1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome back to QQ. The search function will be unavailable for some hours until the index has been rebuilt.
    Dismiss Notice

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Prince Charon, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Ragura

Ragura I trust you know where the happy button is?

The name reminds me of armor. Maybe self-biokinesis?

2. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

So he has Prototype-esque powers?

Ragura likes this.
  3. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Well worn.

Knowing Carol she'd have him shipped off to CPS and watch him like a hawk until he became a villain.

Chojomeka likes this.
  4. Chojomeka

Chojomeka True Evil

Could always go with Marquis having more than just Amy as his kid, say he had an older son living away from Brockton Bay 'cause it's a shithole city and said son later learns of his father's capture, arrest, and sentencing to the Birdcage, leading to him vowing revenge/vendetta against the Brockton Bay Brigade/New Wave. Whether he triggers or not would be up to the writer.

5. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I have an old outline where Browbeat is Amy's older half-brother (and Taylor is her younger half-sister on the other side). Marquis intended him to become his heir, but he was too much of a softie for the role. He isn't around in the present day because Amy accidentally turned him into an immobile and insensate face on the wall shortly after she triggered, and never worked up the courage to try to turn him back.

Ragura, ParaDXThrowaway and Ajlove like this.
  6. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

A person with a camera phone or similar arrives as the Undersiders are leaving (zooming in on Tt's butt, something Lisa will make note of later), and records the scene, as well as the conversation with Armsmaster where Taylor tells him what happened, and he tricks her into letting him steal credit. Shortly after Taylor leaves, the cameraperson uploads the video, and links it on PHO (where the thread rapidly points out that not only do the Undersiders know, but based on the bug girl's own testimony, a bunch of ABB thugs know too, so all Armsmaster would have done is make himself look good to the public, without protecting the bug controller at all). Shortly after that, a PRT member monitoring PHO finds the thread, and e-mails the link to Renick and Piggot, as well as whomever is in charge of PR in Brockton Bay (not Glenn, he's head of Image for the entire PRT). The Director is emphatically not happy, Taylor has dozens of suggestions for a cape name and has made a pretty good impression on the public, and Armsmaster's attempt to make himself look good has backfired badly.

All because some random person with a phone had a bout of insomnia and a poor sense of self-preservation.

7. Ragura

For extra hilarity it's Greg :)

8. Prince Charon

A rather different Bakuda-related idea: Bakuda can't make very lethal bombs, though this wasn't known when she held Cornell hostage over a bad grade (so, she was bluffing). Her bombs have a wide range of effects, most of them strange and sometimes funny, but they cannot directly kill you. Create a situation in which something else is more likely to kill you (like causing a car accident), but not directly kill anyone. The threat she holds over the ABB members is not death, but humiliation, something many of them are more afraid of.

9. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Well worn.

Or maybe do both... she actually isn't the violent psychopath she pretends to be... she's just a girl deeply over her head who's trying not to look weak infront of the psychopaths who have kidnapped her.

Her trigger event was the lowest moment in her life and she wanted to humiliate them as badly as they humiliated her and now... she just can't quite do it.

10. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

Maybe.
    On the other hand, from the Comments section of Monarch16.4;
    -so that superiority complex was a part of her pre-Trigger personality rather than an affectation.

Ragura and Ajlove like this.
  11. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Well worn.

Maybe, on the otherhand... Wildbow is an idiot who cannot into nuanced characters.

12. Prince Charon

Yes. Also, it's an AU, so her canon personality need not apply.

Ajlove and Ragura like this.
  13. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Well worn.

That too! :D

Prince Charon and Ragura like this.
  14. Ragura

Maybe even a specialization in transformation effects - both temporary and permanent (depending on whether the bomb tells her shard to keep the original template).
    This would work even better as an NSFW idea :D

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. Prince Charon

It was posted there, but there were too many other ideas, so it got lost. I'm starting to think I should post more of my ideas to my own thread (see .sig), but I'm not sure how much that would help.

Ajlove, The Rat and Ragura like this.
  16. The Rat

The Rat I trust you know where the happy button is?

Has anyone done a fic where the main character decides to beat the Entities by upgrading the shards.

If the shards are like networked mainframes and the parahumans are terminals then he or she changes them into laptops that have a more loose network connection.

They dive into Eden's corpse and make her shards into smaller, faster, more powerful and more energy efficient versions of themselves.

They even alter the way that the new Entities reproduce so that they can farm a planet for multiple cycles and then leave without destroying things so that the planet can recover and be used again.

Like crop rotation to use an analogy.

The new smaller smarter Entities blitz Sion and use him to make more of themselves before looking to go after the other old Entities.

Ragura and Knightfall like this.
  17. evildice

evildice (Verified d4)

The Entities have been upgrading their shards for billions of years. We see Eden doing some of that in Fortuna's interlude, for example, with her precog clusters.

Having a 16-year-old monkey suddenly able to out-perform them at the one thing they've spent billions of years doing would be a bit of a wank, and the not the good kind of wanking (which goes in the NSFW thread).

18. The Rat

The Rat I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah but they have been going to the monkeys because they lack creativity themselves.

They been getting better at there one thing and maybe someone else might accidentally come up with a clever idea.

There big thing is centralized computing and decentralized computing is a little different without being too different for the Entities to understand.

ParaDXThrowaway and Ragura like this.
  19. Prince Charon

Thinking of yet another Taylor alt-power: She goes by Hecatoncheire (which I hope is the singular of Hecatoncheires), because QA gave her supermultitasking and a psychokinetic Shaker field. Basically, think of the vectors from Elfen Lied, but she has about ninety-eight of them, that she is individually aware and in control of.

20. Ajlove

Ajlove Getting sticky.

Why 98?

21. Prince Charon

Because the name means 'hundred-handed one.' I probably should have linked to the wiki article on them, as well.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020