1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will of The Force (Star Wars / Worm)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by CapCaverna, Apr 18, 2023.

1. CapCaverna

CapCaverna Know what you're doing yet?

I would like to both thank you and, again, apologize, the chapter will come out tomorrow on Patreon.

At the start of the chapter, I said it would be delayed until late tonight, but it will actually only come up early tomorrow.

2. Spelloyal

Spelloyal Verified yuri lover

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the warning, I was anxious and ran straight to the chapter and didn't see it until later. Honestly if it wasn't such a great fic at such a critical time in history I wouldn't have bothered, your fic is amazing so I can't help but look forward to the next chapter.

Joshua Thomas and S!ËGFR!ÊD like this.
  3. S!ËGFR!ÊD

S!ËGFR!ÊD Versed in the lewd.

Breaking News! Local Rogue Kills Lung! The PRT Posts a Bounty For Him, To The Outrage of All of Lung’s Victims!

More At 11.

4. UponAPaleHorse0

UponAPaleHorse0 Making the rounds.

Just Whoa! That was one epic fight. Just wondering now that he is not truly a dark sider will he develop any unique or other abilities that he was never capable before? Or at least train to use others? I mean the lightning was awesome, and I hope that he uses others in the future as well.

5. MarcusDeGabriel

MarcusDeGabriel Experienced.

With Anakin’s precognition and speed I’m honestly surprised Oni Lee was able to dodge him so many times, I’m not super familiar with Worm cannon, but it just seems unlikely to me.

Or I could be completely wrong, but I dunno.

6. The_Bajar

The_Bajar Not too sore, are you?

Cannon's a big gun, the word you're searching for is canon

Anyhow, precognition doesn't help that much if the other one moves fast enough you are unable to make use of knowing what he'll do

7. MarcusDeGabriel

But he WAS still able to sense where he would be?

Also autocorrect sucks.

Joshua Thomas likes this.
  8. The_Bajar

The correct term in my opinion would be autocorrupt, but I like writing entire sentences about the whole canon/cannon thing (just not from my phone, hence the short one).

About Oni Lee, Anakin was fighting two at once, and Oni's a really annoying foe with the teleport spam

9. MarcusDeGabriel

Yeah, I suppose that’s fair.

10. mpbjunkie

mpbjunkie Not too sore, are you?

The fight was awesome, one of the best fight scenes I've read in a long time. Very cool to see Anakin make good on his promise. It's a wan hope, but maybe the PRT will be reasonable and not escalate things.

11. Hdjksnsndaj

Hdjksnsndaj I trust you know where the happy button is?

PRT PR: *Furious typing*

”Local villain masters child, murders two people, and causes millions in property damage!”

12. S!ËGFR!ÊD

The rest of the country: Hold on, let me fact check…

Cauldron: *Throws PRT under the bus to appease Anakin*

Triumvirate: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

13. Thunder God

Thunder God I trust you know where the happy button is?

Add Contessa I think she will be scared of someone who changes her path so much

14. sam seeker

sam seeker Mr Ritcher

It's also about reaction time and reflex though, does Oni Lee have the ability to counter force backed precognition, reflexes, and reaction time? I would think as soon as Oni Lee teleported anywhere near Annakin he would be dead before he could even respond with a teleport. I'm not sure what his full package is though so not sure what he's like for that. A lot of people underestimate how much bullshit being able to move even marginally faster than someone else makes in a fight let alone a large gap.

15. CapCaverna

The way Oni-Lee's power works is that he teleporst somewhere in his line of sight and leaves a clone behind, one that will act independently for 5 seconds before collapsing into ash.

Every iten he has is cloned with him, even tinkertech grenades, which makes him the ideal teammate for someone like Bakuda.

My own interpretation is that Oni-Lee VERY rarely attacks someone himself unless he's taking things easy or he knows his enemy, it's much safer for him to have one of his clones do it and, since he engaged Anakin after seeing that he was dangerous, he was already being carefull.

So, he teleports to Anakin and immediately teleports away, leaving a clone behind, it's this clone that pulls the pin on any replicated grenade or atempts to attack Anakin.

Since Oni-Lee is an old cape, I believe he can do such switch in a second or two at most. He's a professional, it's unlikely he didn't train such manouver until it became instinct, until he could do it as fast as possible.

Also, Anakin is able to use Force Precognition to predict where Oni-Lee will teleport, but he's more accostumed to using it to predict danger to himself, so, initially, he's predicting where Oni-Lee is gonna attack him and reacting in time to block or counter that, not the teleportation itself, since Oni-Lee is always attacking with a clone, not his true body, it's what saved him.

With time to concentrate or just get used to it, Anakin would have quickly adapted and Oni-Lee would have teleported into a lightsaber, but Anakin was busy with both parahumans, and Oni-Lee quickly saw that Anakin was getting closer to catching him, so Oni-Lee himnself adapted, starting to teleport further away from Anakin, giving himself more time to get away.

16. S!ËGFR!ÊD

Contessa: *In a corner, whimpering*

17. Thunder God

Thunder God I trust you know where the happy button is?

Alexandria: It can't be that bad.

Contessa: It's as if every time I do something to counter him something tells him you're in danger and he just acts in a different way than the Path predicted.

18. S!ËGFR!ÊD

Anakin: *Somehow directly behind her* Your power is inconsequential compared to the Force.

Alexandria: You would put your faith in a made up relig-? *Starts choking*

Anakin: I find your lack of faith rather disturbing.

Contessa: *In a different corner, staring in fear of the impossibility before her, continuously muttering “How?!” over and over again*

19. Lucho9

Lucho9 Viva la vida

Dinah: eating popcorn in the other other corner*

20. Redblood2222

Redblood2222 Getting sticky.

Capcaverna based on how you said oni lee's power works I would say that the minute he goes to teleport behind Anakin he would teleport directly into a lightsaber thus dying because he would teleport away leaving a clone with the lightsaber hole but he would also have a lightsaber hole wherever he teleported for him with Anakin being able to sense where he teleports he is screwed

Joshua Thomas likes this.
  21. Deasentri

Deasentri Lewd Detective.

Anakin Win

Fatality

22. S!ËGFR!ÊD

Flawless Victory.

23. Threadmarks: Chapter 10
    CapCaverna

Alright, as I said in my Supergirl notice, My familly has been having a lot of problems lately, to the point that I was both extremely busy and not in a mindset to write. I tried, but the words just wouldn't flow and, sometimes, I'd stare at the computer for two hours and write three paragraphs.

I tried to start new stories or work on old ones, but nothing was working. Also, I lost my job and it's the end of the semester at college, I had a lot of tests, having to finish writing an article as well, so everything just happened at the same time and I was overwhelmed.

I gave a better explanation on Patron, but the truth was that I really didn't want to talk about what was happening in my personal life. More than that, not everything happened at the same time.

To tell you the truth, I thought I'd just delay things by a few days at first and apologise at next chapter, then something else happened, and something else. In the end, I always keept leaving the explanation for "When I post the next chapter, it will be soon" and that never came.

Well, I just started posting again, chapter 11 was just released on Patreon and I'm starting to post chapter 10 everywhere else!

Anyways, I really apologise for the delay and I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!
    _____________________________________________________________________________-

“Yes,” Anakin simply said, his voice carrying over the roar of the fire.

With a quick hand movement, he thrust the lightsaber through Lung’s head, finishing off the gang leader without even leaning down and, with the other hand, he stopped two projectiles, the non-lethal munitions aimed straight at his hand in an attempt to stop him.

Taking a moment to consider both projectiles floating in the air under his power, Anakin didn’t know if he felt insulted or impressed. “Even now you continue to use non-lethal weapons. One would think the last display would change that stance.” Lowering his hand, he let the projectiles fall to the ground.

Miss Militia didn’t answer. Anakin could see her heart beating hard in her chest, the hero getting ready for any retaliation while also struggling with her own adrenaline. She didn’t want to fight him, but she was struggling to stop herself from making the first attack.

At her side, Velocity had briefly used his power to gain some distance when Anakin had executed Lung, but he fell out of his Breaker state soon after, glancing from Miss Militia to Anakin with jerky, anxious movements while paying attention to his own comms.

For a second, Anakin just stared at the two heroes, attempting to sense their intentions. Despite his actions, both still felt hesitant to engage him, their minds filled with shock, apprehension, fear, and confusion, but also tinged with a sliver of relief.

He supposed he could understand them. They had orders to arrest any parahumans alive and, while they were doing their best to follow such orders, that didn’t mean they approved of said commands.

“I can confirm, Lung is dead,” Velocity said, his voice low as he spoke into his comms. “Unknown, I don’t see any signs of him. Console, please advise?”

With slow movements, Anakin straightened his posture, deactivating his blade and lifting his cloak before gently guiding the handle back to his waist with the Force. Both heroes tensed with his movement, but they seemed to relax slightly now that he didn’t have a weapon in hand.

Looking between Velocity and Miss Militia, Anakin pondered his next move, consciously trying to resist the pull of the Dark Side.. “Have you already dealt with Bakuda?” he asked.

His intention had been to fully eliminate the ABB’s parahuman support today, but he didn’t need to do everything himself; if they had at least managed to deal with the mad bomber by themselves it would show a modicum of competency.

Miss Militia didn’t answer but, from the shift in her feelings, the slight amount of both worry and confidence, he knew they were already dealing with the Tinker and that the woman was sure it would be a success.

“Polaris, you don’t need to be an enemy. If the girl is really in danger we can help. This will complicate things, but it’s still not too late,” Miss Militia broke the silence, tilting her weapon slightly dowards, convinced he’d not start attacking, but ready if he did. “You haven’t hurt any innocents yet and you’ve only stolen from criminals. After what he did today, no one will condemn you for killing Lung. Just surrender and the Protectorate will help you.”

Anakin simply looked from one side to the other, watching as the fires around him lost some of their power, but still burned through the entire block of buildings. At least he didn’t sense any lives in immediate danger.

“Your ineffective games do not interest me.” Anakin shook his head. He had no interest in joining their organization. “I have played them far too many times before.”

“Anakin, don’t do this,” the woman appealed, her hand squeezing her weapon and she struggled with herself, her mind conflicted between wanting to help and to fight him. “We both know the government isn’t perfect, but making it your enemy isn’t the answer.”

At her side, Velocity seemed content to let Miss Militia talk, his eyes glued to Anakin’s unmoving body even as his own foot tapped against the ground, muscles ready to start moving at the first signal of action.

“The fact your organization would still accept me after today does you no favors,” he shook his head. “Regardless, the Protectorate had the chance to improve this city. It chose to remain neutral, feeble; to maintain the situation instead of working to improve it.”

“Then join us, help us set things right. The Protectorate isn’t perfect, but nothing really is; it still has things worth fighting for,” Miss Militia tried again. “Think about Dinah. After this, the Protectorate won’t be able to just leave you alone.”

Anakin actually thought about the option again. Not because Miss Militia was being convincing, but because he could actually feel both heroes were genuine, both truly believed they were doing good.

Then again, the Jedi too had believed they were doing good… and this city reminded him far too much of the Republic’s later reign. The old Order had held on to their false peace, working to keep the Republic in order for so long without realizing it had become only a shell of its former self.

If Anakin was being honest, the Republic hadn’t died with Sidious, it had died long before he was ever born. The Jedi had simply kept its corpse intact for a century or so, too preoccupied with protecting a name to notice that what they were truly fighting for was already dead.

The same thing was happening with this city. The PRT and Protectorate were so preoccupied with stopping a gang war, with keeping parahuman fights from escalating, that they were letting the situation slowly deteriorate. They were letting the city slowly rot from the inside instead of risking it dying in one single confrontation, stretching out the suffering in a vain attempt to diminish it.

“Incorrect; after this, the Protectorate will leave me alone, the same way it has done with Lung and the ‘Empire’,” he finally said, turning his back to the woman. She truly did remind him far too much of the Jedi. “Your willingness to fight for what you believe is commendable. Pray you do not come to regret it.”

Stepping away from the heroes, Anakin believed there was a more than even chance they’d be ordered to engage him, probably in a superior’s mistaken belief that he was weakened after the battle; time to dissuade them of that.

Lifting a hand towards the still burning street, dense clouds of black smoke lifting up in the air, Anakin closed his eyes, trusting the Force to warn him of danger while he concentrated.

Slowly, he spread his reach with the Force through the entire street, feeling every brick, every wall. What he was about to do required concentration, control. It was not something he could do while worrying about getting attacked.

Opening his hand, he released a Force push, the technique almost like a pulse that pushed away all the air in the street, dispersing the smoke without causing any further damage to the buildings. The fires only gently flickered, barely affected by his power.

Twisting his hand palm up, he slowly closed his fist, using the Force to slowly smother the flames, cutting off their supply of oxygen until they completely died. The street was still hot and there was still the danger that the fires would revive from the embers, but he had just smothered almost every fire Lung had started.

There were still a few flames on the nearby streets, but none were as hot or strong and Anakin already sensed the city would be able to deal with it.

In a fight, he could never have gathered the concentration for such a feat, and it had been a risk with two heroes close by. But it was a show, not only of power but control, skill. A statement that wouldn’t be forgotten.

Moreover, he had also just saved several city blocks from burning before the flames could be fully controlled, indicating that he wasn’t here just to destroy. Lowering his hand, he prepared to leave.

“Yeah, I think we can safely say he’s still in fighting shape,” Anakin heard Velocity snort in his comms, the hero’s voice dry and without any inflections.

Without his direct control, the wind started blowing again, reigniting a few small spots of fire, but nothing bigger than a few centimeters, the flames lazily flickering while black ash rose in the air.

With a ‘crack’ the front of a building finished collapsing, the darkened bricks falling on top of each other and spreading through the street, the structure too weakened to support their weight.

Stepping on the half-melted street, Anakin briefly stopped, slightly turning back. “I have seen what happens when compromises are made, when one lets the decay spread slowly for fear of disrupting current circumstances.” Lifting a hand, he let some of the ashes fall on his palm, the black and gray remains falling through his gloved fingers before he squeezed them into a fist. “I can feel it: Your organization would ask me to remain calm, to not interfere further. That is something I cannot do.”

Turning away, his cape trailing behind him, Anakin continued walking, his feet almost stomping the street as he used the Force to keep the heat away from him, the air distorting around his body.

The heroes didn’t pursue; whoever had been watching the confrontation had decided to let him leave without further problems, unwilling to risk a second engagement after the level of power he had just shown.

Empowering his legs, Anakin Force Jumped all the way to the top of a structurally intact building, stepping out of the heroes’ line of sight once and for all.

Lifting his head up, he took a deep breath, doing his best to calm his emotions. He had channeled the Dark Side far too much in the fight. Worse, it hadn’t been by choice but simply his inability to keep his anger in check. It seems he still hadn’t made as much progress as he had hoped.

This city reminded him far too much of his time as a Jedi, always working to keep things functioning even as they deteriorated around him, dealing with the symptoms without ever engaging with the real problem, in the vain hope the Senate would eventually do the right thing. It had always been infuriating.

He didn’t know if the leaders of this particular city were even aware of what was happening.

Did the ones in charge actually believe they were doing their jobs or were they simply biding their time, maintaining the city as best as they could while waiting for the chance to strike without taking too many risks? Perhaps they simply wanted to keep the city from complete collapse for as long as possible, hoping someone else would deal with the problem.

As a Jedi, he had been a bandage, simply keeping wounds from bleeding out and hoping the Republic could heal by itself. But, as Darth Vader, he had been that someone else, the one who dealt with the problems once and for all — often in ways that left nobody happy, even himself.

It was unexpected: even now, as he wished with every piece of his being to forsake his time as Darth Vader and undo most of what he had done at his master’s bidding, he couldn’t lie to himself.

Between being a bandage, trusting others to solve the issue, or dealing with the problem himself, he knew which one he’d choose. It was strange to realize he didn’t regret destroying what the Republic had become.

He regretted supporting Sidious, he regretted hunting down the Jedi, he regretted not finding the strength to overthrow his master earlier, but he did not regret destroying that disgraceful pit of corruption.

Closing his eyes, he could see everything happening again, his body stumbling as the Force almost overwhelmed him with visions of the past.

Padme holds his hand, she’s pregnant, pleading with him to turn back, too late. “Come away with me, help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can!”

In a fit of rage, he chokes her — perhaps causing her death, the very reason he turned to the Dark Side; to this day he does not know.

Obi-Wan stands above his body, the pain evident on his face, Anakin can only feel rage. “You were my brother, Anakin; I loved you!”

His body catches fire, the heat consuming his flesh but, even under the pain, all he feels is hate, the feeling overcoming everything else, allowing him to survive not by making him stronger, but by blinding him to the reality of his own actions and situation.

A youngling approaches him, the boy’s fear reverberating in the Force, but also his trust. It does not matter. “Master Skywalker, there are too many of them; what are we going to do?”

He ignites his lightsaber, his new master’s orders echoing in his mind, the Dark Side guiding his hand, giving more power than he had ever held, or at least he thinks it does.

He extends a hand to Padme, his soul taking an old, familiar shape, one he had lost decades ago. He had come to take her back, but his actions are not Anakin’s, his path paved only by slaughter. She doesn’t recognize him. “Why? I don’t know you. Anakin Skywalker is dead.”

His wife falls from the balcony, a bolt of crimson lightning smashes through her soul, leaving her forever beyond his grasp no matter how powerful he is in the Force. The facade of Anakin he wore falls away, revealing only Vader.

Anakin opens his eyes again, a single tear falling down his face under his mask. It seems the Force had seen fit to give him a warning, not entirely disagreeing with the path he wanted to take, but reminding him of the dangers it represented.

Every vision was a different lesson on the mistakes he had made and what he risked now, the price he paid for his hubris. A reminder of the reasons he had turned to the Dark Side and what it had once cost him.

Squeezing both hands into fists, he slowly opened them again, letting out a long, slow breath through his mouth, releasing his feelings into the Force and attempting to calm himself.

Out there in the Galaxy, both Luke and Leia were still alive. He had no wish to lose himself again, letting the Dark Side blind him so much he’d strike against them in rage like he did Obi-Wan and Padme.

Even here on this planet, Dinah was waiting for his return. If he fell to the Dark Side again, he knew he’d probably take the girl with him. She was already filled with anger and fear… it would be easy to twist her feelings into hate.

Truly, he could think of no worse fate than to condemn her into a life like his had been, wallowing in anger, hate, and self-loathing. He would not fail her like that.

Suddenly, his head snapped to the side, his arm flashing up, hand making a grasping motion as he used Force Telekinesis to crush a small, floating device. The golden sphere exploded into a thousand small pieces, all of them held in the air by his power.

Drawing the device close, Anakin frowned. So Coil and the Travelers hadn’t just been content to prime Lung for the fight, they had also arranged for the confrontation to be filmed.

Anakin doubted this had been the only recording device present, or that he had managed to prevent the information from getting to Coil’s hand by destroying it. So he could assume his Enemy now knew far more about his capabilities.

For a second, he wanted to dismiss Coil as unthreatening, but then he remembered his own confrontation against Tarkin. The Grand Moff hadn’t even been Force sensitive, but he had driven Anakin to the brink, reminding him of just how important planning and knowledge could be.

Anakin doubted a single villain in a small city would be a match for one of the greatest strategic minds of the Empire, but it wouldn’t do to underestimate the man too much.

Drawing the pieces closer, he looked at the golden casing and the delicate electronics floating freely in the air. He didn’t recognize all of the device’s functions at a glance, but he’d have time to study it later.

With a gesture, he put the pieces inside a pouch at his waist, right beside his lightsaber. He then spread his senses again, attempting to find any more recording devices or observers.

Unfortunately, he couldn’t find anything else, any watcher having long retreated or died during the fighting.

With one last look around, he started walking again and then broke into a run, using the Force to enhance his speed and leap between buildings, drawing a straight line towards Faultline’s location.

The mercenary wasn’t at her club; she had chosen to wait at an empty building at the Boat Graveyard: a location the mercenary had surveilled before, but that didn’t have any actual connection to her. It was far enough away from where the ABB was concentrating their efforts and as far away from Coil’s own territory as possible, increasing the difficulty of any attack he prepared. The location also had few residents, making for fewer victims in case there was a real fight.

Dinah had taken her droid with her, as well as some of the more mobile automatic defenses, mostly the laser turrets that could fit inside a van. Checking his own cell phone, he saw the droid was still active and in the same location, but its charge had almost run out.

Frowning, he increased his speed, his cape trailing behind him as he ran towards the location, his feet barely touching the ground as he moved.

Then he stopped, his eyes narrowing through the visor as he stared at the street where the empty house should have been — there was a giant wall there.

Nearly five meters tall and topped with barbed wire, the construction cut through the buildings without actually causing damage to any of them, as if it had been simply built that way, Anakin’s senses telling him that the wall both was and wasn’t there.

Feeling the material with the Force, he knew that he could physically touch the wall, but it was actually weaker than it should be, as if it was simply a Force projection made solid, an echo of the bricks. Far more fragile than the real thing, but still tangible.

Leaping on top, he used the Force to flatten the wire, looking down at the city block where they were supposed to be located. There was a lot of rubble, the small house having turned into an utter mess, at least three different buildings seeming to just… protrude from its location, each one made with a different material.

The entire place appeared as if it had been conjured by a madman's fever dream. A wooden tower sprouted from the middle of the house, at least four stories tall, reminding him of a primitive guardhouse.

A bronze statue, its head and one of its limbs broken, lay on top of the building. Some force had thrown it there, its half-melted metal features distorted and welded to the structure.

A brick wall seemed to have been hit with a car moving faster than Anakin thought they could achieve, but it only left a dent on the black metal structure hiding behind it. At the side, an actual fountain made from white marble spilled water down on the street, having extinguished several fires, though quite a few were still burning outside the reaches of the water.

Concentrating on the Force, Anakin felt Dinah’s mind inside the mixture of buildings. His eyes widened as he watched Newter actually poke his head through a nearby wall as if it wasn’t there, his face filled with tension.

“Huh, so that’s why they left early,” the lizard-like parahuman commented. His expression relaxed a little. “Come on, you’re gonna have to find your way inside. Labyrinth was on a good day, but I had to use my power to help her along so we could keep the girl safe and I doubt she’s gonna be able to just let you in. The kid said you can heal, too?”

__________________________$$$_____________________________

If you like my work, I now have an advanced chapter on Patreon or you can take a look at my other novels at patreon and Ko-Fi. You can support me for a single dollar.

Thanks for Splaterred Cloak, Lunati and Eric Faust for helping out with the chapter!

Thanks for my patrons : Iori Daemona Angel, AlliterativeArts (Eric Faust) Comics, DAERMONIAN, WanderingDaemon, GrumpyJustGrumpy, Travis cox, camarada fugu, Rootbeerguy, High Priest of Torga, Michael Neal, Felrook, NotableRonin, Josh Orton, stanley seymour, AjiTae, danxzn, Louis Kasser, JVR, Joseph, Vegetables, Brendan Ferguson, Sleepymoonfox, Nisiris, Flashycow, Ryuda, Commander Miggs, Kaleb, Awais, Ty Tuttle, LordChoto, Allison Jolley, Phillip Webster, Glitched Knights, Robolo42, Zistrum, IrishxButter, Journeyman_Mike, Jason Langford, W01F, janember, AlthePal, Elia and Matthew D for supporting my work!

24. Ramuthra

Ramuthra Dabbler

Time for Anakin and the Travellers to have a quick chat, I think.

25. Xedornox

Xedornox Existential Threat To Myself.

Ah glad to see an update.

Sympathies for real life scenarios. Life can suck.

Thank's for the update.

26. ThunderBasilisk

ThunderBasilisk Well worn.

Wonder what the recording was for. To scope out his powerset or just a confirmation of one if their deaths?

27. Lokabrenna

Lokabrenna Not too sore, are you?

I liked Vader's thought process here, especially his views on the PRT/Protectorate. It reminded me quite a bit of a section from another Vader-centric fanfic I read some years ago, The Darth Side: Memoirs of a Monster.

In it, Vader describes being sent to end a civil war in a prosperous Imperial system caused by a succession crisis among the system's nobility. Everyone agreed that the war was an unavoidable and periodic symptom of their aristocratic traditions, but also that those traditions were a central and treasured part of the system's culture. After reviewing all his information, Vader agreed. So he resolved the issue by rounding up every last member of every last noble family, down to the last forgotten bastard child, and executed them all. Within a decade under their newly-installed Imperial Governor, the system had become more peaceful and productive than ever. In his conclusion/justification, Vader posed the question "Which is worse? A moment of agony, or a lifetime of ache?"

That question has stuck with me for quite some time, and I see a similar line of thinking in your Vader in Brockton Bay: Which is worse? The brief agony of exterminating the gangs and dealing with the temporary fighting and destruction that will lead to? Or letting the steady drumbeat of crime and loss chip away at the city over the decades until nothing worth saving is left?

28. Hellbeny

Hellbeny I trust you know where the happy button is?

Coil is going to take one look at that recording and decide that Dinah keeps Anakin from doing MORE unexplainable (to the shards and the humans) bullshit. So he'll probably move on to plan Epsilon theta alpha 5 whatever that is for him.

29. Barbaric_Bob

Barbaric_Bob [Barbarus-Maximus]

Hawaii, a fruity cocktail in hand and the travelers loaded off to some smuck with the words "yeah, that guy can totally heal her"

30. The_Bajar

I would say, maybe some place not as easily attacked by Leviathan, but as he came from a port city... That might not be something he thinks about