• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

UI.X Dark tags? When?

nerserker

Know what you're doing yet?
I like the UI.X Dark style for the forum. It is easy on my eyes and allows me to find things with ease. So, I'm wondering if the bug where this stye doesn't show any tags is ever going to get fix. I find it a little annoying to have to change styles every time I want to know what tags something I want to read has. I looked around a bit and I've noticed this bug has been around for years now. But I have not found someone setting a date for it to get fixed or talking further about it besides "use another style."

I like the UI.X Dark style very much. So I would appreciate it if someone could let me know if this little bug with it would ever get fixed.

IIRC, there won't be notable updates to any QQ functionality until after the XF2 update. That update itself has been "SoonTM​" for several years at this point. It is reasonable to conclude that your favorite theme will not be updated.

IIRC, existing themes will not work as-is on XF2. They will need to be majorly updated or completely rewritten. You can request that your favorite theme be adapted, and include the request for tags. I know there's a thread for it, but don't remember what it's called; styling requests or something like that, probably.

When I was trying out themes, I liked the look of UI.X Dark, but abandoned it precisely because of the lack of tags. I settled on using "Dark Responsive (Green)", in case you want to try that.

If you're on desktop, then depending on how themes work it may also be possible to expose them with an extension like Stylus or GreaseMonkey -- if the tags are there in the HTML, but hidden by CSS and/or JavaScript, then all you have to do is tell your browser to show them. This is an "advanced mode" topic, however, and may not even work. If you try this approach, all I can do is wish you the best of luck.

IIRC, there won't be notable updates to any QQ functionality until after the XF2 update. That update itself has been "SoonTM​" for several years at this point. It is reasonable to conclude that your favorite theme will not be updated.

IIRC, existing themes will not work as-is on XF2. They will need to be majorly updated or completely rewritten. You can request that your favorite theme be adapted, and include the request for tags. I know there's a thread for it, but don't remember what it's called; styling requests or something like that, probably.

When I was trying out themes, I liked the look of UI.X Dark, but abandoned it precisely because of the lack of tags. I settled on using "Dark Responsive (Green)", in case you want to try that.

If you're on desktop, then depending on how themes work it may also be possible to expose them with an extension like Stylus or GreaseMonkey -- if the tags are there in the HTML, but hidden by CSS and/or JavaScript, then all you have to do is tell your browser to show them. This is an "advanced mode" topic, however, and may not even work. If you try this approach, all I can do is wish you the best of luck.

That is unfortunate... Thanks for the advice, though. I'll get to do just that. I just can't believe someone would leave something like this unattended for years.

No one knows there is an issue until it is observed and reported.

as for the update…. SoonTM​ is hopefully a little closer then it was not so long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back