1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] [Log Horizon] Faceplanting right into the Database

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by Scratx, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Scratx

Scratx Getting sticky.

Minako looked at the slice after hearing Tamomo and took an experimental bite. A little chewing and tasting later, though, she deposited the remains in her hand to dispose of.

"Sarasa, dear, I don't think you'd deliberately troll us at this time... but whatever this is, it certainly doesn't taste as it should. Comparing it to cardboard might be doing it a favor."

2. Dahlia

Dahlia Getting out there.

Player: Sarasa

"A pity."

Sarasa slowly and carefully ate her own slice, leaving not even a crumb, and then she wrapped the remained of the loaf and returned it to her inventory.

She walked onwards to the town with no further comment.

3. drakensis

drakensis Versed in the lewd.

I finished my slice of the cake - waste not, want not and even if it didn't taste well, who knew when I might wind up short of a meal - and followed Sarasa towards the town. Whatever was going on there, if anything, might as well find out now rather than later.

4. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Tamomo wrapped up her slice of cake in the hopes that something could be done about the taste later on. She then followed the others to civilization, hoping there were some kind of answers for them.

5. ECS05norway

ECS05norway Know what you're doing yet?

Aeltara nodded, offering a soft "Thank you" to Sarasa as she took the piece of cake. It couldn't possibly be worse than - oh, wait. It was. "Yeah, cardboard sounds about right." She paused, looked down at the offending thing that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike food. Shrugged. "Too hungry to care." She finished eating it in a few bites. "Hopefully that won't be a commonplace occurrence. Shall we into town?"

6. Scratx

Scratx Getting sticky.

GM Post

Minako took a few moments to go through her own packed food, checking out if anything else exhibited the same flavoring issues and quickly realised it was, sadly, not an isolated phenomenom. Sighing, she went back to eating Sarasa's offered slice.

"We're screwed, it's not just her cake. I hope it's just the food we already had..."

The group, other than any further comments about the flavor issue, then headed towards the city and the opened gates. Upon arrival at the gate the guards did not challenge them, merely observing the group. Either they didn't know they were adventurers or were used to them. Possibly both.

Does anyone stop at the gates to talk to the guards or carry on?

7. drakensis

drakensis Versed in the lewd.

I paused at the gates and looked at the guards. Down at the guards. How tall had I made myself? It was strange to tower over them from this perspective.

"Excuse me." Hopefully my smile wasn't too intimidating. "Are there any problems or local laws I... that my companions and I should be aware of?"

8. Scratx

Scratx Getting sticky.

GM Post

Both guards looked at you but only the closer one replied.

"That I know of, there's no problem in particular. No drunken revelers going about and no monster attacks."

The other guard interjected, "There might be a goblin warband nearby. We have scouts looking for them."

"Right, but the goblins aren't here."

"Telling the adventurers about it is still a good idea."

"Ad- oh."

"The priests are always looking for the items to keep the seal strong, too. I haven't heard them bitching about low supply in months, though."

"Right, right. Talking to the High Priest might yield some quest for you, honored adventurers."

9. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Tamomo listened quietly. A goblin war band? How many goblins did that require, and what level were the goblins? Was it an open world event, or some kind of low level raid?

She spoke up when the guard appeared to have finished. "Excuse me, sirs. How serious is the threat of a war band? Or who would I talk to find gain more information?"

It could be nothing, but might it be like one of those isekai stories where heroes are brought over right before an impending doom arrived? Actually... no, that was way too chuuni.

There were way too many questions that needed answers.