1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ubervald! OOC and Charsheets

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by Vindictus, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

You know, I'm starting sense a pattern in your characters. :p

2. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

::) I don't know what you are talking about.... ~whistles innocently~

3. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Really, Xicree, maybe branch out to something different? :p

4. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

I could... but i love it. To make monsters, to be monstrous, to create and change and conjure the monstrous into being...

Mad biologist is just the best of professions. Or mad summoner. Or Mad engineer. :p

Or all of the above as one.

5. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Its just, we have two mad scientists, and 3 folks who are the product of mad scientists.
    One pure magic user might be fun, annnnd you get more bullshit powers~ :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Actually, I'd say that, considering this is supposed to be somewhat of a horror setting, having noone really versed in magic sounds kind of fun.

Seems like a convenient way to avoid the "seen it all" reaction a bunch of PCs of mythical levels are normally bound to have to whatever's going on.

7. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Wonderful point, Just seems like a whole lot of madmen is all.

8. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

I am going for "creature of magic but no magican"

9. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IIrf_JSuQk[/embed]

10. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Our party has a distinct lack of healers, we need a Karin type expy stat (whom of course, would be the product of a mad scientist)!

11. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

*Clears throat*
    Healing lvl 3.

12. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

*blinks, was making a joke anyway, but fine~

13. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Sorry, hard to tell when everyone is just floating text on a screen. :p

14. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Startup is going to be a bit delayed, as my free time took a sudden hit due to random 'You are hired, be ready for orientation on monday' call.

Halfway through digging a ditch that needs to be done ASAP.

Needless to say, I'm going to be short on time and energy the next few days... otoh, MONEY. Money is good.

15. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Completely understand!
    Money is good.

16. Scia

The work in progress of my Sucubus/Incubus child, or Vampire.But I am still playing around with it.

Body 6 Mind 6 Soul 9
    Attributes:
    Rank :15 +30 Heightened Senses (all triple effect of normal ones) meaning it should be 5 times rank 3 and not one at 15 and thus be legal

Rank :3 +29 Mind Control - Very Broad Irresistabler charm (, Duration 5)
    Rank :5 +18 Weapon Mindblast (, Psychic, Multidimensional, Incurable)
    Rank :0 +15 Weapon Bite (, Incapacitating 5, Drain 3, Enervation 3, Vampiric 4)

17. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, while we're waiting for the game to start, maybe we should discuss how our characters know each other?

18. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Hollowick Manor is home base,
    Lets see, Felix the catman...thing...person lives in my house, I put up the the fuzzy idiot kleptomaniac, I also know Jonah as I do maintenance work on him.

19. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

It's a love-hate relationship.

On the one paw, Felix can't do whatever he wants now. He's a pet.
    On the other paw, there's free food, a very comfortable rug in front of the marvelous fireplace, couches and walls and even special places to sharpen his claws, the backyard is big enough to go for a hunt if he feels like it, and sometimes the human has challenging errands that he wants run. They're irritating and humiliating, because no one says what to do to Felix, and not a human at that. But there are delicious, mouth watering treats when he does the stuff the right way. That is the boring way, with not enough blood. And those treats treats are degrading and humiliating and annoying and Felix hasn't managed to steal the recipe. Yet.

And I bet the good doctor doesn't like it very much when the cat occasionally decides to show his magnificence by dropping a corpse on the porch. Even if it was just a brigand.

20. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

If I had to take a stab in the dark, without really knowing what our starting location is like, I'm a student at a nearby university, whom goes out and proactively guards the town by killing brigands. Probably run into Felix while doing said brigand killing. Probably treat him like a friendly stray, if we were killing the group together... mmm, followed him home to make sure the living conditions were ok, and that the mean old mad scientist wasn't mistreating him... Gave the good doctor the "I'll be watching you" speech, followed by putting a new crater in his stone floor/steel table (whatever works for effect) for good measure. Then hrmm, it evolved from there, I check in on Felix, and seeing as he has ties on both sides of the law and nobody really knows me, he sends me after whatever is troubling him (and by default the people) in the area... So in a way, he does act like a baron, even if he doesn't realize it.

21. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Inside Dr. Hollowicks head. One minute thirty seconds "I'll be watching you" Speech.
    Armor fused to skin, interesting, product of self experimentation? No, too much animosity repeatedly uses phrase Mad Scientist in a insulting fashion. Maintains defensive posture even when threatening my person. Victim? Yes.
    Uses protect, save, good, evil and connected phrases often. Hero Complex? Yes. Possible simplistic moral view. Perhaps, would have to investigate further.
    Based on voice and bone structure young female, age eighteen to twenty. dent on two inch steel table indicates superhuman strength. Classification unknown. Annoying.
    Combat Threat? Minimal. Is inexperienced fighter, most likely relies on armor. Point blank shot through visor. Bullet would enter brain, ricochet off inside helmet, further damaging brain. Death immediate.
    But possible Ally? Useful, but young, stupid. Could steer in right direction. Keep safe. Propose alliance in fashion that would make her think it was her idea. Best course of action.

Meanwhile, outside his head.
    "I'm sorry dear but did you say something? You see, I don't listen to boring children as rule. So if you wish to continue to threaten my person, please make it interesting. Very busy trying to make an untouchable criminal touchable."

22. minuseven

Felix likes the tin-can girl the best. She touches him in between the ears precisely the right way (not like the bastard, he doesn't even scratch him!).

He's slightly irritated with the way she thinks he can't take care of himself. He can! He's just hanging around because there's free food (not the blackmail, or the compulsive need to one-up Hollowicks, who told you that, no one 'cause it's not true) and to keep an eye on the girl.

...Because she needs him to, running towards enemies without even sabotaging them first. Despair, for she's obviously touched in the head and needs this mighty feline's guidance.

So, friends I guess?

23. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Then she'll sing a little song and the cat goes to sleep, also fish, gotta love them open bribes... I mean peace offerings between fellow victims... then again, she wouldn't know subtle if it smacked her upside the head and pointed it out to her. I guess being unable to use your power without informing the world where you are does cut down on options a bit.

(Would love to see him pull off that shot though, her top speed while using that armor is... 10*3 (sprint rules) *2^4 (special movement fast)... 480 kph...) Granted, I guess a simple anger demonstration would hide that fact, so yeah there is that.

24. minuseven

Wouldn't that top speed be highly un-maneuverable? (I am imagining a scene where she has to dodge at top speed and ends up crashing through a couple of houses and/or trees.)

25. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

She's wearing a suit of armor in a loud singing voice, what part of subtle does that imply to you... Also, that's top speed, not everyday movement speed. Rules state it takes a while to get to that speed. So yeah, she's the lumbering juggernaut you don't want to be in front of when she gets a full head of steam going, and not all that great at things like stealth or anything involving thinking out of the box.

... yeah I'll bring it down to 240120... 480 is a little crazy... (also found a bugged value in the spreadsheet for extra actions, joy... re-balancing and checking if any of the other values are wrong for my character again, oh yay) actually, by the dice, 240 is where I need to be... so 240.

Still becomes an interesting which is faster moment, his trigger finger or my dodge speed moment there. Granted, surprise attack not being mentioned, he'd be suicidal to try pulling the gun on me while I was paying attention.

26. Scia

For me I am thinking girl next door or even a village tavern wrench that got bitten/learned that her mother/father was a demon as a religious symbol exploded in her pressence and then she run into one of the others while fleeing from a mob.

27. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Lighting Reflexes, Hollowick has a +3 to initiative. Yours is flat. As far as reaction time, he's faster then you. :p
    Also! Dead Eye~ hehehehe!

28. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Combat Technique 9 (Critical Strike, Deflection, Leap Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Brutal 2, Hardboiled, Lethal Blow, Steady Hand) 18 points

Just pointing that out there.

29. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Missed that. Hm. Hmmmmmm~ I do have all those points left over.
    :p

30. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Mmm, yeah, aura of inspiration is useless to this group, I shall add another point to lightning reflexes! Good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.