• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Okay, after consideration, I'm going to be taking two more out of the running, to leave 13 in play. That's an odd number, but I think it's manageable, and best of all, it leaves War Games in the running.

Until further notice, that's how it's going to go.

I'll probably be bringing it down to about 12. Which means that Danny & Taylor, Nemesis and probably War Games will be taken out of the running. Nemesis just got a chapter, but War Games is gonna hurt, given that it's one of my more favourite fics. Still, getting the number of fics down to a manageable figure is important so I don't bog down.
Hmm.
Okay, after consideration, I'm going to be taking two more out of the running, to leave 13 in play. That's an odd number, but I think it's manageable, and best of all, it leaves War Games in the running.

Until further notice, that's how it's going to go.
Oh. Well...

On the one hand, I'm happy about War Games. On the other hand, I'm mildly upset about your confidence that this will be the outcome.

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

Hmm.

Oh. Well...

On the one hand, I'm happy about War Games. On the other hand, I'm mildly upset about your confidence that this will be the outcome.
That's what it seems to be at the moment.

Of course, that's two more chapters down the line, so we'll see how votes are going then.

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Nemesis - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Thank you O Spectacular Ack, for all that you do for us - your fans

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3

Voted for Slippery Slope and Wyvern because I like them, Alea Iacta Est because I like the pun inherent to the 'fic and Trump Card because Lung needs his ass kicked in that 'fic, sooner is better.

I have no idea what War Games is about and I don't mind a spoiler explaining in a little bit of detail why. If anyone would be so kind to reply back, that would be epic.
It's a crossover fic that does a fairly good job of explaining the other side of the crossover.
A hardened bounty hunter, the AI of her ship (voiced by Sean Connery), and the politically important young man they just rescued from a galaxy spanning transhuman culture (but not The Culture) are tossed through to Wormverse via their FTL method getting fucked up by a giant explosion. They arrive in time to help against Leviathan as he's wrecking Brockton Bay. It hasn't gotten too much farther past that, mostly just minor culture clash, and the AI pwning Saint when he tried to hit the Ascalon button.

[X] Alea Iacta Est -1
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Trump Card - 6

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1