1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Card (Worm AU) [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Zackarix

Zackarix Hera's Divorce Lawyer

Congratulations on finishing another fic! You're on a roll.

2. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Still would have been nice to see the fight :D

Ack likes this.
  3. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Sad to see it end, this was my favorite of your fics. Good job on it.

Ack likes this.
  4. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

Little shocked Contessa didnt make an appearance.

Ack likes this.
  5. Zackarix

Zackarix Hera's Divorce Lawyer

One thing I found interesting about the ending to this fic is that you took the road less traveled by and had gold morning happen years down the road. Most fics imitate canon and have scion set off early, but here they took advantage of the extended timeline and prepared.

6. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Ok.

I enjoyed this. But, I do feel this was too easy. Not so much the Golden Morning, but, in general.

It's a bit too slick. Taylor wins a little too smoothly.

I think it's a bad habit of yours, Ack. Sometimes, the Hero needs a setback, so the eventual win is even more satifying.

macdjord likes this.
  7. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

It was very quick.

Alibi kicked the shit out of Jack Slash, Taylor stunned Crawler, they located Manton and neutralised him, then dumped everyone into a portal.

When you have the resources of Cauldron at your disposal, fights tend to go that way.
    She did, but only in passing. She's the one who located Dinah Alcott.

She tends to avoid Taylor, because she's miffed that Taylor can use her Paths better than she can.
    They spent SIXTEEN YEARS planning it out. Every last detail. Once Jack Slash was out of the way, they avoided all major conflicts via Contessa and Dinah (and Watchdog, under Lisa) and got all the pieces in place before springing the trap.

It almost went wrong anyway (though she'd planned for that, too) but the reason there wasn't an "oh shit we almost lost" setback is because Taylor had the facts at her disposal, the resources of Cauldron at her disposal, and set about taking down Scion the smart way. That is, not by trying to outpunch him, but by leading him into a trap and smashing him.

There's drama, and then there's grimderp "we gotta fight like hell to gain every inch" drama. I decided to avoid that by having Taylor do it smart.

8. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

I wasn't talking about the Epilogue.

It's a tendancy of your stories. To my taste, it's a bit too easy for the "Hero" to win.

I'm not saying its bad. I like your stuff. But, I don't feel things are hard enough.

You might know what I'm saying already. But, if not, it might help flesh things out, so....

Hope it helps.

ShadowStepper1300, macdjord and Ack like this.
  9. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I have been working on that tendency.

ChestBurster likes this.