave out a large Yawn before falling down and snoring heavily, the wounds the other side had inflicted healing even faster than Clefable could heal.

"You're wide open!" The older girl declared, ordering her Pokemon to attack the slumbering giant (as well as hold off her Sinistcha). Snorlax absorbed the hits well, then struck back, pounding the ground and raising the floor up in a tremendous Earthquake. Clefable and Muunsharna took that less well than Snorlax's partner, and then the former drifted off, joining her foe in a deep slumber. But she doesn't have Sleep Talk mastered to fight through it.

Thrown off-guard by the invisible Yawn Carmine had snuck in with her Rest, she didn't have time to react to Carmine switching Snorlax out for Kommo-o. From there, everything spiraled downhill for Marie-Anne. Kommo-o used Clanging Scales to get stronger, Sinistcha guarded him, and then she was able to blast the field with a Clangorous Soul that even had my head ringing a bit.

"The winner, is Carmine!" The crowd cheered at my declaration, and my friend grinned as widely as I'd ever seen her. Good job, you should be proud. Marie-Anne on the other hand…

While her performance wasn't bad, the way she was trying to stomp off and complained under her breath about how unfair it ended, was, so I moved to intercept. "I think you should go back and thank each other for the match," I advised her, much to the older girl's irritation.

"You can't tell me what to do! I'm leaving," she moved to walk around me.

"Sure, I can't force you to behave properly, but if being polite and recognizing a good fight with your opponent is too much for you… then don't come back," I stated firmly.

The girl stiffened up, a look of indignation swiftly forced down, recognizing there was nothing she could really say or do to stop me. She glanced once at the doorway and then back to me, weighing her desires against her pride, before finally turning around and offering a brief handshake and muttering "Thank you," before leaving.

Well, it's a start. And most people today have been much better about that than her, so I'll take it. For now.

Kieran's match proved tougher, Chazz having taken any advice I'd given him to heart, and then some. "Explode, Armed Dragon!" The older boy called out, swapping his Dodrio for a bulky Turtonator. The fiery Dragon took Overqwil's Barb Barrage right on his spikey shell and exploded immediately, the Shell Trap roasting Kieran's Poison Type.

To be able to set the Move so fast, or being able to hold the energy while within the Pokeball, either way it's incredible. I hadn't thought he'd be a contender at the start of the day, but he really might make it as an Elite… someday, at least. It hadn't escaped my eye that Kieran had one more Pokeball on his belt than he had before.

No one else had forced him to reveal this mystery Pokemon, but as Hydrapple was being pressured by Turtonator's Draco Meteor, he drew the Pokeball revealing a rare kind of Pokemon - albeit not the one I expected.

"Twilight, Accelerock!" Kieran called out, and the orange furred Lycanroc burst forward, striking aggressively at Armed Dragon from the side. Chazz ordered a counter, but Twilight pulled back, switching to a cautious stance. Kieran used the time to set up a Swords Dance and had his Hydrapple slowing the enemy Magnezone down, diverting its Flash Cannon from its partner.

Kieran maneuvered his Pokemon well, switching between offense and defense, to keep Chazz guessing before finally ending it as the Magnet Rise he had set up faded. The spikey haired boy realized the danger and tried to give the order to reset the effect, but Kieran's Lycanroc moved much swifter, an empowered Drill Run tearing into Magnezone while Hydrapple unleashed a massive bombardment from Hydrapple, each head firing repeatedly and pushing the Turtonator back to the edge of the arena, cracking the barrier before the Fire Type fell unconscious.

First time we've had that happen today. That Move is quite powerful, Kieran's going to need to come up with a good name for it. I suspected given the ease in which his starter had learned it upon evolving that this wasn't a custom technique, but something all Hydrapples would learn naturally, which meant Kieran would get to officially name it.

I announced Kieran as the winner, and Chazz shook his hand, though he promised. "Next time, I'll take you down! You can bet on that," he declared proudly, and I felt some of the eyes in the stand turn to me, wondering what my response would be.

"Sounds like it'll be a fun rematch. Considering how good this one was, make sure to invite me, I'd love to see it," I said, raising my voice slightly. A bit of competitive spirit is fine, just be kind to each other. The crowd cheered, particularly Chazz's fanbase loudly proclaiming that he would 'Chazz it up!'

With that out of the way and the sun almost fully set, I called up the final match. "Carmine, Kieran, take your places." They did so, Kieran taking a few deep breaths, Carmine striding proudly onto the field, but there was a competitive gleam in both of their eyes. This'll be fun.

"This is the final match, the winner of which will take their place among the Elite Four of the club," I announced,and the students cheered. "The loser… will also take their place among the Elite Four as we have two spots available." Chuckles and giggles filled the air at my plain explanation. "Of course, whoever loses will be a rank lower than the other, and I think that's enough to make these two siblings give it their all!" I declared to more cheers from the crowd.

"Kiki, I'm so proud over your growth, my little brother. You've become so strong and so much bolder than last year…" Carmine began.

"Aww thanks-"

"But if you think you can beat me, you've got another thing coming! You're going dooooooown!"

Kieran took a step back, but recovered quickly. "No because uh, you're the one going down!" Not well, but he did recover quicker than I expected.

I made sure both of them were ready before having them send out their Pokemon. The prickly Overqwil and buzzing Yanmega took their place in front of Kieran while Carmine released Bisharp and Sinistcha, smiling in glee before her face drooped. "Why didn't your Overqwil-"

"I thought you might send out Bisharp out, so I made sure to tell Overqwil not to Intimidate them," Kieran crowed. That's impressive. Abilities are so instinctual that it's very hard for a Pokemon to intentionally pull back on one - even a usually beneficial one like Intimidate (something like Truant or Defeatist is much harder). Then again, Intimidate is one of the Abilities people have the most practice teaching their Pokemon to control given how difficult it can be for social settings and oh crap they're waiting on me to start the match.

Acting like the pause was only for dramatic effect I smoothly said, "The match will begin in three, two, one… begin!"

The two of them exploded into action, and while Kieran had the pre-match read, Carmine's opening Moves gave her an edge, using Swords Dance with her Bisharp while her starter Protected themself against the super effective Air Cutter and Crunch that Kieran's Pokemon tried to use.

She seemed to recognize that Sinistcha was in danger though, recalling them and sending out Arcanine, who gave a proud howl, causing Kieran's Pokemon to shiver in fear. Unfortunately, this opening let Overqwil release a Haze that reset the field, girding herself from Arcanine's Intimidation and sapping strength from Bisharp in a way that Defiant couldn't cover. Bisharp's Iron Head still hit square against Kieran's Poison Type however, doing significant damage, before being blasted by Yanmega's Bug Buzz in turn.

The fiery dog Pokemon released a stream of Flamethrowers through the sky, trying to scorch Yanmega, but the Bug Type zipped around the attacks, too fast to be hit, and only speeding up. Overqwil struck at Arcanine, launching a weak but quick Aqua Jet to get in range, and then launching a Barb Barrage once in range, piercing her flanking and poisoning the Fire Type.

Bisharp kept up her assault, whittling down Overqwil and forcing Kieran to recall him while having Yanmega detect to avoid the incoming attacks. Lycanroc took to the field with Yanmega moving faster than ever. He called for a Bug Buzz, thinking Yanmega was swift enough get in and out without Arcanine keeping up, but Carmine had a trick up her sleeves.

"Extreme Blitz!" She shouted, and in burst of flame that left searing afterimages, her Arcanine rocketed upwards, smashing Yanmega into the barrier before they could possibly get out of the way. The two of them crumpled to the ground after, Yanmega barely holding on thanks to the scorched Focus Sash now ash from the fiery impact, and Arcanine…

That move clearly combines the power of Flare Blitz and Extremespeed, but the extra speed comes with a drawback; the recoil damage is worse. Adding onto that was the Poison slowly sapping away at her health, and Kieran switching things up, shouting, "Now, reversal!" Which caused Yanmega to switch tactics and instead reach out with her spindly limbs and toss Arcanine over her body in a motion I would not have expected the Bug Type to be capable of.

Wow, he's really come a long way as a Trainer, utilizing every Move at his disposal. Lycanroc finished the other dog Pokemon off, pounding the ground and causing a large Edge of Stone to push up, slamming into Arcanine. It was dramatic and drew nearly everyone's eyes in the stands, causing most people (including Kieran) to miss that his sister had drawn a secret weapon for later.

Carmine recalled her Pokemon before she could fall, already unconscious, and Bisharp retaliated with an Iron Head that cracked hard against Lycanroc's hide. She didn't move to send another Pokemon out however, which let Kieran free to direct both of his Pokemon against her.

"Drill Run, Reversal!"

"Oh Kiki, you're such a Sucker!" Carmine taunted back, her Bisharp ready for the Fighting move, launching a quick jab as Yanmega tried to get close, knocking the Bug out. Lycanroc's Drill Run tore into Bisharp, but the incredible Eviolite boosted defenses of Carmine's Pokemon let her take the super effective attack well, and Sinistcha's re-entrance let loose a spray of healing green liquid which let them recover from most of what Kieran had done.

Kieran sent out Overqwil to check Carmine's Ghost Type again, and I heard how the crowd cheered louder, getting more and more hyped as the close match continued. Lycanroc tried to Drill Run Bisharp again, but Rage powder pulled the attack over to Sinistcha. "Crunch!" He called out, hoping the Dark Type attack could get rid of her Starter. Carmine had anticipated that however, which is why she threw the Tera Orb she'd drawn earlier.

In a flash of light, a large crystal surrounded Sinistcha, shattering to reveal a bunch of shining flowers above their head. The sharp bite sunk in deep, but wasn't nearly as effective as Kieran hoped it would be, letting his Lycanroc take another Iron Head for little gain.

"You've just left yourself wide open!" Kieran declared, raising his own Tera Orb and tossing it over Overqwil. After the Terastalization a purple skull and crossbones floated above the Hisuian Pokemon's head, adding more power to the Gunk Shot and badly injuring Sinistcha. Despite that, it wasn't quite enough to defeat Carmine's Tera Pokemon, and they were readying a Strength Sap that would heal her up massively… but Overqwil wasn't fighting on her own.

Despite the repeated hits, Twilight stood up on shaky legs, letting out a ferocious howl as he refused to go down. A burst forward with Accelerock and he slammed into Sinistcha, making a shattering sound as the Terastalization broke and Carmine's starter fell.

"Gah! I- I underestimated you, but we aren't out yet. Bisharp, Retaliate!" She shouted, pointing at the Overqwil. The Dark Type dropped the Lash Out she'd been building up to and Retaliated hard, spurred on by the loss of her comrade. That's good Type control there. Even if both Moves are powered by feelings of loss and anger- or maybe especially then. Carmine understood enough to recognize that her Pokemon could use that and changed tactics on the fly.

The powerful Retaliation hit Overqwil hard and she went down fast, the attack, combined with the previous Moves enough to knock Kieran's Terastilized Pokemon out. The crowd was cheering even louder now, the enthusiasm reaching a fever pitch as the battle neared its final chapter, both of the Trainers revealing their final Pokemon at the same time.

Porygon-Z and Mimikyu took their places on the field and both sides frowned, clearly expecting a different choice from their siblings. That can happen when two sides, so evenly matched and aware of what the other can do, try to read each other. They didn't let that slow them down, however, both of them launching into new strategies.

"Shadow Sneak/Accelerock!" They called out at the same time. Kieran's Pokemon moved faster, striking Carmine's Pokemon and breaking her Morepeko costume. She gave out an angry hiss as her costume flopped to the side, a shadow claw reaching out from under the folds of cloth and struck at the Dusk Form Lycanroc, knocking him out.

Of course, this left her open for the Shadow Ball Porygon-Z launched, which hit Mimikyu and sent her flying back, the well-timed explosion from the impact managing to cover her true form. By the time it cleared, the costume was once again covering her body, though from how she sagged, she clearly wasn't doing well.

Bisharp on the other hand, was stronger than ever, having just finished a Swords Dance. Kieran recalled his Lycanroc, and ordered another Shadow Ball out at Mimikyu, only for his eyes to widen as he saw Carmine's hand sign to her Pokemon. Ah, he knows what she's trying to do so he'll adjust and-

"Ohmygosh is that Ogerpon! She must have followed you here!" Carmine exclaimed, pointing behind Kieran. The boy turned around, shocked, looking desperately.

"What? Wher- CARMINE!" He shouted, twisting back angrily, but the damage had been done. Mimikyu collapsed after a spectral nail she conjured sunk into her body and then did the same to Porygon-Z the Curse taking hold. The digital Pokemon was skilled enough to redirect the Shadow Ball over to Bisharp, but she tanked the not very effective Move and landed a sharp Night Slash, cutting deep into Porygon-Z, who spasmed angrily.

"All's fair in Pokemon battles and war," she said with a shrug, directing Bisharp to Protect as Porygon-Z tried to zap her with a Thunderbolt. Some of the crowd agreed, cheering and laughing, while others didn't booing her.

"So not cool," Kieran muttered angrily, before regaining his focus, watching as his last Pokemon shuddered, the Curse biting into them. With a sigh, he raised his head and said, "Let's finish this; show them your true power, Hyper Beam!"

A ball of orange light gathered in front of the Normal Type's blue bill-like extrusion, and I had Miles quickly reinforce the barrier. I wasn't sure if it would be needed, but with an attack of this caliber, I knew better to be safe than sorry. Then the beam fired, an orange stream of destruction washing over Bisharp with such force that it pushed her all the way back to edge.

When the light cleared and we could blink the spots out of our eyes, we all beheld the final result; Bisharp down on one knee, barely holding on, but still conscious, while Porygon-Z floated for a moment more before the drain of their Life Orb and shock of the Curse took hold, giving one last cry before their head dropped and their angry yellow eyes became swirly.

"Porygon-Z is knocked out, Carmine is the winner!" I announced and the crowd went wild, cheering loudly. Kieran and Carmine met in the middle of the field, shaking hands, albeit slightly reluctantly on Kierna's behalf.

"That was a dirty trick," he said, and I chimed in too, walking towards the pair.

"While technically not against the rules, I hope we won't see too much of that from you," I told her, and she flushed.

"No, don't worry about that. Kiki's one of the only ones strong enough, and gullible enough to fall for it. And I doubt it'd even work again."

"Wait, really? You mean it - the strong thing, not the gullible stuff; I don't trust you enough to just believe you on that." Carmine laughed at his suspicious gaze, but nodded her head.

"Of course I do, you're getting crazy strong, and that's without Ogerpon. I'm sure when you do get her to join your team, I'll have no chance." Kieran's yellow eyes grew wide, amazed at the faith she had in him.

"It's true, you've gotten a ton stronger, and more mature. Not many Trainers can direct a Dusk Form Lycanroc well," I chimed in. Rockruff was an adorable and well-loved Pokemon, but that third evolution was rarely seen. More casual Trainers preferred the calmness of the Midday Form evolution, while more competitive ones tended to enjoy the sheer aggression of the Midnight form to match their own battle drive. Dusk is a strange mix of both, and only available to certain Rockruffs, but I think it fits Kieran, given his own struggles, being either too much of a pushover or too aggressive and how he seems to have finally found a balance.

"Thanks," He said, scratching the back of his head embarrassedly. "Don't think I won't get you back for that trick though, sis."

"Hah! You're welcome to try, fellow Elite Four, but I plan on shooting all the way to the top and taking the Championship from Nemona soon!" She said, giving me a fierce grin that set my heart racing with anticipation.

"Oh, I was more talking about sneaking into your room and shifting everything a couple of degrees, but I'm definitely going to be the one to take Nemona down," Kieran commented casually, causing Carmine to squawk in outrage, turning on her brother.

"Don't you dare!"

"Hahaha," I laughed. "Well before any of that, I think you have some fans looking to talk to you," I pointed out, slipping away as many of the students rushed the two, peppering them with questions.

Most of my friends are on the Elite Four of the League Club, the environment is getting more friendly in the Club, and I've got some great trainers lining up to challenge me. This is gonna be a good year.


Back to school stuff! Hopefully the Elsa mentions weren't too annoying, but I felt entirely brushing past her absence would have been a bit jarring. In any case, Nemona has new challenges and a bunch of friends by her side to face them with/give them to her.

I hope the fights were fun and engaging. Carmine's trick at the end was dirty, but I think it fits, given how she tends towards Ghost and Dark type Pokemon. Also, what do you think of Kieran's sixth Pokemon? Dusk Form Lycanroc was actually one I considered for Nemona but ultimately decided not to go for, but I feel like it matches Kieran well.

These next few chapters are going to be a bit of a breather, exploring some elements of the school I couldn't quite squeeze into before and some other plot lines before we have a very impactful mini arc, but that's still a few chapters off. Any guesses what it'll be? Let me know down below or on the Discord. And if you want to read more and have a bit of money to toss my way, I have a Patreon, subscribers to it get early access to the next ten chapters of this story, and the next two for Brand New Isekai, my other story. Thank you, and I hope you're having a good day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top