1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And the prior update did bring Vault Boy into the roster as a Mii Fighter...

2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, huh, I may look at Genshin Impact again. There's a rumor leak that say the next update will let you get the 5* of the banner if you roll 50 times on it. Which is kinda crazy, but still way more generous than any other gacha can claim to be. There's also reason to claim it's fake because said leak also show rates will be removed which is kinda illegal now at some places.

But if that gacha leak is real, well, wow.

3. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Ignoring the waifu wars, so far Genshin is proving to be just a fun game in general. I didn't expect to be as invested in the story as I am.

I also didn't think I would like Amber very much, energetic character archetypes usually just get on my nerves, but here we are with her as my favorite character so far.

Imabot likes this.
  4. TriforcedLink

TriforcedLink Hero of degeneracy

Not going to lie that is probably going to be the thing that keeps me from buying it if it's true.

5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

It would cause many to spend however. Because you're no longer spending for gacha, but for 100% odds of what you want.

6. S_K

S_K Know what you're doing yet?

On the topic of Genshin Impact, apparently 4-Star Archer Fischl is S-Tier, and she's one of the promoted characters on the current limited banner. I got two copies of her and decided to give her a try.

...Yeah she's pretty fucking good. Just give her a +energy bow of some kind (you get a 4Star one from beating Stormterror in the main storyline), stack attack/crit on her Artifacts and you're good to go.

Imabot and GiftofLove like this.
  7. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

You mean the game or gatcha currency? Because in case of the former it's impossible to buy this game because it's free do download and play.

Edit. Genshin info about changes to the gatcha seems to be that every 10th roll will have guarantee to give you a 4 star weapon and a item to exchange for any 4 star character in the featured banner you made a roll. Same thing will apply for 5 star weapon and characters but it will be every 50th roll. It's isn't clear if there is still a chance to get Additional 4* and 5* in the roll or it is supposed to be new pity system.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  8. TriforcedLink

TriforcedLink Hero of degeneracy

How involved is the gacha in Geshin? Starting to think I misinterpreted something.

9. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Not very? You get four characters just for doing the story, all of whom will serve you pretty darn well. There's probably a gacha-wall somewhere in the future (I don't have a water or wood element character yet, for example) but you can play for a good while on just the freebies. It's also reasonably generous with wishes(gacha-roll items) at first, and the beginner banner gives you a free 4* character the first ten-roll... it's also discounted to 8 wishes instead of ten, though you can only roll that banner for twenty items total. In... I think I've done fifty rolls so far, and I have something like ten characters, including one five star. Though I haven't been using him because he's the fire yaoi-bait and Amber is being so damn useful.

I also rolled Fischl, but I've been using Lisa over her. I should level her up and give her a try.

Imabot and GiftofLove like this.
  10. S_K

You get the following characters for free, always;
    Main Character - One-Handed Sword; Anemo (Wind Element) / Geo (When you go to Linyue) / Every element eventually, I guess
    Amber - Archer ; Pyro
    Lisa - Mage ; Electro
    Kaeya - One-Handed Sword ; Cryo

You get one character basically for free (You get the Gacha tokens for free and are guaranteed to get her if you roll on the beginner banner. Which you should do twice.)
    Noelle - Two-Handed Sword/Mace ; Geo

You also can get two characters for free for a limited time;
    Barbara - Mage ; Aqua ; Hit Adventure Rank level 20 before patch 1.1 is released
    Xiangling - Spear ; Pyro ; Hit Adventure Rank 20, then complete floor 3-3 of the Spiral Abyss, then redeem her from the "Events" section (IIRC).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    GiftofLove likes this.
  11. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I don't like Fischl much. With Amber she's pretty redundant, niche wise. I rather use Lisa, who doesn't need to charge up her attacks to apply Electro.

12. S_K

Use Fischl's Elemental Skill. It's the whole reason she's a good character. It applies Electro when you use it, then applies Electro to everyone it attacks every time it attacks. It lets you chain elemental combinations constantly.

13. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Oh god. Genshin leaks are is speaking about best alleged feature for 1.1 version.

After confirming that player is 18 years old they can disable characters becoming transparent/invisible when looked at from below. Yes! Looking upskirt of female characters is back and no longer restricted to just admiring their rears while they are gliding!

Mihoyo really listen to players feedback.

14. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Well, that's one way to get more subscribers. *laugh* :D

Tried it yesterday. The whole exploration thing is already much better then your usual Gacha Game Cycle, tough the fact they close off areas until you're done with such or such story mission is annoying. Combat feel kinda floaty at time and it's way too easy to get stunlocked against multiple ranged opponents.

Also, same question as Astral Chain, why the fuck is the MC an Heroic Mime ? They were voiced in the intro and Paimon is annoying as fuck. BotW is infinitely superior just by virtue of not having a Companion Fairy. Seriously, character like Paimon exist for one reason and it for them to do stupid stuff that get the MC in trouble without the MC appearing like a fucking moron by making those mistakes themselves. That's it, that's why Paimon exist. To be the living Stupid Ball grafted to the MC and his/her party.

UnthinkingWisdom and Anonnermus like this.
  15. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

It's asian game were MC is mostly a SI for player.
    Heroic Mime is very much standard for these games.

And I have disagree that MC wouldn't get themselves involved in many silly quests. In the profile lines were Traveler is "talking" with Paimon they are often act silly, play along or it's Paimon who few times is straitman in this duo. Also Traveler shows great curiosity in learning and speculation about world they visit. It's not OOC to just want to what they see or learn about Teyvat.

There also show compassion and empathy for other people. So they are willing to help. And return favors to anyone who helped them.

Besides Traveler doesn't have anything else to do as to walk around and hope to find a lead about their sibling. And helping people gaining favors etc.might be best they can do at the moment. And it does work.

GiftofLove, MinorGryph and Rakdos92 like this.
  16. Deathwings

Nah, that's not what I meant. Like, the Pirate Treasure quest. What is the very first thing that Paimon does when "investigating" the treasure potential location ? Blow the fucking secret wide open and give the thieves we're racing the information they need to find the treasure's location. These sort of stupid, stupid contrivance annoy me to no end.

Seriously, BotW did the Heroic Mime thing the best in recent memories. Because really, if you're going to stick me with an annoying voice that follow the MC everywhere and goes on and on and ON and never shut the fuck up, then DON'T! GOD! That's so fucking annoying!

Derek58 likes this.
  17. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Eh, caved in and tried Genwhatever. It's fine, I guess, and once you get to notChina, it stops looking quite so much like Hyrule's own empty fields. Of course, then you get the rock Lizalfos. They didn't have to be chameleons, Mihoyo. You coulda made 'em rock... cats or armadillos or something. In fact, that probably woulda made more sense with how they fight.

Personally, I think Paimon is actually a decent example of an annoying character who's still endearing and that's not easy to pull off. The jokes about eating her are really goddamn weird though. Like, she's not a creature, guys; she's just a floating little girl, so that Xiangling, or whatever her name was, is a fucking cannibal. :V

18. Deathwings

It's REALLY leaning into the "Online Gacha BotW" rep, yes. They're really blatant about it. Like, there's a survey that get you resources if you complete it, right ? The damn thing keep bringing BotW up constantly.

19. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Wait, so the one screenshot where she's called an "emergency onahole" is shopped?

GiftofLove likes this.
  20. Melmar

Ha! Subtle.
    Oh no, that's totally legit. Also, would you like to buy a bridge? :V

21. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Remember, it’s not cannibalism if you’re just the same genus.

searcher8 likes this.
  22. Melmar

Really though, I wonder if she was originally intended to be a creature and that tested poorly or something, so they made her a... space fairy? Space fairy. And they just didn't change the script afterwards meaning the MC and what's her face come off like cannibals.

23. Deathwings

Paimonahole is already a thing. Look it up.

24. S_K

So I don't know how many people are still playing / have gotten to Liyue in the story, but holy shit does it stop very abruptly. AFAIK, Chapter 1 Part 2 is the last "Archon Quest" (Main Quest) in the game right now. I honestly thought that we'd at least get all of chapter 1 in the initial release, but I guess we'll get more in the next update?

Hell, I hope we get more story before the next continent is released.

25. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Paimon is mascot character, and annoying mascot are "cute"

Most likely Mihoyo couldn't find an easy substitute for Paimon and kept her because it makes the game less empty by having her occupy empty screen space during talks, menu's etc.

26. Melmar

Here's a weird fun fact: Paimon is the name of a demon king from the Ars Goetia who has, among other things, the ability to summon weapons, armor, and servant spirits. She doesn't have anything else in common with him but, that's a quirky place to take inspiration from.

GiftofLove likes this.
  27. S_K

Hit the second wall in Genshin Impact today, floor 5 of the Spiral Abyss requires two teams of level 50-ish characters.

28. Maragas

Maragas Versed in the lewd.

Focus on 4 characters, two for each team. You don't need all 8 characters, only 1 DPS dealer and 1 Healer/DPS Enabler per team.

For example, focus on Fischl and Barbara for one team. Xiangling and Noelle in the other.

All other slots could be filled with characters of your choice to cause an Elemental Resonance or two. Or even to quickly swap in and out for their useful Elemental Skill.

S_K likes this.
  29. S_K

Hey, that worked perfectly. Got 9/9 on my first try.

Not so much on the next floor, but I'll give that another try at lvl 70.

30. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Got razor and Chongbyun, I really like great sword crits for some reason

Pika!