1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Extras: Why is Taylor a moth?
    Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

The reason I chose to make Taylor a moth in this is due to how I see her path through life and how every time she reaches for a goal, like a moth approaching a bug zapper, or an open flame, Taylor gets burned by that goal or diverted in some way. Take becoming a Hero for example. Taylor very dearly wants to be a hero but we the audience knows that that way is but a trip into the fire what with a hostile Armsmaster, a bigoted and loathsome PRT Director, and Shadow Stalker which Piggot we know would not get rid of just for Taylor's sake and would thus have to "suck it up." This path to heroism is diverted however and she is saved from burning up in the dumpster fire that is the PRT/Protectorate.

Then there is Dinah, her new goal, she manages to save Dinah from coil going through an epic journey of trials, errors, and betrayal, only for Dinah to prove to be another flamer herself as she burns Taylor by betraying her to the Heroes and destroying any kind of a chance of a nicer life in Brockton as her civilian identity is revealed, thus Taylor was burned like a moth touching a flame.

Another example is her goal of stopping the destruction of the world, already burned by Dinah, she turns herself in to the PRT/Protectorate and abandons her friends, and joins them, and never enjoys it as she has to deal with more bigoted PRT directors, likely has to deal with many Protectorate heroes who look down on her and her methods because she is a villain, a master, or both, with the only people she considers friends not ever considering her friends back. Theo was one of the few people in the Wards she considered a friend, and we learn that he doesn't consider her a friend back. We see that Taylor, despite it being the end of the world, is much happier and livelier than she ever was in the Wards away from her true friends when she meets up with the Undersiders and are fighting Scion. This interaction between Taylor and Techton where he comments on Taylor's colour change shows she was planning on returning to villainy and the Undersiders once the apocalypse was over. She even admits as such. It also shows that her time in the Wards was not a fun time for her but rather something unpleasant. Her goal to stop the apocalypse was a failure and she suffered her hardship for nothing. A candle she suffered for to get to, put out just before she reached it.

Finally there is stopping Scion. Another goal, another candle in the dark for our little moth to reach for. To defeat him she sacrificed her self, destroyed herself, and willingly plunged herself into the flame to try to put it out and was burned for it, before eventually dying. Burned to a crisp before being crushed, or in this case shot.

And no one but her friends and those that were there were even allowed to remember her sacrifice. Within a generation she would have been forgotten by all. The little moth that reached for the candle, and was burned by it.

Edit: As an aside, moths are also known for illusions and trickery, mimicking other more dangerous predators like owls... or spiders. The metalmark moth is a perfect example of this as creating the illusion of being a bigger female spider to scare off it's enemies. This is perhaps a perfect analogy to go with how Taylor manages to keep herself from getting caught by the heroes upon her civilian reveal. She scared them into submission and was able to walk away from that despite holding almost no cards.

2. Extras: Omake: A Weed Smoker's Story
    Orannis

Orannis I trust you know where the happy button is?

A weed smoker's Story.

"Eric I think I will need to find a new dealer soon." The imp look up at me with a questioning look. "Why?"

"I just got done with buying some weed from my dealer Jake. I would say Jake is nothing special other than being a cute femmy beetle boi that sells some great weed he grows himself somewhere." I took a draft from my pipe held it then blew out a small cloud.
    "Another nice thing about him is when I was low on cash he would sometimes trade me some weed if I gave him some doggy loving in the back of his van, he sold out of, as long as he was not hurting for cash himself."

"So I was walking back here after buying from him when I walk past this well-dressed red Asian hornet girl holding some flyers. She had the cutest smile while looking happy as a bee." I take a quick hit before passing it to Eric. "I mean she was well-dressed as in long sleeve form fitting shirt with a with this combat sleeveless sport hoody, open halfway to show off her assets as you know. Along with this form fitting combat pants with a cute mini skirt over top of them. But get this it was all silk, not that low quality stuff I mean the good combat stuff."

I waited for him to start his hit from my bowl before I dropped the next part. "It was Cindy the Piercer." He hacks hard making his eyes bulge large. "Cindy! As in the crazy Bitch that would stab people and inject her flaming paralytic venom, leave them on the street broken and screaming till they bled out or died from shock!"

I looked him straight in the eyes "Yup. Did not recognize her at first all cute, dolled up, colorful and happy. Instead of all crazy looking and in dark colors." After he takes his big hit I hold out my hand for him to pass my pipe back. "Now get this, She basically skips to the boi, wings fluttering all cutesy then says "Do you have a Moment to talk about our Mistress and Hive Queen Weaver along with the hivemind." While handing him a paper"

I see Eric's eyes widen a bit at the name weaver but other than leaning back into the couch he says nothing. "Jake, slack jawed, takes her paper before talking asking her. Cindy what happened to you?" I take another hit before continuing. "She then states that she got into a fight with Weaver and lost but instead of killing her weaver got close to her then entered her mind. "It is so beautiful the hivemind, I hear, feel and see though all of the others with her keeping watch and protecting us all.""

I hand back the pipe to Eric and as he takes a huge hit most likely to calm himself I keep filling him in. "She suppressed almost all my hate and meanness while keeping my cunning and skill so that way when the others are attacked I can still help. Then gave me these cute awesome clothes. Anyways I remember when we tried dating and because I was to mean we did not work out, also that you like to be dominated along with feeling safe. Soo the hivemind would be great for you and.. and we could maybe get back together!"

Eric dumps the pipe and repacks it before passing it back to me, as I keep talking. "While I can't bring others into the hive I can show you what it is like being part of it." I grab the pipe and take the fresh hit. "She then holds out her hand to the femboi and at first it looks like he is going to bolt but then takes her hand. After about 30 seconds she lets go of his hand, and he starts to cry before exclaiming "it was beautiful and that he could feel them and her also how Cindy feels so warm." I shake my head " Then Cindy asked the boi if he "Would you like to meet her and join then maybe try and start dating again?"

I take another hit this time deeper, hold it then exhale. "He takes her hand again and as one they turn and start walking in the same direction where I am guessing Weaver is with no words spoken but from the way her wings were flapping and the skip in her step I take it that was a yes."

I offer the pipe back to Eric, but he shakes his head before stating. "I can't tell if I could be happy for your femboi dealer, depressed over you not getting more epic weed or shitting myself that there is a demon that not only is strong enough to beat Cindy the Piercer in a fight but then brainwash her or mind control her into servitude."

"Think I need to find a new dealer?" Eric shakes his head "Of course that is all you care about." He then sighs "If this Weaver don't care about weed I think you are fine."

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Syphi, StarFoxpaws, Morphile and 25 others like this.
  3. Extras: Deworld art: Taylor
    Deworld

Deworld Making the rounds.

Well, I did it. All these pictures of generic moth girls are nice, but a fanart made specifically for this fic is better, right? Even if it can't compare in quality.

[​IMG]

What do you think?

I hope I nailed both Taylor's newfound' fluffiness and her usual attitude. Great thanks to SystemSearcher for proposing Radiance as a reference, adding her to the mix gave a lot of ideas, and she served as a great transference between cute moth girls and Taylor. I took yellow eyes from her, for example. Not sure about them, but I felt I needed to add a bit of color. I also made her hands and feet black to match her hair. Generally, I liked working on this picture, and I hope you'll like it too.

4. Extras: Taylor's Magics
    Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

Taylor Hebert's abilities obtained and when:

End of Worm Canon:
    Shard Induced Multitasking
    Shard Induced Aim Enhancement
    Flight pack training

Chapter 1:
    Demonic Form (Minor)
    Demonic Moth Silk Production
    Demonic Endurance
    Demonic Strength
    Demonic Brutishness
    Magical Sensing
    Enhanced Sensing
    Shape shifting
    Magical Release (Wind)
    Deal Making
    Sinful Immortality

Chapter 2:

Chapter 3:

Chapter 4:
    Multi limb shape shifting

Chapter 5:
    Acceleration barriers (Skidmark's Power)

Chapter 6:
    Magical Inventory

Chapter 7:
    Altered acceleration barriers into magical barriers
    Bug Possession

Chapter 8/9 (screwed up the numbering here a bit):
    Flight

Chapter 10:

Chapter 11:

Chapter 12:
    True Demon Form

Chapter 13:
    Bug Possession fully realised as Possession

Chapter 14:

Chapter 15:

Chapter 16:

Chapter 17:
    Magical healing

Chapter 18:

Chapter 19:

Chapter 20:
    Crimson Transformation

Chapter 21:

Chapter 22:

Chapter 23:
    Modified Crimson transformation

Full list of abilities:
    Shard Induced Multitasking
    Shard Induced Aim Enhancement
    Flight pack training
    Demonic Form (Minor)
    Demonic Moth Silk Production
    Demonic Endurance
    Demonic Strength
    Demonic Brutishness
    Magical Sensing
    Enhanced Sensing
    Shape shifting
    Magical Release (Wind)
    Deal Making
    Sinful Immortality
    Magical Barriers
    Magical Inventory
    Possession
    Flight
    True Demon Form
    Magical healing
    Crimson Transformation
    Modified Crimson Transformation

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  5. Extras: Everyone Ends up in Hell Omake
    Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Omake: Everyone ends in Hell

"Why did I end in Hell? Was I a bad person?" Asks the small bunny girl.

"Who cares? Everyone ends in Hell!" Says the fox man .

"Everybody?" Asks the girl.

"Have you ever eaten fish?" Asks the fox

"Yes."

"That's a sin, welcome to Hell!" The fox seems so happy saying that.

"But... Isn't eating fish on a Friday something you are supposed to do?" The girl is unsure if to trust the fox words.

"Still a sin. Hey Jim, how did you die again?"

"Got the lower half of my body crushed by concrete blocks."

"Crushing your balls is a sin, welcome to hell!"

"But I didn't do the crushing!"

"They still don't care, do they?"

"But... what about Jesus? Didn't he promise salvation to beggars and hookers?" The movie she saw said so and so did the nuns at the orphanage.

"Oh those particular beggars and hookers did go to Heaven, but nowadays... Everyone, yes EVERYONE ends to Hell!"

"I don't believe you." There had to be a way to go to Heaven otherwise what was the point of being good if you had to share your afterlife with bad people?

"You don't? See that guy selling his body for food over there? He was a Pope!" The man, an ant, was indeed dressed like a Pope.

"What." Surely, he was just pretending, right?

"Oh and guess what? We once had a Saint, the purge got him in the 1810s I think, right Jim?"

"I dunno man; I wasn't here yet."

"Eh, sorry I forgot you are younger that me."

"Why are you telling me this?" The bunny girl asked.

"Oh because is hilarious, seen the crying babies yet? Yes even babies end in hell!"

"Why?"

"No baptism."

"This is getting ridiculous, so... People just end in Hell for anything?"

"Oh yes, and the Purge is the only way out but you end deaded that dead that way."

"So... there is no redemption?"

"Hey Jim do you see any purgatory here?"

"No but we have a bucket if you feel like throwing up and there is a toilet in the back for any pissed or shitty business."

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  6. Extras: Competition Omake
    Qaw

Qaw Know what you're doing yet?

"As princess of Hell and heir to the throne, I uh... hereby order that you OW! What's that a biter in here?!" Yelped Charlie as Vaggie jumped and immediately impaled the offending critter on her spear before tossing it away.

"Oh wow, this slovenliness problem is worse that I thought." Snarked Angel Dust, tossing another can into a growing pile behind the couch to punctuate his statement.

"Maybe we wouldn't HAVE a problem if you-"

"Now now, don't be too harsh on him. It appears we do have another visitor." The Radio Demon interrupted Vaggie's rant and turned to the entrance. "Though I must say, there are better ways to make a first impression my dear." He noted, just as the door opened and a moth woman in a white plush fur coat walked through the door. The woman didn't take the time to look around, only giving a quick nod to Angel Dust before turning to Charlie and confidently walking forward.

"I do apologize for the annoyance Miss Charlie. I simply did not want to be too late. Though I must say, if I had known I'd be competing against the radio demon I probably wouldn't have made the trip."

The princess's face struggled with the relief from getting a reprieve from making any hard decisions to the realization that the new arrival only brought more trouble. "I... take it you are not a customer then." She deflated, completely lost at what to do to inexperience.

"Of course she isn't. Miss Taylor is here to make you a competing offer, dear princess. Oh ThE sPiRiT oF CoMpEtiTiOn!" The demon exulted in his usual manner.

For the first time since she entered, the moth was thrown off her rhythm. Her antennas, unprepared for the burst of power flailed wild for a moment before she steadied herself.

"Ok, that.... Yes, Miss Charlie. My name is Taylor, though I tend to go by Skitty on the job. I manage some territories not far from here, trying to make out the best of my new lease on life. You might have heard of me in connection with the recent dismantlement of the Crimson gang."

"In connection with dismantlement," Angel snorted. "She played them like two-bit amateurs bad enough their survivors deny ever being members."

"Right, well, a lot of the girls working for me have actually been their slaves before." Taylor continued before Charlie could start to wonder where this all was going. "I find the practice of slavery despicable, and do my best to provide for the poor victims. We may have the entrance to heaven denied, but that is not to excuse to wallow in the worst parts of ourselves. But with hard work and perseverance we can build something comparable. Together, one little step after another."

The moth's voice suddenly grew cleared and louder near the end, as if she were speaking from a studio. Something that was apparently a surprise to her as well, as her eyes widened and her antennas whipped around once before settling on the radio demon.

"Oh, what delivery! What PAsSiON! You were definitely the politician to get the old sleaze-bags QuiVeRinG iN tHeIR BooTS! Really, no surprise you came down here so young!" The exuberant demon gushed from everyone's blind spot.

Once again, Taylor was thrown off her rhythm. As the discombobulated demon struggled with how to respond, Charlie finally managed to seize the initiative for the first time. "Right, that, uh, that is a very nice thing you are doing Miss Taylor. It is good to know that there others trying to do good. But how does it relate to me and my hotel? Did the poor girls perhaps need a place to stay?"

"Oh," Taken out of her deliberations, the moth gave a quick once over at the surrounding disaster, Angel Dust taking the moment to shove a pizza box from the table once another garbage pile to make space for his legs. "No." She stated definitively, perhaps more definitively than she intended. "That won't be necessary. I wanted you to manage on orphanage I am planning to create."

"What." Charlie's brain froze to a halt, as did Angel Dust and Vaggie who stumbled in place.

"You are a good person, Charlie." Taylor continued. "But it is clear that you lack experience. Managing the hotel, let alone rehabilitating anyone, if difficult enough even if you know what you are doing. Ditch this rundown building and move in to my territory, and I will be able to assist you where you need it. And really, before tackling something as... challenging as *twitch* reforming whoever stumbles into here, why not cut your teeth on doing an unambiguous good? The are innumerous children sent into hell every moment, kids who never even had a choice in what kind of soul they wanted to be. They deserve help and support, what little we can provide. And I have been looking for someone I could get to help me manage that when I saw your recent... appearance on TV. Would you be willing to help?"

Charlie's eyes were wide as saucers, her long longing to find another person who truly cared warring with rising fear. This... that was an opportunity to do good. But... but nobody aside from her would actually care, would they? Still... no, if she never took risks, how could she live with herself? "The children, I guess they could be redeemed and go to heaven as well! And once people see the success they will surely want to follow!" She finished with a hopeful tone, before catching the sight of the smiling radio demon to the side. Her budding good mood evaporated again and was immediately replaced by dread.

"Uh... perhaps not exactly what I had in mind when thinking of opening an orphanage. Perhaps we should start with the food, lodging, and basic education before we tackle the redemptions. We can focus on that after we already have a foundation."

"A wonderful pitch," the radio demon interjected before Charlie could nod, and took center stage again. "Once again, my dear, you would have made a very effective politician. You started by establishing your Ethos, before laying out the Logos, and finishing with an appeal to Pathos."

"Thank you." Taylor nodded. "But if-"

"But a politician she is, my dear Charlie. What she is neglecting to mention is that she doesn't want you for your heart but for your muscle."

Vaggie physically recoiled and leveled her spear at Taylor as Charlie could not help but sport a betrayed look. Of course it wouldn't be this simple! Stupid, stupid reta- fool.

The moth recovered first. "And leave it to the member of the press to sully every noble endeavor. I did NOT come here to trick Charlie into fighting my battles. But I do want me and mine protected, yes. And very few idiots would attack an enterprise housing the youngest daughter of Lucifer. Is it so wrong I do not want my orphanage attacked and raided for slaves?"

"Of course not, my dear. But you neglected to mention that the things around it will still be fair game. And when the push comes to shove, a few of those vulnerable children will be playing around there. Truly, how UnExPeCtEd and UnAvOiDaBLe. No way sweet little Charlie would let her charges come to harm, now would she?"

"So is that your counter? That because bad things can happen, we should avoid even trying to do good? That because I know how to speak I must be duplicitous? Tell me Charlie, do you trust HIS view of me? When he never saw my face before today?"

Charlie nervously swallowed, once again thrust into the spotlight. "Ah, well. I do think- I do not think you are a bad person Miss Taylor. But I can't just- I never saw you before today either..."

"I am open about who I am, my dear. Of course your endeavor is doomed to failure, but it will fail on its own merits, not because I twisted your actions for my own goals. That lack of experience, management dear Taylor speaks of, I can provide it. I won't ask you to move or change your goals, Charlie. Let me show you girl. Just take my hand."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, that took way too long at more than two hours. And probably has way too many spelling mistakes because I was rushing near the end.
    I'd imagine this as a rap battle if that translated well to text. Which rap battles don't.
    And the ending is meant to be ambiguous. Who did Charlie choose in the end? Maybe someone will tell me.
    Also, both Radio Demon and Taylor are being fully truthful here, they just don't see reality the same.

PS: I just noticed it was 1000th reply. Huh.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021