• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.

Tags list?

Anabelle de Vaelgard

Making the rounds.
Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Messages
29
Likes received
14
Does it exist somewhere a list of existing tags?
For exemple, I was looking for Femme Fatale, that don't exist here, but my guess is that there probably something similat but that I'm failling to find the right keyword

Thank you very much :)
 
Does it exist somewhere a list of existing tags?
For exemple, I was looking for Femme Fatale, that don't exist here, but my guess is that there probably something similat but that I'm failling to find the right keyword

Thank you very much :)
There isn't a list of all tags natively, as there are 24,426 of them. This is a out-of-date list of all tags, though I'm not sure you'll have any more look looking through that without having an initial keyword.

There is a selection of tags in the Suggested Tags thread, and the Longer Tag List, which I maintain and update in batches (next coming within the next two weeks, probably). Both are organised, and consequently much easier to look through, but I haven't come across something synonymous with 'femme fatale' yet, unfortunately.
 
Last edited:
There isn't a list of all tags natively, as there are 24,426 of them. This is a out-of-date list of all tags, though I'm not sure you'll have any more look looking through that without having an initial keyword.

There is a selection of tags in the Suggested Tags thread, and the Longer Tag List, which I maintain and update in batches (next coming within the next two weeks, probably). Both are organised, and consequently much easier to look through, but I haven't come across something synonymous with 'femme fatale' yet, unfortunately.

Thank you so much :)
that really help me to clean up my tags
it took me an evening 😁 but it allowed me to stop using tags that are map together and to prioritise

it realy helped me
 
I have another question about what the polite approach is here.

I have started converting a pretty long roleplaying game into a story.
When I chose the story's tags, I tried to do two things:
  1. Put tags about the main identity of the story: the tags that show the main things that will be in the story. Their purpose is to help people who could be interested in reading it find it.
  2. Put warning tags about the worst content in the story, so people know in advance what they are getting into.

And now I'm unsure whether it was the appropriate way to deal with it.
After landing here, I decided to read and not only try to post, and it made me revise my opinion about what may require a warning here :p QQ tends to be a lot more open-minded than my usual crowd.
It also made me realize that what is a fair warning for one person can also be a tease for someone else. And when I use a warning tag for a fairly rare occurrence, it's also false advertising.

So now, I have no idea what the best option is.

And because I feel like that's way too theoretical, let's use a concrete example.
Currently, the story goes up to the middle of the 5th session of the game.
At some point in the far future (around the 70th session), the main character will thoroughly torture an NPC to death. The description is graphic.
So far, it's the only non-kinky torture in the whole story.
And it's not even on QQ yet (because converting the campaign into a clean enough text takes forever :p)

So, what's the best way to deal with that?
  • Alternative A, what I'm currently doing: put the tag now, because it will be there at some point and it's fair to let people know, so they don't start reading a story only to discover halfway through that it includes torture. Too bad for the people who wanted to read about torture and got lured in.
  • Alternative B, only what's currently there: only add the tag when that part of the story is actually on QQ. The future doesn't matter that much; tags are about what is currently in the story. If a tag is there, the story should currently be delivering on it. Too bad for the people who will be stuck having started the story, and who would never have started it if they had known torture would be involved.
  • Alternative C, tags show the soul of the story and don't need to cover everything: one torture event doesn't define the story, the main themes are dark and that's clearly indicated in the tags, so I don't need to tag every event, even an intense one. Then torture isn't mentioned anywhere except in that chapter.
  • Alternative D, tags show the soul of the story and don't need to cover everything, AND a warning before the chapter: same as before, only the story's soul tags, but before a chapter with something unusually grim (compared to the rest of the story), I add a warning so readers get a fair chance to skip it. I could also add a summary at the end of the chapter, so they still have continuity.
 
I've been thinking about this too, while mulling over the potential preface for the Suggested Tags threads. If we're talking about just what's polite, putting this level of consideration into your tagging is already supererogatory, so whatever you decide is more than fine.

My tentative recommended guiding philosophy is 'tag the elements that your story includes that you'd like to search for or exclude in your own reading material'. And, when you're using that tag in search, what would you consider a qualifying quantity of that element? This is easier than imagining a theoretical person, who likely has completely contradictory opinions about proper usage and tag priorities. Just, what do you want to see tagged more, and when? Hopefully tagging in that way will encourage more use of your preferred tags too.
 
Last edited:
thank you very much, it's very helpful.
I changed it.
I have not idea if it's objectively better, or even it it will mor effcient , but it for sure make me happier with my tagging :D
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top