1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Freeform] PHO: Parahumans Online

Discussion in 'Questing' started by searching..., Aug 21, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: Subect: Which villain in the bay is the hottest?
    searching...

searching... Actually two horses in a human costume

Subject: Which villain in the bay is the hottest?

Okay, I know we shouldn't exactly be fantasizing about the villains around here. We don't want to make what they do seem okay, but this question needs to be answered... Even if for no other reason than because I can't stop thinking about it. Being totally honest here, it's gotta be either Tattletail, or Uber right? I mean, Uber is sort of a joke, but that doesn't mean he's not hot. You can be attractive, And incompetent. And Tattletail. There aren't many pictures of her around, but that skin tight leather? That knowing smirk? It sends shivers through me every time I think of her...

2. Threadmarks: Thread Subject: There's a new one.
    DeathShade

DeathShade Dol Amroth Comes

Thread Subject. There's a New One

I am posting this thread on behalf of Bagrat, our friendly guy in the know, who is far too busy right now to post himself.
    Yesterday at around 3am Rune and Cricket were seen encountering a new cape not far from Captain's Hill. They were spotted mid battle.

The new cape displayed some sort of temporal shaker ability, similar to Alabaster, with the ability to reset objects and other people to positions they had occupied previously. She displayed some fine control with this ability, resetting Rune's floating platform out from under her back into the road, and resetting Cricket's position, while leaving her weapons where they were. She doesn't appear to possess the ability to use this on herself, as she sustained many cuts to her costume which she did not repair.

Eventually she managed to capture both Cricket and Rune in such a way that every time they escaped, she could reset them back into captivity again. This continued until the Protectorate Hero Dauntless arrived.

She left after a brief conversation, and the PRT and Protectorate have not offered a name for her at this time.

Her costume seems to be a patchwork of Black Leather and Latex while she used a white faceless mask, fully encompassing her head.

3. Threadmarks: Thread Subject: Empire/ABB fight
    Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Thread Subject. Empire/ABB fight

So for all those that somehow haven't heard the tragic news yet, there was a huge gang fight yesterday evening. Probably the worst this year. Apparently, Lung somehow found out when the Empire was breaking out Rune and Cricket since they were captured last week by the new independent cape and the ABB mounted some kind of huge offensive against the Empire while their main fighters were distracted. From what I heard they knocked over a number of safe houses and meeting points, robbed some of their stash houses and burned one of Hookwolf's dogfighting pits to the ground. Obviously, the Empire responded and there were gunfights in quite a few places all over Empire territory. Some of their capes got involved as well from what I heard, but with Lung and Oni Lee there and most of their friends gone they didn’t really stand a chance. Some people say that they saw Lung carry off an unconscious Krieg towards the docks, so it seems like the ABB is escalating to kidnapping capes now.

When the group that broke out Rune and Cricket returned they mounted what I would call an invasion into the ABB part of the docks to get Krieg back I guess, because I saw loads of empire goons marching that way from my window and there was fighting there as well an hour later. Idk, it seems like they tore apart anything they could find, but I don’t think they got Krieg back. The ABB capes fought back of course, and the whole shitshow started again. I don’t have a link for you but there is camera footage of Kaiser and Purity driving Lung into the Dockworker Union building and collapsing it around him. After that he got too big and they had to pull out.

My deepest condolences to all those that lost friends or family to this madness, I heard that there were quite a few casualties among people who weren’t involved with any of this and just stood in the way of capes or assholes with itchy trigger fingers. Not to mention all the property damage the cape fights caused. If you are injured or otherwise in need of help I read that New Wave, the police, and a few other organizations set up an emergency relief station for the next few days on Drummond’s Avenue. Panacea is there most of the time to heal the injured, there is free soup, and there will be a place to stay for a while if you lost your home.

Stay safe.

OOC: searching... contacted me and said it was fine if I opened up a new “thread” to continue the plot. Hope you all like it.

4. Threadmarks: Thread Subject: Some Lighthearted Fun to Counterbalance all the Suck
    searching...

searching... Actually two horses in a human costume

Thread Subject: Some Lighthearted fun to counterbalance all the suck.

Okay, so I imagine we've all been holding our breaths, waiting for the end. Gang wars can last a really long time, or a really short time, depending on a lot of things, and this one probably won't be stopping any time soon. Things seem to be settling down a bit though. We no longer have to worry about violence erupting at the slightest sneeze.

We've been hit on a few different fronts this last week, or two, of chaos. The mayors niece is definitely missing. We have that new fuse and explode cape running around, and definitely not helping anything. E88 is still trying to get Krieg back. Oni Lee seems to have upgraded his suicide game with some Tinker explosives. It's been in the papers already, but a couple members of the Dockworkers Union have fallen into a coma. I'm not allowed to release their names, before you ask...

Anyway, I just thought we could all use a break from the heavy stuff. Keep our spirits up and all. So here goes: What's the dumbest cape power you've ever heard of? Like anywhere, they don't even have to have come from the states.

Snake/Eater, Ragura and Gaemnomut like this.
  5. Threadmarks: Thread Subject: Villains Watch Out.
    Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

New thread subject: Villains watch out!

Well I'm sure you all know about the recent protectorate press release stating that the Triumvirate would be coming to BB in an effort to start clearing the more troubled cities of parahuman crime.

Just like you I was sceptical at first but HOOOOOOLY Shit, it looks like Eidolon wasn't joking with that message.

A friend of mine called me to tell me to watch out because aparently hookwolf was seen heading through my neighborhood with a few punks in tow harrasing random people of colour, and I look out the window and who do I see floating past?
    The man in the green cape himself, that's who.

Anyway, if you want to see hookwolf get absolutely curbstomped, take a look at this video, I recorded what I could for your viewing pleasure.

I wasn't sure about this whole thing when it was initially mentioned, but I have to say, so far I'm liking the results XD

6. Threadmarks: Thread Subject: S9
    Bagrat

Bagrat (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)

Hey all, Bagrat here. Sorry I haven't been posting in a while, was on vacation.

Anyway, I contacted one of the PHO mods (searching...) about a possible issue. I was given permission just a minute ago, confirming that this is the sort of thing we should all be aware of.

Now, I don't want to cause a panic. Panicking just makes this situation more likely to occur based on the S9's previous habits. Yes, I did say the S9. Stop reading, finish screaming.

Got that out of your system? Great.

I got a piece of news from one of my contacts in the PRT. You all remember the Slaughterhouse Nine's attack on Frederick, Maryland last week? Officials from the PRT found the body of S9 member Hatchet Face and the remains of who they *think* might be Shatterbird. It's been kept quiet on their end but one of my contacts confirmed that no capes, hero or vilain, are claiming credit. As such they are unsure whether it was an unknown vigilante or infighting.

With that in mind, I think it might be worth bringing up BB's track record when it comes to clusterfucks. With our luck, there's a good chance that the S9 will be on a recruiting drive for the next couple of months. And with Frederick so close to Brockton it's on the PRT's shortlist of likely locations for their next hit.

Good news though, is that Chevalier has started mobilizing the Philadelphia division of the Protectorate to formulate a team to respond to any nearby attacks. I'm not sure, but I think he knew some of the people who died in Frederick. Odds are 50/50 that with the increased scrutiny on the area the S9 will be moving somewhere else. But even if they head to BB, Philadelphia is not too far away that they will not be able to form a response.

Anyway, those are the notes I have on the situation. Let's try to keep speculation reasonable, and please try to keep your replies constructive. We have enough comments about people fleeing Brockton on a good day.

And while this probably won't do much, I'm going to go first and ask xX_Void_Cowboy_Xx to step away from the tin-foil hat.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Snake/Eater likes this.