1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by Ack, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Index: Don't Worry Be Happy
    Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Welcome to the vote thread, Shader.

In other news, I've posted up a one-shot called Don't Worry Be Happy.

Still working on Recoil.

Navrin likes this.
  2. Index: Nemesis
    Ack

Have not yet done Brian & Aisha, but here's something to go on with.

Snake/Eater and Navrin like this.
  3. Index: Nemesis
    Ack

Posted for Nemesis. Still working on Recoil.

Voting will continue.

Navrin likes this.
  4. Index: Unfavourable Outcome
    Ack

Still working on One More Trigger, but here's a little one-shot to creep you out.

Unfavourable Outcome.

5. Index: Option Three: Original Fiction
    Ack

Still working on Aftermath, but here's something to pass the time.

Navrin likes this.
  6. Index: I, Scion
    Ack

... and that's the next installment of I, Scion up and running.

Tallying votes.

Voting is CLOSED.

7. Index: Nemesis
    Ack

Still working on NSW, but here's some Nemesis to go on with.

Sol Mark-1, Snake/Eater and Navrin like this.
  8. Index: I, Scion
    Ack

9. Index: Number Two
    Ack

Still working on Security!, but have a non-Worm superhero story anyway.

10. Index: King's Man
    Ack

Still working on Security, but here's a couple of chapters of a fantasy story I've been working on.

PathtoReading and Navrin like this.
  11. Index: The Matter with Minions
    Ack

PathtoReading and Navrin like this.
  12. Index: Choosing a New Fic for the List
    Ack

Okay, everyone.

I, Panacea will be finishing as of its next post, which is likely to be later this year.

In the meantime, I'd like people to vote for the new fic to replace it, from the following list:

Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
    Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
    Prodigal Daughter [0] (Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)

(The following are concepts I'd like to write fics for, given the chance)

Seeing the Light
    Kayden Anders has just discovered she's pregnant. She's decided she wants a better world for her kid to grow up in, and she's decided she's against the whole crime thing the Empire's into. So she splits from Max. At the same time, she tries to break from the entire racist Nazi mindset. In canon, she fails, falling back into the old ways of thinking even while she tries to make the jump into heroism.
    What if she doesn't fail? What if she meets a nice understanding guy who offers platonic friendship and a shoulder to lean on, and (most importantly) a new viewpoint for her to work on to get away from the other mindset? What if she actually manages to get there, and work her way through it while she's pregnant with Aster, so that by the time her baby is born, she's ready to become an actual hero with the help of her new best friend (who is also the godfather of her baby)?
    Of course, there will be challenges; Max will threaten her with taking Aster away from her, her old Empire friends will try to drag her back into that life, but she's done with that, and can see through it all. And of course, she's got her new friend backing her up ...
    ... Legend.

World War Scion
    Scion appears over Hawaii, on December 7, 1941. Due to the savage ferocity of the attack, and the number of people who would otherwise be casualties, a whole bunch of US servicemen end up as capes on the very first day of the new stage of the war. The Japanese carriers are quickly located and sunk by these new capes.
    However, as the war progresses, each time the capes on one side start to present a formidable advantage, this triggers capes on the other side. The war begins to stretch on ... and on ... and on. Capes are now the major combatants, making surprise raids into enemy territory. And when it looks like hostilities are starting to wane, monsters (with vague national markings) appear and attack in defiance of truce, starting things up all over again.
    So, the year is 1971. It's been thirty years, and the war is still ongoing. Taylor Hebert, aged fifteen, is undergoing testing for potential to trigger (this will get her drafted). Unbeknownst to the testers, she already triggered when she was shoved into her locker, and she has no desire to go to war ...

EDIT: To clarify.

The current voting round consists of these fics:

Alea Iacta Est
    Collateral Damage
    Hostage Situation
    I, Panacea
    One More Trigger
    Reality Intrudes
    Recoil
    Slippery Slope
    War Games
    Wyvern

Vote for them in the following format (but using whatever titles and order you like):

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
    [X] Collateral Damage - 5
    [X] Hostage Situation - 4
    [X] I, Panacea - 3
    [X] One More Trigger - 2
    [X] Reality Intrudes - 1

Note that the numbers are vote points. I will be adding up the vote points for each title.

I would like the next replacement fic to be voted for in the same way, in a separate vote to the current voting round fics. Note that there's only five of these, so the highest number is 5.

[X] Conflict - 5
    [X] Entanglement - 4
    [X] Prodigal Daughter - 3
    [X] Seeing the Light - 2
    [X] World War Scion - 1

Note that this is an example only. Note also that the numbers are vote points, so it's not "number 1 comes first". It's "five vote points is more than one vote point".

If we can vote similar to the above setup, that would be awesome.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023