• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Jaune trained by the tf2 sniper, one word jarate.
Or the spy would be funny
from my post about the Boomer shooter protagonists, if we also included the Team Fortress Mercs as Mercenaries that have a code that let's them act like a Squad, then they all can teach Jaune many things. Gun loving, melee using and soooo much wacky stuff and Aura techinque version of the class abilities as well as the gear from them.

Honestly, I like the concept a lot! You'd have to be careful to avoid making the warlord a Mary Sue but the premise has a lot of merit!
Yeah, it's a problem of trying to not made a Mary Sue when you suck at explain your ideas and when you suck even more so at writing. I'll try to expand the idea a bit more, in that the "ruler in all but name" thing is more of an example how political power the warlord, you know what? I'm just gonna call them bob, how much political power bob has by the end and bob still has decades to before they reach that point and at most bob has a quarter probably less of the vale frontier under their command before shit hits the fan in the form of other people gunning for bob's group. Feels like I still haven't explain this properly, but oh well.

Another thing, what are your thoughts on oil and gunpowder in remnant? My own headcanon for oil is that when they were still trying to find a power source they use oil power generator in the early days, but discovered that dust power generator were more effective, so they moved to dust till most if not all people forget about oil. For gunpowder, it was that it did pack more of a punch and was more stable, but didn't have the elementals effect and couldn't work with makeshift weapons and since remnant runs on rule of cool, that's why people think dust is more powerful and use it instead. Also that the only people who still use gunpowder are those in the outskirts.
What do you think?

Yeah, it's a problem of trying to not made a Mary Sue when you suck at explain your ideas and when you suck even more so at writing. I'll try to expand the idea a bit more, in that the "ruler in all but name" thing is more of an example how political power the warlord, you know what? I'm just gonna call them bob, how much political power bob has by the end and bob still has decades to before they reach that point and at most bob has a quarter probably less of the vale frontier under their command before shit hits the fan in the form of other people gunning for bob's group. Feels like I still haven't explain this properly, but oh well.

Another thing, what are your thoughts on oil and gunpowder in remnant? My own headcanon for oil is that when they were still trying to find a power source they use oil power generator in the early days, but discovered that dust power generator were more effective, so they moved to dust till most if not all people forget about oil. For gunpowder, it was that it did pack more of a punch and was more stable, but didn't have the elementals effect and couldn't work with makeshift weapons and since remnant runs on rule of cool, that's why people think dust is more powerful and use it instead. Also that the only people who still use gunpowder are those in the outskirts.
What do you think?

Again, given it's an Earth life world with similar chemistry and physics to ours, they probably have all the same resources we do and make use of them like we would.

Trust me, there are so many things made from oil without which the modern world would not exist.

What do you think?

if you saw some of my posts, I argued about Remnant actually using gunpowder, oil and gasoline before Dust became mainstream.

in regards to the "not a kidnapping, but actually training time", those who write this can use Boomer Shooter Protagonists, like William Blazovitz(who is either related distantly or honorary uncle), Build Engine Protagonists like Duke Nukem and Lo Wang, and then other people like Ranger from Quake, Doom guy, Gordon Freeman(who could be one of the few Mountain Glenn survivors that fought his way through via stress induced Aura unlocking), Grayson Hunt From Bulletstorm.
What about uncle Blondie from the dollar trilogy or uncles Trinity and Bambino from the Trinity trilogy, or do they only count in the cowboy verse?

What about uncle Blondie from the dollar trilogy or uncles Trinity and Bambino from the Trinity trilogy, or do they only count in the cowboy verse?
those can count as well, but I wanted to push for Boomer Shooter badasses as Arc Relatives.

Cardin finds out he has a cousin.

A faunus cousin.

Apparently he's a bit of a wild child so he's being sent to stay with Cardin and his team for a month (with the headmasters permission) while cardin's dad arranges a room for him and smooths over some issues with law enforcement.

But come on, how wild can cousin Crash the Bandicoot faunus be?

those can count as well, but I wanted to push for Boomer Shooter badasses as Arc Relatives.
So, have uncle BJ Blazkowicz show up after fighting the umpteenth time brought from the dead with evil science.

Or Maybe uncle Doom Guy shows up with his wife Isabel, and for all the ultraviolence he does, Doom Guy is the quiet one of the relationship fine with spending a quiet night with his wife and pet bunny. While Isabel is much more fine with all manner of action things for conversation or activities.

-Nick just gives Jaune a book called the karma sutra and tell him best of luck.
It's Kama Sutra, not karma sutra.

Kama literally translated means: "Love," "Desire," "Pleasure" and/or "longing".
Karma literally translated means: "action", "work", and/or "deed", referring mostly to its effect or consequences, and to a principle of cause and effect.

Fun fact; the Kama Sutra is neither exclusively nor predominantly a sex manual on sex positions, but rather was written as a guide to the art of living well, the nature of love, finding a life partner, maintaining one's love life, and other aspects pertaining to pleasure-oriented faculties of human life.

I was half expecting Jaune to accidentally point out that Humanity is at the top due to the fact that every other animal exists because we allow it and that we can domesticate the vast majority of them if we really wanted to.
That's not completely the case, as there have been plenty of times that humanity has tried to exterminate a species, but failed to do so (sometimes even making that species more resistant to what we were trying to kill them with, like some types of poison).
If anything more animals species are killed off by humanity by complete accident.

Last edited:
Again, given it's an Earth life world with similar chemistry and physics to ours, they probably have all the same resources we do and make use of them like we would.

Trust me, there are so many things made from oil without which the modern world would not exist.

All that Atlas tech cannot not have plastic in it.

Blake Isn't a Racist! 2 New
Jaune returned with his friends from Vale. He licked at his rocky road ice cream cone absently as he headed for the common room. The sun was just beginning to set, and the light was orange and purplish through the windows of the hallway.

"I can't hear any more arguing," Nora sighed in relief as she lapped at her strawberry kaboom.

"Maybe they worked out their issues?" Pyrrha suggested between licks of her pistachio.

"Or they killed eachother," Yang sniffed, licking her chocolate. "Either way, not our problem until Monday."

"Agreed," Ren said, enjoying a honey ripple cone.

"Not funny," Ruby pouted, eating some cookies and cream.

The door to RWBY's dorm flew open with a bang. Blake Bellandonna stood there, her eyes narrowed and locked onto Jaune. Jaune gulped down his ice cream. Yang cleared her throat.

"Um... Blake? Everything okay, sweetie?"

"You all think I'm racist, don't you?" Blake demanded.

Silence fell. Nora hummed.

"Yes!" She said. "Or no? ... What was the question again?"

"Well I'm not!" Blake stated firmly. "And to prove it?" She stalked up to Jaune and grabbed his shirt. She pulled the shocked knight into a kiss.

Ren dropped his ice cream cone in shock.

"Wat?!" Nora cried.

"What?!" Ruby gasped.

"Dwuwah?!" Yang managed.

"What," Pyrrha seethed, crushing her ice cream cone between her fingers.

"Mwah," Blake gasped, breaking the kiss, "We're going on a date."

"Huwmwah?" Jaune managed, as Blake grabbed his free hand and dragged him off. "W-Wait a second-Wait a minute-!"

"HA!" Weiss scoffed from the door, "That's the best you can do? Take Arc on a date?"

"It's further than you'll ever get with a Faunus Boy!" Blake sneered.

Sun mumbled a bit, poking his head out the door.

"What's all the noise-HWAH?!"

Weiss grabbed the monkey faunus by his sleeve and pulled him out into the hallway.

"HA! I'm taking Sun out for a date!" Weiss said mockingly.

"She's what now?" Sun tried. Weiss elbowed him in his perfect abs. "HURK! I-I mean, sure...?"

"YEAH! I've got your ex, Blake!" Weiss laughed. "Who's racist now, you stuck up kitty princess?"

"YOU ARE!" Blake growled. "You're just taking my old flame because you can't do any better! Petty bitch!"

"Feline strumpet!"

"Frigid sow!"

"ACTIVIST!"

"NEW MONEY!"

"FAT CAT!"

Blake gasped.

"WHORE!" She stomped off with the hapless Jaune in tow. "I'LL SHOW YOU FAT!"

"I'll show YOU frigid, bitch!" Weiss shot back, dragging the equally confused Sun off.

Silence fell upon everyone in the hallway. Yang rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Did... Did that really happen?"

"I think so!" Nora said, pinching herself. "OW! Yup, that's real!"

Ruby sighed.

"Geez... I can't believe I let this get so out of control... I'm a terrible leader!"

"Yes. You are," Pyrrha stated coldly.

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BE SO BLUNT!" Ruby cried.

"Where's Velvet?" Ren asked.

The rabbit Faunus emerged from the common room, stretching her arms up over her head with a yawn. She removed very bulky headphones.

"What'd I miss?"

Everyone glared at her. Velvet coughed.

"Seriously, what?"

- - -

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi, @AndrewJTalon, I have an idea for a character that I want your opinion on: the warlord of Vale.

So, here's what I was thinking. On the frontier, there were some abandoned military outposts in the form of castles. Maybe they were built during the Great War or after a joint effort by Atlas and Vale in a show of cooperation. Afterward, when the vale army disbanded, all of these outposts were either abandoned or overrun by grimm. This is where the warlord shows up. One day, while trying to find some shelter, they found one of these outposts, saw that while a lot of the military equipment was outdated, not the newest or shiniest toy, it was still usable, and got the idea to start a PMC.

Now that everyone has some different idea of whom this warlord is, I really need to think up a name for them:
Vale thinks there are some Atlas-backed bandits trying to take Vale's territory.
Atlas thinks their Vale attempted to re-form the Vale army to restart the great war.
Mistral thinks they are some wannabe warlord.
Vacuo doesn't care.
Ozpin thinks they are an agent of Salem.
Salem thinks they are some upstart baron.

The truth is that they are just a normal person whose hometown was destroyed by grimm and were just tired of the fact that frontier towns are often destroyed by grimm because they were too far away from the kingdom's wall, couldn't afford a team of huntsmen, or the huntsmen didn't reach the town in time to save the town and decided to do something about that. They were able to save a few people from a town overrun by grimm, after they found the outpost, give them shelter at the outpost and ask if any of them wanted to help the warlord with their PMC. Most people from the frontier at first thought that the warlord is just trying to form a bandit tribe, but soon learn that no, the PMC is the real thing and that their only goal is to provide protection and security to the frontier, like patrolling the roads between frontier towns and guarding the towns. Even some of their own people, like the local librarian or shop owner, have joined the PMC, people the town knows would never join a bandit tribe. So only the frontier knows the truth about the warlord, and they are tired of having to keep paying taxes to the kingdoms while being left to rot by them and having to export food to the kingdom, because while the kingdom does have their own farms behind their walls, they get most of their food from the frontier, so the frontier decided to support the warlord because the warlord was one of them.

So the warlord starts their PMC and welcomes the outcast and rejects anyone that is willing to join, because in the frontier, it doesn't matter if you're a faunus or a human; all that matters is survival. Got former weapon/vehicle/plane manufacturers whose companies were bought out by SDC or were not picked by the kingdoms to join the PMC and providing infrastructure to the frontier. It has become an army with a state, and the warlord has become the ruler of the frontier in all but name. Not that the warlord cares about any of that or even know how powerful they become; the only thing the warlord cares about is looking after the frontier and its people.
So it's A PMC for You and Me by Spent Casings except instead of being an insert the character is literally the fake background that Herman Gotz made for himself to explain why there was no record of him anywhere.

Last edited:
Salem the Angry Gamer New
The real reason Salem was quiet for 20 years? The CCTNet was invented and she spent all her time gaming and watching videos about cats.

Salem: "COME ON DAMNIT! DON'T YOU LEEROY JENKINS ON ME-FUCK! WE PLANNED THIS RAID OUT, JERRY! YOU FUCKWIT! I'M GONNA HAVE GRIMM EAT YOUR HEAD, JERRY!"

Jerry: "Maybe you should git gud!"

Salem: "I DON'T SLEEP AND I PLAY ALL THE TIME YOU CUNT! FUCK YOU! YOU GIT GUD!"

Cinder: "Um, My Queen-?"

Salem: "WHAT?!"

Cinder: "Er... We're ready to begin the Vytal Operation?"

Salem: "Hm? Oh, sure, good. But on your way there? KILL THIS FUCKER."

Cinder: "Yes My Queen?"

The real reason Salem was quiet for 20 years? The CCTNet was invented and she spent all her time gaming and watching videos about cats.

Salem: "COME ON DAMNIT! DON'T YOU LEEROY JENKINS ON ME-FUCK! WE PLANNED THIS RAID OUT, JERRY! YOU FUCKWIT! I'M GONNA HAVE GRIMM EAT YOUR HEAD, JERRY!"

Jerry: "Maybe you should git gud!"

Salem: "I DON'T SLEEP AND I PLAY ALL THE TIME YOU CUNT! FUCK YOU! YOU GIT GUD!"

Cinder: "Um, My Queen-?"

Salem: "WHAT?!"

Cinder: "Er... We're ready to begin the Vytal Operation?"

Salem: "Hm? Oh, sure, good. But on your way there? KILL THIS FUCKER."

Cinder: "Yes My Queen?"
Turns out jerry is actually Tyrian. He has no idea that Salem is also a gamer so when he saw someone with the gamer tag SalemGrimmQueen he decided that there was only one appropriate response to this heresy. To continually harass the player until they rage quit. Every one on team Salem knows what's happening except for those two.

Cowboys of Remnant: Smoking Barrels New
I wrote some Cowboys of Remnant snips on SB. Crossposting them in diegetic order.

Cowboys of Remnant: Smoking Barrels

"The next match will be between Cardin Winchester and Jaune Arc," Professor Goodwitch called out.

Jaune started a little, surprised that he was being called up on the first day of class. Although, judging from the slight glare that the Professor was sending his way, it may have been because he'd been dozing a little. It wasn't his fault, honest! He always got a little sleepy after lunch and he'd had to stay up late last night to give Orly a rub down because she'd been acting up during Initiation and the bed in his dorm had been too soft so he'd been having trouble getting to sleep and then-

"Now, Mr. Arc."

"O-of course ma'am! Right away ma'am!" He stammered, jumping to his feet and hurrying down to the ring.

"Good luck Jaune!" Ms. Rose called after him.

"Knock 'em dead, Cowboy!" Her sister, Ms. Xiao Long, followed up.

"You've got this, Fearless Leader!" Ms. Valk- Nora shouted. Yes, she'd be very emphatic about being addressed as Nora.

Now in the sparring ring, Jaune took a moment to loosen up, limbering up his legs and stretching out his fingers especially. He swept his poncho up over his shoulder to free up his gun hand and waited for his opponent.

Cardin Winchester was a big man clad in a suit of half-plate armor. Jaune, already a tall man himself, would have had to look up to meet the redhead's eyes and there was no way that Jaune's lean physique, developed by years of living on the road, would have matched up to the other man's slabs of muscle. The big mace he carried said he was a close-range fighter, but the Fire Dust crystal embedded in the head indicated he was more than just a one-trick pony.

Don't let him get close then, Jaune mused to himself. And keep an eye out for any Fire attacks. Maybe I can-

"Hey hick!" Cardin's baritone rang out. "Try to put up a good fight!"

Jaune's eyes narrowed. "I'll do my best," he replied. "May the best man win!"

"Oh, I intend to," Winchester said with a smirk.

Well, I was polite, Jaune thought. Ma can't take fault with what happens now.

"Gentlemen, on my mark. The bout will continue until surrender, ring out, or Aura reduction to the red," Professor Goodwitch called out from the referee's stand. "Ready... BEGIN!"

Quick a flash, Jaune's revolver was out of its holster and he was fanning the hammer, sending all six Aura charged bullets screaming towards his opponent. The shots had been fired in such quick succession that the resulting bangs had all melded together into one report. To Cardin's credit, he took the shots head-on, not even flinching at the pain, and charged straight in. Jaune could see out of the corner of his eye that Cardin's Aura had taken a significant hit though, dropping by almost a fifth.

Couple more of those and I'll have this in the bag.

Slamming the cylinder of his S&W open, he dumped out the spent casings before placing it under a line of bullets on his belt. Sliding his thumb across the back of the bullets, he spun the open cylinder across his waist, loading a bullet into each chamber with the flick of his thumb. Less than a second later, he had his revolver reloaded and ready to go. He fanned the hammer once more, firing all six of the fresh bullets in less time than it had taken to load them.

Cardin was clever enough to not be taken by the same trick twice though. He continued his charge but leapt to the side as he did, barely avoiding Jaune's shots by a hairsbreadth. Taking his mace in both hands, the larger boy slammed it into ground and dragged it along for a few feet before lifting it back up. The floor of the ring distorted as a shockwave traveled towards Jaune but the cowboy didn't hesitate, jumping over the ground based attack while beginning another reload. That was when the fireball hit Jaune in the chest and knocked him sprawling.

Fortunately, his Aura had been more than capable of tanking the explosion, but the force had still sent him to the ground. More importantly though, the blast had torn his revolver out of his hands and sent it clattering out of the ring. As he clambered to his feet, the cowboy saw Cardin smirking at him from behind the smoking head of his mace.

Clever bastard.

Scowling, Jaune reached over his shoulder and drew Old Man Duke's gift to him: a steel-framed Winchester 76 lever-action shotgun loaded with customized Burn Dust rounds. It was a powerful weapon, but lacked the precision that Jaune preferred when fighting. Of course, sometimes overwhelming firepower was just what you needed.

Cardin's smirk was swiftly overtaken by a look of panic as he dodged out of the way of the pillar of flame that erupted from the barrel of Jaune's shotgun. Jaune could barely hear the exclamations of the audience over the roar of his weapon. He worked the lever, releasing a smoking shell and racking a new one, before taking aim and firing again. Cardin just barely managed to dodge out of the way of the second blast, but it was a close thing. The cowboy racked another shell and this time the shot he fired took Cardin in the chest and sent him flying out of the ring.

A buzzing ring sounded out as Professor Goodwitch called the match. Jaune lowered his shotgun, absently noting that the barrel was glowing a cherry red. Cardin got to his feet, groaning, but his Aura was still intact. Glancing over to the scoreboard, Jaune could see that Cardin's Aura Gauge remained over 60% while Jaune's hadn't dipped below 90%.

"A quick match," the Professor noted, as she fixed the crumpled arena floor with a wave of her riding crop. "Mr. Arc, excellent marksmanship, but you could stand to be more mobile."

"Thank you, ma'am," Jaune intoned, nodding to the Professor. "I think I've gotten too used to Orly doing the movin' for me. I'll work on that."

"See that you do."

He breathed a small sigh of relief and went to retrieve his pistol. while she turned to address his opponent. "Mr. Winchester, solid use of tactics but your maneuverability could use more work. Wearing armor is only effective if it actually protects you."

Cardin grit his teeth but thanked the Professor regardless.

"You may take your seats, gentlemen," she said, dismissing them. "Ms. Nikos! Ms. Xiao Long! You two are next."

As the two young men trudged back to their seats, Cardin growled under his breath, "This isn't over, hillbilly."

Jaune side-eyed the armored redhead before murmuring, "You're right. I reckon it ain't."

I didn't watch it. However, I did see a compilation of Jaune and Jessica and oh my fucking god they are so cute together.

"Doing 'Floor Time'? Cool."

OH MY FUCKING GOD JAUNE'S THE BEST!!!

It's not even necessarily romantic. It really isn't. However... It would work really well.

I have heard the second movie didn't have Jaune, and that Jessica was sad about that.

Also, I much prefer Teen Jessica. But I do appreciate her skintight Green Lantern suit.

How good of a Green Lantern do you think Jaune would be? He does have quite the amount of willpower, though I don't know how his mental problems will affect that.

1. Obvious Undiagnosed Depression with plenty of Self-Hatred (I relate)
  2. Imposter Syndrome
  3. Survivor's Guilt
I have no idea how these thing affect a Green Lantern. Maybe they wouldn't affect Jaune's GL Ring because his willpower is about helping people, and not necessarily about him surviving? "They're the ones that matter" and all that?

Homophobic Ruby is a go...?

Truly she is Best Girl.

Next though, what about Morgan and, for fun, the Tam Lins?

I imagine Morgan would be the closest thing to an actual ruler in Radian. Even though she's not royalty or snything like that, she's still known as "High Queen Morgan". She's really good at her job, and is able to use her Semblance to create a lot of artifacts that have weird, Semblance-like effects. Like the Water Mirror, the Garden of Lost Will, or the twelve gigantic Rhongomyniad built into the walls of Radian.

Morgan is very cold. She went through some shit in the past, and that's partly why she adopted Baobhan Sith. There's very few people she genuinely cares about. She is also the mother of Gawain, Gareth, Gaheris and Agravain. Though she also helped raise Lancelot.

Morgan was trained by Merlin and knows everything he does about everything, if not more. Even though she was his student, Morgan genuinely hates Merlin. She has attempted multiple times to kill Merlin, but he always escaped.

Morgan created the Tam Lin as a means to keep "knighthood" alive. Though people are confused about why the Tam Lin are named after Knights of the Round, they just assume it's one Morgan's eccentricities.

The Tam Lin are... harder to do, personally.

Cowboys of Remnant: Teacher's Pet New
Part 2.

Cowboys of Remnant: Teacher's Pet

Weiss was almost certain that animals were not permitted inside classrooms, and yet there was a horse standing in the back of Professor Port's lecture hall. It was a familiar horse, as it belonged to one Jaune Arc, who happened to be muttering in low tones to her while feeding her a carrot. Weiss did not dislike Orleans. In fact, she loved most animals and Orleans herself was a beautiful chestnut mare with the softest nose. But Orleans did not like Weiss and was not afraid to make those feelings known, usually by biting the Schnee Heiress.

Undaunted, Weiss approached her fellow student and his mount and managed to catch the tail end of what Jaune had been whispering.

"-And no poopin' in class, alright? I don't want a repeat of the post office incident."

Orleans turned her head and gave her rider a baleful stare with one eye.

"Hey! That was entirely your fault. I told you those apples were bad but you ate 'em anyways."

Orleans snorted and tossed her mane.

"Fine, fine, it was totally my fault. But no poopin' here, okay?"

Orleans nickered her grudging agreement.

Weiss, a little disconcerted but very amused, cleared her throat, cause both Jaune and his horse to jump.

"Ah! Ms. Schnee! My apologies! I didn't see you there," the cowboy said, sweeping his hat off his head and bowing. Orleans, meanwhile, gave Weiss the dirtiest glare.

"Not a problem, Mr. Arc," Weiss replied, finding his rather old-fashioned form of address to her liking. "I was just wondering if Orleans was permitted to be here. I wouldn't have thought animals would be allowed in classrooms."

Jaune brightened, replacing his hat and giving Orleans a pat on the nose. "Ah, yup, most people would think so, wouldn't they? I checked with Professor Goodwitch beforehand because Orleans was gettin' stir-crazy and was insistin' on followin' me to class. Turns out plenty of Huntsmen have animal companions to help out in the field. One of the third years has a hawk and apparently the Headmaster has a crow? And since Aura Awakened animals are pretty smart, they can actually learn somethin' from these classes."

The mare nudged Jaune's shoulder, as his petting had ceased while he'd been speaking with Weiss, prompting him to return to rubbing the horse's face. Weiss swore that Orleans was giving her the smuggest look. It wasn't like she wanted Jaune to cup her face with his warm, calloused hands and run his thumb along her cheekbone- Weiss cut that train of thought off immediately.

"Are you alright, Ms. Schnee?" the blond asked, his face creasing in concern. "You're lookin' awfully red."

"I am fine!" Weiss definitely didn't shout. "Thank you for satisfying my curiosity, Mr. Arc. Please have a good day." She walked swiftly back to her seat, ignoring the questioning looks of her team.

"Twas no problem, Ms. Schnee. And a good day to you as well." The cowboy called after her.

Weiss would acknowledge that Professor Port's lectures were quite boring, but this was certainly a new kind of interesting.

"What a magnificent beast!" Professor Port's booming voice proclaimed as he lifted Orleans over his head to examine her, much to her and Jaune's alarm. "Horses are among the most valued animal companions a Huntsman can have, only matched by dogs! You've chosen well, Mr. Arc!"

"T-thank you, sir!" Jaune stammered. "But do you think you could put Orleans down? She's gettin' nervous."

The professor looked confused for a moment, before his eyes widened in realization and he carefully lowered the panicking mare to the ground. "Ah! Of course! I am very sorry, Ms. Orleans, I was carried away by your beauty. I hope you can forgive me."

Orleans gave the older human a glare before whinnying her acceptance of his apology. Weiss wasn't certain if she'd be as forgiving if the professor had hoisted her up by her midsection in front of the entire class, but she wasn't a horse.

"Actually, Ms. Orleans, while you're up here, would you be willing to help me demonstrate why an Awakened animal companion can be incredibly helpful in the field?"

The mare paused to look at her rider, who shrugged, before turning back and snorting her acquiescence.

"Excellent!" The professor boomed, pulling a remote from out of his coat pocket and pressing a button. A rattling cage containing a Beowulf rose from the ground as hardlight shields blinked into place around the front section of the lecture hall. The Beowulf snarled upon seeing Orleans and reached out through the bars with one clawed hand.

"Oh ho!" Professor Port laughed. "This one is awfully feisty! Are you sure you can handle it, Ms. Orleans?"

The horse tossed her head, her posture utterly confident. "The spirit of a true Huntress in this one!" The professor said with a smile. "Very well, BEGIN!"

The locks on the cage disengaged and the Beowulf burst out with a howl of rage. It bayed for blood as it charged the mare, claws outstretched, ready to rip the Awakened animal to pieces.

Orleans spun on her front legs and delivered a powerful kick with both of her back legs. With a deafening bang, her steel-shod hooves slammed right through the Beowulf's bone faceplate and pulverized the entirety of the head behind it. The Beowulf's corpse dropped to the floor with a thump, the momentum of its charge carrying it just past the horse that had so easily slain it.

There was a beat of silence before the lecture hall erupted into noise as the students clamored over Orleans' feat. The horse herself pranced in a circle around the slowly dissipating Grimm corpse. She caught Weiss's gaze with one of her eyes before tilting her head straight up, utterly prideful. Weiss's eye twitched.

"And there you have it, students!" The Professor shouted with glee. "An Awakened animal companion can be a powerful force multiplier! A Huntsman such as Mr. Arc could focus on shooting targets much further afield, secure in the knowledge that his mount is protecting his back! And that's not even covering such advantages as the increased mobility and carrying capacity a horse can provide when out in the field! There is a reason why the Valean Rangers prefer using horses. Additionally, horsemanship is an elective at Beacon, taught by yours truly. I hope that many of you will be interested in signing up after this demonstration."

Weiss could swear that Orleans was getting smugger and smugger with each word out of the Professor's mouth.

How good of a Green Lantern do you think Jaune would be? He does have quite the amount of willpower, though I don't know how his mental problems will affect that.

1. Obvious Undiagnosed Depression with plenty of Self-Hatred (I relate)
  2. Imposter Syndrome
  3. Survivor's Guilt
I have no idea how these thing affect a Green Lantern. Maybe they wouldn't affect Jaune's GL Ring because his willpower is about helping people, and not necessarily about him surviving? "They're the ones that matter" and all that?

To be fair he spent 20 or so years in the Ever After alone the only human and waited for Team RWBY. I don't know when exactly Alex and Lewis fell but I think it was rather early on meaning he had that damn cat on him for at least a decade and he didn't falter. He might have come close a few times but ultimately he held his ground. I don't know about you but I think most people would have cracked within the first 5 years. Especially since he had to kill Penny, Atlas fell, and they lost the relic. So yeah, he's got some serious willpower

Last edited:
Cowboys of Remnant: Sisterly Gifts New
And Part 3.

Cowboys of Remnant: Sisterly Gifts

"That's a pretty big package you've got there, Cowboy." Yang said with a salacious grin.

Both Weiss and Pyrrha barely avoided spitting their drinks out. Blake looked up from her newspaper, interest suddenly piqued, and all other conversation at the joint RWBY and JNPR table immediately died out as everyone turned to stare at the blonde.

"Yang! That's inappropriate!" Shouted the Schnee Heiress, glaring at Yang.

"Indeed!" The Myrmidon agreed, matching her counterpart's glare. "Highly inappropriate!"

The boxer gave the two her most innocent look, "Inappropriate? What could possibly be inappropriate about Jaune's package?"

Jaune, carrying a large wooden crate in his arms as he approached, flushed and coughed slightly. "Please don't do that, Ms. Xiao Long. Folks'll get the wrong idea."

Yang's grin somehow grew wider, "That's the whole point, handsome."

"Ew, Yang, stop flirting at the breakfast table!" Ruby cried.

"Please, that was barely flirting," the taller girl scoffed. "This is flirting: hey boy, gimme- MPH!"

"Shutupshutupshutup!" Ruby had immediately slapped her hands across her sister's mouth, face completely flushed. "I'm so sorry about her, Jaune. How about a new topic? Like, what's in the crate?"

"Thank you, Ms. Rose," said an equally red Jaune. "And I don't rightly know yet. Just picked it up from the mail office but it looks like it's from home."

"Well, crack that sucker open, Jauney!" Nora demanded, jumping up on the table to get a better view. "Surprise presents are the best!"

"Nora, please don't climb onto the table, it's unsanitary." Ren requested calmly.

"Oops, sorry Ren!" The redhead climbed back down.

Jaune, meanwhile, had pulled out his knife and was prying open the top of the crate with the blade. With a SCRUNCH, the lid popped off, revealing... more boxes inside, as well as a letter on top. The blond gave the letter a quick read through before smiling softly.

"Looks like my sisters sent me some gifts as congratulations for gettin' into Beacon," he explained to his friends.

Pyrrha blinked, "But that was last semester? Why are you only receiving them now?"

"Half the Arc kids are spread out all across Remnant," Jaune elaborated. "It must have taken a while to get everythin' all bundled up."

Yang peered inside the box and whistled. "That's a lot of gifts."

"I've got a lot of sisters," he replied.

"How many is a lot?"

"Seven."

"Se-seven!" Weiss cried.

"Your parents must have a very healthy marriage," Pyrrha intoned with an innocent smile.

"Some would say too healthy," Jaune muttered under his breath, eyes suddenly very far away, before shaking himself and pulling the individual boxes out.

"Alright, this one's from Saphron," A small cardboard box a bit bigger than his fist.

"This one's from Tangy," A moderately sized casket that made sloshing noises when it was moved.

"This one's from Verdy and Coral," A heavy metal case with something dense inside.

"Lilac." Another cardboard box that rustled.

"Aqua," A large wooden chest that made dull clinking sounds when it was jostled.

"And Orchid." A long and thin metal case that also clinked.

"That's quite a few," Weiss noted, inspecting the gifts.

"Must be nice, having a lot of siblings who love you," Nora sighed wistfully.

"It has its ups'n downs," Jaune admitted, smiling softly at the Valkyrie. "I think you'd like them, Nora. I'll introduce you sometime."

"Really!?" Nora leapt over and gave Jaune an absolutely bone-crushing hug. "Thank you, Fearless Leader!"

"N-nora, please," the cowboy wheezed.

"Nora," came Ren's voice from behind her. "Please don't break our leader. We only have one of him."

"Oops!" The redhead chuckled. "Sorry Jaune!"

Jaune took a deep breath and straightened his neck with a crack, "N-no harm done! Just, ah, take a bit more care in the future?"

"Can do! Enough messing around, lets get to opening these presents!"

"Just a sec, the letter said they need to be opened in a specific order," Jaune said, picking said letter up again.

Weiss paused her inspection of Tangy's gift, looking up, "Why the coordination?"

Jaune smiled, "They're always doin' stuff like this. I think it's cause I'm the youngest. They always like makin' any gift givin' into a whole production. Anyways, looks like the first one is from Saphron."

Opening the case revealed a brand-new scroll and a small letter. Opening the letter, Jaune read it aloud. "'Dear Jaune, Terra and I were overjoyed when we heard the news and Adrian thought it was pretty swell too!' Ha, that's cute."

"What is?" Pyrrha queried.

"Adrian is my nephew and he's barely a year old. There's no way he knows what they were talkin' about."

Weiss smiled, "Ah, that is cute."

"'Terra helped me set this scroll up for you as a replacement for your old Mokia. You're going to need something more modern if you want to make it as a Huntsman! I expect to see you in Argus over your summer break! We can go sightseeing and I'll introduce you to my friends! Love, Saphron. P.S. Terra and Adrian say they love you too.'"

"Awww," practically everyone around the table cooed.

"Wait, your sister lives in Argus?" Pyrrha asked, her gaze suddenly calculating.

"She does indeed, Ms. Nikos. Why do you ask?"

"I'm from Argus. Maybe we can visit her together and I can introduce you to my mother afterwards?" She proposed coyly.

Jaune smiled, "That sounds wonderful. I'd love to."

Pyrrha felt her heart soar, in no small part due to the stinkeye Weiss was sending her way.

"Well, this is nifty," Jaune said, inspecting his new scroll. "Never been all that great with technology but I'll learn. Looks like the next one I'm supposed to open is from Tangy."

Seizing the casket, he lifted the lid off to reveal an ornate glass bottle filled with an amber liquid. Worked into the bottle's surface were the words "The Evil Brewing Company, Est. 80 AGW."

"Ha! Looks like Tangy's newest venture took off! Tangy is a pretty successful entrepreneur," he explained for the benefit of his confused friends. "She's got her fingers in lots of pies, from shippin' to security. And now apparently brewin'! Let's see what's in the letter..."

He unfolded the small square of cardstock, and read the short note inside. "Dear Jaune, Congratulations on being accepted into Beacon. This whiskey is part of the first batch from our new distillery. Please share it with Weiss Schnee and Pyrrha Nikos. Cordially, your sister Tanya.'"

"Tanya?" Yang asked. "I thought her name was Tangy?"

"Her name's actually Tangerine but we call her Tangy. She's not a fan of Ma and Pa's namin' style."

Weiss sniffed disapprovingly, "While it's nice to have some recognition, I hardly think it's appropriate for your sister to be gifting you liquor in order to promote her business."

"Can't say I agree, Ms. Schnee. Out on the trail, a shot of whiskey can do a fella a world of good, especially right before bed or right after a fight," Jaune replied. "Tangy might be a bit cold but she's clearly lookin' out for me with this gift. That she can promote her business too is probably just a bonus to her."

"I suppose," the heiress conceded. "I merely have a poor opinion of those who place business before family."

"As you should, Ms. Schnee, as you should," Jaune agreed readily. "But the thing about Tangy is that, when push comes to shove, she'll drop everythin' to be there for her family, and she knows we'd do the same for her."

"Hmm," Weiss hmmed. "I think I should like to meet Tangy at some point."

"I reckon she's mighty keen to meet you too. Now, the next one I'm supposed to open is... Lilac's!

Cutting open the cardboard box revealed...

"A coat?" Ruby asked.

"Well, I'll be..." Jaune murmured, his eyes wide as he pulled it out of the box and unfolded it. "It's just like Pa's!"

Standing up, the cowboy pulled his poncho off and swept his arms through the dark brown duster's sleeves. The cut of the coat was quite long, coming down to just past his knees, and stiffer than he expected. Tapping the coat, he could hear the dull clink of a harder material insde the lining.

"Lilac really outdid herself with this one!" Jaune laughed. "Even has the ceramic armor sewn in!"

"Nice trenchcoat," Blake teased, speaking up for the first time.

"Duster, Ms. Belladonna," Jaune replied with a hint of reproach. "It's a duster."

"Hm."

"I think it looks great on you, Jaune." Pyrrha said with an encouraging smile. "You look very dashing. Did Lilac make this?"

"Yep!" Jaune replied while twisting his torso around to get a feel for the coat's weight. "She's a great tailor, sewed a lot of my trail clothes. Sure, we can get mass-produced stuff out where we live but they don't stand up that well to wear and tear. If you want somethin' that'll last a long time, you gotta make it yourself."

Apparently satisfied with the fit of his new duster, he opened the letter than had been laying underneath the coat. "'Dear Jaune,'" he read aloud. "'Congrats on getting into Beacon! I'd been hoping to get this done before you set out from home but the stitching took longer than I'd thought. You might be disappointed at the lack of color, but I thought of that in advance. Check the inner pocket on the left side...'"

Jaune did so, pulling out a square of large blue cloth embroidered with a number of small white fleur de lys. With a smile, he immediately tied it around his neck.

"'A bandana!'" He continued to read. "'It should add that bit of panache you need.' There's a lot more but it's mostly stuff about Ma and Pa and how the neighbors are doin' and whatnot. I'll finish the rest of it later."

"Dang, Cowboy," Yang purred. "That looks mighty fine. But I'd bet it'd look better on the floo-" She was cut off as Ruby jumped on her back and wrapped her arms around her neck.

"I'msosorryJaune," Ruby babbled. "Shesnotnormallylikethis!"

"She absolutely is," Blake snorted.

"I-it's fine, Ms. Rose," Jaune blushed again.

Yang just grinned, completely unmindful of the venomous glares Weiss and Pyrrha shot at her, or her sister attempting to strangle her.

"M-moving on! The next one is from Aqua! It's... wow!" The cowboy was left speechless at the gleaming pieces of armor inside the chest from Aqua. "She really went all out."

"Solid workmanship," Pyrrha noted, inspecting one of the bracers inside. "Lots of Huntsmen choose not to wear armor as it can restrict your movement, but there's something to be said for the protective power of Aura-enhanced armor."

"Yep!" Jaune agreed with a rap to his current breastplate. "My Pa wears armor so I figured it was probably a smart move. I'll try this on later but let's take a look at her letter..." He paused upon seeing the small manuscript tucked into the lid of the chest. "On second thought, maybe I ought to read that later. Aqua usually has a lot to say. I think Orchid is next."

Jaune pulled the lid off of the narrow package, revealing... a white metal scabbard. "Huh. Wouldn't have thought Orchid would have gotten me something I already had," he tapped the leather sheath strapped to his side. "Lemme check her letter."

He unfolded the rolled up printer paper that had been stuffed into the mouth of the scabbard. "'Jaune. It's also a shield. Love, Orchid.' Wait, what?"

"Ahhh!" Ruby cried. "You got a mechashift! And I wanted to be the one to help you build one..." She pouted.

"Tell you what, if I ever build my own weapon, you'll be the first person I go to for help, Ms. Rose," Jaune promised, to Ruby's delight and Weiss and Pyrrha's annoyance. "Now, how do I..." With a little finagling, Jaune was able to attach the scabbard to his offhand and deploy it into a shield, revealing the twin yellow crescents of the Arc Clan on the front. "Huh, that might actually be really useful down the line. Better start practicin' with it."

Pyrrha cleared her throat, "I would be more than happy to show you the ins and outs of sword and shield combat, Jaune."

"If it's not too much trouble?"

"We're partners. I would be more than happy to."

Jaune gave her a warm smile and her heart skipped a beat, "Then I'll definitely take you up on that. Thank you, Ms. Nikos."

Ah, she probably wouldn't be able to stop smiling all day.

After swapping his new scabbard in and making sure Crocea Mors fit in right, Jaune approached the final package. "Alrighty, just the one from Coral and Verdy left. They stuck the letter on the outside of this one..." he pulled it off and began to read. "'Dear Baby Bro,'... It's gonna be one of those letters, ain't it?"

The snickering from around the table did not help.

He cleared his throat and continued reading. "'Dear Baby Bro, Congrats on getting into Huntsman school! Meet any cu-' Ah, I'm not gonna read that part. Or the next line. Actually, I think I'll just keep this one to myse-"

"'Meet any cute girls yet?'" Came a voice from over his shoulder. Jaune jumped and turned towards it, fist raised, only to freeze when he saw Blake's smirking face.

A chorus of stifled laughter came from the table behind him, as he lowered his hand. "It's very rude to read other folks' personal correspondence, Ms. Belladonna." Jaune said with a frown.

Blake shrugged, her lips still smiling. "Maybe. But I've never considered myself polite. The next line of the letter was 'Careful when playing that guitar of yours in public or you'll be fending off girls with a stick.'"

This time the laughter wasn't stifled.

"Would you like to read the rest of the letter for me, Ms. Belladonna?" Jaune asked pointedly.

Blake tilted her head, considering it, before smirking again. "No, I don't think I will." And returned to her seat.

Jaune sighed. "Well, most of the rest of the letter is just teasin' me about... things. Although, the last paragraph is different. "'Also, we decided that your peashooter ain't gonna cut it anymore and talked to Old Nell to convince her to come out of retirement for one last commission. Which you'll find in the box. Enjoy, Baby Bro. Love, Verdy and Coral.' Wait, they got Old Nell to make somethin'? There's no way. They've gotta be pullin' a prank."

The cowboy stared down at the box with wide eyes, almost unwilling to touch it.

"Uhhh, who's Old Nell?" Nora was, of course, the one to ask the question they were all thinking.

"Nell Goldstone," Jaune answered absently, eyes still locked on the case.

"NELL GOLDSTONE!?" Ruby shrieked, causing a good portion of the cafeteria to quiet down and stare at her. The little reaper immediately pulled her hood up and covered her face until people started looking away.

Jaune, unaffected by the outburst, nodded. "Yep, Nell Goldstone."

"Perhaps you could explain who this 'Nell Goldstone' is? For those of us who aren't in the know?" Weiss asked pointedly.

"You don't know who Nell Goldstone is!?" Ruby snapped incredulously. "She's the best weaponsmith on the planet! She pioneered dozens of techniques that are used in modern mechshifts! There's guaranteed to be at least one of her designs in all of our weapons, maybe more! She retired ages ago though. Said she was done making weapons and wanted a quiet life. Until now..." Ruby stared at the box, the hunger in her eyes deeply disconcerting. "Jaune, please open the box," she stated very calmly.

Jaune gulped before undoing the latches of the case, revealing a pair of shining revolvers. Ruby's squeal of joy was so high-pitched as to be inaudible, except to Blake, who winced.

"They're just revolvers," Weiss muttered.

"They're not just revolvers!" Ruby cried. "They're beautiful. Look at the tooling, it's all custom! Do you see that sheen? The frame is reinforced with Gravity Dust! The ivory grips with the maker's mark carved in! The cylinders, they're almost perfectly flush with the barrel! They're amazing! They're magnificent!" Ruby fell silent as she was overcome by paroxysms of joy.

Jaune quietly closed the box. "I think we oughta get Ruby to the Infirmary."

Ruby snapped out of it. "I'm fine! I'm fine! I was just... really excited."

"You don't say," Blake murmured dryly.

"Don't get me wrong, I reckon the only reason why I'm not reactin' the same way as Ruby is because it hasn't quite sunken in yet. Give it a few minutes." He began packing the boxes back into the big crate. "Meanwhile, I'm gonna get this stuff back to our dorm and try to process... all this."

"Here Jaune, let me assist you with that," Weiss said with a gracious smile, moving forward to help.

"Allow me, Jaune," Pyrrha intervened, stepping in Weiss's path. "I need to head back to our dorm regardless."

"Why you! You're only doing this to interfere!"

"Interfere? Interfere with what?" The champion replied innocently.

"You know damn well what!" The heiress declared, stomping up to the taller girl. "I won't take this lying down!"

"Fight Fight Fight!" Nora chanted and was subsequently joined by Yang.

"Guys, we shouldn't do this here!" Ruby tried to mediate, to no avail.

Blake sighed and went back to her newspaper.

As the conflict escalated, Jaune despaired at his chances of getting all of his things before violence erupted.

"We should get out of here before it devolves further," A quiet voice murmured from behind Jaune, causing him to jump for the second time today.

Turning around, Jaune saw Ren holding the rest of the packages from his sisters and tilting his head towards the door.

"Ren, you are an absolute godssend," Jaune muttered as they scurried out of the cafeteria. "Thank you."

"Anytime Jaune, anytime."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back