1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Wandering in Dark Worlds (Jumpchain SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Oddly Lionized, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: 4.4 Constructive
    Oddly Lionized

Oddly Lionized Making the rounds.

4.4 Constructive

Like a spell that was said at her words all the dogs, horses, servant, Victorian styled hunters, even the freaking carriage began coming at the building I was on.

I turned to the Autumn Queen and gestured towards the mob of this Leanan sidhe’s victims.

“That, that is what coming to a head looks like.”

Her shocked face only had a slight part of the lips as every changeling looked ready to book it.

Not that they needed to, because I was the only target.

Why? because the Other only named me.

I didn’t need a retort to the words I just said. With a grand leap I flew through the air to the roofs on the other side of the street.

The actual ‘ojo-sama’ laugh was heard as the true fae found the scrambling scene of men and women amusing.

I jumped off a ledge headed away from the wrecked street. A yelp was heard a werewolf flew into a water tower ahead of me I didn’t even glance his way.

It was time to see just how far I could push showing off as I activated the 3rd contract of stone.

From my side I twisted as I dodged one of the dogs headed my right.

Then I ducked the net thrown my way, snatched it from the air then winked at the girl who threw it.

“Bwah-”

I flipped over the horse that somehow was behind me, I covered its head with the net while spring boarding off its rider. I heard troubled yelps and neighs as I jumped from horse to horse dodging their rider’s grasps.

“No”

“Sparkles!”

“Crazy Bas-”

“Move out th-gyah."

I nicked a rope then jumped then with a twist I put it around a dog’s neck like improvised reigns. I stabbed its butt with a claw.

‘Rooorrruuuuuuu’

The thing went wild as it ran around with me on its back as I burned glamour to improve my luck and dodging. All the while I had the brightest grin on my face.

“How The-”

“What the-”

*Crash*

“I’m Fall-”

The dog went over the edge as I got off on the ledge.

“Wasn’t that Doodles!?”

I heard a crash and a car alarm went off, I didn’t look, didn’t have the luxury.

I turned with a smile at my would-be captor the 2nd rank of stone activated.

I hopped back, grabbed onto the ledge and I rent downward. My hand left great destruction othe wall I was going down.

“Whoa-AHH”

“Nonono-”

“This is cra-HHH"

The sound of falls to the street echoed behind me didn’t move me one bit. I wanted my freedom just as much as they did and they had to work hard for it.

Like every other changeling.

I ran forward and leaped into the air more than I ever had. I heard the whistling of wind I twisted to the side as huge shape rammed into me. The armor blocked out the damage I heard the turning of hinges. It was the carriage; I dug my claws into it I pulled and dug the nails of my feet into it too.

“KyyyaaaH!” Was heard from the inside of it.

With all my strength I held on as it tried to shake me loose screaming in pain.

With a tsk I activated the 1st rank contract of separation and let go as I fell to the ground. That falling feeling was nothing compared to the thrill of seeing the ground come at you.

I landed on all fours; there was a slight sting, but nothing broke.

“Ohohohohoho!”

With a flat gaze I realized I was surrounded.

From atop a corner of a roof on the intersection I stood in the middle of there she was, the luscious woman.

“Now bring him here for his long-awaited duty!”

The true fae’s yell set the hunters all yelling a battle cry as they converged at me.

I thought ‘, three, two, one.”

I fell in my portal on a king-sized bed.

The portal closed as a loud crash was heard from it.

I stared at the ceiling few moments.

Then my chuckles started, they grew, and grew into full blown laughter. Then they turned to sobs as the realization of what I did hit me.

The fae that fought over me at the auction and I had a deal.

In the next ten years if they couldn’t catch me, I was free.

But if they did, I wouldn’t run away from my new keeper.

That was bad.

I curled up in a ball and mourned my next nine years of being hunted.

My six months head start was wasted.

-----------------------------

Jumper Achievements

-wyrd 11

-4th rank in the contract of separation and stone obtained

-Devotee contact made

-Wyrdskill in dodging and athletics obtained

-Clairity at 6

-Everyone's WTF moment

-The Hunt of 20 true fae gunning for him

-Freehold Hate

-Nothing Good

-First arc finished​

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. Threadmarks: Observer Interlude
    Oddly Lionized

Observer Interlude

Kelly didn’t know what to do, the werewolf woke up and was going to take her.

Next thing she knew it protected her from a giant brutish monster.

She saw where he landed after he was thrown.

The guy was still choking when she helped him to their secret meet up.

Her cabal’s secret meet-up.

Jonah was a dark haired electric green-eyed scraggly hunk. But he was still a werewolf so guns on him were a must.

She was currently getting told off by Beth.

“You guys almost got caught by the vamps, you know that?”

Kel nodded she knew it was risky but somehow through the army of hunters they made it to home base.

“What's this about a life debt!?”

Jonah was saying he wouldn’t rest until he paid her back for the save.

Not sure what’d she would do with it though.

“I got the message to him,” Kelly said as she rubbed the concoction over her wounds. She felt them painlessly shift back into place.

There were only like, 17 of them, but that guy needed some support.

Especially with his enemies.

----------

A wild hunt just took place for one changeling.

One, the Gem, Kinjen Gonzalgo.

The red badge squad were found barely alive in the hedge. Half of the group didn’t last through the night; the others were on the mend for the next few days.

Karlann, The Autumn Queen sat at her bed with Bosso Nova next to her. The beastly furred lizard like man just kept an arm around her. She found the heart of the man beautiful, but everyone thought that she was manipulating him. The truth was that he was the one that moved her.

Even now he was a voice of defiance to just surrender. It was the reason his court wasn’t growing as it should. Not many wanted to take the man’s fervor for what it was.

Pride at keeping this town safe.

A few from the Spring and Winter court felt that fire from the meeting that night about the incident.

The summer court had twenty new members that wanted to fortify their place in the city.

But several of the freehold already headed out for greener pastures away from this nightmare of a town.

It was only ten members, but that was a Motley down.

Ones that decided this town wasn’t worth it. But they weren’t born in this city, they came from outside it. Everyone else that had a connection here, a family to watch over, grounds they knew.

That connection wasn’t easy to abandon.

Karlann understood their worries, a true fae came to town with a small army.

All for one changeling.

“He needs to go,” she said as she snuggled into the monster of a man.

She wasn’t shallow, her ruling over the court of fear and horrors proved that. She liked scary things; she should have been a darkling. But to escape she used seduction, charm on one of the guards to trick him into letting her out.

“Yea, we’ll get rid of em’,” the rasp of his baritone always comforted her for some reason.

That night they consummated their feelings.

A beauty and a beast.

------------------------------

The blond in her trench coat sat in a room sipping the red liquid from her glass.

Other murmured around her.

“Our blood servants' numbers have dropped.”

“Those blasted dogs attacked my warehouse, costing me thousands...”

“.... Still, those fae creatures backing up the wolves are interesting ....”

“Is the prince sure that we can stall this fighting....”

“You weren’t there, you didn’t see that an army appeared out of nowhere....”

“….. Kinjen right, who is he and why is he so important?”

Her thoughts in a nutshell.

The man with a lion like appearance shouting at her to a run. A man she spotted in the distance appeared at a gas station out of nowhere.

Then when she saw those wolves follow him; she thought she could make a new blood doll.

If life had been in her she would have a blushed at the thought. He bowled her over and sent her running from the pack.

He did distract most of the wolves that time away from her hasty retreat.

One bitch did chase her, but she got away injury free.

A drip of red ran down her chin, she traced the line back to the corner of her mouth with two fingers, she sucked the blood off of them.

“Trishia.”

She gave a tilt of her head towards the burly muscular man that called her.

“The prince is calling all active member, a response for the losses of several servants must be made.”

The man’s deep baritone that once made her shiver in delight had lost its luster.

“The Grangels have arrived,” he said with a smile.

“To get a bite of wolf it seems,” she said with a smile.

A simple deception, he could never truly read her that well.

Honestly, she was beginning to find the Carmillia a bore.

But because of those wolves she couldn't reliably travel by herself.

One whiff of her and they’d rip her to shreds in an ambush.

Her mind went back to the lion that everyone was so interested in. His portal didn’t allow access; even their magicians strongest spells did jack squat against it. Trishia resisted a laugh, those Tremere and Ravnos said they were fairies.

The leading theory was that Kinjen was some sort of fae gigolo. Whom played with far too many hearts both male and female.

It was like a bad trashy romance novel.

But it looked like fun.

More fun than she had in years.

-------------------------------------------

Jonathan tried to control his leg from bouncing.

His pack had been removed from the active fighting because of the contract. Kinjen’s contract with them. Until they heard the man was dead, they weren’t allowed to engage with any fae stuff.

Nina was beyond angry and jumped at any chance of action to bite some vamps.

The pack and him were scouting areas with the vamp activity. They took out one of their holdings and several their puppets.

“Hey, how's life Jony?”

He looked up to see a short plain looking bespectacled brunette giving him a wide grin. A deeper instinct told him to take it as a threat, but it was her so he stuffed it down.

“Clementine, life’s been .... interesting,” he said with a smile.

She sat down in one of the college cafe seats.

Jonathan’s father wanted him to be a law graduate, since it looked like he wouldn’t turn. Then he did and that made things complicated.

He was expected to fight, but he was also balancing his schoolwork with it. Not that anyone expected him to. Jaxon wanted him to drop out, the man viewed his brother’s efforts as a waste of time.

But Jonathan put years of work into school.

Jonathan even graduated when he was sixteen, from High school. He was twenty-three and already gained his bachelor's degree in criminal law. He was a year into his masters and didn’t want to let it go.

It was familiar, it was human; the part he didn’t want to let go. The part that his family kept telling him didn’t matter.

He wished he was born Forsaken instead of Pure.

At least then he could have some freedom.

‘He’s so like one of man.’

That was what was always said of him.

The runt of the pack.

Jonathan was slimmer than most; even his form as a golden lean beast seemed beautiful to others. It was a blot that he had non - Pure friends that he hung out with.

Clem was probably his only human friend left who hadn’t been intimidated away by his pack.

She took their posturing at her as a bad joke.

“So, how was coding class?” He asked.

She sipped her sugary latte; he liked how cute it was. It was like instinct, maybe mating instinct. He didn’t like when she showed him teeth. Everything else though made him want to eat her up.

He hoped it wasn’t literally.

They met in the senior year in high school and kept in contact ever since. She was cute to him back then, but someone this fragile with his family would be bad.

She wouldn’t survive types of bad.

“Meh, it was eas-”

“Jonathan.”

His heart dropped to his stomach.

“Oh, hi Nina,” Clementine greeted, oblivious to the threat Nina gave baring her teeth at her.

“Nina, what’s going?” Jonathan stood between his pack-mate and Clem.

Nina looked around him towards Clem, he moved to guard his ...friend.

The she-wolf just snickered and motioned him to follow her.

He nodded, turned to Clem, and said “, sorrylooks like something came up.” He and Nina walked off and were about to turn the corner.

“Man, you like em’ short!” Nina suddenly exclaimed.

Jonathan glanced back at Clem who tilted her head him. He looked away and pouted, Nina laughed as she pat his back.

She loved teasing him.

-------------------------------

Clementine stared at the man’s back.

She took off her glasses and murmured something under her breath.

A smile came onto her face as she saw the golden wolf-man overlaying Jonathan’s form.

“Ah, well better get back to the job the Free Council wanted done.”

Her glowing hazel green eyes were hidden under the café's parasol.

“Sorry Jony, but it’s just business.”

She put out her hand on the table, hummed a tune, a magenta butterfly flew out from under the table without any other café goers noticing.

She always thought he was cute, so she kept an eye on him like most of her friends. Low and behold, the boy was from a family of werewolves.

Man hating werewolves to be exact.

At home she watched him, it was a hobby of hers.

People watching, she called it.

Clementine watched as he was knocked down and treated like the lowest of the low.

If he ever exerted any form of personal strength or will they’d put him in his place.

Often a punch to the gut or a smack to the head. He had a scar from a time a younger cousin bit him once. It was a nasty event, you’d think they’s show him more care.

Not the case though.

“Maybe he can live with me?” She murmured out loud. She took a bite from her cookie.

Clementine lived in an apartment all by herself, it was lonely since her parents were gone.

It wasn’t every day you watch a vampire kill your mom and dad. Then imploded the vampire into a shower of rose petals.

She was an Apostate mage after all.

She and the others were forced to cooperate with each other to veil their existences from the bloodsucker and rage beasties.

It wouldn’t do to die from being all alone.

It was a truce until this territory battle was done.

She got up from her seat and wandered off. As a mercenary for the local cabals she had a job to do.

Locating Kinjen Gonzalgo and send the Adamantine Arrow after him.

------------------------------------------------------

'The spectator Unit observed: City denizens'

'Desired subject: Inter-dimensional deviant entity Kinjen.'

'Directive: Assimilation.'

'Process: Beginning step 1.'

--------------------------------------------------------

Jump Achievements

- Allies Made: Devotees, ??????

-Neutral Interest: Vampire Coven

-Enemy made: The Freehold, Werewolves, Hunters, Mages

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  3. Threadmarks: 5.1 Maneuver
    Oddly Lionized

5.1 Maneuver

It was morning and I sat at a coffee sipping coffee and drained a bit of glamour of a couple being frank with each other behind me.

I noticed the changelings, the ones openly staring at me.

The parked car I ignored, seriously guy get tinted windows if you’re trying to spy.

The number on the slip Kelly passed me had been uncalled.

Why?

Because every time I stepped out someone was watching

Suspected blood dolls, hunters thought I couldn’t sense their hostility.

Not like the werewolves; they were beacons of hatred.

I debated whether I should check something out in the hedge, but it was still too dangerous.

The cup in my hand was empty, I let out an annoyed huff.

This was super annoying.

I got up and walked a bit still vexed by the inane number of followers. Most wouldn’t risk pestering me....

I glanced around at a street crossing waiting for the light to change.

That was when I noticed her. The beautiful red head in the yellow sundress. The true fae smiled and put her index finger on her lips. She wanted me not to make a fuss.

No one else had noticed her yet. I just clammed up and kep-

My vision swam, something tugged at me and I realized exactly what was happen.

Something had been trying to drag me to the hedge. But in the distance in my distorted vision a vague shape resembling a mansion was about to take shape.

It was Arcadian, I focused and popped a claw.

I needed to think quick.

The talons stabbed deep into my right arm; I kept my face stoic as I burned through glamour. I pulled back and announced my words with strength.

“This pain and this blood, I declare is of the children of man at its core. Thus, I stay by this blood's shores, away from the lands they of man do not reign.”

The shifts in my vision faded back to reality.

It was night and the streets were empty.

Across the street stood no one.

I glanced around and could see-

I was on the ground and kept myself from freaking out and breathed.

I felt sick as I sat up.

There were thick globs of blood on the ground.

My blood.

A black van with at-

It's the Cheiron Group abort!

“He’s ours!” A female voice from behind me shouted.

I fell into the medbay area of my warehouse.

I powered through the lightheadedness and lethargic feeling caused by blood loss to disinfect and bandage my arm.

I didn’t expect to wake up on the floor, but I realized I needed water.

I needed glamour too.

--------------------------------------------

Jumper Achievements
    -Wyrd 12

-Contract of Dream rose to 3rd rank from 1

- Contracts of Omen rank 2nd

- Contracts of the Moon rank 2nd

- Contracts of Hours rank 2nd

- Contract of Thorns and Brambles rank 2nd

-Clarity dropped to 5

MimeofDeath and sainen like this.
  4. Threadmarks: 5.2 Maneuver
    Oddly Lionized

5.2 Maneuver

Three days later and I felt better and there was now a glowing claw scar running up my right arm.

I didn’t risk goblin fruits undoing the effect of the wound being a totem binding me to Earth. After five years I would be able to take it off after I cemented my roots to the dimension a bit more.

It was a spell that bound me here. I needed to do a few things that would make it harder for me to be snatched away so easily.

Rather not become a walking talking scar.

That meant being with my devotees. That meant I needed to have time to call them up and perform the...the...

I snapped back to the bench I had been sitting on at the zoo.

I fed on childhood wonderment at the animals they’ve never seen before.

A shaky breath left from my mouth and I remembered something important I did with someone. Someone who had died in Arcadia because of me.

I got up and took out my cell phone and hit the speed dial.

With a calm pace I walked on with a frown on my face. There were several glares of curiosity and apprehension.

I was a guy in a hooded trench coat obviously I got stares.

The phone rang and I heard the voice of someone picking up.

“Hello.”

It was a man’s voice, her boyfriend maybe.

“I’m sorry for waiting this long to respond, but I simply hadn’t got a chance to call without someone pestering me,” I said in a hush tone.

“Who is this?”

The man sounded irritated.

“Kinjen,” I answered as I hid in a bathroom stall.

There was a bunch of voices on the other side of the line.

I waited on the line and got out the stall and found to bald men in shades and suits waiting for me.

“Kin, this is Kel-”

“Call you back I have some men in black to evade,” I interrupted, quickly I shoved the phone into the pocket of my trench coat.

The men wordlessly took out two guns that made the hair on my arms stand on the end.

I wasn’t going to fight and completed the catch of the 4th rank of the contract of separation with the 1st rank of the contract of stone.

These guys aren’t going to complete their mission.
    -------------

The group is not liked.

5. Threadmarks: 5.3 Maneuver
    Oddly Lionized

5.3 Maneuver

One stabbed forward with a sparking electric rod. I side stepped and jumped over the other one lounging.

I ducked under another stab at me, I responded in a swift uppercut. The guy dodged most of it, but a glancing blow to the jaw with my augmented strength he stumbled back clumsily. I didn’t waste time at awing at the strength I could reach and ran out the room.

I blew past a guy dressed the same as the two gathering themselves from my path and dashed to the more crowded area of the park.

Know what, I didn’t need this right now.

I dropped down into my portal closed it behind me. Then dashed through the warehouse to the other portal.

I paused and whistled, the headgespun car parked beside me. Opened the door, went inside, and drove through the portal.

It was a good thing this thing can drive through water, on walls, and through snow. Did I mention this thing has an invisibility mode?

I stopped under a bridge.

I took out my phone and called Kelly.

“Yes hello.”

“Hey,” I breathed out “, I give me a moment.”

I didn’t realize just how tired I was.

Kelly’s voice was soft as she asked “, what happened?”

“Oh, you know, the usual,” I answered.

“Specifically?” Another female voice asked

I watched as a fish swam through the water.

“Just dealing with the agents from a conspiracy of evil pharmaceutical and medical companies that like to experiment on supernatural creatures,” I said. I turned the cloaking mechanism on and stared easing forward.

“Wah- seriously?”

It was a guy this time.

I turned the speaker phone on and started to drive.

“Yeah, this is my life now,” I said.

I drove out the lake to the grass. It was about a mile until the nearest highway.

Maybe I can finally make some friends.

Yes there is a super car in this story

MimeofDeath likes this.
  6. Threadmarks: 5.4 Maneuver
    Oddly Lionized

ssed it to her.

“The map shows the general territories of each faction, the no go zones you should avoid unless your feeling ballsy.”

Kelly spread the map on the floor and asked

“What about these colors?” Kelly asked.

“The red side would be the vampire, the silver would be the werewolves,” I answered.

“What about the green and white dots?” she asked. Her group converged behind her. Jonah stayed close to her side.

“The green are the spots where ghosts and spirits I’ve noticed while exploring the town,” I answered.

Outside the window showed a still barren street.

“Sh*t, there’s one close by,” one of the boys muttered.

Having the contract to see ghost and spirits was useful. It let me know what places had potential poltergeist activity. In a town with so many supernatural creatures there would be side effects like those.

“And white marks are….?”

“Places that I recommend no one goes near,” I said. I kept my face as stern of an expression I could manage.

“I wouldn’t want anyone going near those points,” I said gravely. No one should go near the God Machine. Why? Because that’s how we get cyborg werewolves, nobody smart wants cyborg werewolves. Or nanite empowered vampires that can walk out into sunlight.

We didn’t need anything like that.

“Any reason why?” Jonah asked.

It was hard for me to take his ‘obligation’ to Kelly at face value. He could just be gathering information for the local pack. Who just happen to be Pure instead of Forsaken. Not the people I wanted to associate with.

“I rather not talk about it directly or I could get it’s attention and that would be bad,” I answered plainly. I didn’t want it pestering me. The G Machine was a pain to work around. If it’s effects weren’t so easy to read I’d have been captured a while ago.

“There’s really something like that in the city, uh what about the big blue marks?” Jonah asked. Seriously, this guy pinged all my suspicion.

“Potential magi spots,” I said. I walked towards the group and sat in front of them. Jonah let out a low growl at the sudden proximity.

“Magi?” the girl said behind Kelly.

Kelly looked through each street of the map in focus. Most likely she was figuring the best ways to maneuver around them.

I took notice that they had more female members than male in their group. . Not sure why that raised a flag in my mind.

“Plural for mages,” I answered calmly.

“Just some ridden then, nothing to worry about,” Jonah said. He rolled his shoulders calmly.

“Nope their the most dangerous beings on the board compared to the white marks, which I reiterate do not play with.”

My very stern expression made them pause. Kelly looked up from the map curiously “, how are a bunch of nerds in cloaks that dangerous?”

I just tilted my head at them like they were crazy. Then I realized of course they think that mages aren’t that dangerous. They were just some guys who could maybe curse you or throw a fireball.

A desperate correction was needed before someone wandered into a sanctum and got themselves body horrored.

I stood up with a click of my tongue and the portal opened behind me.

“I’m going to explain to you why mages are things you fear the most when dealing with unknowns,” I said.

I grabbed a stack of papers, pens, clipboards, and a bottled water.

My warehouse was stacked with a whole lot of stuff I’d never use.

My class stood at attention when I got back out the portal. Jonah was at his seat again. Kelly still stared at the map while a few stopped talking.

“You're all going to take notes because I really don’t want to explain how mages are not possessed by powerful spirits, “ I gave a pointed look at Jonah who growled “ aren’t a bunch of nerds in cloaks, “ I gave Kelly a disappointed look, she looked a bit disheartened.

“But are majorly a powerful bloodline that could be traced back to an age where the world’s continents were one,” I put up my hand to pause people who tried to interrupt “, and remember history is written in the present mostly by people who hear about it second to twentieth hand from other sources.”

I took a deep breath before I continued “, now then what is the difference between a thaumaturg and a real mage.”

“There the same thing, tomato tomahto,” said a more bookish girl.

I walked up to the girl who froze and the people edged away. I smiled and passed her a sheet and a pen “, more like tomato…...”

I held onto the sheet as she tried to pull back. I leaned in and said “, ….. to- nuclear warhead.” I let go of the sheet of paper then started passing around the sheets.

“You need to realize everything you think you know is just something that was fed to you by an authority figure that treats the information they’re repeating as gospel, but I’ll be blunt,” I sat back on the barrel near the window.

My eyes narrowed on a oddly pink butterfly in flight at night.

I turned my eyes back to the group “, personally I do believe in God, but you all need to learn the things that others believe both human and not human in this world. The darkness isn’t something to fear, its what hidden in these various mysteries that will leave you in disbelief.”

Kelly stared at me and nodded. She got that werewolves and vampire meant there were other things that bump in the night.

I gave them a friendly closed lipped smile at them.

“Now what am I?” I asked calmly.

“A fairy,” Jonah answered.

“Seriously,” someone muttered under their breath.

“I am fae, but what am I specifically as a fae?” I asked. There was silence, I chuckled.

“Another question, what is the basic society of my type of fae like?” No one answered

“What are the enemies my type are at odds with that hunt for me?”

Jonah shifted in his seat uncomfortably. Kelly just stared at me wondering what I was getting at. Everyone else was waiting for me to get to my point with various expressions of discomfort.

“Come on, know thy enemy, know thy friend, and you’ll know fear, but it won’t rule you when you encounter them and have at least a general guideline on what to follow when you meet them.”

Realization went through the room.

“Information is a power not to lack, because knowing the difference between a Changeling,” I pointed to myself “, and a true Faery will help you at least know what is going on.”

“So, you got switched out for a real person?” The pouty husky girl asked.

“No, a real changeling is someone the true fae takes and leaves a fetch as a replacement,” I explained.

“So you were human?” Kelly asked. She looked at me with a bit of pity.

I smiled “, yes I was in faery, Arcadia, for about, thirty some years, but I got out.”

I chuckled “, but I think we got a bit off topic.”

I glanced out the window and noticed the butterfly sitting on the window sill. Everyone around me noticed it as well.

I went to smash it but my hand went through it. It was an odd color of pink. It floated then dissipated into motes of light

The crowd got startled at the sight.

My head went out the window and I saw the deserted street light up. In the middle of the street a rent the size of a doorway in space appeared.

“What's happening?” Kelly asked, the glocke I gave her in hand .

The crowd already were taking out various knives and pistols.

They noticed the light, but they were sleepwalkers so no paradoxes occurred.

Jonah was already hairy with a wicked set of claws.

These idiots were going to die if I let them try to fight prepared mages head-on.

I activated the first rank of vainglory. I turned to them catching their attention with a start.

“Into the portal, now!”

Without thought they flew to the portal with only Jonah and Kelly hesitant.

The crunch of boots caused my ears to twitch as I went for the portal. The other two stopped hesitating and went in. I entered it without hesitation.

‘STOP!’ Echoed through my head.

I blasted glamour at the presence and a scream of pain was heard behind me. The urge to glance was there, but I was already in.

I heard a metallic crunch and saw the werewolf standing over on of the robots that took care of the place.

It was sparking and wrecked with a dent on the head area.

I rolled my eyes at the sight and ignored the sight. Time relative in the warehouse was at a ratio a billionth a second. Meaning no time outside the warehouse past in relation to it.

But I had work to do and a demonstration of magic to make.

“Wait, Kingen, wha-”

“Mages located our meeting and they are not to be trifled with, take the stairs to the lounge area and make yourselves comfortable,” I interrupted Kelly while heading to my workshop.

I needed to destroy the memories of the area and curse it against Mage magic.

“Oh come on their not a threat-”

“Jonah you have no idea what they're capable of, if you did you’d know that one mage with proper prep time and intelligence can destroy a city by themselves and they were listening for God only knows how long to us,” I paused and he was quiet, stepped back, pointed ears drooped, and backing down.

Vainglory was going to be used more in the future if this is what having a large wyrd with it could accomplish. Werewolf obedience through mega persuasion was convenient.

“I need to destroy the memories left in that place because they can watch the past like a movie, I don’t think they read my mind to get your names and faces because anything faery can screw up your day if you aren’t careful, now go upstairs and relax, pick a bed it’ll take me a bit to set this up,” I finished.

They didn’t need to be told twice to head up. I watched and waited with the sternest expression I could muster.

They closed the door.

I waited a bit staring at their direction. Then I headed to the workshop, I stepped around circle I drew for s special ritual I was making for absolute emergencies. I got a bottle of beer emptied out the contents then replaced it with new alcohol removed the wrapper around it.

On a new part of the floor I drew a circle slowly. I drew a octagram in the middle, then drew a Jera rune in a flame to burn the year from the place.

The clothes I had on where in a furnace for added effect. My only clothes was a loincloth with three red yellow and orange bangles on the skinniest part of my limbs.

I put the bottle in middle; so happy I remembered to lock the door; I let the dancer enjoy the sound of his heartbeat.

Was going to pray forgiveness for this later.

I forgot what exactly happened as I danced, but I do remember circling the bottle twelve times as I burned glamour. I was sweaty from the intricate movements I had done, but I didn’t have time to rest.

My blood needed to be heated for it.

I stabbed my index lef fingers with my own claw. I let a drip of blood fall into bottle. Then from my middle finger, then the ring finger, last my pinkie.

“Dagaz, Jera, Kenaz, Ihwaz.”

Bottle glowed orange with flints of yellow with red.

I did so four more time and on the fourth I added the drop from my thumb.

By then the bottle looked like it had flame glowing inside it. I grabbed one of the rags I had in my lab and drew the Ihwaz symbol with lighter fluid mixed with ink.

I wrote each rune I spoke in the air and breathed it over the rag. I then said to the rag with burned glamour “, burn away all the time wherever fire burns.”

The rag sparkled with magic and olde wonder. I kept the nausea from my face and form.

Took out the light drew Kenzas on it with ink and blood. The fluid in it glowed bright greenish blue. “Light a flame of new years turning the olde to ash.” It was sparkling too.

I Dagaz on the bottle and said “, by my right as your owner be joyful in the final day as whole, as all burns around where your content spills.”

Finally I left the room to the portal and ignored the stares I got from the innocent lambs watching me, but I focused on the task at hand. The rag was in the bottle and I lit with the sparkling lighter that turned into ash after the flame was lit.

“Those memories at ye land, burn them to nothing.”

I drained the fear of the power I held and the magical Molotov cocktail through the portal and closed it.

I turned to may class.

Their various expressions at what I had done just then were a bunch of gapes. Either at my body or the electric heat of the power of fire in the air.

“Now that the mages are going to be busy for the foreseeable future, let’s all enjoy my luxuries.”

I paused.

“Just so you all know the hot-tub is mine for the next hour, I reek of sweat.”

I could feel the incredulous gazes pointed at my back.

Yet, I was satisfied and secure.

Better work on making them some tokens to use.

Preferably ones that exploded in the hands of people who aren’t under my umbrella.

--------------------------------------------

Jumper Achievements

- Wyrd 16

- Contract of Dream rose to 3rd rank from 1

- Contracts of Omen rank 3rd

- Contracts of the Moon rank 3rd

- Contracts of Hours rank 3rd

- Contracts of Vainglory rank 3rd

- Contract of Thorns and Brambles rank 3rd

- Contracts of Element rank 4th Fire

- Contracts of Communion rank 4th Fire

- Clarity rose to 8 via controlling others and feeding survival instinct

That was fun to write. I'd love some feedback for this one. Its my Favorite so far.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  7. MimeofDeath

MimeofDeath No, I do not "know what you mean".

I know nothing of the setting but I like the story.