1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spitfire Quest (Worm x D&D) - Quest Thread 1

Discussion in 'Questing' started by evildice, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

[X] You want those keys tonight. Sneak out with Yuu and meet the locksmith guy.
    [X] You dream of the sea dragon's pearl.

evildice likes this.
  2. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Write him how you like, and don't sweat the small stuff. He seems fine to me.

evildice likes this.
  3. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Cool.

Do you want to also vote?

4. Guile

-[X] Given your age, it shouldn't be too hard to sell it as a high schooler wanting to get up to (non-paying) mischief after hours, or to meet up with her boyfriend (here played by Yuu) on the roof during classes, or something. Nothing that would really interest (or pay) this locksmith guy.

[X] You dream of the bridge to heaven.
    This one and the Barge of Night both sound too cool.

evildice likes this.
  5. john doe

john doe Not too sore, are you?

-[X] Given your age, it shouldn't be too hard to sell it as a high schooler wanting to get up to (non-paying) mischief after hours, or to meet up with her boyfriend (here played by Yuu) on the roof during classes, or something. Nothing that would really interest (or pay) this locksmith guy.

[X] You dream of the generous thief.

I want to say their is nothing worth stealing in our really shitty school but we do have a computer lab so that's probably untrue

evildice likes this.
  6. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

[X]mention that you don't have any plans at the moment, you just want to return the originals before they are missed.
    but since you have them you might as well get a copy for yourself for the future after all isn't school all about planning for the future.

[X] You dream of the sea dragon's pearl.

evildice likes this.
  7. Threadmarks: 1.2 - Locksmith Visit
    evildice

[X] 6 You want those keys tonight. Sneak out with Yuu and meet the locksmith guy.: (Guile, Jack of Olives, 1986ctcel, Drak4806, Sheaman3773, Bailey Matutine)

[X] 3 You dream of the sea dragon's pearl.: (Jack of Olives, 1986ctcel, Drak4806)

☲ ☲ ☲​

"This is a terrible idea," you whisper to Yuu.

"Stay cool," he hisses back.

evildice rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 9+5 = 14
    For: Stealth
    Rolled on: May-06-2015, 10:38pm

… vs. DC 12 (person on duty taking 10)

You sneak out of the orphanage.

The snow crunches under your boots as you follow Yuu through the woody overgrowth between the orphanage and the Best Western hotel's parking lot.

"You're parked in there?" you ask, your breath billowing.

"Yeah. The lot's shared with the Dunkin and the Flannigan's. Nobody checks."

"Smart."

"You know it."

He leads you to a Vespa, and opens a compartment under the seat. He pulls out two helmets, offering one of them to you.

You don't take the helmet. You stare at the Vespa. It's been painted in a patchwork, presumably covering various areas where it's seen repair. It's not rusty, so far as you can see, but it does not inspire trust.

"This. This is your ride." Your tone is more frigid than the night air.

Yuu just looks at you, holding out a helmet.

"I'm going to freeze my ass off."

"It ain't bad." He puts down the helmet on the bike's seat, zips up his leather jacket, and starts to put on his own helmet. "Button up and hold on to my back!"

Exasperated, you grab the biker helmet from the Vespa's seat, and pull it over your head. Ow! Right, ponytail.

"Fuck. Give me a sec. I need to adjust."

"Hah! Girls always spend too much time on hair."

"Don't make me set you on fire." Oops. You change the subject. "What happened to your car?"

"Insurance, it's too expensive. I got a ticket. I had to sell the car before the next inspection."

"That sucks."

"You know how it is."

Yeah, you do. "Okay, I'm set."

"Let's go!"

☲ ☲ ☲​

Yuu is tall, his shoulders are broad, and his body is a more effective windbreaker than you'd expected. Your hands, though. They're very cold. You will want better gloves if you do this regularly.

Especially when he crossed the river. You're not sure if it's the high speed of the highway or being up so high or being over the water, but wow. Brrr. Not happy fingers.

They're not entirely numb when Yuu turns off of Mohegan Avenue Parkway onto Richard's Grove Road, and then pulls to a stop in front of a two-story brick storefront. The store looks closed, but Yuu chains up his scooter and gestures to the alley behind the building, where you see some light.

You follow.

As you walk, you pay attention to your gait and bearing. You figure Yuu's "friend" is probably trying to rip him off, or scam him somehow, so you try to make yourself as intimidating as you can: resolute, commanding, implacable, and not willing to take shit from anybody. You try to project this as you follow Yuu through the store's back door.

"Hey Johnny! I am back!"

"Well well, ain't it nice to see Yuu again." The voice — presumably Johnny — is condescending and oily.

Yuu doesn't react. Perhaps he's used to such treatment? "Always great, Johnny. I brought my friend."

"Let's see who we got here."

You walk in.

evildice rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 13+8 = 21
    For: Intimidate
    Rolled on: May-07-2015, 03:23pm

… vs. DC 14

You give the locksmith's back room a once-over, casing it like a joint you're going to rob. It takes you barely two seconds to flick your eyes over everything of value, and then settle on Johnny.

Then, you look at Johnny. "Nice place you've got here."

"Yeah. Thanks." His oily condescension is gone.

You take control of the conversation. "Yuu said you wanted to meet. Was there some problem with the keys?"

"No problem. I just wanted to know, uh, to meet the buyer."

"Here I am. Are the keys ready?"

"I got 'em, yeah," he rallies, "But see, it looks to me like you's planning a thing."

You gaze at him impassively. Intimidating-ly.

He falters, but carries on. "Yeah, so see, I wanted to help out my buddy Yuu here, an' I can't do that unless I know what's up, you know?"

"You think there's gonna be some action."

"That's right. Yeah. An' I know Yuu ain't up on all the details we got about all the local situation. You feel me?"

evildice rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 9+6 = 15
    For: Streetwise
    Rolled on: May-08-2015, 01:22am

You don't know what he's talking about, but whatever. It's probably not important. "I hear you, but here's the thing. Those keys aren't for a job. They're just for my personal convenience."

Johnny looks at Yuu accusingly. "That ain't what you told me."

Yuu puts up his hands defensively. "H-hey man, I only said maybe. It maybe was something. That's all I said."

evildice rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 18+12 = 30
    For: Diplomacy
    Rolled on: May-08-2015, 01:01am

… which is enough to get Indifferent to Helpful

You put a hand on Yuu's shoulder, never taking your eyes off Johnny. "It's not Yuu's fault. I didn't tell him all the details. The action I'm looking at needs some locksmith tools. Yuu says I can trust you, Johnny."

"Of course you can trust me." The oil in his voice is back.

"Great." You step forward. "Show me what you've got."

☲ ☲ ☲​

Once you guided Johnny to focus on selling you a lock picking set, rather than ripping you off for the key dupes, you were able to conclude the deal fairly and extricate yourselves from the Archer's Bridge Lock Shop.

You also learned that Yuu owed Johnny's boss some money, and he hoped you'd consider them when it came time to choose a fence. Though he didn't say it quite that politely.

In total, the keys and lock picking toolkit set you back $120. You give Yuu $20 for helping you, and for gas. You have $30 left in your pocket.

You daydream about warm, fur-lined gloves all the way home. And a fur-lined hat. And a cashmere scarf. And what the hell, a mink coat.

☲ ☲ ☲​

evildice rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 4+5 = 9
    For: Stealth
    Rolled on: May-08-2015, 01:47am

… vs. DC 12, whoops.

Apparently you're still daydreaming when you try to sneak back into the dorm room.

"Ahem," comes the voice from behind you. "What are you doing, coming in at this hour?"

It's Big Al. He's not dumb. Fuck.

evildice rolled 1 die of 20 faces, total: 9+12 = 21
    For: Bluff
    Rolled on: May-08-2015, 01:51am

vs. DC 16

"I'm sorry, it's my fault." You react swiftly. You don't want Yuu to talk. "I asked Yuu to drive me across the bridge. I wanted to do some shopping, but everyplace I could afford was closed, so we just got donuts and coffee and came home and I'm really sorry, it won't happen again."

You try to make your lie sound like a guilty confession, hurriedly spilling out. From Big Al's expression, he buys it. You don't let your relief show: you maintain proper contrition for the duration of Big Al's silent consideration.

"You look like you know why that's a bad idea, Emily."

"Yes, sir. I do."

Big Al sighs. "Get upstairs. We can talk about this in the morning."

Fuck. Better than waking up the dorm mother, though. "Okay. Thanks. Goodnight."

"And you. You're supposed to know better, Yuu."

"You know me, I can't leave my kid sista in distress." Not bad, Yuu.

"Enough staring, Emily. Upstairs, now."

You reluctantly leave Yuu and Big Al. You still don't entirely trust Yuu, but you can't plausibly stay. "I'm going."

You go.

☲ ☲ ☲​

You're asleep soon after your head hits the pillow, sinking into your bed's soft embrace. The blankets above you are a soothing, cool pressure. The depths of the mattress inviting, and you swim deeper, swishing your long, sinuous tail as you descend.

The light above is a discomfort, the gold of noon pressing through the depths where it ought not venture.

Your pearl pulsates, warm in the grip of your fifth claw.

Suddenly, the sea is gone, vaporized in a golden flash, and you rise with the vapors, for you are sea and storm, wave and wind, rain and river and ocean. You ride the building thunderheads, but you do not partake in the storm's fury, for what you see leaves you aghast.

The Heavens are empty. The lands are burned to ash. The sea, your sea, has been boiled away to nothing, and there are none to forfend this catastrophe.

You raise your pearl, and in its silvery surface you see your own scaly face reflected, your horns and whiskers distorted as the pearl's surface wobbles, ripples, and stretches.

Around you, the clouds roil. Below you, there is only destruction. Around you, naught but desolation. Not a single leaf of the peach-trees of immortality. Not a scrap of the parchment of the sutras.

If even the Celestial Emperor fell, then there can be no hope through power.

The pearl expands until it is your own image, large as life and half as dangerous. A world-shattering power, and you throw it away as nothing more than a decoy.

The mountains tremble, and a thousand peaks erupt with the boiling blood of the earth, and ash clouds twine among the skyward ocean vapors. You are in luck. You race from peak to peak, seeking an optimal congruence, a place where a balance of the five elements clash with sufficient power, a place of harmonious violence.

You feel a phantom pain, a pang of injuries done to another. Your pearl is in combat.

There! The mountain erupts with burning liquid metal, lashed by rain and wind, and a thunderbolt strikes. You ride the lightning out of this dead and dying Earth, and even as you leave, you feel your decoy shatter.

The combat was brief — pathetic even — but it may have been enough.

You may have avoided pursuit from the golden doom that scoured your world.

You slither through the darkness between worlds.

But the darkness won't let you go. It twists around your hands, your neck, and you can't move, you can't escape, you thrash and —

You wake up, your hands entwined in the sheets, your silver-scaled fingers each gripping a golden coin.

☲ ☲ ☲​

Ding!

☲ ☲ ☲​

Luckily, you seem to be the first girl awake again.

You hurry to the bathroom to take a look at yourself.

Woah.

Your face is unrecognizable, a mask of perfect silver scales.

You concentrate, and the scales shimmer into ordinary skin. Excellent. You make them come back. You make them go away again.

You're feeling pretty good about this.

Then you realize: you're a silver-scaled dragon-like pyrokinetic in Lung's city.

Well, fuck.

☲ ☲ ☲​

Select ONE of the following:

[_] Getting scolded by the dorm mother for sneaking out: take your punishment like a man.

[_] Getting scolded by the dorm mother for sneaking out: weasel out like the Rogue you are (write in how).

Select ONE or TWO of the following:

[_] It's a school day and you aim to misbehave: write in your plan.

[_] Acquiring funding via "honest" work: look into parahuman employment.

[_] Acquiring funding via gold sale: visit a pawn shop.

[_] Acquiring funding via gold sale: talk to Johnny Green.

[_] Acquiring funding via gold sale: write in your plan.

[_] Acquiring funding via thievery: write in your plan.

[_] Returning Mr. Rivera's keys: sleight of hand them into the Lost & Found box.

[_] Returning Mr. Rivera's keys: write in your plan.

8. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

[X] Getting scolded by the dorm mother for sneaking out: take your punishment like a man.
    [X] Returning Mr. Rivera's keys: sleight of hand them into the Lost & Found box.
    [X] Acquiring funding via honest work: look into parahuman employment and the wards.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    evildice likes this.
  9. evildice

Sheaman3773 likes this.
  10. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

[X] Getting scolded by the dorm mother for sneaking out: weasel out like the Rogue you are (write in how).
    -[X] Is anyone's birthday coming up? Clearly, we got them a present early this year, but the dorm mother doesn't know that... having to sneak out to the shops would at least give us a reason to be out and about with Yuu, our ride.

RP! Actual details when I spend the time to think of them, or copy off of someone else's good plan.
    edit: Guile's plan it is.

[X] Returning Mr. Rivera's keys: sleight of hand them into the Lost & Found box.
    [X] Acquiring funding via "honest" work: look into parahuman employment.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    evildice likes this.
  11. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[X] Getting scolded by the dorm mother for sneaking out: take your punishment like a man.

evildice likes this.
  12. theImmortalGuardian

theImmortalGuardian Versed in the lewd.

evildice likes this.
  13. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

And with that I noticed something and clarified things, I have now dropped the quotes from honest because I actually wanted honest work. I also added a bit on investigating the wards, really though I'd expect being from DnD they'd be more opposed to being a villain then the norm, I mean evil heroes are a relatively common thing there but the villains have the distinct tendency to lose for a variety of reasons pretty much all of which are relevant here. That and I'd really rather we tend towards the heroic side, even if it's an anti-hero because we're a massive property damage causing rogue and all I'd still prefer not to be a villain.

evildice likes this.
  14. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

We could probably weasel our way out, but this way shows maturity. No sense abusing our Social-Fu for everything.

For lack of a better idea.
    Does joining Faultline's Crew count? Either way, we may as well put our powers to use (and get some Exp :D).

evildice likes this.
  15. Guile

[X] Getting scolded by the dorm mother for sneaking out: weasel out like the Rogue you are (write in how).
    -[X] Is anyone's birthday coming up? Clearly, we got them a present early this year, but the dorm mother doesn't know that... having to sneak out to the shops would at least give us a reason to be out and about with Yuu, our ride.
    We could disguise our criminal misdeeds as more typical teenage behavior, but I don't think we need to pull that one out on the first time caught. Ditto for throwing Yuu under the bus to save ourselves.

[X] Acquiring funding via thievery... against the gangs.
    -[X] Maybe not looking for the old red-and-green or the triple-E tattoo right off the bat... but drug pushers are pretty thick on the ground around Winslow, trying to hook young customers. Identify a few and keep an eye on them, looking for opportunity. If they leave the goods unattended, well, free money. If they're in a crowd, ripe for pickpocketing. If they're alone... well, maybe it's time for the debut of wundercape Emily Hood.
    After all, it's not wrong if you steal from bad people. Watching that old japanese cartoon with Yuu about the midget sorceress beating up bandits taught you that.
    Probably overly paranoid, but better not for him to even know you 'found' them.
    ... Bro, do you even Rogue?

evildice and Jack of Olives like this.
  16. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

Just playin' the long game, man.

No one expects the 'trustworthy' one. :cool:

SETIFAN and evildice like this.
  17. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

[X] Acquiring funding via honest work: look into parahuman employment and the wards.
    -[X] Especially the Wards. They may have some ideas on how to spin this potential situation with Lung so that nobody gets hurt. After all, they've got a whole PR engine just for things like this.

Jack of Olives and evildice like this.
  18. john doe

john doe Not too sore, are you?

We are a Rogue, we need to do roguish things :D
    [X] Acquiring funding via thievery... against the gangs.
    -[X] Maybe not looking for the old red-and-green or the triple-E tattoo right off the bat... but drug pushers are pretty thick on the ground around Winslow, trying to hook young customers. Identify a few and keep an eye on them, looking for opportunity. If they leave the goods unattended, well, free money. If they're in a crowd, ripe for pickpocketing. If they're alone... well, maybe it's time for the debut of wundercape Emily Hood.
    You don't get bad karma stealing from bad people, fallout taught me that :cool:

evildice likes this.
  19. Daeth

Daeth Know what you're doing yet?

evildice likes this.
  20. evildice

I'm using a vote-counting program and your vote gets discarded. ... was confusing.

The program does seem to pick this up, transparently.

Cool.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  21. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

It does work. It exactly copies that person's last vote before you say their name, copying any edits. You need to use their full exact username though.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    evildice likes this.
  22. evildice

Nah, it works fine just how he did it.

23. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[X] Guile

evildice likes this.
  24. subsider34

subsider34 Versed in the lewd.

evildice likes this.
  25. rooster

rooster Succ

evildice likes this.
  26. massdefect76

massdefect76 Getting sticky.

[X] Guile

evildice likes this.
  27. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Generally vote tallies don't mean that the vote is closed, they are just a way to inform the voters and you where the vote currently stands.

Only you have the ability to say whether the vote is closed or not.

28. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

I'm not sure how anyone would think voting was closed when you haven't said it was closed, but sure. Tally gone.

evildice likes this.