1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Life As An SI In King Viserys' Court

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by IEatBabies423, Sep 12, 2022.

1. a guy1013

a guy1013 Versed in the lewd.

The waifu wars in ah is very volatile compared to sb, and here don't know in FF haven't check the reviews

MayoMidas and Coldbluestreak like this.
  2. Horus Lupercal

Horus Lupercal Primarch of the Luna Wolves,and the Warmaster

Will Baelon marry his sister

Apogaeus and Coldbluestreak like this.
  3. ArtMagnus

ArtMagnus Knight Imperion

Hope not tbh. Never liked incest plots.

4. Kolekzionera

Kolekzionera Getting sticky.

Boy did you come to the wrong setting..

Farhan, Ben black145, K_Will and 5 others like this.
  5. IEatBabies423

IEatBabies423 Getting out there.

FF hasn't really sid much about it besides yes harem or no harem. Nobodies really been supporting anyone in particular.

6. Mr. Mochi

Mr. Mochi I wish the Ring had never come to me.

Enjoyed the story so far, but why is the scene of Baelon's claiming of Vhagar missing? Imagine reading a story about a war council and then the next scene is peace discussions. You’ve skipped the war!

Not only was it a chance to give Baelon more personality, but Vhagar as well. And if you take the time to how the cast is dressed, how can you skip over the most immediate and important plot related scene?

Even if the story is focused on the court drama you can’t just have the main character “get” a dragon. Like you pay more attention to the ramification of having the youngest dragon rider than the specifics of how he got the dragon. I think if you asked any of the readers a dragon taming scene is dearly needed and missed. That’s where your author chops are made, in the big moments that make or break the story. Bruce Wayne doesn’t just become Batman, he’s traumatized by his childhood, into mastering his fear and fighting crime. Here Baelon just figured out where a dragon is and runs to it and thereby becomes a dragon rider.

There’s no build up, no real sense of risk, no character motivation here. A dragon is not a bike- it’s a living breathing nuke. And if you want to give a fully grown one to a kid, you gotta make it a bigger event. It’s not a sword or a simple family heirloom. Not to mention the dragon just lost its favorite human.

Why write a story with dragons if you don’t even give them their screen time? You could have had this story in any other time period, but you chose this one and you aren’t even giving dragons there due deference. You wanted to write about a 4 year old dragon rider, at least show us how he got the dragon.

7. Threadmarks: Baelon III
    IEatBabies423

My opponent raised his sword as quickly as he could but he barely got it up in time before I batted it away and followed up with a strike at the older boy's head that sent him stumbling. I was quick to follow after him and lashed out with a kick that sent him to the ground and knocked his sword out of his hand. I walked after him and brought my sword above my head.

"I yield!" Benedar was quick to yell out and immediately I stopped the strike, throwing my training sword to the ground and tearing off the incredibly stuffy helmet all of us were made to wear.

"Good fight, Ben," I smiled down at the boy and offered him a hand which he used to help himself up, "You've gotten better," I told him and I could hear Wyl Waynwood scoff from the side of the yard while Alyssa and Alayne Lynderly cheered for my victory.

Two years ago, shortly after Daemon's visit leading up to the Great Council, Rhea announced to us that Jeyne Arryn would be coming to foster in Runestone. With her came many other young Lords and Ladies and so Runestone has been more akin to an elementary school than a keep for the past few years.

The most notable of these young Lords and Ladies was of course Jeyne herself. She was an adorable child with long brown hair and grey eyes. Her personality was a lot like my sister's and they had become fast friends which led to me spending the most time with her out of any of the other kids.

"You did an amazing job Bael!" Alyssa was upon me the moment I had the massive bulk of wool and leather off of my body and wrapped me up in a hug, getting my sweat all over her dress.

"You get better everyday, Baelon," Jeyne was much more subdued than Alyssa but from the way she was smiling you would think I had just won a gold medal. It was refreshing how important everything was to children. The enthusiasm they had for a six year old beating up an eight year old with a stick was pretty infectious.

Of course it went both ways and the slightest insult was pouted over for weeks.

"I wouldn't celebrate too much. Little Ben is the worst swordsman I've ever seen and Baelon still is no match for me," Arnold Arryn was seven years older than me and had accompanied Jeyne from the Eyrie. I had tried to cozy up to him just as I had the other children but Alyssa and Jeyne had kept me away from him for the most part.

Understandable considering the way the boy always went on about how much stronger and capable men were than women whenever he got the chance. I wondered if he had any idea exactly who's castle he was in.

"Baelon is still young, cousin. But give him a few years and I'm sure he'll be to your level, perhaps even to the level of Adrian," Adrian Redfort was the best swordsman out of the older boy's and Arnold had never beaten him.

Arnold's face turned red and he opened his mouth to reply in what would no doubt be another long winded argument between the cousins but Alyssa was already pulling me away.

Since the young Lords and Ladies had come to Runestone I had done my best to get to know each of them as well as I could and let them develop some fondness for me. Even if all they could remember of me was, "That kid I used to play with as a child," I would consider that a win.

There was Benedar Belmore, the second son to Lord Belmore, who I was closest to save for Alyssa and Jeyne. He had red hair and blue eyes and like Arnold said he was the worst of us all with a sword, bow, riding, or anything physical. He spent all of the time he could in the library which is where I had most of my interactions with him.

Besides him there was Robar Hunter, heir to house Hunter, who was larger and older than Ben but not by much. He had brown hair and brown eyes and was the fastest of us along with being best with a bow.

There was Jessamyn Redfort, she had blue eyes and red hair and was around the same age as Jeyne. She was very shy however, and hung to Jeyne wherever she went so I only saw her when I was with my sister and her.

There was also her cousin Adrian Redfort, third son of Lord Redfort, who was the oldest, tallest, and strongest of us all. I learned swordplay from him when I could be bothered to ask after our regular training.

The last of the children was Wyl Waynwood, heir to house Waynwood. He was a plan boy a year or two younger than Arnold and if I was being honest he was rather dull. He followed Arnold around everywhere and tended to agree with anything he said.

Despite trying to spend time with the other children however I still spent most of my time with Alyssa. Case in point, her currently dragging me to Vhagar, something she had been doing everyday since she turned five and mother allowed us to ride more frequently.

"Do you think father will come visit soon," Alyssa asked in Valyrian. She always used the language when speaking about our family, a habit she had picked up from Daemon and I no doubt, even when there wasn't much reason to.

I took a moment to consider her question, Daemon had been absent more than usual since the Great Council, which had unsurprisingly gone the way it had originally. The Rogue Prince spent most of his time in King's Landing and though he made time to visit on occasion it was significantly less than he had before and the visits had only dwindled as time passed.

Alyssa was obviously hurt by his absence but I knew why he was gone. The king's health had been declining rapidly since the Great Council and if things continued on the way they had in the original timeline then he would be dead before the year was over.

"I'm sure father wants to visit, Alys," I put a hand on her shoulder as we made our way to the stables which housed my dragon, "He has been very busy lately."

"I know," She responded with a pout, "But mother says you should never be too busy for family."

"Mother is right," I agree, "But father is very busy," Alyssa looked distinctly dissatisfied with my answer but her pout quickly turned into a smile as we saw Vhagar.

The moment I had realized who I was and was old enough to walk I had immediately started reading all the books I could on dragons in the Runestone library. Eventually Daemon had taken notice and was more than happy to provide me any books he could that Runestone didn't have but none of them truly did me any good.

No matter what way you look at it there simply isn't a good way to attempt claiming a dragon. Sure having a good relationship with the dragon might help and maybe if you were descended from its precious rider you would have a better chance. Even the one thing everyone agreed helped, Valyrian heritage, wasn't a guarantee. If a dragon decided you were dinner, blond hair wasn't going to help you. Simple fact was that if a dragon wanted you as it's rider then you would be its rider, if not then good luck not dying.

So I had decided to just go for it. I would never be in a better position or have a stronger dragon to claim so why not make the attempt when I could? It was either I died and got to leave this world before anything truly terrible happened to me or I got a massive boost to my strength and a headstart in becoming a true player in this world.

So I resolved to go to Vhagar and simply approach her before making an attempt to mount her.

Of course the moment I walked into the Godswood and Vhagar set her eyes upon me I was frozen with every thought of mounting her leaving me. For those few moments my brain was stuck between running and making myself look as small as possible.

Eventually she turned her, surprisingly intelligent, eyes from me and scoffed before laying back down. I promptly collapsed to the floor and sat there for what felt like hours before forcing myself to stand on shaky legs. I couldn't get any farther than that, my mind was stuck between approaching the dragon and running as far away as I could.

I ended up spending hours with Vhagar and being late to the funeral and the vast majority of my time must have been spent in that one spot.

Eventually Vhagar got tired of waiting and stood up before stalking towards me. At that moment I had thought I was dragon food and made to run but only accomplished falling over again before she simply laid her head down directly in front of me and stared at me with her eyes that were the size of my entire four year old body. Shakily I reached out a hand and laid it on her head and she didn't immediately swallow me whole. I suppose that was the moment I claimed her, though it would be more accurate to say she claimed me.

Even after two years the sheer size of her was still surprising. I had thought Caraxes massive when I first saw it and I certainly wasn't wrong. At the time he was the largest animal I had ever seen, his body alone had the mass of two elephants to say nothing of his wingspan.

Vhagar was double his size.

She was beautiful, light bronze scales highlighted by green-blue and as we walked towards her she cracked open an eye that was the brightest green I had ever seen.

"Who's the most beautiful dragon in the whole world?" I couldn't help but laugh as my sister treated my dragon as a puppy and not the weapon of mass destruction she was.

Thankfully the servants of Runestone were used to Alyssa and I's schedule so Vhagar was already saddled and ready to take to the air.

Riding a dragon never got old. The feeling of power I had, looking down at farms and towns passing by as specks on the ground, knowing that I could erase them all with a simple command was exhilarating like nothing I had ever done before.

It was strange what owning a nuke revealed about you.

In front of me I could hear Alyssa giggling and screaming, yelling out commands that Vhagar made no move to follow until I repeated them. My sister had always been obsessed with dragons and I had no doubt that once we were in a position for her to make a claim on one she would do so immediately.

Especially after I had received a letter from Rhaenyra in which she told me of how she claimed Dreamfyre. When Alyssa had found out she had wanted to immediately fly off to King's Landing or Dragonstone and claim a dragon for her own. When Rhea had told her no she had come running to me but I had denied her as well.

She swore she wouldn't speak to me for the rest of our lives afterwards but she barely lasted a day before cracking, though she was pouting for the next week or two.

We didn't know how Jaehaerys would have reacted if Alyssa went to claim a dragon, considering both sides were currently equal in terms of numbers if not in firepower. So Alyssa would have to deal with being the only one of the new generation without a dragon of her own.

Eventually we were forced to land and when we did it was to find Caraxes in the stables. Alyssa's mood got even better at the sight, if that was possible, and she couldn't get out of the straps fast enough before rushing off to find Daemon.

When we saw him he was speaking in a hushed tone with Rhea and the two turned to see Alyssa as she came running towards them, though Daemon didn't look very happy and neither did Rhea.

"What's wrong, mother?" I asked once I had caught up.

"You will be going to live with your father in King's Landing for a while, Baelon," She reached down and pulled me into her side with a sigh, "Your uncle, Viserys, is to be king."

-

AN

Chapter is a bit late but hey close enough I feel like lol. There'll be another chapter Monday(or maybe early Tuesday but who's paying that much attention?)

So two year timeskip this chapter, next one will be in King's Landing and the story gets to actually live up to its title. I wanted to put the title at the end of this chapter but I couldn't, it hurt me too much.

Most of the children in this chapter are ones that I created to flesh out the Vale, only Adrian, Jessamyn, Jeyne, and Arnold are in the books. Adrian Redfort becomes a member of Rhaenyra's Queensguard while Jeyne becomes Lady of the Vale and is good "friends" with Jess. Arnold tried to take the Vale from her a couple times.

I know not much happened this chapter but I wanted one between the timeskip and going to King's Landing.

Please point out any mistakes

8. a guy1013

So who will MC marry ,unless Daemon is pushing MC hard on rhaenrya

1212321, 00loner and RichardWhereat like this.
  9. GooseElite

GooseElite Know what you're doing yet?

I really hope Alyssa gets a dragoon. Looking forward to seeing more.

00loner likes this.
  10. a guy1013

she will its a matter who and when

GooseElite likes this.
  11. LuxEterna

LuxEterna Versed in the lewd.

Baelon and as soons as everyone else will let her :sneaky:

Apogaeus, IEatBabies423 and Fernando like this.
  12. Threadmarks: Steffon II
    IEatBabies423

It had been six months since Ser Steffon and Willam had accompanied Baelon to King's Landing and in that time not much had changed from their days in Runestone.

The Prince still spent his hours in the yard training among young Lords, though these ones were from places all over Westeros rather than just the Vale. At first Steffon hadn't thought Baelon had the makings of a good swordsman, the boy spent most of his time in the library and when he wasn't there it was because Alyssa dragged him out.

However the moment that he was made to start practicing Baelon threw himself into his training with focus that Steffon had never seen from someone his age. Now the boy was as good with the blade as any child his age could be and a match to even those multiple years older than him. With a few more years the Prince might become as good a swordsman as his father.

When not in the yard the Prince could still be found in the library or being dragged around by a Princess, though this one's hair and eyes differed from the other's.

Now the first tourney of Viserys' reign had started and an unknown knight had just dragged Dark Sister from the hands of Daemon.

As the mystery knight approached the stands the young Prince and Princess got up from their seats and moved so they could more easily look down on him.

"What is your name, Ser?" Baelon asked with the same charming smile he seemed to always have plastered on.

The knight bowed low, "I am Criston Cole, my Prince," The knight turned to Rhaenyra before again bowing low, "My Princess, if it pleases you I would give you the laurels for today's victory and humbly ask for your favor in the jousts tomorrow."

A smile spread across the Princess's face, "I would be more than happy to provide you this honor, Ser Criston. Though I don't remember a House Cole."

"You would not, Princess," Ser Criston bowed low once more, "My father was a Steward in Blackhaven, hardly someone you should take notice of."

"I see," The Princess's smile dimmed somewhat.

"Then congratulations are in order, Ser Criston," Baelon's smile stayed fixed in place, "For how far you have rose," Smiles and applause broke out through the noble and lowborn stands alike at the prince's words with more than a few Ladies gushing over the 'cute' scene.

The young Prince made friends easily and made peace with his enemies easier still. Though he was an adorable young boy of only six name days who always seemed to try his best at everything he did, so maybe that was obvious.

The Prince was motioning for Steffon to bend down, "I would like you to bring Ser Criston to my room later, Steffon," He spoke quietly directly into Steffon's ear, "A knight of his prowess might find a place among my own employ."

Ser Steffon didn't agree, he had been one of the men from the Crownlands who accompanied Prince Aemon to Tarth. He was there when Aemon died from a crossbow bolt meant for the Lord of Tarth and had taken part in the fighting afterwards, the 'Myrish Bloodbath'. Afterwards he entered the service of Prince Baelon and had served him and his house faithfully for ten years. What did Cole, who had won one melee by raising his flail against the Prince of Dragonstone, know of protecting a Prince and Princess?

"My Prince, I do not know if that is wise. Ser Criston fought well, it is true, but one melee a great knight does not make."

The Prince seemed to consider him for a moment and Ser Steffon was once again caught off guard by the intelligence held in his eyes.

That was what people meant when they called him the Conciliator reborn, Steffon thought. A boy of six shouldn't have eyes like that.

But the moment passed quickly and Baelon looked away, still considering. Weighing the pros and cons of his actions though Steffon couldn't truthfully understand why the decision was so important to the young Prince.

After a moment Bailon's face settled in determination, "Bring Ser Criston to my room," He said as finally as his voice could manage, "And bring the Cargylls too."

While Steffon could understand why the Prince would want the first tourney winner he had ever seen in his service he could not understand what he wanted with the Cargylls. They had not done near as well as Cole.

"I will send servants to fetch them, my Prince," It wasn't Ser Steffon's place to go against his Prince's direct orders. He would give what advice he could but if Baelon decided to employ every Hedge Knight in King's Landing then Steffon would go to every tavern and brothel personally to get them.

"Tell me, Sers, what do you plan on doing once the tournament is over?"

"I cannot speak for the Cargylls, my Prince," Ser Criston started, "But I had planned on traveling and finding other tourneys to compete in," Erryk and Arryk nodded their agreement.

Baelon had told his family that he would be dining privately, a matter which had greatly upset Rhaenyra, before inviting the three knights into his chambers to eat with him.

Steffon took a moment to examine the men sitting across from his Prince. Ser Criston Cole was tall and dashing with tan skin, black hair cut so it barely hung over his ears, and pale green eyes. Ser Steffon could see why the man had quickly become a favorite among the ladies at court.

Ser Erryk and Arryk Cargyll were shorter than Cole and more stocky with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. They were also younger than Cole and barely seemed like men grown but they looked strong enough and Steffon had seen them in the melee so he wasn't quick to dismiss them.

"That won't do, knights of your prowess deserve a place of honor. What would you say if a Prince offered you a job in King's Landing?" Baelon asked with his boyish smile. Ser Steffon couldn't help but crack a smile along with him, his Prince was still just a boy enamored with the dashing knights at the tournament.

No doubt Baelon had heard the comparisons to Jaehaerys and was trying to build a legendary Kingsguard of his own. Steffon wondered which of those storied knights he was to be.

"I would be honored, my Prince," Criston Cole had dropped to his knee with his head bowed low and after a glance between the twin Cargylls they followed his example.

Baelon stood up and walked up to the knights, "Do you swear in the name of the Warrior to protect me from whoever I deem a foe?"

"I do, my Prince," Ser Criston was quick to respond while the twins quickly followed his lead.

"Do you swear in the name of the Maiden to protect my sister and any Lady I deem necessary?"

"I do, my Prince," The three answered quickly this time.

"Do you swear in the name of the Smith to be steadfast in any order given you by me or those I charge you to protect?"

"I do, my Prince."

"Do you swear in the name of the Father to give good and just counsel when I am in need of it?"

"I do, my Prince."

"Do you swear in the name of the Mother to protect my sister and any children that the two of us may have?" Steffon wondered if Baelon understood how that sounded. He got his answer a moment later when Baelon cringed and his smile became just a bit more stiff causing Steffon to crack a grin of his own.

"I do, my Prince," At least the new knights didn't seem to notice.

"Do you swear in the name of the Crone to keep any secrets you hear under me private?"

"I do, my Prince."

"Do you swear in the name of the Stranger to give your life for mine or any of those I charge you to protect?"

"I do, my Prince," Ser Criston swore immediately but the twins were slower once again.

"You knelt as Hedge Knights," Baelon proclaimed dismissively, "Now rise as Sworn Swords to a Prince of House Targaryen."

The three knights rose to their feet and while Steffon could see the pride in the eyes of the Cargylls, Ser Criston looked as though he had just been named Hand of the King and Lord Commander of the Kingsguard at once.

"I will serve you faithfully, my Prince," He swore and the other two were quick to agree.

"I have no doubt you will. Now it is time for you to prepare for the jousts tomorrow. Report here afterwards and Ser Steffon will let you know what your job is."

"Then by your leave, my Prince," Ser Criston bowed low and left the room while the Cargylls rushed to do the same.

The moment they were gone Baelon was loosening the buttons on his doublet and kicking off his boots.

"Do you think that went well, Ser Steffon?" The Prince's grin was gone and if he had been this nervous during the whole ceremony then Steffon thought it a wonder how well his smile hid it, "Or did i make a fool of myself?"

Steffon took a moment to consider the question, Baelon had not made either Ser Willam or himself swear such an oath but he thought it was a fine one, "I thought you did quite well, you looked every part the young Prince."

A grin spread across Baelon's face, this one more akin to the one he wore when around Rhaenyra and Alyssa than to the charming smile he wore for the court, "So you don't think any of them would betray me in the event of a civil war?"

Steffon snorted, what went on behind a Prince's eye's would always be a mystery to him, "No, my Prince, Cole especially seemed eager to please," And just like that his smile was gone.

"Yes, I suppose he would be," Baelon muttered, "He is a nobody from nowhere. As long as I keep him to my side and do not slight him I imagine he could want for little else."

Ser Steffon thought his Prince's words more than a little ill spirited and assumed more about Cole than he was willing to but he said none of this to Baelon, "Well you have five now my Prince, only two more left."
    Baelon snorted as he finished pulling his clothes off, "I'm not quite on the same level as the King, hopefully five able knights to go along with my Vhagar will be more than enough," For what, Steffon noted, Baelon did not say.

The young boy fell onto his bed with a sigh, "Outfitting those three is going to kill my funds. It would be easier to just fly them to Runestone and have them equipped there."

Now it was Steffon's turn to snort, "I'm sure your sister and mother would be happy for your visit," At that Baelon's smile slipped once again.

At first when Alyssa had heard Baelon was going to King's Landing she had gone to pack her things as well, so sure was she that she would accompany him.

The Princess had been a terror when it was explained to her that she was to stay in Runestone while her brother went to King's Landing alone.

The two had spent practically every hour that they were awake together, Steffon knew, and he thought separating them an act of cruelty. He didn't know why Daemon had deemed it so but he guessed that with their closeness many would assume that they were spoken for just as their grandparents and great grandparents had been before them.

Daemon had even gone as far as to forbid Baelon from visiting Runestone, permitting him only to fly Vhagar over the Kingswood and swearing that if Baelon left he would confine him to his room and Vhagar to the pit. Steffon didn't know how serious the man was but Baelon hadn't risked it so far.

A knock at the door interrupted Steffon's train of thought, "That must be Ser Willam here to exchange with you, Steffon. You are dismissed."

With Viserys not extending the Kingsguard to Daemon's son Baelon had only two guards in the capital so the two were forced to switch back and forth between each other throughout the day to let the other rest.

Baelon took a guard with him everywhere and required that one of them be in the room while he slept. Steffon thought this paranoia and knew Willam thought the same but Baelon insisted.

"And how did our Prince handle our new comrades?" Willam asked once Steffon had gone to answer the door.

"He handled himself well, the very image of a precocious Prince."

"He often is," Willam paused for a moment, "He will make a great King."

Ser Steffon's eyes narrowed, "I believe I have misheard you, Ser," He said, "Baelon will become a Lord not a King."

"The King has no son."

"What you are saying is treason!"

"If discussing the succession is treason then all the great Lords in Westeros would currently be hanging from a tree."

"The Queen has become pregnant once more."

"The Queen was wedded and bedded at ten and two, she had two stillborn children and one who died in the crib before having Rhaenyra at five and ten," He lowered his voice even further, "How likely is it that this one survives when all the others have died?"

"He has a daughter."

"Have you not paid any attention to the happenings of Westeros over the past three years? A woman cannot sit the Iron Throne before a male cousin or uncle. Should Viserys wish for his line to sit the throne after him then he will marry his daughter to our Prince as Jaehaerys should have done."

"I won't hear any more of this," Steffon made to leave but Willam grabbed his arm.

"Let me remind you, Ser, that you are the sworn sword of Baelon not Viserys, Aemma, or Rhaenyra."

"Aye," Steffon nodded before grabbing Willam's hand and wrenching it from his own, "And when our Prince declares that he wishes to become King I will be the first sword that declares him so," He promised.

"On that we agree at least," Steffon hated the smug look on William's face but he couldn't deny that they were in agreement.

When Steffon fell asleep that night it was to dreams of crossbow bolts and dragon fire.

AN

So… I'm not four hours late this time! Improvement, right?

Sorry about that, a new chapter is still planned for Friday but don't be surprised if it comes out Saturday or early Sunday as it seems I suck at posting when I'm supposed to.

Also please get on my ass about updating, I'm a chronic procrastinator so you guys making me feel bad for missing updates really does help me.

So a bit of a dark question but I've seen it talked about it fanfic about babies being either cut apart or crushed to get them out of the Mother, I also read about it on the Wikipedia about childbirth in the middle ages and forceps but I can't seen to find an article directly about it. If you have one for whatever reason I'd appreciate you sending it to me.

On a lighter note, what did you guys think of the latest HotD episode? I thought the twist was amazing and made me cheer out loud at the end but let me know what you guys thought.

Please point out any mistakes.

13. Williams1996

Williams1996 Alba gu bràth

Getting Cole was smart he will be loyal as you said if our mc doesn't have him do something that destroys his honour as a knight.

D'waawwu, DiscoRed, Ulysses and 8 others like this.
  14. Hammerfury

Hammerfury Know what you're doing yet?

Make sure Cole gets enough pussy in order not to look towards Rhaenyra and he'll make a good pawn.

Ulysses, 00loner and e3we like this.
  15. Kolekzionera

My understanding of Cole is that he was rather idealistic and took his vows very seriously. When Rhaenyra got him to betray them it destroyed his self image. When he realized that he threw away his honor to be a sex toy to a little girl that didn't even care about him it pushed him over the edge. The rather obvious bastards, flaunting of realm laws (which Cole actually cared about) and general ugliness of the civil war politics resulted in the jaded cunt he became.

So long as the SI treats him with consideration, I don't think he needs to be getting paranoid over his loyalty.

I get the sense that Rhaenyra and Alyssa are shaping up to be much bigger wild cards, especially if there isn't a clear heir like in cannon. Their rivalry is already shaping up to get much more serious from the childish scuffle it started as.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Amastris, Ulysses, 00loner and 9 others like this.
  16. Ghosty

Ghosty Getting sticky.

Hopefully you don't play Alice against Rhaenyra, but it would be interesting if you do. Keep up the good work.

00loner likes this.
  17. Threadmarks: Daemon II
    IEatBabies423

"You seem upset father," Daemon was breaking his fast with Baelon and his son was once again showing how observant he was.

"That would be because I am upset, my son," Daemon responded, "The King has insulted us."

When Daemon had brought Baelon to King's Landing with him he had sworn to his son that he would be named Hand of the King. Now less than two years later, that had not only not happened but Daemon had been removed from both his post as the Master of Coin and Laws.

"I am Viserys' only brother, the last adult Targaryen still living besides him," Daemon raged, "And not only does he refuse to name me his Hand but he removes me from what little position he could be bothered to give."

"I'm sure you have misunderstood things, father," Baelon insisted.

"There is nothing to misunderstand. The Watch is a corrupt group of underpaid and under equipped criminals. The people of the city hate them, they are more than happy to let a rapist go unpunished for a few copper stars."

"Then change them," Baelon interrupted, "His Grace has left you your seat on the Small Council has he not? That proves he still values you."

"And yet he still won't make me his Hand," Daemon groused.

"Ser Otto has served well and the Hightowers are an important family in the Reach," Daemon scowled at the mention of the man, "But do not think of what you haven't been given, think of what you have. What strength did you truly have as the Master of Coin or Laws?"

"Little," Daemon admitted.

"And now Viserys has given you an army 3,000 strong inside of the capital," His son said, "An army which, as its Commander, you are expected to arm as you see fit as well as place those who you trust in charge of. He has made you the strongest man in the Capital."

Daemon considered his son's words for a moment before a small smile spread across his face and he laughed and stood, "Along with being a great swordsman you give such sage wisdom, my son," He said ruffling his hair, "You will make a great… ruler some day."

Daemon didn't think it was possible for him to be more proud of his son. Already it was said he had the makings of a great warrior and he had been brave enough to claim the largest dragon in the world at four.

He surrounded himself with knights fiercely loyal to him and made friends with anyone he spoke to. The people of the keep whispered that he was a genius not seen since Jaehaerys.

"I'm sure you would have realized it yourself, father," Baelon said, wrapping him in a hug, "You just couldn't look past your anger in the moment," Daemon's smile threatened to split his face as he lifted his son up before pressing a kiss to his brow. At least one of his children didn't resent him.

Alyssa still refused to write and only responded to Baelon's letters. When Daemon had separated the two it had not been out of any malice as his daughter seemed to think. Viserys often spoke of how lonely Rhaenyra seemed in the Red Keep and he had known that Baelon and her shared letters, though it was more them telling servants what to write than writing themselves.

So, Daemon had decided to bring Baelon but, he didn't want to leave Rhea with neither of their children and knew that Alyssa had made good friends with Jeyne so had left her.

He had perhaps underestimated just how attached the twins were, or rather just how attached Alyssa was. Perhaps it was a sister thing, Daemon knew his mother had been the same with his father but he himself had never been that close to Viserys.

Sure he had played with his brother when they were young and hung around him as they got older but when they were separated neither cried or threw fits. Alyssa however, was a terror. She had threatened to set her clothes along with other things on fire and it was only thanks to Baelon talking with her and swearing to visit that she had calmed down at all. Though, she still hadn't stopped pouting when they left.

Of course once they had reached the capital Aemma had put forth the idea that Baelon and Rhaenyra might be betrothed and in an effort to keep the two close, and perhaps keep Baelon and Alyssa from getting any closer, he had forbidden Baelon from flying to Runestone and only allowed him to go riding with Rhaenyra.

He knew Alyssa would be less than happy when she found out but she was a child, she'd get over it. Though from what he'd heard from Rhea she had made good on her promise of setting fire to anything she could get her hands on. The twins' name day would be arriving in two moons, so maybe then Daemon could take Baelon back to visit.

_

"I have plans for the City Watch," Daemon announced as he entered the Small Council meeting late and it seemed he had interrupted something Otto was trying to say, the thought made him smile.

"And what would those plans be, my Prince?" Lyonel Strong was a big and balding man who was Daemon's replacement as Master of Laws. When Daemon had first met the man he had expected him to be brash but instead he found that Lyonel stayed quiet for the most part and thought for a long time before he spoke.

"My men currently number 2,800. I will arm each of them with a spear, dirk, and cudgel along with a shirt of mail, helm, and cloak dyed gold to identify them as members," Daemon took his seat and kicked his feet up onto the table, "And for my officers I will need 28 horses, swords, and full plate sets."

The Council seemed stunned for a moment before Otto, a tall and ambitious man with greying brown hair, scoffed, "And what would you need all that for, my Prince," He added Daemon's title almost as an afterthought.

"Did I not say so when I came in?" Daemon asked without wanting an answer, "I'm the Lord Commander of the City Watch, it's my job to outfit them."

"Quite a costly job, Lord Commander," A small smirk crossed Otto's face as he seemed to realize he no longer had to call Daemon Prince.

"The people of King's Landing have no respect for the Watch," Daemon responded, "They think of them as a corrupt group who they can pay off. Mostly because they are corrupt and they dress like it too."

"The Prince speaks the truth, Your Grace," Lyonel admitted.

"Even so, to outfit these men will be extremely costly, my King," Otto leaned back in his seat and folded his hands over his stomach before sighing and shaking his head, "Unfortunately I don't think it can be done."

"The treasury is full and overflowing, brother," Daemon leaned forward and laid his hands on the table, "There hasn't been war in years, now is the time to invest in the city. Criminals have had their run of the city since Jaehaerys grew weak. If you do what I ask, brother, then I swear the criminals of King's Landing will feel fear like they haven't since our father was Hand of the King."

Viserys' eyes softened at his little brother, "Then let this be the first major change I have enacted in my reign. Your men will have their equipment, Daemon," He proclaimed.

"Thank you, brother," Daemon leaned back with a smirk on his face while Otto looked as though he had swallowed something sour.

"Well, back onto what we were discussing moments ago, Your Grace," Lyonel began, "The Crabfeeder has grown ever more bold from his place in the Stepstones. He demands outrageous tolls from our ships and if they cannot be paid he takes those on them as slaves or whores to be used in the Triarchy. Lord Corlys has written in an attempt to make peace between your houses and proposes to invade the Stepstones and drive the men out."

Daemon didn't pay attention to Viserys response as he let his brain stray to plans of what to do with his new army.

-

"Why must I always be the wife?" Daemon's eyebrow raised as he heard his son speak from within his chambers.

"Because I am my father's heir," Rhaenyra proclaimed, "I'm going to rule the Seven Kingdoms."

"You'd rule them as a Queen," Baelon said, "Not as a King."

"Yes but Visenya did not rule and neither did Alysanne," Daemon couldn't help but chuckle at the young Princess' logic, "Now be quiet so we can get back to the game, Bael."

"I don't see how this can be considered a game," Baelon said, "All we have done is get married and have our knights threaten each other."

"We are playing Jaehaerys and Alysanne!" Rhaenyra stomped her foot, "We have to start with the start of their reign and go on."

"Why don't we just play Aegon and Rhaena again?"

"That wasn't even a game, you just wanted to go flying!" Protested Rhaenyra, "And it wasn't even accurate, we should have flown on Dreamfyre not Vhagar."

"Well I'm sorry," Baelon said, not sounding very sorry at all, "But I thought since I had been the girl every other time I would be the girl then as well."

"Aegon was never King," Rhaenyra said as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Baelon rolled his eyes, "I think you just want to be the one in charge," He said disdainfully but Rhaenyra immediately brightened.

"Exactly!"

"I see you two are having fun," Daemon interrupted the children.

"Yes!" Rhaenyra responded immediately, "Bael is really fun! Even if he doesn't always play the games correctly. He's been teaching me how to use a sword!" Daemon raised an eyebrow and from the way she immediately turned to Baelon with an apologetic expression that was meant to be a secret.

"She started forcing me after finding out Alys learns too," Baelon defended himself.

Rhaenyra's expression turned hopeful, "I hope my brother will be like him, everyone says mother will give birth soon."

Daemon gave Rhaenyra a sad smile, she probably didn't remember Aemma's other pregnancies or had even heard of them, "Not so soon yet, she still has a moon left. And what's this about a brother, so sure you won't have a sister?"
    Rhaenyra made a face, "Boys are better than girls," She insisted, "Bael is much better than Alyssa after all."

"Hey," Baelon interrupted her, offended on his twin's behalf.

"Sorry," Rhaenyra apologized through her grin, "But father says that it will be a boy."

"I'm sure he does, but it's impossible to predict these things," Daemon said, "Though I haven't come to speak of Aemma's pregnancy. Tonight is the night my Goldcloacks clean out the city," Daemon had spent the last two fortnights retraining his men and finding which among them were deserving of being made officers.

He had barracks built at every gate and beyond that had worked with the Master of Whispers to find who in the capital was a criminal.

The way Daemon had organized his Watch was simple. For every 100 men there was an officer and for every gate there was a captain who himself had command of 100 men and overall command of three other groups. The city was split between seven sections falling under the Captains of the Gates and tonight the 2,800 men of the watch would descend upon their sections and dispense the King's Justice to the criminals found there.

Daemon was sure that by the morning the crime in the capital would have fallen to almost nothing.

"Well good luck then, father," Baelon said, wrapping his arms around Daemon's waist.

"I do not need it Baelon but thank you," He said while patting his son's head, "After tonight give me one more fortnight to finish everything here and we will go visit your sister and mother."

"I would like that," Baelon said with a large smile.

"As would I," Daemon admitted.
    _

Around Daemon there was much drinking and laughter from the men of his Watch. They were in one of Willam or Steffon or Cole's taverns, he wasn't sure which.

When Daemon's Goldcloacks had gone through the city many taverns and brothels along with other businesses had been left ownerless for a time due to their owner's criminal acts. Daemon wasn't sure which of his son's knights had come up with the idea to buy up the businesses but all of them had caught on eventually. Now much of the land in King's Landing was held by them.

He never had managed to visit Alyssa. He had gotten held up in the capital planning for the tourney celebrating the birth of Viserys’ latest son, but he still allowed Baelon to go and his son hadn't gotten back yet.

Perhaps that was for the best with what had happened. Though Rhaenyra could have used his comfort, he was sure.

Aegon, the boy that Aemma had given birth to, died not a day after being born and the child took the Queen with him.

Daemon couldn't imagine it, there was no love between him and Rhea but, the thought of holding his son in his arms only for him to be dead within hours was a terrifying one.

He felt bad for his brother, he truly did, but at the same time the death of this Aegon, this child who Daemon had not known, left him and his children in a better position.

I would trade a thousand Aegons for my son to have a slightly better life, the thought rose to Daemon's mind and he didn't try to stop it.

Next to him sat Mysaria, his favorite 'companion', she was as beautiful as any woman in the world could be, tall and skinny with perfect silver hair and purple eyes. Daemon found himself wondering, not for the first time, why his grandmother had married him to Rhea when at every other turn she was focused on purity and tradition. Though with what he had gotten from the match he didn't think to complain too much.

All around him sat the officers of his watch along with a few of the rank and file soldiers and the tavern seemed as though a Prince had just been born. The room ignored the fact that the same Prince had just died as well.

These were the people he was closest to in the capital. Not his brother who refused to name him Hand and dishonored him at every turn and certainly not the Lords who laughed behind his back and called him Lord Fleabottom.

Daemon downed his drink, he had long since stopped counting what number he was on, and stood on shaky legs to get another wondering what his own children were doing at that moment. But as he did the people surrounding him, his Captains, turned to look.

Someone placed a drink in his hand and he was speaking before he considered the words that would come out, "I am sorry to interrupt the merriment you all are engaging in but, there is something I need to say."

Shouting broke out from his Captains as they quieted the rest of his men and in a moment all eyes were on him, he took a breath and opened his mouth.

AN

This didn't come out too late but I think I just need to accept that I'm never going to be able to post on time. I have no intention of quitting this story though, I just can't be bothered to write or can't find the words until right when the chapter is about to come out and then the words just flow.

The urge to start a new story has been growing in me but if I did that then both would be on 1 update a week because let's be honest we all know I'm not dropping 4 a week anytime soon.

But I just have all these ideas I want to do. Maybe one day when this one gets to a good stopping point I'll start working on My Life As An SI In King Daeron's Court but that's far in the future like 80k words in, which with my pace would take like 4 months.

That's kinda crazy to think about, by the time I'd get around to a new one all the good ideas would be gone, though it's not like a Bronze Prince story never was done before I posted it. I'm ranting but give me a break it's really late(early?) for me.

If I knew how to make a poll I'd definitely do that but since I don't I'll just have to ask the question. Does Daemon get dad of the year?

He does love his children and doesn't go out of his way to hurt them but he's also pretty out of touch, expected for this time if we're being honest.

On another note I wonder what Daemon was going to say at the end there? Probably something super cool since he's such a cool guy.

Maybe we'll find out next chapter, also it was really smart of those knights to buy up that land, wonder where they got the money though? Eh it's probably nothing.

Please point out any mistakes.

I'm writing a few more words here because I want this chapter to be 3k words(does it still count as 3k words when like 300 of them are authors' notes?). Fight me if you don't like it.

I'm an NBA fan which you all probably didn't know because why would you and I like the Hawks and Clippers because they have my favorite players but my hometown team is the Pacers. It's pretty much the only sport I follow.

I play Smite which is a MOBA that not many people play even though it's really fun and my favorite color is purple.

And there's 3k words. So see you Monday(probably Tuesday let's be honest).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  18. Aenar Sov

Aenar Sov Know what you're doing yet?

Lmao, daemon does get Dad of the Year

19. Kolekzionera

He's about to say something very smart, drunk people always do.

I'm impressed Baelon's able to put up with Rhaenyra so well, I'd have likely lost the patience for it within a week.

1212321, D'waawwu, 00loner and 21 others like this.
  20. e3we

e3we Know what you're doing yet?

Daemon is totally going to say something wholesome and uplifting not in any shape of form related to his departed nephew

1212321, D'waawwu, 00loner and 11 others like this.
  21. LandWhale172

LandWhale172 I trust you know where the happy button is?

nothing stopping you from writing down all those wonderful ideas and revising them in advance, not that I’ve ever done such a thing myself, riding on the edge of my seat by the seat of my pants is the only life I know XD

22. Unfortunate_Soul

Unfortunate_Soul Versed in the lewd.

• Rule 7 warning yet again. Next time, you will be muted for a week.
    Baelon should get Larys Strong as one of his supporters. The man might be cunning and overly ambitious but he was also very capable. Having him as a spymaster would be good for Baelon.

23. Threadmarks: Alyssa II
    IEatBabies423

Let me know if I messed anything up okay? It's been awhile. Love you all! Please enjoy!

_

For much of the past year Alyssa had little to be happy about. After all, her brother had been stolen away from her.

That wasn't supposed to happen. Brothers and sisters are supposed to always be together. Especially twins, and everyone said that Baelon and Alyssa would never be separated for long.

Mother had attempted to explain to Alyssa why Baelon had to remain in King's Landing but Alyssa hadn't wanted to listen. She may have gone a bit crazy when she learned that Baelon wasn't allowed to visit but that was a perfectly reasonable reaction to having her brother stolen if Alyssa might say so herself.

Mother certainly hadn't agreed. When Alyssa had set some of her nicer dresses on fire Mother had responded by locking Alyssa in a room without any torches or candles for her to make use of. She had tried to write Baelon and ask him to come save her but Mother had refused to send the letters.

Eventually Alyssa had been let out of her little prison and she'd admit that maybe she had overreacted a tad. Still, Baelon was hers, it was completely unfair that Rhaenyra got to have him for nearly a whole year and all Alyssa could get was a couple letters. She's a Princess too isn't she?

But none of that mattered now because Baelon was coming home.

Two weeks ago Alyssa had received a letter from her twin saying that he would be home for their name day and she couldn't remember the last time she was so happy.

Alyssa wondered how Baelon would look after so long apart. Would he be big and strong like Father? Probably not. Without Alyssa there to drag him outside how was he ever to get any exercise? No doubt Baelon had spent his days in the Red Keep reading books and crying for being separated from his sister. Alyssa wouldn't judge him too much for that, without Baelon around she had hardly anybody to talk to and she had cried just as much as he doubtlessly had.

So Alyssa would make sure he was completely comfortable when he arrived. She ordered the servants to move his old things into her room as Baelon would of course wish to spend as much time as possible with her.

For a moment Alyssa felt another spark of rage at the thought of how long her and Baelon were apart. But it didn't matter, Father had always said that once Alyssa was seven or eight name days old she'd get a dragon of her own and in three weeks she'd turn eight.

She had thought that with her brother having a dragon it would be enough for the two of them to never be split up but clearly Baelon wasn't strong enough to leverage Vhagar into getting the things that mattered most. No matter.

Once she and Baelon both had dragons of their own they'd never be separated again. She'd make sure of it.

_

A roar woke Alyssa from her sleep. It wasn't a high pitched screech like Father's Caraxes but a low and resounding rumble that seemed to shake the very foundations of Runestone. Of course being awoken in such a way did little to scare Alyssa, a sound like this one could only mean one thing. Baelon had returned.

The moon was still high in the sky but there were no candles to light up Alyssa's room due to her mother's reluctance to let her around any kind of flame so when she went to rush out of her bed she found herself tripping over her sheets and onto the cold stone floor. She let out a sharp gasp of pain but still she was undeterred.

Her brother was home and she was determined to be the first to greet him. So she quickly slipped a more substantial dress over her nightgown and rushed out of her room, stumbling a bit from the burning of her scraped knees.

Her usual guards weren't there, no doubt they had raced to receive Baelon with a greeting fit for a Prince like him. Alyssa found herself giggling at the thought. Her brother being treated as though he were a dashing Prince returning from war was a funny idea to her. After all he most likely spent all his days cooped up in the Red Keep doing nothing but reading! It was truly a shame that she wasn't there at Bael's side while he was in King's Landing, Alyssa thought. She would've gotten him up and out of his room and helped him make friends and gone riding with him. She was always the only one who could do those things, it was a perk of being a twin, she thought.

But now what must Baelon be like? No doubt he had turned even more timid and bookish than before without Alyssa's careful guidance. But it didn't matter. Bookish or not Bael was her brother, she'd get him out of his shell in no time and he'd never fall back into it once she was at his side again, just as twins are meant to be.

So Alyssa rushed through the dimly lit halls and out into the courtyard where her brother would no doubt be waiting for her. There'd be a crowd gathered around to see Baelon's return but he'd be too nervous to step from Vhagar's back and meet with the crowd. Alyssa imagined herself being there for him, helping him out of his saddle and introducing him as her twin and the Prince of the Seven Kingdoms to the awestruck crowd. It was a nice thought.

The first thing Alyssa noticed when she entered the courtyard and felt the pleasant chill of the summer night, perhaps unsurprisingly, was Vhagar. The she-dragon was just as massive and beautiful as Alyssa remembered it. Her brother's mount looked more dark green than bronze this time of night but that fact did little to detract from her beauty in Alyssa's eyes. Upon recognizing the dragon as Vhagar, for what other dragon could it be? Alyssa felt a surge of delight. This was real, her brother was really back.

There was a small crowd gathered a safe distance away from Vhagar, and while Alyssa was a bit put out she didn't have the chance to help her brother off his dragon she was more focused on actually managing to see Baelon. She attempted to push her way through the crowd and the people cleared the way for her as they recognized her as the Princess. And then suddenly, after a path had been made big enough for her to slip through she was standing in front of her brother.

He looked like she remembered him, perhaps just a bit older. He still had the same pale lavender eyes and long smooth silver-gold hair pulled back out of his face by a black and red silk strand.

Though his clothes were where the differences started. He wore an expensive looking set of riding leathers with a red dragon emblazoned on the front and he was covered in extravagant looking silver jewelry decorated in rubies. Alyssa suddenly found herself stuck fiddling with her gown and wishing she had brushed her hair or cleaned herself off after falling on the floor at least before coming to see her brother. Her scraped knees burned against her rough gown and she was mortified to think that perhaps Baelon might see her bleeding through it when he was dressed so well.

She just missed whatever Baelon had been saying but it must have been funny because the crowd erupted into laughs. His smile was fixed in place, Alyssa supposed it might have been charming but it didn't reach his eyes and he was hiding his teeth.

When Baelon saw her though his eyes seemed to sparkle with joy, and Alyssa felt herself flush as she took him in. He looks very beautiful, she thought, "Alys, it's good to see you," He said brightly and walked, perhaps a bit faster than a Prince should, towards her for a hug. Alyssa accepted it readily, she found that she was taller than him and a mischievous smile slid onto her face. She'd be teasing him over that later, when there were less prying eyes.

She opened her mouth to speak to him but for some reason her smile was gone and all she felt was a lump in her throat. Despite Baelon still being dressed in his riding leathers and the fact it wasn't proper she pressed herself further against him and dug her face into his neck, her shaky hands grasped his back as though he'd try to run and her breath came out in short sharp bursts. He was wearing some kind of perfume, she could vaguely smell the flowers, but he mostly smelt like sweat and dragons. It was a nice scent, Alyssa thought.

He wrapped his arms around her back, holding her tight and running his fingers through her raven hair, trying to get out the knots as he did when they were younger while her mind was filled with memories of all the times they spent together.

Had those times only been a year ago? It had felt longer and in that moment Alyssa knew that she never wanted to be away from her brother again. They had come into the world together, it was only proper they walked it together as well. And if anyone tried to deny them that right then Fire and Blood would see them correcting their mistake. She wondered if Baelon could feel the way her heart was hammering against her chest or if he knew that the pain she felt had nothing to do with the scrapes on her knees.

She wanted to tell him those things, to say something witty or smart sounding but somehow all that came out was a choked sounding, "I missed you so much," She didn't know how long she stayed holding him like that but when she pulled away there were wet spots where her eyes had been and despite the fact Baelon's ruby rings made it hard for him to brush through her hair she felt more proud of the knots he had left than the times her hair was silky smooth from hours of brushing.

AN

So that was my shortest chapter since the first two, but still that felt like a good place to end it.

In case it wasn't clear this chapter is set before the events at the end of chapter 8 so currently Aemma is still pregnant.

Okay so this was meant to be another Daemon chapter, then it was a Steffon chapter, then a Baelon chapter, then a Rhaenyra chapter, and I only decided it was an Alyssa chapter like last week when I decided I wanted to take the story a bit slower and not just rush off into the next big incident.

At the end of the day this isn't purely a story about the Dance. I want to take it a bit slower from here on because I feel like I've been rushing it a bit. Though that was partly to let half of the principal characters grow up a bit. Anyway I think we'll spend a couple chapters in Runestone before going to Dragonstone or wherever else.

I can't lie, Alyssa's in a bit of a weird place right now. Some people correctly made the assumption when I introduced Alyssa and Baelon that the plan was for the two of them to claim Silverwing and Vermithor. It would make a lot of thematic sense and I thought it'd be cute so I decided to give Baelon a twin sister.

Obviously Baelon didn't end up claiming Vermithor and Alyssa didn't end up claiming Silverwing because Rhaenys and Baelon both decided they'd snatch up the good dragons early.

This has left Alyssa in a bit of a weird spot because there's no real story reason for her to be there. But she's there and I'm not just gonna write her out or something like that. The plan for her from here is to try and make her feel like a real character and not some kind of Mary Sue.

So let me know, what do you guys think of Alyssa and Rhaenyra so far in this story? Why did I ask about those two in particular? Probably a totally random reason.

Anyway it turns out being around babies is really calming for me. I know, me. Who'd have thought?

But seriously all the little guy has to do is smile and giggle at me and all my anxiety and stress is melted away. So if you want to thank anybody for this chapter, thank him.

I won't promise any specific days for new chapters going forward, I think we can all see I'm not very good at keeping those. But I will promise that I still have no plans of abandoning the story and I will not go silent for months like that again. I'll start interacting with the people reading my story a lot more going forward and I promise I won't go silent like that for months.

The way I see it I have an obligation to finish this story now that I've started it and disappearing like that was totally unacceptable. I'll do my best to be better in the future.

Also just because there's no longer a set update schedule doesn't mean to suddenly be afraid to continue pestering me about the next chapter. It honestly does help with my motivation a lot and my chapters are short, there's no reason it should take me weeks or months to write them.

As a side note I'm kinda interested in getting a beta writer or two. There won't be any pay but if you'd like to read my chapters as I write them(and inevitably change them dozens of times), have me bounce ideas off you, and get me to listen to your ideas for the story then hit me up.

Anyway this AN is practically as long as the chapter but there were a lot of things to talk about. If you made it this far then thank you for reading and I hope my story continues to retain your interest.

24. a guy1013

you are alive, and thank you for bringing back milk

1212321, Apogaeus, Kenneth and 8 others like this.
  25. LandWhale172

LandWhale172 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I like Alyssa, I think everyone enjoys a slightly unhinged waifu now and then, Yandere is a trope for a reason after all XD. But yeah, who can complain about having a cute little/big? sister.

1212321, DiscoRed, 00loner and 12 others like this.
  26. bokxd

bokxd Know what you're doing yet?

Question, you don't want Alyss to become mary sue but will your oc mc become gary stu?

00loner likes this.
  27. znavigator

znavigator Getting sticky.

I enjoyed this chapter, Alyssa read like her own character with a unique voice.

1212321 and IEatBabies423 like this.
  28. Aenar Sov

Aenar Sov Know what you're doing yet?

Alyssa >>>> Rhaenyra

29. IEatBabies423

I don't plan on it. One could argue that him getting Vhagar was proof of him being a Gary stu but he did it half expecting to die. He's not suddenly the greatest dragon rider of all time or the perfect swordsman or anything like that but he's a grown man in a kids body. I think it makes sense for him to get pretty good at things that actual children would struggle with.

He has the benefit of knowing how much being good with a sword and having strong connections will matter in the future so he's able to plan accordingly.

He's seen as a genius right now because hes a smart Prince and everyone is quick to sing his praises to get on his good side, but as he grows up and his precocious nature matters less he won't be as impressive.

That was a long way pf saying that no, Baelon won't be a Gary stu even if he does come off as one in certain moments.

DiscoRed, Zexios, Sevenhobos and 3 others like this.
  30. Johnny56

Johnny56 MILF slaying shota

team Alyssa

IEatBabies423 likes this.