• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

What would happen if mcs got skitters powers.

AscendantMouse

Femboy Connisieur
What do you think woupd happen if the main charqchter of the past piece of media you consumed got skitters powers? Obviously bug control is different in strenght in different places but....in a place with hellish insects like that one horror anime with giant mosquitos it would be pretty op no?

The purpose of this thread is to discuss what would happen if the mcs had these powers INSTEAD of any they do not inherently have. (I.e the dragonborns dragon soul is inherent but the magic and other skills are not.)

Dont wuss out! Think of some horrifying bug combos lmao.

Midorya from MHA.
Instead of getting bullied for being quirkless, he would get discriminated against for having a villainous power
There's also probably some bug people in MHA so he could control them

The last game I dabbled in heavily was Alan Wake.

It would probably get really weird really soon. Suddenly gaining insect control powers of nowhere would probably freak out poor Alan and not be all that much of a help anyways considering the eldritch nature of the forces set out against him They wouldn't be all that weird to suddenly have such powers though, considering the stupid shit in the greater Remedy-verse that hack Sam Lake* has spawned into existence*

*and I love it, all of it.

Considering all the weird shit the Wol gets into?

"Yet again a new set of powers for our fabled Eikon slayer?"
Warrior of Light nods at Thancred.
"I see. In any case, my friend I wanted to ask you something."
Wol tilts head.
"You see, I've come up with a new stratagem and I'm sure this time it will do the trick! The war has been long but at last, F'lhaminn will fall for my roguish charm! So, what do you think of..."
Wol sighs as Y'shtola snorts and turns a page from nearby.

Tl;dr: It would merit little more than a 'huh' and a shrug from the rest of the Scions.

Harry Potter wouldn't mind the power being friends with his cupboard spiders but Ron Weasley would have a mental breakdown when he opens Harry's trunk and sees the horrors he's brought.

He'd probably sense lee's tarantula on the train and befriend him and the twins- who would smile devilishly at each other before roping Harry into their pranks.

It'd be mostly a crack fic I imagine, with such scenes as Dumbledore saying the power he knows not is love with Harry rolling his eyes and claiming spiders are Voldemort's demise.

Either way I can't see Harry failing to win and easier than he originally did... only where there's one power from a spacewhale there are others. I can't see Voldemort triggering really but his death eaters certainly- likely from being crucioed.

Morrowind.

There is a lot of giant arthropods. Silt striders the size of giraffes, which the locals use as transport. Wolf-like predatory nix-hounds. The hive-dwelling kwamas that are the size of a bear. Mudcrabs that are everywhere. An organized army of these creatures would be a formidable force in itself, but if you also buff them with potions or spells… And this is all in addition to the usual management of small insects that will fit into any crack and which cannot be hacked with a sword.

On the other hand, there were undead and daedra, vulnerable only to silver or better weapons. Chitin weapons, as far as I remember, were not considered such. So the protagonist would still have to bring down a more or less serious opponent with his own hands, arthropod assistants would only be able to immobilize him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back