• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.

My Second Life is a Quest!?

How does Sympathy Magic sound? Like voodoo dolls, you have to have another object very similar to the target in order to have an effect on it. I like how limited it is, the requirement to get hairs or blood from a person is hard, as is the necessity of preparing a scale model before being able to affect the terrain around you. It's much less open-ended than other forms of magic, and it's more clear what it can and can't do.
 
Vote Tally : My Second Life is a Quest!? [Posts: 3-29]
##### NetTally 5.2.0

Task: 【NONE】
— Voters: 18

[X] 14 yeast old
No. of Votes: 9
[X] zangetsu101
[X] Azazel
[X] gac
[X] ICantRember
[X] Ruleworld
[X] Samandriel sanctus
[X] Sky63689
[X] Vulcan92
[X] World Reader

[X] Concept Magic
No. of Votes: 6
[X] zangetsu101
[X] Azazel
[X] firefrost12123
[X] Samandriel sanctus
[X] Sky63689
[X] Vulcan92

[X] Game of Thrones
No. of Votes: 6
[X] zangetsu101
[X] Azazel
[X] krzys2000
[X] Samandriel sanctus
[X] Sky63689
[X] Vulcan92

[X] Code Magic
No. of Votes: 5
[X] sinofsloth:)
[X] Alian Weiss
[X] gac
[X] Ruleworld
[X] seadonkey07

[X] Fairy Tail - start of show, Magnolia Town
No. of Votes: 5
[X] sinofsloth:)
[X] burningclaw2
[X] gac
[X] KenNM
[X] Ruleworld

[X] 14 years old
No. of Votes: 3
[X] sinofsloth:)
[X] burningclaw2
[X] KenNM

[X] Cyberpunk 2077 - Start of Videogame, V's apartment
No. of Votes: 3
[X] firefrost12123
[X] Alian Weiss
[X] seadonkey07

[X] Symbol Magic
No. of Votes: 3
[X] krzys2000
[X] burningclaw2
[X] KenNM

[X] 15 years old
No. of Votes: 2
[X] Alian Weiss
[X] seadonkey07

[X] 18 Years Old
No. of Votes: 2
[X] SilverSlyr
[X] firefrost12123

[X] Dragon Age Inquisition- Just before the Inquistor sets out to the Hinterlands, in Iron Bulls camp set up
No. of Votes: 2
[X] SilverSlyr
[X] firefrost12123

[X] Game of Thrones - Before Robert's visit to Stark, King's Landing
No. of Votes: 2
[X] World Reader
[X] ICantRember

[X] Summoning Magic.
No. of Votes: 2
[X] ICantRember
[X] maggiemee

[X] 12 yeast old
No. of Votes: 1
[X] maggiemee

[X] 16 yeast old
No. of Votes: 1
[X] krzys2000

[X] Catalyst Magic- A mix of a fusion and collection type magic. Alex can take crystalized aspects and elements from defeated enemies, allowing him to fuse them to create new spells and abilities. (Rage from a Rage Demon+Strength from a Pride Demon= Strength of Emotion: The angrier you get the stronger your spells) With enough work you could possibly learn to fuse Aspects into items to empower them. Medium Audience influence, as we could be smart about what we get and give opinions on what Fusions should result in, but QM could also decide what it results in.
No. of Votes: 1
[X] SilverSlyr

[X] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
No. of Votes: 1
[X] maggiemee

[X] Summoning Magic. A mix between the fantasy of magic and the work of a public relations/hiring representative. Alex can call upon the aid of a wide range of magically summoned entities. Angels, djinn, demons, spirits, fae, androids, humanoid mortals, etc. However, Alex must outline the task or service he wishes for the entity to be able to provide, and the end result of his summon will be heavily influenced by what he chooses to offer/sacrifice/provide the summoning as payment. Chosen by us, the audience of course~ Once summoned, entities are loyal to their summoner, but that can look vastly different depending on their nature.
No. of Votes: 1
[X] World Reader



Total No. of Voters: 18

So, I'm going to Game of Thrones. I know... approximately nothing about it, beyond what I got from osmosis. This is going to be interesting. Going to have to use the wiki a lot. If anyone has any links or helps, it's appreciated.

How does Sympathy Magic sound? Like voodoo dolls, you have to have another object very similar to the target in order to have an effect on it. I like how limited it is, the requirement to get hairs or blood from a person is hard, as is the necessity of preparing a scale model before being able to affect the terrain around you. It's much less open-ended than other forms of magic, and it's more clear what it can and can't do.

It sounds good, but you need to put it in a vote. Also, voting is closed for that - for now - but you can keep it for the next time. Anyway, to writing...
 
More White. Snow White, to be precise. New
Place: White

I stared at the screen, studying the words in it. It wasn't what I expected, but it also wasn't something stupid or useless. In fact, if I understood things properly, it was... potentially really strong. With time. Which didn't mean that I would have that time, but, well... I could just hope. Still...

"Concepts. That's... an interesting kind of magic."

[You have been granted: Concept Magic.]
[Concept Magic: A magic that is based on the observation of the world around the user. By observing and extrapolating various aspects, your repertoire of magics grow. You can also mix the various concepts together, adding, or subtracting, them.]
[Sub-Magic: Enchanting (Locked), Alchemy (Locked)]
[Current Concepts Known: /]
​

No freebies, uh? Sort of expected. Also, there was no real mention of how I would acquire these concepts, just... observing. Observing what, though? Anything? Or specific things? I wasn't sure. "Any explanation?"

I had asked mostly for a hope of something happening, but I didn't really expect for something to happen. Yet, an explanation appeared.

[Observation of anything and everything around, with the intent of observing, will grant insight in how a concept work. With the word 'Concept', we are talking about anything and everything that exist and can be perceived in some way. A bird in flight could grant the concept of Fly, or Wings, or Movement, or Feather, or Bird.]​

"Well... at least I'm not going to run out of things to learn anytime soon." I muttered, reading the latest message. Then, finally, the White all around me started to change: it shivered and trembled, long colorless lines streaking around the place.

"What...?" I turned my head - and I had a head. And a body. And hair, and clothes, and... everything that a male body had. Feelings came a moment later, with pressure and heat and cold and... shivering. Pinpricks, like pin and needles. And more. Slamming against me, like a truck.

I fell. And then kept falling, as another screen appeared in front of me. With more words. More information. I was barely coherent enough to read them.

[World Destination: Westeros. Before Robert Baratheon's visit to Winterfell.]
[Appropriate Age: 14 years old.]
​

"What?!" I screeched, my voice reaching a pitch that was... not really masculine. "Come ON! Not there!"

Silence.

"At least it's not Brockton Bay... Or Warhammer..." I muttered to myself, before I saw the White change. It was now white. And black. And blue, red, gold, streaks of silver on blue, splashes of red and green and spring and summer, a circle around autumn and winter, before...

...I fainted.




Place: Somewhere cold. And snowy. (Wolfswood)
Time: Unknown (First day of 298 AC, barely after midnight)
Situation: Fucked


The first thing that I felt when I woke up was the cold. It was a dry and powdery sort of cold, but it made me shiver. Not too much, as I was still just arrived, and also dressed in heavy clothes. Furs, and wool, and... something like linen? I wasn't sure. But it was... appropriate to the setting. No boxers for me.

I admit that I shed a tear to that. Then, I got up - wobbling a bit, as I had just recovered a body, and also I was shorter than before - and patted myself. The pants were made of some sort of... cotton, I think. Or more wool. Maybe a mix? I didn't know. But I was pretty sure that they weren't really waterproof. So I patted the snow away. The boots were soft leather, sewn tight and didn't felt like I had to break them in.

Which was good, as getting a blister in this situation would suck. Still, they were far from the comfortable shoes that I had in the modern world, so...

"Ouch." I muttered, in pre-emptive pain, before looking around.

It was dark. But there was no wind, at least. The only light that I had was the moon, and even that was just a few patches behind the snow-heavy clouds, and the canopy of the evergreen trees that surrounded me.

There was an intense smell of pines. Along with something sharp that I could only categorize as the smell of 'coldness'.

"S-so..." I wans't shivering - yet - but it was only because of the heavy furs. And I knew that if I remained here, I would freeze to death before dawn came - assuming some other beast didn't grab me before. "Better start. While I walk. I guess. I hope. Fuck me."

Muttering to myself, I collected my hair and lifted up the hood of my jacket, covering most of my head. Only my face was uncovered, and I had a thick scarf to cover it.

"What was the rule? Waxing moon, back to the west, waning moon, back to the east?" Rubbing my gloved hands together, I tried to find a better spot to see the moon. As long as it wasn't full, I could have at least a better idea of the directions... Assuming that the moon in Westeros worked in the same way. But I was in the woods, in the dark, during a snowfall, without food or water, and with no idea where to go. The fact that I could see was already a miracle.

"If I can't find a way out, I'm going to have to dig under the snow and sleep there." Muttering to myself, I finally managed to see the moon in full, through a gap of the canopy. Full. Of course. The only reason why I didn't yell in frustration was because I didn't want to attract the attention of any beast that was around. Wolves, bears, boars... anything like that. Nope.

So, I just looked at the moon, looked around, and chose a random direction. I doubted that anyone was going to come and search for me, after all.

Direction vote: Which way I'm going? You can choose a specific city, or just a direction.
[] Write In




Without a watch, or a way to measure the movement of the moon, or... anything else, really, I didn't have a way to know how much time had passed. It didn't matter, I just walked forward. Slowly, trudging through the snow, using a random fallen branch as walking stick to help my movement.

It didn't help as much as I hoped, but it helped slightly. At least, it helped in not hitting a sudden rock underneath the snow. Better than nothing.

And, while I was walking, I tried the whole 'observation' thing that the screen in the White had told me. Considering the place and the situation, I focused on the snow.

I watched the way the snowflakes twirled in the air before landing. I felt how the snow compacted underneath my feet where I walked. How it formed a thin, glimmering crust where new flakes didn't reach. How it seemed to irradiate cold around itself, even if I knew that it wasn't how it worked. How it was soft. And yet sharp. How the smell of cold air was making my nose feel like it was going to bleed. It was multitudes in a single thing.

So, I walked, and observed.

How does Observation work: Once Alex has chosen a subject, the audience choose what he learns. As before, Write-Ins are welcome and encouraged. Some example of what Alex can learn from Snow: Cold, Soft, Snow, Light (Weight). Please keep the concept learned attinent to what Alex is observing.
For more complicated concepts, there may be a minimum of votes needed, or something. I haven't decided, yet. I'm open to suggestions. So...
What does Alex Learn, if anything?
[] Write In

And also, does something happens? Can be anything: pack of wolves, boars, men finding him, stumbling into the Heartwood... Your choice guys. Just remembed that Alex is me with a better body, but with basically zero ability to defend himself. If you put him against a pack of wolves, this quest is going to end very quickly.
[] Write In
 
Ohhhhh, Enchanting and Alchemy as sub magics are interesting. I can't wait to unlock those. As for my Votes...

[X] North
[X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll gelp warm you up?
[X] Anything Happen? Alex stumbles upon a dilapidated Hunters cabin. No way can he find food or anything, but maybe he can stay the night inside and scavenge some old clothes better suited for the cold?
 
Last edited:
[X] North
[X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll gelp warm you up?
[X] Anything Happen? Alex stumbles upon a dilapidated Hunters cabin. No way can he find food or anything, but maybe he can stay the night inside and scavenge some old clothes better suited for the cold?
 
Last edited:
[X] North
[X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll help warm you up?
[X] Anything Happen? Alex stumbles upon a dilapidated Hunters cabin. No way can he find food or anything, but maybe he can stay the night inside and scavenge some old clothes better suited for the cold?
 
[X] Winterfell
[X] Observe Snow. He could try and learning Cold and put Not before it...
[X] Observe Trees to get Structure to start making a temporary shelter
 
[X] North
[X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll help warm you up?
[X] Anything Happen? Alex stumbles upon a dilapidated Hunters cabin. No way can he find food or anything, but maybe he can stay the night inside and scavenge some old clothes better suited for the cold?
 
[X] North
[X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll gelp warm you up?
[X] Anything Happen? Alex stumbles upon a dilapidated Hunters cabin. No way can he find food or anything, but maybe he can stay the night inside and scavenge some old clothes better suited for the cold?
 
Adhoc vote count started by Yuki no Yue on Sep 30, 2026 at 6:37 PM, finished with 9 posts and 6 votes.

  • [X] North
    [X] Anything Happen? Alex stumbles upon a dilapidated Hunters cabin. No way can he find food or anything, but maybe he can stay the night inside and scavenge some old clothes better suited for the cold?
    [X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll gelp warm you up?
    [X] Observing Snow? Try to get the Concept of Cold from it, maybe it'll help warm you up?
    [X] Winterfell
    [X] Observe Snow. He could try and learning Cold and put Not before it...
    [X] Observe Trees to get Structure to start making a temporary shelter


This is a test to see if the tally program of the site works better than the one I used until now.

It... looks a little better. Anyway, voting is still open, at least for another four days or so.
 
Walking towards the Dawn New
Place: Somewhere cold. And snowy. (Wolfswood... somewhere)
Time: Unknown (First day of 298 AC, three hours after midnight, seven hours to dawn)
Situation: Starting to improve slowly


I kept trying to Observe the snow that was still falling down from the dark sky, trying to grasp whatever kind of 'Concept' it could have. The main problem was, of course, that I had no idea how it worked: I was going entirely blind. Barely a hope and a prayer - to... no one, really. Just... In general - while also trying to fall into a sort of meditative state. Not that I could, I had neveer been able to meditate in my entire life. Still... It was worth a shot. If nothing else, I could distract myself before ending as a frozen corpse in the snow.

Who knew, maybe I would stumble on some bandits, while shivering to death-

[Concept understood: Cold]​

And then... I understood.

It was so much more than I could have ever thought it would be. It was just too much, too sudden, too - ehe - cold for me to- And then I was fine. Better than fine. I could feel the interaction of the movement of heat in a single direction - away from a body - and how it stopped the molecular... even the atomic movement of matter and energy. The steady march of everything towards entropy, the loss of... movement, heat, life? I didn't have the words for something that I knew intimately, as much as I knew how to breathe or how to see or smell or taste.

It just was. And I knew how to...

My hand lifted upwards, up to my eye level, before I closed my fist. There was a rush of energy - Magic - from the center of my body. Something lower than my heart, but higher than my stomach, something around my sternum, or behind my lungs, but deeper as well. It wasn't coming from my navel, nor from my head. And not from just one point, either. It was more that it came from my entire body, collected in that unspecified point inside my body, and then moved to my hand when I called upon it.

A moment later, I stopped getting colder. Somehow.

I knew how it was working, to... a certain level. I was using my mana - well, whatever energy magic used to happen. Lacking a better word for it, I was using mana - to stop the heat from escaping my body. Or, in other words, I was stopping myself from getting colder. Which is not something I thought I could do. But, apparently, I could.

It was awesome. And strange. But mostly awesome. Then...

"Am I going to cook myself from the inside out?" Blinking, I looked down at myself. If the heat couldn't escape my body, but it kept building... In theory, I would end up slow cooked. Like a steamed piece of chicken.

Shivering in fear, and shaking my head to dispel the images that had come into my head, I returned to my walk. I had no idea where I was going, or if I was even going somewhere, but, well... Remaining still in the middle of a forest at night didn't sound like the best idea, when you knew that no one was coming to search for you.




Place: Somewhere cold. And snowy. (Wolfswood... somewhere)
Time: Unknown (First day of 298 AC, four hours after midnight, six hours to dawn)
Situation: Tired


I was tired. Which, hey, it made sense: I had been walking in tall snow for the last... I don't know how long. The only thing I knew was that the snow was high enough that I could have been skiing on it, if I had a pair of skies.

My attempts to add more 'Cold' to the snow to freeze it and make a sort of... sled, or something like that, didn't work. Somehow it either came out too slippery, exploded into shards - which, beyond being pretty, were also pretty sharp - or, in one occasion, made a sapling explode as I brought the internal temperature of the tree low enough that the sap froze and expanded all at the same time.

That... made me think of doing the same thing to a human body, and I decided that I didn't want to think about it anymore. After that, the experimentation had been shelved and I kept walking. In the dark. And the snow. But I wasn't cold.

Also, for some reason, but I chalked it to 'Required Secondary Powers', I didn't cook myself by stopping the heat from escaping my body. Either that, or I hadn't produced enough heat to cook myself alive, but was working towards it.

For the sake of my mental health, I chose to call it the first option and shelve the whole thing.

...

It was really boring, walking in the forest at night. Sure, at first there was the mortal terror, the fact that I was sure, in the way someone walking in complete darkness in an unfamiliar place, that someone or something would pounce on me and savagely rip me to shred, or the panic of getting lost and dying of thirst and starvation in the middle of a forest... And I was starting to work myself up to a panic attack, so better focus on what I was thinking before.

It was boring. After a while, the human mind can't keep pumping the panic-chemicals and adrenaline and stress chemicals and whatnot: it has a finite supply. So, I went into a sort of... half-bored, half-stressed lull, where I kept walking, hoping to find something. Someone. Somewhere.

Anything, really. I don't deal well with boredom.

Fortunately, just as I was startingo to consider how I could use semi-controlled Cold application to section one of these enormous trees - or more than one - to build a half-working shelter, I stumbled onto a clearing in the middle of the creepy, dark woods.

It was almost something out of a movie: the trees opened into a clearing that didn't have any trees, but a dilapidated... Hut? Cabin? I'm gonna call it a 'hut', less horror movie vibes than 'cabin'. It was made of wooden logs, that looked between 'frozen' and 'well kept'. However, it had a hole in the roof, where it had collapsed due to the snow accumulating over it, and no windows. Well, no, it had windows, but it didn't have any glass. Instead, there was some sort of wooden slats, similar to a shutter - covering the openings. The door... was there. Sort of. It was there, but it was half open, for some reason.

All in all, it looked like the classic abandoned hut. If it was an erborist's hut, an hunter's hut, or the refuge for some smugglers, I had no idea. Still, it was a shelter. Even if it was in bad condition, it was still a shelter. It was more than what I had before a moment ago.

The insides were dark, as the only light came from the hole in the roof and what little reflected light the snow gave through the windows, and covered in dust. No cobwebs or bugs: with the cold that was in here, they were all probably underground or... wherever they made their nest. Beyond that, I could see a crude square chest - no metal fittings or locks, which was... an interesting detail - secured with a frozen leather cord, a couple of chairs, and the frame of a bed. And a firepit in the center of the building.

It was cold. In more than one sense. It was cold like a dead things is cold: empty, devoid of movement and purpose and life. My first steps left tracks in the frozen layer of snow and dust inside the hut, two perfect shapes, before the floor turned clean enough that my imprints couldn't be seen anymore, beyond a vague outline in the dust.

Testing the wooden slat that probably had held a mattress, I found it built sturdy and still solid, so I sat down and breathed for a moment. Just... a minute.



Getting back up after sitting down had been particularly hard: my legs felt like they were made of lead. Still, I managed: there was a chest to check. I didn't think that there would be anything useful inside, but who knew: maybe I could get lucky.

...I wonder if there was a way to get the concept of 'Luck'...

...

Probably not. I felt like it was something too complicated and too high level for me, right now. Still... Need to keep it in mind. Just in case.

The chest had... nothing useful. A few pieces of leather, rotting cloth that was once a cloack, some firewood - not much, just a couple of logs and a few branches - underneath, and... that was it. Nothing more. No treasure, no secret compartment, nothing. And yes, I checked. Just in case.

My eyes slid towards the firepit for a moment. Should I try to light a fire? If I managed, I could get the 'Fire' concept, or... something like that. The main problem was... I had no way to light a fire. Or...

I looked down at the smaller branches. There was one way, maybe. Maybe. If rubbing branches together to create enough friction to make a fire worked...

"Nah." Shaking my head, I checked the chest one last time, moving the leather and cloth on the bedframe. Maybe there was something hidden under the wood: a piece of flint, a knife, something...?



Nothing.

"Not my lucky day, uh?" I hummed to myself, before trying to adjust the improvised bedding materials to offer at least a little bit of softness. Not that it worked, but, well... worth a shot.

Lying on the old bedframe, only rotten cloth and leather as a mattress, I looked towards the logs that formed the roof. There was a chance that they were weakened - structurally speaking, for all that I knew about it - and they would fall and crush me. With a bit of luck, it would be a quick death.

Still... I observed the 'Darkness'. As much as it's possible to observe something like that. I tried. And kept trying.

Until I fell asleep.

My first night in Westeros had passed, and I was still alive. For now.

Voting options:
Alex is currently observing 'Darkness'. Does he learn any concept?
[] Yes
-[] Write in what concept he learns
[] No

Does anything happens in the morning?
[] Yes
-[] What? Remember, you are not choosing Alex's actions, only what is happening to him.
[] No

What's the closest town/city to him?
[] Write In

Sorry for not giving a whole week, but I got excited. Hope you liked the update.
 
[X] Concept Learned: Yes
-[X] Deception
[X] Anything Happen: Yes: A person comes across the cabin.
 
[X] Yes
-[X] Lacking (darkness is Lacking light)

[X] Anything Happen: Yes: A bandit comes across the cabin.
 
[X] Yes
-[X] Shadow (I liked Worlds better)

[X] Anything Happen: Yes: Alex is woken up by being poked with the cold nose of a hunting dog. If there's a dog around, where's the hunter?
 
Last edited:
[X] Yes
-[X] Shadow

[X] Anything Happen: Yes: Alex is woken up by being poked with the cold nose of a hunting dog. If there's a dog around, where's the hunter?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top