1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing Can Stop Taylor Hebert [Worm/Ducktales 2017]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by ellf, Sep 20, 2020.

1. ellf

ellf Not too sore, are you?

Give it time, and have a little patience. You have given me a bit to think about re: Annette's life changes, but let's just say that there's a reason that Annette stopped running with Lustrum and that's part of why she was with Danny.

Note, the only reason this does not make her older than Donald is because Donald too has spent time in a time dilated area.

Edit: Another thing that I thought of. Taylor is a big reason for the Danny/Annette staying together. Not just her birth, but the method of her birth. With the triplets, Della laid eggs. With Taylor, Annette gave live birth to a daughter. And maybe she vowed to be a better mother to her newborn daughter than she was able to be for the boys.

2. Damian45

Damian45 Know what you're doing yet?

If nothing else, I'm glad I got you to consider my points. I'm trying to write a story myself, but I have all these problems that are a result of a lack of practice in writing...anything, really. I'm probably not going to share it for months, if ever, it's not at even bare minimum quality yet. I really have to work on filling in the background narration, and cut down on spoken narration. Beginner's mistakes.

But little things like the immersion breakers I keep talking about are constantly on my mind as I try to write. I have to constantly consider how what my character is going to do is going to affect the world around them, and if that isn't factored in, the world seems less real. And characters have to act withing the limits of who they are, otherwise you break immersion.

Thus, my concerns about the Della is Annette thing. I've read some of your other work, and you are leagues better than me as a writer, so I think you can make it fit.

But one last thing before I drop this: Why would Della even be running with Lustrum at all? Original Worm canon Annette, yes thats part of her past. But why would Della ever join something like that? Because that doesn't fit her character to join political groups, she's more of the type to completely avoid that stuff, because she's constantly on adventures. It's like a jigsaw puzzle that has a piece thats been forced to fit.

Anyway, I've shared my concerns. The rest of the story is good, if a little lacking in...energy, thats it. The story lacks energy it probably should have, on account of it being based in Ducktales. Maybe thats because it's from Taylor's perspective? She's a bit too analytical for her frankly absurd situation. Although, thats probably a side effect of her dry narration from the original Worm serial, as well as just coming out of the war with the JLU Amazo ripoff that is Scion. I've probably been spoiled by fanfiction that gives her more emotion to express, as well as sarcasm and biting wit.

3. LordMentat

LordMentat I Push Button

A most interesting fic. Hope this continues.

4. ellf

ellf Not too sore, are you?

The energy thing is something that will ramp up over time. Taylor hasn't fully integrated into the world yet, and she's dealing with well, newly being able to understand language again. The energy will ramp up as some of her Duck DNA comes into play.

I will say that some of it will come from her siblings... who are technically younger than her... and some will come from people who have an interest in her, both on the good side and the bad. FOWL has plans, of course.

Additionally, if you think that Della, now knowing that her daughter is able to be brought here, will want to let her husband remain on Earth Bet (or wherever he is), that's another plot point.

5. ShiftingSandLand

ShiftingSandLand I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hmmm...

I can't help but wonder how Taylor's color-coded siblings are going to react to their new big(little?) sister...

And, for that matter, how TAYLOR will react to her color-coded little (big?) brothers...

Casuality of Time is freaking weird. Technically the Ducktale Brothers were born first, BEFORE Taylor. But she's...what, 6-10 years older than them?

Also, they're ducks so THAT'S a mindfuck and a half.

Catter likes this.
  6. Drakonpie250

Drakonpie250 I trust you know where the happy button is?

When did Della start off her life as Annette? Because she died when Taylor was 12 or 13 but only met Danny when she was older than 18, as she was in college and switched her degree to English and later became a Professor of English at a college. So I'm not certain of how old she was when she got there with these facts.

7. Brt23

Brt23 Making the rounds.

Watched, I’m curious to see how this plays out. It’ll be interesting to say the least considering this Taylor’s “adventures” are certainly very different from what her “mom” and her new family consider them to be.

But i do have to ask how long can Taylor keep a straight face, yah she’s now also a duck, but the puns and the much more lax atmosphere have to eventually make her crack up at the silliness. Of course maybe Taylor should first sit down and explain in clear detail she’s been all over the hero-villain spectrum in terms of action and how she was involved in a multi-dimensional genocidal war and killed a god like alien.

Pidgie9 likes this.
  8. Kitty S. Lillian

Kitty S. Lillian Transhuman

This popping up today made me briefly hope for a cross with Nothing can Stop Mr. Domino.

9. mayorGoliat

mayorGoliat Nothing to Say

Huh, got told about this over on a discord, surprised, I wonder where you'll go with this, the duck thing sort of threw me for a moment but hey it's ducktales, this could happen.

Also Taylor is a very stubborn and intense young woman who just got back from stopping the apocalypse, she's gonna need some serious decompression time, and get used to the whole duck thing before being unleashed on the world in general, the girl is a villain/hero stopping machine and Scrooge has a lot of enemies.

I could see her standing in front of a pile of defeated villains, problem is she's rather brutal too, but she's also kind of overtrained, perhaps even to Beakley's standards.

10. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

Ha! Because Tennant voices the 10th Doctor and Scrooge.

It's weird Della turning into a human gave her a leg but Taylor turning into a Duck didnt give her an arm.

Really looking forward to more of this.

Mark-aren, armorfiend and DarwenGwein like this.