1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A small reminder that our moderators can't change usernames. You need to directly contact an admin for that, and tehelgee is the jobless one so bug him about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. I've been informed by the hosting service that the server will go down at 5pm EST for a RAM replacement. It should only be down 5-15 minutes.
    Dismiss Notice

Prodigal Daughter [Worm Alt-Taylor AU]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, Dec 25, 2018.

1. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

So clearly, then, the question becomes how far Taylor can spread her null field, and whether Tt actually has to hug her to stay inside it for an hour or two.

Chase92, SamueLewis, Ack and 2 others like this.
  2. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Far enough for it to be useful, not so far that it's a story breaker.

No.

MrThorSir and Sheaman3773 like this.
  3. Jake

Jake Know what you're doing yet?

Well, Ack, you've finally done the one thing I thought impossible and made me feel genuine pity for Sophia.

Ack and Prince Charon like this.
  4. NoFunposter

NoFunposter Can't sleep, Salt will eat me.

Is it just me or does her power pretty much make her a slasher movie villain.
    Minor brute, prediction and getting into the target's head which probably results in them make bad decisions like splitting up, makes others powerless to stop her...

It's like her shard looked at horror movie tropes and decided it wanted in on that.

5. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

There are actually two plausible explanations for how Tattletale's power works in the back-end:

1) Power deduces things from what's in Lisa's head (basically a phone line to an otherwise-naïve Sherlock Holmes).
    2) Power is simply feeding Lisa information about things, but is rationing it according to what she already knows (basically casting Legend Lore).

I lean toward #2 because of this scene in her interlude:
    Some of those deductions flat-out make no sense - particularly the last one, since someone thinking up random numbers isn't thinking in keypad terms and their handedness therefore shouldn't be relevant. It feels pretty much like she's just inserting coins until the toy pops out, rather than an actual deductive chain.

(I'll note that we do have other examples of powers functioning like this; Moord Nag is the most obvious example, while Leet and Purity are less clear.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019