1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Otome Game Heroine is the Wrong Genre(original isekai story)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by OverReactionGuy, Mar 29, 2023.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Ever wondered what if the Heroine of an Otome game Isekai was basically a shonen protagonist? I didn't, but I'm writing it anyway.

A story brought to you with no plan besides having fun, hopefully.

God this chapter is rough...spent too long not writing.

2. Threadmarks: chapter 1
    OverReactionGuy

Chapter 1

I woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling. My bedroom was different, sparser than before but had a wooden desk with a mirror on it. I removed my blanket and went to look at myself in the mirror.

“This...this is me?” I question, my new voice was soft and melodious. I could easily be an idol singer, that type of voice.

Waku waku

My heart thumped in my chest as I saw the blond beauty staring at me in the mirror, her eyes like sapphires glistening in the light with excited glee.

Doki Doki

This was… this was….

An isekai adventure! My fantasy time is now!!!!

“Yeah!” I raised my fist in the air

“Sis, mom said to wake you up…” my little brother opened my door without knocking. “What are you doing?”

I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks.

I brought my fist down slowly then coughed.

“Nothing!” I nearly yelled before stopping myself. “Daniel I thought I told you to knock before coming to my room."

My brother just sighed and shook his head.

“Not my fault you sleep like a ton of bricks.” He said and then started shutting the door. “Also stop doing weird poses so early in the morning.”

My door shut with a click and I buried my face in my hands.

I stayed like that for a while before getting ready to leave my room. I walk down a normal looking hallway and head downstairs. I look in the kitchen to see a beautiful woman fixing something up that smells really good.

“Good morning mama!” I called out to the beautiful lady.

“Good morning.” She said back, stirred up some batter. “Breakfast is almost finished, why don’t you freshen yourself up?”

“Kay,” I said nonchalantly before heading to the bathroom. As I started washing my face my mind wandered.

I fell into the roll of a daughter so easily even though I’m from a different world. They couldn’t tell any difference, as if I was always this way and only now just “woke” up. And I remember my life here in this world. Child me did things I would do, it was scary how our personalities were so similar, as if we’re doppelgangers…I shut off the water and dried my face then looked at myself in the bathroom mirror.

I blinked, my mirror self blinked. I smiled, my mirror self smiled back at me.

I decided not to think too hard on this. I am Me after all, just with a different face and a different body.

Besides, this world had magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After having pancakes with my family, I started doing the usual chores living on a farm entails. We don’t really have livestock. We have gardens of various fruits and vegetables, along with bees for honey, sugar cane and maple trees. Something seemed off about the scene to me, but I didn’t really care.

I watered everything that needed it, while humming, and made sure everything was growing healthy. It was almost time for the harvest it seems.

“Sis!”

I heard my little brother yell, I was gone before my watering can could hit the ground.

“What’s wrong?!” I yelled frantically only to calm down when I saw my brother's raised eyebrow as he stared at me.

“Do you have to do that every time I yell your name?” he asked and I sheepishly started rubbing the back of my head before I forced myself to stop.

“Well, one of these days you’ll probably be in danger and big sis would need to take care of it.” I said, puffing my chest out with pride.

“Don’t write me off as the unlucky sod that gets in danger at the drop of a hat.” Daniel replied exasperated.

“Okay~,” I said with a smile before I made a serious face. “What’s the problem?”

“The bees seem to be getting sick again.” My brother replied with a serious face

We both stared at each other. I was the first to crack and start laughing.

I wiped a tear from my eye.

“That’s all?” I said and started walking towards the beehive area.

“Yeah,” he said, walking along. “Don’t know why though. Might have been a bit of a chill at night.”

Bees started to gather around me while I walked over. I wasn’t afraid of being stung or anything because they were docile and cute.

“Always amazes me when they follow you around like that.”

“Maybe, I’m a light bulb to them?” I wondered out loud.

“A what?” Daniel asked, confused.

“Ah, a lantern.” I answered.

I had forgotten this world developed a bit differently. While it’s modern in some areas, in others it's not. This world uses lanterns powered by magic crystals for light instead of electricity.

“Ah, I see. A lot of them are lethargic huh?” I noticed some bees struggling to fly off the ground. I had no idea why, and I didn’t need to know. For you see I was born with a very special gift.

I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes as if in a prayer. I know my brother did the same for basically the same reason as me.

We didn’t want to go blind.

“Heal!”

I yelled, and even through the closed eyes I could see the bright golden light blanket the area. That was bad. The brighter the light, the worse the injury or sickness that was healed. Those bees must have been barely hanging in there huh.

I opened my eyes and smiled at all the energetic bees flying around.

My brother whistled. “Whew, it almost makes me want magic.”

“Yeah, it’s pretty convenient ain’t it?”

Everyone does have magic, not just the nobles. But that’s mainly used in everyday stuff called lifestyle magic. It was so ingrained in people’s lives that people don’t call it magic anymore. Magic as powerful as mine was rare though, doubly so for my element.

It’s said Light is the rarest of all the magic elements

After awhile at home I was asked to get herbs by the local medical lady in the village. Plants may grow everywhere due to the magic infused in the soul, but they still have places where they can be higher quality, like in forests.

This isn’t the first time I was trekking through the forest near our village to get medical herbs for the old lady. Even though I found out what magic I could use and healed the sick or those injured one way or another they don’t rely on me as the sole medical provider here. It’s not a can’t rely on a child thing either, but a ‘i don't want a child being the sole person responsible for the health care of the village’ thing.

Anyway, I’m just rambling in my head because of boredom. Finding and picking herbs is tedious but I always pick the best ones since I can go deeper in the forest where stronger magical beasts could be. Which is fine by me. I trained after all.

In fact I went here so often that the adults stopped trying to get me to stop coming here!

So I could train all I want. It seems even when I was younger my memories influenced my younger self. I always had the desire to be strong….

“Huh a bush just rustled.” I said to myself and looked at the bush in question.

Out of the bush a tall figure rose up. His arms full of rippling muscles, claws sharp and long as daggers, eyes that glow red with malicious intent. A body built like a grizzly bear on steroids. Which is funny because that’s basically what a dire bear is.

I put down my basket full of herbs and with a rawr he charged at me.

In the next instant, my fist was firmly planted in its stomach and it made a squeaking noise as all the air left its body. I hopped back and the bear fell on the ground dead.

“Looks like the people in the village get dire bear meat today,” I said, brushing the dust off my hands. I got my basket and grabbed the large beast by the foot and started walking back to the village. “It’s been awhile since one of these challenged me.”

I started humming as I walked.

This has been pretty much my everyday for fifteen years of my life. Helping my family, helping my community and training for the selfish desire of wanting to be strong. However not everything can stay the same forever. Just like the pages in a book, the next chapter of my life begins in thirty days. Where I Mary, will be attending the premiere magical academy of the kingdom. Just like all strong magic users are supposed to do. I could hardly wait, I bet they will be stronger than a stupid bear!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    lurk, Tamphithere, Kazikaros and 59 others like this.
  3. OverReactionGuy

4. Destrark

Destrark The Ebon Dragon. On vacation from Malfeas.

Is this a take on My Next Life As A Villainess or something? Maria from that was also the otome protag with Light magic after all.

0110001, ArsMagna1337, 17453 and 4 others like this.
  5. OverReactionGuy

Sorta. I've read a lot of otome game iskeais honestly. So it might be similar to some but different.

Almost all of them have an elemental magic system with a heroine that uses the rare light magic though. It's kinda a staple of the genre.

6. Index: shameless plug
    OverReactionGuy

Sorry, not an update

Forgot to do this yesterday because I had a migraine when I posted that got worse. Just in case people can't see my sig.

I have a ko-fi.

If you would like to support me, you don't have to but if you would like to. You can do so here.

I am currently working on the next chapter slowly. Once I reach 5 chapters there would be likely a couple days delay between sites I post on and Ko-fi.

Either way any formatting I use would be eaten by the sites I post on.

Updates depend on my health, there's no set update schedule. This is to not stress me out. Sorry if they're slow.

7. Absque Zer0

Absque Zer0 ...

Interesting premise, looking forward to more!

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  8. fivetro

fivetro Making the rounds.

I think my brain is being stubborn about the concept.

The world is like My Next Life As A Villainess, but the protaginist is like Monkey D. Luffy. That about right?

Looks interesting anyway.

verynew and OverReactionGuy like this.
  9. OverReactionGuy

Try not to necro.

But I'll just say the second chapter stalled due to some real life issues that I need to deal with and when that's done I'll resume writing it.

Health ain't that great right now sadly.

-edit-

Nothing too serious though, just normal crap for me.