1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Holy Chronicles of Baator

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Trafford, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 90 – Reactions
    Trafford

Trafford I trust you know where the happy button is?

"We need to leave, fast. Hela, come."

I said after taking everything of some value. Now was the best and probably the final time to get out of here, as I feared soon either reinforcements came, in much more soldiers and experts from the Asgard's side, or maybe even Odin himself would come, which would be catastrophic.

"Comming."

Answered a female voice in the shadows as Hela appeared out of nowhere and went to me.

I then teleported us all to the nearest space-time rift leading to the Underworld and disappeared from the Helheim.

From a distance, high in the sky, I could see pitch-black ravens circling as they were flying there happily.

'Hugin and Mirim... so he was watching the whole time.'

I muttered as I stepped into the space rift after everyone went ahead of me. After I stepped through, every space rift across the Helheim that was leading to the Underworld suddenly collapsed simultaneously.

Meanwhile, the Asgard's Royal Throne Room

"My King, the mission was an utter failure. We fell into the trap, and only several Valkyries and I survived; everyone else was killed."

Said Göndul as she bowed to her king.

"How?"

Asked Odin, feeling as if he had aged by an entire decade just within one second.

"Hela had a helper. Zeoticus Gremory-Lucifer helped her to construct some fearsome magical trap formation that was apparently tied to Hela's banishment as an activation moment. In an instant, when she was banished, she was teleported out, and the spell array exploded, killing almost all Royal Guards and Valkyries in an instant and severely injuring the rest. I managed to save myself and several Valkyries as we were far behind them; when I noticed it was trapped, it was late, as Hela tricked Vidalinot into attacking her from close range."

Explained Göndul as two black ravens flew into the room. As they circled around the throne until they landed on Odin's shoulders and started screeching.

"My King, what happened to Vidal and other Lesser Gods?"

Asked Göndul; as she disappeared from Helheim moment, she noticed something was amiss.

"All Lesser Gods are dead. Vidal is essential to only his Divine Soul surviving, but his divinity is lost. Either he will reincarnate as mortal Aesir or spend millennia recuperating. That Lucifer descendant was really throughout and went on how to deal with Gods and kill them down permanently properly. Probably the only reason why Vidal's soul survived, with his strength, he couldn't destroy the soul of Pinnacle Intermediate God with Pantheon mark."

Explained Odin, while Göndul was deeply shocked.

Now the strength of Asgard decreased even further. The loss of 12 Lesser Gods Weak Ranks was bad, even if they were low-ranking Gods, but they were all Royal Guards and experienced warriors. And the loss of Vidal was fucked up absolutely, as he had high chanced to become Greater God within the next two centuries.

"Mobilize all armies; now Royal Guards and Valkyries are severely weakened, there are high chances that Malekith, Surtr, or Laufey will strike."

Ordered Odin in anger.

Somewhere in the Jotunheim, a world of eternal ice

"Oh? Odin lost so many, and even Vidal was essentially killed?"

Asked a deep voice.

"Immediately order mobilization and start offensive at Asgard."

Said the voice after a short time.

At the same time, in the fire world of Muspelheim.

"Send out the legions. Kill every Asgardian you find."

Said the voice belonging to the huge shadow figure of flames

Somewhere in the dark shadow world of Swartalfheim

"My King, word of Asgard's loss is spreading. Laufey and Surtr are already sending armies to clean off their world of Asgard's outposts and soon would attack their holdings in other worlds. What shall we do?"

Asked an armored man as he looked at the throne, where a shadowy figure was sitting.

"Send in assassins and kill important generals in the army and Royal Sorcerers. Try to assassinate as many important figures in the kingdom as possible, causing as much chaos as possible. Harass their fortresses, destroy their supply lines, kill their leaders, cripple their infrastructure."

Ordered the figure on the throne as its eyes shined red.

At the same time, Underworld, Gremory Territory.

Now entire Gremory Territory was more lively compared to before. My population increased by approximately 160 million, and I just gained more than 40 million soldiers.

This was a great boon for me; hopefully, that Hela would be as cooperative as she said she would be. I was aware that she had a few screws loose in her head, but so what... nobody was perfect. As long as she would kill my enemies, everything was okay.

Now the next thing on my to-do list was to go to Takamagahara and talk with Shinto Pantheon about the plans. The situation in Shinto Pantheon was peaceful as the entire faction was ruled by the iron hand of Amaterasu, who was the pinnacle of the Greater God.

Hopefully, it will go better compared to this.

"I have promised Vena to take her on a date to Agreas... I will go before taking a trip to Takagahamara."

I muttered.

Venelana would be happy that I remembered my promise, as I was really too busy with many things. Hopefully, after the war, I will have some peace and time to relax, but now I must strive to increase my power to the maximum possible for a better future.

"You have returned, Zeoticus."

Said a voice belonging to the Grayfia who was managing Fuerig in my absence. Due to her status as my fianceé and personally chosen by Lucifer, she had high authority, and nobody dared to question her. And even if they did, she was pretty strong, so she could easily beat anybody under Satan-Class.

"Indeed, please take over overseeing the accommodation of Aesir and Vanir that fled from Asgard. Coordinate with Hela in that regard. She should be somewhere there or here. How were you holding on managing the territory in my absence?"

I asked.

2. Threadmarks: Chapter 91 – Orden…
    Trafford

"Good, it wasn't that hard."

Answered Grayfia in her usual stoic expression as I nodded.

"Then thank you for your work, and now if you excuse me."

I said as I left for my chambers.

Meanwhile, all around the Draconic Deus, a huge storm was brewing order in all factions and pantheons.

News about what happened at Helheim leaked even sooner than one would expect, as immediately after Zeoticus and Hela left, Laufey and Surtr started a brutal offensive against Asgardian Royal Army, and hundreds of thousands were killed within several days.

On top of that, the King of Dark Elves, Malekith, crawled out of the shadows and assassinated countless prominent people in Odin's kingdom with his Dark Elven assassins, throwing them into chaos.

In a certain place, in the inner palace, a handsome young man with long flowing red hair and uplifted dark red bangs was sitting cross-legged as he meditated. He had a third eye on his forehead that was also closed.

He wore a heavily stylized three-piece suit-type outfit consisting of a black waistcoat over an untucked collared white shirt, an orange cravat, and magenta-colored trousers tucked into light brown boots. The most distinguishing feature of the outfit is the stylized high-collared robe jacket with a length that falls to the wearer's shins: the upper part and shoulders of the robe jacket are dark-colored, the rest being a teal color and the robe jacket's trimmings are gold-colored; on each shoulder is a large gold-colored Ω-symbol, on each outer forearm are three gold-colored strips of fabric and the robe jacket ends in large white cuffs. The outfit is finished with white gloves.

"My Emperor, the information is verified."

Said a voice belonging to a man who knelt on the floor before meditating man, as he disappeared soon after relaying the message.

When the servant left, the red-haired man opened his eyes; his right eye had the Ω symbol in it, while his left eye had the α symbol in it.

"Another transmigrator appeared? Very talented in magic and skilled... he could be a great addition to the Orden. Should I invite him?"

Muttered the man as he took something out of his pocket, which looked like a card.

It was one of the 22 Major Arcana Cards, The Fool Card.

"Let Mercurius decide."

He muttered as he threw the Card high in the air, and soon the Card started shining in the bright light as gray fog surrounded the Card.

"I see; why have you chosen to ask me, Deus Ex Machina? Indeed this one is interesting, as there isn't any Fate tied to him. Test him; if he passes, he will be a great addition to the Orden. Our organization will grow once more."

Said a voice from the gray fog.

"Have you found somebody suitable, Mercurius?"

Asked Deus Ex Machina.

"Indeed. In one of those cultivation Universes you came from, an extremely mighty cultivator that is worthy, and I already delivered invitation. Additionally, Kaziklu Bey found someone, which is funny; the person he found is an ordinary mortal with a bit of Spirit Energy, barely able to contend against Starry Sky Warlocks or Senior Arcanists of Astral Boundary, but has enormous potential, especially her intelligence and scheming abilities are really something to behold. I have given her a bit boon... she is still a child, though but has an immense affinity for a certain thing. Her master would rape her, so I changed the fate of the world a bit to gain another strong cultivator for our side. Though, due to that, I need to send someone there later on. That Universe is a barren one; it would do a good place for gathering strength in the grand scheme of all things."

Answered Mercurius.

"Also, Christof Lohengrin chose to invite a person."

Said Mercurius after a short time of thought.

"Who?"

Asked Deus Ex Machina with a surprised voice.

"Someone who bears the title of Almighty and has potent precognition abilities."

Answered the Mercurius.

"Your agenda is sure interesting, Mercurius."

Said Deus Ex Machina.

"Things are moving, and only several Eras are remaining. Top experts, factions, and Empires and Dynasties are expanding like crazy, and ancient experts are slowly awakening from their sleep while creating alliances and hidden organizations like we do."

Answered Mercurius, while Deus Ex Machina nodded in agreement.

"Also, where is Rot Spinne? I haven't heard about him, even before using Samsara Rebirth Technique several Eras Ago?"

One Era was approximately 10,081 years.

"Don't know... he disappeared once more, probably went to another Universe. He is a traveler, and our messenger may find some great addition to the Orden. When it starts, it will be good to reduce the number of Universes by a great amount."

Answered Mercurius.

"Do you think your Astral Boundary is ready?"

Asked Deus Ex Machina.

"No. While it isn't weak either, it isn't that strong, but for that reason, Orden was created, at least partially, to gather similar-minded people. Additionally, this is what it makes even more interesting, Deus Ex Machina."

Said Mercurius as he laughed.

"Only you can take extermination of an entire Universe as a game, Mercurius. If you are unlucky and got invaded first by a strong universe, you would be in trouble. Especially those where cultivation is practiced, like mine, they are very strong for the current Astral Boundary. Many of them have even Thrones."

Explained Deus Ex Machina.

"I am aware of it; for that, we need to take the initiative and use Universe Stairs to invade and assimilate Universes with lesser Energy Density to become nutrients for the Astral Boundary Universe. From what I have seen, most factions are already preparing for the greatest war of all time."

Said Mercurius.

"Also, when will you return to your true body Deus Ex Machina?"

Asked Mercurius after a short time.

"Soon, soon, the cultivation of Samsara Rebirth Technique will be complete."

Answered Deus Ex Machina.

"Oh, and take this. Could you give it to the new recruit as a test? The Card will do the rest."

Said Mercurius as another Major Arcana Card appeared out of the grey fog.

The Devil Arcana.

Note from July 2022: Not dropped and not fucked up; how many of you short-signed people were predicting... just because you have trauma from reading something similar, it doesn't mean you need to drop it for a basically no reason... I partially understand that many fears that I will drop the story soon after (sometimes it happens to authors who mix up too many things without further thinking), but currently, the story is already passed the half, 370 chapters are written and the general outline of the storyline is completed long ago with the ending included.

3. Threadmarks: Chapter 92 – How to Process Corpses of Gods…
    Trafford

At the same time, Lord Gerstahl Lucifuge relied on a message to Lucifer about events that transpired in the Helheim.

Hearing this, Lucifer's mood turned unusually good, hearing all of that. With the addition of Hela's army to the Underworld, he was even more confident of crushing Heaven and Grigori to the ground.

Completely unaware of plots and schemes for his death by his own blood.

"Send out the Decree that I rise the noble rank of Zeoticus Lucifer to the Grand Duke for his merits in securing such enormous help for devil kind in the war against our eternal enemies."

Siad Lucifer with a commanding voice.

One day later, as I was relaxing in my gardens, I received a decree from Lucifer that I had been promoted to the Grand Duke Noble Rank.

This was good, as now, I was socially one of the highest-ranking nobles in the entire Underworld. I planned to be promoted to at least King Rank before the war started. After reaching Satan-Class and securing assistance from Takagahamara in wiping out Church from Japan, I can predict that Lucifer would promote my rank once more.

That would be for the best, as then I would be automatically placed as one of the military leaders of the Great War on the devil's side, or I could make my own army and be completely independent of the chain of command, like Great King Bael.

Now, before I planned to take Vena on a date to Agreas, I decided to make use of Divine Sparks and corpsed of Lesser Gods that I had obtained on my trip or killing spree in the Helheim.

As usual, I planned to brew a potion out of the body parts of the gods. While my Alchemy skills weren't that bad, they were pathetic compared to the real Alchemy that was practiced in the Astral Boundary.

Fortunately, alchemical knowledge available at the Draconic Deus was fortunate enough to utilize approximately 80% to 90% potential from the corpses of Lesser Gods. I was using only six of those corpses, as the other six were reserved for Hela.

Fortunately, the corpse of Vidal could be processed separately into several potions, as it was too potent compared to Lesser Weak Gods.

Potions refined from corpses of these Lesser Weak Gods would tremendously improve my physique, as the Divine Path of God was well known for the balance between physical strength and energy reserves. Every power system has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Divine Sparks of the Gods could be used for other people to ascend or be used in various rituals or weapon refinement.

I planned to use half of the Divine Sparks I obtained in ritual to combine it with a potion. I calculated it should strengthen my physique to the pinnacle of the Ultimate-Class. Of course, somebody who specialized in physique and was the so-called body cultivator could reach a much higher level than me from this procedure.

In truth, what I was doing, was considered an extravagant mad wasting of resources in Astral Boundary. Nobody would waste six corpses of Lesser Weak Gods and their Divine Sparks to strengthen their physique. Only a very few factions could do something like this.

Similarly, Vidal's corpse and Divine Spark would be used in the same way, hoping to strengthen my physique to Satan-Class. After that, I would be considered as one of the top powerhouses in the Draconic Deus, and by Astral Boundary's standards, I would be a heaven-defying genius.

As I reached such a level of power just within 200 years, which was a short time, and in reality, it was only ten years or so from my transmigration.

I started preparing my potion ingredients which were corpses of the Lesser Weak Gods. To prepare it, I instructed Architect to dissect them for crucial ingredients: Blood, Heart, and Bone Marrow.

Every part of the god's body was brimming with energy and power; I could feel it with just a look.

Usually, Lesser Weak God has no problem killing Ultimate-Class powerhouse with ease, but thanks to my carefully planned trap, they all fell at the same time. Even a Grade 7 Plane, according to the classification of the Astral Boundary, has a limit of only 10 Gods...

I then dropped everything into the huge cauldron and activated a magical formation around it for it to brew under immense heat. While I wasn't a very skilled Alchemist or Potion Brewer, which was a sub-class of Alchemy, with the Architect's help, it was effortless for me to produce potions from zero knowledge.

Within the next ten hours, I have spent brewing the potion, adjusting the heat, or adding some additional ingredients like some Mid-Grade Energy Crystals, parts of Monsters, and other things to boost up the efficiency of the potion.

I was slowly preparing for the moment when I would enter the Astral Boundary, which was a real stage, not something like the Dimensional Gap, which was a sealed space consisting of only a few tens of weak planes.

I have also decided that in the future, I should target planes where gods were abundant and hunt them for resources when I would be strong enough. Maybe even kill as many of the gods in Dimensional Gap; they would become my nutrients or for my followers and family.

Sadly, I cannot use Devour on the Divine Spark, as the Divine Energy is too contradicted to the Demonic Energy, and it would cause me serious injuries due to energy deviation.

Soon enough, the potion was finally finished, and I obtained four bottles of it altogether.

"Hmm... I will use one on myself; two could go to Vena and Grayfia. They would be participating in the Great War, so it would be good for their strength to increase. Last one I will give to Hela. I need to have her on my side, as her soldiers are currently the majority of my army."

I said to myself.

4. Threadmarks: Chapter 93 – Promotion
    Trafford

Venelana and Grayfia were both my fianceés and, besides that, also the closest allies I had. For them to become strong was also meaning I would become stronger.

I could say that I probably loved Venelana, as her cheerful personality made my day better when she came for a visit.

In truth, I didn't care too much about them, as I could always hunt for some gods and make more. For now, increasing my strength in every way is my top priority.

I then took six Divine Sparks and started preparing the spell formation. With my deep knowledge of Arcane, I had it prepared within a short one hour. Afterward, I gulped down the God Corpse Potion in one go and activated a magical circle powered up by six Divine Sparks.

As I drank the potion, I felt overwhelming energy enter my body from the potion. Second wave energy entered my body from the magical formation, as I repeatedly felt every cell in my body being strengthened.

The entire process took several hours, as I completely drained energy from six Divine Sparks until they turned to nothingness.

After it was finished and the entire God Corpse Potion was finally digested, I felt wonderful. My physical body was brimming with power, such much power.

"Architect scan."

[Class: Ultimate

Demonic Energy: 263

Strength: 290

Agility: 285

Vitality: 294]

"Hmm... in numerical values, my physique is even stronger than my energy reserves. After getting into Satan-Class with the help of God Corpse Potion brewed from Vidal's corpse, and Divine Spark, my progress in strengthening my physique should stop until I reach Apocalypse-Class or obtain corpses Divine Sparks of Greater Gods. Resources of Dimensional Gap are greatly limited in that regard."

I muttered.

I planned to have a balance between my energy reserves and physique. I believed in using every advantage I had. Unfortunately for me, strengthening my physique to an Apocalypse Class would be impossible with the resources available in Dimensional Gap.

Apocalypse-Class was starting point for true experts, as only from then can you be considered a true expert in Astral Boundary. Everything under that level is only cannon fodder. Of course, compared to mighty beings of Law, everything is meaningless.

After I finished my ritual, I decided to call Venelana for the date I had promised her, to take her on a date to the city of Agreas.

Before I could do anything, one of the butlers came and notified me that a Decree from Lucifer has arrived.

In truth, I was wondering what it was.

After I got into the meeting hall, where a messenger from Lucifaad was already waiting with the decree in his hands.

I just heard what he had to say and to be honest; I was pretty surprised hearing it. It seemed that for my merits, basically getting Hela and her armies, I was promoted to the Grand Duke and was awarded additional territories and more authority in the Underworld.

This was pretty good. The higher my noble rank before the Great War was, the better.

With more territory, I could recruit more soldiers and build a stronger army. Additionally, with this promotion, I also got a new Ultimate-Class general in my army; altogether, I had 16 Ultimate-Class powerhouses under me, though ten of them were Aesir and Vanir.

Now that I was promoted, it was guaranteed that I would be one of the main army commanders during the Great War... another perfect way to dispose of my political opponents or people that would dare to threaten my plans for unification.

After sending the messenger away, I decided to call Venelana for the promised date in Agreas. One hour later, Venelana arrived through the teleportation circle.

"Hello, Vena."

I greeted her with a slight bow.

"Hello, Zeo."

Said Venelana cheerfully.

"Wait a bit; I must get some things before we depart."

I said as I left for a moment.

Meanwhile, Venelana was waiting for her fianceé, and soon another person appeared.

"Oh my, isn't it Lady Bael?"

Asked a cold female voice.

"Lady Lucifuge, you are here too?"

Asked Venelana back with a sweet smile.

"Indeed, I was appointed by Zeoticus as Castellan of Fuerig."

Answered Grayfia with a predatory smile, to which Venelana grimaced as something sparked between those two.

"Indeed, such a menial task is certainly fit for you."

Siad Venelana sweetly as Grayfia's eyebrows twitched a little.

"I must agree, not everyone is capable enough to be entrusted with such responsibility."

Said Grayfia.

"Such is the truth... very fit for an emotionless person like you."

After several minutes, I finally returned and saw that Venelana and Grayfia were talking to each other happily, or it seemed at least like that.

"My Ladies. Vena, we can go. Grayfia, please go and send a message to Hela that the first part is ready."

I said as I cast a teleportation circle, and we have transported away.

After Zeoticus left with Venelana, Grayfia grimaced as she muttered.

"This round, I have lost, but wait for the next time."

5. Threadmarks: Chapter 94 – Date at Agreas (1)
    Trafford

I must admit that Agreas is a charming city. It was a large city located in the Agares Territory but was exclusively maintained by the forces of the Four Great Satans.

It served as the second capital of the Devil Race, and most importantly, it was where most of the scientific breakthroughs were made. I wonder if they already started researching the Agreas Crystals, which would later become prime material for the creation of Evil Pieces.

Getting into the city wasn't an easy feat, as mostly only nobility was allowed into the city and many of them were after strict screening. For me, as I was officially from the Lucifer Clan, I got a free pass.

'Those four madmen are really paranoid... they must have already started creating the Malebranche, and maybe they have already finished them. Still... from my knowledge, they must have used something else in the forging and creation process, as only crystals of Agreas alone are not enough.'

I thought in my head.

"Where do you want to go first, Vena?"

I asked her as I looked around the beautiful architecture of the flying city.

"We could go to the restaurant first."

Said Vena with a charming smile as I held her hand, and we walked to the most luxurious restaurant that was on Agreas.

I booked the entire restaurant's top floor, which was usually reserved for the most prominent guests. We were led there by water and sat down at the table with the most beautiful view.

We sat down, and both of us ordered some food.

I personally chose my favorite, the dragon steak. This one came from an evil dragon from Three Realms, a real exclusivity. The price for one steak was enough to buy pretty good armor, a weapon, and some supportive things.

Vena chose to eat dragon fish exported from the rivers of Takagahamara.

While waiting for the food to arrive, I took out the God Corpse Potion and gave it to Vena.

"This is potion I refined from corpses of Gods I killed in Helheim. It is called God Corpse Potion and has an enormous effect on physique; it could easily strengthen your physique to later stages of Ultimate-Class."

I said to her while giving her the potion. Vena was just High-Class in terms of physique, which was pretty important. Old man, Zekram must have spent many precious resources on her, as Vena was strengthening her physique in a similar way to me by the usage of treasures and magic.

Vena was shocked seeing the potion, and probably even more than I gave it to her, just like that. This could be considered one of the top-grade treasures in the Dimensional Gap due to its limited resources. Even in the vast Astral Boundary Universe, it would be considered a precious thing.

"I... thank you."

Said she with a smile as she held the potion.

Another reason why I gave it to her, I wished for Vena to become Satan-Class before the Great War. If she did, she would be automatically placed as a commander on one of the frontlines and could help me enact my plans.

After the food was served, we talked about some random things; I talked mainly about my trip to Helheim and my encounter with Hela, and my fight with the Gods of Asgard. When I mentioned Hela, if felt the air change around Vena a bit, but I think it was just my imagination.

"Oh, and I for prompted to the Grand Duke by Lucifer today."

I said to Vena as I finished talking about my trip to the Helheim.

"That is wonderful news."

Said Vena sweetly.

"When you are departing for the Takamagahara?"

She asked me after a short time.

"I will try to reach Satan-Class before that, as I am very close to reaching that Class."

I said.

With the knowledge I got from Hela about the Astral Boundary, I found out that the ranking system was different there and here in the Gap; it was due to Dimensional Gap was severed for a long time from the Universe, so it started developing as Secret Realm to a different direction.

Satan-Class was the same as Bright World Warlock in Warlock Cultivation System or Level 3 Legendary Arcanist in Arcane System.

From the information I got from Hela, the devil ranking system was like some weird combination of the Warlock Cultivation System and Arcane System.

To reach Super-Devil Class, devils only needed time, energy, aptitude, and nothing else. This was pretty similar to the Warlock Cultivation System. But, from then on, there was one huge barrier to reaching Apocalypse-Class, which was comprehending the Law.

This was, on the other hand, very similar to the Arcane System of Arcanists.

So theoretically, if Underworld had ten times that of energy density, then devils would get stronger much faster, and we could become more powerful. Thought, the path after the Super-Devil Class is like an enormous mountain that is almost impossible to conquer.

When I started researching this topic, I also ordered Architect to look at another thing... something which was in my mind for a very, very long time, unexplained, and only now, after getting knowledge from the Astral Boundary, it finally gave an answer.

Clan Traits of Devils.

They weren't just Clan Traits...

They were the path to the comprehension of Law and breaking through to become a real powerhouse in the Astral Boundary.

After that, I realized something... this isn't something Lucifer could do. Someone born in Dimensional Gap doesn't have such ability.

So the only logical answer was... The Book of Lucifer wasn't really his own creation but rather an artifact that fell to the Draconic Deus a long, long time ago and was found by Lucifer. Based on the Book of Lucifer, he, formerly known as Luciel, changed his name and turned himself into Devil.

Such was the truth of the original.

6. Threadmarks: Chapter 95 – Date at Agreas (2)
    Trafford

Not that something of that mattered, but I would like to extract his memory and see his secrets.

The fact he gave me the Book of Lucifer means he himself isn't completely aware of its value or playing some dangerous game with me as a pawn. Whenever the truth is, one is certain, and that is, Lucifer must die.

Now I was curious to explore more of the Book of Lucifer, but alas, I didn't dare to do it while he was alive. If it was a trap, then maybe he gave me the book in hopes I would be able to unlock its secrets, and when I am no longer useful, he could kill me or whatever... but it won't end well for me.

"Zeo? Helloooo..."

I heard before waking from my thinking trance-like state.

"Oh, sorry. I was a bit caught in my thoughts."

I said as Venelana pouted a little.

"About what exactly?"

Asked she.

"About that, how beautiful are you today."

I said with a smile.

I didn't want to talk about certain things as it was not appropriate for now.

After we had finished eating, we went for a walk around Agreas City. As the city was accessible to members of the nobility, it was empty, despite its size and beautiful environment.

Several days earlier, Bael Castle.

Venelana was walking through the halls of the Bael Castle while searching for her mother to have a talk with her.

As usual, she found her at the gardens, relaxing in there... something done by most noble ladies of almost none of them wished to do something.

"Hello, mother."

Greeted her Venelana. Her mother looked like her older version, with a bigger chest and longer hair.

"What is bringing you here, my darling daughter?"

Asked Lady Bael with a gentle smile.

"I just want to talk about something with you."

Said Venelana rather nervously.

"Then come and sit here..."

As Venelana sat down, a servant came and served her tea.

"So, what is bothering you?"

Asked Lady Bael with a kind smile.

Afterward, Venelana started narrating her own problems as her mother attentively listened to her daughter's troubles.

"So the young Lucifuge is your competitor?"

Asked Lady Bael curiously.

"Yes, that ice witch."

Said Venelana with anger, as she met with Grayfia after her engagement to her own fianceé was announced by Lucifer, and they didn't start with a good impression.

"Hmm... I think I know what you need to do... from what you have told me; you need to take the initiative as your fianceé is probably dense as brick or too focused on his own things to notice your female signals, or maybe both of them. Right now, you may have an advantage, but that can change as Grayfia is Lucifuge, and she is way closer to Lucifer than Bael can be... so you need to do this..."

Said Lady Bael as she whispered the last parts of the sentence to her daughter; Venelana turned bright red in a matter of seconds.

"Are you sure it will work?"

Asked Venelana nervously.

"Do you want Grayfia to win? She will make a move when she realizes that Zeoticus is too engrossed in his research and development of his territory, and you will lose your dominant position. Even now, you are at a disadvantage as she has a special bond with him as Lucifer and Lucifuge; if you are slow, then the gap will only widen."

Said Lady Bael seriously as she saw the fire ignite in Venelana's eyes.

It was just another game for power or a race for power. When they get married, it will be decided who will be the main wife or who will have the most authority after the Lord of the House. And Venelana didn't want to fall behind her rival Grayfia.

After some time of thinking about it, she nodded her head in agreement.

Back to present

I was rather enjoying this date a the Agreas. Venelana was pressing her chest on my right hand, which was a very nice feeling, but at the same time, as I was enjoying this, I was also thinking about how to get my hands on some crystals of Agreas.

If I ask Lucifer, I doubt he will give me some of them, so I chose to steal them. At the end of the Great War, everything will belong to me, so I am just taking something that is mine in advance.

As I was thinking about how to steal the crystals of Agreas, I noticed that Venelana stood in front of me, and suddenly she kissed me.

At first, I was in a state of deep shock about what was happening, but soon I returned her kiss with an even bigger passion.

After we had separated, I only heard a weak whisper from her as she took my hand and led me to the nearest hotel.

7. Threadmarks: Chapter 96 – Satan-Class (1)
    Trafford

Several days later

Currently, I am preparing for my advancement to the Satan-Class. I already felt that my energy reserves were nearing the limit; they could hold up as I benefited from strengthening my physique to the later stages of the Ultimate-Class, as my energy reserves kept expanding.

Reaching Satan-Class would be a great milestone for me. To be complete, I planned to strengthen my physique for the Satan-Class before I reached it in terms of energy reserves. I could probably get more from the High-Grade Demonic Energy Magic Stone if I did it that way.

I would awaken another part of my True Name, and I wonder what benefit it will bring me. Awakening ability with every part of True Name wasn't something normal, as it was considered super rare.

My name 'Dizmason' strengthened my Innate Talent for Magic, from average to the top-notch genius level. It allowed me to comprehend spells more easily, cast them with lesser energy consumption, and many others.

At first, I refined the potion from Vidal's corpse. Now I would be drawing magical formations around the place, where I could brew the potion, strengthen my physique with it, and use Divine Spark of Vidal in the process.

After I returned from the rendezvous night with Venelana, It seemed like Grayfia noticed something different about me but didn't say anything besides frowning heavily. I gave her one of the God Corpse Potions, as it would greatly elevate her abilities before the Great War happened.

So the first thing I gulped down was the potion made from Vidal's corpse and activated the magical formation with Vidal's Divine Spark in the middle.

This time, albeit it was a bit different, as Grayfia was there to support the formation and control the spell, as the energy that was being released from it was somewhat overwhelming, and it easily damaged the castle or even caused some severe injuries.

I explained to her how the spell worked, and with her natural affinity with magic and experiences, she quickly caught on and was able to control the magical formation rather fast.

While I experienced this feeling once and would probably have several times more in the future, it still hurt like hell.

This time, I felt like my entire body was being ripped apart, as an overwhelming amount of energy was being released from the potion I was digesting, and at the same time, an even larger amount of energy was directed by the spell formation to my body.

Fortunately, Grayfia was able to narrate the flow energy aptly, so I didn't suffer any kind of injuries due to it.

As I grit my teeth, the process was very fast, as it was constantly breaking down my cells and rebuilding them anew, stronger and brimming with vitality.

As the time passed and hours passed, I felt my body was getting stronger and stronger. As the process was nearing its end, I felt that I could take Vidal with my physical abilities alone and not die several seconds later.

While I wasn't any close-combat fighter, I could at least take beings with terrifying physiques head-on and not die, or at least escape. There are countless experts out there and countless ways to nullify magic power or any kind of energy; that was why I was so adamant about strengthening my physique at any cost.

'Architect scan my body.'

I said to my MTC A.I. as I lay down on the ground and saw Grayfia approaching me with worry in her eyes.

[Class: Ultimate

Demonic Energy: 298

Strength: 451

Agility: 462

Vitality: 450]

'Damm... such rapid advancement... I will need to stop for several decades, maybe even a century, as I have strengthened my body by an extreme amount in such a short time. It is a wonder; I didn't suffer any kind of backslash...'

I thought in my head.

During past years, I have brought my physique from pathetic Low-Class to Middle-Class standards to terrifying Satan-Class. In terms of Astral Boundary major cultivation systems, it would be possible, but nobody would waste so many precious resources on strengthening the body so much.

Additionally, it could cause you to suffer serious hidden injuries or something, but alas, I think I was lucky.

I noticed that my Class was still listed as Ultimate-Class, which wasn't entirely wrong, as the Class was mainly based on energy reserves, even by the standards of the Astral Boundary.

"Are you alright, Zeoticus? You look like you are going to die by any minute..."

Asked the worried Grayfia, that came to me to check up on my state.

"It is okay... just my body tired... I feel like I have been runner over by behemoth."

I said jokingly as Grayfia giggled a bit. It was nice to see. Usually, she had such a strict expression all the time.

Getting any other reaction from her was considered a win.

"You are really crazy... I have never seen anybody undergo anything similar to you."

Said Grayfia with a surprised face as she observed me.

"It may be possible, but now I can say that I can fight head-on with someone like Vidal and escape with just some injuries. Of course, if you add my magic to the mix, I would probably be able to kill some weaker to average Intermediate Gods within ten minutes."

I said with a confident voice.

While I wasn't a close-combat fighter, now that my physique was elementary of Satan-Class, but coupled with my spells and Clan Trait, I could deal with such opponents, despite my energy reserves being just at the peak of Ultimate-Class.

When I advance to Satan-Class in terms of Class, probably someone like Vidal wouldn't last before me too long...

"Just be careful, don't underestimate your opponents just because you have strengthened your body to a terrifying level."

Said Grayfia, but rather it seemed like a teacher lecturing a young child that said something stupid.

I knew it was her way of showing her concern for me.

8. Threadmarks: Chapter 97 – Satan-Class (2)
    Trafford

"I know, but thanks for your concern."

I answered as Grayfia looked indifferent, but I knew that she was satisfied with herself about an accomplished goal: to scold me and acknowledge that she was right.

"What are you going to do now?"

Asked me.

"Rest, if you want, I can help you digest God Corpse Potion more easily with magical formation."

I proposed.

Usually, to digest and refine such things as God Corpse Potion that was brewed to strengthen the physique of the user, there was one most effective way, and that was physical training. Something I was not fond of and didn't have enough time for.

The second way was just to let it be refined naturally, but that could take even several months, based on the potency of the potion.

And finally, there was a third way, something I used, and that was magical formation to help you refine the potion and its effect. Aside from the Divine Sparks, the spell I intended to use for Grayfia was almost the same one I have used for myself.

"Later, after we deal with your things."

Said Grayfia stoically.

"Okey."

Afterward, I spent several hours recuperating and resting to be in pristine condition, as I felt that my energy reserves were nearing the limit, and soon the following metamorphosis would happen.

Devils didn't usually reach the next Class through metamorphosis, which was similar to cultivation breakthrough to higher realms in cultivator universes.

Reaching the higher Class through metamorphosis happened only to Devils who were expanding and training their energy reserves to reach the higher Class. While ordinary devils, who didn't train, will reach a higher Class naturally.

The only difference was several centuries plus-minus, depending on your innate talent and luck. Still, most devils could reach the High-Class without any problems for several centuries just by doing nothing.

While most devils with noble bloodlines could reach Class I have termed as Grand-Class, which corresponds to the stage between High-Class and Ultimate-Class, that existed in the Astral Boundary but was missing in the Dimensional Gap due to messed up Laws. Grand-Class corresponded to the Starry Sky Warlock in Warlock Cultivation System.

Those more talented could train and reach Ultimate-Class or Satan-Class if they were lucky or trained hard enough. Of course, there existed other ways, like magical rituals, potions, treasures, and other ways.

While this wasn't bad, there existed even more terrifying lifeforms in the many Universes. And everything below Ultimate-Class was nothing more than just glorified cannon fodder in huge wars across Astral Boundary or other places.

When I was already at my full energy and rested enough, I started preparing a magical formation that would help me absorb the High-Grade Demonic Energy Magic Stone.

High-Grade Magic Stones were precious even in the Astral Boundary, not that much, but they were the currency used by upper-tier experts. Here in the Dimensional Gap, even one High-Grade Magic Stone was a peerless treasure and priceless thing.

As I held it in my hand, I was even more suspicious about Lucifer and what he intended to do...

I placed it in the eye of the formation and activated the spell matrix.

[Architect, start the protocol.]

I commanded in my head.

[Acknowledged.]

He answered as the spell matrix started.

Enormous magical formation started glowing with blinding light, as countless magic circles appeared around me, as a tremendous amount of Demonic Energy was now being directed to my body, from the High-Grade Demonic Energy Magic Stone and abundant magic of the Underworld.

The process was very similar to what when I reached the Ultimate-Class, at first my overall energy reserved started getting smaller by lightning speed, as the energy inside my body was being refined, fused, purified, and once again, this happened all over, unit the density and purity of my Demonic Energy didn't reach astonishing level.

Afterward, my energy reserves started slowly rising. Soon enough, it reached 100, then 200, then after another ten minutes it broke through the number 300 and kept rising to 400, and soon 500. To my surprise, it didn't stop there and kept climbing to 550, 575, 600...

It then stabilized at the number 624. Shortly after, I felt the Will of the Underworld descend upon me as my entire body froze.

'Savant'

'Savant'

'Savant'

I now heard a familiar creepy voice belonging to the Will of the Underworld.

'Prideguard - When in the Underworld, no physical or energy attack done by any one of the similar or same alignment as the bearer of this name, that is weaker than bearer, cannot do any harm. For thou who are stronger than the bearer, the effect would be lowered appropriately.'

Said the voice as it soon disappeared.

I studied the effect of the new part of my True Name that the Underworld gifted me, and it was terrifying. As long as I am attacked in the Underworld by someone who is weaker than me and is of the same alignment, meaning Devil or has Darkness / Shadow or any other similar element, I am basically immune to such attacks.

Of course, if Devil attacks me, that is stronger than me; the Prideguard would just weaken the effect of their attack. This was why it was of utmost importance to guard the True Name.

One mistake, and your strongest side will be your weakest.

True Names given by the Will of the Underworld itself are really terrifying and are the greatest secret of any devil. For example, if an attacker knew my True Name 'Savant,' then the effect of the Prideguard for such attacker would be null.

On top of such a wonderful True Name, the only shame is that it will work only on being of Dark Aligntemnet such as Devils, Demons, Pale Blood, Vampires, Werewolves, and similar and only when I am in the Underworld. Sadly, Fallen Angels are omitted as they are not Dark but rather Neutral because they still possess light.

'Architect, scan.'

9. Threadmarks: Chapter 98 – Satan-Class (3)
    Trafford

[Name: Zeoticus Gremory von Lucifer

True Name: Dizmason (Devil Talent), Savant (Prideguard)

Race: Pure-Blooded Devil - Bloodline: Gremory, Lucifer

-

Class: Satan

Demonic Energy: 624

Strength: 451

Agility: 462

Vitality: 450

-

Clan Trait:

Dark Light - Master (Gate of Babylon Style, Truth-Seeking Orb Style)

The Devour - Adept

-

Magic Systems:

Tier Magic - Master

Devil Magic - Master

Norse Runic Magic - Master

Abyssal Runic Magic - Master

Human Magic - Grandmaster

-

Masteries:

Scythe - Expert]

As I looked over it, I was strong as hell. Currently, I could be considered one of the best powerhouses across the Draconic Deus. What was even more terrifying was that I didn't reach even the peak of the Satan-Class, but I could already kill someone like that with ease.

There were only a few Satan-Class combatants in the Underworld, not only here but rather across the entire Draconic Deus. In the end, this was a desolate place, with low energy density and a small number of resources.

Fortunately, I didn't now need to fear many things right now. During my trip to the Takagahamara, I would have another advantage during the negotiations, and that was my personal strength.

Now there was a lot of work to be done, mainly to develop the next stage for the Tier Magic System; now, I have reached the Satan-Class, which I have termed as the Ultra-Order Tier Magic.

On the other hand, now that I have reached Satan-Class, my progress will be much slower than in the past. Now I could either depend on the most basic methods, such as aging, but that was out of the question; I needed to advance quickly.

The secondary method was training till energy reserves' exhaustion and letting them expand naturally.

The third method was to search for Demonic Energy Magic Stones in the Underworld and use magic rituals to advance. This one was my personal favorite. This was also the most expensive method to use, as it would require a lot of Soul Coins, but I was rich, so that was not much of a problem.

The only problem would be if I could find a mine of Demonic Energy Magic Stones that would be in the territory of other Pantheons.

'Once the entire Underworld will belong to me...'

I thought in my head as I continued to study the analysis of my body that the Architect gave me.

I really needed to work on my Clan Trait Dark Light for it to improve even more. It was my strongest weapon, followed by the Tier Magic System. Hopefully, more devils would use this system instead of Devil Magic because it would significantly enhance their abilities.

"Hey Grayfia... how are your magic skills in other magic systems?"

I asked as I broke her out of her process of thoughts as she was thinking about something.

"If you want to ask me for my abilities with Tier Magic System you have invented, I could cast Tactical-Tier spells effortlessly, but I still struggle with Strategic-Tier spells."

She answered swiftly as my smile widened.

"Come, I will help you properly cast Strategic-Tier Spells. In the future, your combat prowess will outshine all of those of the same Class."

I said.

Tier Magic System was pretty suitable for devils. I took the best components from Human Magic, Devil Magic, and Norse Runic Magic, in which I used Abyssal Runes and created my masterpiece.

Tier Magic System had the power of Runic Magic, and it wasn't that hard to perform as Human Magic and was more stable. While it lacked versatility, it had so much firepower that some versatility lack was quickly forgotten by its users.

After I returned from the Helheim, I already got some new spells that magicians of the devil race invented.

This was also one of the reasons why I released it to the public so quickly.

Devils who depended on magic as their primary form of combat would surely try learning Tier Magic System. When they discovered it was superior to Devil Magic, they would experiment and create new spells.

According to the Agreement, I would get a copy of each spell every devil invented. So basically, some spellbook was delivered to my library every day, and even grimoires on Tier Magic were being delivered each week.

Spellbook usually contained instructions about one to five spells, but the grimoire could have tens of them easily and was more detailed compared to the Spellbook.

"Thanks, it would be an honor to be taught personally with such genius."

Said Grayfia with sarcasm in her voice.

"Yes, it is, the priceless opportunity for what many would die."

I said.

And in a certain sense, it was the truth. I was the inventor of the entirely new magic system, something like Merlin was to human magicians when he created his own magic system based on calculations and controlling magical power.

Countless would beg to learn from me, but I didn't feel like teaching students... too lazy for that.

I have taught some bits to Venelana, Zekram, and some of my subordinates, and lately, even Hela, and I have found out that I suck at teaching.

Probably the lack of patience with people who didn't understand everything on the first go.

10. Threadmarks: Chapter 99 – Month Later, Spar with Hela (1)
    Trafford

One Month Later, Underworld, Gremory Territory, Castle Fuerig

I have spent one month familiarizing myself with the newly acquired power I have reached. At the Satan-Class, I had so much power that I needed to have some time to familiarize myself with it to use it properly.

While I spent the past month training, my territory was steadily developing as all of Hela's army was incorporated into my own army, and people she brought from Asgard were accommodated. Now I had one of the largest armies among the devil nobility.

I intended to enlarge my army even more before the Great War started.

Meanwhile, as everything this was happening in my territory across the Draconic Deus, another thing shook the waves.

Asgard has won the war against the armies of Laufey, Surtr, and Malekith, from which Laufey was killed, Surtr severely injured and banished back to the Mushpelheim, while Malekith just escaped.

While it seemed like a victory for Asgard, in reality, they lost more than they won. Apparently, the defection of Hela and her followers took a greater toll on Asgardian Army than I had initially thought, and Asgard began losing the war on all fronts.

Just one week after that, Ice Giants and Fire Creatures, along with Dark Elves in the shadows, managed to breach all fronts that Asgard was holding, mainly due to a lack of soldiers, as more than a third of their army defected with Hela.

Soon enough, they breached into the world of Asgard, and Odin was forced to deploy all of his hidden forces to combat ferocious Ice Giants and Fire Creatures under the leadership of Laufey and Surtr.

In the end, the big battle took place several miles away from the main capital of Asgard, and Odin was forced to activate his powers as God-King of Pantheon that, pushed him into the realm of Mighty Stage God, as he killed Lauyfey and severely injured Surtr until all accommodated power dissipated.

Afterward, while Asgard won the war, they lost the majority of their army, were left with devasted infrastructure among the Nine Worlds, and Odin immediately entered sleep, as his Divinity was cracked due to overusing the power of God-King.

Soon enough, the entire Asgard went into lockdown. At least what brought a smile to my face was the fact that Malekith assassinated all Christian priests, nobles, and people of influence in the countries of Finland, Norway, and Sweden.

I feel Loki had some hands in that, as he always petitioned war against other Pantheons.

What was bugging, the response of Heaven didn't come. Yahweh just closed his eyes... weird.

Today I had an appointment with Hela, as she recovered her Class and became Innate God through some weird ritual, which she used, to awaken Divinity upon her own. By her own words, she could advance by absorbing Dinivity of the same type from other gods.

She cannot use Faith Energy to advance her Class or to any other benefit herself, which was the price for becoming Innate God. On the other side, she wasn't tied to any worlds and could freely leave planes and travel through the endless myriad of worlds.

Hela was spending most of her time at my personal training yard, where she spent all of her free time. Today, as usual, she was swinging her Necrosword at my training yard.

'Architect scan her.'

I said.

[Name: Hela

Race: Innate God - Aesir/Vanir Hybrid

-

Class: Intermediate Divinity Stage

Divine Energy: 471

Magical Power: 654

Strength: 603

Agility: 565

Vitality: 590]

'Damm, she is strong. Her energy altogether is around twice of mine own, and her physical abilities... damm... strong. She has two energy types, which is understandable, as Gods usually have magical power and Divine Energy at the same time.'

"Can we start?"

I asked as I took out my scythe.

My spar with Hela was already the fourth one, as we sparred once each week for several hours straight. It was mainly her idea to help me master my scythe, as in her opinion, I was sucking using a weapon, something I cannot disagree with as I am a magic caster, not a melee fighter.

Before I could barely react, I could already see several Necroswords being shot at me with tremendous speed as I used my physical ability to dodge. During our spars, we had ruled that no one would use spells to enhance himself or herself.

As I dodged those Necroswords, Hela was already before me, swinging two of her Necroswords that she held in her hands at my neck as I used my scythe Rosenkreutz to block them, creating sparks in the air and minor shockwave through the air.

Fortunately, this entire yard was warded with the most potent wards and barriers I could produce, so we didn't destroy the whole area.

In a split of a second, Hela flipped backward while throwing two Necroswords at me, which I blocked with my scythe, and then I shot towards Hela, slashing at her with my scythe. Unfortunately for me, she easily dodged my slash and kicked me to my ribs, kicking me several tens of meters away.

I stood up, and coughed some blood, as she didn't hold anything back in her kick, as I barely dodged an incoming attack from her.

Hela was ruthless during our spars, something I appreciated, as she did wonders for my lack of experience. Even I could see that I was improving steadily in the close combat, and soon enough, I would reach Mastery-Rank mastery over the Scythe Mastery.

If this fight was being fought using magic, then even with her larger reserves, the situation would be reversed. Unfortunately, I could only be a punching bag for now... fortunately, I have strengthened my physique to Satan-Class, which would be much worse.

"You are getting better... this is good... you can now last longer during our spars."

Said Hela with delight as she looked at me, and I felt bad for some reason.

11. Threadmarks: Chapter 100 – Month Later, Spar with Hela (2)
    Trafford

In turn, for Hela to teach me how to fight close combat, I was helping her with her casting abilities. In truth, her abilities as a magician were messed up. She cast spells only by using brute force, which used too much energy for her.

For example, an ordinary spell as Fireball for someone like her should be around 0,001 Units of Magical Power. But alas, for Hela, who used brute force to force spells into existence, she wasted too much of her magical energy, and thus even a simple spell like that would cost her 1 Unit. It may not seem like a lot but in another example.

For example, if I want to cast Strategic-Tier Spell, which was spells most commonly used by Satan-Class individuals, it would cost me around 10 Units, maybe 15 Units depending on the spell. That was due to my mastery of magic. According to Architect's calculations, if Hela cast the Strategic-Tier spell, it would cost her around 50 Units.

She would use nearly half of her reserves for single spells regarding Ultra-Order Tier Spells. I never understood why her magical knowledge was so poor, despite being half-Vanir and her mother being Frigga, one of the best witches of Asgard currently.

And the answer I got was simple... she instead went to swing a sword and beat boys in spars when she was young, as reading magical tomes and studying runes was too boring for her.

So now, we were correcting that mistake, as I was teaching her Asgardian Magic System, Human Calculation Magic System, and the basics of my Tier Magic System. Fortunately, she had a good aptitude for learning magic and handling magical power, despite her crude way of doing so right now.

As I was thinking about something, another kick from Hela sent me flying backward as I coughed blood.

"You really know how to hold back during spars..."

I said sarcastically, as I was barely able to stand up, and Hela walked in front of me with a satisfied smile.

The moment she was close enough and not giving me enough attention, I threw some dust into her eyes and used the blunt edge of my scythe to strike her stomach, while several seconds later, I kicked her once again, sending her away.

"While you Asgardians are outstanding warriors, we devils are despicable in the way we fight... this is why you lose, my dear."

I said as I held my scythe at her neck and my right foot on her stomach, not allowing her to turn around as she coughed blood.

Asgardians were honorable warriors, and while Hela was a warmonger and slaughterer, she still had something in her that would not allow her to use similar methods as I used to defeat her.

Deception and tricks were something devils had in their blood.

I then cast several simple healing spells on Hela to stop the internal bleeding I caused her as I helped her to stand up.

"Sometimes, your honor could become your grave."

I said to her seriously.

"I will try to keep that in mind."

Answered Hela with an angered expression; she lost to a simple trick like that.

"How is army training going?"

I asked as we sat down.

"Pretty well, thank the increased budget you gave me; I have enough resources to increase the strength of all soldiers to Middle-Class within next year. Also, orders from Alchemist Guilds across the Draconic Deus and Sects from Three Realms have been made and will arrive soon. With current resources available, I could probably create a standing army of 75 million with ease with a standard Middle-Class."

Stated Hela, while I was deeply surprised.

Her effectiveness as a military commander was really something.

"When I return from the Takagahamara, I would go to the Yestera Plane to hunt for Monarch Level Monsters and Magical Beasts there as they are obstructing our way to the bottom of the ocean and mining the entire plane. Will you join?"

I asked.

I planned to take with me Crom Cruach, and also Zekram promised his help in this matter. I needed to clean Yestera Plane out of them as soon as possible to start mining on the bottom of the ocean.

"Of course... it will be a good opportunity to spill some blood."

Said Hela with a bloodthirsty grin on her face.

"Splendid."

There should be no more than twenty Monarch Level monsters in the Yestera so that we could clear all of them within several weeks with four of us.

"Also, take all available Generals; they would take care of General Level monsters; I will also take Vena and Grayfia."

I also wanted my subordinates to participate as they could deal with weaker monsters.

12. Threadmarks: Chapter 101 – Sneaky Grayfia
    Trafford

After finishing my spar with Hela, we went to have another study session as I was teaching her magic. Fortunately, she was catching on relatively fast, as I didn't have a lot of patience.

Her roots as Vanir helped her master magic rather fast, fortunately...

Several days later

Currently, I am preparing to take my trip to Japan, more precisely to the Takamagahara. As this would be a more formal visit, I was taking Grayfia with me, as she is my Lucifuge, and this time I didn't need to sneak into the territory of the Shinto Pantheon.

"Grayfia, have you compiled all reports about the situation in Japan?"

I asked my fianceé as she stood before me while I was sitting and going through some papers.

"Yes, here they are."

She as she gave me a small stack of papers.

In past decades Yahweh has been trying to expand his influence in Asia. Regarding China, he didn't dare go there due to Jade Emperor's power as Celestial Court was stronger than Heaven many times.

Not talking about human cultivators Jade Emperor created. It was rather interesting information I found out from Zekram. Apparently, before the Celestial Court came into existence, there didn't exist anything like cultivators in Draconic Deus. In Astral Boundary, you can find some, but not in the true sense.

But after Jade Emperor appeared several centuries later, the first human cultivators started popping here and there; even though their limit was only Ultimate-Class, they were tremendous in numbers. And this gave me an idea... Jade Emperor himself wasn't a person from Draconic Deus or maybe even Astral Boundary. There was a high possibility he was someone from a different Universe than me.

When I thought about it, I often thought about my home Universe. Truth be told, I wanted to return and look at what happened there and how much time had passed. There should be a lot of precious things to take with me. If possible, rob technology from Aeldari and explore something called Tomb Worlds; I have heard from Aeldari myths.

"How is the situation in Japan currently?"

I asked Grayfia.

"From latest reports, Heaven has sent there a contingent of Angels and several dozens of Exorcists as they are losing foothold there. Vassals of Shinto, namely Youkai, Five Principal Clan, and Samurai and Ninja Clans, have started pushing them back and killing every single of their faith they could find. Forces of Church and Heaven are fighting back, but they are severely outnumbered, be it in quantity or quality, as they are concentrating most of their forces in Europe."

Said Grayfia.

Japan collectively had a powerful supernatural faction, just it lacked Mighty Stage God, but in all other regards, it was strong. Shinto was the collective name given to the Takagahamara, Youkai Clans, Five Principal Clans, and other warrior clans.

Five Principal Clans were long lines of humans that worshiped Shinto Gods and were protected by Five Divine Beasts. At the same time, warrior clans were lines of humans that used martial arts combined with the usage of Magic or Chakra; many of them were ancient Samurai Lines and Shinobi Lines.

Though from a supernatural point of view, these humans could maximally reach peak High-Class, and only scarce exceptions could reach Ultimate-Class.

"Hmm... so the wars of pawns are coming to an end there. He probably won't enter Japan, as it could spell doom for him, but he could send Archangels, something which is not realistic, as there is no real gain."

I muttered.

Yahweh won't personally go to Japan to fight with Shinto Gods, as that could easily get him killed due to some trap or something. Japan has been under the rule of Shinto Gods for millennia; they have an entire place wrapped in countless wards and formations, from which the strongest could kill even someone like him.

And he won't send Archangels due to tension between Heaven, Grigori, and Devils. On top of that, the human forces of the Church are getting harassed every day in Europe. Apparently, my and Zekram's schemes have worked perfectly.

Even some devils started harassing them, and I leaked some information about the location of members of Clans Leviathan, Beelzebub, and Asmodeus to Grigori and Heaven that were on Earth... they could do the dirty work for me.

"If we find them, we shall kill them. We will fulfill two goals at the same time. Weaken the plans of Heaven and obtain good graces from Shinto before negotiating with them. Also, how is your current strength, Grayfia after taking God Corpse Potion?"

I commented as I asked Grayfia.

"I was able to strengthen my body to the Ultimate-Class, and I feel that my Demonic Energy Reserves are expanding at a faster speed; within a decade or two, I should reach Satan-Class with ease."

Said Grayfia proudly. It would be good if she managed to achieve that before the Great War. I should help her by giving her some resources and access to special rituals I have used on myself to speed up the process.

"Also... I didn't thank you for the potion."

She said quietly as she stood in front of me, and like thunder from the clear sky, she kissed me all of a sudden.

At first, I was surprised, but then I returned her kiss with equal passion. Apparently, she must have found that I had slept with Venelana, and while Grayfia was good at masking it, she was very competitive. Especially when the competitor was another young heiress with a similar background as hers, so she could not admit defeat.

After several minutes we separated, with the only trace of saliva between us.

"..."

I stared at her for several seconds before kissing her once more. It was weird, but it was different than Venelana. When I kissed Grayfia, I felt like I was whole; it was due to her being Lucifuge and me being Lucifer.

It was in our genetics that we would be attracted to each other.

13. Threadmarks: Chapter 102 – Territory of the Youkai
    Trafford

Several days later, outside Japan.

"Do you think we can enter undetected, Zeoticus?"

Asked me Grayfia as we stood outside Japan.

Entire Japan was enveloped in the enormous magical barrier, whose purpose wasn't blocking entries but rather scanning being and undercover those with magical power and alerting Shinto about them entering Japan.

The barrier itself would activate the moment it detects somebody with magical power, currently Unit. With this method, Shinto has practically covered the entire nation and absolute control over who entered and left the country.

"We can, such big barrier, unless created by someone on Apocalypse-Class with expertise in this type of magic or God with Divinity over Magic at Mighty Stage God, will have some weak spots. We just need to find them and disrupt the flow of magical power in the barrier, and we can enter."

I explained as I cast a detection spell, and Grayfia did the same as I taught her some spells.

Several hours later, it was Grayfia who found the weak spot in the formation.

"Good, and now we will do this."

I said as I used some magical power to disrupt the flow of the formation in the weak spot.

"Quickly enter... it won't last longer than ten seconds."

I said as I unleashed my ten wings, flew through the spot, and entered Japan, with Grayfia flying closely behind me. As we entered the place, the barrier soon continued operating normally as it repaired itself rather quickly.

"Now, where are we?... Kyushu... we need to get into Kyoto."

We were in Kyushu, which is not so far from Kyoto, at least not far from the supernatural beings that could cross great distances within one day. For example, I, at my top speed, could easily travel through the entire planet within 6 hours, as Draconic Deus wasn't a large planet.

Kyoto is the Imperial Capital of Japan and also the Spiritual Capital. It has the highest concentration of the Youkai, Gods, and other supernatural beings in Japan. The reason for that was that the main entrance to the Takagahamara Realm was located there.

Contrary to the Nine Realms, Takamagahara wasn't a Dimensional Pahtneon World. Still, rather it was originally naturally born pocket dimension that later became something akin to a divine world when many gods of Shinto infused their Divine Kingdoms into that pocket dimension, giving birth to the Takagahamara.

The origins of Olympus were the same.

"We should move... Kyushu is close to the place where forces of Church and Angels are concentrating... we should look for them. They should send maximally someone or two Cadre-Class Angels, which I should be able to handle, while you will take care of weaker angels. No one can survive."

I said with a bloodthirsty voice as I could not wait to spill the blood of some angels. Grayfia just nodded and flew behind me as we were searching for angels that were in Japan. As we were flying through the lands of Japan, I observed the country itself.

Medieval Japan was an absolute shithole. The current year 1414, around 50 years before the start of the Sengoku Period, or the commonly known Warring State Period, where Japan was engulfed in constant wars for about 150 years.

"Land down."

As we landed down and went by foot, I said as I felt some disturbances through detecting spells. Currently, it was deep night, so it was a time when most Youkai were active, and some malicious would often hunt for humans as their prey.

We were walking for about twenty minutes before I stopped and took out my scythe Rosenkreutz. I silently chanted a spell, a Strategic-Tier Spell [Hell Flame], as dark red flames materialized out of nothing around my scythe. When they grew to sufficient size, I released them in a full might around my surrounding, burning down everything in diameter of two hundred meters.

After the dust had settled, I looked around and scanned the area.

"Ohh, not dead yet?"

I muttered in surprise as I looked at the half-charred body of Onis that were following us. All of them were Ultimate-Class beings in terms of physique, meaning they were pretty strong.

"They were following us?"

Asked Grayfia, surprised and ashamed at the same time that she couldn't detect them.

"Indeed. You don't need to worry that you cannot detect these guys. In their home turn and during the night, they are strongest. Not to mention that they can use Negative Energy during the night to boost their strength even more. These ones should be some rogue Onis."

I said as I swung my scythe and ended their pathetic lives. At the same time, I used Devour to absorb their Life Energy, as it would help my physique.

[Life Energy of 4 Ultimate-Class Oni absorbed. Physique collectively increased by 15 points.]

Each of my physical attributes was increased by 5 points. My bad for killing these guys in so a crude manner and not killing them instantly; it wasted too much precious Life Energy.

Oni were species similar to devils living in Japan and its affiliated realms. They were a race of negative energy and were often regarded as evil spirits. They looked mostly humanoid, with one or two horns on their forehead.

Contrary to devils, who were more inclined to Energy Training and magic overall, Oni was a race of physical warriors. Rarely were some Oni spellcasters or magicians, and all of them were warriors and were extremely dangerous in close combat. For them, it was very simple to reach Ultimate-Class in physique, as long as they trained for several decades.

Onis that were tailing us were rogue ones, meaning they were kicked out of their tribe or clan for committing some crime. They probably felt that we were reeking negative energy and wanted to kill us so they could eat us and get stronger through eating us.

Similar to devils who could eat souls, Oni could get stronger from eating the flesh of beings of negative energy, such as devils.

14. Threadmarks: Chapter 103 – Killing Angels in Japan
    Trafford

"Come Grayfia... we are nearing the hole where Angels and Exorcists are coping up. We need to dye it red."

I said as we went on the move once more. Soon enough, we have come to see a small city, housing probably a few thousand people. What was interesting was there were several churches there, so we had just hit the right place.

"Hmm... Grayfia cast concealment spell on this area, and when I am ready, you will break it."

I ordered as Grayfia cast the spell, and I was creating another.

My newest creation, the first Ultra-Order Spell ever exist [Lightning Judgement]. Currently, I have two Ultra-Order Spells, one of them was Lightning Judgement, and another one was Dimensional Slash, which was redesigned as an Ultra-Order Spell.

I planned to do the most simple thing to lure the rats out of the holes.

Destroy this entire city. Based on the number of churches here and the population, it should be one of the major strongholds of Heaven and the Church in Japan. The best thing was that not even Takagahamara would say anything about me massacring some humans, as they were already converted to the faith of their enemies, so Gods wouldn't care if some humans that betrayed them died by my hand. And I didn't care about the life of anything that wasn't my ally.

This was the first time I was casting Ultra-Order Spell; it took me five minutes to create a spell matrix for the Ultra-Order Spell [Lightning Judgement]. When Grayfia saw that I was done, she released the concealment spell, as it could interfere with my casting, and I released the spell onto the quiet night city.

Out of nowhere, an enormous thunderbolt hit the ground and razed one-third of the city to the dust. Immediately, several light figures appeared in the air, with their eight wings spread fully, as they tried to create a barrier against other lightning strikes.

Still, the barrier was cracked like fragile glass, and three Ultimate-Class Eight Winged Angels and a whole bunch of Six Winged High-Class Angels were pulverized to oblivion.

When the third strike sounded, the entire city was just a pile of rubbles and ruins, where not even bodies of killed humans and angels remained.

As the fourth strike was landing on the city, a figure suddenly appeared before the lightning strike to finish survivors of Church and Heaven hiding in the underground of the Church that was protected by rather a strong barrier.

It was an angel in golden armor, holding a golden spear with ten pure white wings.

A Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel has appeared.

"When he blocks that, go and kill everything that breathes. Let me know if you cannot handle them, and I will help you."

I said as I reminded her not to push herself too much. There should be at least two or three Ultimate-Class Eight Winged Angels hiding in the basement, protecting there something precious, as they didn't dare to leave the room.

And only after the entire town was turned to ash has their leader, a Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel appeared.

He outstretched his spear and cast out a barrier before himself to stop the last lightning strike that was about to hit the target.

I watched in wonder as I had to admit that the Angel was strong, but unfortunately for him, not strong enough. Even though he managed to block the last lightning strike, he was still injured by it.

After that, I spread my ten wings and flew to the Angel, as he had already noticed me, while Grayfia went to the place where rats were hiding to do a small clean-up.

'Architect scan.'

[Class: Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel

Holy Energy: 359 (521)

Strength: 101

Agility: 100

Vitality: 98

Condition: Injured]

'Hmm... much weaker than me.'

"So, what are Angels and rats from Church doing here in Japan? Are you perhaps lost? Or running?"

I mocked as I prepared my spells while Angel looked at me stoically, but I knew he was panicking inside as I was outside his league of power and could easily kill him.

He probably won't say anything of use to me.

"Not talking... shame, then have a nice journey."

I said as I shot several Dark Light Spears after the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel. This one was injured, his physical body was several times weaker than mine, and he used nearly half of his energy reserves to block my spell and injured.

Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel spread his wings and tried to dodge an incoming barrage of the Dark Light Spears, successfully, albeit a few of them still managed to hit him and cause him energy poisoning, as the Dark Light was poisonous to everyone with Darkness or Light attribute.

Seeing the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel still holding up, I decided to change a strategy a little, and this time I used Truth-Seeking Orb Style to condense tens of the Dark Light Orbs that shot towards the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel at tremendous speed.

As the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel was successfully dodging the fast Dark Light Orbs, I grinned, as at the same time, all thirty or so Dark Light Orbs exploded and created an enormous wave of the Dark Light that swept everything in its way.

Fortunately, Grayfia was already in the underground space under the Church, or she would have been hit too.

As the explosion settled down, the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel was killed in it.

"Hmm... this would be the first time I would be using Devour on such a high-ranking pure angel."

I muttered as I used Devour and felt Holy Energy from Angel being devoured and refined as my own energy reserves expanded by around 16 Units, reaching 640 Units altogether.

Though I felt a bit dizzy after devouring Holy Energy from the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel, I noticed that my Devour became even easier to use and could absorb even more energy. Probably my mastery went higher as I devoured the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel.

15. Threadmarks: Chapter 104 – Rich Loot
    Trafford

After killing the Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel, I went to the location where Grayfia was dealing with the weaker ones that were just on the Ultimate-Class or High-Class.

Grayfia was much stronger than all Angels, so she killed them all with rather ease, and with one of the most basic spells of the Tier Magic System, called Counter Spell, she could easily defend against Light and Holy attributed attacks from them.

On the other side, most human exorcists were just Middle-Class, and only one or two were High-Class, so they weren't any kind of threat. Humans in Draconic Deus were just at the bottom of the ladder... probably from the intervention of Pahtneons since ancient times.

It seemed logical.

In Astral Boundary, humans were among the strongest species, with Arcanists and Warlocks leading and having countless powerhouses. Probably before or shortly after the Dimensional Gap was created, the Gods of Draconic Deus severed paths for humans to get stronger and made them depend on faith.

Not something rare across countless planes of Astral Boundary. Those planes ruled by Gods usually have other species living there on a tight leash. Often crippling their lineages, it would be impossible for them to practice any Power System or entirely depend on Gods. It would be dangerous for them if their subjects could get stronger without dependence on faith... often, it would lead to violent retaliation.

Across Draconic Deus existed many books and information about Astral Boundary, especially in older factions. There were even inheritance sites in the Dimensional Gap of mighty begins of other races that fell here.

"Grayfia, what have you found there?"

I asked as I looked around, searching for something of value that they were so vehemently protecting.

"It's there..."

Pointed Grayfia at a huge chest that was inscribed with countless protective runes. As I looked at them closely, they were Divine Runes crafted by a god, and these looked like runes crafted by Yahweh himself.

I opened the chest and almost froze in shock.

Hundreds of Divine Crystals were there, and the most shocking thing was that they were all of High-Grade. Intermediate Divinity Stage Gods used divine Crystals in the High-Grade to strengthen their powers and Divinity.

These were priceless. With such an amount, one could practically create twenty to thirty Intermediate Gods from nothing. This, of course, led me to a question, what Heaven wanted to do with such a huge amount of Divine Crystals.

The only Pantheon currently that had the ability to produce such an amount was, of course, only Heaven. The fact there was present one Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel and several Ultimate-Class Eight Winged Angels wasn't a good sign.

"Grayfia searches the room for clues... maybe we could find what they were trying to do with such amount of High-Grade Divine Crystals."

Grayfia then went to search for clues as I did the same thing. I did the same thing, and we started searching underground rooms that were hidden under the Church. After several minutes, I found some Divine Grimoires on the Divine Magic of Gods, and soon enough, I had my answer.

They were trying to create the artificial Divine Kingdom that Yahweh had designed here in Japan. Every God had their Divine Kingdom, Gods would often create their Divine Kingdoms outside the plane they Ascended, or they would infuse their Divine Kingdoms into Pantheon Dimensional World to make it stronger.

Usually, Gods were stronger in their Divine Kingdoms. Angels here in Japan were trying to create the artificial Divine Kingdom that would give them a stable foot in Japan that would allow them to create a practically turtle shell fortress.

While the artificial Divine Kingdom would be weaker than the genuine one, with Yahweh's number of followers, he had more Divine Crystals than other Mighty Gods of the same rank. He used most of them to strengthen Heaven to create an extremely strong Divine Kingdom and only a few on himself.

He could easily strengthen this artificial Divine Kingdom to rival the genius one.

If Angels had one here, they could easily recover their strength, as Angels would regenerate many times faster in an environment filled with Holy Power. They could also connect this place directly to Heaven and start a bigger invasion if needed. They were pretty unlucky; they didn't manage to construct it before I came.

If they did, then I couldn't destroy it. Only combined forces of many gods of Takagahamara and at least three Greater Gods would stand a solid chance to destroy something like that. The reason for that would be the strong Divine Kingdom, and on top of that, Yahweh would send at least two Archangels to protect that place.

With the amount of Divine Crystals I had, I could give some of them to Hela, it would easily allow her to reach the peak of Intermediate Divinity Stage God, and she would have a good chance to enter Greater God Stage.

Or she could create her Divine Kingdom, as she still didn't create one. Maybe I can convince her to fuse her Divine Kingdom to the Underworld, though that would be risky, as they are several other gods inhabiting Underworld, and such action could cause war.

Especially with Hades, his Divine Kingdom was infused to the Underworld, and it was no secret that he despised devils. While he wasn't exactly the strongest Greater God in the Draconic Deus, he was a pain in the ass to deal with due to his Divinity.

I used a spell to store the chest with Divine Crystals. I would think about their usage later... they could also be used as money as such things as Divine Crystals used as currency across the Astral Boundary.

"Come, we need to get out... I want to have this entire mess already behind me."

I said to Grayfia.

As we exited, she cast a most destructive spell to set everything in here on flames, so even ruins would be turned to ash.

After that, we went to Kyoto and to the final destination of Takamagahara.

16. Threadmarks: Chapter 105 – Three Rulers of Takamagahara
    Trafford

Kyoto, Japan, 1 hour later

"We need to go to the Temple. Its guardian should allow us to pass through to enter Takamagahara."

I said as we went through the night streets of Kyoto. Several city districts were fully lit up as it was night, and countless Yokai were strolling the streets. There were many species of them, as they have a plethora of different forms, though most of them have a human-like form with animalistic accents or have to shapeshift to assume such a form.

Kyoto Temple was a place where the portal leading straight to the Takamagahara was located and was protected by the Gatekeeper, who was usually the High Priest of the Amaterasu-no-Omikami.

The current High Priest was, by all information gathered, some Dragon called Ryuzen. According to the Astral Boundary classification of Dragons, his strength moved around Immemorial Dragon Level 2 or Level 3. Here in Draconic Deus, he would be classified as a Dragon King.

When we entered the Temple, we saw an elderly-looking man in priest clothing, as he held a staff in his right hand.

"Devils... Lucifer and Lucifuge. Come, they await you."

Said the man as we followed after him. Truthfully, I wasn't that surprised he knew we were coming, as Japan was under heavy surveillance from the Gods.

"You must be the current High Priest of the Shinto, Ryuzen. It is a pleasure, Your Excellency."

I said with a slight bow.

"Oh? Then, allow me to welcome you, Lord Lucifer and Lady Lucifuge."

Said the man, as he too bowed slightly.

"On our way here, we encountered a small town controlled by Angels and Church. They were building a base there."

I said.

"By your wording, I could judge that the town is not in existence anymore, Angels and forces of Church, including."

Said High Priest Ryuzen.

"Indeed. There was a Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel and several Ultimate-Class Eight Winged Angels among them, including many weaker ones and at least one thousand Human Exorcists."

I explained as Ryuzen suddenly halted in his steps.

"Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angel, you say? According to our intel, we are currently aware of five Cadre-Class Ten Winged Angels that are operating in Japan. All of them are under the watch of Intermediate Gods and waiting to be killed. These ones must have come to the country unnoticed... how troublesome. What have you found there?"

Questioned Ryuzen with a serious voice.

"They were trying to build the artificial Divine Kingdom there, underneath the town. Unfortunately for them, they were killed before they could implement their plans."

I explained while omitting some minor details as a number of Divine Crystals I have found.

"Wait here... I need to report this immediately."

Stated High Priest Ryuzen as he teleported out.

After several seconds he teleported back.

"Come this way."

He said as he led us to some kind of a platform, which suddenly lit up, and several figures walked out of it.

The first one resembled a young man with long and spiky black hair and gold eyes. He was dressed in armor that appeared to be of Chinese design. It consists of five parts-the white undergarment, gold pauldrons, the gold and red vest, gold arm bracers, and gold and white pants. In his right hand, he held long katana with a gold and silver handle.

I recognized him as Susanoo-no-Mikoto, a Greater Divinity Stage God. He had divinity over Storms and Seas.

The second man was a tall slim man, appearing in his mid to late twenties, with long silky silver hair flowing past his shoulders. His outfit is a purplish-blue and white kimono with Moon-representative ornaments.

This was Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto, a, a Greater Divinity Stage God.

He was the God of the Moon.

The last person to come out of the portal was a woman.

She was a fit, beautiful young woman with long black hair around twenty years old. She wore clothing similar to Ryuzen; just her aura was that of a god.

Amaterasu-no-Omikami is a pinnacle, a Greater Divinity Stage God and Goddess of Sun.

These three Greater Gods were basically rulers of the Takamagahara and the entire Shinto Pantheon.

"Descendant of Lucifer, you wished to speak with Shinto Trinity. Now speak."

Said Amaterasu with an aloof voice.

"Thank you for granting me an audience, honorable Gods of Takamagahara."

I said as I bowed, showing my respect.

Gods were arrogant creatures, especially the strongest ones of strong Pantheons. To be granted an audience with all three rulers of the Takamagahara was something I didn't expect.

At most, I awaited that they would send a Heavenly Messenger God as a negotiator. Probably the info about Angels building here the artificial Divine Kingdom must have been shocking for them.

"As you are aware that soon enough, the war between three Christian Factions would erupt, and we devils hope that you, as Shinto Pantheon, could attack the influence of the Church on Earth and eradicate it. Within your capabilities, of course."

I explained.

"What about Yahweh? I doubt he would just watch his followers getting exterminated one by one."

Asked Tsukuyomi.

"He is not a problem. Great Satans have a method to make it impossible for him to intervene. Lord Bael already contacted Pale Blood of Yharnam, Werewolf Tribes, and Olympians from which all of them would make a move on forces of Heaven and Church on Draconic Deus."

I stated.

Three of them looked at each other, probably communicating telepathically, before deciding on the next course of action.

"Very well, Shinto will make a move on Church."

Amaterasu-no-Okami said after a several-second long pause.

17. Threadmarks: Chatper 106 – That Went Well…
    Trafford

"Then I must thank you, Excellencies, and now we will take a leave."

I said as Grayfia and I teleported out. We appeared in the outskirts of the Gremory territory in the predestined location I set up.

"That went well..."

Said Grayfia from behind me.

"Yes, but still, I hate gods. They always look down at us... just wait once you fall from grace."

I muttered.

Path of Gods was a fickle thing. While being God gives you immense lifespan and powers, most gods depend on Faith to create Divine Crystals so they can restore Divine Power quickly. For example, if God used all of his Divine Power, it would take him decades to regenerate and reach full state.

That was due to the special nature of the Divine Power. To speed up this process, Gods used Divine Crystals, which was basically crystalized the Power of Faith that came from the Faith of their followers. Once gods are cut off, they would get much weaker.

In the future, when the world gets more technological and Faith becomes something obscure, Gods will get much weaker. Their supply of Faith would be much smaller, which would mean fewer Divine Crystals, which in turn would mean, for first: making it almost impossible for Gods to get stronger, and for a second, will basically cripple their ability to make a move.

If they attacked or did something and used most of their energy reserves, they would be forced to recuperate for a long time, as they cannot use Divine Crystals to regenerate their energy reserves without planning for the future.

The beginning of the technological age will mark the tremendous weakening of Gods and Pantheons in their ability to expand and attack others. Of course, Pantheons with strong and long foundations will be less affected due to their long history and many trump cards.

And species such as Devils, Pale Blood, Werewolves, Youkai, Buddhas, and others would become real powerhouses. Of course, with the exception of some Pantheons, which would enforce their Faith even in that age, such as Hindu.

At the same time, at the Kyoto Shinto Shrine.

"Are you sure this is a smart move, Amaterasu? Meddling in the war between their factions?"

Asked Tsukuyomi, as he was always the most moderate among the three of them.

"Who knows... but this time is the best to strike at Church and annihilate its influence from Japan. We need to secure dominance over humans in the future... don't forget what happened in Pantheons across the Astral Boundary that let humans grow too much."

Said Amaterasu in a stern voice.

"I doubt these humans will learn magic, or Warlock Cultivation or Arcanist System."

Remarked Susanoo from her side.

"Of course, they won't... but when they start pursuing the path of technology, their Faith in gods will weaken, and after several centuries it will be just a small fragment of what it was. Less Faith means less Divine Crystals, and less Divine Crystals mean we can't use our Divine Power too much as we won't have effective means to regenerate it instantly."

Explained Amaterasu to her two brothers.

"So, what do you want to do after this mess passes up?"

Asked Susanoo.

"We will need to meddle more with human affairs. While our religion is not suitable to be a theocracy, it needs to be strong among people even after centuries to pass. And to achieve that, the first step is to push out all foreign religions from our turf. From now on, start giving a blessing to martially talented humans to strengthen them... maybe turn them into Divine Guards and have them create their Clans with a bit of Divine Blood. Invest more resources into Five Principal Clans... their patriarchs are only at middle stages of Ultimate-Class... we need to push it up."

Explained Amaterasu her plans for the future.

"What about those Devils? They would profit too much from this mess... more precisely that one that came, if they became too powerful, it would be detrimental."

Said Tsukuyomi.

"I know, hopefully, that war will result in their mutual destruction, and I doubt Hades, Seth, or Izanami will leave them be after they are weakened. They will attack the first moment they see to seize devil-controlled parts of the Underworld. For these Gods, it is the only path to become Mighty Stage God."

Explained Amaterasu.

"That would be ideal."

Underworld, Gremory Territory, Castle Fuerig

After returning from the Takamagahara, practically all things I needed to do were complete, and I had some free time.

I had already promised Venelana that I would meet with her parent and we would have dinner. I even met her brother, future Lord Bael.

He was younger than her by several decades, and truth is told, he was pitifully weak. He was only around in the later stages of the High-Class, and he didn't train often. Just a bit of my aura and killing intent was able to scare him for life.

Of course, an aura of someone like me at Satan-Class was not something someone at High-Class would be able to withstand.

Now I was observing my familiar, Bloody Thorny Flower, which was already at the pinnacle of the Commander Level.

[Race: Bloody Thorny Flower

-

Level: Commander

Magical Power: 99

Strength: 99

Agility: 75

Vitality: 80

-

Abilities: Take Root, Corpse Feeding, Poison Spit, Basic Elemental Magic]

'Hmm... I will feed it several General Level monster corpses so it can reach the next evolutionary stage and then next, and next and become the terrifying enemy. Maybe I should go to Familiar Forest and try to get other familiars. Some have terrifying potential if groomed correctly, such as Nemean Lion or Wampus Cat; both would be tremendously useful. Especially Wampus Cat, which can cover for my weakness in Illusions, Mind Magic, and Hypnosis.'

I thought in my head about my next trip to the Familiar Forest.

Additionally, I also wanted to go to the Sunset Monster Mountain Range to explore the inner layer once more. Even though I knew it was risky as my grandfather Zeldris was killed there; it was an immense opportunity to obtain the corpses of some Monarch Level monsters and increase my power.

18. Threadmarks: Chapter 107 – Will you go kill monster with me?
    Trafford

Several months have passed.

As planned, I gave fifty High-Grade Divine Crystals to Hela to reach Pinnace Intermediate God and see if she had a chance to reach Greater God before the Great War. Unfortunately for me, she told me to reach Greater God; she would need to condense new Divine Authority.

For Innate Gods, this was impossible, as they gain Divine Authority only when they ascend to godhood. For them, the only way to acquire new Divine Authority was to obtain and absorb the Divine Spark of another god of the same or similar alignment.

Hela was able to reach Intermediate God without acquiring new Divine Authority for a simple reason, as she was once god, that lost godhood.

"So, have you found suitable targets who have the same Divine Authority as you?"

I asked Hela, who was sitting across from me; this time, she was not wearing her black-green battle armor but rather typical Asgardian clothes that usually female aristocrats over there wore. I had to admit; that she looked gorgeous.

"Yes. First, two could be ruled out immediately, as they are Hades, Osiris, and Izanami. They are also out-of-question Gods, namely Seth, Anubis, and Morrigan. But I have found a target... apparently, Ereshkigal is still alive even after the Sumerian Pantheon was massacred and is hiding in the Underworld... somewhere around Sunset Monster Mountain Range. If we are able to find her, killing her is a simple thing. If I get the Divine Spark, I can bring out her Divine Authority and assimilate it within a decade perfectly."

Hela explained her plan to me.

All Gods she named were major gods in the Underworld. Especially Hades, Izanami, and Osiris, as all three of them were top-tier Greater Gods with immense Divine Power reserves and terrifying might, not to mention endless armies standing behind them.

"Ereshkigal? Didn't she have been granted control over the Underworld by the World's Will?"

I asked, surprised.

"Indeed, she holds one of the parts."

If that is the truth, then even I could get something out of killing her. In the Underworld, there existed a group of gods that had been granted control over the Underworld and could, to a certain degree, warp reality in the Underworld and become stronger.

They were called Gods of the Underworld. For example, Hades, Izanami, and Osiris were one. Ereshkigal was another one. For my future plans, I needed to have all four control parts of the Underworld, and for now, getting one from Ereshikgal was the best to start.

Hades, Izanami, and Osiris were looking for her frantically from the moment she disappeared when her Pantheon fell. If one of those three would get her control part, then with enough time, he would be able to overpower the other two.

"Then it is splendid, as I planned to visit Sunset Monster Mountain Range in the near future, to enter the inner layer to hunt for Monarch Level monsters."

I said it was decided we would venture into the Sunset Monster Mountain Range. Getting Hela going with me is for the best, as she was stronger than most Monarch Level monsters, so I would have another security over my head during my trip there.

"Zeoticus, I heard some disturbing news from Japan. Evidently, Shinto Gods have descended among humans and have started strictly enforcing their faith and germinating loyal followers. They even established official organizations to spread their faith, Cult of Shinto headed by High Priest Ryuzen."

As Hela said that, I was deeply surprised.

Obviously, Amaterasu was much smarter than she looked to be. Shinto Pantheon didn't have a unified religious organization, which made spreading and grooming the faith very hard. Truth to be told, not many Pantheons did something like this, with the exception of Yahweh and maybe some, as it was too troublesome and the gods were lazy.

"Smart move... they are preparing for the future. They don't wish to lose the majority of their followers to advancement in technology when humans would gradually forget gods."

I said.

"Also, they have been making moves on weak Pantheons in pacific Asia, annihilating several of them. While the strongest god they killed was only Intermediate God, they ended three Pantheons, and altogether 70 Gods have fallen. They are also spreading their faith to other humans that are out of reach Hindu or Celestial Court."

Even expansion?

In the future, Shinto Pantheon will probably be pretty strong. Compared to other Pantheons that will fall with the passage of time, such as Olympians, as mortals won't be worshipping them, they would get an enormous advantage.

Of course, I wonder, now that Olympians will be making a move against Church, they may be able to spread their faith more and keep it alive much longer compared to what it was in history.

However, I wonder, as even right now, their faith is not that strong among mortals.

"Observe them carefully; they could easily turn into our enemies. Especially in the future..."

I said seriously.

"Of course. If possible, I plan to sabotage them and weaken their influence without them tracking it back to us. If Takamagahara grows too strong, it would be detrimental for development in the Underworld."

What Hela said was right.

The stronger Shinto Pantheon was, the more troublesome it would be to take down Izanami and take her Control Sequence of the Underworld.

On the other side, I didn't have similar concerns about Hades or Osiris.

Egyptian Pantheon fell a very long time ago, and their gods had retreated to seclusion centuries ago when their influence in the Draconic Deus was rooted out. They wouldn't spend too much of their already non-existent resource on saving one god.

In regard to Hades, while the Olympians were a stronger and deeper foundation, the relationship between Zeus and Hades was terrible at best, so even if Hades is attacked, Zeus won't send any help too fast, as he would want Hades to suffer a great loss first.

So if an attack is made quickly and Hades is killed before reinforcements arrive, all good.

19. Threadmarks: Chapter 108 – Playing Monster Hunter
    Trafford

When I first entered the Sunset Monster Mountain Range, I was just a weak High-Class shortly after my rebirth. It was several years ago, but it seemed like decades to me.

Now I was in the Satan-Class with combat prowess to defeat anyone at the same rank as me.

"Last time I was here, it was when I was High-Class, and I didn't dare to venture to Inner Layer, and this time we are going to the Core Layer."

The entire Sunset Monster Mountain Range could be divided into three layers. Outer Layer, where the strongest monster was at the Commander Level, then the Inner Layer, where there was an abundance of General Level Monsters, and finally a Core Layer, where Monarch Level monsters were living. Of course, there were even Emperor Level monsters in the Core Layer, whose strength was comparable to the Super-Devil Class or Great God Stage, but they were usually sleeping in their nests, not bothering with anything.

"And now, how do you want to find Ereshkigal here, Hela? Sunset Monster Mountain Range is an enormous place."

I commented from the side as I watched Hela wearing her tight battle suit, enhancing her womanly curves to the maximum. While as Devil, my primary sin wasn't Lust, I had to admit after sleeping with Venelana; Lust has become one of my secondary sins.

"She would be hiding in the Core Layer. If it is so dangerous, then it would be a perfect choice for a hiding spot, as nobody would search there for her."

Said Hela with a smile.

We strolled through the Outer Layer like nothing as all monsters immediately ran away when they saw us due to our overwhelming aura.

"How long till we reach Inner Layer Zeoticus?"

Asked Hela with a bored tone.

"When we see first General Level monsters running away from us, we would be either already in the Inner Layer or extremely close to it."

I said as I already knew the layout and my way around here. Hela just nodded, not betraying her hope that we would soon arrive at the Inner Layer and then to the Core Layer.

After twenty minutes, we finally arrived at the Inner Layer. Inner Layer was full of the General Level monsters, and Commander Level monsters were everywhere.

As we were talking and observing various species living in the Sunset Monster Mountain Range, not even one of them dared to make a move on us, and all of them just escaped or pretended they didn't see us.

One must know that monsters on the General Level had the same intelligence as average intelligent species, so they knew very well who not to provoke. Soon enough, we arrived at an enormous valley, deep within the Inner Layer of the Sunset Monster Mountain Range, that was the path to the Core Layer.

Not many devils have entered the true depths of the Sunset Monster Mountain Range. As I was admiring the beautiful nature here, all the various plants and trees suddenly heard a roar.

I looked in the distance, and I saw a Monarch Level Violet Tattooed Bear.

Violet Tattooed Bear was a monster of the bear species, with terrifying physical abilities and high resistance to energy-type attacks, due to its steel-like hide and fur. It was called Tattooed because as this species of bears grew older, they would get various patterns on their body. All of them were magical and could release magical attacks during the fight.

"It is a Violet Tattooed Bear, Monarch Level. Physical ability is astonishing, and I don't want to use Ultra-Order Spells to deal with it, so it is yours. Remember not to destroy Nuclei."

I said to Hela seriously. I wanted to fight strong opponents, as I had become a bit battle maniac after my rebirth, as every time I fought somebody strong, my blood was boiling, and I was in a state of absolute bliss.

While my physique was strong, it was nowhere near to competing with Violet Tattooed Bear, so I let Hela kill it. She was a close-combat fighter and was good as hell. Of course, I warned her not to destroy its Nuclei, as it was a valuable thing for me to Devour. It could increase my energy reserves by some amount.

Hela's fighting style was brutal... nicely said.

When she heard that, she grinned with a bloodthirsty grin and conjured two Necroswords as she rushed at the Violet Tattooed Bear.

Violet Tattooed Bear noticed somebody was attacking him, so he used his massive pawns to strike Hela down, but alas, she was too fast for his reflexes. She dodged Violet Tattooed Bear's paw strike, jumped in the air, high above the Violet Tattooed Bear's head, and slashed down with her Necroswords.

In the split of the second, a huge paw of the Violet Tattooed Bear fell down, as it was perfectly sliced off. I observed this battle from an aside, and I noticed why her combat style was so effective.

She was using her Magical Power and Divine Power to enhance her strikes and weapons so that they would cause more damage. On top of that, her Power of Death was practically unhealable in Draconic Deus by normal or standard means.

The bear roared in pain as Hela landed behind the bear's back and threw her two Necroswords at the Violet Tattooed Bear, piercing through its legs as two missiles. Immediately afterward, another two Necroswrods were conjured as she ran up to the bear and sliced off the neck of the Violet Tattooed Bear.

As anticlimactic as the fight was, Hela won very easily due to her combat experiences and other sets of abilities.

Also, Violet Tattooed Bear was a rather ordinary monster with not a lot of special abilities, and as I warned Hela about its magical tattoos, she ended the fight as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary troubles.

"Bring me the Nuclei, or do you want it?"

I asked her.

"I will keep it; my Magical Power reserves are stagnating already for some time."

She answered swiftly as she tore out the Beast Nuclei out of the corpse of Violet Tattooed Bear.

20. Threadmarks: Chapter 109 – Unexpected Meeting
    Trafford

After we killed the Violet Tattooed Bear, we entered the Valley and finally arrived at the Core Layer of the Sunset Monster Mountain Range. During our journey through the Valley, we only saw several General Level monsters that ran away when they sensed our aura.

"Now what?"

I asked Hela as I looked around the enormous mountains; even the smallest one was highest than Mount Everest on Earth.

"Nothing... we will hunt and search for Ereshkigal."

Hela answered as she readied her Necroswords.

As we were prepared to move forward, suddenly, I heard someone talking.

"You are finally here."

We both turned around to see a handsome young man with long flowing red hair with, uplifted dark red bangs with a third eye on his forehead. He wore a heavily stylized three-piece suit-type outfit consisting of a black waistcoat over an untucked collared white shirt, an orange cravat, and magenta-colored trousers tucked into light brown boots. The most distinguishing feature of the outfit is the stylized high-collared robe jacket with a length that falls to the wearer's shins: the upper part and shoulders of the robe jacket are dark-colored, the rest being a teal color and the robe jacket's trimmings are gold-colored; on each shoulder is a large gold-colored Ω-symbol, on each outer forearm are three gold-colored strips of fabric and the robe jacket ends in large white cuffs. The outfit is finished with white gloves.

He gripped a sword that looked like katana in his right hand, and in his left, he had a walking cane.

When I looked at him, I felt absolutely nothing. Not even an ounce of any kind of energy... he seemed like an ordinary average human.

"What has brought Your Imperial Majesty to a place like this?"

I asked as I stepped forward before Hela, signaling her with my hand to lower her weapons. As I already know who this person was, and with his power, he could kill both of us with a wave of his hand... it would be easy, like squashing a bug.

"The right question should be not what. But rather who, young traveler."

He said with a smile as his third eye opened slightly, and my eyes widened in shock.

"Then it would be most appropriate to talk somewhere in private."

I said as he tapped with his cane on the ground three times, suddenly, the environment around me changed, and I was sitting in a garden of sorts?

It was filled with peach trees and sakura. When I looked forward, I noticed those peaches weren't ordinary fruits but rather Peaches of Immortality.

I wasn't in the Underworld.

And Hela seemingly remained in the Underworld.

"I see you like the place here... I always go here to relax my mind."

Said the young man as he came to me, and we both sat down cross-legged.

"Now allow me to introduce myself, though you already know my title, the Jade Emperor. My name is Okhwang."

Said the Jade Emperor Okhwang with a slight gentlemanly bow.

"Zeoticus Gremory-Lucifer."

I did the same.

"It is interesting to meet a fellow reincarnator... though your rebirth was devised by someone else and mine by my own."

Stated Jade Emperor Okhwang plainly. As I heard that, I froze in shock as I looked at Jade Emperor Okhwang.

"What? Did you think that reincarnators were rare? Or perhaps your own was an accident? Come and drink this."

He said as he gave me a cup of beautifully fragrant tea. I gulped the tea down in one go, as I didn't even have time to savor the wonderful taste of one of the most precious tea leaves in the entire Draconic Deus.

"You should now feel better."

He said as I nodded. Indeed I felt much calmer.

"You have mentioned that my own rebirth wasn't accidental... I have always wondered if it was indeed like that."

I said as it was useless to hide more information, especially from someone who appeared to be stronger than The Great Red.

"I can see remnants of power of the artifact that caused your reincarnation... pretty interesting. Someone of great power. My own body here is just a mere clone of my True Body in a different Universe which is built upon cultivation, but even my True Body is a bit weaker than an entity that meddled here... probably only..."

He suddenly stopped in his speech as he looked at me and waved his hand as some energy entered my body. Shortly it vanished like it never existed in the first place. Soon after, if felt something change in my body and it gave me a very warm feeling, and I felt like I was freed from something.

"You have passed even before the test."

He muttered in a very quiet voice, but I still managed to catch it.

"I would like to invite you to Longinus Dreizhen Orden. Here take this."

He said and took out something that looked exactly like a Tarot Card of the Devil Major Arcana. As I touched the Devil Tarot Card, it started shining brightly in a pitch crimson color, as it soon broke down to crimson particles that all flew and were absorbed into my body.

The Devil Tarot Card wasn't the only thing I got. Still, I additionally obtained plenty of information about the Astral Boundary, other Universe, important factions and powerhouses, and about Longinus Dreizhen Orden.

In truth, it will take a week to process all information I got from the Tarot Card, which is now fused with my soul. The Card itself wasn't only some kind of proof of membership, but also it was a top Empyrean Grade soul and mind protection treasure. Additionally, it had many other functions, most of which were not usable.

Something absolutely priceless no matter what Universe you were in.

Longinus Dreizhen Orden was a rather new organization, created only short tens of millennia ago. Altogether, it will have only 13 members in the future; now, only 6 seats were filled, 7 with me included.

21. Threadmarks: Chapter 110 – Enlightening Discussion (1)
    Trafford

Every member of the Longinus Dreizhen Orden had two identificators. One of them was Major Arcana, which was like the member's signature. Another one was the Code, which was the cover name under which the member was operating in the world.

Mine Code was Samiel Zentaur.

"From current members of the Orden, how many of them are from the Astral Boundary Universe, Deus Ex Machina?"

I called Okhwang his Code, Deus Ex Machina, while his Major Arcana was ironical, The Emperor.

"From current six, 4 are natives of your Universe. I am native to the other Universe, though I was reborn in many Universes to absorb their cultivation systems. Aside from me, Rot Spinne is not from Astral Boundary, though he is Traveller. He travels across Universes and doesn't stay in one for a longer period of time. Also, Mercurius, while a native of Astral Boundary, doesn't care about almost anything and is only an observer. And Christof Lohengrin usually sleeps and wakes up once per millennia."

Answered Okhwang. I was surprised about things he ever said about himself, but I wasn't that surprised.

Basically, you can truth another member of the Longinus Dreizhen Orden at 100%, as betrayal is impossible thanks to the Arcana Cards infused with our souls.

"What is your home Universe like?"

I asked him.

"Did you know that I created Three Realms in Draconic Deus as an experiment? I wanted to combine various cultivation systems across several universes, but it didn't go very well. I am a cultivator, but not like these here, the true one, from Universe you can call Cultivation Universe, the most common type of Universe. I came from the Ancient Dao Universe, a place stronger than Astral Boundary, which is logical as Ancient Dao Universe is really 'Ancient' in every sense. There are countless powerhouses, and people with strength like Great Red are basically everywhere. Many of them were old, billions of Terran years."

He explained with a sense of nostalgia on his face. At the same time, I was shocked listening to his description of his home.

"What about you?"

He asked me.

"When I died, it was the 25th Millenium by our dating system, also called the Golden Age of Technology. I was a scientist in the Solar Federation tasked with weapon research. We didn't have a name for our Universe, as only explored part of it was just one Galaxy, called Milky Way Galaxy, and it was a shithole. There were constant wars among species, and we waged war against Orks, sometimes with Aeldari or other species. Aeldari were the most advanced species in my homeland; they ruled a large part of the Milky Way Galaxy and had strong psychic-like powers. Once I want to return and plunder all technology from those arrogant pointy-eared bastards."

I talked a bit about my homeland.

"Aeldari? Aeldari... where I have heard that..."

Muttered Okhwang as he tried to remember the name of Aeldari.

"Oh! I remember now. It is the Immaterius Universe. God damm it, you really came from a shitty place. I heard from rumors that the place is like a dead zone, avoided by practically every powerhouse that has power across Universes. Apparently, something happened there that turned the entire place into one big no-go zone."

Siad Okhwang, as I was now intrigued about what happened in my home Universe.

"Well, if you want to return there to take a look, you should probably be at least as strong as Warlock Emperor in the Astral Boundary, which would be Lord-Class for you. Immaterius Universe has become extremely dangerous these days."

He warned me.

"Perhaps your clone can still communicate with your True Body and exchange information?"

I asked, intrigued.

"Part of that, but I got this info from the annual meeting of Longinus Dreizhen Orden. At the last meeting, Christof Lohengrin said that two newly advanced Pale Blood Ancestors stole some space-time artifact from the depths of the Divine Blood Plane, an Ancestral Home of all Pale Blood and Kindreds, and in their infinity arrogance and stupidity, by some accident they managed to open a portal to Immaterius Universe. When they arrived, the place seemed ordinary without a strong presence, but soon they were attacked and nearly killed. Fortunate enough, they managed to escape back to the Astral Boundary, while the artifact was destroyed by something there."

Said Okhwang.

I was now surprised as I knew that Ancestor rank among the Pale Blood and Kindreds was the same as Dimensional-Class for Devils, Holy Spirit Warlock for Warlocks, or Supreme God Stage.

Hearing two existences on that level could barely escape with their lives was absolutely baffling after several seconds of battle. Apparently, the waters of my homeland were far deeper than anyone in the Solar Federation could have predicted.

"Don't worry... I won't be going there anytime soon, or anywhere... unless we tore down the Dimensional Gap."

I said.

"Tearing down that pathetical spell formation is not that problematic. Though I cannot do it, as I am not a magician and don't follow your power system, we can do it together with ease."

Said Okhwang with disdain.

"Can't you destroy it with pure force?"

I asked him.

"I can, but that would lure here practically every existence on Dimensional-Class from surrounding planes. Probably tens of Holy Spirit Warlocks, Magister Arcanists and Monsters, and Supreme Gods would arrive and probably kill everything here. And this clone body of mine must return intact to the Ancient Dao Universe without a fault."

Answered Okhwang seriously.

"I have wanted to ask, what exactly is the purpose of the Longinus Dreizhen Orden?"

I asked, like one would say, a million-dollar question.

"Longinus Dreizhen Orden has many purposes, but the main and primary one was to create an organization to help its members get stronger and gather information across Astral Boundary. Later Mercurius invited Rot Spinne and me, so it stretched its influence to other Universes. Its goal is to help its members to sit upon a Divine Throne."

Answered Jade Emperor Okhwang seriously.

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 111 – Enlightening Discussion (2)
    Trafford

"Divine Throne?"

It was the first time I heard about that term; even when Hela talked about Astral Boundary she didn't mention anything like that. I only knew that the higher possible level one could attain in any Universe was a pretty obscure level.

It was called just a Great Old One.

"As you still didn't go through the memory package of Longinus Dreizhen Orden, allow me to introduce you to Universe Energy Level. You see, every Universe has something we call an Energy Level. The higher it is, the easier it is for people to get stronger, more experts will appear, more treasures will be created, and more advanced civilizations will become. When the Universe Energy Level crosses a certain threshold, a Divine Throne will be birthed out by the Universe. When someone sits upon a Divine Throne, he becomes truly omnipotent in that Universe, and only another Divine Throne can fight him. When Divine Throne is birthed, there is usually a grand war for the Divine Throne. When the last Divine Throne was birthed in my home Universe, countless powerhouses were killed, and many worlds were destroyed."

Explained Jade Emperor Okhwang.

"Does the Astral Boundary have a Divine Throne?"

I asked. I was really curious if the Astral Boundary has one.

"Nope, but the energy level is close to the threshold already."

Now I was certain that the Astral Boundary, while it wasn't some super strong place, it wasn't exactly weak either. It was good, though I wonder how exactly strong the Astral Boundary was. Truth be told, for me, it would be better if it was a bit weaker, as it would be easier to grow there.

"So we can await war here..."

I muttered.

"Yes, but the Astral Boundary is a new universe... many factions and powerhouses are very aggressive for expansion and advancement. Something was rarely seen in the in older Universes, as most factions, there are satisfied with status quo."

That was understandable. I wasn't that surprised that in old Universes, people there were content with the status quo and didn't want to change it; for them, it was too troublesome. For them creating and advancing more would mean breaking the status quo, thus breaking the comfortable life.

Such peace will eventually bring a deterioration of strength and fall of the faction in the end.

"Also, I wanted to ask, what were you doing by inserting your energy into my body, and when the Arcana Card shined, I felt how to say... comfortably weird?"

"Just a bit of help. What I did was activate something. When the card shined, it just verified if you were worthy of joining our little merry band. You know, sometimes people, gods, and other species are born with special constitutions. You were reborn, or rather during the rebirth, you have obtained Constitution of Fateless One."

He said as he looked at me.

"Seeing your confused expression allows me to educate you. Astral Boundary is not the so-called Cultivation Universe, so many of the concepts that are common knowledge in many advanced Cultivation Universes are rather rare here. One of these classifications is Constitution. It is a rather abstract term describing unique aspects of the Body and Soul. You can compare it to DNA. Every person has a constitution, but among 99,99999...% of species, their Constitution is without any abilities or advantages. Then there are exceptions, where the sequence is special, and some unique individuals are born with a special constitution. You have the Constitution of Fateless One, which is considered as one of the most precious and strongest types of Constitution."

He explained it to me, and I understood what it was. If the constitution code for all humans is, for example, "1111" it means no unique abilities to it. But if it is "1011", it means you are basically unique.

It was rather similar to the X-Gene in Marvel, though Constitution was born naturally and not from genetic engineering. You also need to activate your Constitution for it to be fully active.

"Fateless One is basically immune to the machinations of Fate; it cannot be predicted, it cannot be seen, and it cannot be influenced. No matter if some magician, prophet, seer, cultivators, or anybody tries to intervene with it, is impossible. Just because of this alone, it is enough to invite you to Longinus Dreizhen Orden as Fateless Ones are very mighty beings, and currently, there are only 3 known ones, without you included. From which 2 are old monsters that have been in secluded cultivation from immemorial times, and 3rd one is the leader of a very powerful faction in a certain universe."

Explained Okhwang.

"I think I understand a bit. How is that possible that I have never found about it?"

I asked.

"You are too weak to find out about something. And secondly, constitutions and other similar stuff are more affiliated with cultivation, and you are not a cultivator. They are easy to find with methods of cultivators but hard with methods of other power systems."

That was logical.

"Something was bugging me... if the concept of constitutions is usually related to the Cultivation Universe, then why people with special ones are born even in universes where cultivation doesn't exist?"

Suppose the concept of the Constitution was basically a cultivation concept. How was it possible that people with special constitutions appeared in the Astral Boundary, which was the magical Universe, and only Warlocks were basically bastardized, magical cultivators?

Following the logic, it should not be possible.

23. Threadmarks: Chapter 112 – Enlightening Discussion (3)
    Trafford

"That is an easy question to answer. You see, the Universe has two most important things to know. One is called Laws, basically the working mechanisms of the Universe. The second one, superior to Laws, is called an Aspect. An Aspect is stating the nature of the Universe itself. One of the most common Aspects is the Aspect of the Power Progression / Advancement / Cultivation... it depends. Without that Aspect, it would be impossible for anyone to get stronger through natural means provided by the Universe, and everyone would be forced never to get stronger. For example, if you somehow 'delete' this Aspect from this Universe, then all beings that could be considered from an ordinary mortal human point of view as supernatural would either die or stagnate for the rest of their lives; they won't be able to progress, regenerate their energies, no one would be ever able to become magician or warrior, soon enough the everything magical would die out, and Universe would be filled with just ordinary mortal humans depending on science as their only means for advancement. And additionally, they would never be able to get stronger even through scientific means, as lack of the Aspect of Strength would mean the Universe itself would prevent anyone from researching something like that. Practically almost every Universe has an Aspect of Strength, in one way or another, be it as Cultivation, Magic, Ki, or any other means. That leads to the Aspect of the Constitution. This one is almost as spread up just like Aspect of Strength across many different Universes; just the difference is that, in the cultivation Universe, cultivators gave this Aspect more weight, while in the most magical Universe not, and they didn't develop the concept properly. Though you would find some Arcanists that could easily detect and awaken unique constitutions."

Answered Okhwang. I had read about Laws, as they existed in the Astral Boundary, but I had never heard about the Aspects.

Probably something one would never learn in an entire life, or only when reached some unimaginable level of strength. I learned it early, thanks to the Longinus Dreizhen Orden member.

"Have you heard about someone who did something like that? Deleting the Aspect of Strength from Universe."

I asked curiously.

"Yes, a very long time ago. I don't remember the name of that Universe, but I know it was an incredibly advanced magical Universe with countless mighty figures and very advanced magic. It was many times stronger than even my Ancient Dao Universe. Nobody knows why, but someday, its three Divine Thrones have killed the other two Divine Thrones, and after assimilating their power, they forcefully deleted the Aspect of Strength from their Universe. Within several thousands of years, the entire Universe was filled with just ordinary humans. So much knowledge was lost, but probably those three just hoarded it."

I was shocked to hear something like that.

"Why would they do it? And didn't it affect them?"

Though I had a theory of why, as they probably feared their competitors, I wonder if it affects them in any way.

"Simple reason, their Universe was very advanced with plenty of powerhouses, and there would be more Divine Thrones rising, and they didn't want to share their power. The other two didn't agree, so they were killed. And to your second's question, no, they weren't, as Divine Throne is tied to the source of the Universe, so no matter what happens to Aspects, as long the Universe itself isn't destroyed entirely, or their Thrones aren't destroyed or absorbed, Divine Thrones are okay."

Interesting, I thought in my head.

"Though the person who created your species did plenty of interesting things in your biology. Your power system is a mix of Arcanist Path, Warlock Path, and natural evolution of Fiends from Abyss."

Said Okhwang as he looked at me. I was surprised to hear this, and it affirmed my suspicion that Lucifer didn't create the Devil Race by himself and that the Book of Lucifer wasn't from the Dimensional Gap.

"When you arrive at the Astral Boundary, you should meet Kaziklu Bey or Mercurius. They would for sure to know the origins of how your species were created. Both of them are some of the most brilliant magic users across many Universes."

Said Jade Emperor as I nodded. I was really intrigued about how devils were created, and Lucifer probably has the answer, though he doesn't understand properly.

"Do you have some compendium on Alchemy? Best magically related."

I asked him. He probably would have a lot on Alchemy that is cultivation-based, but that would be useless for me.

"What do you have for an exchange?"

"Basic Technology Packet of Solar Federation?"

In truth, this was probably the only thing I had that was of some value for someone like Okhwang.

"Not interested; what would I do with technology? Not to mention, such technology isn't exactly that rare in the vaster world. I want something else, a World-Sized Sacrificial Spell Formation."

Okhwang said as I froze on the spot.

Sacrificial Spells were common usage among especially human magicians, that didn't have any other means to obtain more power, so they used Sacrificial Spells to absorb the Lifeforce of other humans to strengthen themselves.

Of course, their way of using them was crude, and all Sacrificial Spells would leave severe backslash in the future.

"How large?"

I asked. Truth to be told, for me creating World-Sized Sacrificial Spell Formation wasn't that problematic even right now. In the future, when I reach Super-Devil Class or Apocalypse Class, then creating Sacrificial Spell Formation that envelopes even the entire Draconic Deus is a piece of cake.

"Entire Three Realms. In turn, I will give you a complete compendium of Warlock Alchemy of the Astral Boundary."

Said Jade Emperor Okhwang nonchalantly.

24. Threadmarks: Chapter 113 – End of the Discussion
    Trafford

"So that is the reason for their existence... no wonder you germinated cultivators."

It was clear why Okhwang spent so much time and energy creating cultivators in the Draconic Deus. They were nothing more than just a sacrifice to help him break through to higher realms as he reached the limit of his current cultivation system.

As he doesn't want to spend countless millennia, he decided on a shortcut, and as the clone body would be absorbed back to the True Body, he doesn't need to fear hidden injuries or backslash.

"While individually weak, they number in millions and would be a grand sacrifice. I have given those humans cultivation for that reason, so their time has come. So when can you do that?"

Said Okhwang.

"Hmm... Three Realms are huge; I need to wait until I reach Apocalypse-Class for the World-Sized Sacrificial Spell Formation to work perfectly."

While creating World-Sized Sacrificial Spell Formation at Super-Devil Class wasn't entirely impossible, it would be highly probable that the Formation could not be perfect. In rituals like that, even the slightest mistake could lead to death.

"Then good, then. But I will give you now only basic level Alchemy, rest after the deal is complete."

As I thought about it, this was the true reality of the world, where the strong ruled and the weak obeyed. With just a few sentences from Jade Emperor Okhwang and me, we have sentenced billions to die, without a second thought, without remorse.

"Splendid."

I said, as getting even a basic level of Warlock Alchemy was enough for now. Higher-level knowledge was useless for me, as I couldn't use it even if I wanted.

"I will now send you back to the Sunset Monster Mountain Range. It was a productive meeting; see you in hundred years during the annual meeting of the Longinus Dreizhen Orden."

Said Okhwang as he waved his right hand, and the environment suddenly changed, and I was in a cave, protected by some kind of Formation, and surprisingly Hela was sleeping on the stone bed.

"Sleeping soundly... she is cute when sleeping, and when she wakes up, she turns in an automatic slaughter machine. What a contrast."

I muttered silently to myself as I left Hela to sleep.

After several hours, Hela started waking up, and she held her hands to her head.

"Where are we?"

She asked.

Clearly, she lost memory of us meeting Jade Emperor Okhwang.

"In a nearby cave. When we killed that Violet Tattooed Bear, apparently, we walked into the area with poisonous gas that created hallucinations and madness, I was able to cast a protective spell on myself. Still, you inhaled some, so I put you into sleep with a spell that caught you out of guard and brought you here."

I said.

Longinus Dreizhen Orden was a secret organization, and it should remain like that. Fortunately, making up some lies about this was easy and believable, as Sunset Monster Mountain Range was really filled with treacherous places.

"Such a shameful thing... don't you ever dare to talk about this to someone else."

Said Hela with a glare.

Another reason why I have chosen this lie was due to Hela's personality. For a proud warrior like her, it was extremely shameful to fall into hallucinogen gas and then be knocked out easily by a sleeping spell.

She would probably try to forget or block this memory and never talk about it again. So she won't be delving into this.

I dispersed the barrier protecting the entrance to the cave.

"Come, we have some monsters to hunt, O Mighty Warrior."

I said half-mockingly as Hela glared at me and tried to punch me in anger, forgetting about her "shameful" incident.

We exited the cave and went to search for some more Monarch Level monsters while at the same time searching for the Goddess Ereshkigal that was hiding somewhere here. After ten minutes, we finally found some Monarch Level monsters.

It was a Bloody-Eyed Mane Lion.

It was a huge lion-like magical beast, around 25 meters tall. It had two enormous horns on its head that resembled dragon horns and piercing crimson eyes.

"Damm... Bloody-Eyed Mane Lions usually travel in packs. So if there is one, there must be more somewhere near."

I said seriously. Most of the feline magical beats were traveling in packs, which made them troublesome to deal with, even if they were not the strongest magical beasts out there.

"So what do we do?"

Asked Hela, not sure if she wanted to fight several Monarch Level Bloody-Eyed Mane Lions at the same time. While their individual strength was lower than theirs, their teamwork was the best, and thanks to it; they could easily bring down opponents much stronger than them.

"I will kill it with Ultra-Order Tier Spell. [Dimensional Slash] should kill it in one hit, and then we run. I really don't want to deal with a pack of them, if we did, then it is possible for a prolonged fight, and that could bring the attention of Emperor Level ones."

I observed the Bloody-Eyed Mane Lion as I prepared to cast the Ultra-Order Tier Spell [Dimensional Slash]. It was formerly a Strategic-Tier Spell, but it could easily be reworked into an Ultra-Order Tier and later even to the Forbidden-Tier.

This spell, due to its nature, had immense potential; I wonder how strong it would be in later stages. Space and time-related spells and magic were always some of the strongest ones, no matter what magic system you were practicing.

Soon enough, the [Dimensional Slash] spell was complete as the blade-like space tear materialized and struck the Bloody-Eyed Mane Lion. Even though the Bloody-Eyed Mane Lion was Monarch Level Monster with a strong physique, in a split of a second it was decapitated, and its body and head fell onto the ground.

"Let's that the corpse and core and get away from here... soon an entire pack of Bloody-Eyed Mane Lions would be here."

I said to Hela as I took the corpse, and we disappeared from here.

25. Threadmarks: Chapter 114 – Hunt for the Lone Goddess
    Trafford

After we had teleported out, I immediately used Devour on the corpse of the Bloody-Eyed Mane Lion. I felt how energy from the corpse was entering my body and strengthening my Physique.

[Physique evenly strengthened by +5 in all aspects.]

Said Architect.

Then I moved to absorb the magical core of the Bloody-Eyed Mane Lion. The magic core itself was pretty big, as it was of Monarch Level monster.

[Demonic Energy reserves increased by 10 Units.]

This was a pretty good increase from one Monarch Level monster. Additionally, higher-level monsters had strong vitality and life energy, meaning I could even strengthen my Physique a bit by Devouring them. And even mastery over my Clan Trait Devour would go higher, as I would keep Devouring Energies of strong opponents.

"Zeoticus, I have sensed fluctuations of Divine Power, around 5 thousand miles from our position."

Said Hela after she opened her eyes quickly.

"Hmm... that is not far from here, but close to the territories of the Emperor Level monsters, we need to be careful not to wake up any of them, or we would be in trouble."

We then flew to the location. For us, crossing a distance of five thousand miles wasn't anything hard to accomplish, just a few hours of flying at moderate speed, to not attract much attention from Emperor Level monsters or flocks of Air-type Monarch Level monsters, we soon arrived at the approximate location where Hela sensed Ereshkigal's Divine Power.

Several Monarch Level monsters appeared and pounced at us as we landed on the ground, out of nowhere. Seeing this, I knew that we were in the right place, as this was apparently a trap to kill us, as the Goddes of the Underworld must see us from afar and prepared this trap with the help of the Command Sequence.

I identified those creatures, not as monsters, but they were wyrms.

Wyrms or wyverns looked dragon-like, they just didn't have two pairs of legs, only back legs, and their front legs were fused with their wings. They usually were much smaller than dragons, they rarely could talk, and their lack resistance towards magic and aptitude for magic. This was why wyrms were more considered monsters and not dragon species. Also another big reason for such distinction was that wyrms cannot evolve like dragons and cannot embark on the dragon power system.

I instantly created Dark Light Chains, as they shot and immobilized three wyrms that were rushing at us, whole Hela ran up to them, holding Necroswords in both of her nads, and with beautiful slashes, she severed their heads, as their headless corpses fell down.

"Hmm... only initial Monarch Level. It will still do for Devour."

I muttered as I dispersed Dark Light Chains and stored the corpses of the three decapitated Monarch Level Wyverns in my storage space.

"Can you sense her?"

I asked Hela as she dispersed her Necroswords.

"Yes, she is close... that way."

She said as I followed after her.

Soon enough, we arrived at the cave entrance, which was protected by a runic barrier. The runes used in the barrier were mostly Divine Runes and various runic languages.

"Hmm... this is troublesome, but alas, some brute force would do for now."

I muttered after studying the runic barrier for a brief amount of time. I cannot breach the barrier in a short amount of time, and if I did, then it would take me at least ten minutes, and Ereshkigal would escape for sure.

So I decided to use brute force to smash it apart.

I started collecting all the Dark Light I could in both of my hands, almost depleting my energy reserves, as I threw two Dark Light balls in the air, where they started combining, forming a thunderbolt-shaped Dark Light object.

With a single wave of my hand, it hit the runic barrier at full force, causing countless cracks to appear around the runic barrier protecting the entrance to the cave. Soon, the first wave ended, but the second just started, as the runic barrier shattered into countless glass-like fragments, and a huge explosion followed after.

And then our target appeared. Even I must admit that Ereshkigal was a beautiful goddess. She was very young-looking with crimson red eyes and beautiful long wavy blonde hair. She wore a body-fit armor outfit that further enhanced her curves.

"Hello, Goddess of Underworld, Ereshkigal. You must know that it is nothing personal."

I said with a slight bow as I silently conjured a Gate of Babylon, and several weapons made out of the Dark Light pierced through her legs, stomach, arms, and heart.

I went to her, and with a wave of my hand, a Dark Light chain enveloped her head in a way to prevent her from talking. I wasn't taking any chances with a goddess like her. While I knew that she was one of the better gods that truly took care of humans and wasn't evil, she had something I needed, and in this world, strong lived, and weak died.

With a wave of my scythe Rosenkreutz, I severed her head.

"Take her Divine Spark. Within a few years, you should be able to promote to Greater God."

I said to Hela as I caught Ereshkigal's soul. With a swift spell, I annihilated her soul as I burned it with Hellflame, leaving only a tiny black crystal in my hand.

"You are a heartless man... do you know how many would do anything just to get into the good graces of Goddes like her?"

Said Hela with a false mockery as she crushed the severed head of the dead goddess. I knew that gods that had similar Divinity often didn't like each other, as they thought of each other as competition in their Divinities.

"But I like it... it makes me feel all hot."

Said Hela as she pressed her body against mine. She stared into my eyes before she suddenly turned around and started tearing out the Divine Spark of Ershkigal's corpse.

'Troublesome woman.'

I thought in my head as the black crystal fragment started shining.

26. Threadmarks: Chapter 115 – Gains of the Hunt
    Trafford

[Unknown type of energy is entering the body and fusing with the Soul.]

Said Architect's voice, as I felt something entering my body. When I looked, the black crystal that I obtained from killing Ereshkigal disintegrated and was nowhere to find.

Suddenly, the environment around me changed, and I appeared in a pitch-black space, with just one speck of light being in there.

'You have acquired 25% of the Command Sequence.'

Said the cold voice.

I recognized it.

It was the voice of the Will of the Underworld.

"Shall you obtain the rest, a grand path will unlock before you."

Said the voice of the Will of the Underworld as the surrounding around me changed once again, and I was back where I was.

'Architect, scan.'

[Name: Zeoticus Gremory-Lucifer

True Name: Dizmason (Devil Talent), Savant (Prideguard)

Race: Pure-Blooded Devil - Bloodline: Gremory, Lucifer

-

Class: Satan

Demonic Energy: 650

Strength: 461

Agility: 475

Vitality: 460

Underworld Command Sequence: 25%

-

Clan Trait:

Dark Light - Master (Gate of Babylon Style, Truth-Seeking Orb Style, Chains of Heaven Style)

The Devour - Expert

-

Magic Systems:

Tier Magic - Grandmaster

Devil Magic - Grandmaster

Norse Runic Magic - Grandmaster

Abyssal Runic Magic - Grandmaster

Human Magic - Grandmaster

-

Masteries:

Scythe - Expert]

As I looked at the result of the Architect's scan, I noticed a new column, Underworld Command Sequence. It was 25%, meaning I had 1/4 and needed to get the other three paths from Osiris, Hades, and Izanami.

My masteries also went higher, as some of them that were mainly used were at the Ultra-Order. Only Norse Runic Magic was at the Grandmaster, but that was not due to active practice but rather thanks to my understanding of Runic Magic as a whole.

After studying it for a bit, I turned to Hela, who was now toying with some Monarch Level Monster. I cast the Hellfire Spell on the Ereshkigal's body to burn it down. While I could use it in some ritual or process it into a potion, she was a good god.

If she didn't have the Underworld Command Sequence and the same Divinity as Hela, I wouldn't kill her. There weren't as many gods as her, but alas, she had something I really needed, and only her death was able to give me that.

As I watched her body burn to ashes, I went to Hela, that finished playing with Monarch Level Monster, as she decapitated its head.

I then went up to the corpse of the monster and used my Devour on it as I watched it wither and turn to the pile of bones.

[Physique evenly strengthened by +5 in all aspects.]

Strengthening by +5 in all physical aspects wasn't exactly that bad. For me, it was a good enough result. However, it was also slow at the same time, as it would require a very, very high amount of Monarch Level monsters to push my physique to the pinnacle of Satan-Class.

So the only logical choice was first to obtain Super-Devil Class combat prowess, which exactly wasn't that hard, with my Dark Light ability, as the only thing that held me down from killing Emperor Level Monster was my Energy Reserves.

I predicted that if I reached Demonic Energy Reserves of around 900 Units, I should be able to kill Emperor Level Monsters, albeit the weaker ones.

"Damm... the magical core is shattered."

I cursed, seeing that the magical core was destroyed. Hela must have destroyed it during her "play" with the Monarch Level Monster.

"I take it that you want to continue our little fun?"

Asked Hela seductively.

"Indeed, I need to increase my strength. Additionally, I feel that my mastery over the Clan Trait Devour would reach higher realms soon, after some more usage."

I answered as we soon moved to the other areas to hunt for the Monarch Level Monsters.

With Hela by my side, it was pretty easy to hunt for them as Hela was the pinnacle Intermediate God, so she could easily overpower several Monarch Level Monsters simultaneously.

And soon enough, maybe within one decade, she would reach the Greater God stage.

After that, we spent several additional days in the Sunset Monster Mountain Range as we hunted for the Monarch Level Monsters so that I could advance in strength.

Hela also forced me to fight them in close combat, which ended in me being injured, so I, in anger, obliterated the monsters with my magic. Fortunately, from then, she left me to fight with my magic and Clan Trait.

On the other side, I forced Hela to use magic in her fights instead of Necroswords. As expected, it ended the same way as me, as she was forced to use close combat and weapons to win, as her magic was still not equal to her strength.

She had enormous energy reserves of Magical Power and Divine Power, but her casting abilities were still subpar at best, even after learning from me. But what surprised me, she found out how to use many physique-strengthening spells to enchant her speed or strength.

Maybe that was for the best. Everyone had a different affinity for different spells and their usage. Hela probably had the best affinity for body-strengthening spells and some other enhancing spells.

After several days of hard work, I have managed to reach Master-ranked mastery over the Devour Clan Trait, which was probably the best thing that happened during my hunt for the Monarch Level Monsters.

Additionally, I have managed to increase my Energy Reserves to 712 Units from the previous 650 one and even strengthen my physique a bit.

"Come, we should return back... I have already gained enough for now."

I said to Hela.

Now I need some time to acclimatize to my higher energy reserves and also to train more with the Devour Clan Trait as it reaches Mastery-Ranked Mastery.

Additionally, Hela needed to absorb the Divine Spark of Ereshkigal to advance to the Greater God Stage.

"Yes, I want to absorb the Divine Spark."

Said Hela as we teleported back to Castle Fuerig.

27. Threadmarks: Chapter 116 Progress of One Year
    Trafford

1 year, Underworld, Gremory Territory, Castle Fuerig

During this one year, not many things happened, aside from me going back to the Yestera Plane and clearing it out from the Monarch Level Monsters together with Zekram and Crom Cruach.

We went there for around four months and killed every single Monarch Level Monster. Their bodies and magical cores were divided between Crom Cruach and me. Now entire Yestera Plane was under my control, and soon it would be entirely mined up.

My strength didn't increase much, though, in terms of the Energy Reserves and Physique, but I have perfectly consolidated everything I had right now, and in the near future, I can progress at a fast pace once again.

That was an important step.

To stabilize your foundation.

One of the major things that happened was that I grew much closer with Grayfia... that close that we had sex together at least once per day. Seeing that Venelana had led above her, she grew jealous, and her competitive spirit didn't let it slide away.

And in turn, several days later, after I slept with Grayfia for the first time, she and Vena got into an argument that destroyed several areas of the Fuerig Castle, as they decided to fight to solve their issues.

While Grayfia was wearing a perfect emotionless mask and was good at hiding her intentions and feelings, she was very competitive and prideful and aimed at the position of my first wife.

While Venelana already took that position to herself and decided to defend it with her strength. Both of them were prideful and did not take each other's presence well.

I just stopped meddling in this, as this was something they must decide on their own. If not, there was a high possibility that they would just be angry with me. So I ignored them wherever they were fighting; my attention ended with erecting barriers and wards to protect the castle.

Overall though, Vena was winning a full streak. Not only in their fights, as she was stronger than Grayfia, but also in other areas. Additionally, Vena was best at pissing Grayfia off, as Grayfia wasn't the most socially skilled person.

In the end, they entered a ceasefire state, where they decided not to fight with brute force with each other. Rather they started competing for my affection, which was sometimes a hilarious thing to see.

First thing, they started a cooking competition, which Grayfia won by a large margin. Vena cooked me some stew from dragon meat; the result was that I almost puked. I still remember Grayfia's grin she had when that happened.

Grayfia learned how to cook, as it was her hobby. She was really brilliant at that, and everything she made tasted freaking delicious. Grayfia was one of the best cooks I have ever seen; she had an immense talent for cooking.

On the other hand, Venelana seeing that she couldn't beat Grayfia in terms of some household work such as cooking decided on something else; she knew Grayfia would lose. And that area was seduction, in various seductive clothing. Something Grayfia was too uptight, while Vena was a lot bolder.

Additionally, they now had a common enemy in the form of Hela. She was a weird one; she decided that she would make me her husband by any means possible to produce the strongest descendants. Yeh, only a dunderhead and warmonger like her can say something like that. Still, we have spent a lot of time together due to her role in my army.

This was the only topic when Grayfia and Venelana agreed, was when it concerned Hela, as not even one of them could beat her. She was Pinnacle Intermediate God, not to mention that she would soon reach Greater God Stage after she obtained Divine Spark from Ereshkigal.

Right now, I am going to check up on the results of my latest project, and after that, I need to depart to meet with my uncle, Rizevim Livan Lucifer, as we are going to hunt Sacred Gear Users.

I was deep within the underground of the castle Fuerig, where countless Arcanotech Factories were constructing thousands of automatons daily. After completely clearing out the Yestera Plane, the production of the resources obtained from the plane skyrocketed, and now my Mechanical Army expanded drastically. I have also sold mechanical legions to other Noble Houses.

Currently, I have 10 million Arachne Drones, 1 million Hydralisks, 1,000 Anti-Matter Magicule Canon Batteries, 100 Lunar-Class Cruisers, and 25 Avenger-Class Grand Cruisers. This was a grand setup. And my Military also grew to 50 million, divided between fifty Legions. With 20 Ultimate-Class Generals, after the integration with Aesir and Vanir was complete.

Hela was named the Marshall of Gremory Legions. She was best suited for the role, as she was extremely strong, and being a military and strategy genius gave me the best Marshall of my Legions I could wish for.

Military-wise, I was currently the strongest Noble with the strongest army, just ahead of the Original Lucifer. Everyone knew that, and even three Great Satans were reluctant to stay in my way, as even strength-wise, I was stronger than them.

Another nail to the coffin is called Devil Government. Usually, Great Satans just avoided each other and worked together only when absolutely necessary. Such dysfunctionality was bad for the government as a whole, but for ambitious nobles, it was best.

I was practically at the level of Great King Zekram; I was now faction on my own. Several of the lesser Houses of the 72 Pillars were already gathering around me to increase their social standing.

Nobody in the whole Underworld could now order me around, aside from the Original Lucifer, but that would not last long enough.

Also, during past years, some mysterious deaths happened as several less important descendants of the Houses Leviathan, Beelzebub and Asmodeus died. Nobody knew how and why just. Satans raged over it for several weeks, and then it went to the forgotten.

28. Threadmarks: Chapter 117 – Trans-Devil Gene-Seed Project
    Trafford

"Architect, how is the project Trans-Devil Gene-Seed going?"

I asked my A.I. MTC as I looked at the germination chambers.

Trans-Devil Gene-Seed was something I have devised personally. The purpose of the Trans-Devil Gene-Seed was to push already strong devil species on the higher ladder of evolution and speed up the evolution of the species.

Thought, not of the species, but rather it would be used in the future, for my personal guards, for my personal enforcers and executors. They would be best among the best, most powerful, and most deadly warriors. Armed with the best weaponry and armor, access to the entire repertoire of countless magical systems, and the best training.

Trans-Devil Gene-Seed was basically about adding additional organs to the subject's body, which would greatly enhance its combat prowess, ability, survivability, and other aspects.

[It is nearing the end. Crystallization of the knowledge of the Solar Federation, Draconic Deus, and some of the Astral Boundary. All aspects of the Trans-Devil Gene-Seed are perfected, and now the only thing needed is time to germinate the Artificial Organs with your DNA successfully.]

To perfectly accommodate and fuse Gene-Seed with the subject's body, they were germinated with the usage of the DNA taken from the subject. Germination of each Trans-Devil Gene-Seed took an enormous amount of resources, which took even a headache for me as I looked at the price.

Still, I predicted that after undergoing it, my survivability would triple at least. Also, my combat prowess would increase a lot thanks to my passive abilities.

Later on, I would need to create similar things for other species that would-be citizens of the future Empire, such as Aesir, Vanir, Oni...

"When can I undergo the fusion with then Trans-Devil Gene-Seed?"

I asked Architect while overlooking the germination chambers.

[Month, maximally two.]

Said Architect to me.

There were Ten Phases of the Trans-Devil Gene-Seed Project.

Phase 1 Biscopea - This small, circular organ is inserted into the chest cavity and releases hormones that vastly increase muscle growth throughout the subject's body. It also serves to form the hormonal basis for many of the later implants. It is the first organ to be implanted.

Phase 2 Heamastamen - Implanted into the main circulatory system, this tiny implant not only increases the hemoglobin content of the subject's blood, making it more efficient at carrying oxygen around the body and making the subject's blood a bright red.

Phase 3 Catalepsean Node - Implanted into the back of the brain, this pea-sized organ influences the circadian rhythms of sleep and the body's response to sleep deprivation. If deprived of sleep, the catalepsean node cuts in. The node allows a subject to sleep and remains awake at the same time by switching off areas of his brain sequentially. This process cannot replace sleep entirely but increases the subject's survivability by allowing perception of the environment while resting.

Phase 4 Preomnor - This is essentially a pre-stomach that can neutralize otherwise poisonous or indigestible foods. No actual digestion takes place in the preomnor, as it acts as a decontamination chamber placed before the natural stomach in the body's system and can be isolated from the rest of the digestive tract in order to contain a particularly troublesome intake.

Phase 5 Multi-Lung - This additional lung activates when a subject needs to breathe in low-oxygen or poisoned atmospheres and even water. The natural lungs are closed off by a sphincter muscle associated with the multi-lung, and the implanted organ takes over breathing operations. It has highly efficient toxin dispersal systems.

Phase 6 Occulobe - This implant sits at the base of the brain and provides hormonal and genetic stimuli which enable a subject's eyes to respond to optic-therapy. The subject has a far superior vision to normal humans and can see in low-light conditions almost as well as in daylight. The subject also can see magical particles more easily.

Phase 7 Melanchromic Organ - This implant controls the amount of melanin in a subject's skin. It also protects the subject from other forms of radiation and increases magical resistance.

Phase 8 Oolitic Kidney - In conjunction with the secondary heart, this implant allows a subject to filter his blood very quickly, rendering him immune to most poisons. The organ's everyday function is to monitor the entire circulatory system and allow other organs to function effectively.

Phase 9 Mucranoid - Offers resistance to extreme heat and cold and can even provide some protection for the subject in a vacuum and even void.

Phase 10 Secondary Heart - This simplest and most self-sufficient implant allows a subject to survive his other heart being damaged or destroyed and to survive in low oxygen environments. Not just a backup, the secondary heart can boost the blood flow around the subject's body. Allows the body to accommodate secondary Clan Trait.

These were 10 Phases of the Trans-Devil Gene-Seed Project. There also existed Phase 11 Tertiary Heart, but that would be kept secret and never used. Only on myself and maybe a very few selected people.

I just needed to wait around two months to transplant Trans-Devil Gene-Seed Project into my body. All artificial organs were finely crafted with the best biotechnological knowledge of the Solar Federation, coupled with knowledge of other worlds, and mine and the Architect's genius.

"After I finish my mission with Rizevim prepare a special room for the surgery. Additionally, construct a containment room for some Sacred Gears I will bring with me. Use materials with Anti-Magic, Anti-Energy properties, engrave Anti-Spying Runes."

I said to Architect.

[It shall be done. The main purpose shall be Incinerate Anthem, right?]

Asked Architect, as I nodded.

"Indeed. It is the most compatible with Sacred Gear with my bloodline. Sadly, as he is still alive, fusing with one or experimenting with it is suicide."

I said.

After the Great War, Yahweh would be dead and finally, then I could tamper with Sacred Gears and try to create another Clan Trait out of the Incinerate Anthem.

Holy Flame would be extremely useful in every position.

29. Threadmarks: Chapter 118 – Rizevim Livan Lucifer
    Trafford

Draconic Deus - Earth, Europe, France, the Year 1414

Currently, the Kingdom of France was a Hundred Years War with the Kingdom of England. Of course, I won't be meddling in wars of ordinary mortals, as that was beneath me.

Interestingly, the current year of the human calendar was 1414, just two years after the birth of Jeanne d'Arc. While it sounds nice corrupting future Saint, it wasn't exactly my style of doing things.

I walked through the battlefield, or at least what was left, as I was collecting the souls of deceased people. For me, they were useless, but they were useful for weak devils, as they could increase their strength by eating souls.

As I was doing my own thing, I saw a familiar figure approaching me.

It was Rizevim. He had an appearance of a middle-aged man in his 40s with dark silver hair and hazel eyes. He had a weird creepy aura as he was wearing some weird priest-looking armor gown.

"Rizevim."

I said.

"Zeoticus."

He answered.

It wasn't surprising we didn't get along.

Our ideologies about the future of the Devil Race were diametrally opposite to each other.

Rizevim believed that devils are beings that have to be evil, wicked, brutal, bad, scum, wrong, brutes, and vicious, and it is the role of a Devil to kill every single person they don't like. He also wasn't interested in ruling the devil race and didn't care about administration or anything, as he indulged in life's hedonistic pleasures.

While I believed that devils needed to unite to create an Empire that would conquer and be unshakable, additionally, I was supported by absolute strength, and if you are powerful enough, you can do anything you wish as there would be no one who would obstruct you.

Also, Rizevim showed a strong dislike for me due to being the son of his sister Rayla. He kept it well hidden beneath his polite way of speaking and sweet words, but I knew that he loathed me, as he was always jealous of Rayla due to her inheriting the Dark Light and me being the same. Even if Rayla was advancing way slower compared to him, she could always beat him.

"How is life doing, new Grand Duke?"

Asked Rizevim with his typical grin, which I hated so much.

"Very well, productive,"

I said. I want this entire thing to be finished as soon as possible, so I don't need to be in the presence of this creep. For me, Rizevim, while being strong with enormous potential, was just a disappointment, nothing more and nothing less.

'After I kill him, I should extract his bloodline... that Sacred Gear Canceler is basically some kind of innate ability that nullifies any kind of soul-bonded equipment if a user is strong enough.' I thought in my head.

"So, who are we hunting, and what are we hunting?"

I questioned him as I continued collecting souls.

"Originally possessors of the True Longinus, Zenith Tempest, and Annihilation Maker were supposed to be stationed in England, but they were recalled to Heaven, so they are out. Still, another batch of Sacred Gear Users will be going to the Vatican from France. We will intercept them and kill them before they can reach the Vatican and, subsequently, Heaven. Of course, as it was agreed, what you kill is yours."

Said Rizevim with a toothy grin.

"Who are they?"

I asked, hoping for good loot.

"Host of the Incinerate Anthem - Cardinal Trajan, thanks to his Longinus while he is only Ultimate-Class, can cause serious injuries even to Satan-Class devils, though we as Lucifers are still highly resistant towards Holy Element. The second one is Host of the Canis Lyakon, some kid of ten called Gren, of Greek origin. He would be protected by one Ten-Winged Cadre-Class Angel and several Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angels. The last one of notable one is the Host of the Telos Karma, name unknown. Last on is the Host of all four Vritra's Sacred Gears. Heaven has collected them all and gave them to one of the Church's Exorcists called Robert de'Salle. We have on our list several ordinary Sacred Gear Users, but apparently, they are separated into groups and being transported together with one of three Longinus users."

Explained Rizevim.

Incinerate Anthem, a Longinus-tier Sacred Gear with an ability to generate and control purple-colored Holy Flames that can incinerate Devils. This particular Longinus has a will of its own, allowing it to move independently and even remove itself from its current wielder to a more suitable one. This is the one I want the most.

Canis Lykaon, a Longinus-tier Sacred Gear, also known as the Dog God of the Black Blade, is a Longinus that takes the form of a huge black dog with red eyes. It is a dependent avatar type and has its own instinct. It has the ability to produce blades from its body and can transform itself into a sword. It can also attack through shadows. If possible, it would be nice to have it as a pet.

Lately, I have taken a liking to taking care of pets and familiars, as I have contracted a Wampus Cat this year. It was a female Wampus Cat, a rather young one, only two years old, named Isla. While she was young, she was already at the Commander Level and was pretty strong. She didn't like Vena or Grayfia, but with me, she was very cuddly.

Telos Karma, a Longinus-tier Sacred Gear, also known as the Ultimate Karma. It is said to be able to warp probability, creating outcomes that otherwise would not be possible. Its ability to manipulate Fate was really mysterious, but sadly, it was useless for me. As a Fateless One, any tool, artifact, or anything that interfered with threads of Fate would break in my hands.

Vritra's Sacred Gears were a unique case. This Sacred Gear was crafted from the soul of Vritra, the Black Dragon King, also known as the Prison Dragon. After he was killed, his soul somehow ended in Yahweh's hands and was split to create Four Sacred Gears that are interconnected and complemented by each other.

30. Threadmarks: Chapter 119 – Moral Codex of Ruthless Devil
    Trafford

While this Sacred Gear doesn't reach the Longinus-tier because it is created from four individual Sacred Gears, it doesn't lose to one. It is created from:

Absorption Line is also known as the Black Dragon's Pulse; it resembles a small lizard (more specifically, a chameleon) with a deformed face that appears on the user's hand. It has the ability to make lines of connections that allow the user to either absorb or transfer power from opponents, allies, and objects. You can use it only if someone is either as strong as the user or weaker than the user.

Blaze Black Flare, also known as the Evil Dragon's Black Flame, is one of Vritra's Sacred Gears that grants the user the ability to unleash Vritra's deadly black flames to burn their opponents.

Delete Field, also known as the Domain of Darkness, is one of Vritra's Sacred Gears. It has the ability to suppress the opponent's powers. Of course, the user can suppress only someone on the user's own level or someone who is weaker, similar to the usage of the Absorption Line.

Shadow Prison, also known as the Prison of the Dragon, is one of Vritra's Sacred Gears that allows users to use Vritra's shadowy aura to restrain their opponents.

"Shall we aim for the Canis Lykaon first? With two of us, it will be the peace of cake."

I asked Rizevim as he nodded with glee.

The reason why I chose the Canis Lykaon was simple. It was mainly because the Host was just a ten-year-old kind that I could kill with my finger. At the same time, he had Ten-Winged Cadre-Class Angel and several Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angels as his protector, together with Rizevim, that won't be a problem.

He is still young and, apparently, newly awakened, so he shouldn't know much about Sacred Gear manipulation and other things, so there is a low risk of unforeseen things happening. The other two hods would be more problematic. Especially the host of the Telos Karma, but only for Rizevim, as I am out of the machinations of Fate and Destiny.

"Excellent, then we shall go."

Said Rizevim, as we both spread our ten wings and flew high in the air to the location where the host of the Canis Lykaon was being.

The host of the Canis Lykaon was hiding in a small village in the southern parts of France. From there, his protectors probably planned to bring him to Italy and then to the Vatican, subsequently the final stop, Heaven.

After half an hour of flying, we finally arrived at our destination.

"How shall we do it? I propose locking the area down with spatial spells, and then we can just storm the area. You will go first and lure them out, while I will find the kid and trap him in additional spells before extracting the Sacred Gear."

I proposed to Rizevim, and he just nodded, not caring too much. Though my plan was a good one, so we will go with it.

I took out the Rosenkreutz and started this time creating a large-scale barrier that will resist even attacks of several Satan-Class entities, so we will have enough time as it is. Soon enough, as I tapped with Rosenkreutz to the ground, an enormous barrier started rising from the ground, and it enveloped the entire town.

"I will go and play."

Said Rizevim as he ran to fight Ten-Winged Cadre-Class Angel and several Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angels that were now in a state of utmost emergency. I just stayed in the back and watched as Rizevim grabbed one of the Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angels and crushed his skull with his bare hands.

'Hmm... so he even trained his body to Satan-Class...'

I thought as I moved and started searching for the host of the Canis Lykaon.

Soon enough, I found one lone Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angel holding hand with an around ten-year-old kid, clothed like a beggar.

'Not awakened. Good.'

It was good that the Sacred Gear wasn't awakened, as it won't cause problems for me, and this one was deeply dormant, meaning it won't care that I caused the death of its host, one could say a crude way.

I silently cast a concealment spell on my and walked up close to the Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angels and the kid that was host to Canis Lykaon. When I was close enough, the wall of the Dark Light appeared, and suddenly several Dark Light Spear shot at the Eight-Winged Ultimate-Class Angels and killed him in an instant.

I then cast several silencing spells to make the entire area blank as the kid wanted to scream seeing his protector being brutally killed, but no single word came out of his mouth as tears were in his eyes.

I grabbed his head and smashed his little body against the ground with enough force to knock him out but not to kill him.

The problem with extracting Sacred Gear was that the moment its host died, the Sacred Gear would return to Heaven's System. If it returns there, then it is lost, and I can wait only for a new host to be born.

I pressed my right hand to his chest and started chanting an extraction spell. Usually, chants were used only in rituals and similar things, and I needed to best fast. One mistake could result in this kid dying, and then Sacred Gear would be lost from my reach.

As I finished the chant, suddenly, the ominous black light entered the boy's body as he jolted awake and screamed in pain. The process of extraction of the Sacred Gear was something agonizing and of extreme pain and torture.

As the ritual was ongoing, the user from whom the Sacred Gear was being extracted could not lose consciousness. So the boy cried and screamed as he was slowly tortured to end by my extraction magic, and soon I held a black sphere in my hands.