1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Unnamed World [Quote based Worldbuilding Game]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Gaemnomut, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ttd0000

ttd0000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Cara the Cat telling her ex-partner "Scars" exactly what she needs to hear to agree to one last job.

"Lady Knight Tamra, it is an honor to meet one of the greatest and most noble warriors on the Mainland. Might I ask what brought you to Sen."

"Well Templar Captain, there's the matter of a gem..."

2. Kolejny dzień

Kolejny dzień Another Day

- Lady Knight Tamra representative of the spirit court was but one of, actually a great, many disparate people and organisations investigating the theft of and attempting to recover, the Diade amulet: Malachant before the Clans roused themselves.

They would prove to late.

Ramora's me home.

Ye cain't unnerstan' less ye was bairn in The Seloa.
    Shite, gotta say this bit so ye cin hear it...

Like speakin' with faucking wool in my goddamn mouth.

See... The Seloa... She ain't kind. She ain't got a merciful bone in her body.

We can't farm on any significant scale, and game has to be shepherded as much as hunted, s'to craggy you see.

Lots of defensible cliffs.
    Not much in the way of grass or good dirt.

That's why we trade.

And when that breaks down, as it always does, thats why we're always snapping at each other, we have to feed our selves and we actually kind of like our imediate neighbors, so it's the same old story.

Decam down the road got karina in the family way, but rather than run off the boy did the right thing and married her. But Mara bless her heart she fell for some lout from three valleys over.

He and everyone in that valley.
    That whole city really.

Well they always do that dont they?

Take advantage of our kindness! And it always starts with grumbling and nuisance complaint.

But inevitabely there's a poorer hatvest, or pirates are bolder one year and trade slows. Then the soldiers march, farms burn, cities fall or gain a few more scars. A few more war heroes.

And that's it really No one Attacks Ramora these days. No one attacks our trade ships or carravans. For the first time a Free city of The Seloa is... safe. Prosperous and not waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Our army is strong. Our navy is strong. Our king is wise.

And some commoner bureaucrat is so viciosly patriotic no one ever actually remembers those things.

I like that confusion actually.

Atarl is a common name in The Seloa.

Being Of The Scales is Ramoran slang for a functionary.

You're not a commoner, nor a noble. But the means by which their disparate functions are balanced, tallied, and organized.

See? A scale!

It's genious! Its litterally his name and job description. There at least seven hundred men with the same name and title in the city right now!

Atarl is that common.

By The Seloa have ye nought haerd a thing I've said!

O'course he's a monster! Absolute bastard! Etcettera! But he's our monstor!

An' Wair fouckin' keepin' 'im!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  3. Sol Lazarus

Sol Lazarus Lynx of ill repute

OOC: Hey this looks really cool! I'll try and participate but I am not the best at keeping track of things, well here goes.

Revus of the Hearth to the knight of the rusty saw who was on the hunt for Atarl of the Scales.

Shortly thereafter he was run out of town before returning with the assistance of Valiant Reboute who was investigating Ramora for follower activity.

The Frog Father protect us in our hour of need, we shall call upon the aid of sorcerers of Black Rock.

But sir that is madness!

So is this never ending war, but it shall end now! Whether it be us or them who shall see next days light.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Kolejny dzień

- Firo Von Brekker: Duke of Egesta. On the eve The Red Harvest. The last great battle of the Walliminian civil war. Fought in the "Nine Valleys" of the Waliminian Heartland.

Between the two armies approximately four thousand one hundred and thirty miles of farmland, eight river ports, five cities, thirty seven towns, forty one castles, and around twenty thousand head of various livestock. Were laid waste. Not actually a single battle in and of itself. The Red Harvest was fought over the course of the fall season of the year 1478 IC the engagements so closely commited and reinforcements so freely deployed that common methods of distinguishing battles do not count the battle as being unfought for more than a few hours over the course of four months.

A full accounting the total human loss has never been made. Of those who marched into the opening engagements though, it is known that of the combined 120,000 soldiers across the two initial armies. Only around 300 or 400 marched out. And overall both armies suffered somewhere in the area of 65 to 70 percent casualties.

It is said that at battles end The Duke of Egesta and The Emperor saluted each other, threw down their arms and openly wept.

The Waliminian Civil War ended twelve days later.

With Full Clemency given to every Rebel and Sympathizer.
    And though the Emperor did not surrender the throne to the Waliminian Senate, It was granted in perpetuity the right and capability to raise levys, impose taxes, and write and review Waliminian law.
    _______
    "I've wanted your child from the moment i found out we were betrothed. We'll be married tomorrow. The Child is... enthusiastically ours. Let the priests be disapproving if its about... five months early. It'll be ours. I'll never regret a damn thing."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Crawkid, Snake/Eater and Gaemnomut like this.
  5. Crawkid

Crawkid Friendly Water Tentacles

Lady Orlea Toppin, of a Lesser Nobel House, to her fiance, Jon Harold- An honorable warrior of the Black Crow Order, and normally a devout man of his religion. However, just this once, he did not go to ask forgiveness from the priests, and instead supported his soon-to-be-wife and her words of rebelliousness.

The priests, of course, were displeased. They managed to convince Jon's superiors at the Black Crow Order to send him on more missions, as repentance.

-----------

"You, Snake Eater, Why do you have this name?"

"Because my blade is quicker than a snake, for which I use to behead them if they think to strike me."

"You presume to know the instance they decide to attack?"

"Yes. That is why I am the Snake Eater, and not the Daisy Pusher."

6. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

-- Balthomir the Crow, to Snake Eater.
    Balthomir was one of the first NEC soldirs who defected. During a raid he was heavily injured. As he lay bleeding out in the swamp an outcast of the Republic named Snake Eater found him, carried him back to his hidden home, and nursed him back to health. They became friends, and together they sought to help all those the war had displaced. Unfortunately both the Senavar republic and the NEC saw them as traitors, and when they were caught liberating a camp of conscripted workers they were both killed. The memory of their friendship survived though, and the workers that escaped carried on their work alongside the others that had already been rescued from one terrible fate or another. Later, when the fighting was done, the surviving members of their crew carved a wooden statue of the two, standing arm in arm on the riverbank near their original hideout.

"So we are in agreement? I pay you five hundred silver coins and put in a good word with the order for you, and in return you take me and nine of my men to the shores of Argaan without registering us as passangers or alerting the argaanian port authority to our presence."

Prince Charon and Snake/Eater like this.
  7. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

These are the words from according to verified sources belonging to a Lomme ''Stomper'' Xuda aka "The Blessed Bastard." a high ranking operative among the Blessed. He has spent the last 4 decades selecting, training and overseeing His organizations Best and brightest agents. if he is back in the field then we are living in anxious and dangerous times if the Bastard is back. There is no other information other then His operation's name. "Jawbreaker." unredacted message to Duchess Palleta

"This world is complicated, and I'm not talking about The Politics or our mutual personal struggles.

"The Guard Has been breached! Everyone Run! The City is burning."

"Pazir, we have to get the Women and children out!"

Kaboom!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Gaemnomut and Prince Charon like this.
  8. Kolejny dzień

Following the sack of Golithi by the Diade a chronicle of the three day seige was found.

Almost biographical in it's content. It is thought the scribe must have followed the Vicompte Arii and had dozens of lesser scribes following anyone of note or, even simply, of emerging impirtance.

Unfortunately the Chronicle, though completed, was damaged by fire when the walls were breached. The last three pages carry only these cryptic snippets. Devoid of all context or any hint as to whom the words belong to.

Gaemnomut and Snake/Eater like this.
  9. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Kolejny dzień you forgot to add a quote.

Gaemnomut likes this.
  10. Kolejny dzień

Eheheheh... whoops!

"I am old, but my arm is strong, damn you all! I'll not rot quietly at home in my dotage!

Tell the king he'll have his rear guard. Tell the King he'll have time to rally the reserves.

Volunteers. I'll only have volunteers.

I don't care how many! One man or a thousand! The Mad Duke will ride! One last time!"

Gaemnomut and Snake/Eater like this.
  11. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Duke Valferon the fourth, to Babtist Seregano, royal messanger.

Duke Hendrik Valferon the fourth had never intended to become Duke. His older brother had been groomed for the position, and throughout all his childhood everybody had expected to him to take it. Hendrik instead chose a warriors path, training with the royal weaponsmasters and tacticians until he was a compent military commander, ready to lead his brothers troops. When he returned to his lands, the duchy of Ardanant which is located on the southern border of Aragaan, he arrived to the news that the barbarians of the south had amassed an army and were marching on Aragaan. They were only a week away, and there force was big enough to surely decimate the defenders his brother had hastily pulled together. Despairing at the thought of loosing his beloved brother Hendrik hatched a daring plan. He and 26 volunteers braved the mountains in the harsh winter months. It was a suicidal task that nobody belived was possible, but they did it anyway. When they saw the army marching in the valley below them they caused an avalanche that crushed the invaders beneath tons of rocks, ice, and snow. Thus the duchy and the kingdom of Aragaan was saved.
    Only 11 of their number returned from their heroic journy, the rest succumbed to the blistering cold and the dangerous mountain paths. Among them was Hendrik, who found that his brother had fallen victim to assassins while he was gone. He had been killed to throw the defenders into chaos, and with the duchy now leaderless Hendrik was called upon to take up the mantel of duke himself. It took him years to fully grow into his duties, but the people loved him non the less. His heroics, and his gentle rule made sure his subjects prospered, and the Duchy of Ardanant held back invasions from the southern barbarian tribes for another decade before peace was finally archieved.

As he grew old his expertise in leading armies was renownd throughout all of Aragaan, and was called upon to defend it time and time again.

"It is rather rare that we have customers from across the sea, but the golden monastary serves all that come to its gate. Whatever you wish us to keep safe will be untouchable until you return to reclaim it."

12. Kolejny dzień

- Brother Galesten,
    Oracle of the sun.
    Betrothed of the moon.
    Second watcher of the western waters.
    Scribe of the thousand houses.
    Banker.

_______

"No. Aha! Close, but no!
    Nope!
    Still missed it!

There it is!

Sister Bernice, Sister Bernice!
    I've done it!
    Captured it of course!
    Well I saw how in a dream. Though I don't see how that matters...

...Oh. Well I suppose madness might explain it...

But that's wonderful!

I'll get to figure it out again tomorrow!

13. Crawkid

"Little Sister" Harriet, a young girl that had been taken off the streets by a Miss Bernice Laflayme. Bernice was on the way to treat an encampment of wounded men as part of her 'mission' to create a new order of mage nuns - not even having a name for her hopeful organization yet. Believing in true kindness, she took in little Harriet as she came across her futilely begging on the street. Since then, she has graciously cared for her younger 'sister' and dealt with the younger girl's madness with unending grace. The 'it' that Harriet is referring to is little moving shadow she calls a 'shy fairy', believing that if she catches it she might be able to ask it for a wish.

"..Well...I don't have a soul. May as well enjoy things while I still exist." Pauses and chuckles, putting down a mug of mead, "Now that's just sad, isn't it?"

14. Kolejny dzień

-Deiran "The Aincent" Morkorah: Founder of the Order of Seven Suns. Founder of the Crystal Choir. Son of Morkorah. The First King Ascendent. Master of The Artes Arkane. Codifier of The First Law. He who raised the first banner. Night King. Vampyre.

"You boy! Fetch me parchment!" I am about to unleash a hell upon these laughing bastards they'll never escape! No sorcery child! Far worse! Beurocracy!"

Crawkid, Gaemnomut and Snake/Eater like this.
  15. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Nargeleb Kanislav the third, of clan Tuirlagor.
    Clan Tuirlagor was (in)famous for producing the best and most vicious lawers in the history of the kingdom. Their clan hall was said to include a secret library dedicated to texts about the laws of the kingdom.
    Nargeleb was hired by Gelwin when the Order shut down her expedition to the deeps unearthed by her massive excavation. It was her hope that he would be able to overturn the ruling and let her continue the underground explorations.

"Eight? What do you mean eight? It's always been seven. In all the texts it's seven, all the Exalts I asked always talked about the seven... -unless they lied and there really is an eigth... yes, yes, a secret eigth stone hidden somewhere out if sight as a precaution, with all references to it purged from the literature... That.. that makes sense..."

16. Crawkid

- Jacob Austrailus, Archeologist and Religious Scholar. 7th vampyiric disciple of Deiran "The Aincent" Morkorah. Father of 'The Seven Generations of Austrailus'. Author of "Seven Stones, Seven Words, and Seven Stars".

"I can't believe you brother...don't you think our history of war is long enough? The suffering? The anguish? The filth of ruined city after ruined city?Can't you take a stand with me, and hark out into the world 'Yea, times of hate must rest, and let us usher in peace for our selves and our children' ?"

Kolejny dzień and Gaemnomut like this.
  17. Kolejny dzień

Senotheran, Last Warrior King of the Usha'l'aran. The victories of his youth won him fame. His hospitals and universities earned him a legacy most beloved. The Warriors of Usha'l'aran still serve their long dead king ensuring the safe passage of scholars and guarding the persons of physicians.

From the northern wastes to the southern archipelagoes his warriors march in ones or two or hundreds. But never again to conquer.

"Hey now, how about we talk this out. I'm new to the Seloa and I meant no insult, honest! If I new her for your daughter... And her for your wife... and her for your sister! Well this never would have escalated so far!"

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Gaemnomut likes this.