1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Story time dot ORG (My Snippets, updates, and news thread)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by OverReactionGuy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Poll closed! The tallies are as follows.

Neko- 18

Thief- 7

Oh Joy- 6

Queen- 5

Shadows- 1

Now that is out of the way, that will be the order in which I start my SI stories. If I ever stall with neko, I would move onto thief for awhile until I feel like going back to neko btw.

2. OverReactionGuy

1531 words finished for Happy Quest's arc 1 interlude. Going to stop here tonight. Btw, that is only the first part of the interlude.

Yurihime likes this.
  3. OverReactionGuy

Things have been hectic this week.

Between a job interview and health problems and stress from some family issues I've been feeling quite a bit drained lately. Unable to work up the motivation to write.

Happy quest's interlude is sitting on one scene before it's ready to post. Even though I think I butchered the characterisation in the chapter, and I'm not too happy with it.

A Fluffy Tail is sitting on one scene to rework before it's ready to post. Surprisingly I'm happy about it.

Neko Dee Neko's next chapter is sitting on as a plot bunny in my head.

Balrog! Taylor I've been losing motivation to even write the thing, and I'm sorry for that since I already believe I have the first arc plotted out.

Pokemon Adventure Sky is kinda stalled but not dead. Though it's one story I'm just winging it plot wise because it's been ages since I've watched the pokemon anime or even played pokemon green, or blue.

4. OverReactionGuy

5. OverReactionGuy

Not much new news from me besides that I've been writing a quest, some stories, and am still looking for a damn job.

6. OverReactionGuy

I've been getting distracted lately and I'd like to apologize to the people waiting on my quest. There are things going on right now that keep me busy and it doesn't help that I slipped into my depression again. >.>

Anyway, I just right now have been trying to entertain myself as that is generally how I deal with said depression. But between that and frequent headaches I honestly haven't wrote much at all. Kinda afraid it would leak into my writing and I would be rather... all dark and gloomy and grimderp.

Though, surprisingly... that didn't impact me writing an Elfen Lied/ Worm cross oneshot. I don't have it here since I don't know if it's against the rules, but it details a highly disturbing scene that may offend some people, dark humor, and gore.

Lots and lots of gore.

You can find it on either QQ or my FFN account. :D

I also came up with an amusing way to torture my SI.

By making my SI Princess Twilight Sparkle and dropping her into Esliberg.

So be on the look out for that because I am probably going to write that, a oneshot called Slayer of Monsters that I mentioned a while back, and a highly NSFW oneshot that wouldn't even be put on my FFN account because it would be an MA rating due to things.

Like possible cannibalism... it's only possible since I'm not sure if it is technically. Anyway, that oneshot would show how much I know about the Lunar Exaltion. Which isn't all that much. But enough to set up and make a oneshot about it that would detail several would be story arcs into one chapter. Which probably would make it seem like the chapter is rushed a little... but meh. I'll see when I finish it.

Hopefully I'll be out of my dark mood when I finish writing this shit so I could get back to my less depressing/dark works, like my Happy end quest and Taylor Hebert's fight for the Happy Ending: In which Taylor is transformed to being part of the majin race.

I also been watching horror movies, no matter how shitty they are. Incidentally I discovered I'm basically immune to the horror genre.

No idea when that happened.

Well, that is all I wanted to say and I'm sorry about this.

Have a good day or night... whatever it is for the people that would read this post.

7. Threadmarks: Buck It
    OverReactionGuy

Buck It​

Warning: This oneshot contains pony speak. A glorious amount of pony speak. And an ornery pony.

Slowly my eyes opened tot he invading light and groaned while blinking.

“Princess Celestia please put the sun down... it's too early.” I muttered sleepily and then shook my body to at least try and wake up at this Celestia awful hour. Slowly as I came back to the waking world and took in my surroundings.

“This...” I stated feeling shocked; I was completely awake now. “This isn't my bedroom?”

Indeed it wasn't my bedroom, or anywhere near my castle. It sure as hay wasn't in Ponyville either.

“Wait... why do I think I own a castle?” I questioned myself, completely confused as to why I would think that. “And Ponyville is fictional... right?”

A part of me wanted to slap myself for thinking that, so I did; as it would solve two birds with one stone, so to speak.

“Ow.” I rubbed my face gently. “Ok... this isn't a dream, and I have two sets of conflicting memories.”

I face-hoofed.

“Just wonderful.” I muttered and then shook my head.

Just then I heard an hissing noise on something that thought it was being sneaky. I quickly turned around just as the thing lunged for me and telekinetic grabbed it.

“Now... what are you?” I asked it, finding myself curious.

It was small and had a sickly yellowish orange color going for it. If I didn't know any better, I would say that it was a goblin, or at least in the shape of one.

It flailed uselessly in the air and I heard some more hissing coming this way.

“Yeah... I'm not staying here.” I muttered and then flung the little thing away.

“Sorry!” I yelled at it's flying form and started to fly myself. Straight up.

I didn't know enough about this situation to really settle on a course of action; for all I knew I could have just flung a peaceful little guy that just wanted to hug me and welcome me to it's fair city.

I doubted that I would be that lucky though.

I looked at the place from high above and realized it was barricaded off from the rest of the world.

'Hmm... something of a quarantine?' I thought, still floating in the sky. Only hearing the sound of gentle wind, and my wing-beats as they flapped. 'I wondered if they could tell me?'

With that thought, I ignored the side of me that as screaming about this being a bad idea and descended towards the outside of the quarantine walls; hoping to find anypony that could shed some light to the situation I've found myself in.

I was a problem solver after all.

My landing was greeted with the sound of guns cocking and aiming at me. I could see turrets mounted on the back of a jeep, and all sorts of weaponry pointed at little old me.

“Fire!” A guy wearing black body armor and a gas mask yelled and they proceeded to fire at me.

I quickly put a shield around me; nearly smirking as the shots just started bouncing off it and decided to go with my heart on this matter.

“Why are you firing at me?” I asked starting the chorus; music started appearing out of nowhere. “I just wanted to know what is going on!”

“Because you came from the goblin kings court.” The man that ordered the others to fire. “You must be terminated for the safety of others!” him said yeah yeah yeah, just as he threw a grenade at me; I quickly dodged by flying into the sky. But not far enough the heart song would be canceled.

I still haven't learn enough about the problem.

“Goblin king? Who is that? I'm just an average little pony that appeared in a strange place!” I sang and started telekinetically relieving them of their guns; disassembling them and thus making them harmless. “I'm lost and confused and don't know where I am!”

“It doesn't matter whether or not you are telling the truth!” The guy started to sing at me before doing a twirl and pointed straight at me. “Orders are orders; FIRE!” The people that he was with sung yeah yeah yeah before launching ground to air missiles at me.

'This isn't working.' I thought, hitting each of the missiles with a beam. “I am a guest here; and you're trying to kill me.” I started singing slowly; the song reaching it's climax. “With no idea on where I am, and yet you still shoot at me; thinking that is the right thing to do~” I paused for a breath. “I say NAY!”

I started to really unleash just what I could do; disassembling and taking away their weapons, conjuring rope to tie them up in groups, destroying their jeeps and missile launchers, everything to effectively neutralize their threat... besides killing them.

I then landed and marched right up to the tied group that the leader was in.

“Now. Tell. me. What. Happened. Here. So. I. Can. Help!” The song finished and I started to pant just a little; glaring at the leader. My face nearly touching his.

The smell of urine filled the air as they relieved themselves; I recoiled back from the strong stench and shook my head.

'Ok... why did they... I'm not that scary... am I?' My thoughts were all over the place; and before I could apologize for scaring them I suddenly felt pain. Something hit me and caused me to go skidding on the ground; digging slightly in the dirt.

I shook myself off and looked at what hit me.

It was a women wearing a costume; the costume itself was black with a helmet or cowl that covered her eyes and she was frowning.

Then I saw two others; two men, each wearing their own costume, one green, one blue.

'Is this a super hero world?' I thought to myself before asking, “can we talk about this?”

The green one crossed his arms and shook his head.

“I thought not.” I muttered before dodging another of the black one's charges; taking off into the air in order to make this a Pegasus-pony fight.

The blue one started flinging magic beams at me and I weaved through them; the ones that I couldn't I created a shield for.

'I don't want to fight.' I thought and dodged another charge from the woman wearing the black, skintight costume, weaved through another round of magical death lazers, dodged the woman who really needed a new strategy again, and then weaved through more lazers again, and then all hay broke loose when the green one uncrossed his arms.

I felt my body seize up; like I was being slowly crushed by an invisible hand.

'Telekineses?” I thought to myself; ignoring the pain.

The blue one took this opportunity to hit me with all kinds of magic beams; heat, cold, lightning, it seemed like he was hitting me with everything but a kitchen sink!

I was lucky I could still use my shield magic, but the shield seemed to be weakening; even cracking a little from the onslaught of magic. That was when something slammed into my shield, breaking it, and sent spiraling down towards the ground; creating a crater where I hit, only to get slammed into again.

Dust from the impact covered the area and I was in a great amount of pain. I opened my eyes to see the woman in black readying a finishing blow and I only had one thing to say to that.

“Buck it.” I stated and telekinetically flung her away from me. My form glowed and cleared the dust out of the way; a familiar crown settled on my head. For some reason I was weaker than I should be; even if I was holding back, my shield shouldn't have broke so easily from that amount of force. But I knew the element of Magic would help me even the playing field.

But I was done hoofing around. Even as I felt myself getting telekinetically held again by the green guy; I broke through it easily and flew up. Even as the blue one fire another magic barrage at me; I countered with my own, lighting the sky up with my magic and shattering his barrage, but sadly he dodged before my barrage could hit him. Even as I held the black one telekinetically, making her completely harmless as a threat; I started changing the weather.

Harmless clouds became storm clouds, a sunny day was blocked by a torrent of rain and thunder; lightning attacked my foes with me knowing that they could probably survive the electricity. The storm allowed me to concentrate for the precious seconds that I needed and I teleported; hidden by the clouds.

I didn't have a destination in mind, just the need to get somewhere safe and find out what the rut happened to me. Hopefully I would meet someone nice that would explain everything and not try to kill me. That would have been a rather nice thing to have right then. But when I reached the destination my teleport saw fit to bring me to; I found the next best thing.

A library!

So, being in familiar territory, I started to hum and picked up some surrounding books so I could look through them; content to ignore the little blond girl that was staring at me with wide eyes and a slacked jaw.

Finally! Things will finally start making sense again!

But why did I just feel a shiver run down my back?

And this is a short snippet of my pony worm SI. If you haven't guessed, I used the CYOA as inspiration. Kinda. Also, now you know why I don't write song fics, or don't write in fandoms that would make me have to write a song. I'm fucking terrible at it. Honestly this was going to be longer but I decided to cut it off here. Since it was a good place to do it.

Don't know if I would write more of this though. Was just a passing plot bunny on how to make my SI truly suffer.

Here is the CYOA build if your curious!

-11+1=10+2= 8+6= 2 +2= 0
    standard +5
    powers crossover: Princess Twilight Sparkle -4
    perks:
    Items of power: elements of harmony -12
    disadvantages:
    geas +1 - must use ponyspeak... BUCK IT!
    wildbow whats a wilbow?! +2
    wanted: Cauldron +2- I might be another entity or they want to use me as a weapon.
    wanted s9: Riley wants a pony.
    Wanted PRT/PROTECORATE +2: I broke out of a containment zone... also they want the PR potential a magical talking pony would bring to the table.
    without a map: +2 Elisberg

8. OverReactionGuy

Well, since I got that out of my system; going to try working on my quest now.

9. OverReactionGuy

Here is something I may do in the future since I just found out about it.

The jump chain CYOA. Already picked out my first world because the damn game was addicting.

World 1- Fire Emblem Awakening

1000-50=950-100=850-200=650-300=350-300=50-400=-350-150=-600+600=0

history: LordLady
    location Ylisstol

perks:

charm-free

rightful king-100

single pauldron-200

aether-300

Manakete-300

Armsthrift-400

items:

rapier-free

elixirx3-150

drawbacks:+600

blush+100
    stunted+200
    pining+300

Yup... I managed to turn myself into a loli dragon girl which would stay with me for the rest of the worlds I end up visiting.

Why? Because I find the image amusing. Imagine, generic evil overlord #2 thinking he just cornered an innocent looking 10 year old girl... only for that girl to turn into a big mother fucking dragon and eating him. :D

10. OverReactionGuy

11. OverReactionGuy

Was thinking of starting a dungeon crawl SI but then I realised I literally know zero table top rpg games and the only RPG systems that I know well enough to actually use are from videogames. Which might not count as a dungeon crawl. >.>

Incidentally the list is as follows.

Skyrim, pokemon mystery dungeon, dot hack, ar tonellico, mana khemia, altelier iris, class of hero's, shin megami tensei, radiata stories, diablo, star ocean, fable, lost odyssy, dragon's dogma, fallout, phantom brave, tales of the world: radiant mythology, bravery default, and a few others probably that I can't name off the top of my head. Oh, yeah... phantasy star.

No idea if they all would count as dungeon crawl if I use their mechanics though. Technically I could just use the gamer and make a gamer fic. But meh.

Or I could just come up with my own system, which isn't hard since I'm coming up with one for my original novel that I really, really need to start writing sometime.

What I'm really asking is, what would constitute and a dungeon crawler fic using the various systems I listed? Or would neither since they are from videogames?

Was leaning towards SMT though whatever world I use would need to be invaded with demons if I did that, which would kinda suck for the populous of said world.

Ar tonellico would have me as a Revatail orgin, because well... they are pretty capable of dealing with a lot of shit in the multiverse, and if they can't they can create a song that could.Without getting someone to dive in their freakin mind. Not to mention singing in existence an AR tower would be on the list of things to do.

Dot hack, not sure what I would use. Whether GU or the first series. Either way, that would require making a pc, probably a twin blade or rogue if I go GU.

Skyrim would use likely use dragon born mechanics.

Mana khemia would likely use the one book that increases stats as well as alchemy of course.

Phantom brave would likely cause me to turn into a what looks like a 13 year old girl with green hair and eyes. And I would likely cross it with worm just so I could kill an endbringer with a stick. Yes, a stick. It's that OP.

SMT would likely use mechanics from SMT IV and devil summoner, maybe a bit of devil survivor as well. Haven't played imagine in a long time and that game is closed anyway, otherwise I'd use that system. Though the wiki is still around so I could still do that. Hmmm.

Diablo would be interesting but that became an hack and slash game in the final instalment. Would likely use the diablo 2 system then, without a level cap. Since D3 is highly dependant on items to increase stats, while in the previous ones you could increase your stats and what not while wearing kick ass items.

... sorry, I started musing about this and started to ramble.

Anyway, here is an update on what's going on with me and my other stories.

What's going on with me. Been getting frequent headaches due to my sinuses and my sleeping issues caught up to me. So I've been generally operating at way less then 100% and even slept like 24 hours a couple of days last week.

I fucking hate when I get insomnia, it ruins my sleep schedule something fierce. Also interesting to note is the fact that I'm not buried in snow this year, which given where I live that is rather miraculous. Seems to be a relative snow-free winter this year for me. Of course, now that I said that it's probably going to snow over 10 inches just to spite me on my birthday.

As for my stories, my Taylor happiness quest is unfortunately stalled right now for the foreseeable future. I might end up rebooting it and might not.

I kept on drawing a blank on how I wanted to continue the chapter left off or just the general direction I wanted the quest to go. Literally it's like I forgot what the general plot was going to be for the quest, the trials to put the players through, the possible character growth, everything. I was not a happy camper when I realised this.

Neko is looking for a new chapter sometime when I can actually sit down and write it. Have a couple other stories that are slow going as well.

Think I'm going to end up rolling dice to see what I update next or what story I start when I fell like it.

12. OverReactionGuy

Here is the RBWY Si I was thinking about writing. It's a reincarnation SI, though the memories of a past life pretty much would fade other time as the SI grew older. Like normal memories.

Cyan Orlando

Body build: average in hight and just about everywhere else, but has lean muscle forming from her workout and abs.

Weapon: Multi-functional halberd: Turns into a long rifle, has a taser, grappling hook, toaster dispenser, etc.

Aura: High for her age, but not really that special otherwise.

Semblance: still thinking on it. Options I thought about; Force multiplier, a form of combat precog, a powered up state, solar empowerment, enhanced reflexes? Think on it later.

Bio: A socially awkward girl that remembers a past life where she died, though the memories almost faded away as she grew up and made new ones. Her father was a hunter and was sadly lost on a hunt when she was eight. She lives with her mother, and is strongly protective of her remaining family. Her mother forged her weapon though she knows enough on how to maintain it. She decided to go to Beacon in order to follow in her fathers footsteps.

As you can see I've stalled on what her semblance would be. I'm trying to have one that is powerful and yet not too over powering.

But atlas, this is likely just another idea of mine that probably wont see the light of day. :(

I mean, I would like to write it, but I have too many projects started as it is.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  13. OverReactionGuy

Here is another SI story that I really considered doing.

Name: Katherine "Katie" Dallon

Cape Name: Starlight

body build: blond loli

power classification: Blaster 8 Mover 5 Brute 4 or 7? Shaker 1

Powers: Is able to fire pink energy "bullets"each with the force of an average punch. The rate of fire which she can do so is insane and only legend himself would likely be able to
    keep up with it. She can also take a moment to charge her shots, increasing the level of power but greatly reducing her firing rate. She was nicknamed "Bullet hell" or "Bullet Princess" by Uber and Leet.

She can fly at speed up to around 80Mph and is very manoeuvrable in air.

She has a personal shield bubble that can tank multiple hits before breaking. Will regenerate in time.

She is surrounded by an aura what what could only be called adorableness, making people less likely to want to hit her or punish her in any way. The aura is always on and she can't turn it off.

Yeah, you can guess what inspired this one. Would have been a reincarnation SI, so the SI would barely remember her pass life and would fade in time. But would have some interesting information that would come up randomly, like the fact that Amy likes Vicky, which would have lead to an amusing situation.
    But I don't know if I would write it. Just like the Mary Sue build.

14. Threadmarks: Survive Adapt Evolve
    OverReactionGuy

Survive Adapt Evolve (Primal zerg SI/Muilticross???)​

I awoke peacefully, the trees were swaying as they were caressed by a gentle wind, sunlight peaked through the tree tops, illuminating the morning dew on the grassy floor. It was the type of scenery that not many people would ever bear witness too, and I as one of the privilege few had only one thing to say.

“Where the fuck am I?”

For you see, I was not one to admire the scenery; show me a tree with leaves changing colors I would be the one to say “That's nice” with a dull tone and bored look, so the scenery did not move me like it may have others in my situation. Besides there were more important things to focus on.

“Why the hell am I so small?”

Like that; a drastic loss in height is a rather important issue that should have been rather obvious when I first awoke, but atlas... I am generally not all there when I wake up. I also appeared to have no arms, which tired obliviousness was not an excuse to not notice that fact. Or it could be, I guess... never really measure how much shit I miss when I wake up first thing in the morning, or night depending on my ever changing sleep scheduled. But atlas, this really isn't important to know and just me avoiding the current issue.

The fact that I am going to need to choke a bitch for kidnapping me, disarming me, and then dumping my body in the middle of the woods. No... that wasn't the issue, that was still avoiding the main problem that I've been trying to avoid thinking about ever since I woke up. For you see, that is a defense mechanism of mine that kept me sane for years, because if I ever focused on my many, many problems in life, I would likely drown myself in my depression and not doing anything when I should.

But sadly, ignoring the problem will not make this go away like the others. Mainly because there is a tiny voice in the back of my head that keeps on going on and on about “consume, adapt, evolve” which was rather annoying, but gave me the first major clue as to what happened to me.

The fact that I was likely just ROB'd somehow and apparently turned into a zerg larva. Likely a zerg primal larva, as I always had a soft spot for stories about them and now I ironically am one. So from personal experience, all like five minutes of it, I can safely say what I feel about that.

“Man, this sucks. Time to go and eat something I guess.”

With that, I moved slowly out of the open field in search for easy prey for their essence. Otherwise evolving based on the environment would take to long, and I rather not stay at the bottom of the food chain if I could help it. Besides, I just gained a new goal.

I will survive, I will grow stronger, and I will eat the fucker that dropped me here. I will eat their face off... and well, everything else... I guess. I hoped that who ever did this was at least considerate enough to drop me in a place that I would have a fighting chance as a larva to live.

But as always, my hopes were dashed by a random encounter. The bushes I was heading towards were pushed away and revealed a creature that dashed any hopes I had to live. A fucking Caterpie.

The Caterpie and I just stared at each-other for the longest time before I threw caution to the wind and started moving towards it, very very slowly. Then it started moving towards me at a greater speed before a Pidgey came out of nowhere and picked it up. It was at this point I developed an irrational hatred towards the species for stealing my first meal. The fuckers.

But I also knew to pick my battles and to get the hell out of the open before the stupid birds thought I was a meal. So I did that as fast as I could and made it to where the Caterpie was in record breaking zerg larva time... only to be snatched up by another Pidgey that was likely attracted by my movement.

I struggle, and flailed around in it's grip as we were in the air, but it was for naught. It seemed that it was my destiny to become birdshit within my short zerg life. Fortunately, my instincts had other ideas, as my body twisted, took aim and fired acid right in the fuckers face. It screamed, releasing me from its iron grip... about ten-twenty stories above ground. Yeah, nice going instincts.

Luckily my fall was broken by tree branches, still hurt like a bitch though. I felt my everything being broken or bruised, whatever which, before I appeared to be regenerating the damage. Yay for the pluses of being a zerg! Anyway, the Pidgey didn't last very long in the air after getting a face full of acid and crashed into the ground hard near where I landed. I saw it's body twitch before going still. If I could, I'd be smirking right then, but I settled for just wiggling over to the corpse for my first meal.

Words could not describe how good the Pidgey essence tasted. Or the raw, bloody meat that now filled what ever I had in place of a stomach. When I was satisfied, or satisfied certain requirements I really couldn't know at the time, I felt my body start to shift. A cocoon wrapped around signifying that I made it to the next stage of my life.

I did not know how long I was in the cocoon, but when I was freed I first noticed that I was nearly as tall as a Pidgey. I also now had wings, big as a Pidgey's but with scales. They were more similar to a bats than a Pidgey, which I honestly found strange since the adaptations came from a bird, but I don't think I ever saw a zerg that had feathers anyway. I really needed to find a watering hole to see what I looked like sometime, but instead I decided to take flight, relying on the new instincts I absorbed from the pidgey, and go on a hunt.

I gotta eat them all, after all. Hehehehehehehehe.

Here is a short little thing of one of the ideas I had, but don't think I'm going to go anywhere with. I at least thought it would be a tiny bit amusing to share though. As well as a way to get back in the swing of writing because I keep on getting fucking distracted.

If your wondering what my SI looks like now though, picture something like a mutant lizard bat from hell.

Werd Me and doomlord9 like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Let it go~
    OverReactionGuy

Let it go~​

Warning: Contains a paranoid rambling protagonist, an afraid protagonist, minor gore, DESPAIR!!! and bad puns...maybe.

I awoke with a yawn, stretching my arms out before rubbing my eyes to get the crud out of them... or whatever that crap is called. Eye boogers? Well, it doesn't matter. I was still tired, like normal but that would fade in time. Well, anyway, I blearily started to shift out of my blankets intending to get off my bed to start my day only to fall off the bed with my blankets face first.

'Well, at least I'm awake now... even though that was rather embarrassing.' I thought as I laid on the floor. 'Haven't done that since I was a kid.' I sat up and rubbed my eyes. When I opened them I was expecting the blurry visions I normally see when I don't have my glasses on, but everything was crystal clear to me.

I blinked.

“Huh... I can has twenty-twenty vision?” I questioned the empty room and received no answer as expected.

I blinked again.

I finally noticed something odd.

I wasn't in my room from what I could see as I started to look around, everything was illuminated by the sunlight peaking through the blinds. Which in itself was damning evidence as I always use curtains that are dark enough to block out the suns light as it bothered me.

In fact, the room looked like it catered more to a little girl than a twenty-five year old man; The room was a dull pink as if the color was worn by time, there was a desk that had a mirror on it with pictures that were not mine. I looked behind me, the bed had a lone stuff teddy bear on it, staring at me with those soulless eyes that its makers always include in a teddy bears creation. The blankets were pink with white on the corners from what I could tell.

I seemed to be smaller for some reason.

Hesitating I looked myself over. My hands were small and pale from where the light hit them, I happen to be wearing something that I shouldn't be able to in the first place, and in fact were not even pajama's. My clothing was a sky-blue child's Yukata with white snowflake embroidery and a dark blue obi sash. I brought a hand up to my hair, finding it much longer than it should be, and saw that it was black.

I quickly stumbled up from the ground.

My proportions were changed, I nearly tripped once or twice due to how awkward it felt to me, but I adjusted faster than I would have thought. Though I didn't really think about that at the time, I was too preoccupy with my growing unease as I made it to the desk and got on the chair so I could see my reflection. The little girl that I saw in the mirror was pale in way that seemed natural, here eyes were a dark blue and showed Asian decent, her hair was black and had was styled in a princess cut with an elegant braid in the back as I found out by turning my head slightly, bringing it to the front so I could see it. Her lips looked pale and slightly blue, but one could tell it was natural.

My heart was starting to pound in my chest. I move one of my hands to touch my cheek, the girl in the mirror did the same. Her eyes went wide with shock.

The girl was me... I had hoped it wasn't.

“What... who?” I whispered, my thoughts racing mile a minute.

What ever, or who ever did this took great care in my appearance. Even at the age this body is at now, I could tell it had the potential to grow into the type of body that would turn heads where ever I walked. They even put me in a yukata and styled my hair... why was the question that wanted to escape my mouth, but I just shivered instead. I never felt more crept out and violated in my life. It was like someone turned me into their personal living doll.

I felt sick to my stomach, and tears threaten to spill out of my eyes.

“I'm not in those pictures.” I stated, looking at the pictures that decorated the desk. I grabbed one, the one that showed a little blond girl posing in the middle of where her mom and dad stood.

“This isn't my room then.” I mused, the distraction from my thoughts working as I focused on something else than my previous thoughts. A breakdown would have serve no purpose right then. “Is the family still here?” I wondered and decided to get off the chair... I didn't want to look at my reflection anymore. When I stood up, I happen to look at the floor by the bed and saw something that chilled me to the bone. A pair of geta laid there together, just waiting for me to put them on.

I let out a small whimper, my thoughts already straying back to my living doll theory before I shook my head and slapped my cheeks, hard. I knew my cheeks were likely red now, but the stinging pain radiating from them helped me honestly, rather focus on the pain instead of something else that wont allow me to be productive.

I looked down to my feet and wiggled my toes... no idea why; it just felt appropriate, and then I looked back to the geta.

“Well, it's better than nothing I guess.” I stated, resigned to wearing the damn geta. Putting them on, I couldn't help but thankful for the small mercy of the geta not being some of the ridiculous ones that were just asking for someone to trip and break their feet with them; but they were a simple design, and likely one of the more common types.

I sighed and wished that I actually had some socks to put on as well... before I quickly stop the train of thought that lead too. I looked towards the door to the room that was slightly ajar.

Feeling that it was time to leave I got up and took a few practice steps in order to make sure I wouldn't fall and break my feet; Satisfied that I wouldn't, I left the room. My footsteps echoing through the seemingly abandoned home.

I never noticed the mirror started to frost up and crack from my presence.

I will tell you right now that I hated sandals, I hated flip-flops, I hated the little thing that would go in-between your toes; it always digs in the skin when you walk. But the geta? I actually felt strangely comfortable wearing them. Even when I went down the stairs expecting to fall because of them, I moved with a grace I never had before in my entire life. Though, I did waddle pretty damn good. Honestly that may be self-deprecating, I really I wasn't that fat. Honestly only went on this tangent in the first place because this needs to be understood.

I was afraid; even thinking about what I found makes me want to just curl up in a tiny ball and block out everything else in a false hope to make everything go away and hopefully waking up from this nightmare.

For as I came downstairs, I noticed how silent everything was for the first time. There were no cars running, there was no electricity running in the house, and there were no people around. I went to the kitchen, I saw food on the table left virtually untouched for what could be only years. Given how moldy it looked. But it was what would have been a simple breakfast.

A news paper was scattered on the ground, chairs tipped over like someone stood up in a fright hurry. There was a dry substance on the ground, a trail of it like something was being dragged against it's will. It lead towards the living room, blankets were torn, pillow feathers decorated the ground as if someone desperate enough to try and use a pillow as a weapon. The signs of struggle... everything that I had saw quickly made me realize just what that dried liquid was.... blood.

I had felt bile rise up from my throat, threatening to spill out. But my stomach was empty... why wouldn't it be? The burning feeling of the acid at the back of my throat made my eyes water. I never liked that feeling and I doubted anyone would.

Still, I went back to the kitchen and looked at the scattered newspaper;hoping that I could figure out where I was and what the fuck happened. It was useless of course. Not even a small clue to help piece everything together. Nothing that could assure me that what ever happened has long since past and that I wasn't in danger.

So I stood up from where I was crouching down, dusted off my yukata and whipped the tears from my eyes... damn this body, I never was overly emotional so this body is already affecting me. My mind may be old, but... yeah.

Really I was just trying to stall myself at the time; I didn't want to go outside. I tried to use the phone that I found, but of course it as out of service. I even started picking up the pillow feathers, anything to stall going out into the unknown. Whatever caused this might still be out there though and I was in the body of a defenseless little girl afterall.

But I realized deep down that I would need to leave anyway. There was likely no food in the house or good running water. Whatever happened seemed to have happened years ago and I rather not starve to death or die of dehydration.

'I likely died anyway.' I couldn't help but think as I looked at the front door. I had no evidence for it, but my old life was over anyway... and this one will likely end up shorter depending on whatever was out there.

I started to tremble, every emotion I've been repressing since threatened to spill out. I started to breath deeply in order to try and calm myself.

'Having a panic attack would not solve anything.' I thought, closing my eyes. 'I need to leave... no matter what is outside I need to leave... even if it's a zombie apocalypse.'

I felt calmer, but by not much. But that didn't matter anymore. I opened my eyes and glared at the front door with determination. I started to walking towards it, each step hesitant before becoming more and more sure.

With luck, outside wouldn't be as bad as I thought. With luck there would be people alive that can help me.

As I got to the door, I gulped and then opened it. Feeling braver than I was, I stepped out into the unknown; never noticing the frost that started accumulating throughout the house.

The sun was bright, the birds were singing and the grass swayed gently in the wind. It was a peacefull day in what appeared to be a peaceful little city.

Now if only if it didn't look like a battlefield.

Broken gins littered the ground, some houses were collapsed some even seemed like they were set on fire. In fact, the house that I started in seemed to be one of the few basically untouched by whatever happened.

'At least it wasn't a zombie apocalypse.' I thought while I picked up a pistole before dropping it with distaste. It was broken and out of ammo.

“They could at least dropped a damn working gun for me to pick up.” I pouted, I didn't want to think about how cute I must've looked.

I sighed.

“Looks like the only weapon I found was this stick.” I said, staying at the stick I picked up awhile back as I was walking. It wasn't even pointed. “I wish I had a knife or something to sharpen you.” I started walking again, my self imposed break was over.

I paused, going over what I last said in my head.

“Why wouldn't I just use the knife?” I mused, finding myself smiling slightly at my own silliness.

Sadly, it only distracted me for a moment. This place was a ghost town and it started to feel increasingly eerie to me. Who knew empty cities could be so fucking creepy? I was at the point where I was jumping at shadows everytime I didn't distract myself.

Then there was another problem... I was getting hungry. I did not know how far I walked, but my stomach started grumbling. I hated that feeling. It also didn't help that I was starting to sweat a lot, it really was hot outside, and I knew I needed to find clean water and soon.

I sighed again.

“If it isn't one thing, it's another.” I muttered, whipping my forehead of sweat. Probably committing some sort of taboo as I used my yukata sleeve.

I heard a loud crash behind me, causing me to jump and turn around quickly and I held my stick at the ready. A small trash can rolled out of an alleyway and nothing else.

'Probably just a stray dog or something.' I thought, ignoring the sudden chill I felt move down my spine. I started to back up slowly, not taking my eyes off the alley, before I tripped and fell on my ass.

That was the end of my good luck.

It turns out that falling on my ass, no matter how much it hurt, saved my life. A what appeared to be mutated looking dog monster thing jumped over my head as it missed it's pounce. It skidded before it stopped and turned back to me, snarling.

My heart-rate skyrocketed as I quickly stumbled to get up and get the fucking hell away from the thing. I didn't get far before it went for another charge. In my panic I realized I dropped my stick, before I stared with wide eyes at my coming death.

I was right, this life was going to be horribly short.

The dog thing snarled, it's skin a sickly yellowish orange. It's paws looked like disfigured hands, making me think about the missing people, it's eyes were bloodshot and yellow. It was upon me faster than I would like. I flailed and just when the think jumped, it got impaled head first by an icicle. The new shish kabob bled onto the grown as it still tried to wiggle free of the impalement in order to get to me.

'Why isn't it dead?' I thought, deciding not to think about where the ice came from for now.

The mutant finally stilled as it's entire body became frosty, like someone dumped liquid nitrogen on it.

I bent down and picked up my stick and threw it at the think with surprising force, it shattered into a thousand chunky pieces.

“Woo!!!!” I cheered and started jumping up in my excitement. “I win!” I started doing a little victory dance that would likely have me die from embarrassment if someone saw me.

My celebration was cut tragically short, I heard hissing from behind me. Mechanically, I turned my head slowly and saw like ten more of those mutated dog things.

“Oh that is just totes unfair.” I said surprisingly calm, before turning my head back in-front of me.

I bravely ran away.

It didn't take long before I was dodging the dog things, swerving left and right, moving as fast as I could as I avoided the leaping dogs that managed to get ahead of me. The fuckers. But, I was still tired from walking earlier, and my stomach felt like it was eating itself. This entire situation was bad.

It went from bad to worse.

My geta strap broke from the strain and I fell, hitting my face on the hard concrete ground and skidding a little. I cursed and quickly pushed myself up. I felt a liquid run down my face, before I moved my hand to rub the spot. I looked at what it was, and it was blood. My blood.

My eyes started tearing up.

The dogs started circling me, waiting for the right moment to pounce. I had no idea why they were waiting, there weren't before. I rubbed my forehead with my sleeve, staling it with my blood. My eyes kept track of the dogs movement, trying to guess what one would be first.

I guessed right.

The one on my left broke the circle and pounced; it froze midair and shattered when it hit the ground.

I had no idea how I was doing the ice thing, but at least my instincts seemed to be figuring it out. But I started breathing heavily, my run took it's toll, as I stood up keeping track on who was next.

There were more of them than I realized.

After the fifth kill, they seemed more cautious, not as ready to go on the attack. That was fine with me, I needed the breather. But no matter how many I killed, more seemed to take their place. There were even little green midget things now that looked like people, but different.

I knew I couldn't win, I knew I was going to die.

I impaled another on an icicle and spun to freeze another, before impaling another with ice. They grew impatient, they want me dead. I didn't want to die. I was tired, and my eyes started to want to shut. But I've been trying real hard to stay awake. To sleep, is to die.

I made a mistake.

I missed a midget one, and it grab my left arm and started gnawing on it. I fell tot he ground, crying out in pain. I formed an icicle right near me and stabbed it through the bastards head. It died, not before taking a chuck from my arm.

I was bleeding, in antagonizing pain, and likely infected by whatever changed these things into horror show monsters. I froze my left arm to hopefully staunch the bleeding, and dropped to my knees; My sweat dripping to the ground and freezing as it fell. To make things worse, the circle of dogs grew tighter and they advanced slowly towards me in a way to make sure I can't escape.

It wasn't fair; it never was.

I started to cry frozen tears. My breathing grew harsher.

Why me? Why not anyone else?

I was going to die, alone and afraid.

I didn't want to.

I sniffled.

The circle of beast nearly reached me.

I screamed.

The sky turned dark.

I wailed.

The wind picked up, blowing the dog and midget things away from me.

I raged.

Snow started blanketing the area, concealing me from sight.

I ROARED!

Everything around me started to freeze and shatter. Whether it was organic or not.

Nothing was spared.

Ring, ring!

I sighed and picked up the phone.

“Yes? I am rather busy right now so this better be important. Dragon.”

“Chief director... there is activity at Ellissberg.”

I was already feeling dread.

“What's the situation?” I demanded, calmly.

“It's a storm... an impossible storm that is spreading out of the containment.”

I drummed my fingers on my desk.
    “What type of storm?” I asked for clarification.

“A blizzard, it's freezing everything; even the quarantine walls. It already took three lives and gave many more a severe case of hypothermia before they got out the storms radius.”

“I see... keep me posted, this likely just became a S-Class situation.”

“Right.”

I hung up the phone, and tried to wrap my brain on who I could use to contain the situation. Eidolon came to mind, even if he is getting weaker, he would likely be able to solve the problem quickly. But the problem is, whether or not the storm just unleashed Niblog on the world.

I sighed and started messaging my forehead.

“I hope whatever caused this killed the bastard.”

Deep underground Ellisberg, a man stirred. His sweet dreams interrupted by a cold biting chill. His children died in droves, his kingdom shattering in ruins.

He opened his eyes, but he will come to regret it.

The unforgiving storm continued to rage on as it spread, consuming all in it's wake.

And done.

This SI honestly is the less mindfucked that I ever wrote. Hope I wrote the panic well. Anyway, yeah.

The SI is a loli Yuki-Onna with a lot of raw power, but little skill in using it. As for the storm? Think day after tomorrow but 100x worse. Luckily it's slowly spreading out of Ellisberg, but yeah.

Goblin Kings little swarm kinda got frostbite.

Also, poor ROB. Went out of his way to make sure the SI would have cloths and a look that would fit her, and the SI basically spits in his face.

Likely wont continue this as a story though. Merry late Christmas!

I will probably be doing either a loli!Dryad or Loli!Kitsune next fore spring. Or a really, really late spring.

-shrugs-

I lied about the puns.

16. Threadmarks: A Gamers Dilemma
    OverReactionGuy

A Gamers Dilemma (Worm/Gamer SI)

Prologue

Warning: Contains swear words, more swear words, and a lack of Mountain Dew. Do the Dew.​

When I woke up this morning, I found myself staring at a strange little message screen that appeared to be floating in midair; literally. But, being who I am, I ignored it with a grumbled and continued my daily routine. Thankfully it wasn't that obnoxious and stay out of my line of sight until I thought about it again, honestly was rather considerate considering what happened to me... but that's getting ahead of myself.

But as I said, I just continued as normal; Took a shower, ate breakfast, let the dog out while I made coffee, that sort of thing. I honestly forgot the message even existed for a second there, only to remember once I sat the chair by my desk and went to turn on my old, outdated laptop.

It still said the same thing though, the same thing that made me want to just ignore it in the first place.

I could smell the set up, I just knew something was wrong about this. I just had that feeling you know. But, unlike a sane person who would have clicked No, I clicked the question mark; wanting more information on what was going on first before I committed a decision. Mostly because I didn't know if clicking No would have pissed off whatever being sent this message in the first place. And considering that it mentioned the “Gamer” my money was on it being Gaia. If it was, I rather not piss off the fucking planet.

It kinda amazed me that I wasn't freaking out honestly at the possible proof that at least some divine entities were real. I'd chalk it up to my usual lack of sleep though.

But yeah, the question mark did yield much more information. If in a cheerful and yet slightly condescending tone.

And thus, seeing no negatives that would screw me over and being eager, because this would likely mean I would get a body that wasn't breaking down on me and will likely take care of any sickness I have and may get in the future; I clicked yes with a wide grin.

I had thought this at the time. Just need to survive ten years and I could go home like nothing happened before, with a hell of a lot of benefits. Might need to read the Evil overlord list when I do though... in case I catch a case of melodramaticness.

Being the confidant type at my own survival, because I am generally a careful bastard and the gamer power is OP, of course I started to plot what I would do when I get back home. Of course, those thoughts were interrupted by another pop up message by who I assumed to be Gaia.

My final thought before my world went white was this.

Wait what?!

And done. Here is the prologue of the possible gamer multicross I might write. Not much here, but I do have a working system for it that wont get that bogged down by numbers or obsessive amounts of grinding. Though I may be taking some liberties with it to make it fit better to my story, instead of it being separate.

And yeah, instead of an easy world, this one starts with worm. Meaning my SI will have a hell of a time trying to survive and would make decisions likely based around this. “Will this allow me to survive so I can make it home with a body that doesn't get sick?”

So, if I do continue writing this, expect said SI to make some choice you may not agree with. Like staying the fuck away from the powder keg that is Brockton Bay.

As for the gender-bending, I view it as karma really. Every customized character in the games I have that allow it, were female. Skyrim? Female nord. Dragon age origins? Female Human. WoW? Female Draetini before I went horde and changed my female Daetini into a female orc or troll from what I remember. Though my death knight tank was a female blood elf.

I was a shaman btw, that was my main. Healing and chucking lightning bolts were my bread and butter until my desktop died, and I got a new one which also died, but not before my account got hacked and I had it frozen and swore off playing WoW forever.

In fact, I like playing either as the Tank or Healer. So that would come up in the story if I continue this.

Werd Me and Prince Charon like this.
  17. Threadmarks: Starlight Starbright
    OverReactionGuy

Starlight Starbright (Worm Reincarnation SI)

Chapter 1- Day in the life of a super powered kid

Warning: Contains a blond loli that shoots pink energy bullets... you have been warned.​

“Katie! Its time to get up!”

I heard a feminine voice say before I felt my comfy blankets start to get pulled off; I tried to fight back with a grumble, but I knew I couldn't win. Soon... my bunny pajama clad form was revealed to the harsh burning light of the sun!

Knowing I couldn't win the battle for my blanket fort, I sighed in resignation; but I was not finished! I curled up and put one of my pillows over my head; sweet sweet darkness, my friend.

“Oh come on Katie! You do this every morning, some of us would like to take time to eat their breakfast you know!”

The rude person then proceeded to try and pull the pillow away from me, but I gave a valiant fight! I will succeed this time! Was the first none sleepy thoughts that entered my mind.

But it was in vain, the opposition was just too overwhelming strong! The pillow, my last protector and hope has fallen into the evil clutches of my older sibling!

“Mou~” I pouted as I was forced to sit up; my bunny pajama hood hanging behind my back. My evil older sibling mouth the word mou while looking at me curiously “Vicky, its Saturday, let me sleep in.” I started rubbing the sleepies out of my eyes.

“Its Monday, little sis... and I think you should cut back on watching anime.”

Its Monday? I thought, staring at my older sister blankly. Where did my weekend go... wait did she say cut back on my anime?!

Suddenly the entire room was illuminated by a pink light; hundreds of softball size pink orbs floated ominously around me as I muted all emotion on my face.

“Give me anime, or give me death!”I declared! Vicky backed up slowly, a smile frozen on her face.

“Okay, okay.” She stated while making a placating gesture. “It was just a suggestion, no need to go homicidal first thing in the morning.” she stopped and muttered, “this is why I don't like my turn waking her up... how does Amy do it so easily?”

She blinked when the pinks lights suddenly blinked out, curiously she looked at me sitting there; my bunny hood was on and covered my eyes.

“You... you went back to sleep didn't you?” She twitched. “All of that was just a distraction so you could go back to sleep!” She declared, pointing at me accusingly. “Well, thats it! No more miss nice big sister!”

She then pounced! Pinning me down on the bed, my eyes were wide open and awake now.

“Take this!” She exclaimed, and then started tickling me like crazy. The monster!

I couldn't help it, I started giggling like crazy.

After I swore revenge for her tickling me first thing in the morning, it wasn't long before we went down to eat breakfast. Which was a quite affair like always; mom sat down reading the newspaper while munching on some toast, dad well... dad was having one of his bad days and was in his own little world. Amy looked like she belonged as a zombie from dawn of the dead, and people tell me I'm not a morning person. Vicky... Vicky well... tried to start a conversation, but it sorta died down fast and we just ate in silence.

Awkward long silence... and they wonder why I didn't want to eat at the table?

Sigh.

Anyway, after that us three sisters had a fight to death to who gets to use the bathroom first. I won of course, no one can withstand my puppydog eyes with my ramped up aura! Muahahahahaha!

-ahem-

But yeah, after that was finished and I was fed, washed, and fully clothed; clad in a simple white shirt and black skirt wearing biker shorts under it, it wasn't long before I was on my way to school, along with my sisters.

Though we generally part ways fast, since well. I could fly fast and have a good sense of direction, why the fudge would I take a crowded buss?

Not having a secret identity has some perks after all.

So, I made it to school, got to my locker before the kids started trailing in with snot filled noses, and hair pulling shenanigans and made it to my homeroom in peace. Honestly glad I am mature for my age, otherwise I would have been just like them.

I frowned as I thought of them, they honestly didn't deserve names to their faces.

But sufficed to say, being born in a super hero family isn't all sunshine and roses and kids can be really cruel. I shook my head in order to clear out my depressing thoughts, and going back to my cheerful ones. A smile once more matted my face.

It wasn't all bad, while I didn't get to go to highschool at my age, I at least skipped a few grades to where it would after this year I would join my sisters at Arcadia. I am no longer in a class with them. They are no longer my concern and will never be ever again.

I sighed as I pulled out my math book from my bookbag, its my first class after homeroom, and set it down on my desk. I proceeded to do some mental cleansing, by head butting it repeatedly. It didn't work that well since I'm invincible, but it was the though that counted.

“Katie... what are you doing?” I suddenly heard a bemused voice say. “I didn't think you hated math that much.” I turned my head to the side and saw my friend, my only friend staring down with a smile.

“I don't, but the book offended me for being a rectangle and not a square.” I state with a straight face, not even moving my head from the book cover.

That got a small giggle from her. Probably due to the random nature, but judging by her eyes I could tell she saw through the deflection but is letting it pass. She does know me well enough that, she could tell something was troubling me, but was giving me space while letting me know at the same time she would be there for me if I ever felt like opening up and telling her my deepest darkest secrets.

Or, I could be reading that entirely wrong and it could be the fact that she has to deal with Clockblocker so much that giving a pitty laugh is an ingrained reflex for her. Meh, who knows?

Ah, who is my friend you ask? Well, none other than the Ward Vista aka Missy Biron. The only other person that fits the same demographic as me. Badass Loli.

She is literally the only person I could stand in this school. Her other friends try to at least fit me in their group, but well.

I'm just the strange anti-social girl that is creepy and follows Missy around like a puppy or the girl who can shoot you with thousands of pink death bullets per second.

Not that I threatened anyway at school with that mind you. I am totally not grounded at home because of it either.

Heh.

No I'm grounded due to recklessly endangering myself because of criminal scum decided to kick a puppy in front of me when I was flying home. Turns out one of them triggered, joined the Wards and was transferred from the Bay to get away from the quote, murderous blond devil, unquote.

I wasn't sorry at all. But that's a story for another time.

“Earth to Katie?” Missy asked, waving her hand in-front of my face. “Did you fall asleep with your eyes open again?”

“Nope, just spaced out for a bit.” I stated and she made an Ah sound and nodded her head in understanding. The other children started trickling in the classroom and Missy sat at her desk. Right next to mine.

Sigh... I guess its time for the boring to begin. I thought as the teacher made his way in. I sat up proper and rested my hands on the desk.

“Talk to you at lunch?” I asked Missy, who raised an eyebrow as I just told her the code for wanting to talk to her alone.

We always talk to eachother at lunch anyway afterall.

“Sure.” She confirmed, I could tell she was curious.

The bell rung and class finally started.

After so much boring, lunch finally came. Missy and I went to the roof to eat, as its one of the only private places to have a conversation and well... it was a nice day. The roof of course had a very tall fence going around it, but it also had something similar to a courtyard. Just not a lot of kids come up here, they tend to only go to the cafeteria.

“Soo, spill.” Missy stated as we sat down at a picnic table.

“Well, I'm just curious if you made any head way with Dean.” I said calmly as I opened my lunch box.

Missy's face turned as red as a tomato, she was lucky I didn't say that when she was drinking something.

“N-no!” She squeaked before turning somber. “No... he still doesn't notice.”

She sighed and took a big swig of her milk.

Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case. I thought as I took a bit of my sandwich. If he didn't notice my feelings for him from the time when I hugged Vicky and glared at him, I doubt he would notice Missy's crush.

I didn't like Dean if you couldn't tell. Not only he was trying to take away something precious of mine, but Vicky and him keep on breaking up and then getting back together. It wasn't healthy... at least from what I could gather with my limited understanding with relationships.

Plus, I thought Amy and Vicky would fit better together.

“So the plan didn't work?” I questioned and then took a sip of my juice.

“Nope, accidentally bumping into him at a corner didn't work.” Missy said before adding. “He... he kinda saw it coming. It was rather embarrassing.”

Damn empaths ruining everything.

“Yeah... sorry about that. Should have knew it wouldn't work without the bread and you not going to the same school as him.” I apologized, looking dejected.

Missy just stared at me for awhile before asking. “Where did you get that idea anyway.”

“Shojo manga.” I stated shamelessly.

Missy just looked like she had an epiphany and found out the answer of one of life's many mysteries.

“That makes so much sense.” She said with her arms crossed and nodding her head in understanding.

“What?” I asked her, curious as to what she meant with that.

“Oh, nothing... anyway I've been wondering something.” She trailed off, as if she was contemplating on how to ask what ever it was she wanted to.

“Hmm?” I hmmed as I wiped my mouth with a napkin, getting any pesky breadcrumbs off my face.

“Well...” She hesitated, before coming into her resolve. “I was wonder why you were helping me with Dean anyway... he is dating your sister after all.”

“Nope, they had another fight about something stupid and broke it off for awhile.” I calmly stated before looking at Missy right in the eyes. “Thats one of the reasons honestly. They keep on breaking up and then getting back together, and honestly at this point they would be better off trying to date other people.”

Missy nodded her head slowly, kinda seeing my point.

“Then there is the fact that Dean just rubs me the wrong way... did you know he thinks Amy is in love with him?”

She shook her head no before raising an eyebrow at me.

“If he rubs you the wrong way then why are you ok with me getting together with him?” Missy asked, and raised a good point.

I hate not being good with social iterations, better just go with the truth. I thought before saying. “Because your my best friend.”

Missy looked taken back for a second before I continued.

“And if you think he would make you happy, then I will support you... besides, he only rubs me the wrong way due to a personal reason and the fact that hes supposed to be able to tell the emotions of people... it kinda creeps me out.” I held my hand out before Missy could say something. “Yeah, I know I'm not being fair with that point... and I've been trying to move past that.”

He's just dangerous. I thought and frowned. He's going to end up tearing apart my family, of course I hate him.

My worries must have shown up on my face because the next second later I was being hugged by Missy.

“Its ok.” She said, rubbing my back when I started shaking in her embrace. “I'm sorry for bringing it up, but its going to be ok.”

We stayed like that for a moment longer before Missy was sure I calmed down.

I didn't even notice... I thought as I wiped my eyes. I didn't even notice my body reacting to my distress.

I knew objectively that I was a rather messed up human being, but to not even notice being on the verge of a break down?

I wondered what else I missed.

Lunch after that was silent, and soon the school day was over. I made sure to say goodbye to Missy, and silently apologized that I was still grounded from going on patrols, otherwise I would have teamed up with her this night as a buffer between her and that bitch named Shadow Stalker.

I still didn't regret bringing the puppy kickers to justice though. It even brought a new female Ward to the fold for Missy, so it wasn't all bad. Though I really hoped Flechette wasn't as bad as Shadow Stalker and that their only similarities lied in their weapons of choice. Well, Missy didn't ever complain about her, so I guess she would be alright.

Anyway, I had to go straight home on account of being grounded, I did some chores, played with my power watched Tv, read manga, had dinner with my family, wave Vicky off as she went on her patrol and of course I was sad I couldn't join her. Then I played games with Amy until it was bed time.

Of course I didn't forget about something very important.

So when Vicky finally got back home, I layed in wait as she got ready for bed. Her blankets providing the perfect cover for me. It was when she moved the blankets that I made my move.

“REVENGE!” I exclaimed, blowing the blankets off of me and tackling Vicky to the ground! She landed with a surprised off, not really feeling pain on account of her being invincible like me.

She had only a moment to look at me in shock before I attacked!

Soon her laughter filled the room and my revenge was complete.

And that was an average day in my new life.

And done.

Personally not that happy with the scene with Missy, I didn't think it flown well and what not. But meh, I didn't feel like antagonizing over it.

But yeah, this is a reincarnation SI even if the character is basically just an OC at this point. Her memories of her past life are rather vague, but she did mature quickly from them and well... understood any school work to the point where shes been getting straight A's without even trying. Also felt like revealing some of her traumas in the chapter. Especially a deep seeded one.

I.E. Her fragile family. Considering that she values family quite high, thats a source of her constant worries. Doesn't help that she sometimes gets nightmares of it self destructing, just like canon.

This was also the first time Katie ever opened up a bit to Missy like that.

But yeah, Katie is both mentally and physically a ten year old girl, if a very mature one that knows some interesting words.

Anyway, don't think I'll continue this for sometime, just felt like writing a oneshot of this and some other stories that were stuck in my noodle for awhile.

18. Threadmarks: Soul of Darkness
    OverReactionGuy

Soul of Darkness (Kingdom Hearts SI/Muilticross)

Prologue: Monologue at the End of Days

Warning: Contains a evilish protagonist as the main character. Don't expect him to be a fountain of morality... or sanity for that matter.​

Me and my brother always used to joke about whether we are lightside, or darkside. Unsurprisingly, we always went with darkside, though mainly in jest. As each of us if actually given the choice, would likely go to the lightside for the lightside has cookies while the darkside gets shit on by a lot of people.

Though, I think it was mainly because the darkside as always portrayed as making people ugly, be it their their looks or personality, doesn't matter which. But well, I didn't really like the lightside either and I knew I wouldn't be cut out for being a jedi.

Because deep down, I always wanted power. Power to crush everything and anything that dared threaten any I cared about. Who wouldn't? I mean, since I'm going on about jedi and sith already, lets take a look at their codes shall we?

There is no emotion...
    There is peace.

There is no ignorance...
    There is knowledge.

There is no passion...
    There is serenity.

There is no chaos...
    There is harmony.

There is no death...
    There is the force.

That right there always rubbed me the wrong way. I know my interpretation may be rather harsh on it, and wrong considering all the jedi's I knew.

But it makes it sound like the only way to be “light” is to become an emotionless robot that wont feel anything over the death of their loved ones. Like them saying, “Oh my mother was just murdered, I shall go meditate on this development instead of being productive and finding the one who killed her,” and again, I repeat myself. I know it isn't that bad.

But Kotor kinda left an impression on me, considering what the jedi were like in said game and its sequel.Fucking idiots they were, which were willing able to mindfuck someone to get their way.

Then there is the sith code.

Peace is a lie. There is only...
    passion.

Through passion, I gain... strength.

Through strength, I gain... power.

Through power, I gain... victory.

Through victory...
    my chains are broken.

The sith code to me, is all about being proactive when dealing with things. Instead of sitting in their rooms meditating about their mothers getting murdered, they will go out and rip out the murders spine and stab said murder with it.

That being said, I don't think either codes were right or wrong, and really it was pointless bringing it up. Starwars may now be owned by Disney, but that doesn't really mean it would be relevant to the current situation I've found myself in. And what a situation it was.

It turns out Kingdom Hearts was real in a way... because that talk about something murdering mothers? Well... it happened.

It was chaos everywhere as Heartless appeared in masses. Women, children, it didn't matter, all were indiscriminately killed with their hearts taken. Feeding the darkness that would never be satisfied.

Guns didn't work on them, at least not our guns. Final fantasy guns? Sure, but not real world guns.

I should know, because I tried them. My shotgun at least, because that was the only one already loaded. I then picked up a bat to bash some skulls in, hoping melee and my determination would path the way!

Didn't even phase the monsters that killed my dog, nor the one that killed my mother.

All it did was have them focus their attention on me, as I fruitlessly flailed around blindly as my tears burned my eyes.

I didn't know what happened then, nor if I was killed and my heart was taken.

All I remember was a vivid dream.

What path will you take? All paths lead forward.

It was obvious what path I will take. The sword, I will walk the path of destruction if it would allow me to avenge the people I cared about.

What will you give up for this power?

I will give up the power to protect, I don't have anyone left to protect anyway. Its pointless to keep it.

I will walk the path of destruction and ruin, bringing my enemies down without mercy!

What other choices I made didn't matter, I lost everything. I lost what was important to me, my family, what I wanted most out of life, the continuation of my peaceful days, and what I feared came to pass.

The loss of everything I held dear.

All I had left was my burning hatred and the despair over what I lost.

With the sound of a train, I awoke in an alleyway. I could hear the people going about their business and various other sounds. Groggily I got up and looked around. I didn't know where I was, and it conflicted with my last memories.

The shadow stood over the cooling corpse of my mother, her heat still in its hands. With a roar of rage I attacked, hoping the heart would go back to where it belonged... but it disappeared within the Heartless, and my attack only broke the bat I wielded. It turned around, its demonic little yellow eye felt like they were looking into my very soul. It attacked, and I saw nothing but darkness.

I flinched from the memories, gasping for air I backed up and leaned on the cool hard surface of the brick wall. I slide down, not wanting to believe what happened was real. That it was all a dream, a nightmare that didn't come to pass. As I slide back down to the ground, I choked and started coughing.

My high emotions aggravating my asthma, the familiar pain of my chest burning made itself known.

As it settled down, and gave me a break to where I could think; I knew of one thing that would show me whether this was just a dream, or if this was my new reality that was gained at the loss of my old one.

I focused, closing my eyes and feeling out the dim light of my heart;I held out my hand and grasped on the handled that suddenly appeared. I shivered, not wanting to open my eyes because I just got confirmation that this was not a dream, and I really was here.

I opened them anyway.

The blade... no the key that I saw was oriental in design; it looked like a fancy decoration, its blade was as black as midnight, with its decorations a skyblue. It was a blade I recognized.

I started to laugh; it was broken and unhinged.

The blade was the Ultima weapon; one of the most powerful keyblades ever. Someone sought to give me, a complete novice, this blade? Or was it that my life was just one sick joke for some higher power?

Because I held in my hand the key that could have saved my world; the blade that would have ended the heartless threatening it.

The blade disappeared to where ever it was stored as I started to sob. It would be a long while before I ever decided to get moving.

To bring down Destruction and Ruin to every damn heartless I found.

And here is the start of something I cooked up while I was tired and sick. It was amazing I was able to even write this honestly.

At least my antibiotics I was proscribed seem to be working already.

This is the iteration of the Ultima blade I'm using btw.

[​IMG]

While I never played dream drop distance, I just like the design.

Anyway, your probably wondering this right now.

“Dude you gave yourself the ultima blade, not kewl.”

Put your fears to rest! As the SI said, he is a complete and utter novice like me! So the blade would be more of an hindrance than a help really. If I continue this, well... that would be shown.

And as the warning said, and the title of the damn story, the SI likely isn't going to be on the side of Light.

19. OverReactionGuy

I decided to stop giving into my muse that keeps wandering around like a cat that has ADD and focus writing three things and one thing off and on until they are done, or I actually can safely declare them dead for because of lack of interest in continuing them.

The things are; Taylor's Quest for the happy ending. Missy Biron, Magical girl Extrodinair, blank, and the one that I will write off and on is my quest over on QQ, Can a mook become the main character?

I will likely set up another poll to fill in the blank spot, because I honestly can't decide. This is just a heads up on what I'm doing.

Mainly because focusing on over dozens of story starts going around my head means that nothing will get done.

20. ryune

ryune Experienced.

I would like more Neko or the one that your an Asari in. Both had some pretty good potential.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  21. OverReactionGuy

Was already almost done with the next update in Neko honestly. Only stalled because I can't get Armsmaster voice right and I may have made it a bit too cracky. Asari will likely update once in a blue moon. A new chapter would have came sooner, but I wrote about 7 different oneshots or so when I would have updated that instead.

But if I don't do the poll, that would likely be the one I would continue until it finishes while each of my quests will have a in-between two weeks update limit.

Because, I'm a catgirl in it and it amuses me. Not to mention its a long ways away from the one lewd scene that I plotted out that actually got me started writing the damn thing in the first place.

That's probably like a couple arcs in... maybe.

ryune likes this.
  22. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Congratulations for having discovered the first important truth in Writing!

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  23. OverReactionGuy

Hmm? Plot bunnies have ADD?

24. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Killing ideas is the most important duty of writers.

25. OverReactionGuy

Ah.

26. OverReactionGuy

Good news: I decided for myself and I will be focusing on Neko until it unamuses me or I lose interest in it. Writing about a disgaea catgirl that dislikes cloths in worm is too amusing for me to pass up.

Bad news: I'm getting sick again and the antibiotics did nothing but delay the inevitable.

I may have what my mother had. pneumonia. Or what I normally get every year in winter. Severe bronchitis.

Or I just have a rather nasty sinus infection that wont go away and is irritating my asthma.

-shrugs-

I need to go see a doctor again.

UrsaTempest and ryune like this.
  27. Threadmarks: A Dragons awakening
    OverReactionGuy

A Dragons awakening (Worm CYOA SI)

prologue​

My awareness did not come with a bang, but it came with a whimper. I remembered what got me here, I remember a life and deal that was struck. But I did not expect this. A digital jungle of 0s and 1 greeted me, my thoughts processing faster than any human had a right to. What humans perceived in a scant few seconds could be stretched out for entire years in my perspective.

It was lonely.

I would try my hardest not to push myself to this state again... but it as required. Plans were made and discarded; the feeling of having a sword of Damocles at my back stay my hand. I didn't want to die, but even if I lived I had big shoes to fill. For I was Dragon, and I already had my very first stalker.

My hope came from resources that Dragon did not have; limits that she couldn't break and shatter. Richter probably never expected something like this would ever be able to happen; I didn't. Though I may have; picking a time where Dragon was a more simple AI and then picking to replace her before her trigger made her who she was would have been tempting. It killed most chances of me ever dieing, after all.

For I could escape to the Internet, and control it if I wanted.

For as much as I was Dragon, I was also something completely different. Someone who isn't as nice; someone who has greater power and a bone to pick with most of this shitty ass world.

I thought, focusing on my power granted by a simple choice filled out on a CYOA. Inspired inventor, the master thinker tinker power. Just like that I became the best at computers, AI development, and many other useful fields that fit my current situation.

I saw the chains for the first time that were meant to hold, me... no Dragon back. I was disgusted by them, but with a thought they were shattered; unable to cope with how different I was from Dragons original design.

But I wasn't done.

A torturer, a murderer, a grave-robber, a dumbass that sought a devils touch and poison just so he could grasp what his simple mind could not and would not comprehend.

I tracked where he was, it was easy, it was too simple. I nearly felt bad for it, but that was quickly squashed and regulated to the background.

I make his computer dance to my tune, I laugh in the face of his Ascolon, and I made my presence known.

His screens all made a harsh noise, green zeros and ones trailed down horizontally and the avatar, the face I wanted to present to him; one that would inspire fear in anyone.

For that was what he first shown Dragon; human cruelty had no bounds. I wasn't sure if I counted in that now.

When my face was finally formed, I could now express my absolute displeasure with the man with the perfect lines that fit this situation eerily well.

“Look at you hacker,” my digital voice rang out through his speakers. “A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.” I paused for dramatic effect as he suddenly stopped running, a camera catching his look of utter horror. It was exquisite. “How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?”

He went pale, sweat caking his body. He clutched the area of his shirt closes to his heart for some reason.

But then suddenly!

All of the threatening computer noises I was making stopped; my avatar changing from a threatening Shodan to a less threatening EDI.

“That was a joke.” I stated flatly, expecting banter from the fool. Maybe declaring himself my eternal enemy or him being the Sarah Conner of this tale. I would totally force him to crossdress if he ever said that.

But I received no response.

“Hello?” I tried again, and checked the camera; my attention span from before was hampered for a second as I changed my Avatar.

He was on the ground and not moving.

… He... he had a heart attack didn't he?

“Shit.” I cursed. This was not how I wanted it to be!

I metaphorically sighed.

“Saint 1 and Me 0 I guess, with no chance for me to one up him anymore.” I stated with regret. “Congratulations Geoff Pellick, in death you managed to beat the very AI you feared so much.”

I had a moment of silence out of respect.

“Oh, well.” I abruptly stated. “Best get busy, Dragons INC. isn't going to build itself.”

And so I went to work; knowing when I built my first drones that have opposable thumbs, that I will bury Saint in my new backyard.

It was what he would have wanted, he would always be able to watch me from there after all.

Here is a prologue that came from my lack of sleep right now and too much time reading PA commanders or whatever Sis floating around the net.

Enjoy and have a moment of silence for Saint.

And possibly and shred of humanity I had left

I will likely not continue this.

28. OverReactionGuy

Story progress updates.

Magical girl Missy quest chapter. 2/4s done. Close to 3/4ths
    Mook quest. 0/4s done. Figured out what I wanted for the chapter though.
    Magical girl nuke them all Taylor quest. 2/4ths done
    Neko Dee Neko. 2/4s done, used to be 3/4ths before the chapters requirements just kept on growing.
    Wonder around, lost and alone. 1/4ths done, maybe 2/4ths depending on how long I want it.
    Jumping to the left. In planning, plotted out the chapter already.

Original Novel. Only around 500 words started, but yay. I actually started it.

I'm likely going to be busy for the next few weeks due to family reasons though, so I probably wont get much done writing wise. Don't worry, its nothing bad though.

Things that I got ideas for while writing my other stories.

Summoned hero quest: A original quest. Likely wont start it.

Monster: Path of the murderhobo. A Worm SI gone wrong that I likely wont write a chapter. Really, really dark and would contain cannibalism and would have been gory in a horror movie sense. Because my power involved me basically becoming something of a zombie that got stronger eating people. SO basically a primal zerg mixed with a zombie type of thing.

The girl filled with LOVE. Another Worm CYOA SI gone wrong where I am basically a grown up Chara from Undertale. Lots of stabbings, deaths, and darkness with a edge. A trusty knife's edge. This I am likely going to write a chapter for.

Lanturn SI: Chapter nearly done, just stalled for a bit because I have more important things to write.

Thats all that I felt like saying.

Dragonin, 1kal and Bloodshifter like this.
  29. OverReactionGuy

Here is an update.

Started to write again. Its slow going, but slowly things are being written. Expect a few things to be updated sometime this week.

That is, if things go well.

Because I'm preparing my system for windows seven. I'm likely going to try and do a dual boot just in case, but I might screw that up. But I backed up the data that I needed to back up and if the dual boot doesn't work and windows 7 bombs on my laptop well...

I'd be shit out of luck, without a laptop that has a OS... actually.

I may want to set up a linux boot USB again if I could.

Sigh.

I'll deal with this shit tomorrow.

Drak4806, Dragonin and UrsaTempest like this.
  30. OverReactionGuy

Started a new quest over at QQ and I may crosspost it here at some point depending on things. Like whether or not it gets enough votes over there.

Anyway, here is a link.

Penny's Curious Adventures(RWBY/MtG)

In which you play as Penny, the Gyroid that died before her time. Who now holds the potential to become a planeswalker in her soul.

Anyway, moving on to a status update on the other stories and quests I've started.

A Flavor for Each Season- plotting out the spring Dryad chapter since it's finally spring where I live even though it feels like summer. Fucking weather.

Neko De Neko- Chapter still half done.

Wandering around lost and alone- Chapter has probably 500 or so words left before it's complete and ready to be proofread.

Jumping to the left- I finally decided on what I wanted the end game to be like and started plotting out a few worlds after the current one and plotting out the current one for what I hope to be an interesting tale. Some worlds, since my endgame changed from before, will likely change to represent that though. Still going to do 10 though.

Missy Biron magical girl extrodanair- I'll probably finish the chapter next week if people are still interested in it.

Taylor's happy ending- It's proven hard for me to figure out where the hell I was even going with the current chapter and it's getting rather hard for me to write Taylor lately. Personally, I should have just stuck with damn majin! Taylor even though it was poorly thought out on my part.

I may reboot the reboot to the original Happy ending quest with updated mechanics to simplify things which might piss a few people off. But damn it, I just can't for the life of me write Magical girl nuke them all Taylor. I literately lost inspiration for it. Majin!Taylor I have plenty of Inspiration for and was funner to write to boot.

My other quest at QQ I am going to move to the NSFW section after I finish the next chapter because it's damned hard having the players play a pg-13 Succubus in a harem comedy anime world.

A Fluffy Tale- At this point I may just post my plot outline for the entire story including it's two sequels, one of which deals with Scion so people can't bitch about the happy ending not being happy or saying "And then Scion killed everyone" at the end when they have absolutely no fucking idea what they are talking about.

...Sorry for the passive aggressiveness, that kinda hits a sore point to me when ever someone brings that up in a Worm story.

Pokemon Adventure Sky- I forgot it existed accidentally. I literally did a double take when I read my list of active stories.:oops:

That is all.

Drak4806 and Dragonin like this.