1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Penny's Curious Adventures(RWBY/MtG)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by OverReactionGuy, Apr 15, 2016.

1. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

the MtG main story line? :p

2. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

-blinks-

The main story is really like that? Is it because of that oil thing?

3. GorgonEyed

GorgonEyed Five-Star Horror Ham

In order, yes and no. Phyrexia's been relatively quiet of late, so the oil hasn't really been an issue. Right now it's all about the Eldrazi being let out, and the stupid feud between Sorin and Nahiri.

d.fish and OverReactionGuy like this.
  4. Aaron_Stone

Aaron_Stone Know what you're doing yet?

Most experience is in the card game not the lore so be aware of that but I've never seen a healing effect that excluded artifact creatures and there's no argument that Penny is a creature of some type. If any heals were going to exclude Penny based on fluff it would probably be Green since those are the ones which focus more on natural growth type healing.

A lot of the white healing stuff seems to tend more toward "by the grace of the light be made whole" and that has no reason to exclude Penny specifically. I know Blue deals with artifacts more than the others but how many actual artifact reparations does it do? Aren't they mostly recycle and remake type cards?

Also there is a character basis for all three colors for Penny. Blue is where she came from and what created her, she was formed from science and numbers and still approaches things from a vaguely systematic viewpoint. White is the overarching purpose: she was made to save the world, acts for the good of humanity and is to be the agent of her society against their communal enemy. Red is what she wants: not necessarily freedom so much as expression and emotional connection to others.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  5. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

The last story line was about the eldrazi, things that live in the eternities. You know, elder gods.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  6. OverReactionGuy

huh, don't know if I would add them to the quest or not. The Cloud of Darkness kinda already fills that role going by it's lore.

7. OverReactionGuy

Vote tally

action:

Saw one of the most colorful girls you've seen rolling around on Rollerblades: 6
    See a girl staring at a watch intently and tapping her foot as she seemed to be waiting for someone, or something:3
    Accidentally got lost due to your sense of wonder:2
    Made it to the auditorium promptly with no distractions:2

color:

Blue:3
    red: 3
    White:6

Here is what the current vote tally looks like. I'll be closing it on Friday and doing the update over the weekend btw. Think that will go with all the other votes afterwards as well since its a nice and sedate pace on my scheduled that wont lead to a burnout.

vyor likes this.
  8. OverReactionGuy

Since there hasn't been any new votes since I last posted I'll probably work on the update tomorrow or so.

Now I need to decide how I want to handle white magic when you get it.

From my reading it's mostly defensive in style with life gain, healing, damage prevention, negation, and stuff like that. With the ability to enhance teamwork and stuff which really is a great thing to have in this setting.

Then there are things like the wrath of god spell and Armageddon.

What I need to figure out if I am going use the actual cards or just go with the majority of their effects and build from there, since the majority of those cards, the creatures and stuff probably wont be a thing thus hard to use them in the story.

-sighs-

I'll just continue to read on for now.

Incidentally, the semblance I have planned for penny is interesting and fits the white theme for teamwork. So when you unlock it eventually, don't be surprised if it gives you a major boost in your combat readyness.

Unless Penny already had a canon semblance? I didn't see anything to hint at that though...

9. Wootius

Wootius I trust you know where the happy button is?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  10. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Can anyone explain why they want White? It's always seemed like a very boring color to me. I mean there are some interesting White summons, but most of the spells are pretty bland. Boring personality-wise too, with it being the "rigidly obedient" color, which was certainly not Penny in canon.

Edit. Not being salty, just genuinely confused on the logic.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    vyor likes this.
  11. Wootius

12. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

White has sexy angels? Those secksay secksay angels...

13. GorgonEyed

White does have a "protect the weak" vibe going for it, which fits hunters in general, and it does get some artifact manipulation, while dominating in equipment management in particular (which includes power armor). I'm personally not a fan, but I can see it fitting a Penny that had a stronger attachment to the Atlesian military and Ironwood in particular than her canon incarnation.

14. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Can't help but notice most of those are summons, which we won't get unless we go to canon MtG.
    Interesting. I'm not disappointed about learning White Spells, they're pretty useful, I just don't find the personality that interesting. Also, I like the character concept of "overly friendly Ultron" that we could pull off with a Blue/Red personality.

15. OverReactionGuy

You wont need to worry about the personality too much. Penny also fits other colors.

16. OverReactionGuy

Sorry for the double post again but I feel like giving a few heads up.

First, I hurt my right shoulder by picking up a 40 pound bag wrong and strained the muscle I believe, don't really know there, so my writing speed is rather slowed now and I will likely wait till my right arm stops feeling off before I start writing the next update.

Next update may be amusing.

Anyway, I am trying to decide on the worlds you would be able to go to eventually. I thought I'd ask you guys what ones you would like to see that I know of. I only decided two worlds right now.

The first world I chose is the final fantasy one that I talked about.

The second would likely be negima.

Between those, even though the final fantasy one has a very high danger level, that should eventually give you a variety of magic and summons and land and artifacts and stuff like that.

Maybe eventually uprating to something that isn't a prototype body as well using magic tech.

The next world I was thinking of was Diablo, but not a lot of people probably would like that. Anyway, I need like three more worlds and I know a lot of fandoms that I can twist into a working AU.

So I am accepting suggestions.

17. GorgonEyed

Are you familiar with BlazBlue at all?

...I kinda want to see Planeswalker!Penny meet ν-13. Putting two peppy, telekinetic sword-wielding artificial girls with diametrically opposed goals in a room together can only end in tears. It'll be great.

18. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Dresden Files?

19. OverReactionGuy

A bit, haven't managed to play through the games but I know the general story of it. Like Ragna being the black beast and time looping in order to stop it and what Noel is and the fact that Noel has a fuck you everything sword made to kill a god machine.

-edit-

Oh yeah, also the fact that Ragna has a yandere that wants to become one with him and the fact that he as trained by a talking cat.

I sadly don't know much about it since I never got the books. I know harry is a magical detective in Chicago, the fae courts, the talking skeleton head that knows things, and general info about the vampire courts. Plus the fact that he has an apprentice.

20. GorgonEyed

Turns out it's actually Ragna's and ν-13's grimoires, plus a host, that form the Black Beast. In the most recent canon loop it was ν-13 who was the beast, and Ragna actually fought her in the past to give the Six Heroes prep time (Jubei gave old Ragna's sword and coat to new Ragna. No one knows where the originals came from). Some bad ends have Ragna as the core of a new beast, though. Time loops, man.

...on second thought, lets not go to BlazBlue. 'tis a silly place, where causality literally goes to die.

21. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

D:

Read them! They're great! Download them or something!

22. OverReactionGuy

Yeah.. I can tell how that could get confusing.

I would have to find them and I don't really have the money to pay for them right now anyway though.

Though the prices of books could be rather low from what I am used to paying for in my other hobby.

GorgonEyed likes this.
  23. Wootius

24. OverReactionGuy

I watched that awhile ago and it was pretty interesting.

Wootius likes this.
  25. Wootius

I should have clarified which version. I've seen the original movie and Stand Alone Complex, not the Arise stuff yet.

26. OverReactionGuy

Only watched the series and not the movie, think that was stand alone. Not sure. Only problem I'd have with it, I probably wouldn't be able to portray it that well and Penny may be discriminated against there.

Maybe... not sure on that front, kinda can't tell with how they would treat an A.I that uses mystical stuff.

27. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Digimon maybe?

28. OverReactionGuy

Depends on the season. I know adventure, the second adventure the third season and the one where the kids become the digimon and the one where the main guy punches digimon in the face to digivolve his and the fact that he reminded me of Kamnia.

-edit-

Though i probably would need to bend the rules a bit with a new walker considering that they don't summon the actual person, just a copy. But if Penny gets something like a digimon partner you guys would want to summon said digimon so it could go with you. Same with a pokemon.

Though, technically carrying pokeballs with you probably wouldn't count against the new walker can only summon copies of creatures since you would be carrying them in a pokeball through the blind eternities and they may be safe their... hmm.

29. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

That one. Choose that one.

It's amazing.

Oh, how about Teen Titans?

30. Wootius

It'd take planning.

The Tachikomas gain sentience and are treated pretty well, though. It's more Penny's advanced, pretty alien, capabilities in a hair trigger world I think that'll be the issue.

The first show? That'd be cool.