1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Silence and Scars.

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Mr. Rogers, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Title Card.
    Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers A Friendly Medic-Guard.

Would You Notice If Someone didn't cast a Shadow If they're limbs where just lightly to Long?
    If they had just a few too many teeth and their eyes just slightly too Besatially for comfort?
    How many time have you passed Something in the Streets and just never noticed it?
    -Deer Teeth.

You sit in a cold, concrete room. An uncomfortable metal folding chair has been chained to the ground in front of a small metal table. A pair of fluorescent bulbs illuminate the room in a stark white light. The metal Cage around them casts shadows that give the room a slightly sinister look. There's a single solid metal door, a large Mirror along the wall opposite of your chair, and a single Camera in the corner above the door. The entire room smells like vaguely like Lemon scented Dawn.

The door opens.

A Dumpy middle-aged man wearing a tan blazer, slacks, and a pair of leather dress shoes sits down across from while reading a file. It has your name at the top. He is silent for a moment before he closes the file sets it down and starts speaking almost casually.

"There are 7.7 billion beings living on Earth at this moment. Some go to school, Get Jobs, Get Married, and Die. Others Kill, Sacrifice, and Destroy until they are put down. At some point in time in the past, your Family was the Latter. Ain't that, right Girly?"

He looks up from where he was inspecting his fingernails and sighs with exasperation.

"Well, Anyway you're lucky we're the ones that picked you up! A lot of people out there would have tried to kill you on the spot or worse."

He chuckles and leans back in the chair he pulls out a cigarette. The box is a light green and says Grand Prix on the side he pauses for second and then looks at you.
    "You mind?"

-Yes.
    -No.

"Anyway, I just read your file but, If you wouldn't mind stating for the boys at home-" he says while jerking a thumb towards the camera. "What you are?"

Race Selection: This, obviously is a very permanent decision. I'm using the race's I am for reasons I chose. They all will have the same format-
    Race:
    Abilities:
    Tells:
    Weaknesses:
    Abilities are whatever your race gives you at the base. You may gain more as time goes on or you might not but, these will stick with you forever.
    Tells are things that those..."Observant" few can use to identify you or things that may give you away to the greater populace.
    Weaknesses are things that your race are particularly allergic to.

Race list:

Race: Reptiod
    Abilities: Weak Telekinesis(Less than Five pounds of pressure.) ESP (Sixth Sense.)
    Tells: Double Blink, Slit pupils, Forked Tongue.
    Weaknesses: The Cold.

Race: Devil-Touched
    Abilities: Weak True Sight(Able to Pierce weak illusions.)
    Tells: Goat Pupils, The Brand.
    Weaknesses: Blessed Holy Symbols. (AKA Church Cross's and Church Grounds.)

Race: Possessed-Human
    Abilities: Resistance to Possession, Out of Body Experience.
    Tells: Cold Skin, Dead Eyes.
    Weaknesses: Holy water, Salt.

Race: WereWolf
    Abilities: Improved Strength, Improved sense of Smell.
    Tells: Wild Eyes Smell of Wet Dog.
    Weaknesses: Full Moon, Silver
    Ability/Weakness/Tell: Beast Shape.

Race: Ghoul
    Abilities: Claws. Mimicry. Minor Shapeshift.
    Tells: Sent of Death, Dead eyes.
    Weaknesses: Holy Water, Silver.
    Weakness/Tell: Need to consume Dead Flesh.

[-Write in.]
    Race:
    Abilities:
    Tells:
    Weaknesses:

[I'll allow Write-ins but, only after being vetted by me. Please, PM me your Race Sheet above before posting it.]

The Mad Ghoul likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: CS
    Mr. Rogers

Reserved for Character Sheet.

The Mad Ghoul likes this.
  3. Marlin

Marlin wishing to read another story deleted for profit

What quest type is this? The vote choice with one choice in a majority, or the one valid choice per player (roleplay)?

Mr. Rogers likes this.
  4. Mr. Rogers

Majority Voting. Whichever option gets the most votes is what'll happen.

5. Marlin

Marlin wishing to read another story deleted for profit

[] Race: WereWolf
    -[] Abilities: Improved Strength, Improved sense of Smell.
    -[] Tells: Wild Eyes Smell of Wet Dog.
    -[] Weaknesses: Full Moon, Silver
    -[] Ability/Weakness/Tell: Beast Shape.

I'd prefer to be a werelion, with a full shift into a lion form. Preferably Nemean Lion The other choices don't speak to me.

[X] Race: WereLion
    -[X] Abilities: Improved Intelligence, Improved sense of direction,.Improved defense
    -[X] Tells: Gold Eyes, Riddles.
    -[X] Weaknesses: Sirens, Diamonds
    -[X] Ability/Weakness/Tell: Beast Shape.

edit: aww screw it, only live once.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Mr. Rogers likes this.
  6. Banarok Lionrage

Banarok Lionrage The Royal Noodle

Rule by cool says werewolf but they are essentially useless in modern society unless we want to be a labourer, but their weakness is also easily remedied by getting a dog for explaining most our tells by.

Reptoid is the most powerful option out of the box but also have pretty glaring tells but can somewhat be explained or fixed by moving to a place with a tropical climate and using sun glasses (with fslse prescription ofc so you have a explanation for having them indoors.)

[X] Race: devil-touched.
    Reasoning go as follows, devils are known for their deal making and writing binding contracts is a good ability to have, not being tricked by illusions (false knowledge) let us make more informed choices it might also lead to more common devil powers such as pyrokinesis or abilities that corrupt peoples thoughts with vices, like making someone angry enough to cause issues or causing someone to be jealous of another person and then we can capital on that by stroking their ego.

Don't underestimate true sight, in a world with multiple hidden horrors about being able to pick them out efficiently and then either blackmail or "befriend" them looks like a efficient way to climb the social ladder..

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    The Mad Ghoul and Mr. Rogers like this.
  7. The Mad Ghoul

The Mad Ghoul Only Mostly Dead

[X] Race: Ghoul

Mr. Rogers likes this.